Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Whaaaaaaat? You don't wanna watch a five minute segment about how VK was the best DCC of all time, how they are going to miss her, and how the team won't be the same without her? While Kelli and Judy try not to cry? Lmao 🤣

I'm waiting for the new "then and now" video to show up on YouTube

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

From this Marketing Managers opinion, the DCC don't realise the importance of social media. They give it to interns or family to look after, who obviously have no idea. Just because everyone uses social media, doesn't mean you know social media strategy. One of the biggest gripes in my role!!!!

The DCC have long been behind the curve when it comes to their online presence.  They have stepped up a bit in recent years with things like DCC in motion, but yes they could be doing more. I hope the re-launch of the website portends good things.

I just did some digging around on the wayback machine and it reminded me that they did use to make more of the kind of content you're talking about. Warm. Humanizing. Approachable.

Who's Who Ally breaks down interesting factoids about the ladies on the team
Who's Who 2 More of the same
Game 6 Ally Traylor game day rundown
Thanksgiving Tidbits Nicole writes about the big Thanksgiving game
A New Look That time Sydney Durso was a brunette for 5 minutes
Celebrating the Year Nicole reports on end of year banquet
Weekend Getaway Nicole's girl trip
Twas the Night Before Tryouts Why Schram? Why?
Mailbag 11/15/2012 Ma'am?
Dancing With Our Stars Kelli writes about Melissa Rycroft

What I Love About Lindale Kelli F. talks about her small town roots
Farewell from Kelsi Betrays none of the inner conflict she later wrote about before essentially turning her back on the whole experience
Yay for May Courtney Cook writes about her audition experiences

Having the cheerleaders write articles was a great idea. But it depended heavily on having DCC who write well and who have the time and inclination.

This wouldn't work in today's snapchat world. People don't read long format anymore. But they could produce short videos or IG posts with this same kind of content

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Useful 4
  • Love 14
24 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

The DCC have long been behind the curve when it comes to their online presence.  They have stepped up a bit in recent years with things like DCC in motion, but yes they could be doing more. I hope the re-launch of the website portends good things.

I just did some digging around on the wayback machine and it reminded me that they did use to make more of the kind of content you're talking about. Warm. Humanizing. Approachable.

Farewell from Kelsi Betrays none of the inner conflict she later wrote about before essentially turning her back on the whole experience

Having the cheerleaders write articles was a great idea. But it depended heavily on having DCC who write well and who have the time and inclination.

This wouldn't work in today's snapchat world. People don't read long format anymore. But they could produce short videos or IG posts with this same kind of content

The lyrics do still do follow along for game day videos on insta stories, I've seen a few of them but more content and even little intro videos of all the rookies, once past tcc would be great. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JayDKay said:

From this Marketing Managers opinion, the DCC don't realise the importance of social media. They give it to interns or family to look after, who obviously have no idea. Just because everyone uses social media, doesn't mean you know social media strategy. One of the biggest gripes in my role!!!! 

Ive noticed the past couple of years that people comment on the DCCs social posts and reference us here on PT. I think they are trying to shut us out because we are starting to spill out into the more general fans. We aren't just a small group of super fans anymore, our opinions and insider info is shared more widely. 

But I don't agree with their methods. Since Lily made DBC I've been following their IG and oh boy does their page shit all over DCC! Constant updates!!!!! Take note TPTB.. 

To Hayley or whoever is running their SM pages, here's some tips: 

- video is king: post more videos of rehearsals, performances, showgroup, fun locker room shenanigans..

- highlight the girls lives and professions outside of DCC. Don't just focus on Taylor the teacher and Kelsey the nurse... 

- user generated content - get yours fans creating content for you!!! 

- competitions - to win a spot on the judging panel at auditions, win a pair of boots etc

- you advertise online dance classes with the DCC but we never see any follow up. Post a teaser of everyone dancing together! 

I'll stop before this essay becomes too long. Alternatively, if you want to hire me just reach out haha 😉

Another marketing manager here. I’m with you 100%.  And — no joke — my company’s hiring.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, JayDKay said:

ve noticed the past couple of years that people comment on the DCCs social posts and reference us here on PT. I think they are trying to shut us out because we are starting to spill out into the more general fans. We aren't just a small group of super fans anymore, our opinions and insider info is shared more widely. 

The problem the producers have is that MTT is now dependent on the rumors, the speculation, the secrecy and shock value. These things help fuel the chatter which bring the ratings upward and out toward their preferred demographic. The Victoria years (and last year) were highly rated because there was so much spillover, controversy and subsequent buzz. There was anti- PT on many public facing sites but of course all that did was send more people to see what PT was talking about. More discussion...  It worked. It brought in more viewers. Anti-PT is part of the strategy.

(this is also a problem for PT because now we are all just as dependent on the next new shocking development)

But DCC still wants to cling to the world class, professional sisterhood with the most "comprehensive audition" on the globe. DCC must tread carefully because if the brand becomes known as nothing more than a hypocritical and exploitive organization, eventually things will backfire.

So to tame those "toxic" rumors which could get out of control, MTT has to be ahead of reality. And that's why we see a more controlled release. Maybe an occasional leak or two carefully placed. It's a delicate balance.  The goal is to generate just enough chatter to seep out into the normal social media boards and attract the casual viewers 18-49, without damaging the wholesome brand.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

What was the scoop that later came out about Kelsi’s experience?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Wow! SleepyJean! I really enjoyed this post and had a fun time reading all those old articles written by DCC's. But now I'm curious about the inner conflict you said Kelsi Reich later wrote about before turning her back on the whole experience. I was not aware of this story. Could you give me the Cliff Notes version of that story or point me to where I could read where she wrote about this? It sounds very interesting!

And I agree with your question regarding Brittney Schram's poem. I've always loved everything about Brittney and thought she was perfect in every way...until I read her poem. Hah! 

Thanks again for a really great post!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Whaaaaaaat? You don't wanna watch a five minute segment about how VK was the best DCC of all time, how they are going to miss her, and how the team won't be the same without her? While Kelli and Judy try not to cry? Lmao 🤣

“We lost a teammate today.” 😢

• LOL 21
9 hours ago, JayDKay said:

- video is king: post more videos of rehearsals, performances, showgroup, fun locker room shenanigans..

- highlight the girls lives and professions outside of DCC. Don't just focus on Taylor the teacher and Kelsey the nurse... 

- competitions - to win a spot on the judging panel at auditions, win a pair of boots etc

- you advertise online dance classes with the DCC but we never see any follow up. Post a teaser of everyone dancing together! 

- And if your show is going to focus on would-be hopefuls trying to make the team ... HIGHLIGHT THE WOULD-BE HOPEFULS TRYING TO MAKE THE TEAM. Stop hiding them! 
(This especially in relation to last season). 

I'll stop screaming now LOL. 

• Love 14
10 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Ive noticed the past couple of years that people comment on the DCCs social posts and reference us here on PT. I think they are trying to shut us out because we are starting to spill out into the more general fans. We aren't just a small group of super fans anymore, our opinions and insider info is shared more widely. 

But I don't agree with their methods. Since Lily made DBC I've been following their IG and oh boy does their page shit all over DCC! Constant updates!!!!! Take note TPTB.. 

To Hayley or whoever is running their SM pages, here's some tips: 

I'll stop before this essay becomes too long. Alternatively, if you want to hire me just reach out haha 😉

As a fellow marketer, I agree 100%. They also need to make better use of their website too. It's very static and doesn't get updated much. As a writer, I do get annoyed that businesses just use social media for their marketing and very little else! They need to hire us!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

As a fellow marketer, I agree 100%. They also need to make better use of their website too. It's very static and doesn't get updated much. As a writer, I do get annoyed that businesses just use social media for their marketing and very little else! They need to hire us!

If they'd like to relocate me from Australia to the US, all expenses paid... I'd be more than willing 🤣🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JayDKay said:

If they'd like to relocate me from Australia to the US, all expenses paid... I'd be more than willing 🤣🤣

I'm based in the UK but am a freelance writer so would be happy to do it from afar! DCC TPTB, hit me up!

• LOL 3
17 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I mean, I am pretty sure we all gonna watch Season 16 just to know why VK took a year off.

I won't be🧐I'll be catching up here 🤗

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

"content"

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 9.56.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 9.56.18 PM.png

Thanks so much for sharing this photo! I'm sad to say that this photo exemplifies my complaint that I really don't *know* the rookies. I actually had to look, then re-look, and re-look once again, to identify each person. I couldn't even remember some of their names. In earlier seasons, I would have been able to provide a full biography on every rookie. That was when the show was about content rather than soundbites.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

and re-look once again, to identify each person. I couldn't even remember some of their names.

I recognized 2 girls, and one of them only because of a photo of Alora R that someone had posted here yesterday.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wow, that’s a variety of style for that occasion!  Tank with shorts to a fashionable jumpsuit!  Do these girls get any dress code tips?

I love Jada's jumpsuit!! 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

"We lost a teammate today" fake sniffle Kelli... 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

“We lost a teammate today.” 😢

Hahahahaha i didn't see this and wrote the same thing below, hahahahaha, i love us... :-)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Is Schram’s Poem just as bad or worse, then that…‘other poem’? 🤭🤔

I really like Brittney and hate to say it, but it was as bad artistically. However, Brittney left out the cray-cray in hers... 

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Who are these people???

same thought...

Side note I just had a thought Kelli probably won't retire until after season 20 of MTT because it'll be the biggest and BEST season with the most talented and largest auditioning group in history!

• LOL 19
10 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wow, that’s a variety of style for that occasion!  Tank with shorts to a fashionable jumpsuit!  Do these girls get any dress code tips?

i'm so amused by how varied the level of dress is here

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Stee said:

Umm… Marissa isn’t wearing pink?

I see her mostly in blue in pictures…

Anyway, in the picture from left to right is Armani, Dani, Jessica, Elli, Darian, Jada, Alora Rose, Marissa, McKenzie.  Claire is missing for some reason and Sydney but I’m guessing she moved on by that point? 

If you are interested I believe given the sheer amount of dcc followers that increased for Amanda Howard and a deleted IG story right after finals that a friend sent her Congratulations chocolates I believe she is in (actual 🙄) training camp. 

Also I’ve seen several dcc related IG posts from Presley, and Jordann has amassed many dcc followers as well. So I think they did as well.  (Though it does seem like Jalyn, Chandi and Marissa follow absolutely everyone.)  I get the feeling that quite a few made it through but we will see.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

i'm forever curious about why sydney decided to bounce after one year. after all that work, she didn't want at least ONE year on the field to really be a DCC? strange 

Her retirement announcement thing put out says it all she loved the sisterhood aspect of it all !! Sounds to me she didn’t get along with k and j 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 3
  • Love 12

Based on who isn’t following them on IG my predictions are Megan, Kelee, Lea, Ava and Tyra didn’t make  TCC after finals.  Course it’s early and they could just have not yet made friends.  Who knows? 

No way to tell though re Mel, Madeline, Tori and Ashlinn because they already knew many dcc prior of course due to past years trying out and Mel is local.  

I think they probably made 5 or 6 cuts. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Based on who isn’t following them on IG my predictions are Megan, Kelee, Lea, Ava and Tyra didn’t make  TCC after finals.  Course it’s early and they could just have not yet made friends.  Who knows? 

No way to tell though re Mel, Madeline, Tori and Ashlinn because they already knew many dcc prior of course due to past years trying out and Mel is local.  

I think they probably made 5 or 6 cuts. 

I don't know, Kleine just posted on her story that she was with Lea and Megan, and Tyra has previously posted saying goodbye to her mom at the airport and thanking her for helping move her to Texas. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kitkatkitty said:

I don't know, Kleine just posted on her story that she was with Lea and Megan, and Tyra has previously posted saying goodbye to her mom at the airport and thanking her for helping move her to Texas. 

Any Tyra and Lea and another gal were at the star Togther the other night 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Kitkatkitty said:

I saw that too with Tyra and Kleine. So like I said, could mean nothing just that some girls were more outgoing and managed to make more connections over those few days.  I do know a lot of the local girls already knew each other, especially the former TCU girls.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Her retirement announcement thing put out says it all she loved the sisterhood aspect of it all !! Sounds to me she didn’t get along with k and j 

That wouldn’t surprise me! Plus, she had quite a few years with the Atlanta falcons (she was their PBC). Her bio mentioned she had a major injury while with the falcons and she finished her masters in nutrition not that long ago- maybe she felt it was time to move on to different things? 

Edited by Touch the Star
Corrected grammar
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

i'm forever curious about why sydney decided to bounce after one year. after all that work, she didn't want at least ONE year on the field to really be a DCC? strange 

Just a guess but...

Let's assume that the widely discussed rumour was true; that she did follow her (ex)lover to Dallas, who did not want her anymore if I remember correctly? He then knocked up another woman... If we know and discuss this here, then an awful lot of people know it too

That would leave her in an incredibly humiliating situation in which she's constantly reminded of her loss and the fool she made of herself. People might have even made fun of it behind her back. If that story is true,  I'm surprised she even lasted a year. She then actually deserves credits for serving her contract and not running away.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Just a guess but...

Let's assume that the widely discussed rumour was true; that she did follow her (ex)lover to Dallas, who did not want her anymore if I remember correctly? He then knocked up another woman... If we know and discuss this here, then an awful lot of people know it too

That would leave her in an incredibly humiliating situation in which she's constantly reminded of her loss and the fool she made of herself. People might have even made fun of it behind her back. If that story is true,  I'm surprised she even lasted a year. She then actually deserves credits for serving her contract and not running away.

I don't know how this is a humiliating situation. Being an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for years and earning pro bowl is not humiliating. Then transitioning to DCC and earning a coveted spot is not humiliating. People break up all the time - we just assume Sydney would be heartbroken, devastated, and embarrassed because a relationship didn't work out and he moved on? A resulting pregnancy is his doing, not hers, she bears no weight or judgement from that. 

People's inner thoughts, life motivations, goals, desires are a lot more complex than we give them credit for. Why she wanted to move to Dallas, be a DCC, and retire after one year is not something she needs to explain, nor is it worthy of ridicule or embarrassment. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, heckkitty said:

the last time I gave a rip about any of these people was the year that Bridget, Hannah, Jalyn, Ashlee, Erin, Brennan, Daphne, Amber, Caroline, and Rachel W.  et al. were rookies.

Yep. And look where we are now: 

Bridget left after two (two!) seasons. Hannah was cut. Brennan was cut. Jalyn’s been effectively sidelined. And they barely ever feature Amber. 

Kelli has (let’s be honest, HAD) such potential right at her fingertips but instead opted to waste it for more “viewers.” 😢

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
51 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

don't know how this is a humiliating situation. Being an Atlanta Falcons cheerleader for years and earning pro bowl is not humiliating. Then transitioning to DCC and earning a coveted spot is not humiliating. People break up all the time - we just assume Sydney would be heartbroken, devastated, and embarrassed because a relationship didn't work out and he moved on?

Ok let me explain: my mention of humiliation is not about her former achievements. What she has achieved is impressive to say the least. I’ve tried to choose my wording carefully as we do not know if she did go to Dallas for love. My post merely had to do with what came after (if true) 

It was based on last year’s rumour that she primarily moved to Dallas and tried out for the DCC to be with a guy she loved (I believe he was signed by the cowboys) Rumours also said she cared more about him than he about her. Anyway he had something with another girl and got her pregnant straight away. Now, I’m pretty sure most of us would feel humiliated if that happened to us. I know I would be. And if your story is out on the internet, which it was, then you can bet people will thrash you, talk behind your back and revel in your misery…. And that can’t be nice…hence the feeling of humiliation. I would feel awful every single step of the way if this had happened to me and be very happy to leave it behind and move on. Hope that clarified what I meant.

What I can say about her: she achieved so much, she doesn’t need the DCC to prove anything to anyone nor does she need them to have the experience of a proper year in the NFL. She’ll find her way as she is a talented, smart and beautiful woman.

• Love 8
(edited)

I like that y’all are making the Sydney story as polite as possible. The player was in a ‘serious relationship’ with another woman and now has multiple children with her. Sydney thought she could get him to commit to her if she moved across the country for him. 

Edited by Katmcc
Grammar
  • Useful 11
  • Love 4