Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Kamicakes said:

I apologize if this seems to be a dumb question. But if you get cut from the team are you still considered an Alumni cheerleader? 

I am not positive, but I think if they finish their first season and get their pinkie rings they are considered alumni.  I don’t know if that changes if they get cut after that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kamicakes said:

I apologize if this seems to be a dumb question. But if you get cut from the team are you still considered an Alumni cheerleader? 

Yes. This was posted on the official DCC instagram last week.
Caila was cut after two seasons due to weight, and here they are on their IG highlighting her as alumni.

caila.jpg

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

"They're on to me" must mean one of TPTB reamed the whole kit and caboodle and read them the riot act threatening all kinds of hell to rain down should more leaks occur.

But the Perry Masons and Columbos of DCC Making the Team will ultimately prevail.  I hope.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

"They're on to me" must mean one of TPTB reamed the whole kit and caboodle and read them the riot act threatening all kinds of hell to rain down should more leaks occur.

But the Perry Masons and Columbos of DCC Making the Team will ultimately prevail.  I hope.

Y'all, I think Dr. Manhattan is just pulling our collective leg.
And also staying in character.

I don't think anyone knows anything yet from this year's hybrid finals/TC and that is why there are no leaks on here and why social media has been pretty boring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

My guess is TPTB think that if there is no real information coming out, that we'll all watch, and ratings will get better.     I think that we may not know who's cut right when it happens, but the producers won't be able to stop all of the cuts, and other info from getting out before the speculated mid-August air date.     I'm sure we'll at least hear some of the scoop from friends and associates of the ones that get cut.   

• Love 5
7 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Yes. This was posted on the official DCC instagram last week.
Caila was cut after two seasons due to weight, and here they are on their IG highlighting her as alumni.

caila.jpg

Thank you 😊 I was wondering since they put in so much time, effort and sacrifice 

7 hours ago, Jennv said:

Well, "The fatties are still on the team" Chelsea has an alumni top, so getting cut shouldn't stop Brennan from getting one, if she wants one.

Thank you 

13 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Hello. 

I know what you want. 

I can't provide that right now. 

They're on to me. 

There are others. 

Gooodbye. For now.

This could apply to so much in my life right now…

• LOL 19
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Kamicakes said:

Blonde Jenna who had been cut, moved on the the Spurs dance team and then tried out again was at the event wearing an alumni shirt. It’s possible Brennan just doesn’t have one yet or chose to wear something cuter. So I think they’re all considered an alum if they earned their pinky rings. 

I also think @LaurenBrook would chuckle at being called an insider. I think she’s like me (and several others!) that are acquainted with a few DCC or DCC alum and sometimes have info to share! Or did…I’ve aged out of the new squads 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is TPTB think that if there is no real information coming out, that we'll all watch, and ratings will get better.     I think that we may not know who's cut right when it happens, but the producers won't be able to stop all of the cuts, and other info from getting out before the speculated mid-August air date.     I'm sure we'll at least hear some of the scoop from friends and associates of the ones that get cut.   

I agree with you that that’s what they think. Honestly though, I am an out of sight, out of mind person. I think their plan will backfire. 

Edited by Fwcowboysfan
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Blonde Jenna who had been cut, moved on the the Spurs dance team and then tried out again was at the event wearing an alumni shirt. It’s possible Brennan just doesn’t have one yet or chose to wear something cuter. So I think they’re all considered an alum if they earned their pinky rings. 

I also think @LaurenBrook would chuckle at being called an insider. I think she’s like me (and several others!) that are acquainted with a few DCC or DCC alum and sometimes have info to share! Or did…I’ve aged out of the new squads 😂

Thank you 

• Love 2

Well... while I'm curious about what's going on and who did/did not make the true TC, this media silence is destroying any desire I have to watch the show.  I think they are shooting theirselves in the proverbial foot with all of the silence/lockdown.  Just my opinion... I was kind of excited after the 💩 show the last two seasons were... to watch this season.  Not anymore though.  Oh well.. tptb don't care what the fans think so my opinion doesn't matter.  Only way they care is if it affects their bottom line$$.  I'll have more fun just catching up here 🤙🏻

• Love 24
5 hours ago, KickPretty said:

😂😂😂

0961099F-EDC5-4A98-97B2-46A6972DD4EC.jpeg

The comments on this made me laugh out loud - active alum like Sarah, current DCC and Melissa Rycroft all had something to say 🤣

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

That's where I am on this topic as well.
What's the big deal about some information being available to a small percentage of fans? It didn't hurt them in the past. They're still going to be the highest viewed show on CMT (I definitely don't watch anything else on that channel). People will still tune in to see HOW it all played out, even if they already know WHAT happened with the Cheerleaders. I just don't see how keeping silent and putting a muzzle on the cheerleaders (apparently) is benefiting TPTB at all.

I agree. I think it’s because they lose a certain amount of control and it’s pretty obvious TPTB want to be in control of SM messaging (among other things).  Looking at the way other teams, other brands, other franchises use SM to promote and grow their brand, the DCC (and possibly CMT too) has no clue. They are so backwards and behind the times on using effective SM strategies. 

Edited by KatieC
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

Well... while I'm curious about what's going on and who did/did not make the true TC, this media silence is destroying any desire I have to watch the show.  I think they are shooting theirselves in the proverbial foot with all of the silence/lockdown.  Just my opinion... I was kind of excited after the 💩 show the last two seasons were... to watch this season.  Not anymore though.  Oh well.. tptb don't care what the fans think so my opinion doesn't matter.  Only way they care is if it affects their bottom line$$.  I'll have more fun just catching up here 🤙🏻

It’s funny you say this because I just thought the same. If we get no leaks, I won’t be interested enough to watch it in August, especially after last years 💩 show. 

1 hour ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

What's the big deal about some information being available to a small percentage of fans? It didn't hurt them in the past. They're still going to be the highest viewed show on CMT (I definitely don't watch anything else on that channel). People will still tune in to see HOW it all played out, even if they already know WHAT happened with the Cheerleaders. I just don't see how keeping silent and putting a muzzle on the cheerleaders (apparently) is benefiting TPTB at all.

The spoilers are what keep me interested. Without them I don’t see myself watching the show in August, as by that time I would have lost interest. Heck, I’m already loosing interest. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

The comments on this made me laugh out loud - active alum like Sarah, current DCC and Melissa Rycroft all had something to say 🤣

Melissa R needs to be given the boot. She offers nothing for the show or anything DCC related. In fact when I see a comment of hers on a page I just scroll by. Any scenes she is in on the show get the fast forward button.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, CruiseGirl said:

Melissa R needs to be given the boot. She offers nothing for the show or anything DCC related. In fact when I see a comment of hers on a page I just scroll by. Any scenes she is in on the show get the fast forward button.

Ruh Roh. MTT definitely missing the memo on this. Melissa filmed until 12:12 AM last night (and she wanted us all to know!).

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Ruh Roh. MTT definitely missing the memo on this. Melissa filmed until 12:12 AM last night (and she wanted us all to know!).

Yeah she had session with a few rookies yesterday 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 6/17/2021 at 3:59 AM, Jezlyn said:

Kat may not have faired well due to this costume -cant imagine this went down well...

Sandi Newton has a whole bunch of photos of different dances up on her insta

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQNaex3pvHl/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Screenshot_20210617-195702_Instagram.jpg

I don't know if the bottom of Kat's leotard worked its way up by accident or if it was a purposeful design/costume choice, but either way it's an unfortunate look.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

This! The amount of times they tried to hide the DCC rookies last year really didn’t make any difference. It made me less interested. 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

This! The amount of times they tried to hide the DCC rookies last year really didn’t make any difference. It made me less interested. 

That's what I meant when I said I had no clue who they even are, so not interested... As for Melissa, she's annoying & irrelevant I wish they'd stop trying to make her happen...

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, TB12 said:

That's what I meant when I said I had no clue who they even are, so not interested... As for Melissa, she's annoying & irrelevant I wish they'd stop trying to make her happen...

Sadly, I feel as though we haven't gotten to know the rookies for the past few years. When Victoria auditioned her first year, and then her comeback redemption year, the show was fixated on her at the expense of showing other rookies. (For the record, this isn't a hate-on-Victoria post, rather it's a criticism of the obsessive focus on her and the consequential minimization other candidates). After the narrative shifted away from Victoria, then we moved into Covid-19 and the bubble. I really miss getting to know the rookies. The last season that I actually remember getting to know rookies was when Jalyn and Ashlee were my favorite rookies.

• Love 19

Well, I think we have all agreed that putting a lid on info is a bad thing for the show in the long run.  So, let's examine potential reasons.  Here's my list:

1.  TPTB are stupid and don't know crap about people, psychology and/or marketing.

2.  TPTB are too bought into creating a story line and drama creation and think they can control it instead of seeing that every time they do that it backfires (Jalyn, Hannah, etc.).  I mean, this is a large group of young women competing with each other.  Let the real drama show instead of making it up!

3.  They are afraid that a vet or TCC will let some truths slip.  We've all seen that even before "the great dance break of the greatest DCC of all time - VK" she wasn't ever at the gatherings of the besties.  If our beloved Lemonbus is right, it's because she doesn't play well in the sandbox.  Maybe they are afraid that will somehow come out.

Any other reasons y'all can think of?

• Love 15

There are a small set of people who complain every year that they post pictures of the squad during the football season before the show is finished airing, saying that they spoiled it for them. So maybe they are listening to those people. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, Opine said:

Well, I think we have all agreed that putting a lid on info is a bad thing for the show in the long run.  So, let's examine potential reasons.  Here's my list:

1.  TPTB are stupid and don't know crap about people, psychology and/or marketing.

2.  TPTB are too bought into creating a story line and drama creation and think they can control it instead of seeing that every time they do that it backfires (Jalyn, Hannah, etc.).  I mean, this is a large group of young women competing with each other.  Let the real drama show instead of making it up!

3.  They are afraid that a vet or TCC will let some truths slip.  We've all seen that even before "the great dance break of the greatest DCC of all time - VK" she wasn't ever at the gatherings of the besties.  If our beloved Lemonbus is right, it's because she doesn't play well in the sandbox.  Maybe they are afraid that will somehow come out.

Any other reasons y'all can think of?

The show has gone to Kelli’s head and she is obsessed with controlling the narrative 

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Opine said:

Well, I think we have all agreed that putting a lid on info is a bad thing for the show in the long run. 

I don't agree. It is bad for the DCC fandom, particularly superfans who want to know everything about everything. But bad for the show? The facts don't seem to support that assumption.

DCC auditions used to get a lot of coverage in mass media and social media. Coverage has tightened up more and more every year to the near complete blackout we have now. Meanwhile, the ratings have gone up and up.

I don't know what the ratings were last year (season 15), but according to CMT, season 14 was the "highest-rated season in franchise history." This article says season 14 ratings were up 23%, and it seems unlikely (to me) that there was a big ratings drop last year while everyone was stuck at home in lock down.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Sadly, I feel as though we haven't gotten to know the rookies for the past few years. When Victoria auditioned her first year, and then her comeback redemption year, the show was fixated on her at the expense of showing other rookies. (For the record, this isn't a hate-on-Victoria post, rather it's a criticism of the obsessive focus on her and the consequential minimization other candidates). After the narrative shifted away from Victoria, then we moved into Covid-19 and the bubble. I really miss getting to know the rookies. The last season that I actually remember getting to know rookies was when Jalyn and Ashlee were my favorite rookies.

For me, with season 13, 14, 15 was the over-the-top obsession on highlighting Meredith's struggle. In season 14, every single episode Kelli defended her, and in every single episode Meredith was crying. Three seasons worth of Meredith, who was a pretty gal but a marginal dancer in range ability. Over-excessive Meredith coverage, and virtually no coverage on a whole slew of others - this (not VK, even though these were her seasons as well) sticks out like a sore thumb to me and ruins these seasons on re-watch. But collectively, it seems like most of us agree - especially with season 15 - we have no attachment anymore to the new rookies. Partly due to editing style? Partly due to the zipped lip of TPTB on promotion, teasers, leaks? If I had to choose, it's mostly the former - I would rather get to know all the TCC's stories, not be so imbalanced on drama and excessive highlighting of only a few (Meredith, again, and again, and again).

• Love 7

I get the whole let's keep everything under wraps so that the audience will be surprised, but at the same time I don't. I remember when I found out that Brennan, Lily, and Hannah were cut and being so upset but also wanting to know why they got cut in the first place. Also wanting to know why Kelly got cut cause her audition video was *chef's kiss* So I began watching Season 15 as soon as it aired. But then I realized how BS the narrative was and I stopped watching after Kelly got cut but before Hannah, Lily and Brennan's cuts. (I saw the YT videos though)

But that's not the point. The point is full on spoilers are bad but little spoilers are what get people watching. It's a balance. 

I mean, I am pretty sure we all gonna watch Season 16 just to know why VK took a year off. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I get the whole let's keep everything under wraps so that the audience will be surprised, but at the same time I don't. I remember when I found out that Brennan, Lily, and Hannah were cut and being so upset but also wanting to know why they got cut in the first place. Also wanting to know why Kelly got cut cause her audition video was *chef's kiss* So I began watching Season 15 as soon as it aired. But then I realized how BS the narrative was and I stopped watching after Kelly got cut but before Hannah, Lily and Brennan's cuts. (I saw the YT videos though)

But that's not the point. The point is full on spoilers are bad but little spoilers are what get people watching. It's a balance. 

I mean, I am pretty sure we all gonna watch Season 16 just to know why VK took a year off. 

And then many superfans will do like you did last year......tune out.  While the shows ratings may have gone up last year, they went up with casual observers and bored stay at homers.  But when you start losing your core of superfans, you start the wind down process.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I’ll prolly just wait til one of u spills it on here😆

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Trixi said:

I’ll prolly just wait til one of u spills it on here😆

Whaaaaaaat? You don't wanna watch a five minute segment about how VK was the best DCC of all time, how they are going to miss her, and how the team won't be the same without her? While Kelli and Judy try not to cry? Lmao 🤣

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Whaaaaaaat? You don't wanna watch a five minute segment about how VK was the best DCC of all time, how they are going to miss her, and how the team won't be the same without her? While Kelli and Judy try not to cry? Lmao 🤣

🤢🤮😆

• LOL 5
54 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

From this Marketing Managers opinion, the DCC don't realise the importance of social media. They give it to interns or family to look after, who obviously have no idea. Just because everyone uses social media, doesn't mean you know social media strategy. One of the biggest gripes in my role!!!! 

Ive noticed the past couple of years that people comment on the DCCs social posts and reference us here on PT. I think they are trying to shut us out because we are starting to spill out into the more general fans. We aren't just a small group of super fans anymore, our opinions and insider info is shared more widely. 

But I don't agree with their methods. Since Lily made DBC I've been following their IG and oh boy does their page shit all over DCC! Constant updates!!!!! Take note TPTB.. 

To Hayley or whoever is running their SM pages, here's some tips: 

- video is king: post more videos of rehearsals, performances, showgroup, fun locker room shenanigans..

- highlight the girls lives and professions outside of DCC. Don't just focus on Taylor the teacher and Kelsey the nurse... 

- user generated content - get yours fans creating content for you!!! 

- competitions - to win a spot on the judging panel at auditions, win a pair of boots etc

- you advertise online dance classes with the DCC but we never see any follow up. Post a teaser of everyone dancing together! 

I'll stop before this essay becomes too long. Alternatively, if you want to hire me just reach out haha 😉

This This This!!!

Where are the audition videos? Where are the introductions to the TCCs? Reintroduce us to the vets with their audition videos! It's not that hard to comprehend 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 23
56 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ugh! I'm sure that Kelli won't be able to help bringing up Victoria at some point, but if they waste five minutes that could have been spent introducing a rookie by waxing poetic about the beauty of Victoria's dancing and her "brave & mature" choice to take a year off, I'll throw something at the TV. All that's needed is a brief statement in the first episode along the lines of "Victoria is taking some time to address some personal things. We fully support that decision & look forward to the possibility of her re-auditioning like everyone else next year & are respecting her privacy." We don't need to see a zoom call with her or have her stopping by at their events like some alumni do from time to time.

• Love 7

I used to watch this show without fail. Then I stopped watching but kept following along here. This year I completely forgot about it until just now. And I'm okay with that. It just isn't what it used to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10