Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: About Last Night

• Start Topic

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

When Rebecca's dumb ass told Zied to stop yelling... she disgusts me, I can't stand her.

Agree.  He was calmly speaking and asking questions.  After telling him not to yell at her, she proceeded 30 seconds later to start yelling at him.

This woman is so pathetic I can hardly believe it.

Edited by AZChristian
Plural plural errors. Please send coffee.
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Exactly. They could certainly marry during Ramadan, they just need to do it at night, and keep the sexy time to the hours after sunset. But of course, we're talking about Sharp here. All misinformation and half truths about other cultures. 

Wait till she finds out that Zied will be fasting during Ramadan during daylight hours, will she ask, "why you not eat, you hungry, eat now, like horse?"

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Plus she didn't have a problem with the drinking and partying as long as he was spending his money taking her to exotic vacations. She also knew before moving to the US that his job required him to be gone for long stretches of time. Now she's pregnant and can't party anymore. Boo Hoo cry me a river. She really needs to be nicer to Jovi's mom, too. That woman has done nothing wrong except try to make Yara feel at home. 

Enh I don't know about that.  If I remember correctly NonBonJovi's mom made some rude remarks about leaving Yara home alone --something about her stealing stuff from her house.  IDK it just sort of rubbed me the wrong way.  And then this engagement party, Yara specifically said she wanted a SMALL party and then mom invited half the damn county.  Luckily Yara took it in stride but it still was pretty rude.  And now the wedding itself, Yara wants to elope to Vegas and here's mom again interjecting her own opinion into it.  Back off already!

• Love 17

I am loving the Rebecca hate. I never noticed the Tarzan speak. Zyed seems like an intelligent guy and his English has definitely improved since their last appearance. It sounds like he's been taking English classes because some of the words he says almost have a British accent as the clasess/app he's using probably is geared to Europeans. Sure, he wants a green card but I also feel like there's a little of what Azan was going through -- overwhelmed by an American woman who is sexually free and can show him a different life. He might actually like Rebecca. But maybe more as a mom. 

Now I'll start on Natalie and Mike because I refrained earlier. Mike. Sitting there like King Shit in his Adirondack chair accepting Natalie's fealty fake apology. After all these seasons of 90D and the spinoffs I still don't know the intricacies of the law but it's probably not a good idea to say repeatedly during the K-1 period ON CAMERA "We're not engaged right now." When she was bending the knee apologizing he puffed up, even more than his usual puffy self, that he had Natalie where he wanted her.

Natalie though...part of me feels for her and her desperation, part of me sees her as the Eastern European plotting female trope. She was dead honest in her chat with her friend and I have to respect that. And no judgement -- we've all have our COVID struggles -- but girlfriend gained some L-Bs. Her face was so full and she had an ass. I know their sequences were shot all out of order based on the changing footwear but it seemed really noticeable compared with the footage from last week. 

Regardless, they're a horrible couple and neither one of them will ever be happy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I think Libby and Andrrrrei did it right, since they got married in the states, had a kid and then asked TLC to pay for a blow out wedding in the home country.  I was so entertained by the Moldovan customs and the dancers cavorting around the room.  I say, send them all back for weddings in the home country! Of course, I’m pretty sure that Rebecca will find an excuse not to go because secretly she’s afraid that Zied won’t come back once he’s in the loving arms of his family and sitting on real furniture.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Agree.  He was calmly speaking and asking questions.  After telling him not to yell at her, she proceeded 30 seconds later to start yelling at him.

This woman is so pathetic I can hardly believe it.

She really is kinda sad.  One minute she is more than happy to lie (about her divorce status), sleep with Zied in the desert, but when a woman offers to help move FURNITURE so he can, you know, sit down, that is FORBIDDEN!

• Love 11
(edited)
On 3/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Harris or Hairus as she says

You’re right! Her “flinty” twang and creaky old lady voice are like nails on a chalkboard to me. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Dobian said:

Stephanie: "Now that I've broken up with Ryan, I need a good SOLID friend who can I can talk to and go to bed with and maybe take back to America to marry next week."

ftfy

• LOL 3
20 hours ago, RealReality said:

Anyways, I assume this time she will do what's all the rage now and just ask people to go online and fund her honeymoon.  

Maybe she should register at IKEA

• LOL 7

Stephanie is gross, Ryan wasn't out the door a good five seconds before she decided to call his cousin Harris.  She thought she could control Ryan with money, gifts and a promise of coming to America.  Most self respecting men would find that insulting. 

Poor Yara is beating a dead horse when it comes to Jovi's drinking.  I really hope changes for their baby's sake.

Natalie GO HOME! He's showing and telling you that he doesn't love you. 

• Love 6
On 3/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I came here to say this. She is a high on Rx drugs sex tourist. If the gender roles were reversed like Big Ed we would be crucifying Stephanie. They shouldn’t film her anymore. She is not kooky she is getting a bit of a pass cuz  she is thin white blonde and fair skinned she is a sex tourist with a substance problem.  

That said she didn’t deserve an assault.

also that said, Hair-usss is better looking by ten miles than Ryan. Gawd this show ! Did I really just type that ? 

I think we are all at our wits end with all this bullshit of a show.  Natalie does not love him, Rebecca just wants young D, Stephanie is all junked up, Brandon is a mamas boy, the guy in New Orleans is a cheater, who else.  Anyhow, they all want the Green Card, then probably split.  Every damn week, they give a little snippet of something new in between 500 commercials.  Yet, I watch like a fool.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I'm still waiting for Rebecca to give Zied the gaming system she bought for him.  

Of course, then she'd likely just start bitching that he doesn't do anything all day but sit around playing video games.  

Or maybe she's afraid he'll encounter (gasp) women in the gaming rooms and had second thoughts.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, spunky said:

Poor Yara is beating a dead horse when it comes to Jovi's drinking.  I really hope changes for their baby's sake.

Yet she still has unprotected sex with the raging douchebag.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, RealReality said:

Anyways, I assume this time she will do what's all the rage now and just ask people to go online and fund her honeymoon.  

Sidebar for a moment:  This is eye twitch behavior for me, and let me tell you, people who do this will NOT back down that it is okay to ask people to pay for their OPTIONAL LIFE CHOICE VACATION.  I once got an invite that had a poem in it that straight up asked for cash for a gift.  I declined the invite and said a silent prayer for her deceased mom, who would have ben horrified.

On topic?  @RealReality has an excellent point about the apartment being so bare.  You can't swing by a goodwill and get a slow cooker?  A coffee pot?  A griddle?  Dishes?  Nothing?  Oh wait....there might be a female sales clerk who will rung him up.  "No Zied, no talk to girl.  Girl bad."

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Yet she still has unprotected sex with the raging douchebag.

I agree with this.  I like Yara, but Jovi took off when she had a miscarriage and treated it like it wasn't a big deal.  

Why would she expect more from him now?

If he is drinking on a daily basis to the point where he always has a bottle of beer, he was probably a disaster when they were on vacation.   

This should have been a red flag to at least ask a few questions before making a baby with him. 

Both parties are equally responsible but I feel like Jovis behavior makes it clear that he will be gone for months at a time and when he is home he is going to want to drink and party with his friends.  

It seems like he is trying so credit to him for trying.  But his efforts came largely after her nagging him mercilessly.  Do you really want to have to guilt your husband into spending time with you and his child? 

I feel bad for Yara and I like her, but I dont understand why she would see all these problems and not try to prevent a pregnancy.  

49 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Sidebar for a moment:  This is eye twitch behavior for me, and let me tell you, people who do this will NOT back down that it is okay to ask people to pay for their OPTIONAL LIFE CHOICE VACATION.  I once got an invite that had a poem in it that straight up asked for cash for a gift.  I declined the invite and said a silent prayer for her deceased mom, who would have ben horrified.

On topic?  @RealReality has an excellent point about the apartment being so bare.  You can't swing by a goodwill and get a slow cooker?  A coffee pot?  A griddle?  Dishes?  Nothing?  Oh wait....there might be a female sales clerk who will rung him up.  "No Zied, no talk to girl.  Girl bad."

LOL, yeah, I'm not paying you for a poem.  I will cover the cost of my rubbery chicken dinner at the wedding with the store-bought cheesecake smothered in fruit compote.  If you want that in the form of cash or website payment....cool. 

But a poem, no.  LOL however I appreciate the hustle and I guess you have to cast a wide net if you're trying to fund your vacation with donations off a poem.  

***Rebecca really ought to be ashamed.  I know she is working a lot, I get it.  But if she didn't want to get it out of storage, you're right she could have just bought a few things.  I daresay that she could have picked up a lot of things at the local Walmart or target for the same price they charge at my local goodwill.  

Her daughters boyfriend and a few friends could have moved in a few pieces of furniture.  She is living like a 20 year old with a mattress on the floor.  Do better.  Get your frame out of storage before he gets there.  

****I won't judge Rebecca too harshly for her yelling comment.  If her ex was abusive she may be particularly sensitive.  Ill give her the benefit of the doubt though I rolled my eyes with the rest of you. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RealReality said:

I also agree about Stephanie.  I realize that no one cares about Ryan's feelings and that's fine.  But I think its a sucky thing for her to secretly exercise financial control over him.  He is probably proud of himself for getting a resort job and he probably does work hard.  I think its really going to suck for him to find out his livelihood and independence were just a game a rich white woman was playing with him.   

Totally agree!  I got the impression that he was proud of his resort job and worked hard at it.  Hopefully it'll translate into another good job for him though.  I don't believe he deserves to lose his livelihood because of this crazy, entitled white woman.  Personally, I don't see what he's done wrong.  For starters, he's 27 and acts like a 27 year old.  Second, the crazy bitch basically had a transactional relationship with him until she didn't.  They were both benefiting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I laughed over Harris’s travel journey to get to Stephanie’s bank account hotel room. Planes, trains, automobiles, boats, bicycles, hot air balloons....whatever it took to get a seat on the gravy train. This guy knows how to keep his eye on the prize.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

My goodness, Yara can whine like a boss! Plus it make her already irritating voice even more irritating. I don't think anyone has ever successfully cured a person of a habit simply by whining... If this a producer bit of storyline I'd say they hate us all.

Southern hospitality is grand regardless of what you are serving, celebrating or mourning. I do agree that Jovi could have checked on her every once in a while, though. But she has to understand that different areas/cultures have different ways of doing things. If drinking wasn't a big part of New Orleans/Cajun/Creole culture then it would not exist there. I think they still have Blue Laws. And what is she bringing to the relationship? There are customs that travel well and if she had anything she liked about hers I'm sure she could be sharing them with him.

I turned the tv down when she was on this last time because I couldn't take it anymore.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I feel bad for Yara and I like her, but I dont understand why she would see all these problems and not try to prevent a pregnancy.

She refuses to drink medicine as in won't take the pill, diaphram and IUD's are not her thing and Jovi is not fond of condoms so I hope she realizes that she will be having a lot of babies.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

Southern hospitality is grand regardless of what you are serving, celebrating or mourning. I do agree that Jovi could have checked on her every once in a while, though. But she has to understand that different areas/cultures have different ways of doing things. If drinking wasn't a big part of New Orleans/Cajun/Creole culture then it would not exist there. I think they still have Blue Laws. And what is she bringing to the relationship? There are customs that travel well and if she had anything she liked about hers I'm sure she could be sharing them with him.

Louisiana got rid of most Blue Laws a few decades ago and NOLA has always been exempt from them anyway. I'm from Louisiana and totally understand where Jovi and his family are coming from. Yara needs to get over herself and adjust her attitude if she's going to make it there. Cajuns are very loving and friendly as a rule, but they don't like being looked down on. I totally understand why JoviMom is upset that Yara doesn't want her at the wedding. Make their Vegas wedding a "destination" deal and invite his parents to come along for the ceremony and a small dinner celebration. They can retreat to their hotel room to start their honeymoon afterwards. I'm sure the parents won't barge in on that.

Jovi must have a damn good, well-paying job and she just needs to be grateful for that. I do agree that Jovi could cut back on booze before 5 o'clock, although I always have a Bloody Mary as soon as a plane takes off. It's the only way I can relax for a flight.

23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She refuses to drink medicine as in won't take the pill, diaphram and IUD's are not her thing and Jovi is not fond of condoms so I hope she realizes that she will be having a lot of babies.  

It's Julia that won't "drink" medicine and Brandon who doesn't think using a condom is "fun" 😆

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

Jovi must have a damn good, well-paying job and she just needs to be grateful for that. I do agree that Jovi could cut back on booze before 5 o'clock, although I always have a Bloody Mary as soon as a plane takes off. It's the only way I can relax for a flight.

I agree about the pay - a job that requires a schedule like that is probably pretty lucrative.  I also agree that the before 5 drinking should taper off, though.  I ma sure most of that is for show.

16 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

Cajuns are very loving and friendly as a rule, but they don't like being looked down on.

I agree.  On a solo hiking trip to Glacier I had a tour guide named Jim who went by Cajun Jim.  I honestly could not understand him sometimes, the drawl was so thick, lol!!!  He was a sweetheart!

• Love 1
On 3/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:

She really is kinda sad.  One minute she is more than happy to lie (about her divorce status), sleep with Zied in the desert, but when a woman offers to help move FURNITURE so he can, you know, sit down, that is FORBIDDEN!

I wonder if the girl was either a) married or b) homely would Rebecca still act the same?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I wonder if the girl was either a) married or b) homely would Rebecca still act the same?

Maybe....she seems so insecure, plus she had no problem getting with Zied while still married..........

• Love 2

This has been bugging me for quite a while. Natalie keeps saying that she wants her "mother there for the wedding." How does she think they can pull that off with just a few weeks' notice? Even without Covid restrictions, can anyone just hop on a "plane from Ukraine" and visit the US? If she means for her mother to watch the wedding streamed, can't she do that any time?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Think about it this way. When Rebecca first met Zied, she was married and homely. She knows his standards are not very high. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

What about Non Jovi's dad blacking out at the party? He said he didn't remember most of it. Is that a Cajun custom too? Great role model, dad.

And Zied was not yelling at Rebecca. At all. Zied can do better.

Stephanie is a total slurring drunk and an embarrassment to 50 something year olds everywhere.

Call me crazy, but I felt like there was a sweet moment between Mike and Natalie, and her apology. Those kids could make it work. Okay, I'm crazy.

Brandon doesn't give a shit about wedding dresses, but he could have been a little more enthused. Gosh darn it, I like Julia.

Skipped thru Amira and Tarzel. Not invested in either of their "journeys".

Edited by sauce62
  • Love 8

I have to believe that production told Brandon to look totally bored . . . and even to yawn if he could.

IMO, no man who wants to have a happy marriage is going to show NO interest in one of happiest days of a bride-to-be's life . . . trying on wedding gowns.  She was really wanting his approval and opinion.  He had told Betty to say nothing, and then he acted like he could not have cared less.  Poor Julia.

• Love 8

Tarzel: I think Tarik should get with Minty and Hazel should go back home. Hazel is too jealous and Minty seems to be better suited to him. I admit Hazel is very pretty but she is a strange person!

Rebecca and Zied: Rebecca is an idiot. She's desperate, pathetic, and needy. She's had three marriages in the past, so who's the common denominator in all of this? Her.

I think the reason Zied didn’t tell her earlier about the wedding is because maybe he’s tired of her insecurity and her controlling behavior. She really turned her personality into something he’s not liking now. 

Also, I did some more research on Ramadan, and in Tunisia, they don’t get married during Ramadan. It’s before or after. The 27th of Ramadan is a special day when you can go and ask your girlfriend’s hands from her father and make your relationship official, or if she’s your fiance you go visit her and bring her a lot of gifts. At first I thought that Zied was in this relationship only for the green card, but I now think he is really in love with her and he wants to marry her before Ramadan because even though they’re not religious or so strict about religion, they do value Ramadan, and he can’t be with her at that month if she is not his wife. He also can’t kiss her during the day. 

Andrew and Amira: She should listen to her father, Andrew is a manipulative loser who doesn't seem to be concerned about her safety. He’s only thinking about his horny ass. 

Anyone who can enjoy a sunny vacation while their fiancé has been detained by the Mexican authorities is just a fucking bum. And then to have the balls to suggest she try that again. 

Why in the world is that beautiful woman even thinking of being with Andrew?!? I don’t get it.

Jovi and Yara: I don’t blame Yara for giving Jovi an ultimatum. I think she had some legitimate concerns that needed to be addressed. Jovi seemed disinterested in what Yara had to say, so I’d say Yara didn’t have much of a choice but to make an ultimatum. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 3/2/2021 at 10:17 AM, RealReality said:

I totally agree about Rebecca.  I think that consciously or subconsciously she knows that she loses a measure of control once the marriage happens.  

It sounds like that is how she perceives things happened with the last marriage.  As soon as they married....he changed.*

But, to me, its like, if zied is going to go dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on you, its inevitable.  Its either going to happen when you marry him in a week or its going to happen when you marry him on day 89.  

S

As soon as they get married, Rebecca will be able to file paperwork for Zied's work permit. Right now she has all the control. She wants Zied to be dependent on her for as long as possible. 

On 3/2/2021 at 10:52 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes, it was a succession of “okay to go out and enjoy the Chinese New Year, fifteen days to flatten the curve, no need for masks, no one needs to worry too much” and then continued to morph into where we are now. So of course there would be confusion about wedding/party plans and dates. Yet somehow Zied seems to understand the implications and Rebecca just won’t hear of it.

Zied is probably thinking about the work permit and how Corona is shutting down services. He probably wants to get married before Ramadan for two reasons 1) to start the residency paperwork 2) to get in front of the line for residency paperwork in case Corona shuts down or slows down the process. 

On 3/2/2021 at 11:15 AM, Liamsmom617 said:

Not only that, I know that at least one of the previous boyfriends/husbands was also Muslim. How in the hell does she not know by now that they can’t have sex during Ramadan if they’re not married?

Her past husband probably stopped sleeping with her as soon as they got married so she doesn't know the ins and outs of Ramadan and other religious events. 

On 3/2/2021 at 8:38 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

To save my life I can't figure out why the crackerjack writing team at Sharp can't come up with a different spin on the "wedding conflict" story line. Everyone mews about wanting a dream wedding and hardly anyone has anything but a sad, ragtag, thrown together affair. 

Exactly. They could certainly marry during Ramadan, they just need to do it at night, and keep the sexy time to the hours after sunset. But of course, we're talking about Sharp here. All misinformation and half truths about other cultures. 

I'm thinking "wedding conflict" is a nice vehicle to spotlight different businesses in the area. We get to see some bridal stores, some interesting venues. Most couples would probably go for a small courthouse wedding or JP in a park or backyard. But, instead Sharp organises a small trip with interesting scenery and manufactured conflict. 

On 3/3/2021 at 6:35 AM, ethalfrida said:

My goodness, Yara can whine like a boss! Plus it make her already irritating voice even more irritating. I don't think anyone has ever successfully cured a person of a habit simply by whining... If this a producer bit of storyline I'd say they hate us all.

I turned the tv down when she was on this last time because I couldn't take it anymore.

Yara and Jovi meet on vacation and probably spend 100% of their time together without friends and family around them. The party was probably the first time they had an interaction around a lot of people so, I can totally understand why Jovi believes "checking in" on Yara is as simple as seeing that she is chatting to someone and looks happy as opposed to standing alone looking at her phone. Whilst Yara's expectation was a little more involved with him actually walking up to her and verbally checking in. 

I personally don't think Jovi did anything wrong because they appeared to be joined at the hip at the start of the party.  And I don't blame Yara for not telling him what she expected because she thought she was going to a small gathering and not a massive party. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm on Yara's side.  SHE needs to adjust?  SHE needs to understand?  SHE needs to understand the culture?

Jovi isn't smart or experienced enough to see that EVERYTHING is coming at Yara at the same time WHILE PREGNANT!

• Overbearing (disguised as sweet and family-oriented) Mom who rules the roost intends to have the type of party SHE wants, regardless of Yara's discomfort.
  • Mom will have the wedding of HER dreams.
  • Mom's grandchildren might live in another country?  Oh, NO!  No regard for Yara's mom..she's just a Ukranian.
  • Ukranian women scam American men because America is their dream (Yara says otherwise).
  • Note to Yara:  Jovi and his stepfather are accustomed to taking orders from Mom...just continue the tradition.
Edited by Back Atcha
punked-chuation!
  • Love 13
13 hours ago, greekmom said:

I think if her homegirl, Val or whatever had offered help and a truck while Rebecca was working she would have been all over that Dani trying to hump Mohammed.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/1/2021 at 3:28 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not understand any of the wedding plans these people make, how will family and friends make to the states for a wedding, money is always the issue so plane tickets would be paid for by whom?  Visas can take a long time, money is scarce for most of the importers to pay for any type of wedding not held at the court house AND they wait till the last minute to plan anything?  So when Rebecca says she wants her fourth dream wedding what has she done to prepare for it?

That's what kills me when they describe the Visa as a trial period. It's not. You're supposed to know and be preparing to marry this person. Not doing a will they or won't they for three months. There hasn't been a time in history when it's been easier to have a long distance relationship, meet each other's families,  and and plan a wedding  because of technology. These people know they want love. They create a dating profile. Fly to another country,  fall in love, and file all the paperwork for the visa, but can't figure out how to do some preparation for their wedding?

• Love 11

You know, I understand that production doesn’t always film things in order and these shows are filmed at a particular time and then the process of creating the episodes begins and  sometimes they film some more.  This show proves how TLC lies and pretends just  to keep us watching.  Will Natalie go home? Will mike give her the ring? Will it be too late for Natalie to have kids?  Will they get married?  Riiggghhhttt.  I believe the whole Mike and Natalie story is fabricated.  I believe she is pregnant in all the episodes this season. I think it was in the first episode this season she talked about mike needing to lose weight and her needing to gain weight.  Who talks ever like that except a chemo patient and a pregnant woman? So many signs and we just say poor her. So, I’m willing to accept the situation (sounding like Natalie with the gritted teeth) but yes, she’s a fairly active actress and yes, she’s pregnant. TLC reality shows are fake in a big way.  Did they do this just to make us mad?  Right now I hate them all because I feel cheated and disrespected.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

I could not be happier with my JP courthouse wedding, 1st marriage, mid-30s, I had been living with my now husband for years, our finances were intertwined, we had already built a home and a life together. Don't get me wrong, I am very much in love with my husband now and then but getting married for me was as much a prudent legal decision about the life we had built together being protected if god forbid something happened to one of us than having others recognize us signing some paperwork, it's not difficult to get married.

I dunno, the big marriage always seemed like more a rite of passage into full adulthood for a 20-something, putting their first home together, thinking about starting a family, careers starting to gain steam, about the only thing that changed for me post marriage was my last name and selling my house since we both already owned houses.

• Love 6

yada made it through her life until this point without having children, she absolutely knew what she was doing....getting pregnant by an american twice in short succession.  she has no intention of flying back to Ukraine, if it was so great she would have stayed.  there are probably 1000s of girls who would take her place in a hot minute from her hometown.

I like her and think she is much smarter than he is, but this is a situation of her own doing.  if she isn't happy she should take herself back to Ukraine rather than complain about New Orleans.  she won't.  it's a bluff, but now she is pregnant and she has more leverage. everyone will make her happy to keep the kid in the US.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, John M said:

I could not be happier with my JP courthouse wedding, 1st marriage, mid-30s, I had been living with my now husband for years, our finances were intertwined, we had already built a home and a life together. Don't get me wrong, I am very much in love with my husband now and then but getting married for me was as much a prudent legal decision about the life we had built together being protected if god forbid something happened to one of us than having others recognize us signing some paperwork, it's not difficult to get married.

I dunno, the big marriage always seemed like more a rite of passage into full adulthood for a 20-something, putting their first home together, thinking about starting a family, careers starting to gain steam, about the only thing that changed for me post marriage was my last name and selling my house since we both already owned houses.

I did not have a JP wedding (wanted one, though!) as someone who was married and divorced and getting married again I knew that bottom line:  It is a legal thing, nothing more.  (Geez am I jaded or what?)

I love to chide people when they say "We are married but it does not feel that different!"  My response?  Wait until April 15th......it will feel different then!   🙂

• LOL 4
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I did not have a JP wedding (wanted one, though!) as someone who was married and divorced and getting married again I knew that bottom line:  It is a legal thing, nothing more.  (Geez am I jaded or what?)

I love to chide people when they say "We are married but it does not feel that different!"  My response?  Wait until April 15th......it will feel different then!   🙂

Honestly cohabitatting was the much bigger thing for me. After the initial adjustment period it was like, whoa, we have all this extra money now! Marriage was more an annoying paperwork thing since we combined our last names.

52 minutes ago, John M said:

Honestly cohabitatting was the much bigger thing for me. After the initial adjustment period it was like, whoa, we have all this extra money now! Marriage was more an annoying paperwork thing since we combined our last names.

As someone who has changed her legal name five times, I feel you.  In case you are curious:

First middle maiden

First middle married, then

First Maiden Married, then got a divorce and went back to:

First Middle Maiden, then got remarried and:

First Middle Married

I am NEVER changing my name again, lol!!!  Yes I said never.

I think cohabitating was a bigger deal to my hubby as well as he was 52 when we married and had never lived with anyone before. No girlfriends, not even a roommate!  

• Useful 3
(edited)

I no longer think Amira is too good for sweaty, selfish Andrew. She's beautiful, but dumb as a rock if she actually told Mexican immigration what she was there for. All that, "I don't know what happened."  She's as stupid & annoying as he is.  I'm not saying she deserves him, cos no one deserves that, but he's on her level.

Harris hit the jackpot. He said he's an agricultural worker. Imagine the life of an agricultural worker in Belize. You work 15 hour days amid toxic pesticides under the hot sun, go home to your shanty to eat subsistence food. Then you get this call from a crazy, rich, high American. No wonder Harris said he traveled all day & night to get to that hotel. Even if she doesn't bring him to the US, the gifts she's promised him are probably worth more than he makes in a year.  And she knows all of that. She's no better than Big Ed. At least she hasn't told him he has bad breath on camera.

Edited by TakeAPinotGrigio
spelling is fun!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I no longer think Amira is too good for sweaty, selfish Andrew. She's beautiful, but dumb as a rock if she actually told Mexican immigration what she was there for. All that, "I don't know what happened."  She's as stupid & annoying as he is.  I'm not saying she deserves him, cos no one deserves that, but he's on her level.

Harris hit the jackpot. He said he's an agricultural worker. Imagine the life of an agricultural worker in Belize. You work 15 hour days amid toxic pesticides under the hot sun, go home to your shanty to eat subsistence food. Then you get this call from a crazy, rich, high American. No wonder Harris said he traveled all day & night to get to that hotel. Even if she doesn't bring him to the US, the gifts she's promised him are probably worth more than he makes in a year.  And she knows all of that. She's no better that Big Ed. At least she hasn't told him he has bad breath on camera.

I was thinking that too - how hard he must work, in total heat, then gets to sleep in a comfy bed with A/C?  And bone?  No wonder he hightailed it to her hotel room!  He was like "Yeah I will be there, baby!!"

I agree about Amira, too - she must be dim.  All this "I don't know what happened" and the fact that she did not drop him when he mentioned trying this stupid idea AGAIN.....you get what is coming, girl.  Listen to you dad!!

• Love 9
On 3/2/2021 at 3:35 PM, ethalfrida said:

Southern hospitality is grand regardless of what you are serving, celebrating or mourning. I do agree that Jovi could have checked on her every once in a while, though. But she has to understand that different areas/cultures have different ways of doing things. If drinking wasn't a big part of New Orleans/Cajun/Creole culture then it would not exist there. I think they still have Blue Laws. And what is she bringing to the relationship? 

On 3/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, Back Atcha said:

• Note to Yara:  Jovi and his stepfather are accustomed to taking orders from Mom...just continue the tradition.

Was Father Jovi revealed to be a step in this episode? That would more explain his behavior I describe below.  

I watched Yara at the party in the episode before this one. She's a tall voluptuous foreign woman, and the men were too overwhelmed to talk to her, including Father Jovi, who literally looked like a hungry wolf. His eyes were narrowed, and I could almost see saliva dripping from his panting tongue. The other men grouped together and made furtive glances at Yara. No wonder she wanted to leave. She knew what was happening. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TakeAPinotGrigio said:

I no longer think Amira is too good for sweaty, selfish Andrew. She's beautiful, but dumb as a rock if she actually told Mexican immigration what she was there for. 

And if it’s true that she didn’t take everyone’s advice to have a return ticket, she’s even dumber than we thought 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Was Father Jovi revealed to be a step in this episode? That would more explain his behavior I describe below.  

I watched Yara at the party in the episode before this one. She's a tall voluptuous foreign woman, and the men were too overwhelmed to talk to her, including Father Jovi, who literally looked like a hungry wolf. His eyes were narrowed, and I could almost see saliva dripping from his panting tongue. The other men grouped together and made furtive glances at Yara. No wonder she wanted to leave. She knew what was happening. 

Ooh, I wonder if all the couples will get together at some point later?  I'd pay good money to watch Rebecca react to Zied interacting with Yara!

• Love 3

Mama Betty's hair at the bridal shop reminded me of the lady in Young Frankenstein, with the gray and the perm, and the various shades of hair.    

I'm not liking Julia's mother, she's too mean in her comments to her daughter about the dresses.   Saying one makes her look fat is awful. 

• Love 3
On 3/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, RealReality said:

I also agree about Stephanie.  I realize that no one cares about Ryan's feelings and that's fine.  But I think its a sucky thing for her to secretly exercise financial control over him.  He is probably proud of himself for getting a resort job and he probably does work hard.  I think its really going to suck for him to find out his livelihood and independence were just a game a rich white woman was playing with him.   

I agree with this completely. Ryan sucks in many ways (and stealthing is sexual assault, dude) but he is not a willing participant in this part of things. He has no reason to think this isn’t a legit job (nor that it is in any way connected financially to Stephanie) and there are potentially devastating consequences if the income he earns just goes away. Her financial abuse of him is very hard to watch.

• Love 5