Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/21/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

When meghun was speaking during the gun segment, it seemed like she went on and on for like 5 minutes but she didn't.

Sunny -1:39

Meghun - 2:29

Ana - 1:43

Sara - 1:49

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I missed the show because of family matters again. Was Joy moderating with Ana there? Someone mentioned Ana and there's been no mention of Whoopi. I might try to watch it online if that's the case since Joy moderating and Ana there are always better shows than the normal ones. Ana sure has been on the show quite a lot the past month and a half since their ratings losses came out!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I missed the show because of family matters again. Was Joy moderating with Ana there? Someone mentioned Ana and there's been no mention of Whoopi. I might try to watch it online if that's the case since Joy moderating and Ana there are always better shows than the normal ones. Ana sure has been on the show quite a lot the past month and a half since their ratings losses came out!

Yes.  Ana was there and no Whoopie.  Whoopie said on Monday that she has sciatica so I'm assuming that's why she's not there.  Don't know for sure, of course.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I think she was referring to Meghan's use of 'bare' instead of 'bear' in a tweet and then arrogantly refusing to correct it. The tweet was posted on the Meghan thread I think. 

giphy.gif.927ad8229c7936ae60131244ef289713.gif

ME:

GratefulParallelGalah-small.gif.9b54c43ca7a9eabb31a8008d5bfd40df.gif

Thanks @GiveMeSpace.  It's been a day!  Now I get it, d'oh!

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yes, that is what I meant. No harm done!! 😊🥰

Omg, and now I am dying at my reply back to you, complete with attached links. 🤨 😂  And I really did look it up first so that I didn't pull a Meghan.  What a giant dork I am. Don't post on 3 hours sleep, ladies!  🥰

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Cozytea said:

This has nothing to do with Joys joke but it reminds me of a conversation i had with my sister a few months ago. She was trying to tell me something about a rapper/singer she couldn't think of her name ,this went on for what seemed forever,  i  had no idea who she was describing, finally i said , Little Kim? 😄  We finally figured out she was talking about Cardi B. But not before we laughed untill we cried. She said how old are ?Little Kim??😄😄😄 i said old.

I'm 47,  little kim makes sense 👍

Unmm...excuuuze me! I think you mean Lil' Kim. 😂

7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I hate it, too!! Leave that word for TV shows, events, etc.

I don't hate the word, I hate the action. Whether its called "canceled" or "held accountable" (as Sunny has suggested), not everyone deserves to have their livelihood be taken away.

7 hours ago, catlover79 said:

"The Godfather of The Squad"...good grief. 🙄

He even cringed a little. 

1 hour ago, Axie said:

Yes.  Ana was there and no Whoopie.  Whoopie said on Monday that she has sciatica so I'm assuming that's why she's not there.  

Oh yes, the sciatica mention! That's like when I say "Boy, I've been sneezing an awful lot today" at the office so I can call in sick the next day. 🙃

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

How old are MeGuns “group of friends” ?  They screen shot and sent around something they saw on Tinder from another friend’s cheating spouse?   So she doesn’t “mess with them anymore”.  I have kids (in their early twenties) that I am sure would handle that in a more mature manner than that. MyFather really raised a shitty daughter.  This whole show all I could think of, every single word that came out of her mouth, was that she is overpaid. She knows practically nothing about what she’s talking about.  She’s a damn liar most of the time and she’s delusional.  I’m now down to barely watching on Hulu at night. She gives me an angry headache! Lol

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Omg, and now I am dying at my reply back to you, complete with attached links. 🤨 😂  And I really did look it up first so that I didn't pull a Meghan.  What a giant dork I am. Don't post on 3 hours sleep, ladies!  🥰

You are not a dork! At least you looked something up, unlike Meghan. Besides, your comments have made the original post even funnier!! 😊🥰🤣😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

lol this place is my favorite as an insomniac!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Now, I know, MM has tens of thousand friends.

Hey - they ask her for gun advice and COVID advice for wanting to be or get pregnant.

How does she manage that as a mother, working, taking selfies, as a wife?

She, after all, has the most friends anyone ever had.

• LOL 10
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, bannana said:

quoted from the recap:

Did one of the three she notes here say that? Or is she just making shit up again? I couldn't find anything that they said that.

Quoting myself above. It is incredible that she just gets to spout actual slanderous shit, and no one ever calls her on it.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/63471-meghan-mccain-both-sides-wannabe-tough-chick/?do=findComment&comment=6856605

Check out the one place that did call her out on it.

• Love 4

I agreed with a lot of what McCain said here, shockingly, about Britney, mostly what she said about it seeming like she's being abused and forced practically to be like a slave for the family that's living off her money? I don't know, I just think there's something wrong there. I can understand her being under conservatorship years back when it started, but that was so long ago. I don't think she's a mentally ill person, she just had a temporary meltdown back when. But who knows, maybe there are things the public don't know about this situation.  *shrug* That said, McCain using this as a way to slip in potshots at SNL, who she probably just hates for mocking her in the past, was pretty underhanded and sly.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sunny mentioned Christopher Rufo (however he spells it).  Joy Reid had him on her show last night and truly filleted him. She didn’t let him get away with any lie, she fact checked every statement.

I just knew Meg would be mushy about this conversation. How to give a blanket rejection of critical race theory while not disrespecting Milley?  Ugh, where is the fact checker to counter Meg’s misinformation?  We need someone to sit behind Meg and yell “wrong!” whenever she parrots a false talking point.

Ugh, they have Leslie Odom Jr on and he doesn’t sing?  Bummer. Guess they had to get that commercial in instead. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

"Every member of my family except for Bridgette serves or has served in the military." Every member except Bridgette and, oh--that's right, you. So maybe don't pretend like you represent the military because of who your daddy was, we all have relatives who've served.

And her mother?

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

"Every member of my family except for Bridgette serves or has served in the military." Every member except Bridgette and, oh--that's right, you. So maybe don't pretend like you represent the military because of who your daddy was, we all have relatives who've served.

So, basically, the men in the family?

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

That was an incredible discussion of Critical Race Theory they had just now. Sunny really nailed that topic to the f---ing wall, what a masterclass.

And did Megzy make some comment about all her work with civil rights issues?  really, guess i missed that part of her resume. I am just sure she has been more vocal about this than Sunny and Anna.  Yup.

• Love 7
(edited)
32 minutes ago, cinsays said:

And did Megzy make some comment about all her work with civil rights issues?  really, guess i missed that part of her resume. I am just sure she has been more vocal about this than Sunny and Anna.  Yup.

Only if you are talking about Alexei Navalny or Jewish people.

BLM?  Babies in cages?  Pffft. Not her concern. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, especially the last sentence.  Sweet Jesus, can’t the network find another “Conservative” woman to take this spoiled, mean-spirited person’s place?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, cinsays said:

And did Megzy make some comment about all her work with civil rights issues? 

All I'm going to say about that is I seem to remember someone not having the best track record when it came to wanting to celebrate civil rights.  Meghan wants to give lip service to being against racism but I have yet to see her do anything to help race relations in this country.  I'm not saying she has to march but supporting policies that help would be a start.

• Love 15

MM is grasping a straws by claiming the problem with CRT is that it excludes Asians and Jews.  Cruz, Rubio, and other members of her tribe have literally said that CRT teaches white children to hate themselves.   

Thanks Joy for at proving Sunny's earlier point of it being a manufactured issue by pointing out that CRT is specific to the history of slavery in the US.   

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Thanks Joy for at proving Sunny's earlier point of it being a manufactured issue by pointing out that CRT is specific to the history of slavery in the US. 

I suspect that much like "defunding the police", the name Critical Race Theory is being used by many people who don't seem to share the same definition of what it is and how it should (or shouldn't) be implemented in places other than law school. For example, neither school departments nor parents seem to be clear about what will be incorporated in schools and what the purpose is. I think this is the result of a kind of knee-jerk response by school systems to the demonstrations of 2020 . They don't want to look like they aren't doing anything, so they grab onto whatever sounds good, without taking the time to deeply examine what is involved, and determine the best implementations, appropriate to different ages and grades. 

If a school's approach follows along simplistic lines like "white people bad (or at least unhelpful)" and "black and brown people are constantly victimized by everyone", then it is going to be divisive and make true social reform more difficult if not impossible. If a school's approach is more thoughtful and nuanced, they should be able to explain that to parents and community members to gain their support and assist in meaningful social growth. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think she's a mentally ill person, she just had a temporary meltdown back when. But who knows, maybe there are things the public don't know about this situation.  

This is what I'd like to know.  Everyone is saying the conservatorship should be ended, but I'd like to know more.  There are so many questions.  What was she diagnosed with when she had her episode way back when.  Shaving her head and beating up on cars may have been a one-time temporary thing, but maybe not.  Is she bi-polar?  Schizophrenic?  People can sound perfectly normal with these conditions if they take their medications regularly, so it doesn't really mean anything that she sounded lucid during her court proceeding.  Does her boyfriend have her best interests at heart?  Is her father afraid the boyfriend will squander Britney's $60 million fortune?  Will the boyfriend convince her to stop taking needed medications?  The father reportedly lives in an RV.  Why isn't he living in a nice house?  Is he frugal, or does he just want to give that appearance so people won't think he's taking her money.  I'm not saying the conservatorship shouldn't be lifted.  I'm just agreeing with TheGreenKnight that the public doesn't know everything about this situation.

By the way, I thought Meghan was going to have a breakdown herself discussing this today.  Talk about worked up. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

I suspect that much like "defunding the police", the name Critical Race Theory is being used by many people who don't seem to share the same definition of what it is and how it should (or shouldn't) be implemented in places other than law school. For example, neither school departments nor parents seem to be clear about what will be incorporated in schools and what the purpose is. 

But here's the thing.  School districts/teachers have not been seeking to teach CRT for the most part.   I'm actually not aware of any school district that has.     School districts and state legislatures have just decided to ban it to make it an issue as Sunny described.   It's a solution without a problem.  

• Love 13
(edited)
11 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

So, basically, the men in the family?

I don't think her step-sister Sidney served in the military either.  MeAgain often forgets her stepsiblings.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
(edited)

Me-Again made some good points regarding Britney Spears but her hysterical rant took me out of it. I thought that she was going to have a breakdown live on the air.  She really needs to chill and learn not to take things so personally.   Did you guys noticed how she tried to make the state of California responsible for Britney's predicament?  

Edited by Pearson80
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Me-Again made some good points regarding Britney Spears but her hysterical rant took me out of it. I thought that she was going to have a breakdown live on the air.  She really needs to chill and learn not to take things so personally.   Did you guys noticed how she tried to make the state of California responsible for Britney's predicament?  

Yes, exactly. Joy, Sunny, Sara and Ana were all concerned but acted professional and calm. I get tired just watching Meghan, let alone hearing her talk. I predict it's only going to get worse once they are back in studio. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Hey Missy, you ignoramus, it's extricate NOT extradite ... GAWD!!!

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck she thinks levity means. 🤔

You keep using that word....jpg

Edited by gatopretoNYC
  • LOL 14
(edited)

MM was spot on bout Britney but there was an undertone of “sticking it” against ‘lawless, terrible, no-good liberal state of California’ that just doesn’t sit well with me.

Always about teams with her.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, After7Only said:

But here's the thing.  School districts/teachers have not been seeking to teach CRT for the most part.   I'm actually not aware of any school district that has.     School districts and state legislatures have just decided to ban it to make it an issue as Sunny described.   It's a solution without a problem.  

That's an interesting point. My impression (mainly based on anecdotal evidence) was that the school districts had plans to teach something (CRT or whatever) and parent objections along with publicity / social media input resulted in calls to ban the curriculum. If there is no intention to introduce CRT (or whatever they are calling it) into the curriculum, you'd think that the easiest thing to do would be for school districts to state that clearly and loudly and point out that banning something that isn't planned is a waste of time and effort. That isn't something I've heard anyone do, but it might not be getting the kind of coverage it should.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, geekburger said:

MM was spot on bout Britney but there was an undertone of “sticking it” against ‘lawless, terrible, no-good liberal state of California’ that just doesn’t sit well with me.

Always about teams with her.

Yes! It's not about a young woman who has been used as a cash cow by her own family for years and can't live life the way others can. It always has to come down to politics...which isn't even the issue here. She is just exhausting. 

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

That's an interesting point. My impression (mainly based on anecdotal evidence) was that the school districts had plans to teach something (CRT or whatever) and parent objections along with publicity / social media input resulted in calls to ban the curriculum. If there is no intention to introduce CRT (or whatever they are calling it) into the curriculum, you'd think that the easiest thing to do would be for school districts to state that clearly and loudly and point out that banning something that isn't planned is a waste of time and effort. That isn't something I've heard anyone do, but it might not be getting the kind of coverage it should.

That would be because the districts are trying to make a political point.   It has little to do with education of children.   In reality the CRT fight is just a rebranding of the fight against the 1619 project.  There were a few school districts that planned to teach curriculum based on the 1619 project.    Certain elements of the right, raised a ruckus (including MM) but it didn’t catch on like they wanted.    They then rebranded their fight and labeled it Critical race theory (CRT).   Because RACE is in the title it seems to have caught on.  CRT is only taught  in law and graduate schools.   No one is trying to teach it to elementary school kids.   Sunny’s assessment of what’s going on is spot on.   

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

You know Meghan McCain could care less about Britney Spears but she wants to appear to be one of the "celebs", and I use that word lightly when referring to McCain, that's jumping on the "Free Britney" train. She's a little late to the party as are some of these other Tinseltown phonies that are now posting messages of solidarity with Spears. Where were these people a year ago? Exactly...McCain never spoke up or said anything about the Free Britney movement or questioned what was going on...now it's the thing for people like her to do. The real heroes of this are the average people that have been picketing the court and doing online organizing to get Britney her day in court...not McCain, not Rose McGowan, not Mariah Carey, not Justin Timberlake...hundreds of her fans have been doing the work and trying to get Britney's story out there. So STFU McCain...we all know you probably trashed her as a "child star" that got lucky or as a crazy girl that deserved to have her kids taken away. We see you for the asshat that you are Meghan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
23 hours ago, maggiemae said:

She, after all, has the most friends anyone ever had.

Most people would call them "aquaintances" or "people who responded to at least one of my SM posts" - right, my friends?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Yes! It's not about a young woman who has been used as a cash cow by her own family for years and can't live life the way others can. It always has to come down to politics...which isn't even the issue here. She is just exhausting. 

For real. And remember when she was flattered this . . .

0b05e7627f5fea07e5c04706fe13bc6cd1-14-th

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

How many more weeks until they go on summer vacation ? 5 ? You can tell they're into the homestretch for this season. They're all tired, they're all boring - the show this week has been a snoozefest. The show this season has been a snoozefest ! 

Ladies, time to pack your suitcases and go relax somewhere - anywhere. Get out of your environment and go on vacation. When you come back in September, hopefully a nice new set awaits you and a live audience again. (Though I don't really miss the audience distracting their conversations with inappropriate clapping and laughter). You all need a refresher. I dread slogging through this for July. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

MegaMouth wants to cry and call the FBI because Brittany does not have reproductive rights over her own body. Ironic…

I'm surprised her hypocrisy didn't get picked up by the media. Especially since it was just a few days ago she was calling women who had abortions murderers.  I feel for Britney too but not to the point I would blame big bad liberal state of California for what is happening to her.

Ana Kasparian on the Young Turks said when Meghan wants to make a point, no matter how ridiculous and untrue that point may be, she will insult someone as a way to make her point. She tried to do it with Bernie Sanders and trying to blame him for the "Squad"  and she did yesterday by blaming California.  

Meghan is one of those people who doesn't want to just win, she wants someone to lose.

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

(Though I don't really miss the audience distracting their conversations with inappropriate clapping and laughter).

Normally I would totally agree with this sentiment, but since Meghan joined the show nothing has made me happier than all the other panelists getting claps, whoops and laughs while Meghan's attempts at filleting and humor fall flat with the thunderous thud of silence.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 15
12 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Normally I would totally agree with this sentiment, but since Meghan joined the show nothing has made me happier than all the other panelists getting claps, whoops and laughs while Meghan's attempts at filleting and humor fall flat with the thunderous thud of silence.

Let's not forget when the audience reaction or nonreaction sets Meghan off and she chastises them. Unprofessional doesn't even begin to describe her.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

How many more weeks until they go on summer vacation ? 5 ? You can tell they're into the homestretch for this season. They're all tired, they're all boring - the show this week has been a snoozefest. The show this season has been a snoozefest ! 

I have a feeling Whoopi doesn't want to come back in the studio.  She may not have a choice, so retirement may be her only option.

I've certainly enjoyed Ana being there the last few days.

• Love 6