Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: About Last Night

• Start Topic

On 2/27/2021 at 7:00 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Where is Jesse when you need him? He’d be happy to be Stephanie’s life coach. She can shower him with expensive watches while he shows his gratitude with a paltry friendship ring.

He does enjoy the senior citizens! 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Rebecca is so effing stupid, why does she speak like Tarzan? If I were Zied I would be insulted if she thought that was the only way I understand English. "Look, we have big time, love much pizza and see horse, ride carriage, see many tree, rain bad, visa much hurry, run out."  

Remember that old SNL skit about Tarzan, Tonto and Frankenstein? Becky reminds me of that. 

And on TWOP of yore- remember when Miss Alli, on The Amazing Race forums, dubbed contestant Mirna's weird Tarzan/Tonto/Frankenstein way of speaking to locals "Mirnese"? That still makes me laugh and I think of it every time Rebecca speaks in that strange way.  

41 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Rebecca's talk of a "real wedding" as opposed to a justice of the peace is really insulting to those folks who did have a justice of the peace wedding.  That IS a real wedding.  You get married in your living room?  That is a real wedding.  I don't like the dismissiveness her tone.  Then again I don't like her, so there is THAT factor.

She acts like a teenager. This will be her fourth trip to the altar. She needs to manage her expectations. Its like people who say that an adopted child is not a "real" one. 

I was married by a JP too! My husband worked at Converse at the time and worked with a guy who was a JP and did weddings free for Converse employees. Best part? His name was Ronald McDonald. True story.

• LOL 8
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, Aradea831 said:

As you can tell I'm like live replying here but did Stephanie pack so many presents for Ryan that she couldn't fit a brush and actual hair ties for her janky pigtails. 

I wonder what her strategy is for those pigtails.  She seems fairly committed to them, and she is spraying something all over them.  Is that hairspray?  If so, why?  Isn't the point for the ponytails to be messy?  Her hair isn't bad and it doesn't look thin, why not just go for a single ponytail?  I think her styling is kinda weird though,  its nitpicky and I understand that people like shaped bags (my sister is super into them), but a chanel lipstick bag for a beach vacation and a basic sundress seems kinda discordant.  However, I could be wrong here, I'm not into shaped bags, but my sister will normally accessorize with them for a night out or a date night.  Its kind of a fun conversation piece if I understand part of the appeal.

Me?  I'm like sophia petrillo with a purse, so I couldn't do a shaped purse

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Remember that old SNL skit about Tarzan, Tonto and Frankenstein? Becky reminds me of that. 

That is a skit I can watch over and over again and laugh like I had never watched it before, hilarious!

Becky stupid. Becky no understand Ramadan, Becky understand no get laid during Ramadan.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This week's winner in a tight contest for most contrived storyline is Amira and her dad. First of all, he couldn't issue his ultimatum without half a smile, and she almost laughs too. And there's no chance any real human being would remotely consider going to Serbia for two weeks to get with this fucking LARPer. 

Absofuckinglutely.

And the distraught burying of her face in her hands actually made me giggle.  

Perhaps the worst acting in this story line in the history of the show.  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Ryan had swagger, because he has a good job and doesn't need Stephanie.  What I wouldn't give to see the look on his face when his employer tells him he has to let him go because Stephanie will no longer be paying his salary.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I was married by a JP too! My husband worked at Converse at the time and worked with a guy who was a JP and did weddings free for Converse employees. Best part? His name was Ronald McDonald. True story.

I was not married by a JP but during the planning process and figuring out the guest list I was ready for our officiant to show up, sign our names with two witnesses and get back to watching Dateline.  It just chaps me when people say that the ceremony, where it became LEGAL, does not count.  Yes it does.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I was not married by a JP but during the planning process and figuring out the guest list I was ready for our officiant to show up, sign our names with two witnesses and get back to watching Dateline.  It just chaps me when people say that the ceremony, where it became LEGAL, does not count.  Yes it does.  

I'm so obsessed with Dateline!  To the point I'll watch the same episode several times over!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

City Hall wedding for me and Mr. Persnickety, my second marriage and his first.  

We dressed casually, filled out the paperwork, a JP performed the ceremony (such as it was), and then we were on our merry (married) way to have a sushi lunch around the corner.  His mother threw a casual but lovely reception for us a couple of weeks later.  

We were just as legally wed as those who spends thousands and thousands of dollars on their weddings.  

I find Rebecca's stand on a civil ceremony patently absurd.  She's already had 3 failed marriages.  Maybe she should do it Zied's way and the fourth time could be the charm for her.  Or not, given her track record.  

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm so obsessed with Dateline!  To the point I'll watch the same episode several times over!

Keith morrison, Josh mankewitz or lester holt?

I could be asking you who is your favorite host, or I could asking you to play "fuck, marry, kill" LOL

• LOL 4

Rebecca's issue is primarily she doesn't want to get married until the end of the 90 days, not how or where they get married. She just doesn't want to voice it. Just my opinion.

I fast forward the Amira scenes.  she and her squirmy boyfriend make me cringe.

Stephanie just wants to get laid. She is gross and somewhat pathetic. I hope he so called friends are appalled by her behavior. She is treating these men like interchangeable pieces of meat and I would be offended by it for them if they weren't so obvious that it is a business transaction for them.  They are playing the system. 

Julia looks beautiful in a wedding gown. For once I would have liked to his mother gush over Julia's choice and make her feel special.  She wanted that affirmation.  I think his mother knew more Ukrainian than he did.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Keith morrison, Josh mankewitz or lester holt?

I could be asking you who is your favorite host, or I could asking you to play "fuck, marry, kill" LOL

Ha, I love it!

Keith Morrison is by far the best storyteller.  But the face is scarier than the storylines!  

• LOL 5

Stephanie needs a psychiatrist on speed dial, rather than a psychic.

Stephanie looked ten years older than her age with the pigtails, red dress and hesitant, shuffling walk.

No disrespect to farm workers, but Stephanie is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Harry doesn't even pretend to be into her. He believes "that there will be better chances for him in the US and Stephanie and all Americans are rich". He's in for a big disappointment if Stephanie really imports him.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That is a skit I can watch over and over again and laugh like I had never watched it before, hilarious!

Becky stupid. Becky no understand Ramadan, Becky understand no get laid during Ramadan.

With Phil Hartman providing the "RRRRRRGHARRRRRGHHH!!!

• LOL 2
(edited)

Notable quotes from last night's episode:

Tarik: "We need a girlfriend fast, who can help us?  I know!  The world's leading online dating expert , Minty!"

Stephanie: "Now that I've broken up with Ryan, I need a good friend who can I can talk to and go to bed with and maybe take back to America to marry next week."

Harris: "Ca-Ching!"

Natalie: "I will no longer think about the past issues, only focus on new issues.  Then I get ring back!"

Jovi: "Alright, I will stop drinking sometimes.  I will only drink other times."

Brandon: "Why can't you just wear that black miniskirt with the halter top?  Just get it in white."

Rebecca: "Why do I keep running into this catch every time I want to sex it up during Ramadan?"

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 14
  • Love 6

I do not understand any of the wedding plans these people make, how will family and friends make to the states for a wedding, money is always the issue so plane tickets would be paid for by whom?  Visas can take a long time, money is scarce for most of the importers to pay for any type of wedding not held at the court house AND they wait till the last minute to plan anything?  So when Rebecca says she wants her fourth dream wedding what has she done to prepare for it?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

This week's winner in a tight contest for most contrived storyline is Amira and her dad. First of all, he couldn't issue his ultimatum without half a smile, and she almost laughs too. And there's no chance any real human being would remotely consider going to Serbia for two weeks to get with this fucking LARPer. 

Yeah this whole storyline feels fake.  There is nothing to explain why Amira is so determined to be with this guy where she will willingly fly all over the place and put herself in detention.  And in her conversations with LARPy she shows no chemistry or emotion with him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

We were just as legally wed as those who spends thousands and thousands of dollars on their weddings.  

And as someone who still has some grad school debt, I just can't with the brides who drop serious coin on a dress.  Mine was $60 from Amazon.  It was lovely.

• Love 6

Pretending that TLC isn't paying for the wedding, where does Rebecca plan on getting the money for a fancy wedding with a horse drawn carriage? Didn't she start the season whining how she was strapped for cash with all the money it cost to get Zyed over here? 

I'm Rebecca's age and divorced (once) and I would feel RIDICULOUS planning a wedding like the one she wants. I had forgotten she was married 3 times. Girl, it's the same damned guest list over and over! They're TIRED of ponying up for new dishes. And, as others have said, I can only imagine the dress she would cram herself into. 

When she said "Ramadan is the biggest holiday..." followed by "and Zyed suddenly brings this up." Rebecca, I'm not dating a Muslim but the days Ramadan starts is pre-printed on my 2021 calendar. She looks dumber by the second. Zyed WHO IS 27 IN CASE ANYONE FORGOT was reasonable when explaining the holiday, his visa, and COVID. Maybe her clumpy mascara obscured her vision when she flipped to that page. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Lambie said:

I'm Rebecca's age and divorced (once) and I would feel RIDICULOUS planning a wedding like the one she wants. I had forgotten she was married 3 times. Girl, it's the same damned guest list over and over! They're TIRED of ponying up for new dishes. And, as others have said, I can only imagine the dress she would cram herself into. 

No kidding - and it is her fourth wedding at what - 50?  She ain't 80!  If you want this big affair, go ahead but people will side eye you at your huge affair - plus it is time number 4.  

At my second wedding I was glad my brother did not joke and say "Welcome Back!!!"  (LOL he would not have said that!)

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lambie said:

Pretending that TLC isn't paying for the wedding, where does Rebecca plan on getting the money for a fancy wedding with a horse drawn carriage? Didn't she start the season whining how she was strapped for cash with all the money it cost to get Zyed over here? 

When she said "Ramadan is the biggest holiday..." followed by "and Zyed suddenly brings this up." Rebecca, I'm not dating a Muslim but the days Ramadan starts is pre-printed on my 2021 calendar. She looks dumber by the second. Zyed WHO IS 27 IN CASE ANYONE FORGOT was reasonable when explaining the holiday, his visa, and COVID. Maybe her clumpy mascara obscured her vision when she flipped to that page. 

LOL, I hadn't thought about it but yeah it is the same guest list. That's a good point! 

If I was on that list I'd be wondering why her place is so threadbare, like didnt I buy you some dishes for your second wedding?  No one bought her a kuerig?

No one had a 20% off bed bath and beyond coupon they had to use last time she got hitched?

Anyways, I assume this time she will do what's all the rage now and just ask people to go online and fund her honeymoon.  

I mean, this is much MUCH easier than finding a gift, wrapping it and dragging it to the venue. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Dobian said:

Yeah this whole storyline feels fake.  There is nothing to explain why Amira is so determined to be with this guy where she will willingly fly all over the place and put herself in detention.  And in her conversations with LARPy she shows no chemistry or emotion with him.

Its confusing.  If this is real, she is weird.  She is a grown adult, why can't she tell him no?  Who cares if he gets mad, you were in detention while he enjoyed a luxury vacation in cancun! He is literally confused as to how or why that is an asshole move!  

Amira has a strong face, but her hair is gorgeous, her makeup is on point and her fashions are great.  It really doesn't make sense for her to still even want to marry him.  

If my fiance literally enjoyed a resort vacation while I sat in jail in a failed attempt to be with him, I would have chewed him out for the heavens. And when I get going I am remarkably unpleasant and I will tell you every single thing a person needs to know about themselves.  I promise you that had it been me, Andrew would have been in tears.  And its nothing I'm proud of, but you seriously are okay with this guy taking a vacation while you rotted in custody?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not understand any of the wedding plans these people make, how will family and friends make to the states for a wedding, money is always the issue so plane tickets would be paid for by whom?  Visas can take a long time, money is scarce for most of the importers to pay for any type of wedding not held at the court house AND they wait till the last minute to plan anything?  So when Rebecca says she wants her fourth dream wedding what has she done to prepare for it?

Gotten married three other times.

• LOL 13

I think Andrew was thrilled to know it was Amira's answer at border control that lead to her taken in to custody, it absolved him of doing anything wrong and his plan would have worked if only she answered the question correctly.  I cannot believe she still considers herself in a relationship with that idiot.  

• Love 13
On 9/28/2020 at 4:04 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Andrei barks at buyer:  “Woman!  No one wants open floor plan anymore!  Use your brain for once!”

6 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  She doesn't want to risk having someone around that Tarik might be interested in having a relationship with because it risks her position as "number one"  I don't think its anything more than that.  But she is perfectly happy for someone else to have sex with Tarik while she reaps the benefits of whatever other perks he can provide.  

I have no problem with the transactional relationship between two adults.  But you gotta hold up your end of the deal if you're in one.  Shifting your job duties to an unpaid intern isn't fair. 

I think Hazel wants a May Pang to her Yoko Ono, only this May has to be her girlfriend, too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Andrew was thrilled to know it was Amira's answer at border control that lead to her taken in to custody, it absolved him of doing anything wrong and his plan would have worked if only she answered the question correctly.  I cannot believe she still considers herself in a relationship with that idiot.  

He looked downright gleeful.  

If I were the attorney I'd be very clear that a) I was mostly guessing and b) I could not vouch for the serbia plan even if Amira said all the right things.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rebecca and Zied: Isn't Ramadan convenient? A big, fancy fourth wedding is a bit much, Becky. You have had three tosses of the bouquet already. The garter is stretched waaaaaaaaaaaaay much. Instead of planning a fancy day that you really can't afford just go to the courthouse or hire a justice of the peace and get married in a park or your apartment. Newsflash. It's nice to have a romantic getaway, but you could have put the money for that on renting a truck and moving the furniture to your apartment. Ramadan is tough and you may have a hangry Zied for 30 days. The 90 days isn't to see if this is what you really want, it is to plan the wedding and start the paperwork. Zied could have mentioned Ramadan or you could have spent some time online learning about the Muslim culture instead of gnawing at your face.

The constant gnawing!  

I feel like she has a lot of baggage - something really messed her up.  She acts like a teenager, even though she is a 50 year old woman.  What is her back story?

16 hours ago, mamadrama said:

PS-Holy shit, guys, if you have Discovery+ then you should be watching the episode of BARES ALL that followed this. It's, uh, something else...I actually jumped when someone yelled. 

I have been resisting the app because I already pay for cable!  I don't want to pay more.  However, I may cut the cable cord, and then I would obviously get the app.  If I were to just have the app, can I watch everything, like every iteration, every season, plus the extras?

7 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have only sons too, and it is my hope to never have to go dress shopping!  If I am invited I will go and be gracious and quiet but if not......phew!  

I have 2 sons, and I was JUST thinking - am I weird to hope to never have to go dress shopping?  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I have been resisting the app because I already pay for cable!  I don't want to pay more.  However, I may cut the cable cord, and then I would obviously get the app.  If I were to just have the app, can I watch everything, like every iteration, every season, plus the extras?

They're not going to have all the season's on there for a few months because of their cable and Hulu contracts. What they've done, though, is go through each season and pulled out all of the scenes with different characters and called them "journeys." I actually prefer this. So say you want to watch all of Darcey's scenes with Tom...instead of trying to remember which season in which incarnation of the show they were in, you just have to pull up "Darcey's Journey." They have ALL of her on camera scenes (Before the 90 Days, What Now, Happily Ever After, etc) in one mini series. 

But yeah, if you cut the chord right now you won't be able to watch the new episodes. I kept Philo for that. With Philo, Discovery+, Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max I'm able to watch all my shows and spend less than $100 a month (my old cable bill was around $200). It's a good deal for me, but I can see how it wouldn't be if you have cable. That's a bit much. 

They're still having a 7 day trial if you want to check it out-or wait a few weeks until it's built up a bunch of Bares All and Single Life so that you can binge it all at once! That's what I did with CBS All Access and THE STAND. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

These are issues that we had, too, which is why we went to the courthouse first and then had a wedding 6 months later. That gave his family and friends abroad time to plan a trip and get their plane tickets, us to your wedding venues (some are booked up months in advance), etc. This whole "have to have my dream wedding RIGHT NOW has to be partly TLC related because I don't know K-1 people like this in real life. Ice been volunteering on VisaJourney for 13 years now and, by far, the majority of people want to legally marry right away and have the ceremony later. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Brandon and Julia: Why did Brandon's mother invite herself along for the wedding dress shopping trip? She really hasn't been treating Julia like a new member of the family

. Andrew has shown who he is and do you really want this? Is it about the Green Card? You're an attractive French woman who could find a better dude in Paris or Lyon.

Rebecca and Zied: A big, fancy fourth wedding is a bit much, Becky. You have had three tosses of the bouquet already. The garter is stretched waaaaaaaaaaaaay much. Instead of planning a fancy day that you really can't afford just go to the courthouse or hire a justice of the peace and get married in a park or your apartment. 

Having been through this myself, Mother Brandon is crazy as a loon, but my mil was, too, and I TRIED to involve her and to get her to accompany me while I lived in her house and was baby planning. Alone, no family there, and my husband worked all day. Crazy or controlling or not, it would've been nice to have had someone who cared. I'm giving her a slight pass on this one. 

Amira-maybe she doesn't want to live in France? There are nice places there, but there are nice places everywhere. The problem is Andrew. She could do much, MUCH better than this incel. 

With the whole 4th wedding thing I'm just "eh". People should do what they want. There's no law or rule that says you can't have multiple weddings. It's her 4th but Zied's first. If you have the money and people want to come, then why not?  The issue seems to be that they DON'T seem to have the money.  That these couples are putting the fancy weddings ahead of having places to live, or furniture in their house, is insane. And, since we see a version if this in every season, I have to think it's a TLC thing. 

Father Amira is way too level headed for this nonsense. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Rebecca and Zied: Isn't Ramadan convenient? A big, fancy fourth wedding is a bit much, Becky. You have had three tosses of the bouquet already. The garter is stretched waaaaaaaaaaaaay much.

Not to mention the skin underneath all her tattoos. I can’t imagine how she’d look in a wedding gown with the sagging chest and shoulder skin covered with what were once legible word art and recognizable pictures, and I hope TLC doesn’t subject me to that.

• LOL 8

I think it’s a sham. I don’t think Rebecca’s HAS any furniture in storage. I think she’s broke as a joke and has exhausted her funds. Wasn’t she couch surfing before this apartment? Probably cost her every red cent to fund Zied and lease the new apartment. I don’t think we will see them moving anything from storage, what’s in there now is all she has. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4

Well, the publicity for this place may pay off because I went and checked it out, because it looked like a nice place for us to send our daughter and SIL on a "babymoon' or have a family reunion.  Two nights in the cabins midweek was $383.   https://forresthillsresort.com/

I wanted more info on wedding packages but I didn't want to make one up with a date and number of guests in order to get an estimate. 

Also Rebecca needs to google Ramadan.  Well, it is too late, because that was last spring,  I think.  There seems to be no reason to not marry during that month as long as it is done after sunset and before sunrise and you keep your intimate activity to those hours.  Of course, that may be tricky if you are a young couple in the throes of first lust and have saved yourself for marriage, but I think that ship has sailed for them as I think they have been sleeping together already.  Maybe they can't keep their hands to themselves during the day or Zied doesn't trust himself, but more likely he doesn't trust her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So.   I’m trying to imagine being a swinger.  I’m not an innocent; I’ve seen things online. 
But to walk in to a party, hoping to have a good time....and seeing mother and father Brandon, her with a feather and he with a whip.....uh.  No thanks. 

Amira with her dead eyes, posing with that stiff neck, just loses me.  And her dude, whatever his name is.   Over them.  Fake. 

Mike and Natalie.  He’s so over it.  Why did he bring her over here?  Show money?
I miss the early days of true couples’ stories.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Rebecca's issue is primarily she doesn't want to get married until the end of the 90 days, not how or where they get married. She just doesn't want to voice it. Just my opinion.

I fast forward the Amira scenes.  she and her squirmy boyfriend make me cringe.

Stephanie just wants to get laid. She is gross and somewhat pathetic. I hope he so called friends are appalled by her behavior. She is treating these men like interchangeable pieces of meat and I would be offended by it for them if they weren't so obvious that it is a business transaction for them.  They are playing the system. 

Julia looks beautiful in a wedding gown. For once I would have liked to his mother gush over Julia's choice and make her feel special.  She wanted that affirmation.  I think his mother knew more Ukrainian than he did.

I totally agree about Rebecca.  I think that consciously or subconsciously she knows that she loses a measure of control once the marriage happens.  

It sounds like that is how she perceives things happened with the last marriage.  As soon as they married....he changed.*

But, to me, its like, if zied is going to go dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on you, its inevitable.  Its either going to happen when you marry him in a week or its going to happen when you marry him on day 89.  

So either take the leap or send him back to Tunisia and stop wasting his time. 

I also agree about Stephanie.  I realize that no one cares about Ryan's feelings and that's fine.  But I think its a sucky thing for her to secretly exercise financial control over him.  He is probably proud of himself for getting a resort job and he probably does work hard.  I think its really going to suck for him to find out his livelihood and independence were just a game a rich white woman was playing with him.   

8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He does enjoy the senior citizens! 

And the senior citizens enjoy their age related hearing loss. 

Win/win!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Drunken Jovi is no Brad Pitt or Jon Hamm, so she can miss me with her talks of giving up her great life in the Ukraine for love.  

Plus she didn't have a problem with the drinking and partying as long as he was spending his money taking her to exotic vacations. She also knew before moving to the US that his job required him to be gone for long stretches of time. Now she's pregnant and can't party anymore. Boo Hoo cry me a river. She really needs to be nicer to Jovi's mom, too. That woman has done nothing wrong except try to make Yara feel at home. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And this is where I question her being raped by Ryan, if you have been sexually abused would your first move the next day be finding your next lay?  I hate to call anyone who has been raped or abused a liar but it is really hard for me to believe her. I think her drug use has fogged her brain, her antics are juvenile and if Harris or Hairus as she says was smart he would not answer her calls, no matter how many trinkets he would get, "crazy" is a trinket he does not need. Did we get confirmation about Ryan cheating?  I LOVED how Harris said he could do better than Stephanie to get to the states but he should know, not everyone is rich, reality check is needed because that will be a rude awakening if he ever does get here.

Rebecca is so effing stupid, why does she speak like Tarzan? If I were Zied I would be insulted if she thought that was the only way I understand English. "Look, we have big time, love much pizza and see horse, ride carriage, see many tree, rain bad, visa much hurry, run out."  

Did Zied know to put detergent in the dishwasher? If he home all day alone, why much beer can and ashtray mess? Garbage no take out?  Rebecca is stupid, she has been thru this 3 other times (did you know her ex is from Morocco?), 

With Covid being a real thing why do these dolts think they are going to have any sort of wedding with a lot of people or how the could even afford a big venue?  

Stephanie spent a whopping $15.99 on her large lipstick and rubiks cube purse, she has quite the shaped purse collection, Yara spend under $20 for her sparkly dress (not thousands, hahahaha), those items are all over Amazon.

Do the imports have to surrender their passports in the 90 process, get married, file the paperwork then get temp status and get passports back?  At one time or another each import have said they would go back to their country (for stupid reasons) but wouldn't that mess up the process already in place?  Anyone have clarification on that?

OMG Baltimore Betty, you made me spit my wine all over the place while reading that Rebecca speaks like Tarzan!! She does, she really, really does!! You really nailed that comparison!! She is such an idiot!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, readheaded said:

I think each couple's at a different point in the beginning of the pandemic this season.  Last March when schools here went virtual, I can remember naively lamenting with my friend that our kids might have to be in virtual school for a whole month!  I think most of the people on the show are morons, but to be fair, in the beginning, most of us really didn't know what the pandemic was going to mean.

Yes, it was a succession of “okay to go out and enjoy the Chinese New Year, fifteen days to flatten the curve, no need for masks, no one needs to worry too much” and then continued to morph into where we are now. So of course there would be confusion about wedding/party plans and dates. Yet somehow Zied seems to understand the implications and Rebecca just won’t hear of it.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Guys, I've been an avid fan of 90 Day Fiance for almost 2 years, but I'm really not feeling this season at all. The drama seems very manufactured, some of the couples' storylines are ridiculous and boring, and there's way too many overbearing parents. Also, the season is lacking a Pillow Talk. At this point, I only watch the show just to read all of your comments and snark. Anyone else wish this season would be over already?

@Hotel Snarker, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe we say this every season at this point of the season. And you are not alone with regard to the comments and snark. It’s my love language, actually.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Tarik and Hazel's storyline is ridiculous. Hazel is such a bitch. She needs to go home and take care of her son. Oh, right. She doesn't have custody. 

Rebecca is starting to chew the inside of her cheek again and it bugs the crap out of me. Instead of spending money on a lavish wedding she should be buying furniture and setting up that apartment. You know, so Zied can have a nice place to lay around and do nothing all day.

Stephanie is scary crazy. How does this woman have a successful business? She's playin' for the camera, right?  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lambie said:

Not only that, I know that at least one of the previous boyfriends/husbands was also Muslim. How in the hell does she not know by now that they can’t have sex during Ramadan if they’re not married?

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Do the imports have to surrender their passports in the 90 process, get married, file the paperwork then get temp status and get passports back?  At one time or another each import have said they would go back to their country (for stupid reasons) but wouldn't that mess up the process already in place?  Anyone have clarification on that?

They don't sacrifice their passports now, but they will when they have the rules removed from their green card. That comes 2 years later and it will only take a few weeks. Unless their home country is a part of the visa waiver program, and none of this season's cast is, they aren't allowed to travel until they receive their temporary green card. They entered the country on a K1. If they were to leave the US now then they'd have to start all over again with a new one or else they'd be denied entry. The K1, as an entry visa, can only be used for travel to once.

Because he was British and the UK is part of the Visa Waiver Program he could come and go freely. In fact, we applied for the visa in October and by the end of Feb he still hadn't heard anything. I moved here, rented a house, and got all or furniture here and he followed a few weeks later as a tourist. Our kid was born and 4 days later he received his visa interview in London so he had to quickly fly back and go through the medical exam, visa interview, etc. We were lucky in that he was able to come and go at will even without the visa (he just couldn't stay for more than 90 days). None of these people can do that. 

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Ha, I love it!

Keith Morrison is by far the best storyteller.  But the face is scarier than the storylines!  

I mean, obviously Lester Holt is the Beyonce of the group.  

10 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

But real talk, I feel the exact same way about anything narrated by Bill Kurtis.  Like anything.  American Justice, Notorious, anything about the Mafia.  I could listen to Bill Kurtis read the phonebook....if those are even still a thing. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

Not only that, I know that at least one of the previous boyfriends/husbands was also Muslim. How in the hell does she not know by now that they can’t have sex during Ramadan if they’re not married?

Rebecca knows what she wants to know. She knew that it would be against the tenets of being a Muslim, for Zied to be alone with the cute girl who wanted to loan him one of her family’s trucks to move.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Rebecca knows what she wants to know. She knew that it would be against the tenets of being a Muslim, for Zied to be alone with the cute girl who wanted to loan him one of her family’s trucks to move.

And we ARE talking about the same woman who knew it was true love because he used a lot of emojis...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

These are issues that we had, too, which is why we went to the courthouse first and then had a wedding 6 months later. That gave his family and friends abroad time to plan a trip and get their plane tickets, us to your wedding venues (some are booked up months in advance), etc. This whole "have to have my dream wedding RIGHT NOW has to be partly TLC related because I don't know K-1 people like this in real life. Ice been volunteering on VisaJourney for 13 years now and, by far, the majority of people want to legally marry right away and have the ceremony later. 

To save my life I can't figure out why the crackerjack writing team at Sharp can't come up with a different spin on the "wedding conflict" story line. Everyone mews about wanting a dream wedding and hardly anyone has anything but a sad, ragtag, thrown together affair. 

10 hours ago, Twopper said:

Also Rebecca needs to google Ramadan.  Well, it is too late, because that was last spring,  I think.  There seems to be no reason to not marry during that month as long as it is done after sunset and before sunrise and you keep your intimate activity to those hours.  Of course, that may be tricky if you are a young couple in the throes of first lust and have saved yourself for marriage, but I think that ship has sailed for them as I think they have been sleeping together already.  Maybe they can't keep their hands to themselves during the day or Zied doesn't trust himself, but more likely he doesn't trust her.

Exactly. They could certainly marry during Ramadan, they just need to do it at night, and keep the sexy time to the hours after sunset. But of course, we're talking about Sharp here. All misinformation and half truths about other cultures. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Maybe Rebecca thinks "helping you move" is a codeword for shim sham.

Per the wedding planning, which is manufactured anyway, I wonder if this was taped just as Covid was hitting and she did not know about the lockdowns and such - maybe, maybe not.  I am trying to cut her a break, lol.  I have a friend who was supposed to get married in late June and she was still hopeful in mid May.  They ended up pushing to the Saturday after Thanksgiving but the governor put us all in lockdown from mid November through Christmas.  They had a small ceremony on Thanksgiving night.  I think she was tired of the back and forth.  Party in July.  Maybe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2