Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: From Tutor to Suitor

• Start Topic

From Tutor to Suitor already?  They must be desperate if they're bringing in the fake french boyfriend this early in the season.  Or maybe they're starting so early so she can receive her proposal for the finale? 😂🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Or to give him plenty of time to knock up somebody who isn't Whitney.

they will keep the guy fuzzed out. So when he throws up the can slip anybody in there so we won't know if the same guy made it through the season.It's all whit shit anyway.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is the French teacher from the US and living in France OR is he supposed to be French?  He doesn’t sound French to me, but I’m no expert.  

Me either. He sounds like someone whose first language isn't French. 

• Love 9

Ugh, I see that this is as big a shitshow as ever.  I’m still astonished that this woman’s life is considered interesting enough to build a TV show around, but I’m the one not only watching it, but writing about it, so who am I to talk?

I remain unconvinced that any of these people are actually friends.  They don’t act like people who keep up with each other’s lives at all.  Whitney’s friend (I don’t care enough to learn names) really didn’t know that she had been spending her time largely alone at home during the height of the pandemic?  Every time they all get together, it seems like they’re old college friends who haven’t seen each other in 15 years, some of whom kind of don’t like each other.  Still the same manufactured “plots” and “suspense” that are actually more of a turn-off than an enticement (i.e. the blurring of this French dude who doesn’t sound very French to me).

It’s hard to believe that Whitney is 37-years-old.  She acts like she’s about 15.  She interacts with her parents and friends/castmates in a very childish way.  Everything is all about drama and attention-seeking behavior that would be a tremendous turn-off for a lot of people her age.  The situation-that’s-not-a-situation with Buddy is absolutely ridiculous.  Tell him to pick up his stuff and that’s that.  He either lives there or not, period.  I don’t think Buddy is that great a guy to merit all of this drama, but can she really blame him for distancing himself from her?  She busts his balls at every opportunity.  I would avoid her, too.

Side note: Last week, Chase looked like someone in the Witness Protection Program.  I died when he came out with that horrible mustache.  I have created Halloween costumes that looked more convincing.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 8
  • Love 13

It sounds lame that she is begging Buddy to stay more at the house, but it really is lonely in a house by yourself.  I didn’t like it.  Covid would make it worse.  I don’t think everyone is cut out to live alone.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It sounds lame that she is begging Buddy to stay more at the house, but it really is lonely in a house by yourself.  I didn’t like it.  Covid would make it worse.  I don’t think everyone is cut out to live alone.  

Maybe if Whitney got a real J-O-B, she wouldn't be alone and thus lonely all day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
11 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

Maybe if Whitney got a real J-O-B, she wouldn't be alone and thus lonely all day.

Yeah, but a lot of jobs are remote now, so you don’t get to see a lot of people.  I think it does make a difference if you’re around a lot of people at work, but a lot of offices don’t offer that anymore.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

Aw Mt Whitney has a new fake boyfriend. Does he get paid if his face is blurred out?  I’m surprised some Nigerian scammer hasn’t latched on to her by now.   She’d be such an easy mark  

In true lazy ass Twit style, she couldn’t be bothered to heave her fat ass off the bed when Babs and Glen came in.  She must really miss Buddy and the bedside food delivery service he used to provide.

She’s resurrected her “dance” career.  Todd dances, Twit flaps her arms around and moves as little as possible. With all that dancing and training, I predict an injury by episode 5.   

Spoiler alert:  She looks like she put on more than a few Covid pounds.

• Love 10

Yep, she's been pounding it out on that Covid diet.....  And she's sooo lazy that she is unable to answer her OWN e-mail anymore??

Plus, she must REALLY miss the Buddy Door Dash service! What an ass.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

And she's sooo lazy that she is unable to answer her OWN e-mail anymore??

Ever since that early trip to the beach, I've suspected that Ashley (along with Donna, briefly) is Whitney's personal CNA/physical assistant, applying chub rub, aiding with bathing and leg-shaving now that Babs can't do it, etc.  Guess they made it official this season!  At her weight, she no doubt needs help with hygiene.  An adult should be able to spend time alone without freaking out; she is pathologically needy and dependent.  Also emotionally arrested.  And annoying.  But her hair is looking great this season!

Edited by all4mom2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

If Whitney struggles so much with living alone she can always move back home with her parents.  Buddy shouldn't  be forecd to be her emotional support human.

Heck it would give Hunter a chance to go back to NYC to his regular life.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

I don’t understand why Whitney was acting like she and Buddy moved back to Charlotte to start a life together as a couple or live happily ever after forever.  Yet again, we have Whitney IMO crossing Buddy’s boundaries by asking for “snuggles/cuddling” when she knows he’s in a relationship, then she is not happy with the hug it seems he felt obligated to give. 

I love Whitney exclaiming how Todd doesn’t want to do work, but just wants to show up for the fun part of the videos.  Yeah, ain’t no fun when the rabbit got the gun, is it Big Whit?

• LOL 5
  • Love 9

Babs & Glenn don't need babysitting.
If Whit's lonely, she could live there, but I'm not sure they'd want her.
Masks make some of the dialog hard to understand.
I'm about 10 minutes in, and probably will bail soon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So much fuck and awe in a single hour.  

As much as I hate to say it, I can empathize with Whitney being upset about Buddy never coming over.  They were friends and the fact he "forgot" about putting the bookcase together for her last episode then showed up apparently quite late at the BBQ knowing she and other people were awaiting his arrival would be hurtful.  One of my pet peeves my entire life has been people who don't communicate.  It's so disrespectful and inconsiderate to everyone else involved.  

What I don't get is she's known Buddy for years and, as far as we've been shown, this is his pattern.  He's like a teenage girl who's thick with her click, finds herself a boyfriend, and is never heard from again....until she breaks up with the dude and comes crawling back wanting support and sympathy.  That appears to be Buddy's pattern.  

What I also don't get is if Buddy is attached to this new girlfriend by the hip, why doesn't he take her with him to Whitney's for bookcase building and burger grilling?  He brought that last one with him to the COVID cabin gathering.  

On the other hand, this is Whitney we're talking about.  The same Whitney who pulled a no-show at Buddy's comedy show a season or two ago and chose instead to snuggle up with Chase at the bed and breakfast family yurt and didn't even have the courtesy to give Buddy a head's up, so I guess turnabout is fair play.  

On a side note, I also wonder what's fundamentally wrong with that chick for hitching her wagon to buddy.  I'm assuming that will reveal itself as the season progresses.  

Whitney, you asshole, it sounds like Faux Frenchie is trying to teach you conversational French.  You're the one who keeps redirecting the conversations to something more personal hoping he's lusting for you.  It sounded like he was being polite rather than interested in any romantic involvement.  

Here at Casa Persnickety, we've decided it's production just shoving assorted crew members in front of the camera to portray the role of Faux Frenchie.  They could plop anybody into that video call and it wouldn't matter because that person is going to be blurred out anyway.  

Looks like Babs held on to some of her college French.  Considering she probably hasn't actively spoken the language in decades, her French skills are still better than those of her daughter, who has allegedly been learning French for "months" now.  

And, lastly, why the fuck did Whitney keep digging in Ashley's daughter's hair?  I thought her obsession with that sweet child's hair was bordering on creepy.  

And kudos to Ashley for finally being monetarily compensated for wiping Whitney's ass being Whitney's assistant.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 15

I'm about tired of Ashley already. Her kid is cute, though. I'm also about tired of Ash, Heather and Babs saying how gorgeous this mystery frenchie is. If they're not gonna show his face then shut up. 

Why did nobody have a key to the studio? So they decide to dance in the parking lot. 

Buddy has finally seen the light. I think he is really over her bullshit. When he said "Since when is it a crime to have a life" I was cheering him on. He also said he was the perfect roommate now. Pays rent, is never there. Just what exactly in the fuck is her problem? 

No talking Tal this season? He sure had many, many opinions last season.  I wonder if they had a falling out.

Glad the precious dog is still in the picture. 

Highlight of the episode: Whit begging for cuddles and Buddy saying No! Hahahahaha!! He finally gives in but what a weak cuddle it was. He looked like he was ready to vomit by having to touch her. Man, has he changed!  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm about tired of Ashley already. Her kid is cute, though. I'm also about tired of Ash, Heather and Babs saying how gorgeous this mystery frenchie is. If they're not gonna show his face then shut up. 

Why did nobody have a key to the studio? So they decide to dance in the parking lot. 

Buddy has finally seen the light. I think he is really over her bullshit. When he said "Since when is it a crime to have a life" I was cheering him on. He also said he was the perfect roommate now. Pays rent, is never there. Just what exactly in the fuck is her problem? 

No talking Tal this season? He sure had many, many opinions last season.  I wonder if they had a falling out.

Glad the precious dog is still in the picture. 

Highlight of the episode: Whit begging for cuddles and Buddy saying No! Hahahahaha!! He finally gives in but what a weak cuddle it was. He looked like he was ready to vomit by having to touch her. Man, has he changed!  

I agree, with the caveat that he needs to stop agreeing to go to her house to help out with shit and to bring the main course to a BBQ and then blow said shit off.

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he'd just say no...or even sorry, I just don't have time.  

He needs to fully nut up instead of making half-hearted appearances just to keep that TLC money coming in.  

Mini Persnickety and I were discussing the possibility that Faux Frenchie agreed to sign onto this shit show as Whitney's French teacher, then when he saw the road TLC was taking as presenting him as a romantic interest, he bounced and refused to let them use any of his images.  We were wondering if maybe he had a real-life girlfriend (or even wife) and didn't want any TLC-created poppycock in the story line.

But who are we kidding?  Whilst I like to think some reality show personalities have some dignity and self-respect, I'm usually proven wrong.  

And BTW, Whitney, you jackass....That was a FRENCH POODLE AND THE EIFEL TOWER ON THAT BLANKET, NOT A MOUSE.  

As she declares it a mouse sitting there with her Standard Poodle in front of her.  

What a buffoon.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Nobody has changed. The script has changed,No more sucking up to big whit.Hopefully everyone can tell her to fuck off,with her shitty attitude no more sucking up.they won't show the guy because crazy whit fans will plague the poor bastard.Of course this is only guess.One can only hope they cancel her sorry ass.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

What I also don't get is if Buddy is attached to this new girlfriend by the hip, why doesn't he take her with him to Whitney's for bookcase building and burger grilling?  He brought that last one with him to the COVID cabin gathering. 

And we all saw how THAT turned out!  Buddy has finally learned to keep his girlfriends away from toxic Whitney -- or at least his real girlfriends or the ones he cares about.

Whitney isn't mad that she doesn't see Buddy enough; she's mad because he has yet another girlfriend when he's supposed to be marrying HER per the pizza box.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Here at Casa Persnickety, we've decided it's production just shoving assorted crew members in front of the camera to portray the role of Faux Frenchie.  They could plop anybody into that video call and it wouldn't matter because that person is going to be blurred out anyway.  

This is what I think too.

• Love 6

Did anyone else see that cringe dance at the vaccine place? Can you imagine being in line behind her and having to wait for this foolishness? This was back in spring when people would line up for hours for the chance to get the shot. Plus the ridiculousness of her wearing a hoodie when she wears sleeveless shirts or sports bras virtually everywhere else. It's like she's trying to be as inconsiderate and attention seeking as possible. It's not funny or cute, you're a 37 year old women, get it together.

Although Glen also has a long sleeve button down on. Did nobody take a second to think about how shots work? They even sent me a notice when I got my confirmation email. I've had several dermatologist issues and I always wear something easy to take off or move without having to sit in my underwear. A tank top plus cardigan is easy even when it's cold.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

And we all saw how THAT turned out!  Buddy has finally learned to keep his girlfriends away from toxic Whitney -- or at least his real girlfriends or the ones he cares about.

Whitney isn't mad that she doesn't see Buddy enough; she's mad because he has yet another girlfriend when he's supposed to be marrying HER per the pizza box.

And serve her salads in bed.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I agree, with the caveat that he needs to stop agreeing to go to her house to help out with shit and to bring the main course to a BBQ and then blow said shit off.

I think he is angry with her continuously trying to create situations to trap him into a romantic relationship. and the only way he has some control is to be passive aggressive. Easier to agree to do something and then either forget, or be half-assed about it. He wins, she loses.

I agree that when he has brought girlfriends to meet Whitney she has tried to ruin the relationship - all the way back to Heather.  I think that she has had  designs on him from the very beginning. Who can forget the time she and Buddy took the cat to the park in the stroller? She mentioned way back then something about taking their"child" for an outing or some such thing. The relationships with other guys, whether real or fake were probably to make Buddy jealous in her pre-adolescent mind.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Did anyone else see that cringe dance at the vaccine place? Can you imagine being in line behind her and having to wait for this foolishness? This was back in spring when people would line up for hours for the chance to get the shot. Plus the ridiculousness of her wearing a hoodie when she wears sleeveless shirts or sports bras virtually everywhere else. It's like she's trying to be as inconsiderate and attention seeking as possible. It's not funny or cute, you're a 37 year old women, get it together.

Although Glen also has a long sleeve button down on. Did nobody take a second to think about how shots work? They even sent me a notice when I got my confirmation email. I've had several dermatologist issues and I always wear something easy to take off or move without having to sit in my underwear. A tank top plus cardigan is easy even when it's cold.

I said the same thing, the ONE time it would be appropriate for her to wear her beloved sports bra but nope, she puts on a long-sleeved hoodie knowing she was going to get poked.  

Again, what a buffoon.  

And that dance?  Beyond the pale.  I'm sure the EMTs giving the vaccinations were thrilled with her wasting their time with the throngs of other people waiting for their vaccine.  

• Love 12

I lived in France, briefly.   Immersion was part of the deal. There are many different accents and customs, depending on what region one is from.  Much like the US, hearing a native Speaker from the tri-state area with an “Atlantic” American accent and a native speaker from Louisiana with a “Cajun” accent sounds quite different~but they are both speaking American English.

Whitney’s French is appalling.  Cat or Cats, in French is pronounced Shat.  Not ShatS.  Singular and Plural are one of the very first things you learn because it’s totally different than English.  

That being said, the whole “tutor” from an online language course as a potential love interest is obviously a mere plot written into the show for the fans & haters to go on about.  It’s weak, there are Whitney-sized holes in it already, but my expectations from the writers of this drivel weren’t especially high to begin with.  She’s had a love-interest story line since this shit show started; if not Chase or Avi or Lenny or the guy at the radio station she worked at, there’s always Buddy.  Yawn.

• Love 17
33 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

This was what I was going to post but was having phone difficulties.  The last time he brought his previous girlfriend around wasn’t he saying that his girlfriend was getting irritated because Whitney wanted Buddy to wait on her and bring her food in bed?  I personally thing she would try and sabotage any romantic relationships that’s why Buddy should just move out.  Of course I’m sure Buddy uses Whitney’s house as a safety net, but he needs to realize that it comes with a price.  You’re right, I think Whitney wants Buddy to pine away for the pizza box as much as she does.  

• Love 10

This whole show is just Whitney having conversations with people.  Literally nothing happens.   

If that's her french teacher then he's doing a bad job because the tiny bit of french she attempted to speak sucked.  You can tell she has no idea what she's saying, there's probably someone next to the camera holding up a phonetically spelled cue card for her to read. 

So she knows she's getting a shot in her arm and thinks a pull over sweatshirt that she can't possibly roll up over her upper arm is a good idea to wear.  "Hey that way I can take it half off so everyone has to see my bra"  Idiot.

Ashley's daughter is really cute, I'd rather watch her for an hour than Twit. 

The dancing in the parking lot was stupid.  Why would either one of them have a key? Is it their studio?  "Oh well we both forgot our key, hey let's dance and then sit in the parking lot, totally natural".   I did like Todd's talking head, I hope we see him all season.   Tal and his ass kissing last season was gross.

The Buddy scene has been done how many times now.  Every season we get Twit and Buddy on a bench babbling about something.  This time Buddy does seem more finished than usual.  Maybe the paycheck just isn't worth it anymore.  I liked his zing about how his new girlfriend has a good body.  You could tell by his body language that he had zero desire to hug her or "cuddle" as she wanted, he's done.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'd have a lot more respect for him if he'd just say no...or even sorry, I just don't have time.  

He needs to fully nut up instead of making half-hearted appearances just to keep that TLC money coming in.  

Mini Persnickety and I were discussing the possibility that Faux Frenchie agreed to sign onto this shit show as Whitney's French teacher, then when he saw the road TLC was taking as presenting him as a romantic interest, he bounced and refused to let them use any of his images.  We were wondering if maybe he had a real-life girlfriend (or even wife) and didn't want any TLC-created poppycock in the story line.

But who are we kidding?  Whilst I like to think some reality show personalities have some dignity and self-respect, I'm usually proven wrong.  

And BTW, Whitney, you jackass....That was a FRENCH POODLE AND THE EIFEL TOWER ON THAT BLANKET, NOT A MOUSE.  

As she declares it a mouse sitting there with her Standard Poodle in front of her.  

What a buffoon.  

I almost died when she said it was a mouse!!! The Francophile that she is with her poodle right in front of her and she calls it a mouse! 😂 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I was transfixed for a few seconds by Ashley's orange scalp, but other than that, she can go away. And yeah, Whit is soooo busy that she needs a hired PA to contact the fat travel agent? Gee, SIX WHOLE PEOPLE will (maybe) be on this activity. Also, Whit touched Ashley's kid 100X more than she ever touches that poor dog.

If we're seeing Whit trying egg-harvesting in the preview, that would fairly definitively rule out a happy ending for the tutor story, no? Unless Frenchie's going to reveal his sterility at some point and she decides to marry him anyway? Also, if you were really crushing on someone and were going to see him online, wouldn't you try to make yourself pretty? Not wear a skin-colored sack and giant glasses, with your hair knotted up and nothing on your face except a smear of too-bright lipstick. And WHY would you want him to see your old mother right away, although really, Babs looks a zillion times better old than her daughter does at 37.

I could have done without that close-up of Whit's giant, lumpy, lint-covered ass during her 'dance' session. Although I did get some entertainment out of seeing her grunting effort to stand up afterward. So she couldn't find any takers when she tried to market her and Todd's 'dance classes', and he airily claims he doesn't know anything about the money end of things?

Why does that seemingly attractive woman want to be with bloated, grizzled Buddy? Does he have an actual job outside of 'reality show sycophant'? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, alabetser said:

Did anyone else see that cringe dance at the vaccine place? Can you imagine being in line behind her and having to wait for this foolishness? This was back in spring when people would line up for hours for the chance to get the shot.

Yes!  My county had appointments but you were still lined up and waiting.  So thoughtless.
Glad Todd is back, missed his snark last season.

• Love 7

I’m actually willing to believe Buddy being late to the BBQ was a plot point so Whitney didn’t come across as complete trash went she went on a tirade about being reliable.  I have no doubt he avoids her but I think would be less likely since he had a gang of people around to possibly dilute some of her cries for cuddling and was bringing the meat, which again, Whitney as host should have done.  I’m hoping and assuming he’s still sober, so I think this may have been a storyline, which is why nobody went and got a couple of packs of hotdogs or texted/call to inquire where he was.

I am surprised at Tal’s limited role thus far.  Weren’t  they just going to “adopt” a child a season or two ago? Does he have a new job or bf keeping him busy thus is relegated to cupcake holder or do they all take turns being Whitney’s hand holder and this season it’s Ashley’s turn?

In the off chance the tutor thing were real (which I personally don’t believe), doesn’t this mean she basically just paid this guy for months to chit-chat and flirt because Whitney’s French is shit.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I was out as soon as I heard "fat girl retreat on St Simons Island." We own a vacation house there and spend most of our summers on SSI. I don't want it tainted. 

If she's there it's tainted big time.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This was what I was going to post but was having phone difficulties.  The last time he brought his previous girlfriend around wasn’t he saying that his girlfriend was getting irritated because Whitney wanted Buddy to wait on her and bring her food in bed?  I personally thing she would try and sabotage any romantic relationships that’s why Buddy should just move out.  Of course I’m sure Buddy uses Whitney’s house as a safety net, but he needs to realize that it comes with a price.  You’re right, I think Whitney wants Buddy to pine away for the pizza box as much as she does.  

Nope. If she sabotages all of Buddy’s relationships up until the time they turn 40, then neither of them is married and he HAS to marry her per the pizza box contract. All part of her grand scheme.  (By the way,  she stole that idea off of Bethenny Frankel, who made the same deal with her hair stylist.  Of course then BF got pregnant,  so...)

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

So…let me get this straight. Twit has been taking French lessons long enough that she has fallen for her tutor. Yet she’s not proficient enough in the language to say “I am Whitney” in French? I think TLC thinks all her viewers are as idiotic as her Instagram fan club dorks. If it wasn’t so tragically sad - it’d be funny.

And count me in with the Liz Lemon eye roll about the fat girl retreat. The HAES movement has been hijacked by super morbidly obese women. What was once a platform for people to embrace not being the beauty size norm has now turned into a justification for people to get so large that their life spans are significantly impacted. I’m sorry but 300+lbs is NOT healthy. That weight will catch up to you and kill you eventually. Maybe not when you’re young but most certainly as you get older. I’m all for body acceptance. But there’s a point where it gets ludicrous. And people like Whitney and Tess Holliday are terrible role models for a lot of impressionable young women. We don’t see anorexics touting deathly skinny as acceptable. So why is it okay when the people are unhealthily obese? Both extremes are bad. 

• Love 22

That French tutor storyline is sooo fake. She can't even say je m'appelle Whitney? That's like day 1 beginner French. Her mom knows more than her. The tutor is also clearly American. I don't know why I half watch this dumbass show. It's so boring & insulting that anyone would believe anything that happens on this show. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Nope. If she sabotages all of Buddy’s relationships up until the time they turn 40, then neither of them is married and he HAS to marry her per the pizza box contract. All part of her grand scheme.  (By the way,  she stole that idea off of Bethenny Frankel, who made the same deal with her hair stylist.  Of course then BF got pregnant,  so...)

I made that same deal in 1986 on a Happy Meal box. He was Joseph and I was Mary in our kindergarten Christmas play. I made another one in middle school on my Trapper Keeper and to my best guy friend in college on a condom wrapper (unopened). I stole the idea from Designing Women.

I was covering all my bases. 

My mom made a deal with her best girl friend in their Appalachian boarding school in 1962. Actually, she thinks they may be (illegally) married. She doesn't remember a lot of that night. Alcohol was involved. They were ahead of their time. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

nd count me in with the Liz Lemon eye roll about the fat girl retreat. The HAES movement has been hijacked by super morbidly obese women. What was once a platform for people to embrace not being the beauty size norm has now turned into a justification for people to get so large that their life spans are significantly impacted. I’m sorry but 300+lbs is NOT healthy. That weight will catch up to you and kill you eventually. Maybe not when you’re young but most certainly as you get older. I’m all for body acceptance. But there’s a point where it gets ludicrous. And people like Whitney and Tess Holliday are terrible role models for a lot of impressionable young women. We don’t see anorexics touting deathly skinny as acceptable. So why is it okay when the people are unhealthily obese? Both extremes are bad. 

👍X 1000 for this. At Whitney's BMI, she is statistically going to die 14 years earlier than she would at a normal weight.

• Love 4

Honestly, who in their right mind would drive 1.5 hours each way for a crappy backyard grilling event (not even BBQ) for store bought burgers and probably some Bar S hotdogs which are made with 99% not real beef, no adult beverages and a bunch of barnacles around a fire pit... hell no.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

So we all know that Whitney's gotta Whitney, but the rest of them should have some sense.  Let's say she's really taking French lessons -  I'm assuming the tutor's getting paid, which means they cost money, and if she chooses on her dime to spend more time "flirting" in English than learning her French, what does he care?  And if he acts flirty back, does that mean he's hoping she'll move to France and marry him?  Maybe he's just a friendly guy who wants to keep her coming back - it's an easy enough few bucks for his efforts.  Real friends should not be encouraging her that he's obviously super into her.  He's about as much "in the bag" as Roy was 😄. (I thought of Roy when she said something about knowing Frenchie is into her and she wonders if he'll try to "deny it" - we saw how well denying it worked for poor Roy! 😂 )

Furthermore, if Frenchie did invite her to move to France and be his love, Buddy'd be knocked flat on his face in the driveway with her tire tracks across his back, so spare me the angst that Buddy dares have a girlfriend.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
23 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Me either. He sounds like someone whose first language isn't French. 

I was thinking maybe he's North African - maybe Algerian, Tunisian, or Moroccan - and Arabic is his first language, and he's probably fluent in that, French, and English.

Dude said Sweatney's name differently each time when she asked him to say it with a 'Fronch aksont.' He said "whit-NAY" first, and then when Babs was there it was "whit-NEE." I'm not invested in this blob of a fake love interest enough to go back in for another listen, but it did sound different the second time.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Color me confused. Whit-nee is mad that Buddy isn't around and for his own good, she is kicking him out? And Buddy, a recovering addict who is overweight and with an undefined career is jumping in relationships with attractive looking women constantly. If he were witty or smart or charming, maybe...  but he is unreliable, testy and not loyal.  And if Whitney says "salty" one more time... Why do I watch these people? Not a redeemable character in the whole bunch. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

When Ashley and Whitney were talking to the lady about the big girl retreat, did they mention if there would be any swimming or hot tub activities?  Just wondering if a “you’re ok with having someone urinate or strip in your immediate vicinity” waiver needs to be signed by the attendees.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1