Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No future information from other shows or social media.  Confine the discussion to the episode and what was known as of the time that it was filmed.  As always, no personal politics. 

• Start Topic

I'm not even watching for content any more. Observations:

Leah looks like her Dad and her Brother looks like her Mom.  That said, Leah HAS to GO. 

I LOVE Sonja's haircut this season, it's perfect. The color, the movement of it, curled or straight I love it.

I am glad Eboni found her Dad and that it was a storyline. I like Eboni.

I also loved Luann's sweater tho the Super Mario joke upthread is a great one! 

• Love 12

Hey Leah, I’ve hung out at the Tunnel, Pyramid, Area, etc (no Limelight though) and I still managed to graduate from a fancy pants college. Specifically, Aviva’s alma mater (see, I can use Latin like that).

Who can say that? Literally the thousands and thousands of us who grew up in NYC in the 80s.

Edited by NYCFree
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, essexjan said:

So Leah paid for her tits herself? She should ask for her money back. She's ended up with a Uniboob (i.e. no proper separation of each breast). That's about as bad as the boob jobs where the woman has a bony chest and has two implants separated by six inches of breastbone.

w3jgrn6jmx571.jpg

It's like a Housewives-based boob job mathematical formula. If the distance between Potomac Wendy's boobs is x, and the relative height of NY Ramona's lift is y, then how many NY Leah Uniboobs can fit into a Beverly Hills Dorit cleavage?

I didn't realize The Tunnel was iconic; it looks like half my high school was cooler than I thought! Then again, Leah obviously is stuck at age 17, so maybe that tracks.

304C9831-E1E1-4B10-9EB7-D55F2E9614E9.thu

They're clearly talking about how much they adore Sonja . . .

Edited by Vanderboom
  • LOL 17
19 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I CANNOT imagine Leah having enough to fill up a notebook, much less a whole BOOK!  And she said it herself: Who would listen to ANYTHING this moron has to say??

Besides Eboni, of course.

But she went to the hallway in the limelight!!! 

Whatever the hell that means!   Very impressive!🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I don't even know what the Limelight is/was!  

Me neither, and I live here and worked in the City.      Ok, I just called my Son.  He said it was equivalent to Studio 54, but better.  A nite club that was popular for the famous who came to N.Y. City., or whoever frequented nightclubs.  Very famous.  Copa Cabana also.  Frank Sinatra and all the stars of the time.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Am I the only one who noticed Sonja going pantsless in her snow covered backyard and impaling herself on the fence spike?

Maybe that's how she got the covid... (sarcasm)

That seems to be Sonja's go to  move.  Sonja "forgets" her pants. 

Sorry its a long clip and I can't cut it. Sonja is Meridith lol. Sorry but its my favorite scene. 

https://youtu.be/NQ7NeNQaHbM

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Gee, Leah went to Limelight...."who does that" she said?  I mean she's only 40, even if she went the in high school, wasn't that WAY past the coolness quotient of Limelight? I used to hang at the one in Chicago in 1984, I was 20.  Leah was born in 82 believe I heard last light, I feel that Limelight wasn't a thing then or at least not the thing it was in the early 80's.  I could be very wrong though...

Oh That’s the Limelight she was talking about ?? Well WOW I AM IMPRESSED !😮😮

just kidding but I may have been there too lol. I’ll have to ask my friend who lived in Chicago at the time if we went there.

‘I know for sure we went to The Metro and The Smart Bar.  AND WIENERS CIRCLE!!!  

Bow down bitches!

🙄🙄🙄

Edited by JonnieUniteUs
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

I just texted my friend to ask her if we went there and she said “all the time what made you think of it?”

obviously I was very impressed lol

Just now, JonnieUniteUs said:

I just texted my friend to ask her if we went there and she said “all the time what made you think of it?”

obviously I was very impressed lol

She just said “in the late 80s there were a couple VIPs in the group so we didn’t have to wait in line, pay cover, and got into the VIP room. it rocked.”

hahaha!  I was actually impressed with Weiner’s circle though! 🌭🌭

• LOL 4

Ok sorry I should really read through the whole thread to get the total gist before posting but it seems maybe the NYC Limelight was the one Leah meant. Maybe it was quite the thrill and “worth giving up anything for!”

🙄

evidently she’s never been to Wiener’s Circle. 😎

• Love 2

So four minutes into the episode, and Leah already had me yelling at the screen. Didn't Leah explain to her family that during Shabbat, those observing are not to use their phones for 24 hours? So why was Leah face timing ON a friggin' cell phone, so that she could be a part of Eboni's Black Shabbat dinner? I can't see Leah being able to follow through successfully on her conversion - she is too much of a narcissist. 

I am beginning to wonder if Leah has Adult Opposition Defiance Disorder. She certainly seems to have had it as a child, and it seems that many of the characteristics fit her as an adult. I really hope she isn't back next year, but I doubt we will be that lucky. 

Ramona is such a great hostess. I loved the lounge wear she provided for the girls, even if it wasn't up to Eboni's standards. It was very sweet of her. And an episode without a lecture from Eboni - what a breath of fresh air that was.

I am glad Eboni found her father, and half siblings. I wonder if her mother has accepted it? 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, chlban said:

I have it on DVR. Maybe I'll watch it. Or not. I do wish they were having a reunion though.

I was about 4 eps behind then I just deleted because I couldn’t handle this season and from comments it wasn’t getting any better. I also hated the tacked on WWHL. If I wanted to record that I would on my own! 

Leah is a few years younger but I went to Limelight and all those places too. That was sort of the last gasp of so many of the places. It was also the last gasp of real nightlife (without camera phones, social media, digital cameras). I don’t want to write a nostalgia novel here but that’s what killed so much nightlife. The fun part was getting dressed up, not knowing who you were going to meet or where you’d end up. It was exciting to see an actor or It model of the moment dancing five feet away. Now? People would be recording her and posting it on IG without her consent.

It was a fun, magical time that can’t be compared to the prime of nightlife in the 70s and 80s. I think we were the last generation to experience it that way.
The problem is Leah even on her podcast and in old columns thinks she was the only one to have these moments and experiences. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Cozytea said:

I seriously thought she was being sarcastic  at first and expected her to laugh and acknowledge how stupid  that sounds lol. Then I realized nope, she was very proud that "accomplishment" . I have cringed many many many times when these HW say ridiculous things but that has to be on the top of list of ridiculous things HW say.

Lol, its just so stupid.

Yeah, she wants to marry a smart, wealthy Jewish millionaire.  In your dreams sweetie.  She can’t even order a dinner for a Jewish holiday.  Macaroni and pork ribs?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

That seems to be Sonja's go to  move.  Sonja "forgets" her pants. 

Sorry its a long clip and I can't cut it. Sonja is Meridith lol. Sorry but its my favorite scene. 

https://youtu.be/NQ7NeNQaHbM

I am absolutely snorting with laughter. I really need to rewatch all the seasons of this fantastic show

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Gee, Leah went to Limelight...."who does that" she said?  I mean she's only 40, even if she went the in high school, wasn't that WAY past the coolness quotient of Limelight? I used to hang at the one in Chicago in 1984, I was 20.  Leah was born in 82 believe I heard last light, I feel that Limelight wasn't a thing then or at least not the thing it was in the early 80's.  I could be very wrong though...

Thank you! You are absolutely correct, by the time she was hanging at those clubs they were a novelty (and not in the good way).  The owner of the Limelight had huge legal problems and the Club was closed.  Every now and then someone would try  to resuscitate it, but of course failed because the vibe was LONG gone.

And she asks “how many people got to do that?’ …. Oh, I don’t know, maybe a couple million! She is the absolute worst.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
45 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yeah, she wants to marry a smart, wealthy Jewish millionaire.  In your dreams sweetie.  She can’t even order a dinner for a Jewish holiday.  Macaroni and pork ribs?

That meal confused me, I saw spaghetti, ribs (could have been beef ribs), and some other things I could not make out, I did not see a milk and meat situation so maybe she has that basic dietary law in place.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yes but I have never heard her reasons why.

Me neither…she seems so superficial to me…no deep philosophical thoughts or intellectual curiosity. So I just don’t buy into this whole conversion thing. If she keeps Kosher and sticks to it, that might make me change my mind.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Marley said:

This episode actually wasn’t too bad. Why couldn’t it have been more like this for the season. 

I still say boot Leah tho.  

I thought it was boring…actually, I thought the whole season was a yawn fest. I think these Real Housewives franchises have run their course. And this particular one doesn’t even have one woman it that is married or is a housewife. Next week looks pathetic…naked wasted dancing. Ugh.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Mar said:

Sonja said that Ramona misses her because she hasn’t seen her for over a month. Pleeeeze, Everyone knows that none of you see each other except during the months when you are filming. This pretend new loving friendship is definitely not believable.

I remember the first episode of this season when Lu and Ramona were complaining they haven't seen Sonja in 6 mos. and they were pissed about it. She ghosts them as soon as the reunions are finished. No return texts, no return phone calls, nothing. So all this I love you BS is just that. BS. 

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

Leah ordered in and did not even have platters and bowls or casserole dishes to present it on such a special occasion? Really - aluminum pans on the table?

I was thinking the same thing...however, they all looked like this was normal for their family. I get the impression they eat a lot of take out straight from the tinfoil containers.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

20 hours ago, gingerella said:

This, exactly! I went to Limelight and Area back in the day. Early 80's they were the coolest place to hang late night in the city. At whatever age Leah went there, yeah, has been...whatev.

FWIW, my husband is 49 and still talks about going to the Limelight back in the 90s. So, it would check out that her high school years and his young adult years there would overlap. Then again, he laments how it shut down, so if business was booming why did it shut down? But apparently he thought it was pretty cool, too. Though, he’s never done drugs and managed to get an education and career. 

ETA: And what’s the deal with saying, “I could have gone to an Ivy League school” except for the fact that it sounded like she was a practical—if not actual—school drop out who spent all of her time partying instead of focusing on schoolwork or extracurriculars?! I assure you, you would not have gotten into an Ivy League school—unless your parents took the Lori Laughlin bribery route. There are tons of brilliant, hardworking kids who don’t make it into Ivy Leagues. I mean, by her definition, could any one of us gone to an Ivy League?! Sure. But that doesn’t mean Harvard and Yale would want us. Sorry, Princeton, this beat about to drop!

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, JenE4 said:

And what’s the deal with saying, “I could have gone to an Ivy League school” except for the fact that it sounded like she was a practical—if not actual—school drop out who spent all of her time partying instead of focusing on schoolwork or extracurriculars?!

I had a friend back in the day who lived a life of sex, drugs, partying, hooking up with bands appearing in town and traveling along as a groupie. Last I heard she was homeless and now living off the state.  I suppose she could also say she could have gone to an Ivy League school.  

I think the distinction between Leah and the other housewives who are actually enjoyable to watch is that the others are amusing in their delusions of grandeur while Leah just continues to make herself look and sound like an idiot.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, ichbin said:

I think the distinction between Leah and the other housewives who are actually enjoyable to watch is that the others are amusing in their delusions of grandeur while Leah just continues to make herself look and sound like an idiot.

One hundred percent this. And they live more luxe lives. Even Sonja. 

• Love 9

I can't stand this show now because of Eboni and Leah. Eboni seems like she's faking everything she's doing and putting up with the other women while feeling above them. I have tried my best to like her but I just dont find her a good fit.  And Leah's just a mess.  A total failure as a 'housewife'.  I wont miss the reunion if they dont have one.  And if either one of these women are on the show next season I sadly and honestly wont be watching it.  My favorite housewives show!   😔

• Love 13
1 hour ago, stcroix said:

Eboni seems like she's faking everything she's doing and putting up with the other women while feeling above them.

I've noticed that also.  She really doesn't try to hide it either when she makes it clear she is deigning to go along with their activities. Still, I think she has the capacity for having fun within this show and with the others.  She seems to acknowledge that this is an ensemble (albeit one where she considers herself a primary, rather than equal player) unlike Leah who does not appear to play well with others unless they only play her games and with her rules. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, ichbin said:

I've noticed that also.  She really doesn't try to hide it either when she makes it clear she is deigning to go along with their activities. Still, I think she has the capacity for having fun within this show and with the others.  She seems to acknowledge that this is an ensemble (albeit one where she considers herself a primary, rather than equal player) unlike Leah who does not appear to play well with others unless they only play her games and with her rules. 

I find it interesting that Eboni's mother has no clue who Eboni's father is...was she banging so many men at that time that she couldn't figure it out? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Did Eboni say that her mother doesn't know who the father is? Maybe her mother never wanted Eboni to know for some reason and just told her that she didn't want to get into this.  

Bingo! I thought so too, maybe Mother Eboni did not want to subject her to someone who may have been a bad person or did not want to let him know she was pregnant for a lot of reasons but Eboni needs a story line that is more than preaching about injustice.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, stcroix said:

I can't stand this show now because of Eboni and Leah. Eboni seems like she's faking everything she's doing and putting up with the other women while feeling above them.

How convenient for her to finally find her birth father and sisters during filming the season. 

• Love 14
On 8/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, Thumper said:

I don't even know what the Limelight is/was!  

It was a famous dance club in NYC, it's zenith was in the early 80s. And it was hundreds of people waiting in line, trying to get in. It was always insanely crowded. So crowing about going there when it was a has-been place is moronic because it wasn't hard to get in if you waited on line. And let me say this, I never waited on line because I had a good friend who worked for a record company and was always on the guest list. And even with that little perk I would never in a million years have listed that as one of my life's accomplishments. But Leah, yeah, she's converting to Judaism to find a husband. What a fetid piece of shite she is. And her sister too. No wonder her mother loathes her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, gingerella said:

But Leah, yeah, she's converting to Judaism to find a husband.

I hope she knows she is not handed a husband with her certificate when she "graduates," from her conversion.

Maybe next year she can have her Bat Mitzvah for her story line, it would guarantee a large party to be filmed for the show, fancy fashions, lavish gifts for the Bat Mitzvah girl, an open bar, dancing, and some of the single ladies can fight over which one of them gets to have Harry as their date.

Good luck to Leah finding a nice Jewish guy, it's something Jewish mothers have been doing for centuries for their daughters, it is not always easy, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Good luck to Leah finding a nice Jewish guy

I revel in the fact that she will always be a shiksa no matter how hard she tries!

20 hours ago, stcroix said:

I can't stand this show now because of Eboni and Leah. Eboni seems like she's faking everything she's doing and putting up with the other women while feeling above them. I have tried my best to like her but I just dont find her a good fit.  And Leah's just a mess.  A total failure as a 'housewife'. 

Maybe it's important, or it might be enlightening, to ask oneself why they feel this way about Eboni? And I say that to anyone complaining about her right now, the above post is just one of several saying something similar. To me, she IS above the other Ho's on this show. She - the lone regular black cast member (Bershan isn't a regular this season) presents herself as an accomplished, well educated, talented, gracious woman who actually displays manners and class. I find it strange that folks aren't as up in arms over the white regular cast members like, say, Ramona - who displays zero class nor manners, who literally shits on the carpet and floors of hotels where they stay and laughs it off as if it's normal to do that, who cannot give another person the space to speak their truths without cutting in and making it all about her 24/7, who treats 'the help' like her servants whom she barely if at all makes eye contact with, and who is deceptive and lies regularly about who she's sleeping with. Or Sonja - who displays zero class nor manners (she tries but her baser instincts always take over), who is an alcoholic, who pees in public and thinks it's okay, and a deluded pathological liar about literally any and everything. Or Lu, who is a recovering alcoholic who thinks she has a lock on 'class' but who is as tacky and crass and insufferable, and as self-obsessed and narcissistic as Ramona or Sonja are. But people are wanting Eboni to leave the show? Seriously? I think folks should ask themselves why they find her 'annoying', because from what I've seen, she is the only reason I'm watching right now. The rest of them are narcissistic shitheads that can fuck right off my TV forever. I wouldn't miss any of them.

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Did Eboni say that her mother doesn't know who the father is? Maybe her mother never wanted Eboni to know for some reason and just told her that she didn't want to get into this.  

This was very confusing to me.  Was her mom just hoeing around, or did something awful happen like maybe it was a rape?  In any case, a child was the product of it and if that child wanted to know who her bio dad is I kind of think it would be the mom’s obligation to tell her kid what she knows, even if it was painful.  Eboni had a right to know the truth and then make her own choices where to go from there.

Eboni’s mom s not a part of the show so we will probably never have any answers on this which is fine.  Unfortunately a lot of women end up knocked up by less than desirable people and if it was a consensual thing, well, that’s the risk you take.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

I revel in the fact that she will always be a shiksa no matter how hard she tries!

Maybe it's important, or it might be enlightening, to ask oneself why they feel this way about Eboni? And I say that to anyone complaining about her right now, the above post is just one of several saying something similar. To me, she IS above the other Ho's on this show. She - the lone regular black cast member (Bershan isn't a regular this season) presents herself as an accomplished, well educated, talented, gracious woman who actually displays manners and class. I find it strange that folks aren't as up in arms over the white regular cast members like, say, Ramona - who displays zero class nor manners, who literally shits on the carpet and floors of hotels where they stay and laughs it off as if it's normal to do that, who cannot give another person the space to speak their truths without cutting in and making it all about her 24/7, who treats 'the help' like her servants whom she barely if at all makes eye contact with, and who is deceptive and lies regularly about who she's sleeping with. Or Sonja - who displays zero class nor manners (she tries but her baser instincts always take over), who is an alcoholic, who pees in public and thinks it's okay, and a deluded pathological liar about literally any and everything. Or Lu, who is a recovering alcoholic who thinks she has a lock on 'class' but who is as tacky and crass and insufferable, and as self-obsessed and narcissistic as Ramona or Sonja are. But people are wanting Eboni to leave the show? Seriously? I think folks should ask themselves why they find her 'annoying', because from what I've seen, she is the only reason I'm watching right now. The rest of them are narcissistic shitheads that can fuck right off my TV forever. I wouldn't miss any of them.

Eboni's race has nothing to do with how I feel about her.  She seems like she's always got her nose in the air, a know it all, and pretentious.  I'm not comparing her to the other women.  I simply don't like HER.  Why bring race up when I never mentioned it at all?  For all I care, they can do away with this entire cast and start again.  The show has changed beyond repair-- and one of the reasons is Eboni. That's all.  

• Love 13

I haven’t watched any other shows in which someone tries to meet her birth parent, so Eboni’s plot is interesting to me.

Lu, move! Your driver was carrying all your bags and just needed you to move in one more foot, so he could put everything down and get out of the cold.

No one else thinks it might be fun to see Eboni and Lu imitating one another?

Ramona and Leah

Barshan and Sonja

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6

I've decided that Sonja doesn't wear underwear anymore because she has gained weight and can't afford new panties.  If she could get Depends to hire her, like they did Rinna, she could kill two birds with one stone - cash and some useful underwear for her bladder problems.  Actually, Depends should do a two-fer and hire Ramona, too, since she is also incapable of keeping her body functions in check.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Did Ebony REALLY leave her father a messsage saying that Ebony K Williams was calling?? Did she need to use the K??? What a pretentious hag. 

Maybe he has another person in his life that is Eboni S. Williams and she wanted to clarify who she is, lol.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, gingerella said:

Eboni has been trying to engage the women - who are all white privileged and living a 1%er lifestyle

As is she...

which for me is a head-scratcher because she IS better than the rest of the cast

Ehhh, that's one opinion. I disagree quite a bit. And we'll see in a year or two after the HW fame goes to her head...and see if her true self is any different than her S1 self. 

It's been years of fake bullshit with a group of entitled twats who are neither real nor housewives

That's EXACTLY what we tune in for. So technically, she's not really doing her job well. But maybe she could convince Andy to start her own franchise of some sort...maybe "Never Ending Dinner Lectures With Eboni" and see how that takes off. 

Edited by HotHW
  • Love 7
On 8/27/2021 at 1:39 PM, gingerella said:

ybe it's important, or it might be enlightening, to ask oneself why they feel this way about Eboni? And I say that to anyone complaining about her right now, the above post is just one of several saying something similar. To me, she IS above the other Ho's on this show. She - the lone regular black cast member (Bershan isn't a regular this season) presents herself as an accomplished, well educated, talented, gracious woman who actually displays manners and class. I find it strange that folks aren't as up in arms over the white regular cast members like, sa

Here’s my personal take:

Many on this forum have, for years, dragged Ramona, Sonja and Luann for their behavior, and will always do so.

Garcelle was the first black and non-white housewife on RHOBH, a year before Eboni joined RHONY. They are both historic and it is inexcusable that it took so many years for a person of color to be cast on either of these shows,

I respectfully disagree with you that Eboni is a gracious woman who displays manners and class. Garcelle displays manners and class and can still be shady.

There is a huge difference between the two. Is your end goal to enlighten people (e.g., isolated rich white women) or is it to associate your white coworkers with white supremacy and then lecture them on how awful they are?

Is the goal is to shut white people up and shut down meaningful dialogue or is it to share your experiences and connect and actually change hearts, minds and perspectives? These are two different ways to broach these topics and to create connections. Eboni didn’t try to make connections, IMHO she just lectured, lectured and insulted others and called them names. If you shut people up, then you have absolutely no idea how they actually feel and you often shut down your ability to help change their mind or perspective.

Eboni focused on what divides us and Garcelle on what unites us. When Garcelle shared her story on RHOBH and that the others didn’t have to talk to their kids about what to do and not do if you got pulled over by the cops…. That was an enlightening moment and you could see the reactions by her costars and the “oh wow” moment of realization and enlightenment.

It is unfair that the onus of changing hearts and minds falls on the minority - yet another challenge. 
Unfortunately, that seems to be the way change happens in the world.

In 1990, I got married to a “man” who decided his hobby was to beat me. People didn’t believe me, including my parents, and I was really lucky to get out alive (I have been married for 26 years to an amazing man, so I am blessed). This was long before the Internet and current understanding, options and support of the abused. It was unfair that the onus was on me to educate ignorant people and I had many struggles. What I learned was that people couldn’t relate to my experience- so I had to find commonalities so I could share my experience.

I had so much respect for Eboni, her eloquence, bravery and how she communicated prior to her joining RHONY and was so, so disappointed and surprised about how she did and didn’t interact with others.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Here’s my personal take:

Many on this forum have, for years, dragged Ramona, Sonja and Luann for their behavior, and will always do so.

Garcelle was the first black and non-white housewife on RHOBH, a year before Eboni joined RHONY. They are both historic and it is inexcusable that it took so many years for a person of color to be cast on either of these shows,

I respectfully disagree with you that Eboni is a gracious woman who displays manners and class. Garcelle displays manners and class and can still be shady.

There is a huge difference between the two. Is your end goal to enlighten people (e.g., isolated rich white women) or is it to associate your white coworkers with white supremacy and then lecture them on how awful they are?

Is the goal is to shut white people up and shut down meaningful dialogue or is it to share your experiences and connect and actually change hearts, minds and perspectives? These are two different ways to broach these topics and to create connections. Eboni didn’t try to make connections, IMHO she just lectured, lectured and insulted others and called them names. If you shut people up, then you have absolutely no idea how they actually feel and you often shut down your ability to help change their mind or perspective.

Eboni focused on what divides us and Garcelle on what unites us. When Garcelle shared her story on RHOBH and that the others didn’t have to talk to their kids about what to do and not do if you got pulled over by the cops…. That was an enlightening moment and you could see the reactions by her costars and the “oh wow” moment of realization and enlightenment.

It is unfair that the onus of changing hearts and minds falls on the minority - yet another challenge. 
Unfortunately, that seems to be the way change happens in the world.

In 1990, I got married to a “man” who decided his hobby was to beat me. People didn’t believe me, including my parents, and I was really lucky to get out alive (I have been married for 26 years to an amazing man, so I am blessed). This was long before the Internet and current understanding, options and support of the abused. It was unfair that the onus was on me to educate ignorant people and I had many struggles. What I learned was that people couldn’t relate to my experience- so I had to find commonalities so I could share my experience.

I had so much respect for Eboni, her eloquence, bravery and how she communicated prior to her joining RHONY and was so, so disappointed and surprised about how she did and didn’t interact with others.

Such a wonderful post. 
I especially agree with the bolded.

I am so, so sorry you went through that. How terrible that not even your parents believed you.

• Like 1
  • Love 6