Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

I haven't seen Leo asking anybody for any "sympathy" for anything.  He doesn't say a word, he obviously keeps his shit to himself.  Thus most people not even knowing he was dating, much less anything about the girl. 

Outsiders are pointing, sniggering and gossiping.  Leo's not involved. 

I'm not even a fan of him or his acting.  I don't get why so many people need to make all this public conversation and ridicule about somebody they don't know, won't know and who's just living his life without asking for approval.  Is THAT what bothers people so much?  That he just doesn't care what they think?  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think any of his girlfriends thought they would be different and somehow make Leo commit.

I think they do. They want to be the one that finally gets him to marry. How many did George Clooney go through.  It gives the women something to hope while they are sitting down with Leo, George and his wife.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

I don't get why so many people need to make all this public conversation and ridicule about somebody they don't know

Because the cesspool that is Twitter, basically.  It's almost always the jumping off point and then people all across the internets spend days upon days sharing tweets from randos and adding their own two cents to the "story" before something else shiny comes along to get the twitterers worked up enough to move along.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Applause 2
52 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

For the life of me, I don't get all the hype and hoopla about Harry Styles.  

Every generation has their heartthrobs that hold a special place in their hearts and other generations don’t understand. 

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The type of relationship a man in his 40s has with a 21-24 year old is only going to last so long on each side.  I don't think any of his girlfriends thought they would be different and somehow make Leo commit. They know the relationship has an expiration date going in and are fine with it because they are young and have time to find "the one" later.

For the right type of person, being Leo's girlfriend is probably a pretty awesome deal with the ridiculous amount of luxury and access that would suddenly become available. I would have to imagine that anyone who goes out with them, and it is not like he has to do some kind of Barney Stinson style con to get women to go out with him. So if seems like mocking him for dating younger women is also mocking them for dating an older guy.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

A middle aged man dating women in their early 20s is skeevy, but the women are consenting adults. They probably enjoy the attention of a rich, famous, Hollywood A-lister. Leo's not as bad as the Rolling Stone's Bill Wyman, who started dating 13 year old Mandy Smith when he was 47. He claims he waiting until she was 16, the age of consent in Britain, to have sex. They were married when she was 18 and he was 52.

Mandy was 18 years old. The couple had already been ‘dating’ for four years. They met at an awards party when Mandy was just 13 and accompanied by her elder sister. ‘She took my breath away,’ Bill later wrote. ‘She was a woman at 13…’ Well, no, Bill, she wasn’t. She was barely a teenager. Mandy has since claimed that Wyman slept with her at 14.

The newspapers made much of the fact that Mandy’s mum Patsy had encouraged the liaison. Hello! magazine devoted 14 pages and the front cover to their ‘fairy-tale wedding’, and in another issue they were invited to the newlyweds’ ‘secret honeymoon hideaway’ – ‘We thought our marriage would work nicely. But it’s working brilliantly’ ran the headline (they divorced four years later).

Then Bill's son started dating Mandy's mother Patsy.. They got married when Stephen Wyman was 30 and she 46.

That meant that during the short marriage (they split after two years, according to The Guardian), Stephen was Mandy's stepfather, and Bill was his ex-wife's stepgrandfather. And, if Bill and Mandy hadn't already split up, Stephen would have technically been the father-in-law to his own dad, reports Far Out. Stephen would be his own grandfather.

• Mind Blown 13
  • Sad 1

And, if Bill and Mandy hadn't already split up, Stephen would have technically been the father-in-law to his own dad, reports Far Out. Stephen would be his own grandfather.

If only Bill and Mandy could have held it together just a little longer. Terribly disappointed. :(

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Is THAT what bothers people so much?  That he just doesn't care what they think?  

If he doesn't care than what does it matter if people recognize a pattern?  Maybe it's because of what the Leo chart looks like but it's hilarious that all 8 of his know girlfriends in the past 24 years have basically been between the ages of 20 and 25. 

erdv3yn78d941.png

People might think it's just a transactional type of relationship.  The women get whisked around the world and he gets to date models.  But it stands out to me because he's not just dating younger, he's dating women in a certain stage of life.  And he's keeping them around until they basically grow out of that state.  The early 20s are when people are building their careers and are impressed by success. It can feel flattering to be complimented by that.  It's also the stage when women can feel pressure to be the "cool girl"   It's a stage where they might go out to dinner with an older boyfriend, prefer red wine but defer to him when he says only fools would drink red wine with fish even though they just don't care for white.

Not everyone feels this pressure but whenever I look at men who exclusively date much much younger women, especially in those years, I do reach a judgment about why they're choosing them.  They choose them because they're less likely to raise a fuss when you want to bring you boyzzz on all your romantic vacations with you.  (And no, I'm not insinuating anything about his sexuality.)

12 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So if seems like mocking him for dating younger women is also mocking them for dating an older guy.

Not really.  He's not their pattern; they're his.

But the pattern is 25 years old next year.   He might break up with it.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11

Jayden and Sean Federline are speaking out and gave an interview. It's small-d damning for Britney. They say they love her but she needs to get her mental health straight.

Jayden shared that his older brother, Sean, is not a fan of the cameras and asked Spears not to post pictures of him online which she did anyway and "it didn't go well."

He said that posting on Instagram "helps" his mother. "Social media helps her," he began. "So if that's what she wants to do that's what she wants to do, I'm not going to hate her for that. At the same time, she should come to the realization of whatever it is that stops her loving her family."

Jayden continued: "It's almost like she has to post something on Instagram to get some attention. This has gone on for years and years and years and there's a high chance that this will never stop but I'm hoping for me that she will stop."

During the two boy’s childhood, Jayden shared that Spears has "treated me better" than Preston.

"I think Mom has struggled giving us both attention and showing us equal love & I don't think she showed enough to Preston and I feel really bad for that," he began. "We've both been through so much pressure in the past that this is our safe place now, to process all the emotional trauma we've been through to heal, heal our mental state."

Sean is apparently going by Preston now

• Sad 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

Why is Kevin allowing his minor children to give interviews about their mother? This is disgusting. None of this family drama should be our business.

I TOTALLY agree with you here! Even if Mr. Federline somehow had had no knowledge of how his ex's being overexposed via social media,etc. from an early age contributed to her current issues, he DID see for himself how living in the fishbowl helped implode his own union with her. Hence, he should have done his best to prevent his minor offspring from  even dipping a toe into this mess!

Yes, even giving the benefit of the doubt that these are Master Federline's actual feelings and observations about his mother, brother and childhood,etc. IMO it would have FAR better for all concerned if this had been kept out of the fishbowl until at least the Master Federline's 18th birthday!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Tons of famous kids much younger have given interviews about their lives & their families.  And as Britney has dragged them into the spotlight without their consent, I'd say they can say a bit about how they've been growing up, even if they don't act or sing themselves.  Nothing scandalous or damaging in that article.  It's obvious they love her & care about her.  

I think they can certainly do monitored interviews.  I'd also assume KFed was there to make sure it didn't go off the rails. 

Drew Barrymore used to do a lot of those kinds of interviews.  The Irwin kids did too, before they even got TV shows of their own.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

Why is Kevin allowing his minor children to give interviews about their mother? This is disgusting. None of this family drama should be our business.

I agree.  If it's a catharsis they need, then let them vent to a psychologist/psychiatrist.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I don't have a problem with their interview.  As @SnapHappy said Britney said she has posted about them on social media which we now know was against Sean Preston's wishes.  I know parents sometimes get mad when family members post pics of their kids without permission.  Well what about parents posting pics of their kids without their permission? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I am very split in that interview. The boys are minors but they are also old enough to have some say. But the publication chosen, past public mud slinging and some of the things said make me question Kevin’s motives. I guess I don’t have a problem with them speaking out or giving an interview but I do with giving that particular interview. 

The quoted part is mostly fine but free Britney people have latched on to Jayden apparently siding firmly with his Grandfather and being pro-conservatorship. Things like that should have had some oversight from their father to protect them from the obvious reaction. 

15 hours ago, Dani said:

Every generation has their heartthrobs that hold a special place in their hearts and other generations don’t understand. 

Which is why I basically said I didn't understand.   Regarding "other generations," I'm not so sure they're the only ones who don't understand.  My 25-year-old niece doesn't get the hype, either.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Dani said:

Fair. I don't get the appeal of cinema's first sex symbol, Rudolph Valentino. I mean, he was certainly decent-looking, but.. really? This guy? This guy caused women to faint at the sight of him in movie theaters? The announcement of this guy's death (allegedly) drove some women to suicide? This guy has a "woman in black" bringing flowers to his grave to this day, nearly a century after his death?

Rudolph_Valentino.jpg.534c42b4339e7fa04cbe5e7de3b27853.jpg

I guess one had to be there. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Wiendish Fitch said:

Fair. I don't get the appeal of cinema's first sex symbol, Rudolph Valentino. I mean, he was certainly decent-looking, but.. really? This guy? This guy caused women to faint at the sight of him in movie theaters? The announcement of this guy's death (allegedly) drove some women to suicide? This guy has a "woman in black" bringing flowers to his grave to this day, nearly a century after his death?

Rudolph_Valentino.jpg.534c42b4339e7fa04cbe5e7de3b27853.jpg

I guess one had to be there. 

He doesn't do anything for me either, but I think a big part of his appeal at the time was the types of roles he was cast in, more than his specific looks. He touched off a lot of hand-wringing about masculinity because he was depicted as an exotic dandy pretty boy, and a lot of his female fans specifically focused on how romantic his character was with love interests. Granted, I stole this from Wikipedia, but women interviewed at the time said, he "puts the love-making of the average husband or sweetheart into discard as tame, flat, and unimpassioned."

That was just something that wasn't seen in other films at the time. Put in that context, I don't think his fandom is all that surprising or different from ones we have now and is less about him than his persona. The debate around him actually reminds me of a discussion we were having in the Unpopular Opinion thread about modern-day pretty boys in which some of us were baffled by the hype and others were big fans. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Regarding "other generations," I'm not so sure they're the only ones who don't understand.

Absolutely. My mom grew up surrounded by peers losing their mind over Elvis and thought it was ridiculous. Tale as old as time.

I more meant that the celebrities that are significant in our formative years often creates a bond that defies logic. My 20 year old niece once has an hilariously knee jerk defensive reaction to me suggesting Harry Styles wasn’t the right fit for a certain role. I feel irrationally defensive of New Kids on the Block songs even though I can barely see what the appeal was at the time. 

Styles specifically also really tapped into to something many young kids needed as gender identity has been involving over the last decade. 

1 hour ago, Dani said:

I more meant that the celebrities that are significant in our formative years often creates a bond that defies logic

My formative years was Shaun Cassidy briefly then the Brat Pack.  If I see something with Shaun from that time I think what was I thinking. At least when I watch Brat Pack movies I think yeah I would still sleep with some of them.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, kiddo82 said:

In completely opposite news, SMG and Freddie Prinze Jr. are celebrating 20 years.  I have to admit I did not see that one coming.  And neither did Howard Stern.  If I was Sarah I wouldn't let Stern forget his inaccurate prediction either.  Good for them for proving many of us wrong.  

Pay up, Howard! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 10
On 9/1/2022 at 11:29 AM, SnapHappy said:

And most importantly, he's NOT telling others how to live theirs.  

Who is, though?

On 9/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Leo has become the living embodiment of Matthew McConaughey's character from Dazed and Confused he just waits until the women are 20ish.  I can't read it as creepy because it's not like he is waiting for a particular young woman to reach the age of consent like Dane Cook.  He has a type and chooses his latest partner from a very select pool. I also don't think he necessarily breaks up with each woman because she's turned 25.  The type of relationship a man in his 40s has with a 21-24 year old is only going to last so long on each side.  I don't think any of his girlfriends thought they would be different and somehow make Leo commit. They know the relationship has an expiration date going in and are fine with it because they are young and have time to find "the one" later.

Ha! I was on the verge of posting “I get older, they stay the same age!” 🤣 Funny but incredibly creepy. 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Dani said:

I understood the appeal of the heartthrobs from generations before mine, for the most part. It’s some of today’s heartthrobs I just don’t get. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

If he doesn't care than what does it matter if people recognize a pattern?  Maybe it's because of what the Leo chart looks like but it's hilarious that all 8 of his know girlfriends in the past 24 years have basically been between the ages of 20 and 25. 

erdv3yn78d941.png

People might think it's just a transactional type of relationship.  The women get whisked around the world and he gets to date models.  But it stands out to me because he's not just dating younger, he's dating women in a certain stage of life.  And he's keeping them around until they basically grow out of that state.  The early 20s are when people are building their careers and are impressed by success. It can feel flattering to be complimented by that.  It's also the stage when women can feel pressure to be the "cool girl"   It's a stage where they might go out to dinner with an older boyfriend, prefer red wine but defer to him when he says only fools would drink red wine with fish even though they just don't care for white.

Not everyone feels this pressure but whenever I look at men who exclusively date much much younger women, especially in those years, I do reach a judgment about why they're choosing them.  They choose them because they're less likely to raise a fuss when you want to bring you boyzzz on all your romantic vacations with you.  (And no, I'm not insinuating anything about his sexuality.)

Not really.  He's not their pattern; they're his.

But the pattern is 25 years old next year.   He might break up with it.

And just IMAGINE what people would say about a 50 year old woman who only dated men 25 or under. 😳 

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I agree.  If it's a catharsis they need, then let them vent to a psychologist/psychiatrist.

The exact same thing could be recommended to their mother. 

After all, it is HER behavior that has prevented them from having normal childhoods thus far.  So many celebs with so many kids we never hear about in gossip columns because their parents behave like grown adults.  Sure there are plenty of freak parents too. 

Most teens don't HAVE to do interviews defending their own mothers so the media will stop speculating on her mental problems.  They are the KIDS, they shouldn't have to shield her.

• Applause 4
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Actor Jane Fonda announces she has non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma; is undergoing chemotherapy.

I was just coming to post this.  I love that, like when Julia Louis-Dreyfus shared her cancer diagnosis with the public, Fonda acknowledged the privilege she has in access to treatment:

I’m also lucky because I have health insurance and access to the best doctors and treatments. I realize, and it’s painful, that I am privileged in this. Almost every family in America has had to deal with cancer at one time or another and far too many don’t have access to the quality health care I am receiving and this is not right.

I'm glad to hear she's tolerating chemo well so far, and is thus able to continue her climate activism.

• Like 1
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

The exact same thing could be recommended to their mother. 

After all, it is HER behavior that has prevented them from having normal childhoods thus far.  So many celebs with so many kids we never hear about in gossip columns because their parents behave like grown adults.  Sure there are plenty of freak parents too. 

Most teens don't HAVE to do interviews defending their own mothers so the media will stop speculating on her mental problems.  They are the KIDS, they shouldn't have to shield her.

She’s the one who is sick. Presumably, they are not. 

The whole Britney thing is a mess. The kids are defending their grandfather who just 2 years ago was accused of abusing Preston. And one of their complaints is Britney seeking validation from Instagram.Everyone on social media is seeking validation and attention at one point or another. It just reeks of the kids being manipulated by Kevin who seems to be looking for another form of income since the child support is ending soon. 
There is too many people with too many motives its hard to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to Britney. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

. It just reeks of the kids being manipulated by Kevin who seems to be looking for another form of income since the child support is ending soon. 
There is too many people with too many motives its hard to know what is fact and what is fiction when it comes to Britney. 

And you know this how?  Anybody who's privy to the financial and custodial agreements regarding these kids are NOT going to post in this thread, I guarantee.   Maybe payments don't end until they're 21, or have graduated from college. 

18 is not a magic cut-off age for the support of every child of divorced parents.  Some settlement agreements have other arrangements.  WE DON'T KNOW. 

But if money for Preston was cut off in 2 years when he turns 18, then where does he go?  Back to Britney's house for good?  Into the Army, maybe?  Does he go to college & live with Britney & her new husband?  Where does Jaden go?  Is the money split in half?  Does Jaden stay with Kevin?

NOBODY knows but those folks.  I'm no Federline fan, but the speculation about his intentions are just guessing. 

1 hour ago, AgentRXS said:

The whole Britney thing is a mess. The kids are defending their grandfather who just 2 years ago was accused of abusing Preston. And one of their complaints is Britney seeking validation from Instagram.Everyone on social media is seeking validation and attention at one point or another. It just reeks of the kids being manipulated by Kevin who seems to be looking for another form of income since the child support is ending soon. 

And Kevin is not helping his cause by running to The Daily Mail.  If there was some pressing reason why the boys just had to tell their side of the story (which I do not buy for one second), why speak to a tabloids?  

• Like 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

And you know this how?  Anybody who's privy to the financial and custodial agreements regarding these kids are NOT going to post in this thread, I guarantee.   Maybe payments don't end until they're 21, or have graduated from college. 

18 is not a magic cut-off age for the support of every child of divorced parents.  Some settlement agreements have other arrangements.  WE DON'T KNOW. 

But if money for Preston was cut off in 2 years when he turns 18, then where does he go?  Back to Britney's house for good?  Into the Army, maybe?  Does he go to college & live with Britney & her new husband?  Where does Jaden go?  Is the money split in half?  Does Jaden stay with Kevin?

NOBODY knows but those folks.  I'm no Federline fan, but the speculation about his intentions are just guessing. 

everything here is speculation. The poster never claimed to have inside information. 🤷‍♀️ That’s what we do here - speculate. 
Where will he go? IDK, but in my neck of the woods most kids leave home at 18, either to college or elsewhere. They work and support themselves. I’m sure Britney will be happy to pay for her sons’ college educations. I can’t imagine her paying Kevin anything after they hit 18. If they want to stay and continue living with their dad, that’s up to Kevin. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I like Harry Styles' music. Total earworms. That's what it is for me.

Same. I'm not stanning him i.e. following him on SM, swooning over his photo shoots and music videos or reading interviews he does. I simply listen to his music and that's it. Not all of it is great, but he does have quite a few tunes that are catchy and makes for great listening. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

The whole Britney thing is a mess. The kids are defending their grandfather who just 2 years ago was accused of abusing Preston. And one of their complaints is Britney seeking validation from Instagram. Everyone on social media is seeking validation and attention at one point or another. It just reeks of the kids being manipulated by Kevin who seems to be looking for another form of income since the child support is ending soon. 

I feel sorry for Britney most of all but I also feel sorry for the two boys. They were babies when the conservatorship was put into effect and don't know anything other than this. One of the children said the reason they didn't go to Britney's wedding because she didn't invite the entire family. Meaning Jamie Spears and Lynn Spears and Jamie Lynn and whatever Britney's brother's name is. K. Fed, et. all had fifteen years to frame the narrative to them the conservatorship was in Britney's best interest, is it really a surprise that's what they believe?

• Like 3
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I like Harry Styles' music. Total earworms. That's what it is for me.

4 hours ago, Enero said:

Same. I'm not stanning him i.e. following him on SM, swooning over his photo shoots and music videos or reading interviews he does. I simply listen to his music and that's it. Not all of it is great, but he does have quite a few tunes that are catchy and makes for great listening. 

4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Same here.  I also don't follow much of anything he does but think he's good looking and very charming.

I'm always in the minority on this, I don't like any of his music. I didn't understand why he was the most popular in 1D (HATED his hair), & he doesn't do a thing for me now. If I have MTV on (yes, I'm the person who still watches it), when his videos comes on, I mute them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

IMO, while Master Federline's airing more of the family's dirty laundry (with Mr. Federline's apparent approval if not at his behest) is frustrating and likely counterproductive,  it pales in comparison to the sad news that the nearly 85-year-old Miss Fonda is doing her best to somehow overcome  non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm always in the minority on this, I don't like any of his music. I didn't understand why he was the most popular in 1D (HATED his hair), & he doesn't do a thing for me now. If I have MTV on (yes, I'm the person who still watches it), when his videos comes on, I mute them.

I’m not sure I’ve even heard any of his music, lol. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Uh this is weird. I've never heard anything negative about Lisa Kudrow but according to Spencer Pratt she's awful:

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/02/spencer-pratt-bethenny-frankel-call-lisa-kudrow-the-worst-human/?_ga=2.202003093.545140307.1662081217-972973328.1615308047

I only know of Spencer Pratt and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup but isn’t his reputation that of being an asshole?

If entitled assholes think you are a horrible human being you are probably doing something right.

6 hours ago, AstridM said:

I’m not sure I’ve even heard any of his music, lol. 

Same.  I've heard the name, but I couldn't pick him out of a line-up, and have never knowingly heard one of his songs.  To see if, as is sometimes the case, I've heard a song on the radio several times and just never learned who it was by, I looked up "Harry Styles most popular songs" and fast-forwarded to the chorus of ten of them.  Nope, no recognition - and no interest in listening to any of them in full.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Dani said:

I only know of Spencer Pratt and couldn’t pick him out of a lineup but isn’t his reputation that of being an asshole. 

If entitled assholes think you are a horrible human being you are probably doing something right.

Yeah, I'm not going to read a tabloid to see what he said about her, but that's all I've ever vaguely heard of him, either, so I had the same reaction.

• Love 9