Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: About Last Night

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, RoadFullOfPromise said:

I agree with this completely. Ryan sucks in many ways (and stealthing is sexual assault, dude) but he is not a willing participant in this part of things. He has no reason to think this isn’t a legit job (nor that it is in any way connected financially to Stephanie) and there are potentially devastating consequences if the income he earns just goes away. Her financial abuse of him is very hard to watch.

It would not surprise me to learn that Ryan and the resort are in on this together. That he actually does work there, and splits Steph’s money with the resort.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, watchingtvaddict said:

I'm thinking "wedding conflict" is a nice vehicle to spotlight different businesses in the area. We get to see some bridal stores, some interesting venues. Most couples would probably go for a small courthouse wedding or JP in a park or backyard. But, instead Sharp organises a small trip with interesting scenery and manufactured conflict. 

From my observations, very few brides actually wear the dress they choose in the obligatory wedding dress shopping trip.  I can imagine that Julia and her mom already went dress shopping in Russia and her dream dress is packed away in her former storeroom bedroom.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I am just gonna say ... as the mom to boys, I would be PISSED if they wanted to marry someone who was intent on eloping. I raised those boys their whole lives. I want to see them married! (But I understand Yara not wanting a "wedding" when her family cannot be there. I think she would feel guilty for that. But at least let those who can accompany you to Vegas go with you.) I also would be upset if I wasn't included in the dress shopping, particularly when she has no other women in her life. But that's the problem, isn't it?  She's done nothing to kind of mother Julia or even be a friend. So I cannot blame Julia on that one.

I can see why Jovi would rent an apartment close to the Quarter when they are young twenty somethings. I would NOT want to live there alone, though, as a young, foreign woman and certainly not toting a baby around. But they could certainly live in a different area of NOLA or a suburb and he could still work out of there.

• Love 6
On 3/5/2021 at 9:07 AM, Rt66vintage said:

Was Father Jovi revealed to be a step in this episode? That would more explain his behavior I describe below.  

I watched Yara at the party in the episode before this one. She's a tall voluptuous foreign woman, and the men were too overwhelmed to talk to her, including Father Jovi, who literally looked like a hungry wolf. His eyes were narrowed, and I could almost see saliva dripping from his panting tongue. The other men grouped together and made furtive glances at Yara. No wonder she wanted to leave. She knew what was happening. 

LOL, even I knew what was happening, though I didn't think of it as being that predatory. 

All I know is that the minute Jovi takes off for "work" Kline and company will be there to "help Yara" with "man stuff" around the house.  One of them stuffed himself into a beige single button sportcoat that was ready to pop any minute.  The biggest cliffhanger of the night was whether that button was going to make it through the entire party. 

Jovi acts like he barely cares, so I wouldn't blame Yara or any of Jovi's friends if they think they are a better fit.  

• Love 3

I think we can see from watching sister wives and seeking sister wives that the third, or fourth partner situation almost never works out.  The kids will be involved and what if the extra wife/gf gets pregnant?  This is too much.  Tarik blames Hazel and Hazel blames Tarik.  Meanwhile there’s a little girl who needs raising.  If I was a family member, I would be on the phone with a family law expert to get Auri out of there.

• Love 2
(edited)

I burst out laughing with pathetic Stephanie, pigtails swinging, whined, "Now that I'm broken up with Ryan, what am I supposed to do?"

Me: "Go home?"

But no. Find a semi-fresh dick was the only acceptable answer.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I am just gonna say ... as the mom to boys, I would be PISSED if they wanted to marry someone who was intent on eloping. I raised those boys their whole lives. I want to see them married! (But I understand Yara not wanting a "wedding" when her family cannot be there. I think she would feel guilty for that. But at least let those who can accompany you to Vegas go with you.) I also would be upset if I wasn't included in the dress shopping, particularly when she has no other women in her life. But that's the problem, isn't it?  She's done nothing to kind of mother Julia or even be a friend. So I cannot blame Julia on that one.

I can see why Jovi would rent an apartment close to the Quarter when they are young twenty somethings. I would NOT want to live there alone, though, as a young, foreign woman and certainly not toting a baby around. But they could certainly live in a different area of NOLA or a suburb and he could still work out of there.

I agree with you.  I think that if Yara wants to build a strong relationship with Jovi's family, she should welcome them to take part in their wedding.  I understand that Yara's parents aren't there, but often that is the case when one marries on a K-1 visa.  A good solution would be to have another wedding or celebration in Ukraine in the future, as other 90 Dayers have done (probably paid for by TLC).  

I'm not familiar with NOLA, but didn't several people say that the area they are living in is very nice?  

58 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I agree with you.  I think that if Yara wants to build a strong relationship with Jovi's family, she should welcome them to take part in their wedding.  I understand that Yara's parents aren't there, but often that is the case when one marries on a K-1 visa.  A good solution would be to have another wedding or celebration in Ukraine in the future, as other 90 Dayers have done (probably paid for by TLC).  

I'm not familiar with NOLA, but didn't several people say that the area they are living in is very nice?  

I'm not that familiar but have been there a few times. Once, we stayed downtown and the other in the Warehouse District. Both are nice but still just a stone's throw from Bourbon Street. (At least we walked there!)

7 hours ago, Colfrmb said:

I think we can see from watching sister wives and seeking sister wives that the third, or fourth partner situation almost never works out.  The kids will be involved and what if the extra wife/gf gets pregnant?  This is too much.  Tarik blames Hazel and Hazel blames Tarik.  Meanwhile there’s a little girl who needs raising.  If I was a family member, I would be on the phone with a family law expert to get Auri out of there.

I agree and it bothers me that they are peddling the story that since you are bisexual well OF COURSE you are in a throuple!!!!  

On 2/27/2021 at 7:00 AM, Hotel Snarker said:

Jovi is garbage, and I feel so sad for Yara. I'm glad she put him in his place. She is becoming my favorite cast member.

The segments with Stephanie are really painful to watch. I was really hoping Stephanie would have just left Belize by now. I mean, why are you sticking around and sleeping with a guy who doesn't even consider you his fiance? And when I saw her meet up with Harris, he looked like he was wearing a disguise.

The more I watch Ron and Betty and Brandon, Brandon is definitely like Betty, and it’s annoying. I hate that Brandon makes fun of Julia when she mispronounces things or says something that’s not a perfect translation. Also, after the way Betty has treated Julia, I don't blame her for not wanting her to go to the dress shop.

I don't like Natalie, but I cannot stand Mike. He’s manipulative, gaslighting and passive aggressive. He also had the power not to sponsor her for the fiancé visa, yet he did, so it’s all on him now. The ring thing is just an excuse to torment her. She says the wrong things but at the end of the day, she is putting more effort to make the relationship work than he is. He hasn't tried even a little bit. He's silently punishing her every day and that is very difficult to bear. Nothing is worse than the silent treatment. At least she says something. Sure, she’s wacko, but he’s calculated. I think she needs to go home.

Also, is Natalie's friend Svetlana the one who got a nose job? If so, it worked. Her nose is enormous!

The ONLY ones I can tolerate and like are Yara and Julia.  That’s it, and that’s why I can’t watch anymore.  Waste of two hours.  I’ll just read the snarks.  TLC is all commercials.  Are they kidding?

• Love 5
On 2/27/2021 at 8:34 PM, Chloe Dog said:

The Betty/Julia/Brandon wedding dress shopping trip has struck a chord with me.  I feel bad for Betty, I think she'll feel terribly left out if she can't be a part of that.  I'm sure though, that she'll try to influence the dress decision, but Julia can try and be a big girl and not be talked into something she doesn't want.  I like Julia, just thinking maybe she needs to keep trying to support a good relationship with her MIL.  Not including her in this shopping trip won't help.

Betty will be a thorn in Julia’s side.  The woman wouldn’t even let Julia have a cup of tea one morning before feeding the pigs.  Betty is MEAN.  Now she’s making nice so she can be in on everything about the wedding?  Screw her.

• Love 9
On 3/2/2021 at 9:43 AM, AZChristian said:

Agree.  He was calmly speaking and asking questions.  After telling him not to yell at her, she proceeded 30 seconds later to start yelling at him.

This woman is so pathetic I can hardly believe it.

Does anyone here really think Ziad really LOVES Rebecca?  Is he stupid or what?  If he lost twenty pounds, dressed in a nice outfit, the guy would be a knock out.  That hair and blue eyes.  He’s too good for the likes of her.  She will use him for sex only and keep him on a leash.

• Love 2
On 3/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

My husband & I "ran away to Vegas" to get married.  Just the two of us, at the marriage clerk's office.  He was "visiting" California but had a previously issued work visa.  We went to Las Vegas about 2 weeks after he arrived and "spontaneously" got married.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.

Because it was intended to look unplanned, my mother was aware of it but wasn't allowed to come with us.  To this day I still don't know if she was more upset about that or because we got to go to Las Vegas (one of her favorite places) and she didn't. 😄

We followed it up with a fun wedding reception later in the year with friends & family from both sides.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/8/2021 at 6:58 AM, Silver Bells said:

Does anyone here really think Ziad really LOVES Rebecca?  Is he stupid or what?  If he lost twenty pounds, dressed in a nice outfit, the guy would be a knock out.  That hair and blue eyes.  He’s too good for the likes of her.  She will use him for sex only and keep him on a leash.

I think he has valiantly convinced himself that he is in love with Rebecca because its the right thing to do and she has an entire wardrobe screenprinted with his face.  

I think anything other than what he insists on wearing would make a world of difference.  I swear the other day he had on something with sequins, and it was extremely tight.  And those joggers just aren't right for him.  Of course Rebecca won't help him dress because she is insecure.  

He doesn't seem like the cheating type, and he may not be used to living in a society where a woman is a good mate solely based on her looks.  

I'm really not sure what else Rebecca brings to the table, but maybe he really just likes those tattoos. 

• Love 2
On 3/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, Gobi said:

Maybe Zied could stay with the woman who wanted to help him move?

I know this is a late reply but you killed me with this!  Rebecca would throw on head scarf and start respecting Ramadan ASAP! . 

• LOL 3
On 3/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Yet she still has unprotected sex with the raging douchebag.

If they don’t use birth control, I don’t feel sorry for them.  Yara is going to walk around New Orleans with a baby carriage, stuck in an apartment?  I don’t think so.  Meanwhile he’ll be going to the strip club throwing dollar bills around the place.  He HAD to go to the club when she just came home from the hospital.  Yah .. o.k.

Edited by Silver Bells
On 3/8/2021 at 11:15 AM, Kath94 said:

My husband & I "ran away to Vegas" to get married.  Just the two of us, at the marriage clerk's office.  He was "visiting" California but had a previously issued work visa.  We went to Las Vegas about 2 weeks after he arrived and "spontaneously" got married.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.

I have known more than a few couples that have done that as they have divorced parents who won't behave FOR A DAY and I know a couple that eloped in Vegas on December 25th so they would/could go away on a trip every year for their anniversary as their families were toxic and odd.  Kinda sad but good in another way.

• Love 2
On 3/2/2021 at 2:00 AM, mamadrama said:

They're not going to have all the season's on there for a few months because of their cable and Hulu contracts. What they've done, though, is go through each season and pulled out all of the scenes with different characters and called them "journeys." I actually prefer this. So say you want to watch all of Darcey's scenes with Tom...instead of trying to remember which season in which incarnation of the show they were in, you just have to pull up "Darcey's Journey." They have ALL of her on camera scenes (Before the 90 Days, What Now, Happily Ever After, etc) in one mini series. 

But yeah, if you cut the chord right now you won't be able to watch the new episodes. I kept Philo for that. With Philo, Discovery+, Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max I'm able to watch all my shows and spend less than $100 a month (my old cable bill was around $200). It's a good deal for me, but I can see how it wouldn't be if you have cable. That's a bit much. 

They're still having a 7 day trial if you want to check it out-or wait a few weeks until it's built up a bunch of Bares All and Single Life so that you can binge it all at once! That's what I did with CBS All Access and THE STAND. 

As we are behind sorry for the late question and in fact sorry for the question but it is something mind boggling for me: wow $200 for cable, really no typo her? 😉 Does that includes also internet and phone?  

2 hours ago, DutchbutnoJesse said:

As we are behind sorry for the late question and in fact sorry for the question but it is something mind boggling for me: wow $200 for cable, really no typo her? 😉 Does that includes also internet and phone?  

I pay $210 for cable and internet.  I don't even have movie channels (which i wouldn't watch anyway, not a movie person).  I've tried to cut the cord from them and they give me $50 for a month or two.  But yeah.  I don't have a lot of GOOD choices where I am. Lots of choices, just none are really any better than others.  I can get FIOS for a lot less, but the service is wildly hit or miss in my neighborhood.  

My neighbor and I were discussing this the other night, she even said "I'm not going to mention the names of shows I'd miss if I cut cable.  It's too embarrassing."  Hold my beer, my friend. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Thank you for the inside! Wow those are, if you allow me, ridiculous prices. We pay around $25 which included cable, around 100 channels, HD en includes channels like hbo, hbo go and other movie channels. Super fast internet, think around 940 mbps (but I am growing old so not sure anymore what is fast), and landline phone (phone included) with unlimited calls in Europe,  USA, Canada and Israel. Normally nobody uses landlines anymore but we use it to call my parents since I left my home country and is a good excuse to not use facetime etc. Haha.

Apologizes if the above sounds like bragging as I didn't mean it like that. Now I understand why apps, Hulu etc. are so popular. 

we pay 230 for unreliable internet and cable that includes a couple of movie channels. our phone stopped working a while ago, and they said it is our responsibility to figure out the wiring on our end.  I hate our cable company, but alternatives locally for internet are worse...and I sadly have my email address tied up with them, yes I know I should migrate it to gmail, but it is such a pain in the ass after 20+ years.

• Love 1