Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Audition Speculation

ByTor
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

And if anyone wants to know how she gets her natural curls to look so pretty, here you go! I'm actually going to try this myself.

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/hair-tutorials/ciannas-game-day-hair-tutorial/

Wow!  That's a lot of work!!  @BYTOR I hope it works for you.  My hair is curly and fine and AVEDA products weight too much.  The thing that I really didn't get was curling those tiny little pieces.  With the right products (and patience) I could make it happen.  Tess needs to watch the edge control portion.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Opine said:

Wow!  That's a lot of work!!  @BYTOR I hope it works for you.  My hair is curly and fine and AVEDA products weight too much.  The thing that I really didn't get was curling those tiny little pieces.  With the right products (and patience) I could make it happen.  Tess needs to watch the edge control portion.

I have curly hair too and I was hoping she was going to show a special trick on how she gets her hair like that. Now I’m disappointed she uses a curling iron to finish her look 😩

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

I have curly hair too and I was hoping she was going to show a special trick on how she gets her hair like that. Now I’m disappointed she uses a curling iron to finish her look 😩

I ordered a curling iron, if that's what I need to get my hair to look like that so be it 😄 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I ordered a curling iron, if that's what I need to get my hair to look like that so be it 😄 

True, just for me as a curly girl it’s hard because you don’t want to damage the real curls but it takes a lot of work and product (like cici mentioned in the vid) to keep it really curl. 

• Love 2
On 1/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, Bigorangecatmom said:

I hope that CiCi, Jalyn, and Savannah retire. They are under-utilized and under-appreciated by TPTB, and I don't want to see them get treated like Brennan. 

Cici always looks like she is having fun, and stands out because of her hair. And I will fight anyone who makes a comment about her weight! 

Jalyn should have been a serious candidate for point. She is one of the strongest dancers on the team. Jalyn teaches a lot of fitness classes, and I hope that she goes on to a more lucrative career.  

It is tragic that Savannah never went on a USO trip. She would have been a wonderful representative (Obviously, I don't believe that Show Group is "the best of the best" given that these three were overlooked). 

I absolutely Love CiCi and Jalyn ~ I have since day 1.  And I absolutely agree in thinking they're both under-appreciated! Although, I don't want either of them to retire just yet.  They do deserve far more respect and admiration, but IMO, I don't think they're looked upon at the same caliber that they (K & J) looked at Lily and Brennan.       There is so much talent and pop between those two, my eyes always goes to either one of them when they're dancing.   

• Love 11
On 1/31/2021 at 11:48 AM, ByTor said:

And if anyone wants to know how she gets her natural curls to look so pretty,

Thats a lot of products.  But her hair is gorgeous!

Edited by edie3
added
  • Love 3

Yes! Stay in school, finish your degree.

I think that there is a huge difference between the 18 year old candidates and the 22 year old candidates. I far prefer seeing slightly "older" women on the team (As if 22 years is old). It is too easy for younger candidates to get caught up in the Cowboys hype.   

• Love 23

I wonder when they’ll announce auditions. Seems kind of weird that they haven’t already. Considering we’ve been in this pandemic for over a year, you’d think they would already have a game plan.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, JC2468 said:

I wonder when they’ll announce auditions. Seems kind of weird that they haven’t already. Considering we’ve been in this pandemic for over a year, you’d think they would already have a game plan.

Not necessarily - with things always changing, they may be waiting until the last possible moment to see what they will be able to do.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

Yes! Stay in school, finish your degree.

I think that there is a huge difference between the 18 year old candidates and the 22 year old candidates. I far prefer seeing slightly "older" women on the team (As if 22 years is old). It is too easy for younger candidates to get caught up in the Cowboys hype.   

Right? Like Lacey, retired a couple years and barely 25. Seems weird.

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

In retrospect, I think that they should have kept all the veterans and gone with a vet-only team. The show could have been "Behind the scenes with the DCC as they navigate Coronavirus." I would have happily watched that version. 

but then how would they make people cry and create drama? 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

God, last season was so depressing and weird. I could watch this show as background endlessly, but this season just makes me feel uneasy. The nonsensical PPE/hygiene theater, the massive advantage the rookies got, the veteran massacre, the fact it shouldn't have happened at all, really...it's not fun

Not “fun” at all! 

What’s the point of following the DCC journey if the cheerleaders themselves are treated so poorly by TPTB. 🤷‍♂️

• Love 10

I would like to see Katy from UCLA audition for the 2021 season. I don't know if she will, given the unkind comments about her weight. She is in GREAT shape now. I think that she had a tomboy quality that made her appealing as a performer - kind of like Kashera. And Charm liked her. 

I also hope that Madeline S (the other blond legacy) tries out again. I was impressed by her poise and maturity. There can be more than one legacy on the team. 

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

I also hope that Madeline S (the other blond legacy) tries out again. I was impressed by her poise and maturity. There can be more than one legacy on the team. 

I would love both Dayton and Madeline S. to come back and reaudition, but I doubt they ever will.  Dayton because of the cameras/the show and Madeline S. because she knows it's a lost cause. 

We all know there can be more then one legacy on the team, but it's not going to happen as long as Victoria's there and Kelli's director.  Both Dayton and Madeline S. showed up Victoria BIG time in dance, poise and maturity in their times in Training Camp, but Kelli was SO harsh on Dayton that she was a bundle of nerves and messing up more then she likely would have under normal circumstances.  With Madeline, there was no way that Kelli would EVER let another leggy blonde legacy on the squad while because she would be Victoria's direct competition and there would always be comparisons between the two with Victoria coming out the worse for it.  

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I would love both Dayton and Madeline S. to come back and reaudition, but I doubt they ever will.  Dayton because of the cameras/the show and Madeline S. because she knows it's a lost cause. 

We all know there can be more then one legacy on the team, but it's not going to happen as long as Victoria's there and Kelli's director.  Both Dayton and Madeline S. showed up Victoria BIG time in dance, poise and maturity in their times in Training Camp, but Kelli was SO harsh on Dayton that she was a bundle of nerves and messing up more then she likely would have under normal circumstances.  With Madeline, there was no way that Kelli would EVER let another leggy blonde legacy on the squad while because she would be Victoria's direct competition and there would always be comparisons between the two with Victoria coming out the worse for it.  

😔

I started rooting for Madeline S. when the squad was dancing at Gilly's (Jilly's?) and Charm gave some sharp criticism. Madeline S. was not defensive, and said that Charm was being honest. Her professionalism was admirable especially in someone who was so young at the time. 

• Love 22

Madeline S did not get much of the judge support besides Judy and Kelli.  I just watched the beginning of her season.  I thought she was a little soft in her dancing not her shape and several judges said that.  Amy her group leader said she needed more dance class.

As to this year, I read somewhere Alora Rose is coming back.  Hope she knows Kelli only pushes her projects for one season and then moves on to a new girl crush.  

And is there anyone else who would like to see some retirement announcements?  Tess?  Maddie?  in the years of this show, the ones who went on to 6 years Jenna and Sydney looked desperate to hang on.  The husband was out of town last weekend and I binge watched many old seasons.  I love the years we got 15-17 new rookies.  I loved last year Molly said she was retiring right away then Amy and Christina.  Don't hold us in suspense.  We can all post we will miss them but I like some turnover.  And higher numbers of vets trying out meaning more vet cuts.

I also now really have to laugh when the girls complain about harsh criticism.  They were much tougher on the girls in the old days.  Now they say Kristin was "soft". in the old days they would just say "You gained weight". or Kitty's "you're heavy" which included Brittney Schram ( I kept wondering what the hell Kitty was talking about-Brittney looked amazing as always)  These were also the days of screaming "boring" "clunky" "a mess". Judy still uses a mess but overall they have gotten much nicer.  Even the judges when the girls would be on the big screen said some harsh stuff.

Amazon now selling season 1 or 2 or you can see on CBS all access.  I'm a happy camper.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Madeline S did not get much of the judge support besides Judy and Kelli.  I just watched the beginning of her season.  I thought she was a little soft in her dancing not her shape and several judges said that.  Amy her group leader said she needed more dance class.

I think you do have some good points, but we've also seen Kelly (and Charlotte) ignore the other judges to put a girl they REALLY wanted on the squad regardless of their issues (and there have been some girls with MAJOR issues).  Granted, she did have some issues, but nothing major and certainly nothing that a year on the squad couldn't have solved.  If she had weight issues, let her know straight out of the gate and I bet she would have had it off in short order.  More dance classes?  Again, not a huge issue if a girl is trainable and can get the steps.  They've had girls with fewer then 5 years of dance training (including some that have had less then a year of dance training) make it ridiculously far in the process (and some have made it onto the squad).  If the girl's got natural talent, really the only thing a dance class is going to do besides teaching the names of the steps is to hone the talent and teach the girls how to deal with nerves.

I would have put Madeline S on the squad over Meredith and Kat.  The other two are pretty girls, but Meredith was a constant dance risk and Kat was a constant ambassador risk.  However, I was surprised that Kelli didn't even bring Madeline to Training Camp this year.  She should have made it over a few of the girls (including Annabelle), but that's Kelli for you.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lexusprincess said:

in the years of this show, the ones who went on to 6 years Jenna and Sydney looked desperate to hang on

word. and yesterday i read that sydney cheered for the mavs for a season after 7 years with dcc? is that true? GIRL...

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

They've had girls with fewer then 5 years of dance training (including some that have had less then a year of dance training) make it ridiculously far in the process (and some have made it onto the squad).

who?

• Love 3

I’m glad someone brought up Dayton. I was wondering what she’s doing since the cruise business is nonexistent this year. I never really understood Kelli’s issue with her. Isn’t she friends with her mom too, albeit not BFFs? 

I wish naughty Kaylissa had stayed on the team. I had a girl crush on her. I think she could have made point and that would have been fun to watch.

I liked UCLA Katie too. It’s easy to forget some of these girls are barely out of their teen years and I wonder how I would feel watching the show and seeing that being closed doors the judges thought I weighed too much. You have to have a tough skin. I wonder how Katie felt seeing that scene? She should feel pretty proud that Charm thought she was worth keeping though!

I wonder if Charm remembers these girls and recruits some of the ones she likes for other jobs. There are tons of dancing jobs if you are a great dancer, act professional, and know the right people. And there are definitely jobs that pay more than DCC and you don’t have to crowd around and “touch the star” while Ms Jones gives a silly speech about excellence. 

im very curious how this will go down if the rookie class can’t kick high. They cut veterans who could jump split and I don’t recall any focus being put on teaching that this season. I’m fairly certain sports will be back to normal next fall and they will be dancing on the field doing the kick line. And maybe everyone’s favorite DCC will come back weighing 20 pounds heavier and Kelli will have no choice but to cut her. 😉

• Love 8
5 hours ago, vanillagum said:

who?

Ashley P said she grew up doing gymnastics and then did cheer, and DCC was a complete 180 for her, but I don't remember exactly how much dance experience she had before she tried out, if any. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kate2006 said:

I’m glad someone brought up Dayton. I was wondering what she’s doing since the cruise business is nonexistent this year. I never really understood Kelli’s issue with her. Isn’t she friends with her mom too, albeit not BFFs? 

I wish naughty Kaylissa had stayed on the team. I had a girl crush on her. I think she could have made point and that would have been fun to watch.

I liked UCLA Katie too. It’s easy to forget some of these girls are barely out of their teen years and I wonder how I would feel watching the show and seeing that being closed doors the judges thought I weighed too much. You have to have a tough skin. I wonder how Katie felt seeing that scene? She should feel pretty proud that Charm thought she was worth keeping though!

I wonder if Charm remembers these girls and recruits some of the ones she likes for other jobs. There are tons of dancing jobs if you are a great dancer, act professional, and know the right people. And there are definitely jobs that pay more than DCC and you don’t have to crowd around and “touch the star” while Ms Jones gives a silly speech about excellence. 

im very curious how this will go down if the rookie class can’t kick high. They cut veterans who could jump split and I don’t recall any focus being put on teaching that this season. I’m fairly certain sports will be back to normal next fall and they will be dancing on the field doing the kick line. And maybe everyone’s favorite DCC will come back weighing 20 pounds heavier and Kelli will have no choice but to cut her. 😉

Dayton didn’t do cruise line dancing gig for very long 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, vanillagum said:

who?

Ashley Kelly, Megan Flaherty, Gymnast Kat, and Karissa are the ones that I'm fairly certain said they had limited to no dance experience and likely under 5 years if they did.  Gymnastics DOES include some dance, but it's completely different then any other type of dance and is only used for mere seconds total in floor routines.

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Kate2006 said:

I 100% agree with you. Kalyssa would have been a fun "reality TV show bad girl." She would have been interesting as point.    

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

I 100% agree with you. Kalyssa would have been a fun "reality TV show bad girl." She would have been interesting as point.    

I liked Kalyssa as a dancer as she was pretty, technical and strong with major sex appeal to boot and would have drawn every eye to her as point in a good way (for the most part) because she had charisma and looked like she was having fun.  However, she amped up the sex appeal TOO much to the point it seemed ridiculous.  Sadly, she also struck me as someone who felt her only worth was in her sex appeal and men, as in how she appeared (and appealed) to men, how they viewed her, etc., especially given the direction she went in after leaving the DCC.  I don't know how else to describe it. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:
22 hours ago, vanillagum said:

who?

Ashley Kelly, Megan Flaherty, Gymnast Kat, and Karissa are the ones that I'm fairly certain said they had limited to no dance experience and likely under 5 years if they did. 

Kelsey Lowry only started dancing in high school, and I thought she said back then she didn't really take classes. I think she only started classes when she was going for DCC (and made Ice Angels).

• Love 5
17 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Ashley P said she grew up doing gymnastics and then did cheer, and DCC was a complete 180 for her, but I don't remember exactly how much dance experience she had before she tried out, if any. 

Ashley and a few  other TCCs were on the now defunct Texas Stars Dancers.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Kelsey Lowry only started dancing in high school, and I thought she said back then she didn't really take classes. I think she only started classes when she was going for DCC (and made Ice Angels).

She was one I'd forgotten about and wasn't Rachel Buckmaster another who had limited dancing experience?  She was one that Kelli said that she could put her in a uniform and send her out on appearances that day.  Sadly, her dancing wasn't up to par.  However, both she and Meghan F. suffered from "Celebrity Doppelganger Syndrome" in that they wouldn't have even made Training Camp if they didn't look like famous people and thus caught Kelli's and Charlotte's eye.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

She was one I'd forgotten about and wasn't Rachel Buckmaster another who had limited dancing experience?  She was one that Kelli said that she could put her in a uniform and send her out on appearances that day.  Sadly, her dancing wasn't up to par.  However, both she and Meghan F. suffered from "Celebrity Doppelganger Syndrome" in that they wouldn't have even made Training Camp if they didn't look like famous people and thus caught Kelli's and Charlotte's eye.

Totally agree!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Ashley Kelly, Megan Flaherty, Gymnast Kat, and Karissa are the ones that I'm fairly certain said they had limited to no dance experience and likely under 5 years if they did.  Gymnastics DOES include some dance, but it's completely different then any other type of dance and is only used for mere seconds total in floor routines.

None of them made the team except for Gymnast Kat (although I just realized both Kats had more gymnastics experience than dance experience...) and she was cut after one year.  

I remember Nicole Hamilton mentioning that she had very little dance experience when she made the team (I can't remember what season, but it was during one of the alumni mentoring sessions).  I was shocked when she said that since she was point and also was used as an example of one of their best dancers, she always mentored rookies during her time on the squad.  

Edit: found it on the DCC:MTT Wiki.  She said she only had one year of dance experience in high school, she was talking to current DCC Ashlee who also came in without a lot of dance experience.  https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Nicole_Hamilton (scroll down to her S13 appearance)

Edited by aeroluv327
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

None of them made the team except for Gymnast Kat (although I just realized both Kats had more gymnastics experience than dance experience...) and she was cut after one year.  

I remember Nicole Hamilton mentioning that she had very little dance experience when she made the team (I can't remember what season, but it was during one of the alumni mentoring sessions).  I was shocked when she said that since she was point and also was used as an example of one of their best dancers, she always mentored rookies during her time on the squad.  

Edit: found it on the DCC:MTT Wiki.  She said she only had one year of dance experience in high school, she was talking to current DCC Ashlee who also came in without a lot of dance experience.  https://making-the-team.fandom.com/wiki/Nicole_Hamilton (scroll down to her S13 appearance)

Yes, of the ones I mentioned, only gymnast Kat made the squad, but the rest made it into Training Camp and several made it very far in before they were cut.  That may be because Kelli wanted them to be better then they actually were or she wanted them on the squad but they didn't quite get there.

• Love 5
On 2/4/2021 at 4:30 AM, ByTor said:

Right? Like Lacey, retired a couple years and barely 25. Seems weird.

I've been thinking about this. I don't know how to or if we can start polls, but I can't figure out even what I personally think would be the ideal age for a DCC. 

When a girl is in her thirties we say she's hanging on too long and is a has been. But 18 yrs old are often called immature and lacking in life experience.

This is a tough one for me. Honestly, I don't think pro sports and all they are exposed to is the best place for someone to be if they're too young, and I think they're better ambassadors approaching 30, or in the later half of their 20s. But their bodies seem to be at the DCC ideal at about 18. It feels weird to me to have 18 yr old out there in that position, though. So maybe 25 to 35? But then we're getting mature bodies and look like real humans. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Bigorangecatmom said:

There will probably be several women from the Ice Angels who audition for DCC 2021. DCC Kristen was a former Ice Angel, as was TCC Vivian. I wonder how TPTB look at the Ice Angels.   

Kelli Q and Stephanie were also AAIA. So was TCC Amy Simone.

ETA: Can't believe I left out Kelsey L

• Love 3
On 2/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, Kate2006 said:

Charm choreographed the 2021 super bowl halftime show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, Duffer said:

Charm choreographed the 2021 super bowl halftime show. 

Oh my. That was the worst halftime show EVER.  ALL OF IT WAS TERRIBLE.  That choreography was so simple, I could have done it.

I should rewatch it, to be sure it was as bad as I remember, but I just can't bear it.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, hypeman said:

Oh my. That was the worst halftime show EVER.  ALL OF IT WAS TERRIBLE.  That choreography was so simple, I could have done it.

I should rewatch it, to be sure it was as bad as I remember, but I just can't bear it.

D7AB2346-6991-4A81-81F0-98E1CE980D3C.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 10