Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E10: Michael's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

Dr. Now just had to school her:

Ish...you have been in control of his eating all this time with your 15yo surgery and have changed nothing.  So go kick rocks with your shit.  And don't try to give an Oscar winning performance for the camera.

Fin.

And.... YEAH!!!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

I like his bowler, but then, I'm A Clockwork Orange fan.

I love A Clockwork Orange! But that hat belongs on a droog -- not Michael's head. 

6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Wire his jaw. 

Absolutely!  Two-in-one benefit:  no overeating AND no whining!

7 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I know a family with sisters named Laverne and Shirley, 

I had next door neighbors named Will and Grace.  They married about 40 years before the show came out. 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

I had begun to wonder if you had stopped doing them.  I sure missed them the past couple weeks.

I watch online to see the east coast showing.  My regular job goes to 6:00 PM; then I have a meeting for the technical bootcamp that I have been teaching, so Wednesday's are tricky.  I miss the Pounders when I'm not here.  Only one more week of bootcamp so my time will align better. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Wifey's going to do it. Michael, not so much. Check out the difference in their body language. She's leaning in, making eye contact, responding positively. He's leaning back, looking a the ceiling, grunting. 

Done and dun.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

LOL at Dr Now inspecting Michael's arm. The man probably hasn't done a blood draw in 40 years.

I found out a long time ago, never get in the flu shot line with the doctor (I worked for the Army as a civilian for years, so they were often Colonels), because they only did shots for the flu shot clinic, and getting in the Colonel's shot line could be a painful mistake.   There was a reason that the Col./Dr.'s line was so short.   

Give me a nurse who does blood draws and shots a lot, and I'm a happier patient.  

You were right!  Two tickets to Paradise. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
Just now, Hellga said:

Absolutely!  Two-in-one benefit:  no overeating AND no whining!

I had next door neighbors named Will and Grace.  They married about 40 years before the show came out. 🙂

Years ago when I worked at Harvard, we had one class that contained both Jenny Craig and Sara Lee. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Burning Rubber said:

I am late to the party. I made cardamom cake today.

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1 1/2 cup cake flour

1/2 cup yellow corn flour

3/4 cup condensed milk

1/2 cup pumpkin puree

2 1/2 tablespoons cardamom

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon vanilla

You know the rest of the drill.

Yummmmmmmy!!!

1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I wondered about that also. Is his hat his beacon to let people know that he's on the spectrum? 

It's only a beacon if you know about it. I'm sure I'm not alone in having never heard about this and I've worked most of my life on campuses where every little issue has some kind of color, badge, or trigger warning. Obviously, I'm not the most sympathetic person on the quad, so maybe I missed it. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Years ago when I worked at Harvard, we had one class that contained both Jenny Craig and Sara Lee. 

Everybody doesn't like something...but nobody doesn't like Sara Lee!

Arlo Guthrie's daughter is named Sara Lee for that reason. 

I see the extreme humor in those juxtaposed names.

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

I like his bowler, but then, I'm A Clockwork Orange fan.

Unless he starts tap dancing and gives a rousing chorus of Singing in the Rain, he does not deserve the bowler.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's only a beacon if you know about it. I'm sure I'm not alone in having never heard about this and I've worked most of my life on campuses where every little issue has some kind of color, badge, or trigger warning. Obviously, I'm not the most sympathetic person on the quad, so maybe I missed it. 

All true...but he seems the sort to expect everyone to know and for everyone to excuse his rudeness as a symptom (which I suspect it isn't).

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I love A Clockwork Orange! But that hat belongs on a droog -- not Michael's head. 

Dress him in white and let's see how he looks.  Okay, he'll look more like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man than a droog. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I found out a long time ago, never get in the flu shot line with the doctor (I worked for the Army as a civilian for years, so they were often Colonels), because they only did shots for the flu shot clinic, it could be a painful mistake.   There was a reason that the Col./Dr.'s line was so short.   

Give me a nurse who does blood draws and shots a lot, and I'm a happier patient.  

Reminds of a time a friend went to confession at a large church.  They had someone visiting who opted for the short line against her advice.  When her friend was in the confessional, a loud cry rang out through the church from the priest inside, "You did what with whom?!?!?!?!!?  And you're not even married!!!!"  Her friend slinked out of the church when he left the confessional.  Never stopped to do his penance. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Floatingbison said:

Done and dun.

well, if that were the case he wouldn't need Dr Now, now would he?

His wife had WLS 15 years ago! she seems to have kept her weight down so why hasn't she been able to help him? 

What's with wearing hats indoors.  We have recently become friends with a couple.  The husband is never without a bowler, but he never wears it inside.

I want to like them, but there is something about them that is very annoying. 

I can't believe it is nearly 9 already.  

Hark!! I hear the last TASTYKAKE calling.....

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

One of my best friends in college was Sarah Lee.  But she was Sarah with an h. 🙂   

Non-famous but funny, one of my math classes had a Kelly Casey and a Casey Kelly.  One was a girl, and one was a guy, but I am no longer sure which one was which.  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

OH MY GOD!!! He wants to go to a store to buy crystals! 

Amending my prediction: last scene is shopping in a crystal store.

Just now, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Dress him in white and let's see how he looks.  Okay, he'll look more like the Staypuft Marshmallow Man than a droog. 

Reminds of a time a friend went to confession at a large church.  They had someone visiting who opted for the short line against her advice.  When her friend was in the confessional, a loud cry rang out through the church from the priest inside, "You did what with whom?!?!?!?!!?  And you're not even married!!!!"  Her friend slinked out of the church when he left the confessional.  Never stopped to do his penance. 

His wife’s hair has a bit of the ultraviolet 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

OH MY GOD!!! He wants to go to a store to buy crystals! 

Amending my prediction: last scene is shopping in a crystal store.

Update: he goes to a crystal store and karate kicks the inventory.

What is it about his sunny disposition that she is attracted to? I don't get it.

He is horrible and he hates people: her?

Before I could even finish this post, I am now forced to comment on the letter writing campaign again. 

Can we up our game and asked people to text the dead, departed, abandoners?!?!?  It's 2021 people!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2