Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Future Tense

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The 118 race to save a man under siege by his high-tech smart home, and a yoga teacher who has lost her vision. Athena hunts down a bank robber disguised by Covid protocols. Meanwhile, Buck confides in Maddie, Hen clashes with her antagonizing medical school lab partner and members of the 118's crew prep for an out-of-state mission.

Airdate: 02/01/2021

Something about the way Bobby asked “why do we have this?” about the robot vacuum made me laugh.

I’m into fitness, including yoga, but I’ve never understood goat yoga. I don’t see the point.

Not interested in Hen’s classmate.

Smart houses creep me out too, very much.

Hen’s little girl is SO CUTE. Her name is Nia - I have a friend named Nia.

Calling it: Maddie is Buck’s mother.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, stormymac said:

THANK GOD , I’m not the only one.

I thought the same thing!

Jennifer is 12 years older than Oliver. They could fudge a year or two. A very young teen having a baby is horrid but not unheard of.

• Love 2

Hen's little girl stole her scenes.  OMG.  "I made Denny cute" and she sorta sang-talked it.  Adorable!

I hate when shows give a cranky, asshole, bitchy character a tragic backstory so we can feel bad for them.  It is a cheat and lazy storytelling.  They could have still made her super intense and a little standoffish without being such a bitch.  She ws ageist and dismissive of an entire profession.  Cancer doesn't make you an asshole.

15 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Huh.  If they go there and are using the actors' real ages then she would have had him when she was 12.  Which either she was super precocious or Maddie was molested.  Either that or they are going to age up Maddie and age down Buck.

I liked the running gag of Eddie and Hildy. 

• Love 7

I assumed the secret was more that Buck was adopted, not that Maddie is Buck's real mother. The latter just is extremely creepy to me. Not out of the realm for 9-1-1 standards, but still something that I can't picture. 

Hen's children are super adorable. Nia is so cute and stole all the scenes. But Hen's plot with Spoiled Brat Sydney was not it. I love Vanessa Marano, which is why it sucks that she has such an irritating character to play. Even with the sob story (which is rough, I'll give her that), it shouldn't excuse her insulting people surrounding her. 

The whole technological aspect this episode was definitely creepy. It just made me certain that technology would never run my life in that way. Have a few handy technology items, sure. Just nothing like the Hildy thing...which I know was a play on Alexa, but still. 

I laughed at the prank Buck and Christopher pulled on Eddie. And it was so good for Buck to be honest about his therapy session in general. On the other side of it, it seems like Athena is not for therapy like Bobby is. I love that we might have a bit of conflict here with a difference of opinion.

• Love 15

Chim out here looking built like Bruce Lee. Wasn't expecting that.

And I don't mean that in a racially insensitive way. His body is literally lean but cut like Bruce.

I'm sure it's because the major crisis is over but I enjoyed how balanced this episode felt for everyone. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assumed the secret was more that Buck was adopted, not that Maddie is Buck's real mother.

With the notion that their parents never really wanted to have kids, I can't imagine them choosing to adopt. 

• Useful 1

Maybe Maddie and Buck are both adopted. Like they are sibling pair that got taken in by an aunt and uncle who weren't looking to have kids but at the same time kind of did their familial duty. Maddie's old enough to remember but Buck isn't. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Chim out here looking built like Bruce Lee. Wasn't expecting that.

Me neither! Or the ink. I was like “Okay then!”

2 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Maybe Maddie and Buck are both adopted. Like they are sibling pair that got taken in by an aunt and uncle who weren't looking to have kids but at the same time kind of did their familial duty. Maddie's old enough to remember but Buck isn't. 

Oh, that could be. If adoption is the story, it’s fucked up of the parents to lie about it and REALLY fucked up of them to get Maddie to lie about it. It’ll devastate Buck, and rightfully so.

7 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

With the notion that their parents never really wanted to have kids, I can't imagine them choosing to adopt. 

This is why I was leaning more toward Maddie being the mother. If they never wanted kids and Maddie wasn’t planned, and then she announces a teen pregnancy that they now have to raise, I could see that leading to distance - they resent Buck for existing and Maddie for creating the problem.

• Love 8

Hmm I wonder why Buck being in therapy is what set Maddie off. Wouldn’t that be a good thing? Pretty good episode and I always love Vanessa Moreno on my screen, I think she’s a great actress.

I bet that Maddie will be his mom - wouldn’t be crazy to age JLH up 2 years or so - though she’s never been particularly maternal with him) or their parents aren’t really their parents. I’m intrigued!

Edited by t7686
  • Love 3

I'll admit my first thought was that Buck was adopted as well, but all this talk of Maddie possibly being his mother has me intrigued.  

I hope the woman stalking her boyfriend faced some serious criminal charges.  I'd call it attempted murder, although I don't know if that would be correct, legally. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Hen's little girl stole her scenes.  OMG.  "I made Denny cute" and she sorta sang-talked it.  Adorable!

I hate when shows give a cranky, asshole, bitchy character a tragic backstory so we can feel bad for them.  It is a cheat and lazy storytelling.  They could have still made her super intense and a little standoffish without being such a bitch.  She ws ageist and dismissive of an entire profession.  Cancer doesn't make you an asshole.

Huh.  If they go there and are using the actors' real ages then she would have had him when she was 12.  Which either she was super precocious or Maddie was molested.  Either that or they are going to age up Maddie and age down Buck.

I liked the running gag of Eddie and Hildy. 

I said the same thing on Twitter. That really annoyed me as a cancer survivor. Not overly familiar with the actress, but she sure is pretty.

My first thought about Buck was him being adopted but the Maddie is his mother has some reasoning behind it so maybe that is the secret. I'm just happy they're having a girl so that Buck can spoil his niece rotten. Calling it now that the birth will be something traumatic.

I wanted that psycho ex arrested big time. She was pure evil.

• Love 4

Add me to the group that thought the secret surrounding Buck was that he was adopted. I never figured Maddie could be his mother, but I'm curious to see how it'll play out and who is right, lol. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assumed the secret was more that Buck was adopted, not that Maddie is Buck's real mother. The latter just is extremely creepy to me. Not out of the realm for 9-1-1 standards, but still something that I can't picture. 

It could be either, or that Buck was the result of an affair. 

I can't picture them going with the latter mainly because Jennifer Love Hewitt hasn't been playing mothers to anyone but small children and you generally want to avoid getting typecast as a mother to adults for as long as possible, especially if you can still reasonably pass for 30-something. Like I could buy her playing 35. She can't be an ingenue anymore but I could also see her not willing to get put into the middle-aged mom roles yet, either. I could be wrong, though. JLH might just be happy to have a job and is willing to play whatever as long as it keeps her employed.

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Oooh, that makes a lot of sense. Or Buck was "let's adopt a baby to fix our marriage" case and it didn't work.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

You all have good theories about what lie Maddie is keeping from Buck.  They're in a tricky position with this story because I don't want to see Maddie and Buck's sibling relationship too damaged by the lie.  She'd have a lot of explaining to do if she's his mom and now is when she confesses? 

I do think the idea that both are adopted is a good one and that their parents took on the responsibility of parenting after a tragedy which would explain they weren't really into it.  Maybe their real dad abused/killed their mom in front of them.  Witnessing that abuse for ten years contributed to Maddie later ending up in an abusive marriage and she's afraid that Buck being in therapy will lead to some of those memories resurfacing.  Wanting to protect him from those memories is why they've not told him before about their real origins.

I thought Hen's lab partner was very rude to her at Hen at her home but I also though Hen was downright condescending to her during their lab session.  She jumped in to "correct" her way too quickly.

I like episodes like this.  There were two themes in therapy and technology.  And the funniest moment for me was when the robber called an Uber escape car for a second time and Athena said "he can't be that stupid" to herself.

ETA:  Forgot to mention, there was some bad pandemic protocol here.  Med students in a lab would be masked up, not wearing those almost useless plastic shields.  And a social worker visiting a house would also be wearing a mask--as would any responsible adult meeting with her. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I thought Hen's lab partner was very rude to her at Hen at her home but I also though Hen was downright condescending to her during their lab session.  She jumped in to "correct" her way too quickly.

Due to technical difficulties, I missed that part, but regarding:

1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Cancer doesn't make you an asshole....

I said the same thing on Twitter. That really annoyed me as a cancer survivor.

Even as another cancer survivor, I was okay with it as soon as the actor perfectly delivered her line of: "I don't just want to be the first woman in my family to get through Med School. I want to be the first woman in my family to live to be 35."
But, yeah, up until that point, I too was thinking: Just. Shut. Up. 

• Love 4

About the Big Buck Secret: I assume it has to be related in some way to Maddie's having a baby.
And since they did have Maddie have that whole conversation with her mom about learning the baby's gender and then took so long (in TV time) looking at the sonogram, this:

2 hours ago, Court said:

they had to choose his gender.

does sound like at least one of the guesses they were intending the audience to consider, but I honestly have no idea. 
I guess the idea of Buck being Maddie's son would make sense if being a brother rather than an uncle is a big deal, but really? Is it?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

About the Big Buck Secret: I assume it has to be related in some way to Maddie's having a baby.
And since they did have Maddie have that whole conversation with her mom about learning the baby's gender and then took so long (in TV time) looking at the sonogram, this:

does sound like at least one of the guesses they were intending the audience to consider, but I honestly have no idea. 
I guess the idea of Buck being Maddie's son would make sense if being a brother rather than an uncle is a big deal, but really? Is it?

It has nothing to with being a brother instead of an uncle but rather being a son instead of a brother. If you think finding out the woman you thought was your sister your entire life is actually your mother isn’t a big deal, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

For two lab partners that just met and got off on the wrong foot, how did "cancer girl" know where Hen lives? That seemed too contrived to me.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, stormymac said:

5 hours ago, stormymac said:

It has nothing to with being a brother instead of an uncle but rather being a son instead of a brother. If you think finding out the woman you thought was your sister your entire life is actually your mother isn’t a big deal, I don’t know what to tell you.

If this is true it, it is closely knit to what I call "The Bobby Darin Syndrome"

Read:  The Woman He Thought Was His Sister Was Really His Mother
Nina Cassotto, Darin's mother, was 16 years old when she found out she was pregnant. She never revealed who the father was, not even to her own family, and--perhaps due to the social stigma at the time--it was decided that Darin's grandmother, Polly, would raise him as her own son and Nina would masquerade as his sister. 

Darin didn't learn the truth about his mother until he was 32 years old and already a star. He may never had found out if it weren't for the fact that he was getting involved with Robert Kennedy's presidential campaign and hinting that politics was something he was thinking of getting involved with himself. The revelation, combined with the death later that year of Kennedy, was a real kick to the groin. Darin gave away most of his possessions (including a suitcase phone, the world's first mobile phone) to his friends and hightailed it to the Big Sur area of California with an Airstream trailer in tow. For several months, he lived in his trailer and began writing folk songs in what became his most creative and prolific period.  

Grandma Polly had experience with music and vaudeville herself, but one has to wonder what kind of background Darin's father came from...and if he ever saw his son perform and know that it was his child? One of those mysteries from music history that unfortunately, will never be solved.  

• Useful 6

Jack Nicholson, too, had a much older "sister" that was really his mother. (I actually do know a few families with big age gaps like that - my friend has two siblings that are like 15 and 17 years older than she is, no one in between, same parents. I have a family friend whose only sibling is 12 or 13 years younger than she is, no one in between, same parents.)

I found Maddie's approach to therapy problematic - she seems to be of the school of thought that only people with something wrong with them go to therapy, which is an attitude with which I firmly disagree. (I think we'd all be better off if literally everyone went to therapy at at least some point in their lives.) But then I thought about it and it seems to be in character - I think she saw a therapist after she stalked that woman that she suspected of being in an abusive marriage, but if I recall correctly she made a point of saying her boss made her go.

Athena has the same attitude, but I will say that's very common in the Black community, particularly among our elders.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

do think the idea that both are adopted is a good one and that their parents took on the responsibility of parenting after a tragedy which would explain they weren't really into it.  Maybe their real dad abused/killed their mom in front of them.  Witnessing that abuse for ten years contributed to Maddie later ending up in an abusive marriage and she's afraid that Buck being in therapy will lead to some of those memories resurfacing.  Wanting to protect him from those memories is why they've not told him before about their real origins.

I want this to be the right answer.  

I really would hate it they make it that Maddie is Buck's mother, based on the actor's ages alone.  Jennifer's turning 41 at the end of this month and Oliver turns 30 in June, which puts them 11/12 years apart.  I don't see them aging Maddie, since as someone else said, J Love can play much younger than she is, lets not make her 45 if we don't have to.  Plus, a 41 year old pregnancy is already considered geriatric, if you age Maddie up to 45, to make her Buck's mother, than that really makes her current pregnancy geriatric and I don't remember her and Chim being that concerned in that situation.  

9 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

they had to choose his gender.

This would be super weird and I think something manly man Buck would have a hard time dealing with.  Let's just make it that they were both adopted by people who didn't want kids.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, preeya said:

For two lab partners that just met and got off on the wrong foot, how did "cancer girl" know where Hen lives? That seemed too contrived to me.

Hildy?  Hehehe.

I could get behind the idea of Maddie being Buck's mother, except I think she would have a much harder time telling Chim about that than it seems she's going to.

I think this situation happened in the past a lot more than people realize - my husband's family had an instance, his grandmother had a child that was raised as her sister - but Buck is only in his twenties? Even if he's 30, that would make him born in the 90's. I find it hard to believe they would still choose to cover it up this way. Maddie would hardly have been wearing a scarlet letter for it.

As someone else mentioned, adoption seems an odd choice for a couple that have been characterized as good people/bad parents, people who were more interested in themselves than their kids. The thing that makes the most sense to me is that Buck was the child of someone they knew who for some probably nefarious reason couldn't raise him, and they took him in.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Hen’s little girl is SO CUTE. Her name is Nia - I have a friend named Nia.

I thought the little girl's name was Mia.

Naah, I think Buck is adopted.

12 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I like that theory. I would like to be suprised, thought. But please nothing creepy.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, stormymac said:
16 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

[parenthetical blah blah blah]

Sorry, I think my wording was confusing.
Thank goodness this isn't Twitter. 
So, to try to clarify:

1. Because of the plotting and writing, I assume that the BIG SECRET needs to be revealed now because of the impending birth of Maddie's baby.
  2. But maybe the secret is not really related (no pun intended) to Maddie's pregnancy other than that she wants to be one of those moms who can be trusted (understandable general goal) and the writers are just messing with us.
  3. Regarding the theory posed by others that Maddie is Buck's mother, I am confused as to why Maddie would feel an urgency to reveal the Secret before the new baby is born, so I was wondering if there are physical or genetic reasons, or if it is just psychological (see item #2).

But the lines from the episode that stick out the most to me are Buck's, when he's trying to answer Chim's questions about his (Buck's) and Maddie's parents. 
Buck says something to the effect of "It's like they [their parents] were never there" and "they [their parents] were more into each other than into being parents" (paraphrased, not really quotes).
To me, that sounds like Buck believes he and Maddie were adopted. 
So the Big Secret is...? 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

The stuff with the smart house was hilarious.    The stuff with Buck and Eddie and the coffee maker was also really great.   I also loved how  Athena caught the bank robber.  

The rest of the episode was boring.  Dont care about Hen and her lab mate.  Don’t care about whatever is going on with the Buckley’s family secret.   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

I thought that, when Maddie mentioned his family lying to him, that Buck was adopted and no one told him, but Maddie actually being his mom is an interesting theory. It would be pushing it with JLH's age, but I guess they could age her up a few years and say that Maddie had Buck as a thirteen or fourteen year old, as messed up as that would be. Although, considering how freaked out Maddie was by Buck going to therapy, maybe something traumatic happened to them when Buck was really little, and Maddie remembers it but Buck has seemingly blocked it out, and now Maddie is worried that either he is remembering stuff subconsciously, or that therapy will make him remember whatever happened. Maybe Buck's biological parents are actually his aunt and uncle or some other relative who died in front of Buck when he was really little, and Maddie's parents took him in out of obligation? So now they resent Buck for surviving whatever happened to his parents (maybe a sibling of one of his parents?) or that they had to take care of him when they never really wanted kids? Or Maddie and Buck both being adopted under similar circumstances, where Maddie knew they were adopted and knows what happened and Buck doesn't and they told her to never tell him, would also fit. No matter what, poor Buck, this is going to really suck for him, I hope it doesn't too badly hurt his relationship with Maddie. Good thing he already has a therapist!

I liked the themes of therapy and technology, and I am glad to get a "normal" episode in between our big season opening events and the cross over that's about to start with Lonestar's next big event, it gave everyone more time to shine. Its hard to tell if Maddie is really against therapy (or thinks people only get it if something is "wrong" specifically) or if this is connected to this secret she is keeping from Buck, but Athena is clearly not as into therapy as Bobby is. Which is really too bad, its something she could certainly benefit from after everything she has gone through, but she is from an older generation where therapy is considered less acceptable, and has always had trouble opening up to people and asking for help. Really, I think most people could benefit from therapy, even if they don't have some huge dramatic tragic past, its really healthy in general, even if its only for a little bit. 

The technology theme was pretty good too, especially Bobby apparently wanting to pull a gun on a Roomba, and Buck and Christopher playing a prank on Eddie, because he is being stalked by coffee. Of course Maddie of all people would catch on to the the stalker ex at the start of the episode and call the cops, she would certainly have very finely tuned stalker ex senses. I also thought that Athena catching the bank robber who was using Uber was funny. "He cant be that stupid." One aspect of pandemic life that I haven't seen, the difficulties of robbing a bank when no one can hear you with a mask on. 

Am I imagining things, or wasn't Vanessa Marano already on this show? She was on one of their big disaster episodes, I think she was even interacting with Hen mostly in that one, and she was definitely playing a different character. I knew when she was introduced being all mean and pushy that we would hear her tragic backstory by the end of the episode, and while that certainly is a tragic story, just because people are going through stuff that doesn't mean they have the right to be rude. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The technology theme was pretty good too, especially Bobby apparently wanting to pull a gun on a Roomba

Possibly my favourite part of the episode.

Maybe Buck was a twin whose sibling died in childbirth or in utero? I'm not sure why that would traumatize a grown adult, but maybe? It just does seem like something that involves Maddie though, for her to be so emotional over it. But then she does tend to over-dramatize. 

The bank robber story was fun. It will never not be weird to walk into a bank with a mask on. It is such a modern problem/solution to use Uber as a getaway vehicle though.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The technology theme was pretty good too, especially Bobby apparently wanting to pull a gun on a Roomba,

This cracked me up because I feel him.  I have two robot vacuums and they are pretty handy.  But it is true they are talky.  I have one that lets me know if it gets stuck under a too low-clearance table or couch "I am unable to move".  Or it'll let me know if it sucked up something that got stuck "Please check my right roller brush."  My favorite is when I pick it up to clear out the brush it tells me "I am suspended in the air."  And finally when it feels it has finished its job it tells me "I am going back home now."

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, lorbeer said:

I thought the little girl's name was Mia.

I heard Nia. It means "purpose." I can think of two Nias - one I know personally, and the actress Nia Long (both Black - my unconscious bias is showing, as I would expect a Black child to be named Nia before I would expect one to be named Mia because of the name's meaning and association with Kwanzaa).

I can get behind the theory that Buck is adopted or that they both were adopted, but I feel like there was more of a move not to keep adoption a secret from kids by the time Buck was born. (All the adoptees I know have always known they were adopted, and most of them are older than Buck. My friends who adopted their son, who is now in elementary school, told him as soon as he was old enough to understand, although they are a same-sex household so that kind of forces the issue.) And if he was adopted and Maddie wasn't, or if they were both adopted and Maddie was old enough to remember going to live with their parents and Buck wasn't, it is REALLY fucked up if their parents told Maddie to lie about it. How would he trust her after that?

Edited by Empress1
17 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I thought the same thing!

Jennifer is 12 years older than Oliver. They could fudge a year or two. A very young teen having a baby is horrid but not unheard of.

In her first episode its mentioned that Maddie is 15 years older than Buck. So that would make her the right age. I do hope if TPTB go this route its not a case of Maddie being raped or exploited, the character has plenty of angsty backstory without piling on more. If this is the case it does help explain why Maddie instinctively ran to Buck rather than their parents when she left her husband.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

In her first episode its mentioned that Maddie is 15 years older than Buck. So that would make her the right age. I do hope if TPTB go this route its not a case of Maddie being raped or exploited, the character has plenty of angsty backstory without piling on more. If this is the case it does help explain why Maddie instinctively ran to Buck rather than their parents when she left her husband.

I had forgotten this. It does lend credibility to the spec that she is his mother, but I still can't imagine why she/they would hide it. She also seems pretty cool with telling Chim now, which I think would be at least as big a challenge as telling Buck. I also can't see why she would fear that therapy might somehow bring this to light, when there is no way he could 'know', even subconsciously.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

Do you remember who said it and when? I rewatched this episode and didn't hear it at all. I might have missed that since English it's not my first language.

22 hours ago, Bulldog said:

I hope the woman stalking her boyfriend faced some serious criminal charges.  I'd call it attempted murder, although I don't know if that would be correct, legally. 

(Attempted) murder is when there is intent to kill.  Attempted manslaughter would be the charge, and they'd likely be able to make it stick.  Of course the way the the ex was rambling on I'm sure her attorney would try for some kind of mental defect defense. 

The Buck secret could be that he was molested or otherwise traumatized as a child due to the parent's neglect. 

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Maddie's reaction to therapy seemed like it came from a show set 30 years ago. Are there still people who are aghast when someone goes to therapy?

Not really but I think it's telling. I don't think it just was about therapy. It was more about the why. That's the part that was suspect to me because my first inkling would never be to ask why you are going to therapy. And not letting it go. That's personal. She's worried that Buck knows something or feels something is off about him. Which might lead to the secret coming to light. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 6

I'm gonna back off my theory that Maddie gave birth to Buck. Just because it's increasingly icking me out.

I'm going to go with they are biological brother and sister that were adopted together after their parents died. Probably violently and I would now suspect that a very young Buck probably witnessed it. I am guessing the parents they grew up with were most likely a childless aunt and uncle that they were sent to because there was no other choice.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm gonna back off my theory that Maddie gave birth to Buck. Just because it's increasingly icking me out.

I'm going to go with they are biological brother and sister that were adopted together after their parents died. Probably violently and I would now suspect that a very young Buck probably witnessed it. I am guessing the parents they grew up with were most likely a childless aunt and uncle that they were sent to because there was no other choice.

Yeah now that I have watched the episode I wonder if maybe there was another Buckley sibling born between Buck and Maddie that died and he doesn't know about. It seems like the secret was something she knows and Buck doesn't. Not necessarily something Buck would accidentally discover in therapy. People generally don't remember childhood trauma accidentally in any case. Usually its actually a vague remembrance that someone else puts into context that unlocks memories like that.

Edited by Emily Thrace
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Maddie's reaction to therapy seemed like it came from a show set 30 years ago. Are there still people who are aghast when someone goes to therapy?

I think she was jest concered about her brother and worried not against therapy. I would be worried about my siblings either.

2 hours ago, cameron said:

They mentioned that May had once committed suicide.  I don't remember this.  Anyone remember that?

I believe it happenedd in the frist season, before Athena and Bobby got together. 

24 minutes ago, lorbeer said:

I think she was jest concered about her brother and worried not against therapy. I would be worried about my siblings either.

I believe it happenedd in the frist season, before Athena and Bobby got together. 

Thanks.  I'll have to look that up.