Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

I can't remember her name, but there was a girl who dropped out of TC this last year for COVID-related reasons and would supposedly get a pass this year. Does anyone know how that's going to work? Does she go straight into TC? Join the vets at finals? (Also her name, because I cannot for the life of me remember.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, DCCFan2021 said:

I can't remember her name, but there was a girl who dropped out of TC this last year for COVID-related reasons and would supposedly get a pass this year. Does anyone know how that's going to work? Does she go straight into TC? Join the vets at finals? (Also her name, because I cannot for the life of me remember.)

Her name is jaycie 

• Love 4

Anyone else disappointed there has been no retirement announcements?  Usually they have started by now.  I like the influx of new rookies and girls getting to move up the triangle, make show group, etc..  And wholeheartedly believe that there is life after DCC and a few "older" vets ( years on the team and years in life) need to experience real life.  Has Kelli not had a time to move on speech with a few?  you know she must such as Mandy quitting over the discussion on her weight.   

I so hope they have a regular training camp.  Make everyone vaccinated.  For a few rookies (I'm looking at you Alora Rose if you make it past finals) trying to learn a new dance every night would be fun to watch.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Anyone else disappointed there has been no retirement announcements?  Usually they have started by now.  I like the influx of new rookies and girls getting to move up the triangle, make show group, etc..  And wholeheartedly believe that there is life after DCC and a few "older" vets ( years on the team and years in life) need to experience real life.  Has Kelli not had a time to move on speech with a few?  you know she must such as Mandy quitting over the discussion on her weight.   

I so hope they have a regular training camp.  Make everyone vaccinated.  For a few rookies (I'm looking at you Alora Rose if you make it past finals) trying to learn a new dance every night would be fun to watch.

The girls are waiting to see how training camp will be done and final auditions as well as field or not field this season 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

still kinda weird no one has decided “yeah i should probably move on” regardless of what TC is gonna be like 

So far it’s all quiet I’m sure they have to make the final choice next month regardless !! It’s crazy bc like the whole field not on the field came from the nfl so if they are waiting on that the nfl changes so much every day on stuff 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

still kinda weird no one has decided “yeah i should probably move on” regardless of what TC is gonna be like 

Unless Kelli put a gag order on them.  You know how she loves the drama of it all

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, DCCOracle said:

@Holly85 - does it all boil down to a bubble = mass retirement and no bubble does not?

Pretty much!! The only reason for the bubble was bc 1 the girls weren’t essential so they couldn’t be in the star !! 2 no film crew was allowed in !! They didn’t even allow in person media for post game interviews 

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

2nd question: Do we think they'll actually go back to the stadium or will Kelli want another bubble just for TV drama?

I’m pretty sure they will use the stadium and the studio!!! They have been doing technique Tuesday classes in small groups

• Love 4
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Which seems to indicate that the majority will likely stay and re-audition if things are more "normal???" To me that's somewhat surprising since I thought a few were definitely going to retire - Brianna, Lexie, Kristin...

Since capacity limits will be the last to lift much of the dance world remains closed though lots of  modifications dance/performances are opening. But still a lot of talent out there looking for exposure.  Gotta wonder if so many DCC return, and so much talent is still out there -- will that mean another veteran blood bath?

I don't have a horse in the game. I was mad the way it was done last year - amidst all that 2020 brought us. I still don't agree with it. But if they want to cut a bunch of vets this year - be my guest.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Which seems to indicate that the majority will likely stay and re-audition if things are more "normal???" To me that's somewhat surprising since I thought a few were definitely going to retire - Brianna, Lexie, Kristin...

Since capacity limits will be the last to lift much of the dance world remains closed though lots of  modifications dance/performances are opening. But still a lot of talent out there looking for exposure.  Gotta wonder if so many DCC return, and so much talent is still out there -- will that mean another veteran blood bath?

I don't have a horse in the game. I was mad the way it was done last year - amidst all that 2020 brought us. I still don't agree with it. But if they want to cut a bunch of vets this year - be my guest.

The capacity limit would be something Jerry jones and Charlotte will decide since now capacity limits and all Heath protocols are now in the hands of each business here in Texas 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

The capacity limit would be something Jerry jones and Charlotte will decide since now capacity limits and all Heath protocols are now in the hands of each business here in Texas 

And if they do have a "normal" TC, then CMT will have to bring MTT back so Kelli can go on about how difficult this last year was for her.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

oh sorry I wasn't clear. I meant the capacity limit in auditoriums - so a lot of the dance world is still somewhat closed.

• Love 2

I agree (and am hopeful) that they will keep some of the aspects of this years TC.  Others I wonder about.  I honestly think even Kelli wasn't TOTALLY comfortable with last minute vet cuts (I am ducking because some of y'all are throwing things) although we all agree she loved the drama.  But they've said over and over in other years that if a vet needs to go, it needs to be early.  I hope that they structure it so that vets can be seen and evaluated early and never make it to TC if they are cut.   I do think they will never totally eliminate it though.  I mean if it had been a normal year, would Kat and Meredith have made it?  They both sucked up front and one turned it around and one didn't.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Opine said:

I agree (and am hopeful) that they will keep some of the aspects of this years TC.  Others I wonder about.  I honestly think even Kelli wasn't TOTALLY comfortable with last minute vet cuts (I am ducking because some of y'all are throwing things) although we all agree she loved the drama.  But they've said over and over in other years that if a vet needs to go, it needs to be early.  I hope that they structure it so that vets can be seen and evaluated early and never make it to TC if they are cut.   I do think they will never totally eliminate it though.  I mean if it had been a normal year, would Kat and Meredith have made it?  They both sucked up front and one turned it around and one didn't.

Agreed! Last year was weird since there wasn't any "finals," and Meredith would have most likely been cut then. Possibly Lily and Kat too depending on their solos. If they have a proper finals this year, then handle the vet cuts early and then only cut a vet in TC if absolutely necessary (like a Jenna/Holly situation).

• Love 9
5 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Agreed! Last year was weird since there wasn't any "finals," and Meredith would have most likely been cut then. Possibly Lily and Kat too depending on their solos. If they have a proper finals this year, then handle the vet cuts early and then only cut a vet in TC if absolutely necessary (like a Jenna/Holly situation).

Meredith would absolutely have been cut in Finals.  Lily would likely have been cut as well.  Kat seems to be too well liked by TPTB to be cut unless she does something to bring attention to herself in such a way that it can't be explained as a "She's just a pretty brainless girl who had a moment of stupidity" (like the Holly/Jenna situation).  I agree with cutting the veterans ONLY in Finals unless it was something like Jenna/Holly/Kaitlin Legrand or something similar.  Otherwise, keep the girl on the squad because it's only for DRAH-MAH in pretty much any other situation. 

• Love 9

No doubt that Meredith would have been cut at finals and probably Lily and Kat if we had a normal finals last year.  .  Not a popular opinion but I think Brennan and even Hannah could have been cut in a normal finals last year.  Brennan’s solo was blah to me and her solo outfit looked like she used an old practice outfit.  The hours of dancing would have done her in 

• Love 2
On 3/19/2021 at 5:16 PM, Holly85 said:

While this may be the case, the NFL may set their own rules which will override thus. 

The Jones may not have any say as to if the girls can train in the stadium, be on the grass, or at the Star during team training camp. The NFL will set the guidelines for that, and if it's anything like last year the fines for misbehaving will likely be massive.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Jesiklyn said:

While this may be the case, the NFL may set their own rules which will override thus. 

The Jones may not have any say as to if the girls can train in the stadium, be on the grass, or at the Star during team training camp. The NFL will set the guidelines for that, and if it's anything like last year the fines for misbehaving will likely be massive.

The girls have already been back into the star !! They have been doing technique classes !!!  It wasn’t the nfl that kept them out of the star last season 

• Love 2
On 3/6/2021 at 9:24 PM, Holly85 said:

First round of virtual Auditions is set may 2nd-15th 

Why are they doing virtual?  I thought Texas was opened back up fully now, with no restrictions.  Maybe they will do the finals in person and bring back the interviews.  I liked that part. 

Edited by MssdDrms
19 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

Why are they doing virtual?  I thought Texas was opened back up fully now, with no restrictions.  Maybe they will do the finals in person and bring back the interviews.  I liked that part. 

Kelli liked having all those ladies apply !! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The girls have already been back into the star !! They have been doing technique classes !!!  It wasn’t the nfl that kept them out of the star last season 

Yes but because the Cowboys training camp was there last year they weren't allowed on site, as it was part of the team bubble. This could easily happen again if the Teams training camp is at the Star rather than being mostly in Oxnard. The NFL will set strick guidelines around the camps.

If that's the case it's likely the girls won't be allowed their training camp at the Star and could he forced to a Hotel again or another dance studio somewhere.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Yes but because the Cowboys training camp was there last year they weren't allowed on site, as it was part of the team bubble. This could easily happen again if the Teams training camp is at the Star rather than being mostly in Oxnard. The NFL will set strick guidelines around the camps.

If that's the case it's likely the girls won't be allowed their training camp at the Star and could he forced to a Hotel again or another dance studio somewhere.

The girls couldn’t be in there bc they are non essential and wasn’t part of there opening phase !! And tbe guys teams didn’t bubble up past mini camp 

Edited by Holly85

I bet Ashlee will be in the second row next year. She's not point material but sure deserves to be in the front triangle. (She'll also be the most senior WOC since Briana may not come back)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

When did maddie have knee surgery?  Does that mean she is retiring as someone on reddit indicated.  If so, why doesn't she just go ahead and announce it.

February 

• Love 2
On 3/10/2021 at 5:30 AM, Sara 1 said:

Hey everyone! I wasn't too sure where to post my thought, but I thought here was the best place.

Fromm looking at their Instagram posts, I think Jalyn and Kristin may be retiring. I think this because Lexie's recent posts were about the highlights of her years as a DCC, and I'm beginning to see Jalyn and Kristin do the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUPG_Eszh7/ Lexie's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMK6dvlsnAG/ Jalyn's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAQXtvM_Mx/ Kristin's recent post 

I don't know for sure, but these are just some thought I had. Have a good day! 🙂

Looks like it to me. A lot of audition and rookie memories.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

When did maddie have knee surgery?  Does that mean she is retiring as someone on reddit indicated.  If so, why doesn't she just go ahead and announce it.

I hope she's retiring but she might not. She may want to finish out her DCC years with a proper football season where she gets to dance on the field (and maybe have a chance at ProBowl too). If I remember correctly, Cassie's surgery was in the February/March region too, right? She managed another year after that, although she clearly struggled throughout the season, so that shows that her injury and surgery don't guarantee a retirement. For her sake though, I feel like she should retire so she doesn't do any permanent damage.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2021 at 6:11 PM, EricaShadows said:

Meredith would absolutely have been cut in Finals.  Lily would likely have been cut as well.  Kat seems to be too well liked by TPTB to be cut unless she does something to bring attention to herself in such a way that it can't be explained as a "She's just a pretty brainless girl who had a moment of stupidity" (like the Holly/Jenna situation).  I agree with cutting the veterans ONLY in Finals unless it was something like Jenna/Holly/Kaitlin Legrand or something similar.  Otherwise, keep the girl on the squad because it's only for DRAH-MAH in pretty much any other situation. 

I agree and particularly agree about Kat.  What is so great about this girl that TPTB let her slide?  She can't dance, is borderline chubby, and all her goofy facial expressions and gestures are really annoying.  Charlotte called her Beyonce, but clearly that is in FULL makeup, lashes, and wig --  honestly did anyone see that one shot of her talking this season with no makeup on and hair messy  (not sure but may have been Episode 6, 7, or 8)?  She looked scary.  I didn't even recognize her at first.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Kamal said:

I bet Ashlee will be in the second row next year. She's not point material but sure deserves to be in the front triangle. (She'll also be the most senior WOC since Briana may not come back)

I like Ashlee too. and hope she gets second row too  She was awesome in Charm routine at Show Group auditions.  She was dancing like she was in a hip hop video and next to her poor Meredith really stuck out. I wonder if Meredith might have squeaked by if she didn't have to dance next to Ashlee.  

On 3/20/2021 at 9:25 AM, MssdDrms said:

Because I heard almost all venues and organizations are requiring masks anyway for safety

• Love 5
On 3/3/2021 at 1:46 PM, Jennv said:

Honestly Marissa reminds me a lot of Amy looks wise. The best I can say is "cute", neither is a stunning beauty by any stretch of the imagination. 

Yes, but Marissa has a cute and bubbly personality that goes with her cute cheerleader looks -- and she is MUCH prettier, IMO than Brennan or Hannah, both of whom look like angry men -- and Claire.  I haven't been keeping track -- is Claire a fan favorite?  I will say that when they did that short bio of Claire with her parents talking and such, the older pics of her from college when she was blonde and thinner were really pretty so I hope she returns to blonde and also loses some of that weight in her face and body. She was much thinner in her college pics which apparently were only a year or two ago.  She looks to me to be the same size as those vets that Kelli meanly cut a few  years ago for being too heavy. I don't really understand the fascination with Claire - from Judy announcing "Claire is captivating -- all eyes were on her" to Travis calling her a "shooting star" to Charlotte saying "Oh my, that was gorgeous."  I am really baffled.  She seems like a sweet girl but is no better than McKenzie or Marissa  in dancing ability or power IMHO but looks a lot more plain than either one of them.   Maybe Kelli and Judy like her a little more because she doesn't seem spoiled or entitled?  But still. . . 

• Love 1
On 3/18/2021 at 7:01 PM, vanillagum said:

I agree and am always surprised anyone would want to be on the squad for more than 3 years. Even if they don't want to leave the "glory days," they can still get a LOT of attention (whether for dancing jobs or marriage proposals or just admiration) by being former DCCs.  The grueling schedule and the politics would seem to be hard to take for 4+ years.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Leila2 said:

I don't really understand the fascination with Claire - from Judy announcing "Claire is captivating -- all eyes were on her" to Travis calling her a "shooting star" to Charlotte saying "Oh my, that was gorgeous."  I am really baffled. 

I am also baffled 🤷‍♀️

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Leila2 said:

Marissa has a cute and bubbly personality that goes with her cute cheerleader looks -- and she is MUCH prettier, IMO than Brennan or Hannah, both of whom look like angry men -- and Claire.  I

Angry men? Uh no no. 

I only say saw the last few episodes of season 15, but I wasn't impressed with Claire's looks. Idk about her dancing though.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Leila2 said:

Yes, but Marissa has a cute and bubbly personality that goes with her cute cheerleader looks -- and she is MUCH prettier, IMO than Brennan or Hannah, both of whom look like angry men -- and Claire.  I haven't been keeping track -- is Claire a fan favorite?  I will say that when they did that short bio of Claire with her parents talking and such, the older pics of her from college when she was blonde and thinner were really pretty so I hope she returns to blonde and also loses some of that weight in her face and body. She was much thinner in her college pics which apparently were only a year or two ago.  She looks to me to be the same size as those vets that Kelli meanly cut a few  years ago for being too heavy. I don't really understand the fascination with Claire - from Judy announcing "Claire is captivating -- all eyes were on her" to Travis calling her a "shooting star" to Charlotte saying "Oh my, that was gorgeous."  I am really baffled.  She seems like a sweet girl but is no better than McKenzie or Marissa  in dancing ability or power IMHO but looks a lot more plain than either one of them.   Maybe Kelli and Judy like her a little more because she doesn't seem spoiled or entitled?  But still. . . 

Angry men?  Are we looking at the same Hannah and Brennan?  On her worst days at a bad angle and through beer goggles, Hannah MAY approach masculine, but she still looks feminine at all other times.  Harsh at times, maybe, but not truly masculine.  Brennan has always looked soft and feminine, though neither she nor Hannah are the most photogenic on the squad.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Angry men?  Are we looking at the same Hannah and Brennan?  On her worst days at a bad angle and through beer goggles, Hannah MAY approach masculine, but she still looks feminine at all other times.  Harsh at times, maybe, but not truly masculine.  Brennan has always looked soft and feminine, though neither she nor Hannah are the most photogenic on the squad.

I mean all subjective but I think LILY always looked feminine -- Brennan -- too cross eyed and scow-ly.  But you are definitely entitled to your opinion!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Leila2 said:

Charlotte called her Beyonce, but clearly that is in FULL makeup, lashes, and wig --  honestly did anyone see that one shot of her talking this season with no makeup on and hair messy  (not sure but may have been Episode 6, 7, or 8)?  She looked scary.  I didn't even recognize her at first.

ok i’m so glad someone else said this because i’ve always been thinking it but didn’t want to be nasty. she is shockingly different without makeup, holy crap. like a completely different person. she’s the definition of smoke and mirrors but i guess since they wear so much makeup it’s fine...

i saw her do some makeup tutorial or something on insta last year and was shook 

14 hours ago, Leila2 said:

I like Ashlee too. and hope

ugh i love ashlee, my fave 

Edited by vanillagum
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Leila2 said:

She was much thinner in her college pics which apparently were only a year or two ago.  She looks to me to be the same size as those vets that Kelli meanly cut a few  years ago for being too heavy.

I actually love Claire’s figure (not a fan of her tho) but I agree, it’s completely shocking that she made the team. Same with Sydney. Kelli has always been hellbent on everyone being a twig so “lowering” her standards this year was weird. I’m all for body diversity (aka not everyone being a size 0) but the random, sudden inconsistency is bizarre. Not complaining, just odd. Makes me feel bad for previous weight cuts 

Claire seemed to be a good dancer but she always looked half asleep or something

They were OBSESSED with her this season 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I actually love Claire’s figure (not a fan of her tho) but I agree, it’s completely shocking that she made the team. Same with Sydney. Kelli has always been hellbent on everyone being a twig so “lowering” her standards this year was weird. I’m all for body diversity (aka not everyone being a size 0) but the random, sudden inconsistency is bizarre. Not complaining, just odd. Makes me feel bad for previous weight cuts 

Claire seemed to be a good dancer but she always looked half asleep or something

They were OBSESSED with her this season 

Yes, I completely agree -- she DOES look half asleep - that's it exactly.  They really were into her.  Weird. . . 

3 hours ago, Leila2 said:

Yes, I completely agree -- she DOES look half asleep - that's it exactly.  They really were into her.  Weird. . . 

I think it's because she has smaller eyes and the dark makeup doesn't help her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Leila2 said:

I agree about Claire . I remember Kelli didn’t like that Kristen had sleepy eyes during her first training camp lol 

• Love 1
On 3/3/2021 at 3:54 PM, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Personally I can’t stand Marissa and don’t understand the huge hype surrounding her. Major ambassador risk. The interview she did recently was all organised and sorted via her mother. Someone who didn’t want to be named messaged me giving me some of the tea. Marissa is not loved by all at home or in her local community I can see Tina getting miffed if Marissa starts getting more spotlight than Victoria.

really hoping CiCi, Savannah and Daphne don’t retire this year, I definitely don’t want Kelcey or Amanda to retire for a good few years

id love to see Gina and Rachel W retire although I know Gina isn’t. 

Have to agree to disagree about wanting Gina to retire ~ one of my very favorites !!   On the fence about Rachel W.....I certainly don't think her dancing skills are point material. (Doubting that had anything to do with that one issue anyway)

• Love 4

ON 3/3/2021 AT 4:54 PM, MANC.UK.DCCFAN SAID:

Personally I can’t stand Marissa and don’t understand the huge hype surrounding her. Major ambassador risk. The interview she did recently was all organised and sorted via her mother. Someone who didn’t want to be named messaged me giving me some of the tea. Marissa is not loved by all at home or in her local community I can see Tina getting miffed if Marissa starts getting more spotlight than Victoria.

Ooh, what's the tea about Marissa, the  lack of love for her in her hometown,  and her mom making her an ambassador risk ?  I didn't quite understand but it sounds interesting. . . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, KoKo said:

Have to agree to disagree about wanting Gina to retire ~ one of my very favorites !!   On the fence about Rachel W.....I certainly don't think her dancing skills are point material. (Doubting that had anything to do with that one issue anyway)

Gina has just posted her new BF on insta and looks like he's based in California. Could this mean she is done being a DCC 🤔 

• Useful 2
Just now, Jesiklyn said:

Gina has just posted her new BF on insta and looks like he's based in California. Could this mean she is done being a DCC 🤔 

I talked to Gina she is coming back for another year 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I like Claire's dancing and her shape. However I thought her facial expressions could use some work. 
She always looked like she had a wad of gum in her mouth.

Re: Hannah and Brennan. Agree not the most photogenic in terms of game day film - though some of their swimsuit shots were phenomenal. Hannah had the potential to do some top model portrait work. She's really a chameleon and always looks different depending on her hair/outfit/makeup/setting/smile/...

• Love 6

Does anyone know how tryouts will be this year? Is it all virtual until TC or do we think there will be in person finals? I wonder how they will go about it considering girls would have to travel from far away to get down to the final round. Thoughts?