Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Emotion and Commotions

• Start Topic

The Snowdens welcome a new girlfriend! The Merrifields scout wedding venues with Roberta, leaving Dannielle to feel like a third wheel. The Clarks work on their relationship with explosive results. The Winders' family members question their lifestyle.

Original air date 2021.04.12

I think there will be trouble in paradise for the Snowdens. Ashley welcomed Chrissie with open arms because she probably doesn’t see her as competition. Taylor on the other hand is young, cute and has a great body; not to mention, Dimitri is totally smitten.  She is as good as gone.   

Tami said something that I found rather interesting.  She said that she isn’t overjoyed that Sophie is pregnant, however she is supportive. The fact that she is having a boy is probably making her despondent.  I believe she is pushing for another wife to spite her.  Shades of Meri Brown.  

That Garrick had to “get some” before Dannielle returned to the room, tells me that this doesn’t have anything to do with religion.  Unless I am mistaken, I thought they had to wait until after the ceremony to consummate their marriage.

• Love 24

Garrick cannot wipe that shit-eating grin off his face. Reminded me of a high school kid having his first sexual experience. Dannielle is starting to spiral.

King Jarod was speaking to Kay like Dr. Huxtable would speak to Vanessa. <Insert your own joke here> Not good. Kay, listen to your gut and don’t take any shit from King Asshole. He wants you to be dependent on him for nefarious reasons. 

I meant to mention this sooner: Wouldn’t Ashley's bindi be an example of cultural appropriation? The only reason I bring it up is because I have a feeling that Ashley would be the first to scream cultural appropriation if someone else did that. But I’m sure she’s so special, thus the rules don't apply to her.

Where is a dentist when you need one? The older women at the Winder baby shower barely have a tooth between them.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Garrick cannot wipe that shit-eating grin off his face. Reminded me of a high school kid having his first sexual experience. Dannielle is starting to spiral.

Roberta seems more interested in Danielle. I would love it if the two women ran away together. On the first night it sounded like Roberta was trying to get out of having sex with him but no such luck.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

I just binged season 2 and am now caught up on season 3.  It’s seriously hate watching because I am repulsed by most of them.  Garrick always looks like his mouth is hanging open.  Jarod with his stupid tribe b/s.  They are writing their own narrative to suit their sexual needs.

• Love 13

Who would win the Ultimate Douche-off?  Sidian was ahead, but Garrick made a strong case for himself this week.  Laughing at Danielle not knowing he snuck in a quickie was disgusting.

Kaleh honey... just run.  Like @sainte-chapelle said, she is beautiful and hardworking and there's no way this ends well for her. Unless she is enjoying the drama of it all (something I cannot entirely discount)?  If that's the reason she stays then she deserves the serfdom she's signing on for.  

FREE THE SNOWDEN CHILDREN from the emotional manipulation.  "Mommy won't love you if you don't love on every new woman we parade through here" would not surprise me one bit.  

• Love 12

Watching Garrick completely ignore Danielle and slobber all over the brace face is really uncomfortable to watch. I think it’s definitely finally clicking for her that she made a grave mistake by divorcing him so he could marry Roberta. The fact that he even suggested it would have made me grant him the divorce and take the kids.

Jarod is just loving the idea of being King to his tribe. That narcissistic ass is getting bigger and bigger, and will have his wives fanning him as he lays on the couch all day pretty soon. I know Kay can’t help being so tiny, but it grosses me out how they treat her like an insolent teen, I was waiting for them to ground her! She’s got her jobs, she needs to leave now before they turn her into the maid they had planned.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Kaye.....you are beautiful and hard working. It is a bad sign that they do not want you to be able to stand on your own feet. They want to isolate you so that you are dependent on them....run. They are the trash, not you.

Dimitri...”she is in shape” ...he is gross.

they talk about her beind her back; what woman  likes that? And she had to beg for a kiss from the king? They  are Aholes treat her like crap ...run!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The Snowdens should just install a revolving door. Dimitri makes my skin crawl but you folks already know I cannot stand him or his bullshit.

Oh me too and why are their kids so clingy with strangers it’s just creepy.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, endure said:

It’s like no one ever introduced the idea of boundaries to that family. Those kids probably bear hug random women on the street.

When Dannielle gets pissed when she finds out that Joel Osteen Jr. and the Iron Maiden Face ended up having sex after all, his explanation will include “But we were on a break!”

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

Geez Queen Vanessa is gaslighting Kaye better than King Jarod did

But I loved seeing Kaye stand up to the King.  I think she's more cowed by Vanessa than by His Majesty.

What a shitty household that is, with this "tribal" stuff.  I think it's time to shift to a matriarchy.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Where is a dentist when you need one? The older women at the Winder baby shower barely have a tooth between them.

They reminded me of characters from Greek mythology--the Fates?--three old women with one tooth among them, a tooth that gets passed to whichever one needs it at the time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
9 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Sad to say the boring fundy Mormons are the most normal polygamists on the show.  They probably will make it work because they all have the common background and faith.  They haven’t got one full personality between the three of them but they don’t give off the skeevy vibes of the other families

The Grandmother had more personality and spunk than the three of them combined.  I find Tammie scary, the look in her eyes when she talks anything Sophie.

Lesser queen Kay is full of spunk, good for her, this is the kind of woman Ashley needs to have join the Snowden family.  I think they want Kay to be a live in maid, plus the “King” benefits from having a sexual relationship with her also, scary, she needs to run.

Taylor (?) will be a no go for Ashley, too much competition and too spunky and outspoken.  I also find it very disturbing how those Snowden kids cling to complete strangers.  

Garrick is just a creepy pig.  He is already throwing Dannielle to the side.  Also, calling Roberta “Love” with Dannielle sitting right there was disgusting.  Giggling like an idiot in the interview totally made an ass of poor Danielle.   She needs to have an honest talk with that moron and tell him she is not putting up with his humiliating BS.  If they are planning a marriage ceremony in Mexico, are they going back there at some point for the wedding or are Roberta’s family rushing there during the 8 day trip?  I want to punch Garrick in the face.  

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Garrick is just a creepy pig.  He is already throwing Dannielle to the side.  Also, calling Roberta “Love” with Dannielle sitting right there was disgusting.  Giggling like an idiot in the interview totally made an ass of poor Danielle.   She needs to have an honest talk with that moron and tell him she is not putting up with his humiliating BS.  If they are planning a marriage ceremony in Mexico, are they going back there at some point for the wedding or are Roberta’s family rushing there during the 8 day trip?  I want to punch Garrick in the face.  

SO punchable.  That giggling was horrifiying.  I can usually keep an emotional distance and just mock all of these people, but the Garrick hate is super strong.

And Dannielle "wonders" if Garrick cares more about Roberta's feelings than hers?  She WONDERS?  I want her to sit down and watch one of these episodes with all of us so we can open her eyes and feed her cake and tequila.  

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I find it very strange that the kids are hanging all over every woman they bring into their home.

11 hours ago, Bad Example said:

FREE THE SNOWDEN CHILDREN from the emotional manipulation.

9 hours ago, endure said:

10 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

That said there is something very disturbing about those kids grabbing onto women they’ve never met in person and clutching them like their life depends on it.

The more I think about this, the more it bothers me. When Prospective Poontang #2 arrived, they just swarmed her and stuck like glue to a person they'd never met. Kids that age just don't do that naturally. Some part of it certainly could be a lack of attention from the parents but this seems more over-the-top. Makes me wonder if they haven't been coached: "Now, when Daddy's new wife gets here you have to show her lots of love just like you do to me. If she doesn't feel welcomed, she won't want to live here and maybe that will be your fault."

Ultimately, I don't care how screwed up these adults want to make their own lives. But when they're causing potential lifelong emotional problems for these innocent children? That makes my blood boil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

Danielle and Roberta are totally the same size when you watch them together....calling Danielle the “large wife” is totally gaslighting her and setting the stage for Garrick to eventually toss her aside.  They are not planning the ceremony as a polygamous family....he’s planning to marry his new wife.  His insistence that he’s answering Gods call to take another wife is also completely destroyed by his premarital relations, which is totally against his faith (such as it is).  Danielle sad to say is actually going to be much better off when she’s eventually tossed aside, gets some therapy and and develops a backbone and some boundaries.  I hope she eventually meets and marries a nice guy. 

I can barely watch this.  I think Roberta is shorter but has the better figure: Danielle looks thinner, and may lose weight if she is as unhappy as she looks. 

If I recall correctly, the only group on this show that is fundamentalist Mormon are Tami, Colton, and Sophie.   They would be the only ones out of this ghastly cast to care about the no sex before "marriage" rule.    I think Garrick just noticed in looking thru the OT that many men had many wives.   Since Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines,  he can consider Roberta a concubine for the time being and have sex with her.

I was not surprised to see all three in bed together, and I don't think it will be the last time.

The Clarks.--- I think that is the name of the morons in NC.   I  will give them points if they continue to keep their kids away from the camera.  I think Vanessa is the person Ashley Snowden will become once she has a "sister wife" for any length of time.   I already dislike her and want to punch her face.   Kay or whatever her name is   -- I had on closed caps and I think the spelling changed---needs to get out of this mess.   I wonder if she signed on mostly for financial reasons. 

• Love 4

I believe we learned this episode that Garrick is a two pump chump.  Anyone surprised?  Bueller?  He just had to get some while his ex-wife was packing up things for the night. He is really repulsive.  The man wants some strange.  That's all there is to it.  He'll be infatuated with Roberta until he's not.  Then he'll look for the next fool. 

King Jarod, you, your queen and Cinderella are not a tribe.  Nope. Not. A. Tribe. Not even close.  So regardless of whatever cultural appropriation you want to imagine for yourself, it doesn't make it real.  You're just a horndog into the beautiful Kaleh and your wife wants a servant to take care of all of the household duties.  You are not building some new, special society.  I agree with everyone who's stated that they want to keep Kaleh financially dependent.  If he was such a great king, he would encourage her to find her place in the world and to stand up for herself instead of being an emotionally manipulative asshole. Vanessa is who Ashley will be if the Snowdens ever ensnare another partner. 

The next potential partner for the Snowdens seems like she just wants to be on TV.  I cannot imagine someone so young, attractive and full of life glomming onto these losers for any other reason.  She seems to have a full life of her own.  Unless she is in dire financial straights and is hoping to live off of the Snowdens for awhile I can see no other reason for her interest.  Why would she sign up to care for their three succubus children?  They attach themselves to every woman the comes through the door.  The parents are either coaching them or the children are so severely starved for affection that they attach to anyone.  I vote for a combination of both. She probably doesn't realize that dmitri and Ashley are propped up by a teetering house of cards.  There is a show of wealth that I doubt is supported by the bank accounts. 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

She probably doesn't realize that dmitri and Ashley are propped up by a teetering house of cards.  There is a show of wealth that I doubt is supported by the bank accounts. 

So poetically put, @PrincessPurrsALot. It’s staging and props and backdrops. Nothing seems quite genuine. 

• Love 12

Did anyone else notice the redhead going into another room at the Clarks?  I wonder who she is.

Garrick is not only very weird, he's scary.  That laughing was just so creepy.  "Two-pump chump" sounds like it fits that asshole very well.

Vanessa is who Ashley will be if the Snowdens ever ensnare another partner. 

So much this.  And the Snowden kids are going to be in therapy from all their parents' bullshit.

• Love 6

The whole episode was disturbing. Each family is so weird and off putting.

Dannielle and Kay need to run as fast as they can. The men in their lives care far more about sex and power than about them.

I really don’t understand how Ashley and Dimitri have raised their children with no idea how to react to strangers. They absolutely not should be running up and hugging anyone that arrives at their house. 
I do wonder how Ashley will be if Chrissie arrives with her children. Ashley considers herself so deep and spiritually aware that I’m sure she will try to impose her ideas on Chrissie. I hope Chrissie stands her ground and refuses to change if she doesn’t agree. 

I actually hope Chrissie and her children stay far away from the Snowdens.

• Love 7

15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Tami said something that I found rather interesting.  She said that she isn’t overjoyed that Sophie is pregnant, however she is supportive. The fact that she is having a boy is probably making her despondent.  I believe she is pushing for another wife to spite her.  Shades of Meri Brown.  

Trouble is, Sophie is in charge. Even if Tami lines up a platoon of sister wives, Sophie will have the final word, and I will bet you a shiny quarter that Sophie will put the kibosh on any prospective sister wife Tami brings into the fold. Howdy Doody thinks he's in charge. He's wrong. 

15 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Kaye.....you are beautiful and hard working. It is a bad sign that they do not want you to be able to stand on your own feet. They want to isolate you so that you are dependent on them....run. They are the trash, not you.

I am baffled, for real. What does Kay get from all this? She works two jobs and goes home to be demeaned and patronized by the King and Queen? Girl. Run. 

15 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Whenever they show the old school polygamist wives, they are always toothless, raddled, and look 20 years older than their actual ages. Yet another ringing endorsement for polygamy!

13 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I find it very strange that the kids are hanging all over every woman they bring into their home.  Are the children starved for affection or what the heck?

It really is weird. They must get no attention at all. 

13 hours ago, vintagesac said:

Watching Garrick completely ignore Danielle and slobber all over the brace face is really uncomfortable to watch. I think it’s definitely finally clicking for her that she made a grave mistake by divorcing him so he could marry Roberta. The fact that he even suggested it would have made me grant him the divorce and take the kids.

His douche-y giggling when he copped to a quickie with Roberta made me queasy. He is soooooo gross. 

Danielle's misery makes me so sad. Or it would if I didn't think she was a complete idiot. What does she gain from this cockamamie plan? And watching her face as she remembered her cheapo backyard wedding as compared to the lush tropical setting Garrick and Roberta were getting--she's not very good at being brave and cheerful. She's already going to pieces. The light is slowly dawning. 

2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I can barely watch this.  I think Roberta is shorter but has the better figure: Danielle looks thinner, and may lose weight if she is as unhappy as she looks. 

If I recall correctly, the only group on this show that is fundamentalist Mormon are Tami, Colton, and Sophie.   They would be the only ones out of this ghastly cast to care about the no sex before "marriage" rule.    I think Garrick just noticed in looking thru the OT that many men had many wives.   Since Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines,  he can consider Roberta a concubine for the time being and have sex with her.

I was not surprised to see all three in bed together, and I don't think it will be the last time.

Roberta might have a nice figure but she is homely. 

And once again, Garrick is so creepy and skeevy I cannot fathom why not one, but TWO women are willing, nay panting to have sex with him. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 15
On 4/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, Opine said:

Dannielle's family, go rescue your family member.  Save her from a life of degradation and humiliation.  Have an intervention.  Kidnap her.  Do something!!  If not, the PT gang is gonna have to form a posse and go rescue that poor woman.

This couple is just too much!!!

If we could get hold of Dannielle and take her to a hotel to watch herself and the despicable Garrish on tv, do you think we could convince her to leave him?  The way he talked over her and interrupted her when they were with the wedding planner was inexcusable, and Dannielle ought to have walked away at that point.  In fact, she should have called a cab, gone back to the airport and left her ex-husband and his bombshell to their own devices.  Danielle is allowing herself to be used to justify horndoggery.  And I hate to be the one to break it to her, but Roberta's dental (or oral) problems will not be solved by bracing.  Girl has a good half-mile of gums there that don't even look pink and healthy.

• Love 5

I wonder if Garrick paid for Roberta's braces.  If I ever got near him, I would need a silkwood shower.  He oozes slime.  

Grandma Winder (okay, not her name but that's my best way to remember her) kept saying how hard polygamy is.  She does look ragged.  Take a picture of her in black and white and we'll think it's a photo from the dust bowl of someone after a journey across the country toting 12 children and a mule.  She is a walking red flag of why her granddaughter should run far away from this lifestyle.  I liked how she basically said, yep, wives will leave with no warning when they get sick of this garbage and take the kids with them.  

I assume the two Winder "wives" only have sex with Kermit when they are trying to conceive.  We've already heard that between work and the farm he is rarely around.  Other than breeding stock and paying the bills, he seems to have little input into the family dynamic.  Sophie calls the shots in that "marriage".  Of course if sex with Kermit was my only option, I would want to make that as a rare an occurrence as possible. Then again, there is not a man on this show I could imagine wanting to bed.   

These women keep trying to convince me these men are desirable.  They are not drunk, so beer goggles aren't involved. Some of the men could be attractive until they open their mouths.  Then a big old truckload of nope comes into play. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I’ve been foolish enough to think about Dannielle throughout the day and have come to some conclusions about her marriage to No-el Osteen:

He holds all the power in their relationship and came to her with his justification for having a mistress second wife onboard. If Dannielle didn’t agree to it, he would divorce her and fight for custody of their kids. She doesn’t want them to lose their intact family and she doesn’t want to be alone. I don’t recall the circumstances but hadn’t they separated before? 

The threat of divorce hovers over her head every day and silently factors into all her decisions, maybe without her even realizing it.  So she made some calculations and chose Door #2 to agree to let Garrick satisfy his lust religious leanings, while she tried to control whatever else she could. She is hoping that she’ll be okay with the arrangement over time, but she’s so obviously hurt. For a sham divorce, we saw her awfully emotional, more-so than what would be the case for someone who was just playing along and knew it was meaningless. I didn’t see Garrick giving a shit, did you? (He probably had a stiffy upon signing the divorce papers, knowing he’ll be screwing Metal Head soon.)

If she doesn’t appear outwardly like Little Mart Sunshine, Garrick will be pissed and throw in her face that she agreed to this. He’ll make her the “crazy one” who lied/doesn’t know what she wants/is unstable/is ungodly/etc. I hope Dannielle can grow a backbone before she’s lost all self-respect.

• Love 13
On 4/12/2021 at 9:46 PM, Adeejay said:

That Garrick had to “get some” before Dannielle returned to the room, tells me that this doesn’t have anything to do with religion.  Unless I am mistaken, I thought they had to wait until after the ceremony to consummate their marriage.

He was "intimate" with her before on another one of their trips.  People can claim to be Christian just like I can claim to be the queen of England - doesn't make it true.

On 4/12/2021 at 9:52 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Dimitri...”she is in shape” ...he is gross.

He is - I would say he's "the grossest" but he lost that title tonight when Garrett smirked about boning the Brazilian while Danielle was off changing clothes.  Stealing that title from Dimitri is all that fucker has to brag about.

12 hours ago, dsteele said:

As itThe more I think about this, the more it bothers me. When Prospective Poontang #2 arrived, they just swarmed her and stuck like glue to a person they'd never met. Kids that age just don't do that naturally. Some part of it certainly could be a lack of attention from the parents but this seems more over-the-top. Makes me wonder if they haven't been coached: "Now, when Daddy's new wife gets here you have to show her lots of love just like you do to me. If she doesn't feel welcomed, she won't want to live here and maybe that will be your fault."

As it's season three for them, I'm starting to smell a "reality career" here.  All they have to do is point the kids to the cameras, tell them that when the new lady walks through the door they are "acting" and to jump all over her.  If they were real the kids' behavior would be weird; to me what's weirder is the prospective women being so excited to be hung on by the kids 🙄. That Taylor from Atlanta - she's too cute and fun for anyone to believe she's watched 2 seasons of this and now is dying to join their family.  The only reason I'm not saying that about the other woman is she may want a way to move here legally.

As for The King and his Queens - that Kay obviously has some daddy issues she is working out, and they are just exploiting the heck out of that.  Why they just can't hire a nanny/housekeeper I don't know.  Not only does she have 2 jobs, but she has a friend she's staying with, so she's either there fighting with them for TV time or she's even worse psychologically than she appears on the show.  

As an aside, that Vanessa (First Queen) has always looked odd to me and tonight I figured out why - she looks like a Simpsons character 😈

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Mothra said:

If we could get hold of Dannielle and take her to a hotel to watch herself and the despicable Garrish on tv, do you think we could convince her to leave him?  The way he talked over her and interrupted her when they were with the wedding planner was inexcusable, and Dannielle ought to have walked away at that point.  In fact, she should have called a cab, gone back to the airport and left her ex-husband and his bombshell to their own devices.  Danielle is allowing herself to be used to justify horndoggery.  And I hate to be the one to break it to her, but Roberta's dental (or oral) problems will not be solved by bracing.  Girl has a good half-mile of gums there that don't even look pink and healthy.

I hope she thinks about it, goes home, and calls immigration and tells them everything on that application was a lie and they get denied. Then she can go to court, say Garrick lied in court, and sue him for everything he has. He is a gross pig and I wish I could punch him and his not-bombshell home wrecker right in their face.

• Love 12

I may have said this before.  I am haunted by personal experience with people in polygamy.  The women I have known went into this scenario because they felt like the other women could help them survive, flourish together and most importantly get the best spot in heaven.  Also, the women only took their youngest children with them.  The older kids stayed behind.  These people on this show, I just don’t see in the same way and so I don’t have compassion for them.  The children should not be on this show.

• Love 3

Ohhhh these people!

Garrick and his cat that ate the canary look and giggles.  And then just blatantly ignoring Dannielle and talking over her!  Castration is too good for this man.

That King!!  They need to subtitle him because I can't even understand him.  And damn that Queen 1 is ugly.  I mean beat with an ugly stick ugly.  And crazy.  She seems to leap from causing problems to trying to repair the problems.  Run #2, run!!!!  #2 is not a catch, but she clearly has some issues and this liaison will only make this worse.

Miscarriage girl and the prego.  That won't end well.  They might be in it for the "right" reasons but when they added wife #2 they gained a personality that is going to destroy the family.

I won't even talk about Dmitiir and co other than to say that Ms. Sout Africa may not be as passive and quiet as they think.  I have many friends from there.  They are very polite and quiet but they have strong opinions and will defend them.  That battle could be fun to watch.

l  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BravoAddict72 said:

I hope she thinks about it, goes home, and calls immigration and tells them everything on that application was a lie and they get denied. Then she can go to court, say Garrick lied in court, and sue him for everything he has. He is a gross pig and I wish I could punch him and his not-bombshell home wrecker right in their face.

I need to "like" this more times than I'm allowed.

• Love 9
On 4/13/2021 at 12:23 AM, vintagesac said:

Jarod is just loving the idea of being King to his tribe. That narcissistic ass is getting bigger and bigger, and will have his wives fanning him as he lays on the couch all day pretty soon. I know Kay can’t help being so tiny, but it grosses me out how they treat her like an insolent teen, I was waiting for them to ground her! She’s got her jobs, she needs to leave now before they turn her into the maid they had planned.

He's like Dimitri and wife #1 whose name I can't recall.  They want Kaye to stay home while Vanessa gets out of the house, just as not-really-Mrs. Snowden wanted someone to stay home with the kids so she could pursue a career.  You're doing fine on your own, Kaye; they need you more than you need them (which is not at all).  And Jarod with his over-muscular yet short in height body (Napoleon syndrome?) and her with her tiny body--I'm worried for her physical safety once the cameras leave.  He may be using steroids; he may be a perfectly gentle and peaceful man, but I still worry.  I'm always leery of a short man who builds up his body into an exaggerated muscle-bound fireplug.

And I think maybe not-really-Mrs. Snowden doesn't show much if any affection to their children.  Do the kids ever swarm over her, demanding to be held?  I haven't seen it.  I think the expected reaction to a strange woman coming into the house would be for small children to cling to their mother, not run away from her to the newcomer, lavishing affection on someone they don't know.  The Snowdens seem to think this is charming; I think it's pathological, and I think many years of therapy lie ahead for those kids.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I may have said this before.  I am haunted by personal experience with people in polygamy.  The women I have known went into this scenario because they felt like the other women could help them survive, flourish together and most importantly get the best spot in heaven.  Also, the women only took their youngest children with them.  The older kids stayed behind.  These people on this show, I just don’t see in the same way and so I don’t have compassion for them.  The children should not be on this show.

That's only the lure for Mormon women (and not even modern Mormons at that) so other than the Kermits no one on this show has that excuse!

• Love 2
On 4/13/2021 at 12:02 AM, Emmeline said:

I find it very strange that the kids are hanging all over every woman they bring into their home.  Are the children starved for affection or what the heck?

Exactly this!! It's super weird to me that the kids have no qualms about crawling all over whatever wife du jour their parents bring in. They did the same thing with Vanessa and probably all the ones we haven't seen. I feel like Ashley wants to lighten her load so she says up this whole kids in love with you BS knowing the women have to at least pretend. IIRC they even had kids sleeping with Vanessa.

• Love 5
On 4/14/2021 at 11:39 AM, Mothra said:

I'm always leery of a short man who builds up his body into an exaggerated muscle-bound fireplug.

I don't share this concern, generally, but his posturing over her while she was trying to get away, insisting on "walking her out," he just had a really threatening, aggressive posture and I was really concerned I was going to watch some domestic violence in real time (I'm watching this for the first time right now). It's clear these two are super controlling, but he looked like he was barely containing his rage. I am definitely concerned for this poor girl.

And NOW they're dragging her back in the house. #savekaye

• Love 5

Pleased to see so many comments about the barnacle children clinging to each new woman who comes into the Snowdens' house.  Watching that little boy curl up and cling to each woman as if they were his mother was just very disturbing to me. Its absolutely abnormal for a child to do that. When the second woman came in, the children were just hanging off her the entire time.  It just gets under my skin.  Its bad if its due to lack of attention, and its worse if they're being coached.  

I mean, its hard for me to get my head around, even if they are coached, the way that boy was just wrapped around her constantly just seems very excessive, I don't think most children would want to do that with someone other than a parent or very close relative. Its hard for me to understand why the boy would do that for such a long time.   UGH.

And then the other major loser on this show - Garrick. He just makes my skin crawl. I think one of the most "real" moments I've ever seen on a reality show was when Danielle was being interviewed by the producers at the end about her fears and she started tearing up and asked to take a break. I felt in that moment the gravity of what she did was really hitting her.

I cannot believe she was willing to sign the divorce papers. I mean, she has no leverage over him at all.  Her only recourse would be to file for child support from him.  Maybe she should do that since they're divorced. At least to make sure her kids are getting a portion of his $$$ before the chick from Brazil gets pregnant.  I don't know. Its just really sad if she was so pressured by him and she felt no ability to stand up for herself. He is a total tool and very gross. 

• Love 10
On 4/15/2021 at 8:03 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Exactly this!! It's super weird to me that the kids have no qualms about crawling all over whatever wife du jour their parents bring in. They did the same thing with Vanessa and probably all the ones we haven't seen. I feel like Ashley wants to lighten her load so she says up this whole kids in love with you BS knowing the women have to at least pretend. IIRC they even had kids sleeping with Vanessa.

They were all over Vanessa's sister when she visited last season, too. They are never clinging to their own parents. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Pleased to see so many comments about the barnacle children clinging to each new woman who comes into the Snowdens' house.  Watching that little boy curl up and cling to each woman as if they were his mother was just very disturbing to me. Its absolutely abnormal for a child to do that. When the second woman came in, the children were just hanging off her the entire time.  It just gets under my skin.  Its bad if its due to lack of attention, and its worse if they're being coached.  

I mean, its hard for me to get my head around, even if they are coached, the way that boy was just wrapped around her constantly just seems very excessive, I don't think most children would want to do that with someone other than a parent or very close relative. Its hard for me to understand why the boy would do that for such a long time.   UGH.

And then the other major loser on this show - Garrick. He just makes my skin crawl. I think one of the most "real" moments I've ever seen on a reality show was when Danielle was being interviewed by the producers at the end about her fears and she started tearing up and asked to take a break. I felt in that moment the gravity of what she did was really hitting her.

I cannot believe she was willing to sign the divorce papers. I mean, she has no leverage over him at all.  Her only recourse would be to file for child support from him.  Maybe she should do that since they're divorced. At least to make sure her kids are getting a portion of his $$$ before the chick from Brazil gets pregnant.  I don't know. Its just really sad if she was so pressured by him and she felt no ability to stand up for herself. He is a total tool and very gross. 

I think the clingers were the girls, bindis and all.  But I very much agree with your post.  GarrICK is skeevy as hell, and Dannielle should get herself a new guy.  The divorce broke her heart, just like Meri Brown had happen to her.

• Love 2

For some reason, I watched this episode again, and I feel like Kaye is getting off a little too easily here. Yes, Jarod has stupid ideas about kings and tribes and [other lingo for how to control multiple women], but he does not seem to have made a secret of this. For some reason, although she appears to be intelligent, capable, and attractive, Kaye chose to join said tribe and become a "queen." Now she wants to work 'round the clock at two jobs and be away from Jarod's village most waking hours. I respect her hustle, but this is not what she agreed to.

Every time they're shown talking, Jarod stays fairly calm and reasonable (again, within the bounds of his stupid ideas) and Kaye flips the fuck out. It definitely has crossed my mind that she could be at the end of her rope because Jarod gaslights her -- I will not rule that out -- but she goes nuclear really fast, and the things she says sound way out of proportion to the thing she's mad about. There may be a lot more we don't know that would make it all make sense. Or this could all be fake and she's overacting by several orders of magnitude.

But given only the information the show has provided, Jarod and Wife 1 are sticking to the plan and Kaye is the one not cooperating. They're handling it better than I would if I ever decided to try out this lifestyle, which is the absolute last thing on earth I'd ever do thanks to TLC's many shows about these miserable people. I don't even understand why Kaye is maintaining the illusion of a relationship with them. They just moved to a new house and she's not moving with them, she's deeply uncomfortable around everyone, and every interaction with Jarod ends in screaming. Girl, move on.

• Love 7

Just watched this one as I recorded them. 

How much younger is Kaye than King and Queen?? Every segment with them is so hard to watch!! They treat her like a teenage daughter, or a younger sister they have become guardians of until she's grown. 

Why does she called him Gerard instead of Jarod? 

Why doesn't Queen #1 move her mouth when she talks?

So many questions. 

• Love 5
On 4/23/2021 at 11:21 AM, Canadian Girl said:

Just watched this one as I recorded them. 

How much younger is Kaye than King and Queen?? Every segment with them is so hard to watch!! They treat her like a teenage daughter, or a younger sister they have become guardians of until she's grown. 

Why does she called him Gerard instead of Jarod? 

Why doesn't Queen #1 move her mouth when she talks?

So many questions. 

I can't answer them all, but I believe she calls him "ja-ROD"