Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

They are both good, but I think Tori has those little extras - the pop, the sharp moves

ETA - I assume Tori is trying out again, but will Kristin?  Scott the Weatherman said during the podcast he is scouring social media to see who is retiring, and he wondered about Kristin.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 8

I hope Ashlinn comes back, she is adorable. I think every single rookie will audition for a 2nd season, but it’s no secret that some of them are mediocre and need to go. Specifically the rookies who have danced years and years for other pro teams. Hang it up already. Anything over 4-5 yrs as a pro cheerleader screams “I need this title to feel important in life” Go do something with yourself, like start a real career for crying out loud, you’re a grown up now. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, abracadabra said:

Tori really should! She should have made it over Alora-Rose, probably Sydney, and sad to say maybe even Jada. 

The fact of the matter is that not a lot of past or current cheerleaders could have made the team over:

• Armani Latimer
  • Claire Wolford
  • Dani McGinnis
  • Darian Lassiter
  • Elli DiGiovanni
  • McKenzie Sherman

These girls are all point material.

I would  have chosen Ashlinn and Tori over Alora-Rose and Sydney all day long. I don't dislike Alora and Sydney, but they were not the strongest of the rookies. However, they would have made the team over so many past cheerleaders, like pro-bowl Amy, Team USA Kat etc.

I hope that Ashlinn and Tori re-audition!

Edited by Pau84
typo
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Pau84 said:

The fact of the matter is that not a lot of past or current cheerleaders could have made the team over:

• Armani Latimer
  • Claire Wolford
  • Dani McGinnis
  • Darian Lassiter
  • Elli DiGiovanni
  • McKenzie Sherman

I would  have chosen Ashlinn and Tori over Alora-Rose and Sydney all day long. I don't dislike Alora and Sydney, but they were not the strongest of the rookies. However, they would have made the team over so many past cheerleaders, like pro-bowl Amy, Team USA Kat etc.

Was Darian a strong rookie? In the online clips she is shown to be somewhat off and sluggish? But maybe that was just one game. I also think McKenzie and Dani are great, but they seem like replacement blondes rather than standouts? 

I am betting all the rookies will try out again.  Seems like most vets too except Brianna. 

Kristin is a wild card. I think she's retiring. She spoke out against DCC-MTT but has back peddled a lot and is consistently praising the show and the organization now. Am sure she's had conversations with TPTB. So she might decide for another year, unless she is moving with her boyfriend. Either way she needs to keep those DCC connections for her fitness business too.

I think we'll see a pretty high return rate on everyone else.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Pau84 said:

• Armani Latimer
  • Claire Wolford
  • Dani McGinnis
  • Darian Lassiter
  • Elli DiGiovanni
  • McKenzie Sherman

I would agree that those rookies listed above are some of the better dancers from their class. I think they would’ve made the team no matter what, and rightfully so. However, after watching Darian more, I don’t think she’s point material just yet. She’s a great dancer, but she lacks the type of confidence she’d need to carry the team front and center. She comes across as a little timid, and more of a blender right now. Still a favorite of mine out of these girls though. 

Jada and her amazing legs, will become an issue next season. If she’s cut, it’ll be because they realized this season that her look isn’t mature enough for DCC, but I guarantee you, they will make it about her long legs lagging behind in routines. Alora unfortunately isn’t a fan favorite. You only know she exists on the team because so many people agree that she shouldn’t have made this years squad. Same goes for Sydney. She’s just not memorable in terms of dancing. We know her to exist because of her pro bowl experience, along with the rumors about fraternizing with players. That should be enough for K&J to take another look at both of these girls next season. Believe it or not, what fans want, matters. Unfortunately Sydney, Alora Rose, Jessica, and even Jada aren’t very high on the list of fan favorites this year. On this forum alone, most agree that Tori & Ashlinn were better options. Anyway, just my take on it. It’ll be interesting to see if they try to rebuild their brand next season and actually select girls who will bring light to their reputation; this year they did the opposite and ruined themselves by keeping women who are involved in nasty scandals, and cutting vets for BS reasons. 

• Love 7

It would be super cringe if Kristin didn't retire after all that's happened, between the editing and her boyfriend getting a job for another team in Nola. Like?? Seriously so embarrassing. The backpedaling is already too much. Kristin, plz don't set yourself up to be cut, I'm begging

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Itswhatisaid said:

I hope Ashlinn comes back, she is adorable. I think every single rookie will audition for a 2nd season, but it’s no secret that some of them are mediocre and need to go. Specifically the rookies who have danced years and years for other pro teams. Hang it up already. Anything over 4-5 yrs as a pro cheerleader screams “I need this title to feel important in life” Go do something with yourself, like start a real career for crying out loud, you’re a grown up now. 

I absolutely get your point here, and I think there are some ladies that really need to move the heck on with their lives, already.  And there are some alumni now where I trip on their social media and it's beyond cringey with MLMs, 24/7 filler ads, etc. They don't seem to have a lot going on past their glory days.

But as long as they've got SOMETHING else going on, it doesn't bug me when the good ones stick around.  I have several friends that did pro cheer (NFL and lower tier squads) and most just stuck with it because they loved dancing, it kept them in shape, they liked being part of the game day atmosphere, organized volunteer opportunities, etc.  But they all did it at least 5+ years ago when the influencer life wasn't quite the same as it is now.  

I feel like there are some out there who have leveraged their time as a DCC into something more, whether it be their personal businesses (Sydney with Live Love Gameday, Schram with her gorgeous resin artwork, etc.) or volunteer/humanitarian things like Melissa or Savannah.  You have Sarah I, Michelle Keys, Amy, etc. all with successful dance studios and choreography business.  Contacts made through being a DCC and the experience seem pretty significant there, so if more time on the squad helps with that, hooray!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I absolutely get your point here, and I think there are some ladies that really need to move the heck on with their lives, already.  And there are some alumni now where I trip on their social media and it's beyond cringey with MLMs, 24/7 filler ads, etc. They don't seem to have a lot going on past their glory days.

But as long as they've got SOMETHING else going on, it doesn't bug me when the good ones stick around.  I have several friends that did pro cheer (NFL and lower tier squads) and most just stuck with it because they loved dancing, it kept them in shape, they liked being part of the game day atmosphere, organized volunteer opportunities, etc.  But they all did it at least 5+ years ago when the influencer life wasn't quite the same as it is now.  

I feel like there are some out there who have leveraged their time as a DCC into something more, whether it be their personal businesses (Sydney with Live Love Gameday, Schram with her gorgeous resin artwork, etc.) or volunteer/humanitarian things like Melissa or Savannah.  You have Sarah I, Michelle Keys, Amy, etc. all with successful dance studios and choreography business.  Contacts made through being a DCC and the experience seem pretty significant there, so if more time on the squad helps with that, hooray!

This I can agree with! If it’s going to bring attention to a business venture, sure, stick around.
As for the girls who hang around as DCCs for the sake of gaining a ton of followers on social media because they need to feel relevant, I wish they’d let it go already. I can’t speak for anyone else, but after 4 yrs, I’m tired of seeing the same faces. Give us new girls! That’s just me though. 

• Love 4

Retirement list

Maddie. 5 years is enough.  Time to go and experience life outside the DCC bubble that has occupied her entire adult life including the year she prepared for her comeback.  If she's holding on for Pro Bowl, my bet is her co-point is going to get that one.  

Tess. a great 5 years, awesome kicks.  Time to move on.

Lexie. years on the Mavs and 4 years on DCC time to move on with her adult life.  She made show group and this year a leader so she's done well.  She's married and time to enjoy some nights with hubby instead of practice all the time.

Savannah- years with the jets and then DCC.  She is probably never going further than she's gone.  Great ambassador especially with the military but time to go forward.

Rachel A. Please do not go.  Personally I hope she stays another year and makes the team with her buddy Tori who I believed got robbed this year.  And they give Rachel A a leadership position which she deserved this year.  She would make a great person for appearances to speak.

Rachel W. Please stay.  Hope she makes point again and group leader.  As Melissa and Scott said, everyone loves her.  

Gina-she's already said she's coming back.

Briana- Time to move on.  Her body is clearly aging and slowing down and although she has style and class 3 years DCC and then her time with the Titans time to go.  I know she was injured in the dance off but that was not her best at all.  I truly think trying to hold on in your 30's is just that trying to hold on.  

Kristin.  read the handwriting on the wall move on.  Her posts now backpedaling after her blasting them for comments that I know I have heard worst was not a good look.  

Alanna.  I'm on the fence but her engagement may cause her to leave and I think she's achieved all she can.

Jalyn- I would say she's gotten as far with them as she is going to go and move on.

Alora Rose. please do not come back.  You are Kelli's project and next year will not be as easy.  Please speak to Morgan and Meredith

Kat- either grow up and lose the ditziness because that is not attractive in an adult woman and dance better or leave.

Personally I hope we see 10 or more retirements so we can see girls move up and new girls make their dreams come true.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

I feel like a lot probably rides on what the season will look in terms of who will retire as some may hold on for one more season to be back on the field. If the field isn’t an option, maybe more will retire. 

Hopefully we will have more of an idea of that before it’s time to re-audition! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
59 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Retirement list

Maddie. 5 years is enough.  Time to go and experience life outside the DCC bubble that has occupied her entire adult life including the year she prepared for her comeback.  If she's holding on for Pro Bowl, my bet is her co-point is going to get that one.  

Lexie. years on the Mavs and 4 years on DCC time to move on with her adult life.  She made show group and this year a leader so she's done well.  She's married and time to enjoy some nights with hubby instead of practice all the time.

Savannah- years with the jets and then DCC.  She is probably never going further than she's gone.  Great ambassador especially with the military but time to go forward.

Rachel A. Please do not go.  Personally I hope she stays another year and makes the team with her buddy Tori who I believed got robbed this year.  And they give Rachel A a leadership position which she deserved this year.  She would make a great person for appearances to speak.

Rachel W. Please stay.  Hope she makes point again and group leader.  As Melissa and Scott said, everyone loves her.  

Briana- Time to move on.  Her body is clearly aging and slowing down and although she has style and class 3 years DCC and then her time with the Titans time to go.  I know she was injured in the dance off but that was not her best at all.  I truly think trying to hold on in your 30's is just that trying to hold on.  

Kristin.  read the handwriting on the wall move on.  Her posts now backpedaling after her blasting them for comments that I know I have heard worst was not a good look.  

Alanna.  I'm on the fence but her engagement may cause her to leave and I think she's achieved all she can.

Jalyn- I would say she's gotten as far with them as she is going to go and move on.

Alora Rose. please do not come back.  You are Kelli's project and next year will not be as easy.  Please speak to Morgan and Meredith

Kat- either grow up and lose the ditziness because that is not attractive in an adult woman and dance better or leave.

Personally I hope we see 10 or more retirements so we can see girls move up and new girls make their dreams come true.

Is it wrong to say that I want another HUGE group of rookies again? Like Season 7 and 13? 

Most DCC girls retire after 3 years so we might see a lot of girls from the class of 2018 leave. Also I can see it going both ways where people would want to stay because they missed out on most perks of being a DCC, but also people would want to retire because 2021 might be the same as 2020 and there's no point in staying.

Confirmed girls that I know of to be coming back are Gina, Marissa and Victoria (ok Victoria is not necessarily confirmed but come on)

Girls that I wish would retire are Alora-Rose, Briana, Caroline, Daphne, Erin, Jessica, Kat, Kristin, Maddie, Madeline, Rachel A. Savannah, Sydney, Taylor, and Tess

Girls that I wish wouldn't retire but most likely will are Alanna, Amber, Ashlee, Jalyn, and Lexie.

So if I get my wish (which I won't) there will be 15 spots open....which is one spot less than the rookie class of 2018.

Now in terms of TCC girls that I wish would re-audition are Kelly, Tori, and Ashlinn from Season 15 (Not gonna lie, even though I never really cared for her Tori was robbed) Brett, Madeline S. and Shaina from Season 14 (Madeline S. dance wise is not the best, but I like her nonetheless) I also want Alexandra from Season 14 to come back but the fact that she has tried FIVE TIMES and still hasn't made it is kinda worrisome. Same thing with Celinda from Season 12 And Dayton from Season 13 (I know she doesn't wanna re-audition unless they stop airing the show, but I want her on the same so bad)

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Brett, Madeline S. and Shaina from Season 14 (Madeline S. dance wise is not the best, but I like her nonetheless)

I loved Bret! I hope she auditions againI can’t remember if it was S14 or S13 but I want UCLA Katy to try out again too 

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I also want Alexandra from Season 14 to come back but the fact that she has tried FIVE TIMES and still hasn't made it is kinda worrisome.

She's pregnant:)

16 minutes ago, onthebubble said:

I loved Bret! I hope she auditions againI

She just got married last month

48 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Madeline S. dance wise is not the best, but I like her nonetheless)

She is working at the dance studio owned by Evan Anderson, former DCC, and family.  Her dancing has gained power, but probably won't be on the squad while the other blonde legacy is there

• Useful 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Now in terms of TCC girls that I wish would re-audition are Kelly, Tori, and Ashlinn from Season 15 (Not gonna lie, even though I never really cared for her Tori was robbed) Brett, Madeline S. and Shaina from Season 14 (Madeline S. dance wise is not the best, but I like her nonetheless) I also want Alexandra from Season 14 to come back but the fact that she has tried FIVE TIMES and still hasn't made it is kinda worrisome. Same thing with Celinda from Season 12 And Dayton from Season 13 (I know she doesn't wanna re-audition unless they stop airing the show, but I want her on the same so bad)

Tori, Ashlinn and Madeline S. should have made the team this year.  Heck, Madeline S. should have made the team LAST year (and Training Camp THIS year).  Dayton certainly should have made it on the squad when she was in Training Camp, but neither she nor Madeline S. will EVER make it on the squad, especially as long as Victoria's there.  It was obvious, at least to me, that Kelli seriously did not want Dayton on the team that year (and possibly ever) because she was harder on Dayton then just about everyone there.  Granted, she grew up around the DCC and knew what's what, but so did Victoria and she had everything (but actually making the squad) handed to her and Kelli was actively trying her hardest despite Victoria to make sure she got there.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Confirmed girls that I know of to be coming back are Gina, Marissa and Victoria (ok Victoria is not necessarily confirmed but come on)

Did Lisa confirm too? Read that on another board. Maybe I'm wrong?

Oh and on reddit it says Alora Rose also confirmed?

Edited by Tuxcat
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Lisa told me she is coming back 

Good for her. And you know what? Good for all the vets who decide to come back. I’m sure deciding to retire after this year would be very frustrating.

I’m not quite sure we’re gonna get the mass exodus some think, and for some weird reason I’m perfectly comfortable with that. 🙂

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Lona said:

’m not quite sure we’re gonna get the mass exodus some think

Yeah I think it might be the reverse. The girls want a "real season" to be their last season - maybe. 

Does make you wonder about training camp if so many return. Will we see four more vet cuts...

• Love 9

Wow, 2021 speculation feels so surreal; didn't we just get out of TC?  Ahhh!!  To tell you the truth, I only watched a portion of three episodes the whole 2020 season.  The discussion here is far more engaging and entertaining than the show itself.  Now we're talking '21-22 and it feels like a time warp 😲

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is going to be the season with the highest number of returning vets. No one wants to retire after such a shitty season....

Which also leads me to speculate on the 2021 season of MTT:  If hardly any of the vets leave, there are few rookie spots, which means not much show content unless...there is a massive vet culling which would make for “great” drama and plenty of room for new rookies... ouch... some vets’d better be warned!

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, LilyDutch said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is going to be the season with the highest number of returning vets. No one wants to retire after such a shitty season....

Which also leads me to speculate on the 2021 season of MTT:  If hardly any of the vets leave, there are few rookie spots, which means not much show content unless...there is a massive vet culling which would make for “great” drama and plenty of room for new rookies... ouch... some vets’d better be warned!

From what I’ve heard a handful have made a decsion to retire just haven’t came out on Social media and said it and there are some that are waiting to see what auditions will be like !! But haven’t heard exactly which ones !! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Nobody knows what things will be like by May/June/July/August. The vets need to make their minds up now. If things are done the exact same way as last year, is it worth staying until they get a "normal" season to leave under?

Exactly we might not get to a normal year to next year 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyDutch said:

Especially if things stay very close to as they are now or the lead up to the present regarding Covid and the like.  There's also the possibility that Kelli and Charlotte want the show to go on at least another year to cover the 60th anniversary of the Cowboys.  With that, and Kelli's love of drama for the show (and to satisfy her ego), I will not be surprised if she cuts more vets and is looking to see exactly who's left after everyone's made their decision to stay or leave.  I expect fireworks again next season, but, no matter what Kelli decides about the show and who stays on the squad, I will not be watching.   I'll still come here for the news, but I'll ignore next season (if there IS a next season) just like I ignored the majority of this season.  Didn't buy it, never will.

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

From what I’ve heard a handful have made a decsion to retire just haven’t came out on Social media and said it and there are some that are waiting to see what auditions will be like !! But haven’t heard exactly which ones !! 

I likely won't be surprised at exactly who leaves since they're probably going to be exactly who I suspect they are.  I'm also not surprised to see that some are just waiting to hear what auditions and Training Camp are like.  If it was anything like last year's, then more are going to peace out and retire, not wanting to put themselves through it again (and likely not wanting to be the victim of Kelli's whims to amp up the drama and create space for the new girls).

• Love 8
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Especially if things stay very close to as they are now or the lead up to the present regarding Covid and the like.  There's also the possibility that Kelli and Charlotte want the show to go on at least another year to cover the 60th anniversary of the Cowboys.  With that, and Kelli's love of drama for the show (and to satisfy her ego), I will not be surprised if she cuts more vets and is looking to see exactly who's left after everyone's made their decision to stay or leave.  I expect fireworks again next season, but, no matter what Kelli decides about the show and who stays on the squad, I will not be watching.   I'll still come here for the news, but I'll ignore next season (if there IS a next season) just like I ignored the majority of this season.  Didn't buy it, never will.

Watching from an 'outsiders' perspective (as in not in the US) it seems like the US is in a bit of a shambles in terms of covid. Is there any kind of restrictions there? Or are people just doing what they want and not worrying about the consequences? In a lot of ways Australia is getting back to some sense of normality and the majorirty of us are living a semi normal life. If the US stays like it is I can't see them doing a normal audition / training camp process.

In a lot of ways I liked the 2 week 'faux bubble' they had this year and I wouldn't mind if they had the same next year. 

As for retirees I think a lot wont retire. I know shes not, but I wish Gina would. She annoys like the living heck out of me.

• Love 5
On 27-1-2021 at 11:40 PM, Lexusprincess said:

Retirement list

Agree with most of these except for Rachel W. She's definitely not loved by all and, though truly gorgeous, not the most magical dancer. Good, but not breathtaking like some others on the team. And her speaking isn't great either. And her opinions... but that's of course personal and YMMV

• Love 20
15 hours ago, onthebubble said:

Watching from an 'outsiders' perspective (as in not in the US) it seems like the US is in a bit of a shambles in terms of covid. Is there any kind of restrictions there? Or are people just doing what they want and not worrying about the consequences?

It's very different region to region and even person to person. Restrictions in place for some areas - followed by some - flatly ignored by others.

8 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Agree with most of these except for Rachel W. She's definitely not loved by all and, though truly gorgeous, not the most magical dancer. Good, but not breathtaking like some others on the team. And her speaking isn't great either. And her opinions... but that's of course personal and YMMV

Agree. She's beautiful in a doll like way but I still feel like she is expressionless in the DCC style. Others have said she has a vacant look that I agree with. So not particularly fun and dynamic. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

From everything I've heard, she is a definite locker room favorite.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Scott the Weatherman said she had a heart of gold

I'm sure she's nice. She doesn't present as 'mean girl," though she seems to hold some ideology that excludes entire groups of people. I do wonder how it is that "Scott the weatherman" actually knows her heart though. How often is he around these girls?

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, ByTor said:

From everything I've heard, she is a definite locker room favorite.

Now I'm intrigued....last time I checked, the girls pick who goes to Pro Bowl? If that's the case and let's say next year there is a Pro Bowl...If Maddie decides to come back, would Rachel W. be picked over her?

Again this is a what if scenario. I'm just making assumptions. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Now I'm intrigued....last time I checked, the girls pick who goes to Pro Bowl? If that's the case and let's say next year there is a Pro Bowl...If Maddie decides to come back, would Rachel W. be picked over her?

Also, of course, assuming the scuttlebutt is correct about the girls loving Rachel 😄 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

10 hours ago, ByTor said:

Also, of course, assuming the scuttlebutt is correct about the girls loving Rachel 😄 

If Rachel W makes it 5 years as a DCC (I assume she will- she seems to love it and at the very least she's one of the favorites of Kelly and Judy), without getting selected to the Pro Bowl then we'll know for sure that PBC is selected by the team.

Maybe her teammates would vote her in anyways but if Kelly and Judy have any sort of final/unofficial say then there's  no way she's not going.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

If Rachel W makes it 5 years as a DCC (I assume she will- she seems to love it and at the very least she's one of the favorites of Kelly and Judy), without getting selected to the Pro Bowl then we'll know for sure that PBC is selected by the team.

Maybe her teammates would vote her in anyways but if Kelly and Judy have any sort of final/unofficial say then there's  no way she's not going.

I'd say Pro Bowl is one thing they leave entirely up to the girls (or mostly) unless the girl they choose is entirely unsuitable and that's rarely the case (and I don't think it's ever happened that they sent someone entirely unsuitable to the Pro Bowl).  Cassie never got Pro Bowl despite Judy being her mother.  I think the only girl currently on the squad that Kelli would be willing to override the girls on for Pro Bowl would be Victoria.  Besides that, Kell's not going to be willing to through away likely the only chance she's going to get to override the girls on someone like Rachel W. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, Trixi said:

don’t care for the backwards glance over the shoulder pose at all. Its worse than the arms tossed over the head ones. 

Personally, I think that the arms over the head is the worst. Especially with those huge puffy sleeves. I must admit I quite like the cheeky over the shoulder look, though perhaps not the most suitable cameo/profile picture.

• Love 11
Just now, Bigorangecatmom said:

I hope that CiCi, Jalyn, and Savannah retire. They are under-utilized and under-appreciated by TPTB, and I don't want to see them get treated like Brennan. 

Cici always looks like she is having fun, and stands out because of her hair. And I will fight anyone who makes a comment about her weight! 

Jalyn should have been a serious candidate for point. She is one of the strongest dancers on the team. Jalyn teaches a lot of fitness classes, and I hope that she goes on to a more lucrative career.  

It is tragic that Savannah never went on a USO trip. She would have been a wonderful representative (Obviously, I don't believe that Show Group is "the best of the best" given that these three were overlooked). 

Savannah went on a USO tour before Christmas 2017.  They took some non SG members.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6