Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 6/21/2021

falltime
  • Start Topic

Just now, Gemma Violet said:

I have a feeling Whoopi doesn't want to come back in the studio.  She may not have a choice, so retirement may be her only option.

Whoopi has stated that she doesn't want to return.

She was planning on leaving at the end of the 2015-2016 season, but felt she had to stay because of who won the election. Not veering off, she actually said this.

Yet, here she still remains. She can leave, and continue with her acting gigs.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Was today’s show prerecorded?  Surely there are more important topics than what they are discussing. Zzzzzz. 

Friday episodes lately have been prerecorded. I'd rather see a rerun. Double zzzzzzz...😴

2 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Friday episodes lately have been prerecorded. I'd rather see a rerun. Double zzzzzzz...😴

I think they prerecord Friday episodes in the summer so the hosts can go away for the weekend.  Joy used to have a house in Hamptons. Not sure if she still does.

• Love 1
(edited)

You know, I couldn't help thinking about the last time Whoopi was out for medical reasons a year or two ago and Joy had to moderate for a couple of weeks straight... Everyone remember how McCain would interrupt her when she would try to start the show or introduce a topic or end a topic (because McCain's a P.O.S.)? I imagine the only reason the same thing isn't happening now is because they are remote and she can be muted. That's exactly why I'm fine with this format, although, yes, I do miss McCain being booed and laughed at by the audience.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Sinéad O’Connor gave a better interview than I was expecting. Her book sounds interesting and horrifying. 

She did!  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought she handled the Prince part well.  Not sure yet what I think of it, but she answered it well.  They addressed everything well, the picture, the abuse.  Gave a good impression on what its about w/o giving it all away or the opposite.  Blah thats a lot of mushmouth just to say I'm more intrigued than i was before.  And Margafet Cho!  She was great too!  Good interviews today.  Whoopi get better soon. That sciatica is a bitch man. Ive gone thru a heck of a time with it.  And unfortunately thats one of those kind of injuries that one you do it, it never goes away.  You can manage the flare ups, but they will still happen.  Thankfully i have a chiro that rocks.  But it still flares.  If you have access to a jet bathtub or hot tub, it really helps to pound the jet in that area.  Me anyway.  Feel better!

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

We rarely get these fun moments on The View anymore; maybe the show being pre-recorded is what prevented the heiress from ruining it. "TicTac" made me crack up.

Hee!  I did too.  I'm never going to be able to call it by its name again hah

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Joy has really good taste.

We have seen pics of Sunny and Ana with Joy in the Hamptons. Guess Meghan has never gotten an invitation.

Or a lasagna. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

We have seen pics of Sunny and Ana with Joy in the Hamptons. Guess Meghan has never gotten an invitation.

and the bitch will never get an invitation...

• Love 5

On yesterday's show during one of her rants MeAgain got very upset by people attacking the military. But I think this was during the topic on CRT and the General that was shown in the clip. The only person who seemed to be attacking the military, and I am not even sure he did, he was shaking his head, was Matt Gaetz.

But it sounded like MeAgain was calling out the hosts or at least one co-host. But I had no idea why.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, bannana said:

On yesterday's show during one of her rants MeAgain got very upset by people attacking the military. But I think this was during the topic on CRT and the General that was shown in the clip. The only person who seemed to be attacking the military, and I am not even sure he did, he was shaking his head, was Matt Gaetz.

But it sounded like MeAgain was calling out the hosts or at least one co-host. But I had no idea why.

Her non-Victoria’s Secret panties are always in a bunch over something. 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Her non-Victoria’s Secret panties are always in a bunch over something. 

It's like she still works for her former employer where the normal state is faux outrage.

Outrage and indignation has become Meghan's brand.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Whoopi has stated that she doesn't want to return.

She was planning on leaving at the end of the 2015-2016 season, but felt she had to stay because of who won the election. Not veering off, she actually said this.

Yet, here she still remains. She can leave, and continue with her acting gigs.

Acting gigs ? You mean her migraine headache ads where she just smiles and nods her head - all in slow motion ? 

Maybe MegaMouth is the one giving her migraines each day, so she jumped at the chance to do the commercial without pay - just a lifetime supply of medication. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, tableau vivant said:

Acting gigs ? You mean her migraine headache ads where she just smiles and nods her head - all in slow motion ? 

Maybe MegaMouth is the one giving her migraines each day, so she jumped at the chance to do the commercial without pay - just a lifetime supply of medication. 

No. Whoopi still acts in several projects, television and movies.

• Love 3
On 6/25/2021 at 12:12 PM, ifionlyknew said:

And not once did Joy feel the need to broadcast. (heehee pun)  where she was and how wonderful it was where she was airing from. Everyone just assumed she was in the city.  You'd never have known.  She was on almost every day.  Now on the opposing  side......i don't know, not really listening....something something Loop....something something.... monuments...something something....WH....something something... Click, you're canceled.

• Love 1
On 6/25/2021 at 4:56 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. Whoopi still acts in several projects, television and movies.

Did the Stand ever air?  I think it was delayed once and then i don't know. I didn't have streaming then either so it that's the only way...that will suck. Oh I will still watch haha maybe its ok.  I've seen good streaming and very baaaaaaaad streaming.

From what I read it doesn’t sound like it was well reviewed. I was interested in watching and would even have bought a month of CBS all access until I read the comments on Primetimer. I think we have Paramount so maybe I’ll check it out when I have nothing better to watch. 

On 6/25/2021 at 4:51 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

Whoopi's IMDB page

She actually has a lot more recent acting gigs then I realized.  I knew about The Stand but wasn't aware of the others.

Oh yeeeeaaaaaaa. She's been around since i was in school in the 80s lol.  If you have time, go back and watch a comic relief, or one of her early early stand up gigs for HBO.  Would be well worth the time if they can be found.  Thats the hard part.  Whoopi would be crazy to leave The View.  She has a way good dependable salary and excellent benefits.  Comedy will have to be the side hustle now.  Nothing stable there.  She may want to do a night here and there to keep your toes wet and remind her how hard it is and then have a better appreciation for the View

8 hours ago, Haleth said:

From what I read it doesn’t sound like it was well reviewed. I was interested in watching and would even have bought a month of CBS all access until I read the comments on Primetimer. I think we have Paramount so maybe I’ll check it out when I have nothing better to watch. 

I am a Stephen King fan and it was not my fave adaptation. Not worth paying extra for it.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Not worth it at all.  I couldn't get through the first episode.  Stick with the '94 version with Gary Sinise.

The best version absolutely 

• Love 3