Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Be civil.  Political discussion is absolutely limited to what is said on the show.  Do not use this as a jumping off point to talk personal politics. 

• Start Topic

Ramona has been a much better friend to Sonja than Sonja has ever been. She’s insanely jealous of just about everyone that’s been on the show that she gets nasty and irrational. She got extremely riled up about Ramona posting photos of herself with Eboni saying she’s using them as “handbags” is laughable since she used to parade around referring to “her gays”. 
I cracked up when Eboni’s friend finally got up in disgust. Sonja makes a fool of herself in almost every episode and the last thing she needs is to posse up with that harridan Leah. 
I wish I had half the composure of Eboni. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, I'm 64 and just dropped to the floor and did 35 Ramona pushups, at which point I was getting winded and my wrists were hurting.  But...I've been sitting on the couch for the entirety of Covid, doing no exercise at all other than walking from my car to the grocery store a couple of times a week.  I'm certain that Ramona has kept up her full fitness regimen.

Those shallow push-ups really aren't hard at all.  Try it.  You might impress yourself.

Yeah, I don't think so. I am bottom strong. Never been able to do many standard push ups and I was a gymnast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, OdinO. said:

Yeah, I don't think so. I am bottom strong. Never been able to do many standard push ups and I was a gymnast.

Aah, but Ramona's aren't standard push-ups. 

But as another data point, I couldn't do a chin-up to save my life.  The most that happens is I hang there with straight arms and grunt and grimace, with no movement whatsoever.  I don't have a chinning bar these days, but I probably could start at the top and drop down a little bit, like have my nose level with the chinning bar, and come back up.  I wouldn't consider it a chin-up, but Ramona probably would.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Both Ramona  and Sonja are horrible friends to each other because they are horrible people. Remember when Sonja was begging for invites to Dorinda’s place and to Bethenny’s tequila tour of Mexico? Ramona didn’t defend her or ask her to be invited. Lu and production intervened. I mean I get it, Sonja can be horrific, hey are are both toxic individuals but to suggest that Ramona has always had Sonja’s back is rewriting history. When they are on the same level of intoxication they also team up against someone else.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7

I am 65 and could never do push ups even in my best days. Not about to trash talk Ramona  for her exercise form or body. I only wish I looked like her and find it amusing that she is being bad mouthed here for her pushups.

• Love 15
On 6/17/2021 at 1:15 AM, lawrbk said:

I totally agree. Ramona has her faults but Sonja is no friend and eboni and Leah can shut up. Sonja has been ragging on Ramona at least back to the season Mario and Ramona split. Sonja had to interject HER feelings about her own marriage like there was any similarity. This episode was just more of the same. And she’s starting up with Lu again. She usually ping pongs between Ramona and Lu but since she’s got Leah and Eboni this season she can be nasty to/about both of them. Sonja has some good qualities but loyalty isn’t one of them. 

I am so glad you posted this.  When Sonja was loaded in the restaurant and went berserk over JP Morgan/Chase, she kept telling Ramona that she hated her.  Those are strong words drunk or not.  For several seasons I’ve seen Sonja flip flop friends to whomever suits her needs. Bethenny during the Cartagena season and Dorinda during the Bully Tinsley season.  Now It will be Leah and Ebony because they want to build her up and boost her ego.  This year Sonja has been particularly nasty to Ramona.  Weren’t Sonja and Ramona once close friends?  Friendships ebb and flow, I just miss the fun times on this show.

• Love 18
10 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

Enjoyed all the comments.  I deleted the episode without watching it.  I think I’m done.

I’m right there with ya.  I usually didn’t ever watch “live,” anyway.  So I come here and read the comments and then decide if I want to watch the episode or not.  For the last 3 weeks it’s been a no from me, dawg.  I just don’t need all that arguing and yelling and rage(Leah) in my life.  

• Love 14

I don't think that Eboni has any particular agenda towards Ramona. She seemed to be willing to take at face value that Ramona posted her picture - she wasn't making any claims that Ramona has an agenda, that was all Sonja and Leah (with a bit of an assist from Lu).

Sonja makes me laugh about her rant about performing for a cause. From where I sit, that is ALL that Sonja does - she treats her LGBTQIA friends as if they are objects to make her look better.  Ramona does that, too, I am sure, but Sonja is no better IMO. 

• Love 10

Ramona was forced to post those photos of the new “friend of the Housewives” by production. She is not Ramona’s friend just like Eboni was not Leah’s friend and Tinsley was not Sonja’s friend.

After this Ramona should realize that Sonja is not her friend.

When you take a lifeguard course they tell you to be careful when you go to help someone who is drowning because they can drag you down with them. Sonja is drowning right now. By all means throw her a life line but don’t get in the water with her. She will pull you down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)

Sonja is a narcissistic alcoholic living in the past still. Like ppl said she’s mad because Luann and Ramona aren’t drowning in debt like her. She’s gross and should not judge anyone. She has unpaid interns so she doesn’t feel lonely and it’s gross. She thinks so high of herself and is playing up the wackiness even more because she thinks she’s this lovable eccentric character. She couldn’t even properly be a trophy wife.

Eboni and Leah acting like Sonja is some hard done by person is annoying. Eboni doesn’t even know anything about them and she’s just decided this? Sonja is not a good person and needs therapy and treatment.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 21
Just now, Marley said:

Eboni and Leah acting like Sonja is some hard done by person is annoying. Eboni doesn’t even know anything about them snd she’s just decided this? Sonja is not a good person and needs therapy and treatment.

This is just one of the many, many things that Eboni and Leah are wrong about.

But then again they are wrong for this show so I guess we can’t blame them.

• Love 7

I enjoy Eboni, wish they'd drop Leah, I think Ramona looks great, but damn I have always wanted LuAnn's body. Everything looks effortless on her. 

Sonja stunned me with her "you can't just turn the page - you've got to read the page first!" comment. Very well put! 

• Love 13
(edited)
On 6/20/2021 at 6:54 PM, PDXlulu said:

Does it bother anyone else that they stole the name of this episode from Superior Donuts?

It was season 2, episode 8.

No because we are probably the only two people who watched both shows and I didn’t think that title was original at the time it was used on SD because the phrase has been used before.

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Eboni is a television broadcaster why wouldn't she be articulate? I've never heard an adult white person compliment another adult white person on being articulate. It's a shady kind of complement to get because it always comes with surprise that one is articulate.

Leah is such a raging asshole.  Keeping it real, doesn't make you a jerk; being a jerk makes you a jerk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Adgirl said:

I've never heard an adult white person compliment another adult white person on being articulate.

I (an adult white person) apply the term “articulate” to other adult white people all the time.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I (an adult white person) apply the term “articulate” to other adult white people all the time.

"apply" doesn't sound like a say out loud compliment as what happened here.  Is it on your list of go to compliments like "nice outfit" or "great hair day"?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I generally use the term to say Mr./Ms. X or Y articulated the Department's position to a Member of Congress (or whatever constituency) regarding XYZ quite well.  I think my go-to term is well-spoken if I'm mentioning it.  Some people are just very well-spoken; I always hope to learn a thing or two by listening to them.  

We need a new episode. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Adgirl said:
11 hours ago, TomGirl said:

"apply" doesn't sound like a say out loud compliment as what happened here.  Is it on your list of go to compliments like "nice outfit" or "great hair day"?

Most of the time I’d probably use the word when commenting to someone on a third person, e.g. “I enjoy watching so-and-so on the news because she’s very articulate.”  I wouldn’t shy away from using it as a “say out loud” compliment, but would probably be more likely to say something like, “You expressed that really well” or “You explained that really clearly.”

Yes, we need a new episode!  And BTW, I despise Leah, too!

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Most of the time I’d probably use the word when commenting to someone on a third person, e.g. “I enjoy watching so-and-so on the news because she’s very articulate.”

I promise this is my last post on the word "articulate."  Last night my husband (who has some hearing issues--Mil Pilot) mentioned one of our local news commentators was quite articulate.  I ran away before I could be banned but he meant the commentator was very deliberately pronouncing words so my husband could hear and understand them.  Interesting to me such a word has so many connotations.  Cheers to all.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, albarino said:

I generally use the term to say Mr./Ms. X or Y articulated the Department's position to a Member of Congress (or whatever constituency) regarding XYZ quite well.  

Right! Conveying complex information in a succinct, clear way is a skill.  Putting it this way compliments the skill. 

Anyway as long as we're united on Leah's terribleness...

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

My dvr records the “bonus” episodes that are on before the new episode.  I deleted it so it won’t record. Who would want to watch that a second time?

I fast forward until I see the tag in the upper left corner that it's a "bonus scene" and then just watch those parts.

• Love 4
On 6/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, TomGirl said:

My uncle told me this awhile ago, like he’s shocked how I can not sound like an idiot even though I am not properly educated (in his eyes.) His kids are the picture of privilege and $$ I had to learn it on the streets! 

On 6/17/2021 at 5:59 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Side note, about 12 years ago I bought a car for my son and before we actually bought it the owner volunteered to take it to a local garage for a safety check and to see if there were any issues that might change our mind about the purchase, it was put on the lift while we stood there, the mechanic mentioned it might need new brakes sooner rather than later, etc...I tried to negotiate a lower price to which the car seller told me, "don't try and Jew me down," I was shocked, speechless...this man was black and stood there like he said nothing wrong, (I am Jewish), he had no idea that what he said was offensive, unbelievable.  

My hippie mom, who was very engaged in political activism to the point that she made life-changing sacrifices in the last 25 years of her life for what she believed in--and is the person I admired most because of it--used that term several years ago when she was in her early 70s. I was shocked and called her on it. She was born in 1937 and had grown up with her family using it and for some reason it never, ever occurred to her to really think about the context and what it conveyed. There were never indications that my grandparents had used any other racial slurs. It startled and disturbed her to realize the impact of her saying that and she said I was totally right and that she, of all people, should have been better than that. 

• Love 3
On 6/17/2021 at 8:04 AM, Boo Boo said:

It's moments like these that make me love Ramona forever.

Holy cow, you get a huge scar like that from a lift?  Aren't our surgeons much better these days?

I've debated getting breast implants for years. I came across lift photos in the before and after galleries, and I remember being shocked seeing the scars on reputable surgeons web sites. I don't know if those scars eventually fade, if technique has improved the last for years, or if women figure the scars are worth it so long as their breasts are lifted. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1