Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Love at First Night

• Start Topic

Love is in the air during the crew's first night out as Courtney celebrates Mzi’s birthday and David becomes smitten with Malia. The second charter kicks off and a familiar charter guest returns. Chef Mat aims to continue his positive momentum.

Bravo Airdate: 07.19.2021

Sure, "love" is in the air...

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

I was actually going to post how Matt redeemed himself, made decent upscale food and overcame his anxiety. After seeing the preview to E5, I still hear that haunting refrain "HELLO LOVELIES"  emanating from the gangway 😁 

We shall see if it's producer shenanigans or the real thing.

• LOL 6
23 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I was actually going to post how Matt redeemed himself, made decent upscale food and overcame his anxiety. After seeing the preview to E5, I still hear that haunting refrain "HELLO LOVELIES"  emanating from the gangway 😁 

We shall see if it's producer shenanigans or the real thing.

Yeah looks like Matt loses his shit again.  His food seems good, the guests and even Sandy rave about it. It does seem like a lot of work though, and I doubt movie stars require this level of output. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The only thing I remember about the ROII is that he kept mentioning his dad, did he get this shitfaced last season? 

That's what I remembered of him too.  He was acting so weird... not a good look.... his trophy wife looked mortified.

• Love 5
(edited)

So, blondie is not that into poor Mzi. She's gonna break his heart.

That 'list'...can we talk about serial killer's hit list? Frikin cray cray!!!! Glad she's bunked with Malia. LOL.

Lot's o' drama coming. I'm here for it. 

Edited by Lamima
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

Malia is still a snake but you could bounce a quarter off her ass, she is in shape. I'll give her that much.  Hard not to notice it while she consoles Miss Burn Book owning Lamb Pop thief over the recent death of her father.  Still find it hard to feel sorry for someone with a burn book..... is she 17?? Lexi is of average looks to me, sure she is attractive with a figure, but there are many many more beautiful women out there, inside and out.  Pageants are jokes IMO.  

Watching Courtney drunkingly making out with Mzi was making me uncomfortable.  Glad they all went to bed shortly after, men and women should not take advantage of inebriated individuals.  

I'm with those who have said there are no good looking men this time around.  Sorry guys..... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Each week that goes by I find myself hating that POS pageant stew more and more.  This week she especially ticked me off with her b***hing and moaning about Katie giving Courtney the opportunity to learn more service skills during charter.  I'm paraphrasing here, but literally every single time that awful Lexi would say something about not minding and understanding that Courtney should be able to train more for service, she would instantly contradict that by saying something negative about it, e.g. like when she said it should not happen during an actual charter, or trying to pull rank because she's the 2nd stew and shouldn't have to be the laundry b***h.  Wasn't she only made 2nd stew by Katie because she had slightly more experience than Courtney???  It's not like she was significantly more experienced.

Despite having been in, and even having won pageants, there's so much ugliness inside bitter b***h Lexi that it's seeped to her outside.  Thus nothing will ever make her attractive because of how awful a human being she is.  I found this photo of her from her pageant days, and the wig she was wearing then made her quite the five head.  Contrast that with her current wig style, which though equally bad is an improvement, but that's like saying a hurricane is slightly better than a tsunami.

Lexi 1.jpg

Lexi 1a.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
Forgot to add the photos I found
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

There has got to be a certain type of "charter guests" that Bravo looks for. No respectable, multimillionaires would charter any of these reality tv yachts.

True multimillionaires/billionaires want privacy and high quality chefs, stews and captains. NOT what you get with these Bravo TV series.

Why haven't we seen Leonardo Dicaprio or JayZ on "Below Deck?"

I might keep watching just in case Sandypants gets fired or "resigns."

And yes, Maliar has a tight ass. So do supermodels. Maliar is a little person with a little mind. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Lamima said:

So, blondie is not that into poor Mzi. She's gonna break his heart.

That 'list'...can we talk about serial killer's hit list? Frikin cray cray!!!! Glad she's bunked with Malia. LOL.

Lot's o' drama coming. I'm here for it. 

I knew Lexie was going to be a problem.  

She's a former beauty queen, now reduced to serving food and cleaning toilets.

I forget exactly what but something she said in the premiere and then the "coming this season" clips she seems to be really burning bridges with Katie.  Which is stupid because Katie is playing a role.  Presumably Lexie came on the show to get beyond the drudgery and anonymity of being a yacht charter stew.  Does she think appearing the psycho bitch on TV is going to help her path to stardom?

Maybe her father's death is making her this way but that list seems like it's been going for years, though who keeps paper and takes it with them everywhere?  Why not use the phone at least?

She says there are a lot of evil people in the pageant world and she seems intent on paying back all those people if and when she makes it.  Yeah people holding lifelong grudges, planning retribution for years, that's not evil.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

There has got to be a certain type of "charter guests" that Bravo looks for. No respectable, multimillionaires would charter any of these reality tv yachts.

True multimillionaires/billionaires want privacy and high quality chefs, stews and captains. NOT what you get with these Bravo TV series.

I might keep watching just in case Sandypants gets fired or "resigns."

And yes, Maliar has a tight ass. So do supermodels. Maliar is a little person with a little mind. 

Bravo can get ROII.  Not Leonardo or JayZ.

These "celebrities" just have a name and that's it, since their notoriety is derived from others, in this case his father.

I guess they really wanted to be on TV, were willing to fly out to Croatia during a pandemic just to have a repeat appearance on TV for a 1 or 2-day charter?

Come on, that's not a real charter guest.  That is someone who wants to be on TV and is willing to show up when and where Bravo tells him to.

• Love 13
On 7/14/2021 at 10:24 AM, chenoa333 said:

I don't get all the Malia-hate. She showed perseverance and smarts by rising up from a green lubber to a Bosun -- and beyond. If my daughter showed that drive and initiative, I'd be very proud of her. And when her underlings once called her Sweetie, Honey, etc. I wanted to sock them in the jaws for disrespecting her. So, I guess I'm Team Malia. (Get better from your scooter accident!)

Now, when it comes to the Beauty Queen, I get the impression that she's lived a very sheltered, privileged lifestyle where she never had to do any drudgery, getting dirt under her nails, nor sweating for her pay. It's called paying one's dues, and at that age we all had to do it.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

And when her underlings once called her Sweetie, Honey, etc. I wanted to sock them in the jaws for disrespecting her. So, I guess I'm Team Malia.

I did too (figuratively.) 

However, I'm not choosing a "team." I'm simply expressing my perception of what Bravo production shows us. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5
On 7/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, Xebug67 said:

Each week that goes by I find myself hating that POS pageant stew more and more.  This week she especially ticked me off with her b***hing and moaning about Katie giving Courtney the opportunity to learn more service skills during charter.  I'm paraphrasing here, but literally every single time that awful Lexi would say something about not minding and understanding that Courtney should be able to train more for service, she would instantly contradict that by saying something negative about it, e.g. like when she said it should not happen during an actual charter, or trying to pull rank because she's the 2nd stew and shouldn't have to be the laundry b***h.  Wasn't she only made 2nd stew by Katie because she had slightly more experience than Courtney???  It's not like she was significantly more experienced.

Despite having been in, and even having won pageants, there's so much ugliness inside bitter b***h Lexi that it's seeped to her outside.  Thus nothing will ever make her attractive because of how awful a human being she is.  I found this photo of her from her pageant days, and the wig she was wearing then made her quite the five head.  Contrast that with her current wig style, which though equally bad is an improvement, but that's like saying a hurricane is slightly better than a tsunami.

Lexi 1.jpg

Lexi 1a.jpg

I think the wig she wears now is horrendous.   I think it's the horrible wig that Drew Sidora wore on Real Housewives of Atlanta.  It's just as bad.  Lexi would be very pretty with her hair more natural.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, chenoa333 said:

No respectable, multimillionaires would charter any of these reality tv yachts.

True multimillionaires/billionaires want privacy and high quality chefs, stews and captains.

My thoughts exactly. You nailed it!!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Feech said:

Malia is a snake who took prescription drugs out of her roommates bag, photographed them and brought them to the Captain to rat her out and get her fired so she could share her cabin with her then boyfriend. Instead of confronting Hannah and telling her she needed to go to the Captain if she really thought they were a problem.

In an earlier season she had started an affair with the chef but dropped him to bang her boss so she could get a promotion and more airtime.

Malia is a duplicitous narcissist and just about the worst person to appear on a Bravo show which is saying a lot when you consider Theresa Guidice and Erica Jayne.

I didn’t think it was possible to see things completely opposite of someone but you and I have complete 180 degree differences of opinion. 

• Love 4

Katie to Lexi discussing the evening entertainment: Ok, well the musicians aren't actually performing on the boat, so...

little bit later~~
Lexi: Katie, where do you want the musicians to stay? Katie: well, they're not allowed on the boat!

even less time later~~
Lexi: Do I invite the dancers on the yacht now?

Katie: They're not allowed on the boat, that's the whole purpose of them being on another boat.

Me: Auugh! Lexi, you may need to clean out those ears, hon! 😄 

And why is she complaining so hard when she volunteered to do the set up?

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Is the chef REALLY such an idiot that he puts out a grease fire by CARRYING THE FLAMING POT ACROSS THE GALLEY AND POURING WATER ON IT?

I mean, you throw a lid on top of it. Right?

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Or salt, or baking soda, or rice.

On WWHL explained that there were no lids or salt at hand.  But water is the worst with a grease fire.

So the rest of the charter guests must be friends of RO2's wife.  They all seemed delightful and the kids were well behaved toddlers.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, meep.meep said:

Or salt, or baking soda, or rice.

On WWHL explained that there were no lids or salt at hand.  But water is the worst with a grease fire.

So the rest of the charter guests must be friends of RO2's wife.  They all seemed delightful and the kids were well behaved toddlers.

I was wondering who was who. They all ate like neanderthals. Was the other blonde ROII’s wife’s sister maybe? & then her husband?

The crew were pretty drunk by 11pm!

• Love 2
On 7/14/2021 at 2:03 PM, aghst said:

Bravo can get ROII.  Not Leonardo or JayZ.

These "celebrities" just have a name and that's it, since their notoriety is derived from others, in this case his father.

I guess they really wanted to be on TV, were willing to fly out to Croatia during a pandemic just to have a repeat appearance on TV for a 1 or 2-day charter?

Come on, that's not a real charter guest.  That is someone who wants to be on TV and is willing to show up when and where Bravo tells him to.

I didn't remember ROII being such a drunkard mess on their first time on the show.  I was horrified for the rest of the guests.

They have had some good charter guests on the varoius BD shows before - the Touhy's, the guests who lost a child to addiction and the lady with cancer were some that I remember. Maybe not the shit-show drama we've gotten used to, but a far cry better than a lot of the mess. They seemed more like people who would charter a Mmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeega Yacht!

Also, if we keep having to hear Sandy say she couldn't diagnose Matt's medical issue (or anything else this season) because she has to follow protocol (maritime law) to try to save face from previous seasons, I will lose my head. Jeezum crow! We're on Ep 04 and we're still hearing that clip. She also said she was going to drag him back to the boat and on WWHL she said something about he could have sat on a stool and directed the other staff to cook while his knee rested. She could have handled talking to him about it a lot better than she did given that it was more obvious he was having a mental breakdown. Maybe talk him off the ledge and refocus....

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Weren’t those the awful Queen of Versailles people are were their another group? 

It may have been. I'd have to consult the googles. I thought the way they were sympathetic with Capt Lee was nice and showed they weren't as bad as most attention-whoring-wannabee charter guests.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lurk said:

y weren't as bad as most attention-whoring-wannabee charter guests.

They then didn’t care about their sons getting wasted abs being asses to the stews and commented about what the “poors” were doing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They then didn’t care about their sons getting wasted abs being asses to the stews and commented about what the “poors” were doing.

Oooooh...... When I was thinking of charter guests that were nice, I couldn't remember exactly who it was that was so nice with Capt Lee. After consulting the Googles it was her and her husband. She (and her family/friends) waffles between doing something nice for the crew and being an obnoxious ass. Too bad she (and her family/friends) couldn't be like that the whole time. Thanks for making me look!

• Love 1
On 7/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, howiveaddict said:

I think the wig she wears now is horrendous.   I think it's the horrible wig that Drew Sidora wore on Real Housewives of Atlanta.  It's just as bad.  Lexi would be very pretty with her hair more natural.

I thought she looked great with the hat on, at dinner.  It goes to show how much that wig detracts from her looks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, chenoa333 said:

Because as nice as these boats are, there is definitely a level of luxury to which they ascend, and no farther.  I'd say quite a few people with money are beyond that level.  These are luxury boats for high-six, low-seven figure salaries, but not beyond.  At least IMO.

16 hours ago, dleighg said:

Is the chef REALLY such an idiot that he puts out a grease fire by CARRYING THE FLAMING POT ACROSS THE GALLEY AND POURING WATER ON IT?

This was quite literally a fire-able offense.  No pun intended.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

One of the funniest scenes was when the three deck crew were hanging out being goofy and a voice comes from off camera:  "Nerds!" 

Careful, Malia said this, it's gonna get you in trouble here for finding something positive she did or said.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

On 7/14/2021 at 2:59 PM, aghst said:

She says there are a lot of evil people in the pageant world and she seems intent on paying back all those people if and when she makes it.  Yeah people holding lifelong grudges, planning retribution for years, that's not evil.

The funny thing is, if she ever DOES make it, that list will make credible any rotten stories anybody on it wants to share about her in future.  Everybody knows [Phaedra voice] that once you make it, the best revenge is not acknowledging any memory whatsoever of the people you hated along the way. [insert Mariah Carey "I don't know her" gif]

18 hours ago, dleighg said:

That really set me off. I mean, that was BAD.  And I don't care that there were no lids nearby - there were PANS nearby.  I learned that lesson as a child from a biography of Marie Curie who was teaching an introductory chemistry class and asked the class what to do about a lab fire and they gave all sorts of creative answers and she just sighed and said you put a lid on it to cut off the oxygen supply.  

Carrying it across the galley and then adding water to a grease fire... anybody who hires him should up their business/homeowner's insurance.  

I enjoy the cast in charter mode.  They're trying WAY too hard in the off-charter mode and it makes all those scenes awkward and boring. 

• Love 6

Something that always surprises me about the Below Deck crews is all the young people that smoke. I didn't think young people smoked anymore. Vaping maybe but not cigarettes. Then again, a lot of them are not American, and the anti-smoking movement isn't as big in Europe or Australia, from what I can gather.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Something that always surprises me about the Below Deck crews is all the young people that smoke. I didn't think young people smoked anymore. Vaping maybe but not cigarettes. Then again, a lot of them are not American, and the anti-smoking movement isn't as big in Europe or Australia, from what I can gather.

Even in the US smoking amongst workers in the hospitality/food service is a lot larger than the rest of the adult population. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I don't want to maike fun of Lexi's wig because she is a black woman and it's just not in my lane to do it, but it is too bad it's so obvious.  She has a mean spirit and attitude, I am not sure if she thinks this is going to get her some attention but it's not good attention.  Having a burn list at that age is really worrisome.  That's what a teenager has.  She has either been fucked over constantly or has never had a way to express her rage in an appropriate matter.  Either way she has it out for Katie when Katie clearly told her the band stays on another boat.  She does not give a shit about anyone else or cares to listen or consider others (like the lamb chops weren't hers to eat).  She's just awful.

This is the most unattractive crew in any season.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I don't want to maike fun of Lexi's wig because she is a black woman and it's just not in my lane to do it, but it is too bad it's so obvious.  She has a mean spirit and attitude, I am not sure if she thinks this is going to get her some attention but it's not good attention.  Having a burn list at that age is really worrisome.  That's what a teenager has.  She has either been fucked over constantly or has never had a way to express her rage in an appropriate matter.  Either way she has it out for Katie when Katie clearly told her the band stays on another boat.  She does not give a shit about anyone else or cares to listen or consider others (like the lamb chops weren't hers to eat).  She's just awful.

This is the most unattractive crew in any season.  

That sailing yacht had it's share of not so attractive crew members.

I long for the days of Bitchy Kate, Rocky and such, they were pure entertainment, I am not feeling it this season.

• Love 6

Jean-Luc and Gary were goofballs and Gary had goofy hair but they at least had nice bodies. Does anyone want to see Mzi, David or Lloyd shirtless? There's just an utter lack of male eye candy, it's weird for a Bravo show. They managed to cast Miss Bahamas, and Courtney is a babe. Don't tell me they couldn't find one male model type to play deckhand. Hookups are a staple of this franchise. What were they thinking?

• Love 1
On 7/21/2021 at 8:34 AM, iMonrey said:

Something that always surprises me about the Below Deck crews is all the young people that smoke. 

Interesting observation. Where I live, many of the shopping centers have signs posted saying that it is a "smoke free/vape free" property. And a nearby city gives tickets to anyone caught smoking anything in public.

I have noticed on cooking competitions, especially Hell's Kitchen, the amount of heavy smokers among the chefs. And Below Deck also has its fair share of smokers.

• Useful 1
On 7/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, iMonrey said:

This, from what I've read and been told, is something unique to BD at least in the yachting world. Most REAL yachties don't smoke because it's one of the first things yacht owners require when hiring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2021 at 3:40 PM, Feech said:

Malia is a snake who took prescription drugs out of her roommates bag, photographed them and brought them to the Captain to rat her out and get her fired so she could share her cabin with her then boyfriend. Instead of confronting Hannah and telling her she needed to go to the Captain if she really thought they were a problem.

In an earlier season she had started an affair with the chef but dropped him to bang her boss so she could get a promotion and more airtime.

Malia is a duplicitous narcissist and just about the worst person to appear on a Bravo show which is saying a lot when you consider Theresa Guidice and Erica Jayne.

Wow! I’m new to the show this season and I would not have guessed any of this. My impression of Malia was that she’s quite likable— competent and friendly!

• Love 4
On 7/21/2021 at 9:17 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I long for the days of Bitchy Kate, Rocky and such, they were pure entertainment, I am not feeling it this season.

I think about Rocky's "New York scene veggie salad" with cocoa nibs (Oreos) crumbled on top at least a few times per week. 

• LOL 3
On 7/25/2021 at 10:25 PM, chenoa333 said:

have noticed on cooking competitions, especially Hell's Kitchen, the amount of heavy smokers among the chefs.

I worked in catering for about 20 years, everyone smoked, it was annoying to have to yank employees back inside because of the smoke breaks everyone was constantly taking...us non smokers would never be able to take 20 minutes every hour to hang out on a loading dock chatting with coworkers in the middle of dinner service.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 7/19/2021 at 1:40 PM, Feech said:

THANK YOU. For most of Below Deck Med, I could not stand Hannah and wanted her to quit/be fired. After the way Malia treated her, I ended up completely rooting for Hannah and felt so bad for her. No matter how nice she acts this season, I think Malia really showed her true colors as a person last season.

Edited by sara1025
  • Like 1
35 minutes ago, sara1025 said:

THANK YOU. For most of Below Deck Med, I could not stand Hannah and wanted her to quit/be fired. After the way Malia treated her, I ended up completely rooting for Hannah and felt so bad for her. No matter how nice she acts this season, I think Malia really showed her true colors as a person last season.

What says you won't change your mind about Malia as you did about Hannah? Or can you still not stand her and only feel sorry for her?