Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

On 2/10/2021 at 4:30 PM, hypeman said:

Oh my. That was the worst halftime show EVER.  ALL OF IT WAS TERRIBLE.  That choreography was so simple, I could have done it.

I should rewatch it, to be sure it was as bad as I remember, but I just can't bear it.

I think they have to make it simple when there are so many people.  When I was a dancer in 88 I was selected as a Texas All Star Dancer and went to a camp and learned a dance from Scott Grossman who ended up choreographing the 88 Superbowl Halftime show.  It was to Good Love and super cheesetastic (80's style of course) lol.  Very simple dance...When I was a Strutter at Texas State we had over 100 girls on the team and  the dances where way simple and repetitive.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

The choreography for the dancers on the field during the Super Bowl halftime show is always very simple. They want a large number of people to participate so that the field is full but it's an unpaid gig (or at least it was when the Super Bowl was in my hometown) which weeds out a lot of people, so you're stuck taking people who are not great dancers and have the luxury of being able to attend a bunch of rehearsals for free aka probably don't have jobs (a lot of college kids). You don't even get to watch the game at the stadium. When the Super Bowl happened in my city, they told us that we would meet off site, get put on a bus, led onto the field to perform, and then get put back on a bus immediately. After I got all that preliminary information, I was like yeah, no thanks. I'm not going to spend all my evenings going to rehearsals to practice step touch step touch over and over.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8
On 2/7/2021 at 9:04 PM, abracadabra said:

I've been thinking about this. I don't know how to or if we can start polls, but I can't figure out even what I personally think would be the ideal age for a DCC. 

When a girl is in her thirties we say she's hanging on too long and is a has been. But 18 yrs old are often called immature and lacking in life experience.

This is a tough one for me. Honestly, I don't think pro sports and all they are exposed to is the best place for someone to be if they're too young, and I think they're better ambassadors approaching 30, or in the later half of their 20s. But their bodies seem to be at the DCC ideal at about 18. It feels weird to me to have 18 yr old out there in that position, though. So maybe 25 to 35? But then we're getting mature bodies and look like real humans. 

I think it's less age and more life experience. If you've gone to college, especially farther away from home, you grow a lot. But once you get into late 20s/early 30s, a lot of women will want to get married and start a family, which isn't easy to do when you're a professional cheerleader. I'd say ladies right out of college are the best candidates as far as having enough life experience while still being flexible enough in life and fit enough to handle DCC. Although I graduated from college at 19 and a lot of people would still consider that too young, so what do I know.

• Love 6

From Shade and Sun fb group: Gina Marie and Madeline S. to Audition This Year. 

I’m happy to see Madeline give it another go. Think she’d be a lovely and mature DCC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Lona said:

I’m happy to see Madeline give it another go. Think she’d be a lovely and mature DCC.

I'm happy that Madeline is coming back, but I really don't think that Kelli will EVER let her back in Training Camp, much less on the squad, while Victoria is there.  They can't have two leggy blonde legacies on the squad and Victoria has that spot nailed down until she decides to leave squad (or until Kelli retires and someone else takes her spot).

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Unpopular opinion, I'm with Kelli when it comes to Madeline S, I don't think she's anything special at all. 

She may be nothing special but so were a lot of other girls who made it onto the squad in the past.  Some we never even saw or heard about ever.  Still, that's a good thing because it means Kelli never has to worry about them causing problems.  It's the ones that are either outstandingly good or have major issues but still make the squad that we hear about and sometimes not in a good way.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

She may be nothing special but so were a lot of other girls who made it onto the squad in the past.  Some we never even saw or heard about ever.  Still, that's a good thing because it means Kelli never has to worry about them causing problems.  It's the ones that are either outstandingly good or have major issues but still make the squad that we hear about and sometimes not in a good way.

I've heard some not very flattering things about her personality. I know, same with Victoria, but Kelli isn't personal friends with MS's mother.

• Useful 2
44 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Unpopular opinion, I'm with Kelli when it comes to Madeline S, I don't think she's anything special at all. 

You aren't alone.  I think she is pretty, but her dance style was not DCC.  She may be fine in what she did at school, but not DCC.  

Edited by Opine
Saw Bytor's next comment
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Lona said:

I have posted before about liking her sense of accountability and professionalism. It is impressive when ANYONE comes back after two rejections. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I agree based on her first year try out. I think she seems well put together as a woman though. So we'll see if she comes back with some pizazz.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Unpopular opinion but I think Victoria is special and shines.  Her immaturity her first year trying out was very obvious but I think the next year when she made the team she really showed progress and maturity and rightfully made show group. If anyone is overrated to me it’s Maddie 🤷‍♀️ I just don’t see the big deal 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree based on her first year try out. I think she seems well put together as a woman though. So we'll see if she comes back with some pizazz.

I have a feeling she'll be stronger this year. I remember Amy saying that she felt she would be much stronger upon completing her college years and I think she's graduating this year? Not sure though. So I'm hopeful!

• Love 4

I wonder if this will be another good year of candidates trying out because it’s really one of the only paid dance jobs happening right now. I haven’t heard any buzz about NYC reopening, but thinking peeps like Marissa or even Alora Rose only tried out for the DCC because the other avenues were closed due to Covid. And I’m fine with that, personally.  It’s probably kept them in dancing shape and while low paid, kept SOMETHING coming in. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I wonder if this will be another good year of candidates trying out because it’s really one of the only paid dance jobs happening right now. I haven’t heard any buzz about NYC reopening, but thinking peeps like Marissa or even Alora Rose only tried out for the DCC because the other avenues were closed due to Covid. And I’m fine with that, personally.  It’s probably kept them in dancing shape and while low paid, kept SOMETHING coming in. 

Looks like so far all the rookies are trying out again except we don't know about Sydney or Armani yet. I would expect all of them to make it back on the team even if the pool of talent remains high. If not many vets retire it could be a pretty small rookie class upcoming. Then in 2022 you might see a mass exodus.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Looks like so far all the rookies are trying out again except we don't know about Sydney or Armani yet. I would expect all of them to make it back on the team even if the pool of talent remains high. If not many vets retire it could be a pretty small rookie class upcoming. Then in 2022 you might see a mass exodus.

When it comes to the vets what I’ve heard it depends on what finals and training camp looks like !!  They don’t want to do bubble again they were apprently all un happy with it 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 8
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I have a feeling she'll be stronger this year. I remember Amy saying that she felt she would be much stronger upon completing her college years and I think she's graduating this year? Not sure though. So I'm hopeful!

She graduated last year, has been living in Austin and works at the studio owned by Evan Anderson and her family.  All three Anderson sisters are very strong dancers - Evan is a former DCC, Gaebri is a former San Diego Charger Girl - so she has a strong support system.

• Useful 6
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

I feel like the problem with VK for a lot of us is the nepotism.

She’s a good dancer, I’ll give her that, and a good DCC with how much she obviously loves the organization and her job dancing for them. 

HOWEVER, she still has a lot to improve on and often it’s very simple technique based things that should have been drilled into her from regular ballet classes. I just don’t appreciate the spotlight she gets so often when other people deserve to be getting recognition as well. There are better dancers who could be showcased more often and better spokespersons I would like to hear from as well. A lot of the dislike comes from TPTB constantly shoving her down our throats. 

(I personally don’t think she was show group material her rookie year but that’s just me 🙈)

I agree with you.  She's a good dancer, she looks the part and they know she'll make DCC her life.  I think they were right to cut her the first year based on weight and maturity but in general, I don't have an issue with her being on the team.  I'm not an experienced dancer so I don't recognize the technique issues that a lot of other people do, but to my untrained eye she does the DCC style well.  (Though I agree that show group her rookie year seemed like a stretch.)  I also agree that we saw a LOT of her the first two times she was in training camp, I would have liked to have heard from a lot of others.  But I feel like that happens every season, we see a ton of one or two strugglers but barely see several other candidates.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I agree with you.  She's a good dancer, she looks the part and they know she'll make DCC her life.  I think they were right to cut her the first year based on weight and maturity but in general, I don't have an issue with her being on the team.  I'm not an experienced dancer so I don't recognize the technique issues that a lot of other people do, but to my untrained eye she does the DCC style well.  (Though I agree that show group her rookie year seemed like a stretch.)  I also agree that we saw a LOT of her the first two times she was in training camp, I would have liked to have heard from a lot of others.  But I feel like that happens every season, we see a ton of one or two strugglers but barely see several other candidates.

My problem with her making it the second year was that although she had tightened up and made some improvements, she FELL OUT OF HER TURN ONTO THE FLOOR during the free form dancing.  Never in the history of DCC has someone done that and made the team and show group.  They should have told her no again.  And if they wanted her told they could have told her to come back the next year.  That is all.....

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Opine said:

My problem with her making it the second year was that although she had tightened up and made some improvements, she FELL OUT OF HER TURN ONTO THE FLOOR during the free form dancing.  Never in the history of DCC has someone done that and made the team and show group.  They should have told her no again.  And if they wanted her told they could have told her to come back the next year.  That is all.....

2 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

GjLVhCs.gif

The majority of girls who have technique issues wouldn't have made it out of the round.  Only Kelli's favorites (Morgan, Breelan, Victoria, etc.) get a pass for glaring errors.

• Love 12
On 2/25/2021 at 9:03 PM, BunnyHop96 said:

I feel like the problem with VK for a lot of us is the nepotism.

She’s a good dancer, I’ll give her that, and a good DCC with how much she obviously loves the organization and her job dancing for them. 

HOWEVER, she still has a lot to improve on and often it’s very simple technique based things that should have been drilled into her from regular ballet classes. I just don’t appreciate the spotlight she gets so often when other people deserve to be getting recognition as well. There are better dancers who could be showcased more often and better spokespersons I would like to hear from as well. A lot of the dislike comes from TPTB constantly shoving her down our throats. 

(I personally don’t think she was show group material her rookie year but that’s just me 🙈)

I agree with this 100%. There are dancers who are stronger than Victoria but she is a loyal employee who would take a bullet for the Cowboys. The producers use Victoria as that oh-so-familiar reality TV storyline - the person we all love to hate. Victoria gets her lifelong dream of being a DCC, but in exchange, she has to be a reality show villain. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Just my two cents... this season was a sh*t show... with a non-existent "bubble", in how they cut some very well loved team members, and how they let some TCC go over girls who were clearly not as strong...I feel like the vets who have been there for a bit are going to wait until they see how auditions will be handled this season before deciding if they're going to retire or not.  If it's a more normal process then we may see a very small retirement group.  If it's another bubble situation then I see several retiring.  I feel like Marissa's helicopter mom is doing whatever she can to shove Marissa down tptb's throats and ours 😝😝I don't dislike the child ... but her mother sure doesn't make it easy to be on her side.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
On 2/27/2021 at 5:31 PM, Bigorangecatmom said:

I agree with this 100%. There are dancers who are stronger than Victoria but she is a loyal employee who would take a bullet for the Cowboys. The producers use Victoria as that oh-so-familiar reality TV storyline - the person we all love to hate. Victoria gets her lifelong dream of being a DCC, but in exchange, she has to be a reality show villain. 

Yep... she is and probably will be one of the most loyal team members they've ever had. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

I feel like Marissa's helicopter mom is doing whatever she can to shove Marissa down tptb's throats and ours 😝😝I don't dislike the child ... but her mother sure doesn't make it easy to be on her side.  

Tell me about this. Ive seen a ton of Marissa love all over social media. Saw someone say it was all family over on reddit and then someone from NC countered that it wasn't family and that in fact MARISSA IS GREAT!!!!!!! I'm sure she is. But why is the push necessary? She's talented all on her own and doesn't seem to need to be shoved? What's going on?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Tell me about this. Ive seen a ton of Marissa love all over social media. Saw someone say it was all family over on reddit and then someone from NC countered that it wasn't family and that in fact MARISSA IS GREAT!!!!!!! I'm sure she is. But why is the push necessary? She's talented all on her own and doesn't seem to need to be shoved? What's going on?

I don't know but my daughter would have been so peeved at me if I had been this way 😜

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The push is not necessary when you look at her dancing and her energy.

But if you look at her looks, and I say this not to be cruel or anything, it is fairly obvious that she is in quite of a competitive group of pretty faces and that she is out of her depth. Who wouldn't with Kat, Savvy, Rachel, Dani and Amanda? From this perspective she needs the push.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Meh, that's all subjective. I find Marissa much better looking than Amanda or Savannah.

I also find Marissa better looking than Amanda. Yes, Amanda is an amazing dancer, but her looks do absolutely nothing for me. I would even say she is bottom tier in terms of looks. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I also find Marissa better looking than Amanda. Yes, Amanda is an amazing dancer, but her looks do absolutely nothing for me. I would even say she is bottom tier in terms of looks. 

Honestly Marissa reminds me a lot of Amy looks wise. The best I can say is "cute", neither is a stunning beauty by any stretch of the imagination. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 2/26/2021 at 6:00 PM, Opine said:

As Kelli said.... "Only Victoria!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Personally I can’t stand Marissa and don’t understand the huge hype surrounding her. Major ambassador risk. The interview she did recently was all organised and sorted via her mother. Someone who didn’t want to be named messaged me giving me some of the tea. Marissa is not loved by all at home or in her local community I can see Tina getting miffed if Marissa starts getting more spotlight than Victoria.

really hoping CiCi, Savannah and Daphne don’t retire this year, I definitely don’t want Kelcey or Amanda to retire for a good few years

id love to see Gina and Rachel W retire although I know Gina isn’t. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

As Kelli said.... "Only Victoria!"

8 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif&key=4a23ce457e52852ea1a30f6678

Lol. Well she isn’t wrong...literally only Victoria could act like she did in her first TC, come back to next auditions, mess up again, then still make Training Camp, the Team, AND Show Group. There isn’t anyone else in the world who’d be able to accomplish that. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Lol. Well she isn’t wrong...literally only Victoria could act like she did in her first TC, come back to next auditions, mess up again, then still make Training Camp, the Team, AND Show Group. There isn’t anyone else in the world who’d be able to accomplish that. 

That's exactly how I meant it!

• Love 4
On 3/3/2021 at 11:21 PM, DCCOracle said:

giphy.gif&key=4a23ce457e52852ea1a30f6678

Whats up with judy looking horrified as she turns and instantly changing to laughter whe she sees Kelli laughing?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Jennv said:

Whats up with judy looking horrified as she turns and instantly changing to laughter whe she sees Kelli laughing?

I call the first, horrified look the “Oh shit, we are going to have tell Tina that her daughter messed up again cause there is NO WAY we can take her into TC now...” 

Which was quickly interrupted by the “Oh, right, who am I kidding of course Victoria is going to make it” laugh of relief once she saw KelFine’s fond chuckle. 

I actually don’t dislike Victoria as a DCC. Do I think she is perfect? No. But they’ve taken several girls that I legitimately thought were boring and plain, and made me question their eyesight and/or were being blackmailed 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

Probably because Victoria messed up AGAIN on something that should be basic to a dancer at that level (as Judy is ALL about the dance aspect).  Do dancers make mistakes?  They do, but we've seen girls get cut time and again for making mistakes like that.  Usually the favorites get to make said mistake their first time through and, if they make the same mistake again the next year, they get cut. Except Victoria. She's the only one who's gotten to make that kind of mistake and had it laughed off.  As for turning it into a laugh when she sees Kelli laughing?  Because Kelli's her boss and has shown EXTREME favoritism for Victoria to the point of going after Judy HARD in private for calling Victoria out on something if I remember the rumors correctly (which I might not be).

1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I call the first, horrified look the “Oh shit, we are going to have tell Tina that her daughter messed up again cause there is NO WAY we can take her into TC now...” 

Which was quickly interrupted by the “Oh, right, who am I kidding of course Victoria is going to make it” laugh of relief once she saw KelFine’s fond chuckle. 

I actually don’t dislike Victoria as a DCC. Do I think she is perfect? No. But they’ve taken several girls that I legitimately thought were boring and plain, and made me question their eyesight and/or were being blackmailed 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Yes, Victoria is an okay DCC and definitely a blender despite everything but she wasted a golden opportunity her first time in Training Camp to show everyone she should be there in spite of knowing Kelli personally and having a mom who is Kelli's best friend.  Getting cut was probably the best thing that could have happened to her that year. 

• Love 13

Hey everyone! I wasn't too sure where to post my thought, but I thought here was the best place.

Fromm looking at their Instagram posts, I think Jalyn and Kristin may be retiring. I think this because Lexie's recent posts were about the highlights of her years as a DCC, and I'm beginning to see Jalyn and Kristin do the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUPG_Eszh7/ Lexie's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMK6dvlsnAG/ Jalyn's recent post

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAQXtvM_Mx/ Kristin's recent post 

I don't know for sure, but these are just some thought I had. Have a good day! 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sara 1 said:

Hey everyone! I wasn't too sure where to post my thought, but I thought here was the best place.

Fromm looking at their Instagram posts, I think Jalyn and Kristin may be retiring. I think this because Lexie's recent posts were about the highlights of her years as a DCC, and I'm beginning to see Jalyn and Kristin do the same.

I don't know for sure, but these are just some thought I had. Have a good day! 🙂

honestly it looks like they’re just looking for something, anything to post on their official dcc accounts 

i could also be wrong though lol. i could see any of them retiring 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Sara 1 said:

Good catch. I think that these women have come to end of their time with DCC. Lexie has had a great run but has advanced as far as she can. As sad as it makes me to say this, TPTB are not going to allow Jalyn in the triangle or back on show group. Kristin's path was established in last year's TC. On to better things for all of them!     

• Love 14
17 hours ago, vanillagum said:

honestly it looks like they’re just looking for something, anything to post on their official dcc accounts 

i could also be wrong though lol. i could see any of them retiring 

That does look lie a possibility too. I find it a bit of an odd year to launch these accounts seeing the pandemic.

• Love 3
On 1/27/2021 at 9:17 PM, Tuxcat said:

Did Lisa confirm too? Read that on another board. Maybe I'm wrong?

Oh and on reddit it says Alora Rose also confirmed?

I hope Lisa retires.  I don’t know how she made the team to start with. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I hope Lisa retires.  I don’t know how she made the team to start with. 

Lisa already told me she is coming back again !! She is very sweet person !!! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Do you know of any other confirmed returners that haven't been mentioned here?

Nope from what I heard it all depends on how finals and training camp will be !! 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2021 at 11:38 PM, DCCFan2021 said:

Do you know of any other confirmed returners that haven't been mentioned here?

Kelcey just announced that she will be auditioning for another season!

Edited by SunnyK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19