Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: It's Not Easy Being Green

• Start Topic

(edited)

Katie feels the weight of the demanding guests, while Lexi copes with a difficult personal issue. Malia works to get her new deck crew up to speed while preparing a bachelor and bachelorette party, but a very inexperienced deckhand has trouble keeping up. The rest of the charter season hangs in limbo as the crew wonders whether Chef Mat will return to the boat.

Bravo Airdate: 07/05/2021

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Edited by TexasGal
Correcting the name of the streaming service...
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Bravo Airdate: 07/05/2021

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Paramount+.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

I use sling and this episode is already showing on demand.  When can I comment on it?  I'm not familiar with Paramount+.

I just realized it's streaming on Peacock Premium, not Paramount+ so modified that in the intro.  I believe it goes live each Monday night with the next week's episode.  It looks like episode 2 is up right now so post away!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I just realized it's streaming on Peacock Premium, not Paramount+ so modified that in the intro.  I believe it goes live each Monday night with the next week's episode.  It looks like episode 2 is up right now so post away!

Thank you for clarifying,  looks like Sling is doing the same.  

So far I hate the chef and will be depressed if the wedding actually happens. I'm guessing the groom is either rich or a patsy because I can't imagine why anyone would want to marry him otherwise. The only remotely entertaining bit has been the unicorn flopping over. 

Katie's photo with the stews that previously worked under her was frightening. How does anyone tell them apart? It's like the fake beauty Borg. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

So the chef had a big ole panic attack.  I had a feeling that was it, being an anxiety sufferer myself at times. You know what helps anxiety?  Xanax!  Such irony..... he seems anxious to redeem himself, another classic trait of high anxiety people. He's kinda extra though, will be interesting to see if he lasts. 

So far I'm digging Katie, she works really hard.  I am with the others trying to place her face, she looks like someone famous and I keep changing my mind on who. 

I haven't learned all their names, but the gal who keeps mentioning she's been in pageants, yet says she doesn't tell people... yeah, ok, she may be full of herself. Jury still out. 

Boy can these guests drink!  I'm always amazed how much people can drink, not much of a drinker myself. That one dark headed lady was really flipping over the chef/food sitch, but she sure was loving the dinner the chef made so she was finally satisfied it seems.

Oh and the boat is really big compared to other seasons.  So odd but I feel less claustrophobic watching now. The laundry room looks huge!

• Love 12

And they have an exercise room with a big treadmill.

Yeah Katie seems good at her job and has standards.  So why is she on Bravo?

Lexi is going to be a problem.

The chef, really high maintenance.  We might wonder later in the season how they got him to come back.

These guests … the brunette one dressed down Sandy about the dinner but then was rolling her eyes back at the mussels like she was having an orgasm.  Then drinking all day, kept Katie busy doing nothing else but making drinks.

Of course there will be drama between the cast.  Bravo has been casting these shows for a long time.  They know what they want.  Besides interpersonal conflicts, we’re going to have the “who’s gonna be fired or going to quit” subplots and it appears Sandy and Malia will be on the outs with each other.

Sandy says impossible to get another chef on short notice so is she getting someone into quarantine?  You figure Bravo already has a couple of potential replacements nearby, as they’ve done on these BD shows, as contingencies.  They must have a chef stashed in Croatia, already quarantining?  But depending on when they shot this, Croatia was open to tourists from just about everywhere last summer.  In the winter, things got rough as covid cases took off in US and Europe.  

• Love 6
On 6/29/2021 at 10:32 PM, aqusdealer said:

I can already hear "Hello lovelies" coming from the gangway 😄

From your fingertips to God’s ears….uh…screen? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Another high maintenance, high anxiety chef. Must be Tuesday.

Pageant lady - saying she doesn't tell anyone, but then proceeding to tell everyone, numerous times. No thanks. Don't care about learning her name, she sucks. 

And look - I don't think a show must have only good looking people to be entertaining, but why the hell does Bravo have a policy of only casting above average looking women but then hiring whatever guy applies? If you have the standard of beauty for the women, you should have it for the men, too. 

I don't care either way for Sandy or Malia - I'm pretty indifferent and feel like the show brought them back for the controversy and drama. /shrug. I just don't care. 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 7/4/2021 at 3:30 PM, Lunula said:

Another high maintenance, high anxiety chef. Must be Tuesday.

Pageant lady - saying she doesn't tell anyone, but then proceeding to tell everyone, numerous times. No thanks. Don't care about learning her name, she sucks. 

And look - I don't think a show must have only good looking people to be entertaining, but why the hell does Bravo have a policy of only casting above average looking women but then hiring whatever guy applies? If you have the standard of beauty for the women, you should have it for the men, too. 

Don't care for pageant lady either. However, I wonder if production would allow her to wear a more natural hair style instead of that fake looking wig.  

It's not only Bravo's but all the news and entertainment industry that applies a higher standard of beauty to the women they hire.  I even see it on local news programs.  A male news anchorman can be overweight,  balding with coke bottle thick glasses. They would never hire a female that looked like the average american woman.  I think the reason I enjoy British shows is that most of the women look like real women and not botoxed, plastic surgeried models.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 7/4/2021 at 1:30 PM, Lunula said:

don't care either way for Sandy or Malia - I'm pretty indifferent and feel like the show brought them back for the controversy and drama. /shrug. I just don't care. 

Agree and it’s like they’re getting some karma too, Sandy especially seems a bit off….. maybe her ego is still a little bruised. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

The montage with Z struggling with Maureen the Magical Unicorn was pretty funny.  I'm glad the guests got to use it.  I hate it when the crew spends hours putting out toys and they go to waste.

I have mixed feelings about the chef.  He is obviously overwhelmed and his anxiety is kicking in big time.  Sandy is so fake with her kind act and offers him support, but when he specifically asks for help with crew meals and wedding cake, she hems and haws.  I completely understand that those things are part of his job, but if you are offering to give him support, follow through.  Then, of course, she has to say something snide behind his back.  If it were me, I would make a decision such as wedding cake will be brought in from the town, and I will order in the first 3 crew meals to get you started.  Once he gets his footing, he may do okay.  Time will tell.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Sandy is so fake with her kind act and offers him support, but when he specifically asks for help with crew meals and wedding cake, she hems and haws.

Or when she tells him she will organize the walk-in for him, moves like two things and then mutters that he’s on his own. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, endure said:

Looks like Chef Angst is on to the Bahama Queen.  I do think being a chef is maybe not a great career choice for someone with anxiety.

But in this case it’s a TV show, where they want drama and conflict.

So whatever pressure a luxury charter May place on a chef, multiply it on BD!

But Matt had worked for demanding rich bosses so that has to be tougher than pleasing the hoi polloi they cast on BD as charter guests, though the producers are trying to create situations which will lead to clashes.

• Love 4

I don’t think chef will ever be able to handle doing crew and guest food.  I really don’t like him….I have anxiety and am on meds and can’t even with him.  

• Love 4
(edited)

The chief stew reminds me a bit of Keira Knightly (the eyes).

Interesting that chef owned up to his freak-out. He may have meniscus damage, one of the first things to cause knee pain in athletes, dancers, etc. Or old people like me. I swear my ortho told me that meniscus damage doesn't show up on MRIs, but I may be wrong about that.

I like the deck crew (so far). A relief from the idiotic misogynists  Bravo has crammed down our throats.

It's too bad Malia was such a jerk in the previous season. She's a good bosun (or whatever it's called).

I agree Sandy seems off. I think she has finally figured out that she is hate-fodder for production and the audience. Not very bright, that one.

One of the stews is a very hard worker, but then she had to go wishing for a sugar daddy. How about moving into an industry where you can make a lot of money yourself? It takes time, education/skill,  and hard work.

Miss Bahamas can go. She's insufferable.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 11

The literal definition of tucking her tail between her legs.

There was a little bit of spineless huffing and puffing in a later sound bite - "When chef couldn't do the crew meals, I decided to let it go for now, but I'll be watching." Something useless like that. She just had to have the last word.

• Love 16
(edited)
20 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

She just had to have the last word

She also acted like she convinced him to do the crew meals in the future, it seemed pretty clear that he was referencing just this charter so she didn’t do shit. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12

I don’t understand how this chef even got hired. He admitted his anxiety caused him to walk off two previous charters BEFORE they even started! How does someone hire him with a work history like that? He needs to get his anxiety under control or find a new career!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I don’t understand how this chef even got hired. He admitted his anxiety caused him to walk off two previous charters BEFORE they even started! How does someone hire him with a work history like that? He needs to get his anxiety under control or find a new career!

Maybe not on real charters where they require reliability.

But on a TV show, to those making casting decisions to maximize drama?  His anxiety is probably looked at as a Pro for him.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Primary- she reminds me of the prior stew Laura. Even sounds like her. Don't like either of them.

The chef can leave any time now, and take Miss Bahamas with her.

I can't believe that Sandy hasn't yet complained about a lack of tablescape. 

• Love 5

I'm stunned that Sandy didn't pop in after every meal to ask the guests whether they liked it. Maybe she did and they edited it out. But then she had to go and make a fuss about organizing the walk-in, like it makes the slightest bit of difference to her. Just go drive the boat, you damn busybody.

I don't think a show must have only good looking people to be entertaining, but why the hell does Bravo have a policy of only casting above average looking women but then hiring whatever guy applies? If you have the standard of beauty for the women, you should have it for the men, too.

They usually do have at least one or two good looking dudes as deckhands because the show wants the hook-ups. They live for that shit. I don't know what happened this season. When Z was drooling over the blonde stew and reminding himself "don't screw the crew," I just laughed. I seriously doubt she wants to screw you, you weird little munchkin.

I like the deck crew (so far). A relief from the idiotic misogynists  Bravo has crammed down our throats.

Yeah I kind of wonder if they chose this deck crew in reaction to the blowback they got from the toxic masculinity that defined the last season of BD the OG.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Was the chef in the hospital overnight or did he get a hotel room? It’s weird that if he found out he was okay he didn’t come right back to his job. 
However, my dislike of Sandy is greater than my disdain for the chef abandoning his job so too bad Sandy! 
The guests seem like drunken fools. So far I like this chief stew. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Was the chef in the hospital overnight or did he get a hotel room? It’s weird that if he found out he was okay he didn’t come right back to his job. 

MRI’s usually aren’t read immediately so it’s entirely possible he didn’t get the results until the next morning. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2021 at 11:32 PM, aqusdealer said:

I can already hear "Hello lovelies" coming from the gangway 😄

Dead

I really hope this Chef lasts because he’ll make Sandy’s life absolutely miserable.  It was pure poetic jousting watching the guests rip her a new one! Loved it! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, nytonc said:

I really hope this Chef lasts because he’ll make Sandy’s life absolutely miserable.

Plus, once he returned, he seemed to put out some kick-ass meals that the guests were raving over.  If his knee is really hurt, he should avoid the stairs more.

So is the stupid wedding OFF?  Or will Bravo push them into it.  They were totally hammered.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

However, my dislike of Sandy is greater than my disdain for the chef abandoning his job so too bad Sandy! 
The guests seem like drunken fools. So far I like this chief stew. 

I would wager that he was in a hotel room overnight while production talked him into going back.

I feel for him. There has been so much progress in talking openly about mental health problems, but it often seems to have a lot of caveats: that we're talking about garden-variety depression and anxiety, that people mostly talk about it as something they've overcome, that it not create any burden or irritation for others. The thing is that mental illness is very often a pain in the ass both for the person who has it and for the people around them. Malia talking about how he should have sucked it up really pissed me off. I don't even particularly like him--but that doesn't mean his anxiety isn't real or that he was being lazy or wanted to create a problem for everyone else.

• Love 18
37 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Dead

I really hope this Chef lasts because he’ll make Sandy’s life absolutely miserable.  It was pure poetic jousting watching the guests rip her a new one! Loved it! 

I completely agree.  Apart from getting rid of Sandy and Malia, after their nonsense last season, the best viewing would to see them be tortured or experience an iota of what they give others.  Last season, the scenes I liked best was when Chef Tom was losing it in the kitchen- perfect karma for "Malandy."

• Love 7

The chef's food actually looked pretty darn good, and the guests seemed happy with it, although they were drunk off their asses so who knows. He's gotta stop flirting with Miss Bahamas though. Not a chance in the world, dude. Not a chance in the world. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

So is the stupid wedding OFF?  Or will Bravo push them into it.  They were totally hammered.

The bride to be threatened to call the groom's mother. lol!

• LOL 11
12 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

If the chef has anxiety, maybe Sandy can give him some of Hannah’s valium she confiscated.   

This guy is completely out of luck- can't take anything for his anxiety or his knee pain. - Mary Timelaw

• LOL 18

I’m good with the deck crew (minus Malia). Z and Lloyd both seem like good guys and the third guy also seems fine but I’m giving him a little side eye as he is starting to get a crush on Malia.

The chief stew seems very hard working and I’m completely put off by the gold digging comments of the two under stews. Plus Miss Bahama’s snotty comments about flattering the chef.

The bride threatening to call the groom’s mother to “tell” on him is hysterically wrong on so many levels.

• Love 12

I LOVE the chef!  Anyone who makes Sandy’s life a living hell is fine by me.  I also hope the deck crew does the same for Malia.  HA! Malia couldn’t even slice pineapple properly.  It has to be cored you moron.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Miz (?) reminds me of a (slightly) grown up Gary Coleman. 

I totally agree! 

He is a ringer for the older Gary Coleman!

• Love 1

Anyone notice how Sandy keeps mentioning following protocol. I guess Mary Timelaw must have told her to say that to make herself look good.  Also like how she moved about 2 things, in the pantry and gave up.  

• LOL 7
Just now, TheCouchPotato said:

I think Sandy did the same level of vetting as she did with the Russian chef (mila). Basically, does the Chef have a pulse and do they know the difference b/w salt and sugar. 

To be fair to Sandy she doesn’t hire anyone, production does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

I don’t know a lot about clinical anxiety but i know someone who has it, it’s at its worse for her when she is in new situations but once she gets over that initial exposure she seems to be able to carry on.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, NYCFree said:

The chief stew seems very hard working and I’m completely put off by the gold digging comments of the two under stews. Plus Miss Bahama’s snotty comments about flattering the chef.

What did they say exactly?

Katie seems even-keeled, on top of things.  But you have to wonder about her liking Jack so much, though she seems to recognize that after the crush he's not really right for her.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The number of crew who come on all BD after the death of a close loved one seems extremely high.

This is true. And not to take away from anyone's pain, but my husband & I don't unserstand at all, the sobbing over a death of or dying of a grandparent when the cast member is in their late 20's/early 30's. I know these days grandparents are a starring role in many peoples' lives because they practically raised them for whatever reason. But when someone is like 90 and you're sobbing uncontrollably on the TV show you're on,  it's a strange look. Again, not trying to be cold blooded, just saying. It's a bit dramatic.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

But when someone is like 90 and you're sobbing uncontrollably on the TV show you're on,

I imagine most of their grandparents weren’t in their 90s.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

The guest calling the dessert CREAM brulee. Twice! 

In his (very limited) defense, he was totally hammered.  Not sure in all these years have I seen guests drink like this all day and not crashing early.  Katie got quite the upper body workout shaking all those drinks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5