Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

In Part 1 of The Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion, the ladies revisit the season’s hottest moments. Drew and Kenya hash out an online feud, Porsha’s activism is highlighted, and Ralph finally addresses who – or what – was in Tampa.

Airdate: 04.25.2021

Well, just like the season, this reunion was just lame and not entertaining in the least.

Of course Andy likes Ralph, them both seem to have a healthy dislike and lack of respect for women.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 20

Ugh Ralph is the Joe Gorga of RHOA. This means he’s going to be around for a while. Ralph is such a damn liar too omg.

Riley sucks. Her money bleh.

Can’t believe I agree with Kenya but Drew should not have had her son have that meeting on the show. Drew should be blasted for that. Drew needs to go away. Drew thinks too high of her husband. Her marriage is perfect in gods eyes like what? Lol so lame.

Love Kandi and her doubting the story. Such a joke story.

These bitches still using those dumb face shields lol.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Kenya is such a miserable person. She does not belong on this show because she really doesn’t like other women. She leaves Kandi alone but has taken plenty of digs at Cynthia thru the years.  She thinks her relationship can’t compare to Porsha’s because she is married and Porsha wasn’t ?🤣 That’s hilarious given how much her HUSBAND hated and humiliated her on camera.

The Color Purple called and they want the "I is married, now" back.

She still wears a ring because she respects marriage...even though she is getting divorced?

Kenya has no idea of what a marriage is or what a healthy relationship is supposed to look like. Marc obviously wants nothing to do with her and can't wait to never see her again.

In real marriages, your husband does not make you stay in a hotel when you visit him in New York. He also will probably introduce you to his family. The man is blocking your calls and you are still wearing his ring (actually, she probably bought that ring for herself).

Drew's marriage is perfect in the eyes of God? I guess running off to Tampa for 3 days and not telling your spouse is what passes for Christlike these days.

Edited by qtpye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 11

The Color Purple is still waiting for the "I had to fight" from the season 6 reunion to be returned.

giphy.gif

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

Kenya is such a miserable person. She does not belong on this show because she really doesn’t like other women. She leaves Kandi alone but has taken plenty of digs at Cynthia thru the years.  She thinks her relationship can’t compare to Porsha’s because she is married and Porsha wasn’t ?🤣 That’s hilarious given how much her HUSBAND hated and humiliated her on camera.

Agree. Though she was right about Drew and the first baby daddy situation. She should never have exposed her son like that. Also, Drew's boob situation looked painful. 

And, Toya continues to be a lying, messy mess. That girl needs counseling and I don't mean from the Profitt.

Edited by politichick
forgot to add something
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Kenya is just horrible.  While I might not be a huge drew fan, I can't stand kenya! I hate that Kandy and cynthia make so many excuses for her, but never call her out when they are alone with Kenya. Porsha has grown , Kenya has not!

Kenya is a bitter jealous biach !!!  You could see the expressions on her face , this is why nothing goes right for her.  Kenya is really screwed up.  Yes, Porsha has grown and what I love about her is that Porsha can laugh at herself and keep it moving n the direction of growth. When Kenya tried to throw off on Drew about her son's father being incarcerated  , my reply would have been:  Well, your child's father is a free man who still does not want to be around you or your daughter  !!  Kenya just go away already !!

Edited by byrd
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Kenya is just a straight up miserable asshole! Full .

These ladies and their "angry" foobs trying to exit their "display windows" make my 55 year old natural breasts ache on their behalf.

Kenya's dysfunction with men and friendships will always go left , she needs to examine herself.  My prayer is that her mom will reach out to her and invite she and Brooklyn for a visit, or at the very least a phone call . Sending gifts can't replace the personal relationship that Kenya craves so badly.  I  just believe Marc is an asshole and is threatened by Kenya's success and her independence. In her defense she tried to submit to Marc's control but I think it was to much .  They need  serious help.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Well, just like the season, this reunion was just lame and not entertaining in the least.

Of course Andy likes Ralph, them both seem to have a healthy dislike and lack of respect for women.

True Dat ! Oh well, at least all of the women looked beautiful, however I did not like Marlo's outfit , she appeared to be stuffed in it , stomach looked like it was rolled over.. caught a glimpse of next week. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, politichick said:

Agree. Though she was right about Drew and the first baby daddy situation. She should never have exposed her son like that. Also, Drew's boob situation looked painful. 

And, Toya continues to be a lying, messy mess. That girl needs counseling and I don't mean from the Profitt.

Yes agreed , but you know Kenya's situation is not much different, I felt she should have kept a lot of she and Marc business private because it was painful to watch as well.  However if she had , she would not have a storyline. Oh well, maybe it's just me but I thought the exchange between Drew's son and his biological father was beautiful.   Toya, Drew and Kenya need to disappear. 

12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m not sure why we, once again, had to see Ralph, but, I’m going to go out on limb and say absolutely no one but Drew believes he was in Tampa alone.  And, Ralph?  Drew going away with the women was not the same thing because you knew exactly where she was.

Well, Ralph tried it !  Lol !!

Edited by byrd
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

The boobs, the boobs!! Are RHOA ladies afraid that if they don't put them out there we won't know they have them?

Kenya's stylist bedazzled her neck.

While all the HW's looked stunning the extreme dresses looked so uncomfortable and Kandi could not use the facilities without getting completely undressed, I could not agree to wear anything that may lead me to have a bladder infection or a skin rash, the sequins and netting on those dresses looked itchy.

Kenya keeps referring to Marc as her husband, boy is she in denial, he has never been her husband except on paper.  

For the life of me I cannot tell the difference between LaToya and Drew, they are both contrived, miserable women who want drama for the sake of drama.  LaToya tells Andy she has a kidney infection but later says she a cold and she was offended by the offer of vitamin C from Drew's camp, oh the horror, the horror of it all. Puh-leese!

Cynthia getting questioned about her super spreader wedding is worth watching, she really has no answer for her reasons but selfishness, she could have donated some of the money used for the wedding to a covid related charity and she would be hailed a benevolent bride but no, she wanted a big wedding, again.

It is so telling that there is only one short page of posts for part one of the reunion, are we tired of this franchaise?

• Love 11

Porscha gained a 1000 points in my eyes that she quietly took the time to educate herself after her faux pas.  Kandi is my favorite and hate the stylist that gave her that awful hair/makeup look.  It made her look haggard.  

• Love 20
12 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m not sure why we, once again, had to see Ralph, but, I’m going to go out on limb and say absolutely no one but Drew believes he was in Tampa alone.  And, Ralph?  Drew going away with the women was not the same thing because you knew exactly where she was.

I thought I would not like Ralph, but at least he knows how to makeup with his wife, even if he's up to no good. Counseling seems to be working. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

She still wears a ring because she respects marriage...even though she is getting divorced?

Kenya has no idea of what a marriage is or what a healthy relationship is supposed to look like. Marc obviously wants nothing to do with her and can't wait to never see her again.

In real marriages, your husband does not make you stay in a hotel when you visit him in New York. He also will probably introduce you to his family. The man is blocking your calls and you are still wearing his ring (actually, she probably bought that ring for herself).

Drew's marriage is perfect in the eyes of God? I guess running off to Tampa for 3 days and not telling your spouse is what passes for Christlike these days.

Yes Indeed ! How do you and your daughter go to New York to visit your husband and you stay in a hotel ?  You can't stay at his home.  Then he tells you he has to work and has no time for you or Brooklyn.  What kind of screwed up crap is this. Yet you continue to wear the ring, bet Marc is not wearing his !!  

16 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Yes. All these women are exhausting!  With the exception of Kandi, of course!

Kandi is only exhausting when mommy Joyce raises her ugly head .. Lol !!!  Ugly as in her attitude.. 

• Love 13

I understand all the Kenya hate, but I just am not there with her. Mostly because I can get that so much of it comes from her own deeply unhappy mental map. She's a damaged, damaged person. Not excusing her or suggesting the dislike/hate for her isn't warranted, but for me personally, I'd take Kenya any day over Drew or Toya. Totally at a table for one here, but Kenya feels more genuine to me as a reality show person - genuinely horrible much of the time, but also genuinely hurt at her core and so she lashes out to hurt others before they can hurt her. Don't stone me.

Drew lost me completely last night when Andy was asking with "concern" about the choice to put her son's meeting of his biological dad on the show and why she made that choice. He then followed up with questions about how the son is doing, is he still seeing the dad etc. Drew gave very, brief lip-service (blink and you missed it) to his questions, but then like a shot went on the attack with Kenya and the retweet she'd done about the story, complete with fake tears and Porsha handing her a tissue, and all about oh how it was a betrayal and how could Kenya attack her son. It was just so incredibly fake and staged. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Marley said:

Riley sucks. Her money bleh.

Riley absolutely does not suck. The man who fathered her, who showed up only occasionally, did not provide emotional, financial or physical support sucks. Riley is a young lady trying to start her life and if her father has the ability to help with that I'm not going to be mad at her for saying that she wants him to. 

5 hours ago, politichick said:

Kenya absolutely had no business talking about Drew's ex. First, no one knows the circumstances behind how or why he was in jail - secondly he was clearly NOT part of the family that Drew has been referencing which includes her husband, and the children that they are raising together. Pointing out that her ex was a felon is simply a way of passing judgment on Drew. And if anyone brought up one of Kenya's ex's behavior as evidence of anything related to Kenya and her judgement she'd be the first one to claim she was being attacked and victimized. Kenya had no business talking about that man or his son, and the fact that she has an opinion doesn't mean it should be shared or that we should entertain it.

5 hours ago, byrd said:

My prayer is that her mom will reach out to her and invite she and Brooklyn for a visit, or at the very least a phone call .

I actually hope this never happens. If Kenya's mom makes a relationship with Brooklyn, Kenya will never be able to stand it, and I fear how she would treat that little girl as a result. Part of the issue with Marc is that she keeps wanting him to choose her over Brooklyn and he clearly only wants to spend time and energy on his child, not his wife.

I thought that it was interesting that Kenya came prepared to defend her actions with the Halloween costume with the fact that both Lauren and Drew had worn Indian costumes for Halloween in the past. In my mind, that means you aren't really trying to accept responsibility for what you've done, you are just trying to find someone's glass house to keep them from throwing rocks at you. It doesn't matter if Jesus himself dressed as Indian Warrior Princess, all that's important is that you did it, you recognize why it was wrong and you'll never do it again. And again I say that she absolutely could have dressed as an actual Indian warrior without all this drama, but that would have required her doing some work, rather than simply grabbing something off the rack at the costume store she thought was striking/sexy.

• Love 22

I don’t like Kenya, but Marc might be the biggest prick of a “husband” I’ve seen on RHW. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I like Kandi, it’s the people around her I don’t like. Joyce, Don Juan, Todd etc.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don’t like Kenya, but Marc might be the biggest prick of a “husband” I’ve seen on RHW. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Had Kenya actually dated the man instead of rushing into a marriage just to say she was married and lord it over people she would have found that out ... she is the only one to blame for the situation she is in ,.... the man doesn't want her yet she is clinging to this lie of he loves her .... I cant stand Kenya 

• Love 21

Give it to Kenya - she doesn’t fold or retract her words because she’s intimidated.  She holds her own even when most are against her. 

Drew needs to go. Give the peach to Marlo. That scene with her son and ex was cringe worthy and needed to be done off camera - poor child.  

Whomever dressed up Kandi needs to be fired ASAP.  

Edited by TheCouchPotato
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Had Kenya actually dated the man instead of rushing into a marriage just to say she was married and lord it over people she would have found that out ... she is the only one to blame for the situation she is in ,.... the man doesn't want her yet she is clinging to this lie of he loves her .... I cant stand Kenya 

Her relationship was so bizarre. It never seemed like Marc could tolerate her much less love her.

I think she wanted a light skinned handsome sperm donor and the bragging rights that someone wifed her up...not that her marriage was anything to be proud about.

It felt like some sort of weird agreement on the side because this was never a real marriage in my opinion.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Riley absolutely does not suck. The man who fathered her, who showed up only occasionally, did not provide emotional, financial or physical support sucks. Riley is a young lady trying to start her life and if her father has the ability to help with that I'm not going to be mad at her for saying that she wants him to.

Of course fathers should help their children. That’s obvious. But Riley is an entitled money hungry brat. I’ll never forget when she went on ig asking for money from ppl for her bday. Also Riley is not destitute her mother is a multi millionaire. So I think she will be ok with starting her life.

• Love 8

I find Kenya to be horrible as much as the next person, but what would we watch if it wasn't for her? More than half this reunion was devoted to her or her disagreements with both Porsha and Drew; while I think Porsha was designated the "hero" of this particular show, it's rare to see the antagonist (Kenya) to have more airtime than her opponent. 

And I'm sorry, Drew should just leave the show, even though I agreed with her many times, her delivery seemed forced and fake, I actually found myself siding with Kenya even though she was wrong most of the time. 

I'm still not convinced Porsha is this good girl now, mainly because I'm still surprised that both Kandi and Cynthia still vouch for Kenya or appear to be better friends with Kenya than Porsha. There must be something behind the scenes that make these women prefer Kenya over Porsha, or maybe it's just me.  (BTW I do commend Porsha for her activism and I applaud her for it, I'm just saying that in these interpersonal relationships, the women seem to favor Kenya as a friend when in reality it would serve them better to prefer Porsha). 

Andy definitely seemed to enjoy Ralph, which makes me think they'll want Drew back next season, just like he seems to enjoy Joe Gorga and Juan Dixon despite their housewives' mediocre performance in their respective seasons. 

• Love 8

Give it to Kenya - she doesn’t fold or retract her words because she’s intimidated.  She holds her own even when most are against her. 

Considering that she starts 95% of the shit that happens, she better be able to hold her own.

I'm still surprised that both Kandi and Cynthia still vouch for Kenya or appear to be better friends with Kenya than Porsha. There must be something behind the scenes that make these women prefer Kenya over Porsha

Kandi is probably still in "forgive but don't forget" mode when it comes to Porsha over the fake attempted rape charges. As for Cynthia, Kenya imprinted on her a long time ago and things will stay that way until Porsha can prove she is the dominant alpha over Kenya without any doubts.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I understand all the Kenya hate, but I just am not there with her. Mostly because I can get that so much of it comes from her own deeply unhappy mental map. She's a damaged, damaged person. Not excusing her or suggesting the dislike/hate for her isn't warranted, but for me personally, I'd take Kenya any day over Drew or Toya. Totally at a table for one here, but Kenya feels more genuine to me as a reality show person - genuinely horrible much of the time, but also genuinely hurt at her core and so she lashes out to hurt others before they can hurt her. Don't stone me.

Drew lost me completely last night when Andy was asking with "concern" about the choice to put her son's meeting of his biological dad on the show and why she made that choice. He then followed up with questions about how the son is doing, is he still seeing the dad etc. Drew gave very, brief lip-service (blink and you missed it) to his questions, but then like a shot went on the attack with Kenya and the retweet she'd done about the story, complete with fake tears and Porsha handing her a tissue, and all about oh how it was a betrayal and how could Kenya attack her son. It was just so incredibly fake and staged. 

I won't stone you because I mostly agree with you.  She really gets on my nerves a lot of time, and wish she would please just shut up, but I also remember how her mother abandoned her, right in front of her face, and can't really hate on her too much because of it.  I personally think Kenya really doesn't care if people like her or not, she plays by her own rules and it's working for her, she is sitting on the first chair.  What really, really bothers me about Kenya is her laugh, her laugh drives me up the wall.  If she never laughed I would like her a lot better :) 

Your second paragraph said everything I had thought watching that segment.  It struck me as such faux outrage and the beating of the milk laden breast of a mother SCORNED.  Really Drew?  Have a seat, have several.  If she's supposed to be an actress, well, she sucks.  She wanted to get the heat off her and shoddy parental judgement and fling that on Kenya.  Drew needs to go, she is a bad fit. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Of course fathers should help their children. That’s obvious. But Riley is an entitled money hungry brat. I’ll never forget when she went on ig asking for money from ppl for her bday. Also Riley is not destitute her mother is a multi millionaire. So I think she will be ok with starting her life.

Riley’s dad being a deadbeat doesn’t make Riley suck less in my opinion. The girl appears to have Mama Joyce’s personality. Hopefully college does her some good. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

As rude and messy as she can be, I like Kenya. I agree she needs to learn when to shut up, but I laughed out loud at Drew trying to come for her and failing because Kenya just. wasn't. having. it. Kenya has some mental health issues and I won't drag her for them. Nor will I agree that she'll be competitive with her daughter. I hope she realizes the extent of Marc's abuse, leaves him, gets help and gets better, especially if that includes some kind of re-connection with her mother.

So after getting a lot of blow back, Porsha looked up something she should have learned in middle school. Yay for her, I guess. I'll give her props for using her platform for good, I'm just not sure about all this growth she's getting credit for. Porsha reinvents herself regularly. She went from Stepford wife to Queen of THOTland to devoted mother in something like four seasons; it was time for something new. I doubt she'll ever be in Jane Fonda's league, but maybe she will cotinue with activism. We'll see.

Someone needs to explain to Riley that child support is for the custodial parent to use for the child's needs; it's not money he owes the child. Maybe she could be encouraged to make some of her own, you know, like everyone else in her world does.

I wanted to like Drew. I failed.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

You have a guest at your table,  I agree on Kenya but now she needs to practice loving others and it will help her to heal, holding onto the hurt  just makes it worst . Kenya will carry this baggage forever , You can't live life lashing out at others  because you are hurting at your core,  try loving your friends first and watch it grow. Hurting Cynthia on purpose because you could was just wrong and she did not deserve that . Cynthia forgave you for that,  but Nothing you could ever do can make up for that .  Yes Drew needs to go !!! When you hurt those who love you , in the end you will suffer greatly . The universe will not allow it to go unchecked. . 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, qtpye said:

Her relationship was so bizarre. It never seemed like Marc could tolerate her much less love her.

I think she wanted a light skinned handsome sperm donor and the bragging rights that someone wifed her up...not that her marriage was anything to be proud about.

It felt like some sort of weird agreement on the side because this was never a real marriage in my opinion.

Absolutely, who gets married and never meets the parents, they have never met Brooklyn I don't believe. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, charliesan said:

And I'm sorry, Drew should just leave the show, even though I agreed with her many times, her delivery seemed forced and fake, I actually found myself siding with Kenya even though she was wrong most of the time.  

10 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Your second paragraph said everything I had thought watching that segment.  It struck me as such faux outrage and the beating of the milk laden breast of a mother SCORNED.  Really Drew?  Have a seat, have several.  If she's supposed to be an actress, well, she sucks.  She wanted to get the heat off her and shoddy parental judgement and fling that on Kenya.  Drew needs to go, she is a bad fit.  

I also agree Drew's outrage felt like a deflection.   And a poorly executed deflection at that.   Kenya gave a sincere (for her) apology for the retweet and Drew just had to go on and on about how horrible it was and how she would never forgive her....  Since Kenya had already apologized their wasn't much left to say.   So the argument became a dud.

Not much of a Drew fan this season, but I think I could see a scenario where she's more likeable next season.   Production likes her because she's more than willing to do their bidding to stir drama.   And she's able to create the drama without taking it too far or too crazy like LaToya.   

Has Shamea ever been part of a reunion?   They seem to be trying to push her towards a peach.   

• Love 3

These ladies and their "angry" foobs trying to exit their "display windows" make my 55 year old natural breasts ache on their behalf.

Maybe they are secret weapons we don't know about?

fP4FZRj.gif

• LOL 8
23 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

As rude and messy as she can be, I like Kenya. I agree she needs to learn when to shut up, but I laughed out loud at Drew trying to come for her and failing because Kenya just. wasn't. having. it. Kenya has some mental health issues and I won't drag her for them. Nor will I agree that she'll be competitive with her daughter. I hope she realizes the extent of Marc's abuse, leaves him, gets help and gets better, especially if that includes some kind of re-connection with her mother.

So after getting a lot of blow back, Porsha looked up something she should have learned in middle school. Yay for her, I guess. I'll give her props for using her platform for good, I'm just not sure about all this growth she's getting credit for. Porsha reinvents herself regularly. She went from Stepford wife to Queen of THOTland to devoted mother in something like four seasons; it was time for something new. I doubt she'll ever be in Jane Fonda's league, but maybe she will cotinue with activism. We'll see.

Someone needs to explain to Riley that child support is for the custodial parent to use for the child's needs; it's not money he owes the child. Maybe she could be encouraged to make some of her own, you know, like everyone else in her world does.

I wanted to like Drew. I failed.

I wanted to like Drew as well. I remember being blown away by her performance as T-Boz in the TLC movie.

The problem is Drew comes of like a fake Christian (not a real one). I grew up in Atlanta and know the town is full of shady ass churches and pastors.  There are plenty of good people in Atlanta but none of them make the news.

Fake Christians always come off as hypocrites. 

She is coming for Kenya hard for daring "to attack her child" yet she is exploiting the pain of said child in order to have story line beyond how much her husband sucks.

She is blaming Toya for leading the prophet astray, when the dang prophet even admits that he broke up his own engagement years ago and Toya had nothing to do with it.

WORST OF ALL...she is making me defend Toya.

She is giving me PTSD of another fake Christian....Phaedra. The women who swore by the church but had no problem making up rape lies about what was once one of her closest friends.

Drew needs to go, asap!

• Love 10
10 hours ago, renatae said:

Yuck. I like her, but Kandi's outfit is not only tasteless, it's ugly.

Kenya showing out as usual.

Kenya can do nothing else.. : "Must have all the attention focused on her .. " 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

I wanted to like Drew as well. I remember being blown away by her performance as T-Boz in the TLC movie.

The problem is Drew comes of like a fake Christian (not a real one). I grew up in Atlanta and know the town is full of shady ass churches and pastors.  There are plenty of good people in Atlanta but none of them make the news.

Fake Christians always come off as hypocrites. 

She is coming for Kenya hard for daring "to attack her child" yet she is exploiting the pain of said child in order to have story line beyond how much her husband sucks.

She is blaming Toya for leading the prophet astray, when the dang prophet even admits that he broke up his own engagement years ago and Toya had nothing to do with it.

WORST OF ALL...she is making me defend Toya.

She is giving me PTSD of another fake Christian....Phaedra. The women who swore by the church but had no problem making up rape lies about what was once one of her closest friends.

Drew needs to go, asap!

I hope Drew will not return next season, as disappointed as I am in Phaedra for the lies.. I really miss her.  Wish she would give a genuine apology to Kandi and the entire cast the way that Porsha did , and maybe Bravo will give her another shot if she wants it. Miss the " flava " those women brought to the show.. 

• Love 5
On 4/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, TexasGal said:

Airdate: 04.25.2021

Kenya , even if you think someone's husband is fine, keep it to yourself, flirting with the husbands will get your ass whipped and it disrespectful to the other ladies.  Phaedra had the same issue with you and Apollo the liar,  but Drew will drag you ! 

• Love 7
22 hours ago, After7Only said:

I also agree Drew's outrage felt like a deflection.   And a poorly executed deflection at that.   Kenya gave a sincere (for her) apology for the retweet and Drew just had to go on and on about how horrible it was and how she would never forgive her....  Since Kenya had already apologized their wasn't much left to say.   So the argument became a dud.

Not much of a Drew fan this season, but I think I could see a scenario where she's more likeable next season.   Production likes her because she's more than willing to do their bidding to stir drama.   And she's able to create the drama without taking it too far or too crazy like LaToya.   

Has Shamea ever been part of a reunion?   They seem to be trying to push her towards a peach.   

Shamea is on the Reunion show basically every season  ( only briefly ) since she became a part time cast member like Marlo.

• Love 1
On 4/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Rlb8031 said:

Kenya absolutely had no business talking about Drew's ex. First, no one knows the circumstances behind how or why he was in jail - secondly he was clearly NOT part of the family that Drew has been referencing which includes her husband, and the children that they are raising together. Pointing out that her ex was a felon is simply a way of passing judgment on Drew. And if anyone brought up one of Kenya's ex's behavior as evidence of anything related to Kenya and her judgement she'd be the first one to claim she was being attacked and victimized. Kenya had no business talking about that man or his son, and the fact that she has an opinion doesn't mean it should be shared or that we should entertain it.

I actually hope this never happens. If Kenya's mom makes a relationship with Brooklyn, Kenya will never be able to stand it, and I fear how she would treat that little girl as a result. Part of the issue with Marc is that she keeps wanting him to choose her over Brooklyn and he clearly only wants to spend time and energy on his child, not his wife.

I thought that it was interesting that Kenya came prepared to defend her actions with the Halloween costume with the fact that both Lauren and Drew had worn Indian costumes for Halloween in the past. In my mind, that means you aren't really trying to accept responsibility for what you've done, you are just trying to find someone's glass house to keep them from throwing rocks at you. It doesn't matter if Jesus himself dressed as Indian Warrior Princess, all that's important is that you did it, you recognize why it was wrong and you'll never do it again. And again I say that she absolutely could have dressed as an actual Indian warrior without all this drama, but that would have required her doing some work, rather than simply grabbing something off the rack at the costume store she thought was striking/sexy.

Interesting opinion, but somehow I don't see Kenya being jealous of maybe her mother establishing a relationship with Brooklyn, I think it will have the opposite effect,  because first her mom has to establish a relationship with Kenya..  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, byrd said:

Interesting opinion, but somehow I don't see Kenya being jealous of maybe her mother establishing a relationship with Brooklyn, I think it will have the opposite effect,  because first her mom has to establish a relationship with Kenya..  

The reason I believe it would be bad, is that it would cement what Kenya believes deep down - that she is not worthy of her mother's love. The relationship between the two is clearly very fraught, but I'm conscious of the language Kenya used to describe what's going on. She didn't say "my mom has been calling and reaching out to me to develop a relationship with Brooklyn". Instead she described it as her mom "sent Brooklyn gifts". My guess is that she is still not really trying to engage with Kenya, and I think if she actually did have a real interaction with Brooklyn as "grandma", it would stoke the feelings of inadequacy that are just below the surface with Kenya. She's looking for something her mom cannot or will not give her, and if it gets given to Brooklyn instead I don't see her being okay with that.

• Love 7