Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Be civil.  Political discussion is absolutely limited to what is said on the show.  Do not use this as a jumping off point to talk personal politics. 

• Start Topic

After the ladies compete in Luann’s 70’s inspired Halloween pageant, Leah receives devastating news about her grandma. Back in the city, Ramona reviews her real estate skills, while Leah and Eboni help Sonja learn to land a punch. Eboni hosts an election party where talk of Ramona’s Instagram makes up for her absence.

Mod note:  The episode will include an election watching party.  Please stick to discussing what is said on the show.  We are not debating the election, politics, political parties or politicians.  

Original air date 2021.06.15

• Love 4

Well, I am curious about these costumes and the “talent.” Are they trying to look like specific famous pageant contestants? Who decided which “talent” each woman “performs”? Leah seems happy with the hula hoops. Ramona seems lost.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, Feech said:

Thank God Ramona gave the party a pass.

They would have roasted her alive.

Good to know Ramona doesn't go. I have been to an election night party, but all of us had voted for the same person. Not sure about this group, I kind of doubt Lu or Sonja bother to vote, but I could be wrong. Of course, even if they are all in complete agreement, if Leah's there it will just turn into a screaming match, AKA any episode if RHONY. I will record so I can fast forward through most of it.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 5

Carrying over from the live chat @statsgirl“would have been funnier if she was wearing it when Sonja came in the door and promptly said “I party with John-John and Madonna.”

….and then proceeded to hand Sonja a John Quincy Adams mask and powdered wig. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Carrying over from the live chat @statsgirl“would have been funnier if she was wearing it when Sonja came in the door and promptly said “I party with John-John and Madonna.”

….and then proceeded to hand Sonja a John Quincy Adams mask and powdered wig. 

D.E.A.D.!!!

• LOL 2
(edited)

Idk what Victoria was paid or going for with these gigs but it didn’t happen for her. Not good.

Sonja won hands down she made me laugh so hard. 

Ramona served breakfast on her 1995 Villeroy and Boch French Garden pattern I guarantee it was from her wedding registry . 

I love Martin . I want a camera to film him for 24 hours. And I miss Tinsdale. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Leah is too thirsty 

Eboni could be a fun person if she would stop lecturing everyone.  Didn't like it when Bethenny did that.

Heather is smart to flee

Sonja can be reasonable, yet delusional.

Luann is still bitter 

Ramona is..well...Ramona 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

I am sorry for Leah’s family’s loss, but I still hate Leah.  If she was so heartbroken over the pending death of her beloved grandmother, she should have been at the hospital and not ruining the Hamptons.  The fact that she wasn’t at her grandmother’s bedside convinces me that Leah’s mother and other family members told Leah to keep her toxic attitude and her stupid gloved outfits the hell away from granny. And Leah’s sister seems like a brunette version of Leah angst and poison. What the Hell was Leah wearing at the election party??  Her sense of style is lost on me.

She also had time to get a nose job.  I mean, that's surgery with healing, etc.  THAT she has time for?  At least she admits it, I guess.

• Love 6

Sonja, with friends like her who needs enemies. 

Dressed like Morticia Addams?  No...dressed like an attention seeking asshole. The best scene this episode was the ladies having breakfast at Ramona's house...without Leah.

• Love 22

I find Andy odd with his fascination with women tearing each other apart and degrading themselves.

But I do think he is good enough to have given Leah time off for her grandmother's last days and grieving.

• Love 4

Leah always manages to say something jaw dropping per episode. This time is was that she is a problem solver. WTF? A problem creator, absolutely. I love how narcissists see themselves in a totally delusional way.

Ramona looked lovely in her THs. 

Is it the way the show is edited, or does Sonja go from normal (for Sonja) to BSC in a matter of seconds? She isn't even entertaining in her ramblings anymore. 

All in all, not a terribly entertaining episode. As someone posted upthread, the best part was breaky at Ramona's after Leah left. Less Leah is always a bonus. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Andy hates women.  He likes that they make him rich.  He is entertained by then tearing each other apart, he LOVES when they degrade themselves.  He also make sure that they know who is boss.  He’s disgusting.  

Indeed. They're his Barbie dolls.  It is like some kind of repressed resentment that no one let him play with them as a kid, plus a bit of a mean streak he has in general. This is his grown up version of playing Barbies and cutting their hair all off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

What a boring episode.

That tutu netting tied to leather jeans really was a downtown fashion statement that failed, as do all of Leah's outfits that she's worn on the show.   

They showed a lot of B roll of NYC pre pandemic streets purporting to be current with the filming of the show.  NYC was absolutely empty in those days, no crowds anywhere on the street.  I found it interesting that Ramona voted in Southampton, meaning that's her official residence.  No New York City taxes for Ramona.  Wonder if that has been her official residence all along. 

Leah's dog was disgusting at Eboni's.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

I kinda wish Leah's grandma had died about 70 years ago.  Painlessly, of course!

But before she could give life to whichever one of Leah's parents she birthed.

Because a world without Leah is a better place for everyone.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I would have loved to see Natalie's thought bubble during Sonja's Walk the Walk rant. I guess Eboni and Leah think they're helping poor poor Sonja out, but they're really enabling someone who is a toxic friend.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Marley said:

This show sucks so bad now. I’ve been rewatching past seasons so watching this season is just sad how shitty the show has become.

I don’t know what the fuck that pageant was supposed to be but of course stupid Leah won.

All Eboni seems to do is lecture. No thanks.

It’s like they are trying to get Leahs sister on the show and that is a hard pass for me.

There goes Sonja drunk rambling on. She is so annoying and needs help. She was talking weird at the dumb party too.

Its funny I just rewatched an episode a few days ago of this show with an election party Carole was throwing and it was so much better then this garbage.

Seems to me that Bravo is slowly getting rid of the veterans and putting in new.  Leah’s family, Ebony’s friends.

• Love 4

I'm so glad Eboni has been added. I think she can bring the housewives fun and some awareness to the mix. I will give her a bit of a "lecture" pass this season because she is the first black woman whose experience none of these ladies know in any way other than what they hear on the news or "news" or through their charitable works.

Truly, the full black experience lives outside of the status quo experience, and it would do everyone well to just listen because they don't know it. If you want to have genuine friendships with a black person/people, you have simply got to do this.

Generally speaking, in the black community,  there is a lot of pent up anxiety, frustration, hurt, and feelings of betrayal from people we thought were our friends only to find out that friendship only goes to the edge of their comfort and, yes, privilege. 

And not for nothing, this was happening at the height of the election madness? Props to Eboni for that ALONE.

• Love 23

I didn't care enough to rewind and I don't expect any of you to sit through that torture again, but was Luann actually twirling the baton?  It looked like she was just moving her wrists and spinning it and not working it through her fingers.  I'm sure I'm not explaining it right, but it just looked like she wasn't doing it the proper way.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Maximona said:

I kinda wish Leah's grandma had died about 70 years ago.  Painlessly, of course!

Some things really can be kept to oneself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
33 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

it just looked like she wasn't doing it the proper way.

Looked kludgey to me, too.

Why, I could do that, I thought—adding "baton twirling" to my list of Tips for Real Housewives Audition Tape.

On the other hand, I certainly could not do 40 pushups, so kudos to Ramona.

Edited by Maximona
  • Love 9
(edited)

Wonder if she takes Tupperware to the filming locations?

If she did she probably wouldn't be shoveling it down her mouth like her life depended on it.

I imagine at home her diet consists of insta-ramen noodles and crackers.

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I didn't care enough to rewind and I don't expect any of you to sit through that torture again, but was Luann actually twirling the baton?  It looked like she was just moving her wrists and spinning it and not working it through her fingers.  I'm sure I'm not explaining it right, but it just looked like she wasn't doing it the proper way.

I thought that was actually funny and for a second wondered if the pageant thing might be cute and fun. Stupid me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I know nothing about baton twirling.  All I was focusing on was her muscle tone.  And contemplating taking up baton twirling.

I'm a little nervous to state this opinion: 

I would like to see Martin the Boxer and Sonja, in a romantic relationship.   Not sure if it would be healthy for him, but I think I would be immensely entertained.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Maximona said:

Oooh… bit harsh! I like to snark here but I wouldn’t think any of these howives are that bad to wish they hadn’t been born 😞

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

No twirling was ever seen during this episode.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Missed an important word
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

That "pageant" though. I agree with @BusyOctober that the party was pathetic and this was emphasized by how bored the staff looked as they were standing there watching the event go on. 

I really wish that Eboni could just chill the hell out every so often. She can't even have fun at this silly little pageant party. She has to turn it into this thing where everyone has to listen to how she's more challenged in life than everyone else because of her race. It made me cringe that she had to again go back to the racial well on this one instead of just attempting to have fun like everyone else. It's so odd to me (and maybe ironic) that as a POC viewer I'm supposed to feel representation via Eboni and I find myself frequently cringing during moments like the above. Not every moment needs to be turned into an opportunity to talk about racial issues. 

Annoyed that Luann let Leah "win". Even more annoyed that Leah didn't just skip the pageant and head home to see her grandmother. She would have been doing everyone including the viewers a big favor if she'd opted out of the Hamptons trip. 

I wish the election party had been a little more festive looking. There were no decorations, no amazing looking food, no fun fashion (save maybe Sonja), etc. It was boring as hell, so Ramona wasn't exactly missing out. I like it when the women give their parties a little extra flair. 

I lol'd when Luann said "I used to be a happy drunk with [Sonja]." Also giggled at Sonja stuffing her face as usual. She never misses an opportunity when it comes to free food. 

Thank you for this! I am all about racial equality and empowering POC and women in general, but it is all about race, all the time, with Eboni. 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I know nothing about baton twirling.  All I was focusing on was her muscle tone.  And contemplating taking up baton twirling.

I'm a little nervous to state this opinion: 

I would like to see Martin the Boxer and Sonja, in a romantic relationship.   Not sure if it would be healthy for him, but I think I would be immensely entertained.

Platonic would work for me… anything to wake up this incarnation of Real Housewives please!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know why some of the housewives freaked out that Eboni did spoken word.  I've watched those Miss USA pageants as a kid and don't they all have that element?  "I wish for world peace" or whatever?  They all have to answer questions at some point, right?  Pageants like that were never just about bathing suits and baton twirling so I don't know why everyone got bent out of shape.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11