Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E19: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

The reason I believe it would be bad, is that it would cement what Kenya believes deep down - that she is not worthy of her mother's love. The relationship between the two is clearly very fraught, but I'm conscious of the language Kenya used to describe what's going on. She didn't say "my mom has been calling and reaching out to me to develop a relationship with Brooklyn". Instead she described it as her mom "sent Brooklyn gifts". My guess is that she is still not really trying to engage with Kenya, and I think if she actually did have a real interaction with Brooklyn as "grandma", it would stoke the feelings of inadequacy that are just below the surface with Kenya. She's looking for something her mom cannot or will not give her, and if it gets given to Brooklyn instead I don't see her being okay with that.

And of course she married a man who is doing the same thing. He will answer "Brooklyn's phone" but blocks Kenya.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, byrd said:

Shamea is on the Reunion show basically every season  ( only briefly ) since she became a part time cast member like Marlo.

Thanks.  I remember Marlo on lots of reunions, Tanya, and Sheree (later when she was a friend of show and not a peach holder).   Just didn't remember Shamea.  While she's been on tons of seasons she's usually not part of anyone's storyline.  She's just the fun friend of Porsha/Kandi.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Thanks.  I remember Marlo on lots of reunions, Tanya, and Sheree (later when she was a friend of show and not a peach holder).   Just didn't remember Shamea.  While she's been on tons of seasons she's usually not part of anyone's storyline.  She's just the fun friend of Porsha/Kandi.  

It might be smart of her to stay that way...particularly if it comes with a nice sized check. As far as I know, no one hates Shamea, yet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 4/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, charliesan said:

I'm still not convinced Porsha is this good girl now, mainly because I'm still surprised that both Kandi and Cynthia still vouch for Kenya or appear to be better friends with Kenya than Porsha. There must be something behind the scenes that make these women prefer Kenya over Porsha, or maybe it's just me.  (BTW I do commend Porsha for her activism and I applaud her for it, I'm just saying that in these interpersonal relationships, the women seem to favor Kenya as a friend when in reality it would serve them better to prefer Porsha). 

Porsha was absolutely wrong in how she treated both Kandi and Cynthia in the past.  While they may have forgiven her and moved on, it does not mean they will go back to the place they were before she did them wrong.  Forgiveness does not mean restoration.  You can forgive somebody for wronging you but it does not mean you have to restore the relationship to what it once was before they hurt you.  Plus,  Kenya never went after Kandi and Cynthia the way that Porsha did so it would make sense to me why they are closer to Kenya than Porsha despite her being a miserable envious bitch.  Another thing is that Cynthia is a weak follower who gloms onto stronger personalities like she did with Nene.  Kandi gives people the benefit of the doubt until you come for her..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, After7Only said:

Yep , Porsha and Kandi.

22 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

The reason I believe it would be bad, is that it would cement what Kenya believes deep down - that she is not worthy of her mother's love. The relationship between the two is clearly very fraught, but I'm conscious of the language Kenya used to describe what's going on. She didn't say "my mom has been calling and reaching out to me to develop a relationship with Brooklyn". Instead she described it as her mom "sent Brooklyn gifts". My guess is that she is still not really trying to engage with Kenya, and I think if she actually did have a real interaction with Brooklyn as "grandma", it would stoke the feelings of inadequacy that are just below the surface with Kenya. She's looking for something her mom cannot or will not give her, and if it gets given to Brooklyn instead I don't see her being okay with that.

I so agree, my hope and prayer is that if she chooses to engage Kenya , it will be to establish a relationship with her daughter, otherwise it would be devastating .  I do wish I could understand why her mother feels so strongly about not having a relationship with her daughter. It does not matter that she gave her up to the father to raise, Kenya will always be your daughter, they can never get back what was lost , but she can meet Kenya where she is. 

3 minutes ago, byrd said:

I so agree, my hope and prayer is that if she chooses to engage Kenya , it will be to establish a relationship with her daughter, otherwise it would be devastating .  I do wish I could understand why her mother feels so strongly about not having a relationship with her daughter. It does not matter that she gave her up to the father to raise, Kenya will always be your daughter, they can never get back what was lost , but she can meet Kenya where she is. This is very sad to me, it breaks my heart...

Edited by byrd
spelling
18 hours ago, qtpye said:

It might be smart of her to stay that way...particularly if it comes with a nice sized check. As far as I know, no one hates Shamea, yet.

Well Phaedra did !!! Lol !!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2021 at 11:09 AM, byrd said:

I so agree, my hope and prayer is that if she chooses to engage Kenya , it will be to establish a relationship with her daughter, otherwise it would be devastating .  I do wish I could understand why her mother feels so strongly about not having a relationship with her daughter. It does not matter that she gave her up to the father to raise, Kenya will always be your daughter, they can never get back what was lost , but she can meet Kenya where she is. 

At the risk of sounding super mean, maybe Kenya's mum has seen her behavior on TV and said, "Yeah, I'll pass."

• LOL 10
  • Love 2