Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Home, Not Alone

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

Jose Whiteboard.jpg

I've been looking at José's whiteboard again and I noticed those two little subtractions in the middle/bottom - It looks like he's factoring in more or less $3,000 a month for net income - now given that he's got several deductions going on I'd say the most he could possibly gross is about $60,000 per year, which isn't really that great.  And I doubt he is netting $3K per week either.  The mystery amount he subtracts from that is $1,600 - could that be his mortgage?  Because he then takes the $1,400 that's left and subtracts the $800 in expenses from it, then puts the $600 a month in savings.  Now even if you add up all those monthly expenses in the left top column, they only add up to roughly $600, so where does the $800 come in?  Plus he has zero factored in for misc. expenses, groceries, eating out, etc.  Like others have said the more you look at this the less it makes sense, LOL.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I don’t know if you consider hunting and eating the meat “hunting for sport”, but I can almost guarantee Ryan and/or his family ate the venison from that deer for many months after. Many Texans hunt deer and fill our freezers for a year with venison.

I don’t know what the deer situation is in Texas or elsewhere, but herds need to be culled in order to prevent a large group of them from dying of starvation, from what I understand.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I've said before about this topic, I'm not talking about people who sweat in their sleep or engage in adult activities. I'm talking about people who just sleep and wake up. There is no funk on me I need a whole shower to wash off. Coming home from work? Yes I do.

Aren't you a FedEx driver, or deliverer, or something?  I think it was you who's had issues with dogs while delivering packages.

If so, then you're doing basically an 8-hour workout, and for sure taking a shower after that would be a priority of mine.  I've never had a job where I ran around outside all day and got actually dirty.  When coming home after driving my car to an office and sitting around for 8 hours and driving my car home, I never felt like I needed to wash the day off me.

And if I were a FedEx driver, I might not think it's a big priority to shower before going to work, since I'm going to get all grimy anyway.  Same as if I know I'm going to be exercising in a couple of hours--I don't shower before that if I'm just hanging around until then.

• Love 4

Well, it's all starting to fall apart, isn't it.

José, if you don't want Rachel to use the dishwasher, then you'll be washing the dishes yourself. I didn't think I could love a domestic appliance until I got a dishwasher (just a small, 18" compact one). I couldn't be without it now. He is far too rigid and has some control issues. I can imagine that once something doesn't go his way, or Rachel really pushes back about something, it'll get ugly. I am astonished that they have, allegedly, consummated their marriage.

Myrla is a total killjoy and it was clear from her apartment - devoid of much other than her expensive purchases and photos of herself - that she's as shallow as a birdbath and as cold as a dead fish. Gil, the ladies will be lining up for you to kiss after this.

I didn't understand the over-reaction from Michaela when she found Zack had gone out. It suggests a hair-trigger temper that is likely to be very unpleasant to be around.

I am rooting for Brett and Ryan. I think their communication is a little off. Brett is fearful of a lot of things, e.g. kayaking, manatees, flying. I think if Ryan was to say "trust me, you'll be okay, I'll make sure of that", it'd ease her fears. But he's been used to living a selfish life, and those words might not be in his lexicon.  If he's into hunting and fishing and Brett isn't, then that's not a deal-breaker; they'll just need to agree that she'll have her interests that he might not be into, and he'll have his, and they'll find things to do that they both like as well.

I call producer shenanigans on the Johnny and Bao snoring video. I think the snores were added in post-production. I have sympathy for both of them. I find women who talk in babyish voices incredibly irritating. It seems there are men who, apparently, like that and respond to it. Clearly Johnny is not one of those men.  I could see she felt crushed when Pastor Cal put Johnny on the spot about that, but the babyish pouty face she pulled simply reinforced what he was saying.

I felt sad for Bao. If this is truly who she is, then Johnny is not the man for her, and they both deserve to find someone who is a lid for their pot. But if the childishness is an affectation - even one that's become so ingrained she doesn't realise she's doing it - then there's an opportunity for Bao to maybe gain some insight and think about whether she does, in fact, want a man who is happy for her to act like a child, or whether this is a trait she might want to drop.

Likewise, I would find the showering  issue something I wouldn't be able to get over, and I don't think Johnny was being unreasonable. He didn't say "you stink, you need to shower", but rather that, at the end of the day, or after she's worked out in the gym, he can't understand why she prefers to not shower. It's something that is so easy to address, acknowledging that Johnny's tolerance for bathing is different from hers, and taking a two-minute shower before bed, yet Bao wasn't willing to compromise on this. It's not something that strikes at the core of her being, but is a small behavioural change that she could make, but is choosing not to in order to justify to herself that Johnny is the villain.

(In this context, I don't think either of them is the villain, they're just not a good match.)

ALL THE DOGS WERE WONDERFUL!!!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think he said it in last week's episode, and I thought the same thing, that it usually wasn't until 8-10 weeks that people got puppies (mine was 12 weeks when I got her). Regardless...ok, Myrla, we get it, he smells. OMG my HAND is going to smell...he smells...the apartment smells...SHUT UP!!! (I may or may not have said that out loud LOL)

Right?? I get it, it's not fun to pop out of bed and get going, but if she was actually willing to do that she wouldn't need the "first alarm" to go off at 4 in order to work out by 5:30.

Exactly.

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, essexjan said:

Likewise, I would find the showering  issue something I wouldn't be able to get over, and I don't think Johnny was being unreasonable. He didn't say "you stink, you need to shower", but rather that, at the end of the day, or after she's worked out in the gym, he can't understand why she prefers to not shower. It's something that is so easy to address, acknowledging that Johnny's tolerance for bathing is different from hers, and taking a two-minute shower before bed, yet Bao wasn't willing to compromise on this. It's not something that strikes at the core of her being, but is a small behavioural change that she could make, but is choosing not to in order to justify to herself that Johnny is the villain.

I think there are reasonable requests and unreasonable requests and for me someone telling me I have to shower every evening before bed without fail or they can't have a relationship with me is unreasonable.  I don't let anyone dictate my shower habits to me any more than I would try to dictate my husband's everyday shower habits.  This being a deal breaker for Johnny is more a reflection in his rigidity IMHO than it is any reflection on Bao's cleanliness or her willingness to acquiesce to a reasonable request. He needs to learn to compromise.  Agree that if they have sex she shower first.  Period.  Big deal. 

One shower a day in the morning unless she's been doing hard work or exercise is perfectly reasonable.  Probably billions of people on the planet do just that.  It may not be Johnny's preference for himself but he's got to come to terms with the fact that he's living with another human being and none of us is made of plastic.  We have gross bodily functions. What if she were to get sick and throw up or have diarrhea?  Would he be grossed out by her then too?  Or how is he going to feel about sleeping next to someone who BLEEDS from her vagina every month?  Is he going to make her sleep in another room?  What if she were too sick to shower?  Where does it end?  If only one shower a day is not enough and grosses him out, he has no business sleeping with any human being and might be more suited to sleeping with a blow up doll.  Sorry, JMHO.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 16

I still don't understand the selection process. Marriage forces you to go through life as two people coming to decisions and deciding whats best for each other and themselves. In what way is Mylra ready for that? Did she completely BS the people who interviewed her? The only motive I can think of why Mylra wants marriage is to find someone who worships her and is making a lot of money. I can't imagine children are anywhere on her radar. I feel sorry for them if she does have any.

I believe Gil is taking this for a fun ride and making the best of it. His decision day has already been made. He's not going to allow himself to become emotionally involved or attached to this woman. She will have to suddenly change and become a human being with empathy for people. That's never going to happen because she believes she is a special prize. Yet she has a horrible personality and frankly she's not all that good looking. 

I assume she requested her husband be a black man I don't think they would select a person of a different color unless specifically asked for. That could lead to a horrible scene at the alter. Even if they check race open they would probably narrow that down even further. If people are all the same then why specially choose someone of a particular race? If they're not all the same what is about any race that makes a person prefer that?

If I was playing the field and looking for a wife I would think compatibility, sincerity, honesty, faithfulness, physical appeal and personality would be far more important than race. My wife is Asian but that was never a plus or a minus.    

18 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I think there are reasonable requests and unreasonable requests and for me someone telling me I have to shower every evening before bed without fail is unreasonable.  I don't let anyone dictate my shower habits to me any more than I would try to dictate my husband's everyday shower habits.  This being a deal breaker for Johnny is more a reflection in his rigidity IMHO than it is any reflection on Bao's cleanliness or her willingness to acquiesce to a reasonable request. One shower a day in the morning is perfectly reasonable.  Probably billions of people on the planet do just that.  It may not be Johnny's preference for himself but he's got to come to terms with the fact that he's living with another human being and none of us is made of plastic.  We have gross bodily functions. What if she were to get sick and throw up or have diarrhea?  Would he be grossed out by her then too?  Or how is he going to feel about sleeping next to someone who BLEEDS from her vagina every month?  If only one shower a day is not enough and grosses him out, he has no business sleeping with any human being and might be more suited to sleeping with a blow up doll.  Sorry, JMHO.

I agree we all have gross bodily functions, but to me this issue is more about the extent to which one partner is prepared to make a relatively small compromise to accommodate the other. If someone only brushed their teeth in the morning but not at night after they'd been eating and drinking all day, it's not unreasonable for someone sleeping in the same bed to ask if they'd mind brushing their teeth before bedtime. Likewise, someone who's been at work all day and been to the gym might want to think about whether or not to take a shower. I know Bao did allude (when she brought this up initially a few episodes back) to this being related to depression (which I totally get) and if that's the case, then there's a root cause to be addressed that's bigger than whether or not to take a shower. 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Yeah, I didn't catch the whole discussion on Unfiltered, but it seems like Johnny is assuming that activity is a given. Congrats on being up for it, I guess, but that doesn't mean Bao necessarily likes it, or has the energy or interest to participate if she's too tired to even shower.

The Unfiltered show was two weeks ago.  I find them boring, at times, and think not many people are watching unfiltered, but there is some good information there.  I often wonder when they are taped. 

I would be shocked if Bao was up for Johnny, or anyone, going downtown.  If she giggles at kisses, how would she be able to let go and enjoy the moment?  I just don't see it happening.  I understood (without the Unfiltered information) why he wanted her to shower before bed, but I'm pretty sure she wasn't getting it.  At all.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, essexjan said:

I agree we all have gross bodily functions, but to me this issue is more about the extent to which one partner is prepared to make a relatively small compromise to accommodate the other. If someone only brushed their teeth in the morning but not at night after they'd been eating and drinking all day, it's not unreasonable for someone sleeping in the same bed to ask if they'd mind brushing their teeth before bedtime. Likewise, someone who's been at work all day and been to the gym might want to think about whether or not to take a shower. I know Bao did allude (when she brought this up initially a few episodes back) to this being related to depression (which I totally get) and if that's the case, then there's a root cause to be addressed that's bigger than whether or not to take a shower. 

To me it's not a "small compromise" because if she doesn't comply he's acting like it's a deal breaker for him.  That's not a small compromise.  That's an ultimatum.  It's his way or the highway.  He's not just asking her if she "wouldn't mind" making a "small change", nor his he willing to meet her in the middle.  And that's the difference between a compromise and an ultimatum.  This is not about her and her issues and it gets me angry that Bao acted like it was one of her weaknesses - it's about him and his total rigidity.  With him it's take showers when he wants her to or he won't find her attractive and he's out of there.  Plus he should have sympathy and empathy for her depressive issues, so his ultimatum is even worse in that context.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I've been looking at José's whiteboard again and I noticed those two little subtractions in the middle/bottom - It looks like he's factoring in more or less $3,000 a month for net income - now given that he's got several deductions going on I'd say the most he could possibly gross is about $60,000 per year, which isn't really that great.  And I doubt he is netting $3K per week either.  The mystery amount he subtracts from that is $1,600 - could that be his mortgage?  Because he then takes the $1,400 that's left and subtracts the $800 in expenses from it, then puts the $600 a month in savings.  Now even if you add up all those monthly expenses in the left top column, they only add up to roughly $600, so where does the $800 come in?  Plus he has zero factored in for misc. expenses, groceries, eating out, etc.  Like others have said the more you look at this the less it makes sense, LOL.

I wonder if the left side were the expenses for half the month. Maybe he is paid twice per month, and he tracks what comes out of each check? I still don’t understand why he couldn’t do that in Excel or something similar like most people, but the white board math definitely doesn’t make sense.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Aren't you a FedEx driver, or deliverer, or something?  I think it was you who's had issues with dogs while delivering packages.

If so, then you're doing basically an 8-hour workout, and for sure taking a shower after that would be a priority of mine.  I've never had a job where I ran around outside all day and got actually dirty.  When coming home after driving my car to an office and sitting around for 8 hours and driving my car home, I never felt like I needed to wash the day off me.

And if I were a FedEx driver, I might not think it's a big priority to shower before going to work, since I'm going to get all grimy anyway.  Same as if I know I'm going to be exercising in a couple of hours--I don't shower before that if I'm just hanging around until then.

Yes, but I'm not just talking about me. For me, it's a necessity. But, in general, we across a lot of people while we are out in the workforce. Every person is different. Not everyone needs to shower on a certain schedule. But, this is about Bao and Johnny. Two people who go out and work everyday. Two people who seem to work out regularly. In this case I understand where Johnny is coming from with the information he has. My preference is not a dig at anyone who doesn't do things my way. I'm also not trying to speak for my situation. Just myself and what I've seen on screen between these two.

Also, on a base level Johnny shouldn't have made it on the show. Someone this particular about his and other habits, along with, notoriously looking for a way out is nor good for this show.

It has to be hard working through living with a stranger. So, I have some sympathy on both sides. I'm just not personally judging Johnny in this one instance as far as not wanting to sleep with a person who has germs of the on the day on them. Or workout funk on them. Or not showering for days. It's a lot to take in all at once.

ETA  I've always showered at night. My whole life. I would shower a second time based on different circumstances.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 3

The only motive I can think of why Mylra wants marriage is to find someone who worships her and is making a lot of money.

I'm still not convinced she wanted a marriage; I think she wanted to be a bride and have a wedding, complete with pricey dress, pretty pictures and a photogenic honeymoon (though she doesn't seem to think she has gotten the last one).

I agree we all have gross bodily functions, but to me this issue is more about the extent to which one partner is prepared to make a relatively small compromise to accommodate the other.

They could both compromise - sometimes Bao could take the extra shower even though she doesn't really want to and sometimes Johnny could let the extra shower slide and just deal with it.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CSunshine76 said:

I wonder if the left side were the expenses for half the month. Maybe he is paid twice per month, and he tracks what comes out of each check? I still don’t understand why he couldn’t do that in Excel or something similar like most people, but the white board math definitely doesn’t make sense.

Humm maybe it’s not supposed to make sense. I have an idea somebody like Jose wouldn’t reveal too much about their finances. 

I’m thinking he put that up there for us to question and try to figure out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I'm still not convinced she wanted a marriage; I think she wanted to be a bride and have a wedding, complete with pricey dress, pretty pictures and a photogenic honeymoon (though she doesn't seem to think she has gotten the last one).

Pricey dress...with pockets! 😆

20 hours ago, LakeGal said:

The experts thought Gil and Myrla were going to be the perfect sexy couple. Those guests with Kevin that were suppose to guess the success of the couples also thought that.  I remember everyone kept talking about how hot and sexy Gil & Myrla were going to be. They all just knew that they were going to be too hot to keep their hands off each other.  Well they were all totally wrong.  Gil and Myrla are not even kissing.   

At this point, Gil is just going to complete the requirements of his contract. He probably gets along well with the producers, camera people and clearly the other couples.

He seems like a super nice guy so he isn't going storm off but he isn't going to chase her either.  He knows this is never going to work.

Drama doesn't appear to be his thing!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 10
On 9/1/2021 at 6:26 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m shocked, I mean SHOCKED, that Jose and Rachel have done the deed!

Yup. They played us. Mr. "Boxes checked" played us, unless Rachael just pointed out he already thinks she's perfect (therefore, has those boxes checked), so they might as well. Then the show played us with the previews, showing them talking about their concerns as if they hadn't done it already. Ugh. I'm guessing they got it in the last night of the honeymoon.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2021 at 4:22 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

Johnny was dead to me when he took his selfie video next to Bao while she was snoring. You may not agree with or understand her sensitivity around her snoring, but if you're married, you damn well better respect it. I would never feel safe around him if I were Bao.... that's a BIG betrayal.

That was crazy to see! I was like, NO! Johnny did not just RECORD her snoring & laugh!!! I'd love that to happen to him for something he's insecure about! Kinda reminded me of Brandon freaking out when he woke up to Taylor recording him snoring, but Taylor wasn't making fun. Bao wouldn't freak out, just take the mood wayyyy down & lay on the guilt reeeeally thick!! 😅😂

• Love 2

Not cool for Johnny to sleep at his place. That's so disrespectful. He could've slept in the other room. He only cares about himself. Good on Bao for not chasing his punk azz. I hope she takes some personal days as well.

• Love 2

I'm starting to suspect Gil thinks of himself as "Hot Firefighters Calendar" material, and that all his smiling critiques of Myrla are a smokescreen (I'll stop now) for his embarrassment at being totally rejected. (He was kidding on the square with his "Hype kisses me because you won't!")

• Love 3
On 9/2/2021 at 5:04 AM, mythoughtis said:

One of the things that disturbs me about Michaela is that she lied. She told Zach that she would not leave when they had an argument. He’s gone for a couple hours and while he is gone, she packs up and leaves.

THIS!!!!! The HYPOCRISY!!!! KILLED ME!!! She lied about SO MUCH!! She cursed at him & called him a liar. You see her laugh when he points out that she said she wouldn't leave?? Ya. She knows she lied. WHERE was her accountability???? Her behavior was RIDICULOUS!!  He should squint & pull away from her crazy azz whenever she talks about how she is cuz it's just LIES!! He was absolutely right to call that a red flag. It is!! The poor child never learned to wait to find out what happened to react. The man doesn't know her expectations after being in their apartment a few HOURS!!! TF?!! Yes. He was inconsiderate. The excuses were dumb. He didn't know it mattered so much. Get over it & decide appropriate behavior going forward. WHY must they complicate it to such an extreme??!!! All of that BS did NOTHING PRODUCTIVE. Sadly, they probably won't learn from it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I do not watch the show this season so have no actual reference but my guess is he tracks his monthly expenses and averages them. The 6 red figures average out to $813.

Gil is straight LYING!!! The dog gets bathed once a week AND the apartment WON'T smell like dog???? YEAH RIGHT!!! It gets bathed once a week & his apartment smells like dog!! GTFOH!!! 😂😂 He just hopes it'll happen gradually & she won't notice the smell.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, Elizzikra said:

I think Johnny needs to get over his germophobia about Bao showering at night.

I'm doubting his germophobia cuz he just laid on the bed in clothes he'd been wearing all day. 😂😂

• Love 2

Jose's whiteboard was fascinating. Did he create a purposely confusing visual to show the viewing audience how awesome he is with money while also concealing some of the specifics of his finances to protect his privacy? Maybe there is a spreadsheet that he'll share with Rachel if she gives up her dreams of Switzerland and develops a plan for affording a reliable vehicle. 

Hopefully the women chasing Gil after this remember that he's open to badmouthing them to people he barely knows. They should also be prepared for him to expect them to walk his dog. He may criticize their preferences repeatedly. He's only had two relationships that lasted more than six months. But, if the woman is lucky enough to get Gil to commit for a dozen months and they marry, he'll expect her to take his last name.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:20 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

It seems like Bao read a book on how to act and she comes across as robotic to me. 

On Unfiltered, Johnny insinuated that Bao is absolutely is playing a part for the cameras. Johnny is surely problematic. But, I wonder if like Karen and Miles they might do better once the camera's are gone. Or, perhaps the win for Johnny will be a lasting bromance with Jose.

On 9/2/2021 at 6:40 PM, mythoughtis said:

She grew up poor and her goal is to be rich and to let everyone know she is rich. 

A few episodes of Unfiltered ago, Myrla said that she was recruited after her friend Dion applied for MAFS. Perhaps she wasn't looking for a husband and also wasn't going to turn down a MAFS check. Even if the MAFS check is so modest that others wouldn't think it's worth it.

The number of people Myrla has invited to her apartment over the course of a typical (pre-pandemic) year is probably significantly less than the number of people who would see Myrla's purses and shoes while she's out and about. That may be why her home doesn't match what people would expect based on her assertions that she likes the finer things.  Also, Junior mentioned that she works a lot. Pre-pandemic that might have included traveling to a bunch of school sites or whatever. So, while she might like the wall of Myrla for inspiration, she may not need much else if most of what she's doing at home is sleeping.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:30 PM, Yeah No said:

People say it's because you get set in your ways by the time you're that age.  Well perhaps, but if they weren't so set in their ways when they were younger they would be paired up in LTRs by now.  So many of these people seem to be serial daters and have not had that many LTRs.

Exactly. Every season folks suggest that some guy from the cast will have women lining up to date him after he is free of his terrible MAFS wife. While the show gives visibility, he's probably more or less the same guy before, during, and after the show. Maybe the guy spent years before MAFS dismissing dozens of decent women who were lining up to date him. Or, after the show he'll spend years dismissing or having short flings with the women lining up then.

15 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

This statement made me realize I'm a "wrong reasons" watcher.  I'm not rooting for them to fail, but I often enjoy watching it when it happens. 

You're in good company. It can be interesting watching and trying to figure out why people fail, or fail to even try. 

Edited by Rae Spellman
spelling
  • Love 6

I like dogs but I haven't had one in years.  I think some people (like myself) don't realize that a dog can smell up a room but the person doesn't realize that because they're used to the smell.  I visit relatives and friends who have a dog(s) and as soon as I walk into the otherwise clean house or apartment, I can definitely smell doggy odor and it's not pleasant.  Of course, I suck it up because whatcha gonna do? 🙂

5 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Jose's whiteboard was fascinating. Did he create a purposely confusing visual to show the viewing audience how awesome he is with money while also concealing some of the specifics of his finances to protect his privacy? Maybe there is a spreadsheet that he'll share with Rachel if she gives up her dreams of Switzerland and develops a plan for affording a reliable vehicle. 

I think that's exactly what he did.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Humm maybe it’s not supposed to make sense. I have an idea somebody like Jose wouldn’t reveal too much about their finances. 

I’m thinking he put that up there for us to question and try to figure out!

I have seen Egyptian Hieroglyphics that were easier to figure out than Jose's whiteboard of finance. I appreciate all the posters that have given various interpretations of what the hell is going on with all of that.

58 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Not cool for Johnny to sleep at his place. That's so disrespectful. He could've slept in the other room. He only cares about himself. Good on Bao for not chasing his punk azz. I hope she takes some personal days as well.

I am not a suspicious person by nature but I wonder if Johnny is already talking to other girls. This would make sense given his past to bail very quickly considering he said something to the effect of he has been out on 100 dates ( I do not remember exactly what he said).

I sometimes feel like Johnny's dating is performative. He goes out on many dates and finds faults with women because he really does not want to be in a relationship. 

I remember he said that he is an amazing kisser and Bao thinks their relationship was going well during the Honeymoon because their kisses were so passionate when he truly felt like he was kissing his sister. It felt like he was just doing his "duty".

I found this strange because I could never passionately kiss anyone that I looked upon as a brother or reminded me of my brother.

• Love 4

Myrla's getting off too easy, but not. Pastor Cal was SO CLOSE! ASK HER WHY SHE HASN'T KISSED HIM??? WHAT SPECIFICALLY IS SHE WAITING FOR??? I respect it if it's coming from a respectable place. If she's waiting til he sponsors a shopping spree, then no. I'd also question why Gil wants to kiss & have sex with her to highlight it's purely superficial & empty.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

For myself I’ve always enjoyed those women that can rock vintage and resale clothing and other items!

Some can but some can’t and those that can really rock it!

Exactly!  That's just what I wanted to get across with Myrla and her obsession with "brands." 🤑  The older I get, the more "fun" I have with putting quirky clothing (vintage, resale, etal) together. 

I wish Myrla would check out the below coupla video series that I get such a kick out of watching.:

Street Fashion Interview in New York – SoHo Vol.5 I Spring 2021 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wghJDy-iXk8

AND

WHAT EVERY ONE IS WEARING IN NEW YORK | SUMMER TRENDS 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j91EnxR0Rqc

(Living in NYC, I suppose that even as an "aging baby boomer" 😜 I can get away more easily with fun 'n funky fashions without startling neighbors 😱 , but I'd love to get ahold of Myrla and take her down to Soho/Boho to shop!!!  There's fun to be had 'beyond the Brands!') 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

ASK HER WHY SHE HASN'T KISSED HIM??? WHAT SPECIFICALLY IS SHE WAITING FOR??? I respect it if it's coming from a respectable place.

Maybe Myrla noticed that Gil is super annoying. And, the banter is just something to do while she's fulfilling her MAFS contract. 

Gil doesn't like her either. For perfectly good reasons that could, but for whatever reason don't, prevent him from wanting to kiss her. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

They could both compromise - sometimes Bao could take the extra shower even though she doesn't really want to and sometimes Johnny could let the extra shower slide and just deal with it.

It's a relatively harmless function all living beings perform. Since I had Covid it don't even smell as bad...

• LOL 1

Johnny has nits that are picky;

Jose has boxes so ticky!

Whether showers or money,

It ain't even funny!

Pleasing these men will be tricky!

~~~~~~~

There once was a new groom named Ryan,

Who feared his bride Brett wasn't  tryin'!

Not for her, wedding dance!

As for hunting---no chance!

And don't even think about flyin'!

~~~~~~~

There once was a fireman named Gil,

Who brought both the "heat" and the "chill."

On shoes Myrla spent

Much more than his rent!

Gil won't stick around for the bill!

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Rachel would  like a vacation,

Not frugal Jose's dictation!

For white board and chart

Will not win her heart.

Compromise is their salvation!

~~~~~~~

Was Myrla on purpose misled?

She had two requests to be read:

"A man with some hair,

No dog in his lair."

Hence, lumberjack jammies to bed!

~~~~~~~

Michaela was wedded to Zack,

Then Covid went on the attack.

But when he returned,

The new bride felt spurned!

No answer from Zack? That was wack!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
On 9/1/2021 at 8:20 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Dude doesn’t even approve of using the dishwasher and is putting up her own whiteboard for a budget. 

But apparently he doesn't listen, because when he first showed her the whiteboard 'budget', he said something about how she has the same thing.  She was like, no, I said I have a calendar.

On 9/2/2021 at 8:24 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Wasn't Johnny the one with the Star Wars Light Sabers and that they both played with them does he equate that with child like behaviors?

Ooh, good point!!

On 9/1/2021 at 9:06 PM, kristen111 said:

Johnny has to chill.  Some people shower at night, some in the morning.  That’s Byo’s prerogative.

I wish they would explore this further.  If Johnny wants her clean because they may have some sexy times after they get in bed, then I can see his point on those occasions.  Or if he thinks she will smell, in which case she can do a quick 'bird bath', and he can see if in fact she really does smell after that.  Or is he worried that her dirtiness will come off in the sheets and make its way over to him?

On 9/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, Emma Snyder said:

LOL I think "stocks" was misspelled.

For some reason, many of today's young people intentionally call stocks "stonks"...https://www.dictionary.com/e/memes/stonks/

On 9/1/2021 at 11:49 PM, qtpye said:

I think Johnny was not attracted to Bao many years ago and that has not changed. He looks at her like a sister or cousin rather than a romantic partner.

Interestingly, there are a few clips they've shown of them kissing, and in one in particular, it looked like Johnny was actually feeling some passion from the look in his eyes, and after kissing for not very long, Bao started giggling.  That would be definite boner-kill!

• Love 1

On 9/1/2021 at 9:49 PM, Crashcourse said:

Michela is a ticking time bomb but in this particular instance, I can understand why she's upset with Zack.  I don't understand why he couldn't have just left her a text or a note when he took the dog out and was gone for two hours.  He should have known that she'd wonder where he was.  I don't like the fact that he doesn't think he did anything wrong.  

On 9/1/2021 at 9:59 PM, Straycat80 said:

Michaela has abandonment issues, I can understand, but she needs to control her temper. It probably wouldn’t kill Zack to leave her a note or text when he goes out. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:15 AM, Yeah No said:

I could have sworn she said she did but he didn't respond.  Still not an offense that warrants walking out in a huff over.

On 9/1/2021 at 11:10 PM, buttersister said:

Michaela needs some serious therapy. Not from Pepper, either. Zach, she did say she texted you. WTF? The moment she basically called him a liar was the death knell, sorry, Pastor Cal.

On Unfiltered, he clarified that he had told her he would be taking the dog to day care in the morning, but he didn't tell her what time.  He said she texted him at 7:45 and he told her he was taking the dog to day care.  So apparently she knew where he was before she left, but hadn't known where he was when she woke up and he wasn't there.

It is indeed concerning that Zack didn't, and apparently still doesn't, grasp that he did anything wrong.  But IMHO, that is because of the overshadowing of the fifty-times greater problem of how Michaela responded to what he did and also how she spoke to him when they were trying to discuss it.  If she had simply told him that she got worried when she woke up and didn't know where he was, and then asked him to please leave a note in the future when he goes out, I bet he would have apologized.  But instead she lost her f*ing mind, and responded like a lunatic.  You know the editors high-fived each other, when they realized they had tape of her specifically saying she would not just up and leave if she got upset, and even better, she called it abusive behavior. 

From what he said, and I don't remember if it was to Pastor Cal or on Unfiltered, she was trying to imply that she thought he had left, as in for good, which as he pointed out was beyond preposterous since all his stuff was still there!  I actually thought Pastor Cal did a good job of helping them each see from the other's eyes, but I wish they had discussed in-depth her reaction.  However, it isn't just her abandonment issue at play.  When Zack said he got back at 9:15, and she disputed it (which really was soooo beside the point, because it was probably only plus-or-minus 15 minutes, given where he went and when she left), she didn't just say "I was still here at 9:15 and you weren't back by then", but instead said something like, "You're a god-damn lying mother-fucker".  WTAF? 

Girlfriend needs therapy and many sessions of communications lessons.  I think that Zack is naive and thinks of marriage in terms of grandiose gestures and over-the-top harmony, but is ill-prepared for what can sometimes be a daily grind of trying, failing, getting pissed, but then trying some more.  If he can be patient through her outbursts, and if she is truly willing to tone it down, respond properly to her strong emotions, and appreciate his patience, they might actually be able to make it.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, essexjan said:

I felt sad for Bao. If this is truly who she is, then Johnny is not the man for her, and they both deserve to find someone who is a lid for their pot. But if the childishness is an affectation - even one that's become so ingrained she doesn't realise she's doing it - then there's an opportunity for Bao to maybe gain some insight and think about whether she does, in fact, want a man who is happy for her to act like a child, or whether this is a trait she might want to drop.

Maybe that's just the way she reacts when she is happy and it isn't a trait she wants to drop. 

I can't imagine drawing a negative from someone's giddy-ness.  

I hope he gets divorced and marries the nastiest shrew ever and thinks back on the time he shit on someone else's joy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
On 9/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, Booger666 said:

Am I the only one who found the most shocking thing about this episode is that OCD perfectionists Bao and Johnny brush their teeth the old school way?  Can’t believe they aren’t using ultrasonic brushes.  

While they were brushing their teeth, Johnny told her, "I also brush the roof of my mouth."

I think he was suggesting she do that too and was probably surprised when she said, "I do too."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

On Unfiltered, he clarified that he had told her he would be taking the dog to day care in the morning, but he didn't tell her what time.  He said she texted him at 7:45 and he told her he was taking the dog to day care.  So apparently she knew where he was before she left, but hadn't known where he was when she woke up and he wasn't there.

It is indeed concerning that Zack didn't, and apparently still doesn't, grasp that he did anything wrong.  But IMHO, that is because of the overshadowing of the fifty-times greater problem of how Michaela responded to what he did and also how she spoke to him when they were trying to discuss it.  If she had simply told him that she got worried when she woke up and didn't know where he was, and then asked him to please leave a note in the future when he goes out, I bet he would have apologized.  But instead she lost her f*ing mind, and responded like a lunatic.  You know the editors high-fived each other, when they realized they had tape of her specifically saying she would not just up and leave if she got upset, and even better, she called it abusive behavior. 

From what he said, and I don't remember if it was to Pastor Cal or on Unfiltered, she was trying to imply that she thought he had left, as in for good, which as he pointed out was beyond preposterous since all his stuff was still there!  I actually thought Pastor Cal did a good job of helping them each see from the other's eyes, but I wish they had discussed in-depth her reaction.  However, it isn't just her abandonment issue at play.  When Zack said he got back at 9:15, and she disputed it (which really was soooo beside the point, because it was probably only plus-or-minus 15 minutes, given where he went and when she left), she didn't just say "I was still here at 9:15 and you weren't back by then", but instead said something like, "You're a god-damn lying mother-fucker".  WTAF? 

Girlfriend needs therapy and many sessions of communications lessons.  I think that Zack is naive and thinks of marriage in terms of grandiose gestures and over-the-top harmony, but is ill-prepared for what can sometimes be a daily grind of trying, failing, getting pissed, but then trying some more.  If he can be patient through her outbursts, and if she is truly willing to tone it down, respond properly to her strong emotions, and appreciate his patience, they might actually be able to make it.

Yep, I agree with you here - if you noticed I later posted acknowledging Zach's version of the story after I watched Unfiltered.  I hate it that they put that on so late - After 2 hours of the show I don't watch Unfiltered until the next morning.

Did you catch the part where Zach tells Jamie O. that he told Michaela the night before that he was going to the doggy daycare?  He didn't give an exact time, but he said he told her.  He added that part in after telling Jamie he texted her in the a.m.  So if both are true he thought he had all the bases covered.  I have no reason to doubt him but if he's being honest then Michaela is lying or she just didn't listen to him, which is arguably not his fault.  Maybe he can be faulted for not grabbing her attention enough but even that's a stretch.  If he is being honest I don't know what he did wrong.  I just have a hard time believing Michaela because she sets off all kinds of crazy alarm bells in me.  She seems like someone with such abandonment issues that she will filter out anything that doesn't look like abandonment to her just to relive her negative past over and over again, even if it means not giving Zach the benefit of any doubt as to his recollection of the timing and instead making a beeline for "you're a GD lying MF-er".

• Love 5

UO: I enjoy watching Myrla and Gil's teasing and banter. They josh each other but don't get their feelings hurt. They just continue to see who can get the other one better. Granted, Gil gets more jabs in, but Myrla takes them in stride and most of time has a comeback.

Loved the:

"You kiss him!?"

"No, he kisses me.....You don't wanna kiss me!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 5