Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Be civil.  Political discussion is absolutely limited to what is said on the show.  Do not use this as a jumping off point to talk personal politics. 

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Feech said:

You know who won the contest?

The girl who wore the orange jumpsuit and went as Erika Jayne!

You need a podcast.  I would listen the shit out of it!  You are absolutely hilarious.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Boxing dude needs to join the cast. He was the most valuable player tonight.

Right!  He was the only person that was even remotely interesting, entertaining, funny.

• Love 7

Did someone tell Heather it was wrong of her to call Eboni articulate and that’s why she apologized? 
This season is awful. Leah sucks the life out of every episode. Can’t the woman go be with her family and give viewers a break? 
I could have liked Eboni if she was on to be a housewife and not a lesson in political correctness. The sooner this season ends the better.

• Love 19
(edited)
14 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

A 70’s pageant as a Halloween party sounded kinda interesting last week, but now that I watched it…What a sad and pathetic party.  I know it was filmed in the fall during COVID, but that “crowd”  of hired help milling around looking bored summed up the night perfectly.

Agree.   But Halloween (and any other forced fun event) we had during that time (pre-vaccine) seemed a little sad and pathetic too.    Trying to make an entertaining party with only the people in your house - who you eat, sleep, work, etc. next to everyday just fell flat by October.   We did theme dinners,  Friday Zoom Happy Hours, etc. and while it was better than non-stop binge watching in our sweats it still wasn't great. 

So keeping that we were still in the thick of it last fall I think they tried to make five days at Ramon's  into something for TV.  I think it was better than no season, but still sucked. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9

I had to FF through the pageant. Grown women dressing like fools and pretending to have a good time. I hate that shit. These women are too old for that! 

We are being punished enough with Leah, now she's dragging her sister back in to the fold. Please, no. 

I don't see much if any difference in Leah's before and after nose. Ramona looks great this season. Lu is looking gorgeous. I would kill for that thick, full head of healty shiny hair. Thank god Sonja ditched the ratty extensions from seasons past, her shorter hair looks good on her. 

It must have been very, very difficult to film in NYC during the pandemic. The footage we are subjected to is proof. Oh, well, they tried. 

• Love 15
On 6/12/2021 at 3:32 PM, Feech said:

Thank God Ramona gave the party a pass.

They would have roasted her alive.

For sure.  Particularly from Sonja whose apparent envy of Ramona's standard of living after divorce, social life, etc. seems to influence her attacks at  any opportunity despite claiming she is Ramona's friend. I can believe that Ramona escaped the city in case the election results set off protests and rioting. Ramona strikes me as a pragmatist. Considering everything that went down last year in combination with the heightened tension of the election and Covid frustrations it wasn't a stretch to imagine the chaos that could have happened.  They weren't boarding up businesses for nothing.  Even if she wasn't unsafe within her immediate neighborhood, events could have kept her from venturing out.  Why not take advantage of waiting it out in that beautiful home in the Hamptons. I would have done the same thing under her circumstances.

5 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I guess Eboni and Leah think they're helping poor poor Sonja out, but they're really enabling someone who is a toxic friend.

Leah will side with anyone who is against Ramona.  I think she sees believes herself to be the new queen of this franchise and wants the OG gone and replaced, probably with her sister being first in line.  From what we've seen, Sonja's loyalty is to herself and she will side with whomever she believes will benefit her most, particularly since it appears she is most in need of the Bravo paycheck and associated perks. I have no doubt that producers do most of the steering of this ship.  At this point Leah appears to be a gamble that is not paying off.  I visit a lot of sites online and the support she had last year is essentially gone.  Posters are disliking her and and not in the "love to hate" way.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, Feech said:

I hope Ramona is smart enough to take a pass on all of Eboni’s activities.

She would be making a mistake in showing up for the next one.

Yes, and LuAnn looked uncomfortable at Ebonys house as the conversation was the same.  I have zero respect for Sonja after she constantly was throwing Ramona under the bus and talking like an idiot showing off for Ebony and friends.  Ebony has a platform .. it’s obvious.  Why does it have to be on a show we once enjoyed?  Enough already.  There’s a time and place.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I had to FF through the pageant. Grown women dressing like fools and pretending to have a good time. I hate that shit. These women are too old for that! 

We are being punished enough with Leah, now she's dragging her sister back in to the fold. Please, no. 

I don't see much if any difference in Leah's before and after nose. Ramona looks great this season. Lu is looking gorgeous. I would kill for that thick, full head of healty shiny hair. Thank god Sonja ditched the ratty extensions from seasons past, her shorter hair looks good on her. 

It must have been very, very difficult to film in NYC during the pandemic. The footage we are subjected to is proof. Oh, well, they tried. 

That was a last minute rush job.  They’ve exhausted every other place to go.  There’s only so many places you can go in the Hamptons to film, and they had to wrap it up quickly.  Leah’s sister has zero personality.  Doubt they will take her.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She also had time to get a nose job.  I mean, that's surgery with healing, etc.  THAT she has time for?  At least she admits it, I guess.

Honestly, I didn't see much difference at all in her nose. She must be real insecure about herself because she looks the same as last season. I guess there are cosmetic surgeons out there that will do anything to make a buck. If she wants to make a improvement on her appearance how about getting a stylist and stop buying your clothes from Fredericks of Hollywood.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

It's a shame to see Sonja's treatment of Ramona. Ramona loves Sonja, considers her one of her best friends. I may have a short memory but I don't remember Ramona dragging Sonja behind her back or even to her face. Sonja is a terrible friend and Ramona puts up with her shit.  She treated Tinsley the same way. Jealousy has taken over Sonja. She's jealous of both Ramona and Lu because they didn't piss away their divorce money the way she did and I think she was jealous of Tinsley for the same reason.  

Couldn't agree more. Sonja has always been dismissive and judgemental about all of these women. Many seasons ago she would brag about all of her jet set friends and how great they were...it was annoying and hurtful to Ramona in particular who went out of her way to be a good friend to Sonja as much as it is possible to do so. Ramona always cuts Sonja alot of slack and at times almost enables Sonja's drunken behaviors but it's not coming from a bad place. Sonja was viscerally crappy to Tinsley...Tinsley could never do anything right...ever. And she was so jealous of Tinsley on every level. She was mean and nasty...the worst was when Sonja and Tinsley's mom would tag team Tinsley with a barrage of criticisms and negative remarks...cringeworthy

• Love 22

“Ebony has a platform .. it’s obvious.  Why does it have to be on a show we once enjoyed?  Enough already.  There’s a time and place.”

I think this is a fine time and place for it. I think Eboni is a good addition to the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

“I don't believe it's Eboni's platform, it's her actual life and her life experiences. Being a WOC isn't a platform. If the others were more aware, she wouldn't have to explain things. 

Sure she signed up for the show, but dang, I'd think (hope) at their collective ages and life experiences the others would have more of a clue. Casting a WOC has made it the time and place.”

Amen to all of that.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't mind Eboni talking about race issues considering it was during BLM and the elections, I think it's natural that she wants to talk about that especially with these women. Do I think she's lecturing? Maybe a little, but I don't fault her for speaking about it. Having said all that, and this is not just targeting her, I want her to have fun! I enjoyed her interactions with her friends and I'd like her to interact more with the other women, not just Leah. But I guess that will happen as the season progresses. 

I didn't like the narrative that Leah and Eboni are pushing regarding Sonja, I don't think LuAnn and Ramona dump on her, I think Sonja gives as good as she gets and I'd even say that she usually starts the mess, she just can't finish it. 

Was it me or was LuAnn annoyed that Leah's sister was there? I think I heard a hint of annoyance at Lu's "oh, your sister's coming" or whatever she said. 

And Leah? You're not Carrie Bradshaw, Carole came closer and even she failed miserably. 

Edited by charliesan
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

I am about 10 minutes in and this is the most jacked up party I think I have seen.  I want to hide out of embarrassment.  These women have no pride or shame.  They cleaned house with OC, they need to clean house with this one.  Busted.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

When Leah said that Heather is aggressive during Heather’s BE Aggressive cheer, my jaw HIT THE FLOOR. That’s a pretty serious lack of self awareness, Leah.

Edited by Mar
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15

Eboni Said that she misspoke when she told Leah that Heather said it was irresponsible not to vote. Eboni, did you also “misspeak”when you told Leah that Luanne called you an angry black woman?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Seems to me that Bravo is slowly getting rid of the veterans and putting in new.  Leah’s family, Ebony’s friends.

That will be the end for me. I'm already one foot out the door of my favourite HW show. Leah is too much never mind adding her horrid sister and that stupid untrained dog.  And I am still not sure about Eboni but wish she'd lighten up, let others finish their sentences and quit lecturing. Shame.

2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It's a shame to see Sonja's treatment of Ramona. Ramona loves Sonja, considers her one of her best friends. I may have a short memory but I don't remember Ramona dragging Sonja behind her back or even to her face. Sonja is a terrible friend and Ramona puts up with her shit.  She treated Tinsley the same way. Jealousy has taken over Sonja. She's jealous of both Ramona and Lu because they didn't piss away their divorce money the way she did and I think she was jealous of Tinsley for the same reason.  

Exactly.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Mar said:

I was really hoping that Ramona would do her infamous runway walk when she walked onto the stage

A127F45B-D251-45C1-9605-AA26764AE7C6.jpeg

Lol she’s learned since then. I really thought she was going to win, I loved her push-ups. 

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I've wondered how much of a hand Bravo/production has in encouraging Eboni to insert these educational opportunities and if they've egged her on to bring up racial issues wherever possibly. If they've pushed for some of these more forced feeling moments in the season, then I am sympathetic to her because she should just have been allowed to come on and be herself.

There are times when I've completely understood where Eboni was coming from. The articulate comment from Heather? I had my share of the exact same thing, so it is eyeroll worthy. The pageant speech OTOH felt forced and the total opposite of light hearted fun. Maybe I'd get it if this had been a real pageant but it was supposed to be an opportunity for the women to have fun and maybe be a little silly.

I had similar feelings when Eboni brought up the emancipation proclamation because Ramona brought up the fact that she was being inconsiderate of the group by being late. I can personally relate to Eboni's hair issues but what I can't relate to is her making it seem like hair situation gives her a right to be late and inconsiderate about other people's time. If I know I need to be somewhere then I get up early so that I'll be on time. I don't act like a person didn't get the memo on slavery being over because they had the nerve to expect me to be on time. 

I also really didn't care for her comment about not usually fooling with white women. There was no reason to phrase it that way. My first rule is to treat other people the way I'd want to be treated and no group wants to hear about why a person chooses to typically not hang out with them because they're [insert group].

I haven't made up my mind about whether or not she's a good addition. I want to like her. (I always want to like the newbies.) There are moments where I totally get where she's coming from. Then there are these unnecessary moments where she forces race into the conversation in a way that doesn't feel organic. 

I'm glad that there is a WOC on the show, I think I'd just like to see her have a little more fun with this opportunity and a little less time trying to educate people, particularly if the situation doesn't call for a lesson or re-education.

I 99.9% believe production is pushing it. Idk if you watch rhobh, but Garcelle has been on two seasons and has had a fraction of the same type of conversations. I also wonder if Eboni is trying to make the most of her voice on Bravo? If so, I get it. She may feel some pressure to speak on things while she can. I hope she can have more fun, too. I've seen her have fun when they did Luann's 'trip' -besides the Sonja meltdown dinner- and had fun at Ramona's Tiffany's evening, and she was having fun at the pageant. She might not be willing to let it all hang out like the others do/have, but that's ok! IMO she would seem pretty tame on any of the HW shows.

Yes, some things didn't feel organic at all, unlike this episode's breakfast chat I referenced. They film, what 40+ hours that gets distilled to one episode? I bet there's a lot of material that could be chosen. What's shown is Bravo's choices. I believe this is where some of the inorganic feels are coming from.

The fooling with white women comment didn't bother me, I thought it was funny, but I've heard it a lot over my life. Besides, seeing that she's had to explain things each episode, I get it, LOL.
  Her TH about the emancipation proclamation I found funny, too. To me, Eboni saying that would be like one of the other ladies pointing to their heavily made up face, professionally done hair and fancy outfit saying "Do you know how long this takes?" Plus, aren't most of the women habitually late? I remember Bethenny resorting to preordering food while waiting and waiting for the rest of the cast to show up. 
I'm kinda wondering if cultural differences are at play and getting toss-away comments misconstrued? Please freely correct me if I'm wrong here..

Leah is the messiest of messes and not enjoyable to watch for me at all. Between her vocal fry and her hysterics, I can't stand it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I feel like I am watching Cancel Carl on TicToc.  I think most people go along to get along; I was not aware calling a black person "articulate" was a microagression when the correct term is "eloquent."  In asking Siri about the words, Keng Lee (Asian?) considers them synonymous but with subtleties.  He believes articulate implies forcefulness and eloquent implies stylishness.  I don't know.  But I do think that we are reaching far to create conflict.  Nice job, Bravo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I really hate when Sonja does the overly animated, loud, high pitched voice thing.

This, a thousand times. She is playing it up for the camera because she thinks it’s funny.

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

They film, what 40+ hours that gets distilled to one episode? I bet there's a lot of material that could be chosen. What's shown is Bravo's choices. I believe this is where some of the inorganic feels are coming from.

I actually never thought of that.   This makes really good sense.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

I know nothing about baton twirling.  All I was focusing on was her muscle tone.  And contemplating taking up baton twirling.

I'm a little nervous to state this opinion: 

I would like to see Martin the Boxer and Sonja, in a romantic relationship.   Not sure if it would be healthy for him, but I think I would be immensely entertained.

As long as he agreed to start wearing a shirt with a pochette.

• LOL 4

9 minutes ago, albarino said:

I feel like I am watching Cancel Carl on TicToc.  I think most people go along to get along; I was not aware calling a black person "articulate" was a microagression when the correct term is "eloquent."  In asking Siri about the words, Keng Lee (Asian?) considers them synonymous but with subtleties.  He believes articulate implies forcefulness and eloquent implies stylishness.  I don't know.  But I do think that we are reaching far to create conflict.  Nice job, Bravo.

Now that you know, because it isn't only Eboni who feels this, are you receiving it and willing to use a different word?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Rorysmom said:

Now that you know, because it isn't only Eboni who feels this, are you receiving it and willing to use a different word?

I'm not sure.  It is a word in the English language with very positive connotations.  As a white person I would not be offended if I were characterized as articulate and I don't consider the word patronizing (BTW, I'm not very articulate).  Eboni does consider it patronizing.  Since we are being honest, I hate the idea that certain words, like articulate, are now considered racist.  Can't keep up to be honest.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Maximona said:

Looked kludgey to me, too.

Why, I could do that, I thought—adding "baton twirling" to my list of Tips for Real Housewives Audition Tape.

On the other hand, I certainly could not do 40 pushups, so kudos to Ramona.

Ramona is a year older than I am, and she is in amazing shape!!!  Her arms are super toned (without looking all sinewy like Bethenny).  She doesn't have to worry about her arm still waving to someone ten minutes after her hand stops.  

I think I could do MAYBE 5-8 pushups on a good day.  I think I need to pull my hand weights out of the bottom of the closet, blow the dust off them and get started.  Maybe if I work really hard, I'll be half as toned as Ramona in a year!!  Covid has definitely taken it's toll on me - I got so Covid-lazy!!  

As far as Luann's baton "twirling" - she was only kind of, sort of, twirling.  There were some simple arm twirls, but no, she wasn't twirling it between her fingers.  I'm thinking that Luann may have been a drum majorette in high school.  Our high school band had drum majorettes who did a lot of what Luann was doing, but we also had a baton twirling squad that was amazing.  They even twirled fire batons!!!  

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, OdinO. said:

I think Eboni has the beauty advantage. She is very, very pretty. 

Seriously, she's so striking.  Sometimes there will be a certain angle and I'll be caught off guard by how nice she looks.

I feel like "eloquent" and "articulate" are the same micro-aggression.  Heather calling Eboni either reads the same to me.  I feel bad for Heather that no one has taken her aside to explain this to her.  I really wonder if Puffy etc. were really just her employers and not at all her "friends".  If so, your employers aren't always going to be close enough to tell you things like that.  If they were all so close and she really knew everything she would know better.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I think I could do MAYBE 5-8 pushups on a good day.  I think I need to pull my hand weights out of the bottom of the closet, blow the dust off them and get started.  Maybe if I work really hard, I'll be half as toned as Ramona in a year!!  Covid has definitely taken it's toll on me - I got so Covid-lazy!!

Same!  I'm about a decade younger than Ramona but she inspired me to stop using the pandemic as an excuse and pull out some never-used hand weights from the garage.  I know some people that are in better shape after the last 15 months but I went the other direction.  

Finally, something useful from Ramona, hehehe. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Same!  I'm about a decade younger than Ramona but she inspired me to stop using the pandemic as an excuse and pull out some never-used hand weights from the garage.  I know some people that are in better shape after the last 15 months but I went the other direction. 

Completely off topic but check out a Pure Barre in your area; the first visit is free.  Your arms will get toned in no time (and I am a customer with no financial affiliation to the franchise) so will the rest of your body.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Finally, something useful from Ramona, hehehe. 

I was so impressed too with her arms!  Inspired too!

• Love 5

What's going on with Leah's boobs in that one talking head where her new additions are fully on display?  They look like they are fused together and almost look like rubber.  Plus her skin looks so pale and pasty and I'm sure she thinks she looks sexy but it's really quite the opposite.  Did her Orthodox rabbi approve of this not-so-modest look?  She has really ruined this show for me.  Goodbye, Leah.  And take your miserable sister with you too.

• LOL 7
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, malibu said:

What's going on with Leah's boobs in that one talking head where her new additions are fully on display?  They look like they are fused together and almost look like rubber.  

I noticed that too!!!  😆

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, malibu said:

What's going on with Leah's boobs in that one talking head where her new additions are fully on display?  They look like they are fused together and almost look like rubber.  Plus her skin looks so pale and pasty and I'm sure she thinks she looks sexy but it's really quite the opposite.  Did her Orthodox rabbi approve of this not-so-modest look?  She has really ruined this show for me.  Goodbye, Leah.  And take your miserable sister with you too.

I noticed that too.  There are a couple of other housewives on other franchises that have that same problem with their breasts.  Maybe it is something that is common with augmentations?  I can't speak personally on this - I've never had one.

But, it's such an unnatural look.  

16 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I was so impressed too with her arms!  Inspired too!

I would love for Ramona to do a Youtube on her arm workout.  I bet she would get a lot of views!!  

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Seriously, she's so striking.  Sometimes there will be a certain angle and I'll be caught off guard by how nice she looks.

I feel like "eloquent" and "articulate" are the same micro-aggression.  Heather calling Eboni either reads the same to me.  I feel bad for Heather that no one has taken her aside to explain this to her.  I really wonder if Puffy etc. were really just her employers and not at all her "friends".  If so, your employers aren't always going to be close enough to tell you things like that.  If they were all so close and she was really bout it she would know better.

It was pretty cringy and I'm surprised that know it all Heather didn't know that was patronizing.

8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I noticed that too!!!  😆

Her breasts are way too close together! Did she pay for them?

I think Leah's sister looks strung out and harsh. Lose the heavy bang. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I guess I'm the only one who wasn't impressed with Ramona's pushups.  To me, it isn't a pushup unless your chest gets a LOT closer to the floor than hers was.  She was doing little dips, which are MUCH easier than lowering your torso all the way down and getting it back up. 

• Love 12