Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

My retirement guesses: Tess, Lexie, Sav, Jalyn, Briana, Kristin. I'm on the fence about Lexie but I think she's one who will know when it's her time, and if it's not a normal season again, she may decide that's what time it is. Not sure if I see them retiring or just getting cut, but Alora-Rose and Jessica strike me as one-and-dones too. Anyone else?

5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

for a particular reason?

You never know with Kelli.  They may be filming videos for IG that she wants to release one at a time, or, she may do a podcast again and feature the retiring girls as guests.

Which is still better than featuring Haley in "Keeping Up with the Jones"

• Love 5

In the comments on a DCC Insta post today asking “who fans are excited to see audition” it looks like a Kennedy Stanley and Riley Berger may be trying out. I know nothing about either though! There may/may not be other nuggets in there, I didn’t look thoroughly.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

In the comments on a DCC Insta post today asking “who fans are excited to see audition” it looks like a Kennedy Stanley and Riley Berger may be trying out. I know nothing about either though! There may/may not be other nuggets in there, I didn’t look thoroughly.

Yeah this is a great way to see some newbies who plan to tryout. I saw user @maceytjordan mentioned and she had the DCC look

• Love 1
On 3/30/2021 at 11:25 AM, mizzhyer said:

I'm not impressed by any of the rookies to be honest.   i was all about Claire and Jada early on but they have proven to be lackluster.  Marissa is so plain compared to some of the others but she at least has energy.  Sydney is the one who looks the closest to an angry man, in my opinion.  

I’m not impressed with much of anyone on the entire team.  Not the Team of years past sadly. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, forumborum said:

I’m not impressed with much of anyone on the entire team.  Not the Team of years past sadly. 

I feel the same way. I don't have a favorite. No one to root for. Last year did me in. I'm still interested enough to follow along, but no longer a fan.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I saw that Taylor J got engaged yesterday. I wonder if she will be retiring this year? 

She's been to almost every one of Jenn A's prep classes so I doubt it, but maybe this changes her plan? Hard to say.

• Love 1
On 4/2/2021 at 5:58 AM, Rut14 said:

Yeah this is a great way to see some newbies who plan to tryout. I saw user @maceytjordan mentioned and she had the DCC look

Annelyse Munroe also mentioned several times and has gone to prep classes, it looks like. and Katelyn Pittman, although she has no recent dance videos, made round 2 last year

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I saw that Taylor J got engaged yesterday. I wonder if she will be retiring this year? 

No I have asked her and she said she was re auditioning 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 4/2/2021 at 4:58 AM, Rut14 said:

@Rut14 - the girl you mentioned Macey Jordan went to Rutgers too.  Happen to know her?   

59 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

@Rut14 - the girl you mentioned Macey Jordan went to Rutgers too.  Happen to know her?   

I didn’t go to Rutgers my name is Ruth😂

• LOL 5
On 4/2/2021 at 5:58 AM, Rut14 said:

she looks like an older version of  Marissa... if I'm looking at the right account.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

she looks like an older version of  Marissa... if I'm looking at the right account.  

I agree! She also reminded me of McKenzie and KaShara a little bit too

• Useful 1

So what has Kelli held over their collective heads to keep them from announcing retirements? There is no way they are all going to come back after watching 4 vets get cut last year in camp.  A few hmmmm..........Briana and Kristin should be thinking they almost got cut last year so now is a good time and our 5th years well there is more to life than dancing and Maddie has had surgery.  and no way that all of the rest of them need to come back.  There are a few that should spread their wings and join the real world.  

Sigh...........I love when the girls announce it themselves.  Give me a nice arrangement of photos, post some nice things about your DCC sisters and say goodbye.  Most of us will post wonderful well wishes and they can move on.  

Bored.  Want someone to spill tea

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

No topic yet, so...  Has anyone heard about new candidates auditioning this year, who is returning from last year’s  squad?  Does anyone know if cheerleaders will return to the field?  Details please (?)

There is a topic for auditions

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

No news if they are being allowed on the field nfl and nflpa hasn’t said yet 

I’m still a little shocked that the Rangers filled to capacity for opening day. I imagine NFL will let cheerleaders on the field since it’s a few months from now. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I’m still a little shocked that the Rangers filled to capacity for opening day. I imagine NFL will let cheerleaders on the field since it’s a few months from now. 

They just did it for the one game I went to last nights game and it wasn’t full and I had a whole section to myself me and my friend 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

So what has Kelli held over their collective heads to keep them from announcing retirements? There is no way they are all going to come back after watching 4 vets get cut last year in camp.  A few hmmmm..........Briana and Kristin should be thinking they almost got cut last year so now is a good time and our 5th years well there is more to life than dancing and Maddie has had surgery.  and no way that all of the rest of them need to come back.  There are a few that should spread their wings and join the real world.  

Sigh...........I love when the girls announce it themselves.  Give me a nice arrangement of photos, post some nice things about your DCC sisters and say goodbye.  Most of us will post wonderful well wishes and they can move on.  

YES!!! I get that many vets probably want to know how this season will be structured, but seriously .... not ONE retirement yet? NOT EVEN ONE????? It's starting to weird me out lol. 

I miss the personal announcements as well.

It would help many (or maybe just me lol) put this clusterf*** of a season in the rearview mirror if we could get some retirement news. 

10 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

Bored.  Want someone to spill tea

To be honest the vet cuts and behind-the-scenes/off-season drama just killed most of the excitement for me. The lack of retirement news is slowly finishing off what little remains for me.

• Love 9

This girl appears to be auditioning, asked some questions on the insta post dcc put up about questions around auditions.

Appears she auditioned last year as well.

Screenshot_20210408-193249_Instagram.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/7/2021 at 12:39 PM, Rut14 said:

I agree! She also reminded me of McKenzie and KaShara a little bit too

I feel like she looks a bit like an Olsen twin!  If she is going to nursing school in Philly in the fall, why would she go to Dallas?

16 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Looks like semis won't be in person this year either.

So possibly looking at a finals/TC like last year 

Screenshot_20210408-193725_Instagram.jpg

Finals is June 14-16 at the stadium 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm actually kinda surprised by this. Texas has been "open" for good or for ill for at least a month now, so I can't imagine that changing as we get towards summer. It seems like the Cowboys would want to take advantage of that.

Or have they realized that spending an entire day in front of a camera watching 500 girls to pick like 100 isn't the best use of everyone's time?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I'm actually kinda surprised by this. Texas has been "open" for good or for ill for at least a month now, so I can't imagine that changing as we get towards summer. It seems like the Cowboys would want to take advantage of that.

Or have they realized that spending an entire day in front of a camera watching 500 girls to pick like 100 isn't the best use of everyone's time?

It's probably easier to plan to do what you know you can do, then to wait to see what they will be allowed to do

Not only that, but you know Kelli loves bragging that over 1500 girls tried out last year virtually.  In person, it's been how many for the last few years?

• Love 5
(edited)
On 3/30/2021 at 4:05 AM, DCC-UK said:

Anyone spot that Caroline has moved to Austin? Could she be retiring?

If you read the comments underneath that Instagram post you will see she was just visiting Austin. I’m kind of hoping we get to see the Sunvold sisters both on the field this year. Or eventually! 

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, itsweird said:

I feel like she looks a bit like an Olsen twin!  If she is going to nursing school in Philly in the fall, why would she go to Dallas?

Probably a back up plan for if she doesn’t make it. Not sure, but she’s commented on a few posts about auditioning!

2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

How many pairs of sisters have been on the team? They've had the Bakers, Trevinos and Torres'. 

If the Ultimate Cheerleaders site is correct:

The Scholz sisters - Sheri, Suzette, Stephanie - they wrote a book about their experiences.  Spilled some tea in the process

Carrie and Sherie O'Brien - Sherie was one of the original Magnificent Seven

Candy and Deborah Lee Causey

Libbie and Pamela Jagger

Kelli and Niki Green

Stacy Smith Page and Tracy Smith

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 4/7/2021 at 10:00 PM, DanceDance101 said:

Highly highly HIGHLY doubt it after the way she went out. Wouldn't be surprised if they had some type of reunion thing planned. 

Yup. Hannah is in Texas and went to prep class. But I think she's just there visiting because she missed dance and her friends. Or maybe she'd try out just for fun. But she's got to know that her chances of making the team again would be essentially less than zero - sadly.

• Love 4

This post reminds me that I am really confused at how people use the term "humbled."  I understand that she's excited, but how is one humbled to try out?  For example, it would make sense in the context of perhaps humbled by the faith her family is showing her by paying for all of her expenses while she takes time out to attend prep classes/fly to Dallas/etc."  Or  "humbled to make the squad in the midst of so many other talented women" would also make sense to me.

But maybe I don't understand what humbled means in this context, so looked it up and it makes sense!  Hooray!  

having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's own importance.

So I answered my own question...she's saying she's excited and has modest expectations of her try out.

Anyway, I went through a journey and figured I would post for others like me who might have lumped "humbled" in the category of overused words like "blessed," "highly favored," "God's plan" when it comes to things like cheerleader tryouts.  

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, kalibean said:

This post reminds me that I am really confused at how people use the term "humbled."  I understand that she's excited, but how is one humbled to try out?  For example, it would make sense in the context of perhaps humbled by the faith her family is showing her by paying for all of her expenses while she takes time out to attend prep classes/fly to Dallas/etc."  Or  "humbled to make the squad in the midst of so many other talented women" would also make sense to me.

lol that reminds me of how in the first episodes of each season so many girls are like 'i'm honored to be here' when it's like...isn't it an open call at that point? lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, DCCland said:

When are preliminaries? And I wish they come on with the retirement announcements already all of the secrecty behind it is annoying 

Semi and prelims are online again finals in June in person at the stadium auditions start may 2nd