Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Mary, Mary, you are quite contrary, 

Also, creepy, corrupt, bizarre and your husband gives you Chanel so her loves you.

The RH franchise has been circling the drain for a few years. But a brand new City that started out circling the drain....

• Love 12

The only reason that I can see for Lisa acting crazy at the reunion is that the producers told her she better do something to amp up the drama because she was beyond boring this season and really contributed nothing. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The only reason that I can see for Lisa acting crazy at the reunion is that the producers told her she better do something to amp up the drama because she was beyond boring this season and really contributed nothing. 

I was thinking the same about Mary. She got very little screen time and didn’t interact or go on any of the trips with the others. And on the reunion she’s over sharing and very, very, talkative so she makes sure back for season two. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

It’s good that Heather has goals for her daughters. She wants them to get wasted and have multiple partners. I hope she didn’t mean at the same time. 🙄

Right?  And also-there are plenty of kids that choose to abstain from sex and alcohol, for a number of reasons (they don't like the taste, they don't want multiple partners, they want a genuine partnership and it's not entirely based on sex).  I think she should have said she wanted her daughters to live a life that is authentic to them and not be restrained by the expectations of the Mormon church.  That can include multiple partners and drinking, but it could also include not joining the church and drinking coffee every morning.

I don't understand why Heather is obsessed with Lisa and Meredith's friendship, but I did like that Meredith was a good friend to Lisa when she pointed out that both parties refused to perceive anything the other person said in a positive way.  

We saw barely anything of Mary during the season, WHY do we have to endure almost an entire hour about her creepy relationship with her step grandpa?  And her grandma's relationship with him was creepy, too. I don't care how successful those soul food restaurants were, restaurants are not cash cows that lead to a closet of Chanel.  Maybe a closet of Ann Taylor.  

• Love 15

I think Heather and Lisa both came off horribly. I’m not a Lisa fan but I thought she seemed rational and composed for the most part while Heather sat there and glowered at her like Lisa had burned her house down. I get she doesn’t like Lisa, but it seems like a combo of wanting to be the most liked, and also feeling herself and her fandom a bit much. 

I think Lisa could care less about Heather but she has tequila to sell, and wouldn’t it be great if Rihanna sipped it on her Insta?  It seemed to me that Lisa saw that Heather was painting her as a bitch to the point where her business might be affected, and she wanted to flip the script. And for once I think it worked - Heather ended up looking overly invested and irrationally pissed. 

It was entertaining as hell so bravo to both ladies.  And Mary’s life is icky but she had me laughing the entire episode. She’s a pretty solid sparring partner. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ichbin said:

Heather is starting to walk a tightrope.  She's on the brink of going too far and losing sympathy and support.

Yep - Heather clearly got the memo that she was the most relatable of this weird cast, but now she's pushing it too far.  Why do you care about Meredith and Lisa's friendship?  Let it go.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed for most of this episode.  It was entertaining to me.  Lisa wandering around the stage in her wrinkly trash bag dress was the highlight for me.  Every time she did that teen girl pose for her closeups I cracked up.  Does she think she looks cute when she does that coy little smile?  Then she ran away to cry to her husband.  She was more entertaining in this reunion than she was all season.  Of course it was for all the wrong reasons.

All of this!!  That cutesy smile was positively demonic, that dress was a home ec project that earned a c-.

13 hours ago, nexxie said:

I’m thinking one and done - and, Mary, Baby Jesus says stop being a church con woman.

I dunno, I see they are bringing back Miami so...

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I laughed for most of this episode.  It was entertaining to me.  Lisa wandering around the stage in her wrinkly trash bag dress was the highlight for me.  Every time she did that teen girl pose for her closeups I cracked up.  Does she think she looks cute when she does that coy little smile?  Then she ran away to cry to her husband.  She was more entertaining in this reunion than she was all season.  Of course it was for all the wrong reasons.

She kept clutching at various parts of the dress also making it seem like she thought it would fall apart at any moment.  I also find it entertaining when someone whose opinion of themself is quite high goes and makes an ass of themself, particularly when it is on camera and nationally (internationally?) televised.  All that ultra entrepreneur, queen of Sundance posturing all season overshadowed by a reunion meltdown.  I think it says a lot that her bestie, Meredith, appeared more interested in wandering off with Whitney than going to check on Lisa. I imagine that production/Andy have the capability to "protect" the way a housewife is depicted if they so choose.  Interesting that they let this flow.  So far this reunion has been better than the entirety of the series itself.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Lord, "Whitney and Heather, Bad Weather." I almost fell off my couch. 😂

I wonder how long she practiced that one in the mirror!

3 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

I think Heather and Lisa both came off horribly. I’m not a Lisa fan but I thought she seemed rational and composed for the most part while Heather sat there and glowered at her like Lisa had burned her house down. I get she doesn’t like Lisa, but it seems like a combo of wanting to be the most liked, and also feeling herself and her fandom a bit much. 

I think in part one, Lisa came out hot and started this rage-a-thon.  In this part, Heather has amped up her attack even more.  Now, it's all become nonsensical - when Jen Shah comes off as the calm one, you know you've gone too far!

• Love 17

Mary's Reveals:

1.  Her grandmother did not have a will specifying she marry granddad.

2. Her marriage of 22 years is horrible, but he does buy her Chanel bags.

3. Her black husband is white.

4. She rants against her parishioners for not getting her gifts for her birthday and for being cheap.

5. She made up the info about Lisa and Meredith being afraid of Jen because she felt it was true.

6. Grandhubby is actually her second marriage.

7.  Her church teaches the same tenets as Mormonism.

What did I miss?

• LOL 5
  • Love 19

Meredith is such a bore.  Yawn.  She sat there silent most of the time except to tell people to never talk about her family.  Her fused bosom also grosses me out.  Her hair, however, looked nice; so much better than all season.  

Heather has always been my favorite.  I'm in the process of leaving the Mormon church too, so I can really connect with all her angst about it and am rooting for her, but she was weirdly bratty tonight.  I think Lisa's dismissiveness and snobbiness is at the core of Heather's disdain for her, but Heather obsessing over Lisa and Meredith's friendship felt very middle-schoolish to me.  I hope Heather can rise above her need for the likes of Jen and Lisa to accept her. 

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, ichbin said:

I believe this quote had Mary in mind:  Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt. She didn't just dig herself a hole, she created an abyss. 

Yes! And I doubt Mary can spell abyss.

• LOL 4
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Mary's Reveals:

4. She rants against her parishioners for not getting her gifts for her birthday and for being cheap.

5. She made up the info about Lisa and Meredith being afraid of Jen because she felt it was true.

What did I miss?

I think you covered it all with maybe the exception of is her whole house a high end hoarder closet.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Heather has always been my favorite.  I'm in the process of leaving the Mormon church too, so I can really connect with all her angst about it and am rooting for her, but she was weirdly bratty tonight

It is really hard to leave a a church or denomination, especially when it is part of your personal identity. That was me and the Catholic Church years ago. 
The angst is definitely real and I hope you find the right next step for you.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Mary's Reveals:

What did I miss?

She prefers her family cleans her house. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, 65mickey said:

But that doesn't explain why everyone seems to hate her all of a sudden!

14 hours ago, larapu2000 said:

We saw barely anything of Mary during the season, WHY do we have to endure almost an entire hour about her creepy relationship with her step grandpa?  And her grandma's relationship with him was creepy, too. I don't care how successful those soul food restaurants were, restaurants are not cash cows that lead to a closet of Chanel.  Maybe a closet of Ann Taylor.  

And we still don't know why she has a home in Indiana!

13 hours ago, DrivingSideways said:

In almost the last minute of the show I thought Heather made it obvious that she's pissed Lisa refriended Jen after the Las Vegas debacle.  And yes Heather, your insecurity is showing and it's not attractive.

12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All of this!!  That cutesy smile was positively demonic, that dress was a home ec project that earned a c-.

It was lacking athletic tape with "Brooks Marks" embroidered on it to hold the seams together 😄 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

It is really hard to leave a a church or denomination, especially when it is part of your personal identity. That was me and the Catholic Church years ago. 
The angst is definitely real and I hope you find the right next step for you.

Thank you. 🙂

• Love 3
On 2/18/2021 at 11:56 AM, TexasGal said:

Yep - Heather clearly got the memo that she was the most relatable of this weird cast, but now she's pushing it too far.  Why do you care about Meredith and Lisa's friendship?  Let it go.

Heather mentioned that she has had close friends, more or less, abandon her; I'm guessing this may have been around the time of or because of her divorce. She sees Lisa and Meredith as a threat to her friendship with Jen. She even said she felt that Jen "wanted to level up" and "be part of the Glam Kittens".

On 2/18/2021 at 2:18 PM, ichbin said:

I think it says a lot that her bestie, Meredith, appeared more interested in wandering off with Whitney than going to check on Lisa.

She disengaged

Edited by SweetieDarling
grammar
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, coastal515 said:

She prefers her family cleans her house. 

You know, because they live in a super small apartment. I'm baffled by Mary.

I actually thought this was entertaining and I'll be back next season. I couldn't really follow the Heather and Lisa fight towards the end. I like Heather but she really needed to just let it go. 

• Love 5
Just now, MaggieG said:

You know, because they live in a super small apartment. I'm baffled by Mary.

I actually thought this was entertaining and I'll be back next season. I couldn't really follow the Heather and Lisa fight towards the end. I like Heather but she really needed to just let it go. 

That was a weird statement, Mary said in exchange for their cleaning services she pays their rent, what about the other things you need money for?  Are they scrubbing her floors full time or is this a part time thing and they get income from a real job?  I do not believe she lives in the house we saw her filming in, like the bedroom where we have seen her film in is really in some other house.

Mary says her husband buys her designer bags and clothes so now I am inclinded to think that he is the one with he horrible taste in shoes and clothing. Does he even realize he has been dressing her like a Christmas nutcracker?  They keep replaying that clip of her wearing that horrible, ill fitting, green dress with itchy netting which she wore with black bra straps showing and white tights with black Mary Janes, that would be grounds for divorce if my husband came home with that shit and expected me to wear it.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
On 2/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, Straycat80 said:

I’m learning more about Mary in this reunion than I did the whole season. 

She got more screentime in this reunion than the show for sure. 

On 2/18/2021 at 7:09 AM, Gracie123 said:

Mary is a full of shit con-woman.  And her 22-year marriage is beyond gross.

Ya know what, and stay with me here,  I don't hate Mary! I talked shit all season about her bilking her parishioners but damn if she didn't bring me back around when she said marriage is really hard. IT IS. It really is, every one of those bitches on stage felt what she was saying it was quite possibly the most honest moment of the reunion.  She has a fascinating unconventional marriage, wardrobe, eye makeup and willingness to own up to stuff and explain it out without losing her shit.  I am enthusiastically on board the Mary train.  I am ok w/the kookiness. It is seasoning to this cast.

She is more real than Whitney who plays a Utah Barbie character without breaking, more articulate than Heather, more likeable than Lisa and more human than Meredith. She is way less crazy than Jen Shah.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

She got more screentime in this reunion than the show for sure. 

Ya know what, and stay with me here,  I don't hate Mary! I talked shit all season about her bilking her parishioners but damn if she didn't bring me back around when she said marriage is really hard. IT IS. It really is, every one of those bitches on stage felt what she was saying it was quite possibly the most honest moment of the reunion.  She has a fascinating unconventional marriage, wardrobe, eye makeup and willingness to own up to stuff and explain it out without losing her shit.  I am enthusiastically on board the Mary train.  I am ok w/the kookiness. It is seasoning to this cast.

She is more real than Whitney who plays a Utah Barbie character without breaking, more articulate than Heather, more likeable than Lisa and more human than Meredith. She is way less crazy than Jen Shah.

I feel a sense of protectiveness over Mary because I feel like making fun of her is low hanging fruit. Her life is just so weird that she's an easy target. I, however, cannot get behind her doublespeak about black men and her preference for white or light men (which is fine but it sounded like she was saying there was something with dark-skinned black people, which is not it). I think a lot has happened to Mary that we are not privy to and I think she holds onto some deep-seated insecurities about herself, her race and her life. Thus, I feel sorry for her and root for her to have a really good second season (if she's asked back) where she better explains herself and shows us more of her life (beyond material things). 

I know people were turned off by the Chanel bag breakdown but I think her intention was to say that Robert Sr. takes really good care of her and no one else in her life has. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

I, too, found Mary so much more relatable than I had the entire season.  

I appreciated her openness & honesty about her marriage.  That no, they are not physical and even have separate bedrooms.  And that marriage is hard.  

When she said she wasn't attracted to black men, that she preferred lighter skin, I felt that was honest.  No guy ever gets condemned because they prefer blonde hair or a girl who says she only wants tall men.  

Many men are only attracted to Asian women; there's an entire industry of Asian sex tourism devoted to that preference.  

It's a personal preference, and I think she knows, being a WOC, how that sounds, but was like, hey, I'm going to say what I feel.  I respect her for that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I found Mary appalling.  When she was talking, in my head I kept screaming"First Rule of Holes", "First Rule of Holes!"  As in, when you're in one, quit digging!  She is a mess.

I am also over the whole "marriage is hard" schtick.  No, some days are hard.  If every day is hard, if you've admitted to sleeping in separate bedrooms (and I'm not cringing over that) and crying on TV, it really is time to move on.  It sounds like it is a professional relationship, at best, in order to keep assets in line.  I'm fine with that.  Just quit it with the "hard marriage" talk.  Get legally separated.

I guess I need to go back and watch (but I won't); I was surprised Lisa was so vocal and Meredith was so silent.  What or who fired Lisa up?  I was also surprised Jen was so calm.  Looks like the meds she now takes works (and I'm not opposed to medication for her).  Heather looked good during the season; why is she so vocal now?  She is doing herself no favors.

Just a surprising reunion so far.

• Love 8

There are so many dynamics at play with this reunion that it was a wild watch. You have Lisa, who has had this intense backlash from the viewers, trying to save herself and flip the narrative and you have Heather, who has lingering jealousy over Jen wanting to be friends with Meredith/Lisa, having the wind her sails because of her current fan favorite position. It's especially wild where it seems like so many of them seem to be jostling to be friends with Meredith, giving her a level of emotion that Meredith seems incapable of giving to anybody aside from occasional strained moments through a Xanax-esque fueled fog to say something about them talking about the marriage she and her husband made central to their storyline.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

Meredith seems incapable of giving to anybody aside from occasional strained moments through a Xanax-esque fueled fog 

Is that what it is?

Meredith just has the flattest, strangest affect.  She drags out each word, while tilting her head to one side.  

And she seems to have no emotion for anything except Brooksie, the worst "housewife" ever.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
18 minutes ago, BloggerAloud said:

You cannot tell me that Meredith and Brooks did not try to get him onto the reunion. She would've shared her chair with him.

Now I’m picturing him sitting on her lap.  MAKE IT STOP!

• LOL 20