Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Right, so if there is a power differential of one parent imposing their will on the other rather than two people freely deciding to keep shitting out kids (despite the latter seeming to be the case if we take how they both publicly speak about their oversized family at face value), it would be in favor of the dude with an exponentially larger net worth whose physical self is unharmed by gestating, birthing, and nursing all these babies.

But some just want to ask what's wrong with her when they have yet another kid?  Even if they are suspected to be anything other than equally irresponsible morons, he's the one who should be on the hotter seat, not her.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

FWIW though the Baldwin version has been there's only been one surrogate, there's a rather interesting theory floating around the internet that Hilaria was actually only ever pregnant with the first kid and used surrogates for all the others--she only seemed to admit to the one when the timing of the birth was not something she could work around.

I tend to find these types of conspiracy theories patently ridiculous, but there are a lot of weird inconsistencies with her pregnancy pictures, including her pregnant belly looking like a box, dramatically changing size between days, and appearing to fall or even collapse. Honestly, as unhinged as she and Alec both are and considering she spent years faking her ethnicity and background, it would not surprise me at all if she has indeed faked multiple pregnancies. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, GaT said:

An "anonymous" tip that was sent into Deuxmoi, sounds like Will's PR team is working overtime

8i1ipjhobdq81.jpg

At what point can we stop perpetuating the idea that we know someone based on how they appear to be in public or even among close friends or family. Shit like that contributes to extremely unhealthy relationship dynamics. I watched a video with a therapist pointing out that the “justified protector” defense is harmful. 

Sabrina Williams, "estranged daughter of Richard", has proposed that WS should be stripped of his Oscar.  

She can think what she thinks, but for me that won't undo anything, and would only be symbolic.  He and we would still know that he won it.  Not sure that any punishment short of criminal entanglement would have any real meaning, and that is apparently off the table.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, GaT said:

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WOMAN???? You have 2 babies under 2 years old, & now you're knocked up again?  I think they're keep having all these kids for the attention.

Trying for a reality show now that the Duggers are gone?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Bastet said:

Right, so if there is a power differential of one parent imposing their will on the other rather than two people freely deciding to keep shitting out kids (despite the latter seeming to be the case if we take how they both publicly speak about their oversized family at face value), it would be in favor of the dude with an exponentially larger net worth whose physical self is unharmed by gestating, birthing, and nursing all these babies.

But some just want to ask what's wrong with her when they have yet another kid?  Even if they are suspected to be anything other than equally irresponsible morons, he's the one who should be on the hotter seat, not her.

I'm confused. Is there some kind of evidence that Alec is "making" Hilary keep shitting out babies? Outside of being a dude and automatically suspect, I mean. Was he publicly a weirdo before he married her and I just didn't notice?

45 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm confused. Is there some kind of evidence that Alec is "making" Hilary keep shitting out babies? Outside of being a dude and automatically suspect, I mean. Was he publicly a weirdo before he married her and I just didn't notice?

He has a pretty long history of aggression and assaulting people. I am not sure he was really as weird as he is now, but he's always been a problematic asshole. That being said, I don't think he's forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to do. A match made in hell. LOL

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sabrina Williams, "estranged daughter of Richard", has proposed that WS should be stripped of his Oscar.  

She can think what she thinks, but for me that won't undo anything, and would only be symbolic.  He and we would still know that he won it.  Not sure that any punishment short of criminal entanglement would have any real meaning, and that is apparently off the table.

I also don't think he should be stripped of his Oscar. Roman Polanski and Harvey Weinstein still got to keep theirs. I do think he should have been removed from the theater and not allowed to accept it in person after he hit Rock, but it's obviously too late for that. And I know they're discussing punishment related to his membership, such as expulsion or suspension, and I think that seems more appropriate than taking the Oscar from him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 20

The family of Bruce Willis has sadly confirmed that he has aphasia, a cognitive disorder.  There had been some rumors / tabloid articles about him having dementia since at least January 2021 (OK! article).

Via People: Bruce Willis Has Aphasia and Is 'Stepping Away' from Acting, Family Reveals

Bruce Willis is "stepping away" from acting after being diagnosed with aphasia.

The 67-year-old actor's family shared the news on Instagram Wednesday, writing alongside a photo of him on their Instagram feeds, "To Bruce's amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities."

"As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him," the caption added.

According to Mayo Clinic, aphasia "is a condition that robs you of the ability to communicate. It can affect your ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written." The group adds that the condition "typically occurs suddenly after a stroke or a head injury. But it can also come on gradually from a slow-growing brain tumor or a disease that causes progressive, permanent damage (degenerative)."

Here's the direct link to Emma Heming Willis's Instagram post (quoted in full below):  https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbu-T0VAukL/

To Bruce’s amazing supporters, as a family we wanted to share that our beloved Bruce has been experiencing some health issues and has recently been diagnosed with aphasia, which is impacting his cognitive abilities. As a result of this and with much consideration Bruce is stepping away from the career that has meant so much to him.
This is a really challenging time for our family and we are so appreciative of your continued love, compassion and support. We are moving through this as a strong family unit, and wanted to bring his fans in because we know how much he means to you, as you do to him.
As Bruce always says, “Live it up” and together we plan to do just that.
Love,
Emma, Demi, Rumer, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel, & Evelyn

Explanatory pages about aphasia: National Institute of Health (nih.gov) and Johns Hopkins

Edited by Just Here
formatting
5 minutes ago, Just Here said:

The family of Bruce Willis has sadly confirmed that he has aphasia, a cognitive disorder.  There had been some rumors / tabloid articles about him having dementia since at least January 2021 (OK! article).

Via People: Bruce Willis Has Aphasia and Is 'Stepping Away' from Acting, Family Reveals

Here's the direct link to Emma Heming Willis's Instagram post (quoted in full below):  https://www.instagram.com/p/Cbu-T0VAukL/

Explanatory pages about aphasia: National Institute of Health (nih.gov) and Johns Hopkins

Terribly sad.  I like Bruce so much.  The Razzies making fun of him for all of those movies last year now have a different vibe for sure.  I bet they kind of wish they hadn't done that list teasing him about his huge number of 2021 movies (I don't recall the Razzies ever doing that for one actor before), even though they had no way of knowing and I'm sure they felt that good-natured, funny Bruce would've gotten the joke.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Jaded said:

I never watched the show mentioned in this tweet because the promotion for it back then was laughingly bad. I was relieved to see someone else thought of it too with the Chris/Will incident being talked about as "The Slap".

I tried watching the Australian original once.  I hated everyone and wanted to slap the shit out of the kid myself.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

The Slap used to be a segment on the Hollywood Prospectus podcast in the Grantland days. It was hilarious even if you didn't watch. Though I fell off their new podcast pretty early on because they were watching so many shows that I was never going to watch and unlike The Slap, they didn't assume that no one was watching and recap accordingly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Just Here said:

How awful. My first thought is that certainly puts a different spin on his being being kicked out of a store for not wearing a mask last year. It definitely makes me reevaluate. 

4 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I'm confused. Is there some kind of evidence that Alec is "making" Hilary keep shitting out babies?

Of course not; it's all right there in the post.  I said if someone is going to figure, all evidence to the contrary, they're somehow not equally irresponsible morons, it's odd to assume she's the one imposing her will on him. 

• Love 6

2 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

Terribly sad.  I like Bruce so much.  The Razzies making fun of him for all of those movies last year now have a different vibe for sure.  I bet they kind of wish they hadn't done that list teasing him about his huge number of 2021 movies (I don't recall the Razzies ever doing that for one actor before), even though they had no way of knowing and I'm sure they felt that good-natured, funny Bruce would've gotten the joke.

Kind of like Chris Rock telling a joke about Jada Smith possibly not knowing she had alopecia, isn't it?

16 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Of course not; it's all right there in the post.  I said if someone is going to figure, all evidence to the contrary, they're somehow not equally irresponsible morons, it's odd to assume she's the one imposing her will on him. 

She doesn't have to impose her will, she just doesn't have to use birth control. I'm not saying he had nothing to do with the decision, just that she actually has more control of the situation than he does. This makes me think of Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick.  They had two kids together & she wanted another one & he didn't. She got pregnant anyway & he was pissed about it (all info comes from watching KUWTK). He appears to love the kid now, but she basically took away his choice. I obviously don't know the details of Alec & Hilaria, I'm just saying that since she's the one who gets pregnant, she has more control than he does, even if he thinks he has an equal say.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, GaT said:

I'm not saying he had nothing to do with the decision, just that she actually has more control of the situation than he does.

How?  If she wanted a metric shit ton of kids and he didn't, he could get a vasectomy, refuse to have sex with her unless they used some other form of birth control, or divorce her.  If he wanted more kids and she didn't, she could have her tubes tied (a far more extensive procedure than a vasectomy), refuse to have sex with him unless they used some other form of birth control, or divorce him (which would dramatically downgrade her financial situation).  That neither one of them has done any of those things and both appear in numerous "Babies, yay" posts and articles tells me they've made a joint decision to pop out babies left and right.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 19

Oh, jeez, I saw a picture of Bruce Willis and a young brunette and thought it was one of his daughters with Demi Moore, but it's his wife.  I'm not even going to look up their ages.

I also just noticed the statement was signed by, in order, his wife, Demi Moore, and the kids.  I think it's great how he and Demi are still family to each other, just no longer spouses.  I remember reading about them all living in one place in 2020, so COVID didn't keep the family separated.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Story coming out now is that Will Smith was asked to leave the premises after The Slap and he refused.

So the Academy is having having disciplinary proceedings against him.

• Useful 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if Bruce is in agreement or is resisting the step away from projects. 

Since the statement came from his family, and was not purported to be from him (via his own representation), I might suspect/ fear/ worry that cognitively, he is already no longer able to articulate an opinion on the matter.  Like, some stars who have faced challenging, dire or terminal diagnoses still are able to issue statements through their own representation, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

• Useful 2
26 minutes ago, Peace 47 said:

Since the statement came from his family, and was not purported to be from him (via his own representation), I might suspect/ fear/ worry that cognitively, he is already no longer able to articulate an opinion on the matter.  Like, some stars who have faced challenging, dire or terminal diagnoses still are able to issue statements through their own representation, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Unfortunately I thought the same thing when I saw the statement was from his daughter and his family, not him. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
17 minutes ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately I thought the same thing when I saw the statement was from his daughter and his family, not him. 

Me, too. Sadly I also wonder if the statement came because someone was about to expose the truth. Too often celebrities are forced to reveal personal details to get in front of a story the tabloids are about to exploit. 

38 minutes ago, Dani said:

Me, too. Sadly I also wonder if the statement came because someone was about to expose the truth. Too often celebrities are forced to reveal personal details to get in front of a story the tabloids are about to exploit. 

Ugh I hope that is not the case, but I could totally see that happening.

52 minutes ago, Zella said:

Ugh I hope that is not the case, but I could totally see that happening.

Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what happened. Page Six got an exclusive report with sources detailing just how bad it was up 3-4 hours after the announcement. Despicable. 

Will Smith Refused to Leave When Academy Asked Him to Leave Oscars

Sources who were present at the Oscars tell TMZ, the 2 Academy officials who told Will Smith to leave were David Rubin, the President of the Academy, and Dawn Hudson, the CEO. We're told they were "furious" at Will, and there was plenty of "yelling" and "heated conversations" backstage with Will's reps after the incident. As one source put it, the Academy officials were "apoplectic." We're also told they told him to leave shortly after the slap.

• Useful 9

Chris Rock briefly addressed the issue at his first stand-up show since the Oscars:

“Whoa, okay!” he exclaimed upon entering the stage in an all-white suit. The standing ovation from the crowd thundered on before Rock made another effort to get the ball rolling for the evening: “Yo, let me do the show!”

After a few more moments of applause, Rock immediately addressed the elephant in the room.

“How was your weekend?” he began, drawing a wave of laughter. “I don’t have a bunch of shit about what happened, so if you came to hear that, I have a whole show I wrote before this weekend. I’m still kind of processing what happened. So, at some point I’ll talk about that shit. And it will be serious and funny.”

An audience member then chanted “Fuck Will Smith!” before Rock continued.

“I’m going to tell some jokes. It’s nice to just be out,” he said before beginning his material.

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Dani said:

How awful. My first thought is that certainly puts a different spin on his being being kicked out of a store for not wearing a mask last year. It definitely makes me reevaluate. 

Yeah, I know Bruce Willis has been known to be a bit of a jerk on occasion, but even that seemed so out of character at the time—though he did apologize afterward. So if aphasia was a factor in that incident, then it’s definitely more understandable.

And it does also explain why he and his wife were quarantining with Demi and the kids. He supported her when she went to rehab, so of course she’s going to help him. He needs all the support he can get.

God, just thinking about this reminds me of Robin Williams and his Lewy body dementia. Different diagnosis, yes, but awful all around.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 12

My guess, as a neurologist but without knowing his case other than the what is reported is he has primary progressive aphasia, a dementia specifically affecting speech. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

I was thinking that another reason Bruce and Demi quarantined together is that often taking care of someone with dementia becomes an overwhelming burden on one caretaker. Having another set of eyes and ears on him was probably useful.

So sad. I've known quite a few people whose parents had early-onset dementia and nothing is quite as horrible, simply because it goes undiagnosed for so long bc people don't associate someone that "young" losing his faculties.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

100 points to Gryffindor!

I especially love the "dramatically bored" part because I feel that it is a bit of shade on all the celebrities whose statements about being so traumatized just strike me as overly dramatic.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how I wish I could give an even better icon than the heart shape for this one.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

100 points to Gryffindor!

I especially love the "dramatically bored" part because I feel that it is a bit of shade on all the celebrities whose statements about being so traumatized just strike me as overly dramatic.

The Office Reaction GIF
Daniel Radcliffe summed up my feelings perfectly. Love him.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Scary stuff about Bruce's condition.  I will delete if I'm reposting in error.  

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-03-30/bruce-willis-aphasia-memory-loss-cognitive-disorder

It's not the focus of the article, but I'm now very curious about Willis' "handler".

The saddest anecdote (emphasis added):

Concerned about Willis’ mental state, [director Jesse V. Johnson] said he approached the actor’s team — which is led by his assistant-turned-handler Stephen J. Eads — and bluntly asked about the actor’s condition.

“They stated that he was happy to be there, but that it would be best if we could finish shooting him by lunch and let him go early,” Johnson recalled of the conversation. Filmmakers proceeded to quickly film the actor’s parts, even as Willis questioned where he was: “I know why you’re here, and I know why you’re here, but why am I here?” two crew members said he asked aloud.

“It was less of an annoyance and more like: ‘How do we not make Bruce look bad?’” one of the crew members said. “Someone would give him a line and he didn’t understand what it meant. He was just being puppeted.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Just Here said:

It's not the focus of the article, but I'm now very curious about Willis' "handler".

The saddest anecdote (emphasis added):

Ref.  Willis’s handler.  I don’t know exactly the extent of Willis’s cognitive decline, but I do know how often with that condition, the person resists advice or warnings about their abilities.  If their judgment is impaired, nothing you say can change their mind.  It’s very frustrating.  Unless, the person has been found to be legally incompetent, your authority over them is limited. With the loving family that Willis has, I wonder what they thought of him continuing to work when he was not able.  Also, wouldn’t the production company require a physical for insurance purposes?  Hmmmm….

• Love 7
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Unless, the person has been found to be legally incompetent, your authority over them is limited.

I would think the gun firing incident could have (and maybe was) at least used to keep guns out of his hands.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Peace 47 said:

The announcement itself said that the aphasia caused 'cognitive issues' which seems to me to mean that, at the very least, he cannot express himself in a meaningful way.  The most severe forms of aphasia include losing the ability to understand speech of others.  His family must be devastated if this is happening.

I had a friend who had a brain tumor and developed an expressive aphasia.  At first, he would just use the wrong word, something that happens to a lot of us,  He might say 'table' when he meant 'chair'.  Eventually, he was unable to find words to speak in complete sentences, he spoke in kind of a shorthand.  At the end, he really couldn't speak, but just nodded, grunted or occasionally spoke an understandable word, usually one that had no relation to what he meant to say.  He seemed to understand conversation ok, he did 'forget' how to read.  His frustration at not being able to express even the smallest idea was just heartbreaking.