Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

You cannot tell me that Meredith and Brooks did not try to get him onto the reunion. She would've shared her chair with him.

Well, it’s her fault for not putting down a strip of tape with Brooks Marks written on it leading from her dressing area to her seat.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/19/2021 at 3:02 PM, albarino said:

I am also over the whole "marriage is hard" schtick.  No, some days are hard.  If every day is hard, if you've admitted to sleeping in separate bedrooms (and I'm not cringing over that) and crying on TV, it really is time to move on.  It sounds like it is a professional relationship, at best, in order to keep assets in line.  I'm fine with that.  Just quit it with the "hard marriage" talk.  Get legally separated.

I too don't get why "marriage is hard".  And not everyone needs to get separated - some people are happy to be married without being constantly "in love" and sexually attracted.

On 2/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, BloggerAloud said:

Lisa, who has had this intense backlash from the viewers, trying to save herself and flip the narrative 

I still am not understanding what happened with Lisa - I didn't see any type of intense backlash until she made a spectacle of herself - when this all started what was she trying to save herself from?

• Love 7
On 2/19/2021 at 1:13 PM, Starlight925 said:

I, too, found Mary so much more relatable than I had the entire season.  

I appreciated her openness & honesty about her marriage.  That no, they are not physical and even have separate bedrooms.  And that marriage is hard.  

When she said she wasn't attracted to black men, that she preferred lighter skin, I felt that was honest.  No guy ever gets condemned because they prefer blonde hair or a girl who says she only wants tall men.  

Many men are only attracted to Asian women; there's an entire industry of Asian sex tourism devoted to that preference.  

It's a personal preference, and I think she knows, being a WOC, how that sounds, but was like, hey, I'm going to say what I feel.  I respect her for that.

Colorism is not the same as a woman preferring a tall man over a short man or a man preferring blondes over brunettes.  Colorism and featurism have been ingrained in the Black community and the Latino community for centuries and it has been destructive.  Colorism is corrosive hurtful and it divides communities of color and we perpetuate White supremacy when we say that light is better than dark.. Colonizers put that in us in that everything that is connected with Europe is good and everything that falls short of that is bad. Mary is full of self-hate, she calls her light-skinned Black husband a White man. If you see there is nothing wrong with that then I don't know what to say..

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Rewatched the reunion...Heather revealed her true self.  I'm actually on Lisa's side.

I think Heather is really upset that Lisa has been condescending to and dismissive of her since the beginning.  I feel like Lisa has put off the vibe that Heather isn't one of the "cool kids" for the whole season.  Also, I think Heather's upset that Lisa forgave Jen about the crap she pulled in Vegas and that's why she was lashing out.  I agree, it wasn't a good look, but I've been listening to an 8 hour podcast with Heather and her business partner (Dre) and getting a deeper look into Heather has shown me even more that she is a really good person.  One example:  Her Beauty Lab business repairs track marks and self-harm scars for free and she and Dre have started a  foundation called "Don't Leave" to help break the stigma around mental illness after Dre's brother committed suicide.  They keep a therapist on their staff for all of the employees.  She really does care about people.  The reunion didn't really reflect well on her and that makes me kind of sad.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Useful 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

Finally catching up on this crapfest. Every time I start to almost like Meredith, I remember that she created Brooks and all good will is lost. It makes me sad that Heather is so desperate for these harpies approval. I still believe that Heather is the least worst of all these women. That’s the most I can muster. 

• Love 4
On 2/18/2021 at 12:30 AM, ichbin said:

Heather is starting to walk a tightrope.  She's on the brink of going too far and losing sympathy and support.

More than the brink for me! She went weirdly hard at Lisa (whom I don’t even really like!) in a way that was really off-putting. But I mean, I guess she’s still my favorite because what are the alternatives?

48 minutes ago, ladle said:

More than the brink for me! She went weirdly hard at Lisa (whom I don’t even really like!) in a way that was really off-putting. But I mean, I guess she’s still my favorite because what are the alternatives?

Good point. Heather is my favorite, but it is a low bar. However, she lost good will with me during the reunion, she let great feedback from viewers and celebrities go to her head.

Didn’t care for Lisa much, but she did fine at the reunion.

Mary’s mid reunion nap seemed to have helped her in the second half.

• Love 4