Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I thought this Vice video about The Thong Song was interesting given the conversation we've been having about songwriting. Not only was the song a major collaboration between everyone involved... but they were sued for a line referencing Ricky Martin's Livin La Vida Loca and that songwriter (according to the video) got to take "more ownership of the song than anyone" who actually wrote it.

• Useful 4
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think Consumer Cellular or Geico or Neuriva care about Mike Richards and his antics.   

You might be surprised. They will do whatever they think their target demographic will want.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, bobalina said:

You might be surprised. They will do whatever they think their target demographic will want.

The target demographic for Jeopardy has never been people under 50.  Younger people watch, but we have never been a consideration to Sony. The target demographic for the show is not the viewers who are active on Twitter.  Same thing with Sony's other long running game show Wheel of Fortune.   Pat Sajak can tweet to his heart's content while Sony looks the other way because their loyal viewers are not on that platform. 

Consumer Cellular and Neuriva also have an older target demographic.  Geico might pause to consider pulling their ads, but I still dont think they would.  They have a sweet deal with Jeopardy that a competitor would snatch up in a heartbeat.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The target demographic for Jeopardy has never been people under 50.  Younger people watch, but we have never been a consideration to Sony. The target demographic for the show is not the viewers who are active on Twitter.  Same thing with Sony's other long running game show Wheel of Fortune.   Pat Sajak can tweet to his heart's content while Sony looks the other way because their loyal viewers are not on that platform. 

Consumer Cellular and Neuriva also have an older target demographic.  Geico might pause to consider pulling their ads, but I still dont think they would.  They have a sweet deal with Jeopardy that a competitor would snatch up in a heartbeat.  

But Mike has been in the t v news. So us oldies know what's going on. The optics are bad. Sajak is beloved by the same group (something I never did understand ) and a stink would be raised should he be removed. Younger people most probably don't give a damn what Sajak says.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

That's even worse than when the late Governor George Wallace pulled his African-American assistant from off-camera to proclaim the man to be his 'best friend' when confronted over his not having always been fair-minded! 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Dog also claims he got a 'pass'**** on using the N-word from the guys he was in jail with twenty (thirty?) years ago. Uh, no.

****-Warning: Pass is only good with the people who gave it, not any other black people.

• Love 19
19 hours ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

I've learned to be very, very suspicious of anyone who hides behind self-righteous placation  ("some of my best friends are...") or braggadocio ("No one is more [insert positive quality here] than me"). If you're such a wonderful person, let your supposed virtues speak for themselves.

Yes. It's like telling people you have a lot of sex.  People who have a lot of sex don't brag about it.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Yes. It's like telling people you have a lot of sex.  People who have a lot of sex don't brag about it.

I knew a guy who bragged about having a ton of sex. He also complained that his wife didn't show every day.

Either he was full of it about having a lot of sex, or he had a lot of sex with a funky woman. 

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't this the guy she cheated on her first husband with?

No and I’m not aware of any cheating rumors around either of her marriages. The divorce was final months before she starting dating Cook. I don’t think there has ever been confirmation of why her first marriage ended but there were rumors he was addicted to painkillers. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

I recently saw her talking about how they has finally moved in together.   Maybe separate houses was the way for them to go.

1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Wasn't this the guy she cheated on her first husband with?

She announced a separation from her first husband in 2015 and didn't start dating this guy until late 2016.

She has a seemingly chaotic personal life like getting engaged/married quickly and the breaking up quickly but I don't think cheating is something I've heard about her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

She was working in a bridal shop in Flushing, Queens,
Til her boyfriend kicked her out in one of those crushing scenes.
What was she to do, where was she to go
She was out on her fanny.

So over the bridge from Flushing to the Sheffield's door,
She was there to sell make up but the father saw more,
She had style, she had flair, she was there,
That's how she became the Nanny.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Fran Drescher triumphant!

Modine had size and reach, but never underestimate a girl from Queens.

Ed Asner is probably rolling in his grave.  (A former SAG president himself, he was staunchly Membership First, and one of the named plaintiffs in its class action suit against the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

I hope Kaley and Karl can work things out, although they lead such different lives. They met through horse competitions. He rides professionally and she competes when she has time. They seem like good friends with each other, but she had to spend a lot of time out of the country filming The Flight Attendant. She also just wrapped Meet Cute with Pete Davidson. The constant distance has to have an impact on a relationship. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I hope Kaley and Karl can work things out,

They're not just separated; she filed for divorce today.

Kaley Cuoco has filed for divorce from Karl Cook.

The Flight Attendant star, 35, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, PEOPLE confirms, the same day she and Cook, 30, announced their split after three years of marriage.

• Useful 4
7 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I hope Kaley and Karl can work things out, although they lead such different lives. They met through horse competitions. He rides professionally and she competes when she has time. They seem like good friends with each other, but she had to spend a lot of time out of the country filming The Flight Attendant. She also just wrapped Meet Cute with Pete Davidson. The constant distance has to have an impact on a relationship. 

Well, I never knew she competed in equestrianism.  I wondered how she ever connected with this guy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

She has a seemingly chaotic personal life like getting engaged/married quickly and the breaking up quickly but I don't think cheating is something I've heard about her.

I listened to a podcast last year when she was promoting flight attendant and I swear she only talked about her husband. Like she was at such a high point in her career yet all the did was talk about him and how they are as a couple. Her first marriage was fast and very showy as well until it was over. I think she obviously loves love and wants to have a happy marriage but maybe she rushes into things a bit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Ed Asner is probably rolling in his grave.  (A former SAG president himself, he was staunchly Membership First, and one of the named plaintiffs in its class action suit against the SAG-AFTRA Health Plan.)

Yep.    United for Strength is "give in to the studios just to keep working."   The last time this came up they were arguing over streaming rights.   And falling for the same line of "well this is new technology, we don't know where it will go or how it will work out, so take a reallllllly small royality this time and next time, when we know more, we will up it."   Guess what happened?   Also the last time, there were some SERIOUS racist overtones coming from United against Membership First leadership.   Things like a well known white actor saying about an Actor of Color "She is articulate and well spoken ..."

• Useful 11
4 hours ago, GussieK said:

Well, I never knew she competed in equestrianism.  I wondered how she ever connected with this guy.

Kaley rather horribly broke her leg falling off a horse sometime during the run of The Big Bang Theory, missed two episodes and had to spend a good handful of other episodes only being able to sit down.

• Useful 5

15 hours ago, Llywela said:

Actor Richard E Grant has lost his wife of 35 years, Joan Washington 😟

Am I the only cold-hearted person who hopes this means he'll find her browsing in a different department of Macy's?

6 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

ABBA releasing a new album after 40 years. The two lead singles are linked in the article. And they will be performing 'live' with holograms created by ILM.

Why would they do this when there are so many amazing original performances?  I find holograms nastily fake and creepy.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Her first marriage was fast and very showy as well until it was over. I think she obviously loves love and wants to have a happy marriage but maybe she rushes into things a bit. 

I don't know much about Kaley Cuoco but I do think celebrities tend to be very effusive... until they're not. Everyone is "the love of my life." Each time they say "I've finally found what I've been looking for." I still remember Sutton Foster thanking Bobby Cannavale in her Tony's speech.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

ABBA releasing a new album after 40 years. The two lead singles are linked in the article. And they will be performing 'live' with holograms created by ILM.

I'm not sure about the holograms, but I'm so excited to get new music from them! Seriously, such an amazing surprise. I always wondered if they'd do anything else since they're one of the few older groups where all the members are still alive. 

5 hours ago, letter8358 said:

Disney legend Haley Mills discusses her time on Disney and how she was offered Lolita, but forced to turned it down

Before Lindsay Lohan and Hillary Duff, there was Haley Mills. Iconic till the end...

She was an adorable kid in The Parent Trap. I first saw her on Good Morning Miss Bliss, aka the junior high Saved by the Bell. 

• Love 10
19 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Fran Drescher triumphant!

Modine had size and reach, but never underestimate a girl from Queens.

She’s got style, she’s got flair, she’s only got, like, one tweet about how 5G cellular signals cause coronavirus…That’s how she became the SAG-AFTRA president-elect.

THAT'S who they elected president???? WTH is wrong with everyone in SAG?

12 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

5 hours ago, Leeds said:

Why would they do this when there are so many amazing original performances?  I find holograms nastily fake and creepy.

I saw a video about this. First, they have gotten old. Now, it's been 40 years, so of course they've gotten old, but I think using avatars that look like their younger selves is ridiculous. Either dye your hair (both  Agnetha & Anni-Frid have snow white hair) & get some botox, or stand your ground & perform the way you look. Using avatars of your younger self is a joke.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Yep.    United for Strength is "give in to the studios just to keep working."   The last time this came up they were arguing over streaming rights.   And falling for the same line of "well this is new technology, we don't know where it will go or how it will work out, so take a reallllllly small royality this time and next time, when we know more, we will up it."   Guess what happened?   Also the last time, there were some SERIOUS racist overtones coming from United against Membership First leadership.   Things like a well known white actor saying about an Actor of Color "She is articulate and well spoken ..."

Exactly.  Every SAG member I know personally is Membership First, so I'm disappointed on their behalf by this outcome, but also as an outside observer of the platforms and actions of United for Strength.

• Love 8