Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: The Ride

• Start Topic

There

2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I hated Randall's branches speech.

In my family we have branches that are not are, but really after all are. For decades. And not slighted because they don't carry our blood. 

I think Randall is forsaking Jack and Rebecca to his family, at least implying they are nothing to him by that statement.

Yet it was Randall trying to control Rebecca's treatment. Which he does not even consider a twig in his family.

I am so over him.

Blood ties really mean nothing. Whether Randall likes it or not, the Pearsons are also a part of his family tree because our past experiences shape who we are as a person just as much (if not more) than biology. There were several things I found a little insulting in this episode, as someone who hasn't followed the standard life script, but I know I'm very much in the minority so I won't go into it. 

I also thought that someone should have spoken with Ellie and made sure she was *really* sure about her decision. Sure, most birth mothers would be emotional right after giving up their child, but she seemed to already be regretting her choice. As heartbreaking as it would be for Kate and Toby, it would be better if they lost Hailey now than get fully bonded with her and have Ellie show up wanting the baby back.

And this is just a rant as a casual viewer and I know it's been said before, but I am really sick of Randall. As someone said above, he used to be my favorite character but now the writers have painted him as such a Mary Sue character he doesn't seem real. And his relationship with Beth seems too perfect too. They act like Randall didn't even like girls until he laid eyes on Beth, and then ONLY her. I just want to see an episode where Beth finally gets fed up and dumps him (albeit temporarily since the future has already been laid out). 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I'd have trouble believing a hospital would want to set itself up to be liable for whether someone's car seat was properly installed in their car.

The hospitals where I live have Labor & Delivery and NICU nurses trained as certified car seat techs to check the seats as part of the discharge process. I’ve also seen some hospitals with security guards who are certified. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

I'm a couple of years older than the big 3 and the doctor required a car seat for me to go home only because I was a preemie and was going home before the 5lb limit becacuse it was a holiday weekend and because my parents were "responsible".   So I asked my mom how they managed the car seat because my dad is the least handy person ever..  She said she didn't remember the exact details but she was pretty sure he hired somebody to install the car seat.  

Which is funny because when Kev was struggling so mightily I was like, "you're rich.  hire somebody to teach you!"

I still find it implausible that they hired Josh Malina for one episode 1 time so I suspect he'll either somehow give Kev enough public goodwill that they sort of forget about his lack of professionalism... or he is a tech guy with a tech company that hires Toby.   

I think Kate was wrong wigging out so much at the birth mom but I felt like it was the sort of thing where you get nervous and you babble and then it goes south and you think you're the reason it went south so you try to fix it and you make it worse... it felt like the sort of thing that I would do and feel terrible about for decades.  I nervous cheer.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lovecat said:

THANK you!  Between that huge inaccuracy and the fast and loose geography and travel times on this show, this here Pennsylvanian’s head is going to explode some day...

ETA:  Sorry for the strikeout, I’m recovering from shoulder surgery and am typing one-handed on an iPad that is being a pain in the ass...!!!!!!

I hope you’re recovering, but this strikeout thing made me laugh. 

I really thought the dude taking Kevin’s pic when he was putting the car seats in was going to end up being the paparazzi following him, glad I was wrong. I think maybe there would have been more because I would ha e thought between Kevin walking out on DeNiro and saving Josh Malina from a burning car (once Malina had recovered enough to tell that story), Kevin would be trending on Twitter. I could see a film maker begging him to come back to film. No way does DeNiro get mad because another actor wanted to be there when his twins wee born 6-weeks early.  

I know nothing about the entertainment industry, but given all of their shutdowns over the past year, I would think they would, for the most part have a “Plan Rest of the Alphabet, plus Doubling Up Letters and Adding Numbers,” in case of shutdowns or an actor testing positive and/or having to quarantine. 

Kevin having a family that he wants to be there for might make him want another series. But, with a lot of films shooting in places that are not LA, and actor who wants to, could live elsewhere and fly in to audition. 

I’m thinking too much about this fictional family. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, brokenwing29 said:

And this is just a rant as a casual viewer and I know it's been said before, but I am really sick of Randall. As someone said above, he used to be my favorite character but now the writers have painted him as such a Mary Sue character he doesn't seem real. And his relationship with Beth seems too perfect too. They act like Randall didn't even like girls until he laid eyes on Beth, and then ONLY her. I just want to see an episode where Beth finally gets fed up and dumps him (albeit temporarily since the future has already been laid out). 

We almost had that two seasons ago when Randall ran roughshod over Beth during his election.  She wanted him to drop out, he said he knew better, and then he won.  Then Randall assumes the worst one night and leave Beth a nasty voicemail that should have ended their marriage.  But, Beth saw the error of her ways and the family moved to Philadelphia.  I have lowkey hated Randall since.  The show has decided Randall is never in the wrong and everyone is always apologizing to him.  His actions are swept under the rug and he continues in his arrogant, entitled ways.  Look at how the show has glossed over what he did last season.  Randall strong arms Rebecca into a clinical trial she does not want because naturally he knows best.  When Kevin calls him on it, Randall goes low.  Yes, so does Kevin, but only Kevin has really apologized for it.  Randall cops to "some things were said."  No one on this show ever really holds Randall's feet to the fire, so he continues.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Lsk02 said:

The hospitals where I live have Labor & Delivery and NICU nurses trained as certified car seat techs to check the seats as part of the discharge process. I’ve also seen some hospitals with security guards who are certified. 

I'm surprised.  It just seems like a recipe for a future lawsuit.

2 hours ago, Veronica said:

I could see a film maker begging him to come back to film.

I figure it will end up being a situation where Kevin has already filmed so much of the movie that he cannot be replaced.  

5 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Which is funny because when Kev was struggling so mightily I was like, "you're rich.  hire somebody to teach you!"

Yes, even in the pandemic this is also going to be the answer if Kevin or Madison are feeling overwhelmed in taking care of twins.  They will hire someone (like the nanny we saw them interviewing an episode or two ago) to help. 

12 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

Kate going on about how she wants her adopted child to know their birth parents, except that they don't know who Hailey's father is, so how does that work into her little plan?

Kate solely looked at this from the baby's point of view instead of the mother's. An adoptive child wants to know where they came from, but it is not unusual for the mothers to not want to be found. So give it a rest, Kate!!

It also bugged me that she'd object right then, on the spot. Did it not occur to you that Ellie might change her mind in a month? That maybe just right now, it's upsetting for her to give up her baby, but once she has become accustomed to the idea again, she'll want the checking in? Shocked, shocked! that a Pearson is being selfish again.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I thought at first that the hospital security guard and the fan were going to help Jack and Kevin respectively with their baby seats.  

My GF kept saying, "That's not a newborn", but she's more of a stickler than I am about that due to different life experiences; me never having had a baby, or attended a birth, and being a guy.  Every time we watch any baby-birthin' scenes, they all seem to come out too large, heads too well shaped, and too clean.

Madison went from a virtually helpless, scared, puddle of need in the last episode to take-charge, problem-solving, super woman in this one.  I guess that happens automatically once you become a mom...

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I just happened to be listening to the latest episode of "Ty and that Guy" which is a podcast with Wes Chatham from The Expanse. Wes discussed how, while filming the first season of The Expanse in Canada, his wife went into labor in LA. Shockingly, Wes didn't have to QUIT HIS JOB. The director and producers were all very supportive. They allowed him to finish shooting his scene quickly, and then helped him get a flight home. He was there for the delivery. I know this show is all about the drama, but given that there are directors and actors and producers and agents and casting agents all associated with this show, you'd think they'd have a better sense of how being an actor actually works.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I'm a couple of years older than the big 3 and the doctor required a car seat for me to go home only because I was a preemie and was going home before the 5lb limit becacuse it was a holiday weekend and because my parents were "responsible".   So I asked my mom how they managed the car seat because my dad is the least handy person ever..  She said she didn't remember the exact details but she was pretty sure he hired somebody to install the car seat.  

I still find it implausible that they hired Josh Malina for one episode 1 time so I suspect he'll either somehow give Kev enough public goodwill that they sort of forget about his lack of professionalism... or he is a tech guy with a tech company that hires Toby.   

I think Kate was wrong wigging out so much at the birth mom but I felt like it was the sort of thing where you get nervous and you babble and then it goes south and you think you're the reason it went south so you try to fix it and you make it worse... it felt like the sort of thing that I would do and feel terrible about for decades.  I nervous cheer.

I love your theory.  Kevin gets horrible press for walking off the set.  Josh steps up and tells the world how incredibly brave Kevin was.  DeNiro's agent does some press that he wants Kevin back.  Kevin comes back, he and DeNiro are up for an oscar, Kevin wins....we get a Pearson speech.  I feel it now.  tm-TV Diva Queen.  LOL 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

What is with the Big 3 (or at least the guys) seeing ghosts of their parents?  We've had Randall seeing his birth mom and this past episode, Kevin saw Jack.  I suppose it won't be long before Kate sees someone.  Unless the urn counts.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, PRgal said:

What is with the Big 3 (or at least the guys) seeing ghosts of their parents?  We've had Randall seeing his birth mom and this past episode, Kevin saw Jack.  I suppose it won't be long before Kate sees someone.  Unless the urn counts.  

Don't forget Randall's drug-induced hallucinations of Jack, too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 2/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, Cathy Santoni said:

”Maybe it’s something we can discuss...” Um, NO, Kate. The woman who just GAVE YOU HER BABY gets to decide how involved she is in that child’s life.

What was the purpose of Madison telling the guy she’d tip him off when Kevin jogs? Did he give her something in return?

On 2/24/2021 at 10:53 AM, Leeds said:

I couldn't believe the birth mother agreed to being driven home by Kate and Toby.  That is already incredibly insensitive of them (they should have paid for a cab, or at the very least have one of the many Pearsons with nothing but free time drive her), then add to that Kate's verbal dickishness.

When Madison went up to the photographer, I assumed she would ask to see the photos and then delete them before he could get out of the car.  And never actually give him access in the future.  It's what I would have done.

I just don't get how blind Kate was. Read the room, Kate! I don't know what Kate and Toby were thinking giving the mother a ride home. Didn't Kate understand how difficult it was for her when she asked to hold her baby when she didn't want to before?

I don't understand Madison. She made a deal with the paparazzi without getting him to delete the photos he already took? There's nothing stopping him from selling the photos and wow, way to sellout Kevin. He's not gonna want paparazzi taking photos while he's running. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mrs.Monkey said:

I just happened to be listening to the latest episode of "Ty and that Guy" which is a podcast with Wes Chatham from The Expanse. Wes discussed how, while filming the first season of The Expanse in Canada, his wife went into labor in LA. Shockingly, Wes didn't have to QUIT HIS JOB. The director and producers were all very supportive. They allowed him to finish shooting his scene quickly, and then helped him get a flight home. He was there for the delivery. I know this show is all about the drama, but given that there are directors and actors and producers and agents and casting agents all associated with this show, you'd think they'd have a better sense of how being an actor actually works.

While this Kevin storyline is pushing the limits of believability,  the director was a dick throughout the whole process.   It makes me think the money behind the movie wants Kevin in the role over the objections of the director.   That director probably made Kevin's life hell the whole shoot.  When Kevin told him Madison went into labor, he still expected Kevin to shoot and figure it out later.  He did nothing to get a PA to book Kevin's flight, etc.  

• Love 3
On 2/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, PRgal said:

Those were big ol' warm and fuzzy (i.e., manipulative) hugs to the viewer. 

Randall's Road To Damascus moment baptized away all the bitterness and anger that he had over the fight with Kevin and fortified him to "MMMBop" Madison through labor until Kevin finally arrived, thus securing his place as The Better Pearson™.   

Kevin received benediction from the angel Jack and now he (and we) can go forth knowing that he's gonna live up to the high child-rearing standards set by his stint as The Manny. 

And who among us didn't get a tummy tingle and an eyeball sting-le seeing St. Jack holding his grandkids?    

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Arcadiasw said:

I just don't get how blind Kate was. Read the room, Kate! I don't know what Kate and Toby were thinking giving the mother a ride home. Didn't Kate understand how difficult it was for her when she asked to hold her baby when she didn't want to before?

She even told Toby they'd have to be especially sensitive around Ellie that day. Then promptly forgot her own memo during the car ride.

• Love 16

When Toby and Kate were talking when they got home, I was half expecting Toby to say "You know, Kate, I went to the hospital prepared for Ellie to say she wanted to keep the baby - so her saying she wants it to be a closed adoption instead is still a win in my book."

• Love 14
17 hours ago, PRgal said:

Didn't Kate see Ghost Jack at her wedding?

• Love 2
13 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She even told Toby they'd have to be especially sensitive around Ellie that day. Then promptly forgot her own memo during the car ride.

But considering we're in a pandemic right now, I can see why.  Though Ellie could have called a friend or family member to pick her up.   Of course, it's possible she never told anyone about the pregnancy, other than, say, whomever is taking care of her daughter (and her daughter, of course).  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Good Queen Jane said:

Didn't Kate see Ghost Jack at her wedding?

Yes, I think he was dancing with Ghost Laurel, and hinted that there was a chance he might soon become Randall's Ghost Step-dad.

45 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Though Ellie could have called a friend or family member to pick her up

I was wondering why it is that Ellie seemingly has no support system through any of this.  Even if she didn't tell her family or friends about the pregnancy, surely the adoption agency must have provided someone to at least deal with the emotional side of it, no? 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I was wondering why it is that Ellie seemingly has no support system through any of this.  Even if she didn't tell her family or friends about the pregnancy, surely the adoption agency must have provided someone to at least deal with the emotional side of it, no? 

Have we even seen anyone from the agency at any point during all this? Was this a legal adoption? Did they sign papers, or did Ellie just hand them the baby?  It's so strange to me that there hasn't been any intermediary.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:04 AM, smartymarty said:

Kate solely looked at this from the baby's point of view instead of the mother's. An adoptive child wants to know where they came from, but it is not unusual for the mothers to not want to be found. So give it a rest, Kate!!

Kate was trying to control that situation too tightly - she was only seeing the outcome she wanted and not thinking of any other possible outcomes. I have friends who adopted and the birth mother made it clear from the outset that she wanted nothing to do with the child; I'm not even sure she met my friends in person, and I think she went back to her home country as soon as she was able after the baby was born. The child is in elementary school now and no one has heard from the birth mother since. I also have friends who were adopted who have never expressed any interest in knowing about their birth parents - their parents have said "We'll tell you everything we know, help you any way we can if you want to find out about them" and they're like "I'm good." 

Ellie might reach back out, or she might not. They just need to focus on raising Hailey and Jack.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Have we even seen anyone from the agency at any point during all this? Was this a legal adoption? Did they sign papers, or did Ellie just hand them the baby?  It's so strange to me that there hasn't been any intermediary.

They mentioned Ellie signing the papers to relinquish her, but they didn't mention Kate and Toby signing anything. I'm sure there's lots of paperwork on both sides once baby is born. I'm just gonna hand-wave that they did all the legal stuff off screen, but I still find it unlikely that there was no one from the state or adoption agency present when they were releasing her.

I also wondered about the father. Did she even tell him? I know it was a one-night stand, but still. I googled a little and the one site I clicked on had this to say about the father's consent being required:

The consent of a father who is not married to the mother, or not named on the birth certificate, is not required as long as he has been given notice of the adoption, or the court has ruled that he does not need to be given notice.

(There was some other stuff but I didn't see anything about what happens if the father objects to the adoption. I guess it's moot because it's clearly not an issue in show. So far, anyway. Hopefully they don't go for some drama about him showing up and wanting his kid. Though it could be interesting if he didn't want custody but wanted the same kind of open-adoption relationship/updates that they had originally agreed to with Ellie. You never see the birth-father's perspective in these stories on TV. No one ever even seems to think about that.)

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

They mentioned Ellie signing the papers to relinquish her, but they didn't mention Kate and Toby signing anything. I'm sure there's lots of paperwork on both sides once baby is born. I'm just gonna hand-wave that they did all the legal stuff off screen, but I still find it unlikely that there was no one from the state or adoption agency present when they were releasing her.

I also wondered about the father. Did she even tell him? I know it was a one-night stand, but still. I googled a little and the one site I clicked on had this to say about the father's consent being required:

(There was some other stuff but I didn't see anything about what happens if the father objects to the adoption. I guess it's moot because it's clearly not an issue in show. So far, anyway. Hopefully they don't go for some drama about him showing up and wanting his kid. Though it could be interesting if he didn't want custody but wanted the same kind of open-adoption relationship/updates that they had originally agreed to with Ellie. You never see the birth-father's perspective in these stories on TV. No one ever even seems to think about that.)

The dad was a one-night stand possibly a Tinder hook up.  Ellie did not get enough details to contact him.  I really don't see the show next season having the dad pop up to contest the adoption.  There is zero narrative tension because of the flashforwards.  We already know Hailey and Jack grow up together.  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, kili said:

Plot twist...it's Marc!

Please, it's obviously the child of someone who once bumped into Jack while riding a bus with William after being sold heroin by Laurel.  I'm sure we'll get a three or four part episode about them at some point.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
On 2/24/2021 at 2:12 AM, Leeds said:

Am I the only person who hated 99% of this episode?

(Including the brand new baby that looked like a kielbasa inexpertly wrapped in a blanket.)

I suppose I should preface my comment by saying that I've never had babies, I don't want babies, I don't like babies, I don't want to be around anyone else's baby, and I sure as hell don't want to listen to babies scream on my tv for an hour. 

I too hated this episode. By far the worst one of the series for me. Lots of muting and fast forwarding through all of the unpleasant noise, so I may have missed the nuances that made everyone else like it so much. And I guess Deja had a glow up, because she was a rough looking teen whom I didn't recognize at all as an adult.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Please, it's obviously the child of someone who once bumped into Jack while riding a bus with William after being sold heroin by Laurel.  I'm sure we'll get a three or four part episode about them at some point.

I mean obviously it will be the guy we met that one time the night Jack met Rebecca. That guy will have sold William the heron that he thought killed Laurel, then he had a kid that impregnated Ellie.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, bros402 said:

I mean obviously it will be the guy we met that one time the night Jack met Rebecca. That guy will have sold William the heron that he thought killed Laurel, then he had a kid that impregnated Ellie.

Herons are known to have deadly beaks.

image.png.8c27b0766c28a1f68a2450f7b315afc8.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Ref. the bio dad of Ellie’s baby.  Laws vary by state, but most require legal notice to a father, even if you don’t know their name.  It’s done by legal publication in a newspaper where you state the date of the conception, location, etc. so that a man who reads it might be put on notice that the child was being adopted and he should come forward.  Chances are he wouldn’t see it, but it’s still required in most states, as well as a good faith effort to determine the father’s identity.  The way Ellie seemed to discount the father wasn’t right imo.  Those in charge of the adoption would not have been so dismissive about him.  I hope the proceedings were legit............Okay, just checked.  Apparently in CA you may sign an affidavit of due diligence and ask the court to waive the requirement of notice.  Wow.....

https://law.justia.com/codes/california/2009/fam/7660-7670.html

http://www.ventura.courts.ca.gov/local_forms/vn209.pdf

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 5
On 2/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

This is what bugs me about the character. She seems to swing whichever way the wind is blowing in any particular episode. I still get a weird vibe from her. Like, Kevin should sleep with one eye open and one hand on the family jewels. I remain unconvinced that they are together in the flash forward, regardless of Sophie.

Unfortunately, I relate a LOT to Madison. I would have to say, my mood swings are quite similar. I am the bubbly friend, and the silent introvert the moment I get home. I will panic over weight gain from a pregnancy if I am lucky enough to have one, and I also am at my calmest when others are most anxious. There's a contrarian tendency to Madison, she rarely shares the feelings of others in the room. If they are happy, she is reserved. If they are nervous or sad, she is usually quite confident and even bubbly (see Kate telling her she was pregnant in season 2). I don't have any mental health issues, outside of my former ED, so I don't find her dangerous. Not that people with mental illnesses are dangerous! I meant she's likely not a klepto.

Sure, she's badly written, so her husband can fit her in more scenes. But there is something about Madison grounded in my reality. Even her going to overeaters anonymous when she needed to be in a body dysmorphia group setting is Madison being a contrarian. 

ETA: I'm also an event coordinator. And the exact same age as Madison. 

ETA2: I just realized you didn't mean actual jewels. *facepalm*

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 7
On 2/23/2021 at 7:20 PM, phalange said:

Future Deja and Annie!

Kevin proposing to Madison with his hospital bracelet was sweet.

Really, Jack, drinking on the day your kids come home from the hospital and making Rebecca—who’s still physically and emotionally recovering—drive home? Yikes, dude. 

I know Kate is hoping Hailey will know her birth mom, but it’s been like two days. Give Ellie some time to process.

If I just gave birth and my husband was asking me when we were having a third kid I’d take the car keys and he’d be walking home. 

I loved Kevin's proposal to Madison, but I was a bit concerned that he didn't say he loved her.  Just that he wanted them to be a family.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Alexander Pope said:

I loved Kevin's proposal to Madison, but I was a bit concerned that he didn't say he loved her.  Just that he wanted them to be a family.

Might be the most honest part of the show. To be fair, she was a one time thing, he was apologizing and had no desire to see her again like that, wanted to forget it. Then she says I'm having twins. He is in love with them and with the idea of a family but to say he loves her, she's not stupid. It's not based on HER yet, just their babies.

• Love 9
On 2/24/2021 at 4:50 PM, Lovecat said:

THANK you!  Between that huge inaccuracy and the fast and loose geography and travel times on this show, this here Pennsylvanian’s head is going to explode some day...

ETA:  Sorry for the strikeout, I’m recovering from shoulder surgery and am typing one-handed on an iPad that is being a pain in the ass...!!!!!!

Best wishes for fast healing and full recovery!

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 2/24/2021 at 7:39 PM, 3 is enough said:

It isn’t uncommon for laid off employees to stay on the company insurance plan for a few months as part of a severance package. Toby seemed to have the type of job where this would happen.

Plus we have COBRA, where you get to keep your existing insurance for 18 months, but you have to pay the premiums.  It is quite high out of your own pocket though.  You'll get sticker shock looking at the bill when they finally send it to you.  Which takes a while, so you can't really plan ahead of time except for acknowledging from the get go that you're basically screwed.  Source:  Personal Experience in the State of California.

• Love 5
On 2/24/2021 at 8:38 PM, txhorns79 said:

I'd have trouble believing a hospital would want to set itself up to be liable for whether someone's car seat was properly installed in their car.

They could have a nurse or someone qualified to give a complimentary lesson and make sure they are aware instead of just reading the manual.  I don't know if they do that though.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:24 AM, Lsk02 said:

There!  You answered my previous post wondering about this.  Now we all know!

• Love 1
On 2/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, PRgal said:

Possession is nine tenths of the law.  Jack is ALWAYS with Kate.  (Unless they had an episode where Kate released Jack's ashes and I forgot it.)

• Love 1
On 2/26/2021 at 7:08 AM, PRgal said:

But considering we're in a pandemic right now, I can see why.  Though Ellie could have called a friend or family member to pick her up.   Of course, it's possible she never told anyone about the pregnancy, other than, say, whomever is taking care of her daughter (and her daughter, of course).  

Good point.  No one's going to announce to all friends and family that they're pregnant with some unknown man's child and is giving the baby up for adoption at birth!

FWIW, I took two Lyfts a couple of days ago.  Lyft and Uber are still very much in operation and COVID-19 precautions are mandatory.  Everyone masked, windows open, no recirculating air (A/C or just fan), hand sanitizer, cannot sit in the front seat, etc.

Edited by CrystalBlue
More COVID-19 Lyft precautions.
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

Possession is nine tenths of the law.  Jack is ALWAYS with Kate.  (Unless they had an episode where Kate released Jack's ashes and I forgot it.)

She scattered his ashes before her wedding.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

She scattered his ashes before her wedding.

Oh yeah.  How could I forget!  But Kate still has the urn, right?  Did the Big 3 make an arrangement where they take possession of jack's urn for four months of each year?

Back to this specific episode and the adoption:  I really think that the Damons adopted baby Chloe Hailey from a website or app.  I don't think there was an adoption counselor or mediator involved.  I believe it was a DIY deal, with the necessary legal docs being executed by Ellie and Kate and Toby.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Leeds said:

Herons are known to have deadly beaks.

image.png.8c27b0766c28a1f68a2450f7b315afc8.png

They are!

god imagine if Randall developed a heron addiction, imagine the Pearson Speeches he would have

"BETH, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THE BIRDS, YOU AND THE GIRLS ARE MY LIFE, BUT I NEED THOSE BIRDS!"

2 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

So has Kevin ever told Madison he loves her?

So glad they didn’t take Deja down the path of her mother.  So is it wrong that I want the cute doctor to be the daddy but  guess it’s the childhood boyfriend( forget his name)?

Malik?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

They could have a nurse or someone qualified to give a complimentary lesson and make sure they are aware instead of just reading the manual.  I don't know if they do that though.

There's nothing complimentary in American health care.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Good point.  No one's going to announce to all friends and family that they're pregnant with some unknown man's child and is giving the baby up for adoption at birth!

FWIW, I took two Lyfts a couple of days ago.  Lyft and Uber are still very much in operation and COVID-19 precautions are mandatory.  Everyone masked, windows open, no recirculating air (A/C or just fan), hand sanitizer, cannot sit in the front seat, etc.

Some people are nervous about taking Lyfts/Ubers or cabs.  

As for Kate taking Hailey out without a carseat:  I, too, was surprised.  I know that there are some hospitals which do not have a requirement (unless it's required jurisdictionally), since there ARE convertible carseats with infant inserts, but I thought everyone took their kids out in carseats.  I wonder if ANY of the writers for that episode have kids.  Because if they do, they'd know.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Leeds said:

There's nothing complimentary in American health care.

Heh! We just got the bill for my 2 days in hospital with Covid.  Because we have really good insurance we were able to laugh at the four, 8 x 10,fine print pages of detailed charges.  If they charge for cotton balls ...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Heh! We just got the bill for my 2 days in hospital with Covid.  Because we have really good insurance we were able to laugh at the four, 8 x 10,fine print pages of detailed charges.  If they charge for cotton balls ...

My mom has caught some medicare fraud on her bills. She complains but gets the "you don't have to pay it" by many people. Still wrong. It also makes cost higher for others. I remember many years ago, 80's asking what a very expensive bandage was, over 50 I think. I had laparoscopy and there wasn't any really.  She said that was the bandaid. I'm like okay, a box is 3.00 at CVS.

• Love 3

Do we all assume that the white car is Kate and her kids?   
Isn’t the scene in the flash-forward when the big three go into dying Rebecca’s room copying the scene when preteen big three enter the hospital room from years earlier? Remember Rebecca reached for some fruit that rolled out of a grocery bag and got into a car accident? 
The one when preteen Kevin flirted with the nurse?

Anyway, first Randall entered, then Kevin and finally Kate. 
The only mysteries are:  are Kate and Toby still together? Where is Madison? How did Kevin get the Oscars? Did Rebecca know about the Oscar (was she lucid)? What’s the deal with Nicky and his ring? Okay, lots of mysteries!

• Love 2