Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

She didn't destroy other people though. She destroyed herself. She's not going to make it and I wouldn't be surprised if she's taken off life support in the next few days. 

Yes she was reckless and didn't make good choices. But she's about to die an agonizingly painful death. I feel like she's suffered enough.

The way various sites report her condition makes me wonder….when they say Anne is  in a coma and fighting for her life….Is that accurate?  Is she in a medically induced coma, which is done for medical reasons or has she suffered catastrophic brain damage and is not capable of waking up?  If they aren’t aware of the specific medical situation, I wish they wouldn’t make comments like that, unless they really know.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PepSinger said:

Neither have I. I don’t see why this has to be so black and white. I can feel terrible about Anne Heche succumbing to her disease (addiction), the fact that she’s suffered THIRD degree burns, and the now likely probability that she may die. I can also feel terrible about the house she destroyed, and the people that lost their house and belongings. She is probably going to pay for this accident with her life; do people really need her to suffer more consequences?

Yes, I can have empathy for the victims and for her at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

has she suffered catastrophic brain damage and is not capable of waking up?

The reporting gives me this impression rather than a medically induced coma, but I don't know what information they're operating from.

I have a distant cousin who sustained burned lungs due to a house fire last year, and he lived longer than expected but ultimately passed away from his injuries a few months later. I can't remember if they put him in a medical coma or not. 

• Sad 15
2 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Yes she was reckless and didn't make good choices. But she's about to die an agonizingly painful death. I feel like she's suffered enough.

I don’t know how painful her situation is right now considering she’s in a coma. I doubt she’s even aware of her condition where she could register and respond to what her body is experiencing.

2 hours ago, Zella said:

The reporting gives me this impression rather than a medically induced coma, but I don't know what information they're operating from.

Wasn’t it reported that she lost consciousness after being loaded into the ambulance and has since not awakened? Based on this I assumed she was in a coma due to injury and that it was not medically induced. 

2 hours ago, Makai said:

I don’t think that anyone is saying that it gives her that right or that she’s not at fault. I feel compassion for her because the price she is paying right now is steeper than what fits her actions. There is a very good chance she will not survive and if she does will have lasting consequences. If she survives I imagine the tone of the press will change and become more critical. For the moment there’s really no point when she’s not even conscious. 

I don’t think it’s about how steep the price should be for her choices. The fact is this is life, you make a bad choice and a very bad result may be the consequence. That’s the risk you take when high and driving. Same with drinking and driving. Do people who make those choices “deserve” to die…my thought is what they deserve goes out the window when they make a choice where death (or killing someone else by accident) can be the result. This makes me think about that rapper Juice WRLD. Apparently he didn’t want to get caught with drugs when his plane landed in Chicago (there were illegal drugs and weapons on the plane and apparently that info had been reported to the FAA and federal agents were waiting for the plane to land so that they could search it), so word is he took an unusual amount of prescription drugs, pretty much swallowed a whole bottle of opioids. He almost instantly OD’ed and later died at the hospital. Did he deserve to die? Absolutely not. He was just a kid. But he made a very bad choice and the consequence of that choice was death. What he deserved left the room when he took all those drugs in one sitting.

I do feel bad for Anne’s children because they are young. One is still a minor I think. And of course the woman who lost her house and all her possessions. But I’m indifferent to Anne. I’m just relieved she only hurt herself in this accident, and no one else was injured or killed.

Edited by Enero
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 8
16 minutes ago, Enero said:

Wasn’t it reported that she lost consciousness after being loaded into the ambulance and has since not awakened? Based on this I assumed she was in a coma due to injury and that it was not medically induced. 

Yes that was what I had read, and I agree it doesn't sound like a medically induced coma. But I also can't remember where I read it or what sources were cited, so I'm not 100% sure on accuracy. 

• Love 1

https://people.com/tv/anne-heche-suffered-severe-brain-injury-not-expected-to-survive-rep/ Not a medically induced coma. They are basically holding on to see if any of her organs are viable enough for donating.

I am sorry her life ended this way. We are more than our worst mistake. I am sorry her boys have to say goodbye to her like this, especially Homer who may very likely have to deal with any potential lawsuits against her estate. It’s sad for all involved.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18
19 minutes ago, Enero said:

I don’t think it’s about how steep the price should be for her choices. The fact is this is life, you make a bad choice and a very bad result may be the consequence. That’s the risk you take when high and driving. Same with drinking and driving. Do people who make those choices “deserve” to die…my thought is what they deserve goes out the window when they make a choice where death (or killing someone else by accident) can be the result.

That’s not what I meant. I wasn’t talking about if she deserved what is happening at all. What she is experiencing right now are the consequences of her actions and she earned those consequences. 

What I meant is that if she had gone through the criminal justice and received the death penalty everyone would think that it wasn’t a just penalty. Since the price she is paying is much higher than any she would receive I just don’t see any point in focusing on that aspect. I would rather focus on compassion for everyone involved. Particularly since she’s can’t hear what is being said. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

Jane Lynch comes to mind with her tweet from a few weeks ago complaining about how "annoying" some womens' voices sound on podcasts and that women should consider modifying their voices to sound "better."  

I agree in a sense. There are jokes about having a "face for radio" but now that podcasts are so huge, EVERYONE who records themselves should really work on making their voices palatable if they aren't already easy to listen to. It should be part of the job like training your singing voice or elocution for actors. I can't even begin name all the men with horrible vocal fry. And thank goodness for the more professional setups where the sound engineers somehow stop the audio from spiking with all the shouting. 

But anyway, twitter is bad. We shouldn't have encouraged celebrities to post their every random thought and continually heaped praise on them. A blunder is almost inevitable.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, AgentRXS said:

https://people.com/tv/anne-heche-suffered-severe-brain-injury-not-expected-to-survive-rep/ Not a medically induced coma. They are basically holding on to see if any of her organs are viable enough for donating.

I am sorry her life ended this way. We are more than our worst mistake. I am sorry her boys have to say goodbye to her like this, especially Homer who may very likely have to deal with any potential lawsuits against her estate. It’s sad for all involved.  

I'm sorry too. What a sad and painful ending. I'm sorry for her and for her sons. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I feel for her boys what a terrible way to lose a parent. I hope they have good supports systems behind them as they will certainly need it. I hope when its time the doctors can make it as peaceful and painless as possible for her.

That said this was 100% preventable. Had she not allegedly drove with substances in her or got a ride ,surely she could afford a driver or uber or lyft etc. Hell even if she just stayed at the scene instead of illegally driving off after hitting a garage of a apartment complex we wouldn't be having this conversation. It was pure luck she didn't kill anyone on the street or in that house. Somebody lost there home and everything inside it and two kids are about to lose their mom because off her reckless actions.

• Sad 6
  • Love 10

I recall that Miss Heche made a lightweight rom-com  with Harrison Ford  Six Days, Seven Nights (1998), she was interviewed and made the point of saying that when her character appeared to have been aroused (on screen) that that was ONLY because Miss Heche's then-companion Ellen DeGeneres was visiting the set. At the time, I thought it was TMI and wondered why she felt the need to claim that. However, with all these allegations of Miss DeGeneres possibly not having been the most positive companion possible to Miss Heche, I'm now wondering if Miss Heche may have made that claim at least partially to placate Miss DeGeneres so the latter wouldn't think Miss Heche may have possibly gotten smitten with Harrison Ford or anyone else besides herself. 

Regardless, it appears that Miss Heche has had little if any peace in her life and even though I don't think that her troubled childhood,adulthood,etc. gave her any right to have put all those innocents on the street (and in the house) in harm's way and should have opted to call a ride or stayed home instead of getting behind the wheel in that altered state, I'm still sorry that this has happened to her AND feel even worse for her sons and the poor soul who lost the home she'd been living in as a result.

• Love 17

Going back to Britney and Kevin -- BOTH parents need to keep their arguments over their kids OUT of the media -- social, traditional, whatever.   The boys, however they feel about either parent, do not need this being played out in public.

Brit and Kevin don't have to like either.   She dumped his ass via text while he was in Vegas for a reason.   But they do have to be civil for the sake of their kids.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, aradia22 said:

I agree in a sense. There are jokes about having a "face for radio" but now that podcasts are so huge, EVERYONE who records themselves should really work on making their voices palatable if they aren't already easy to listen to. It should be part of the job like training your singing voice or elocution for actors. I can't even begin name all the men with horrible vocal fry. And thank goodness for the more professional setups where the sound engineers somehow stop the audio from spiking with all the shouting. 

But anyway, twitter is bad. We shouldn't have encouraged celebrities to post their every random thought and continually heaped praise on them. A blunder is almost inevitable.

The issue though is who defines "palatable"? what does it even mean exactly?  Like you said, everyone and their brother has a podcast, so why should a woman (and Jane was speaking about women here) change her voice in order to sound "better" when Jane can just choose not to listen to that particular podcast instead of one of the many other ones on similar topics.  I know things like upspeak and vocal fry set off a lot of people, but for others we do not notice it.  I personally do not understand what vocal fry is and why it has been deemed bad, and I really do not care to research this.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, aradia22 said:

EVERYONE who records themselves should really work on making their voices palatable if they aren't already easy to listen to. It should be part of the job like training your singing voice or elocution for actors.

I really disagree. The onus shouldn’t be on the person to change their voice when no one is forcing other people to listen. The podcasts with voices that really irritate me have been very popular ones so other people apparently do not have a problem with it. I just stop listening.

I would agree they should work on being clear and easy to understand but they shouldn’t be responsible to change their voice to suit other people’s personal tastes. 

1 hour ago, supposebly said:

A century of shrill. How technology was optimized for lower voices.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/a-century-of-shrill-how-bias-in-technology-has-hurt-womens-voices

Jane Lynch might want to read a bit about this. Just one of the many things that weren't designed for women.

Not just the technology, but when I was a Broadcast Journalism major in the 80s, the lower register, talking in modulated deeper tones with specific pauses and elongation of certain words was a cadence that was actually taught.  If you live in a non-national broadcast market, and you watch your local news and have a younger reporter who is often sent to do  location/stand-ups .. they tend to be fresh out of J-School the voice affectation is really noticeable -- in both genders, but mostly in females.

nvm.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Encapsulates my thoughts 

My son struggled with addiction and thankfully has been clean for 10.5 years.  Was Anne Heche wrong for driving under the influence?  Yes.  Should we have compassion for her because she was under the influence due to her addiction?  I think so.  She didn't set out to hurt anyone. The same cannot be said for some other events involving vehicles over the past few years.  

• Like 1
  • Love 20
56 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure that it matters, but reports say that Hesche never regained consciousness after the car crash, but this on the scene photo appears to show her in a seated position on the stretcher as she’s being put into the ambulance.  If unconscious, she wouldn’t be able to sit upright…..perhaps, the photo is distorted.  

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/05/anne-heche-crashes-car-home-burned-fire/

According to the firefighters she was alert and talking when she was rescued but lost consciousness shortly after. Local news stations were live when she was rescued and the photo is accurate. She suddenly sat up as she was being loaded into the ambulance. 

3 minutes ago, Dani said:

According to the firefighters she was alert and talking when she was rescued but lost consciousness shortly after. Local news stations were live when she was rescued and the photo is accurate. She suddenly sat up as she was being loaded into the ambulance. 

That’s amazing.  Just wondering how  brain damage would allow for that.  Regardless, a terrible tragedy all the way around.  

• Sad 4
26 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That’s amazing.  Just wondering how  brain damage would allow for that.  Regardless, a terrible tragedy all the way around.  

If I'm not mistaken smoke you inhale can sometimes cause more damage after the initial inhalation.  At least that was what happened to Jack on This is Us.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

I'll just point out that dumping someone via text would be considered a really crappy move if the genders were reversed... but that's also why Sara Gilbert didn't get much traction pointing out to her female TV co-hosts and audience that them getting giddy and laughing at the report of a man being mutilated by his girlfriend was wrong because it wouldn't be considered funny if it were a man to a woman. 

Phil Collins was eviscerated back in the 90's for supposedly dumping his wife via fax.  It was well before social media, but he was vilified for ages and it was only part of the story.  She already knew about the impending divorce, so the faxes weren't just out of the blue, merely paperwork.  

These stories always have more sides & facets than are revealed to the public.  Hence the reason they're called "personal" by the actual people involved. 

But these days, the public generally thinks anything that interests them is automatically THEIR business.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

I'll just point out that dumping someone via text would be considered a really crappy move if the genders were reversed... but that's also why Sara Gilbert didn't get much traction pointing out to her female TV co-hosts and audience that them getting giddy and laughing at the report of a man being mutilated by his girlfriend was wrong because it wouldn't be considered funny if it were a man to a woman. 

I think the circumstances of it matter. Just out of the blue texting someone to dump them, garbage. But if that person is being papped cheating on you while you're at home with a newborn and they aren't answering the phone when you call, it's much more forgivable. And I think that's true regardless of genders. If you publicly make a fool out of your partner, I think the consideration they owe you in ending the relationship goes down dramatically.

(And because it's part of the quote, there are no circumstances that make mutilation okay.)

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I'm seeing reports that have come in within the last hour that Anne Heche has been officially declared brain dead.   I didn't see many of her shows, but I do remember watching her in Volcano and was struck by how beautiful she was. Her beauty was almost ethereal with her pale skin and blonde hair, yet she was able to believably play a tough character. 

I feel bad for her and her loved ones.  Had she survived, I'd have supported charges against her (I'm sorry her kid has to follow up on everything accident related that comes his way now) and I'm glad no one else was physically hurt, but I'm also sad about how her life turned out. They're not mutually exclusive feelings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

If a male celebrity dumped his wife via text after she left him at home to care for their 3-week-old child while she partied with male strippers in Vegas, I suspect that not only would he be celebrated as Father of the Year, the woman would be eviscerated to pieces publicly and repeatedly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The issue though is who defines "palatable"? what does it even mean exactly?  Like you said, everyone and their brother has a podcast, so why should a woman (and Jane was speaking about women here) change her voice in order to sound "better" when Jane can just choose not to listen to that particular podcast instead of one of the many other ones on similar topics.  I know things like upspeak and vocal fry set off a lot of people, but for others we do not notice it.  I personally do not understand what vocal fry is and why it has been deemed bad, and I really do not care to research this.  

Exactly I'm not bothered by vocal fry I think people talk the way they talk. I have a voice that's higher pitched I'm sure someone would complain about it if I were on Jeopardy. I think people need to be more tolerant.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, kathyk24 said:

Exactly I'm not bothered by vocal fry I think people talk the way they talk. I have a voice that's higher pitched I'm sure someone would complain about it if I were on Jeopardy. I think people need to be more tolerant.

Higher pitched and vocal fry are very much different things. 

• Love 4

I believe that all of life is performance. Very little comes "naturally." And for people whose job is performance, I'm of the opinion they should work on their craft. I do think things like improv and the democratization of access (e.g. blogs, youtube, Tiktok/social media, etc.) have created a mindset shift but standards and hierarchies aren't inherently bad. And vocal quality is just one aspect of audio performance along with energy, preparation, a general mindfulness/thoughtfulness, etc. I do respect that disability and neurodivergence can complicate this, but that's generally not at issue. To me, across performance spaces, there's a lot of self-indulgence. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Author Salman Rushdie is undergoing surgery after being stabbed on stage as he was being introduced for "a discussion of the United States as asylum for writers and other artists in exile and as a home for freedom of creative expression" in New York.  Rushdie was stabbed at least once in the neck and at least once in the abdomen, according to police.  Staff and audience members rushed the attacker and a state trooper took him into custody.  A doctor in the audience rendered aid until EMTs arrived.  The moderator was also attacked; he was treated for a facial injury and released.

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 21

Rushdie update:

Salman Rushdie is on a ventilator, unable to speak, and may lose an eye, his agent told Reuters and the New York Times.

“The news is not good,” Andrew Wylie, Rushdie’s agent, said Friday evening. “Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged.”

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 23
14 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Going back to Britney and Kevin -- BOTH parents need to keep their arguments over their kids OUT of the media -- social, traditional, whatever.   The boys, however they feel about either parent, do not need this being played out in public.

Brit and Kevin don't have to like either.   She dumped his ass via text while he was in Vegas for a reason.   But they do have to be civil for the sake of their kids.

All of this makes me feel sorry for Britney's kids.  It appears that neither their parents nor stepparents put their well being ahead of their own petty concerns.

It seems to me that Brittney is not cut out to be a mother, it's not a crime, a lot of people aren't meant to be parents.  i think it may be, at least in part, because her own parents were not good at parenting, either and she had no decent role models.  It makes me sad to know that she has announced repeatedly that she is desperately attempting to get pregnant and have another child.  I don't think her mental health is the reason she isn't a good mother, I think she just doesn't have the ability to put the needs of another ahead of her own.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, PepSinger said:

Encapsulates my thoughts 

OTOH, maybe at least one if not hundreds of folks  (  who'd have otherwise gotten behind the wheels of vehicles in 'tipsy', intoxicated, drugged,etc. states of mind ) will from this point on consider   these news and sad fates of Miss Heche, her sons, and that poor soul who'd lost her home in the aftermath  and call for other folks to give them rides!

No, I'm not saying Miss Heche or anyone else deserves to die under the influence. However, maybe her fate will somehow be wakeup calls for many! 

Edited by Blergh
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Blergh said:

OTOH, maybe at least one if not hundreds of folks  (  who'd have otherwise gotten behind the wheels of vehicles in 'tipsy', intoxicated, drugged,etc. states of mind ) will from this point on consider   these news and sad fates of Miss Heche, her sons, and that poor soul who'd lost her home in the aftermath  and call for other folks to give them rides!

No, I'm not saying Miss Heche or anyone else deserves to die under the influence. However, maybe her fate will somehow be wakeup calls for many! 

Agree! Especially if Family and Friends are secretly struggling. An intervention of any kind might be helpful.

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2022 at 4:26 AM, patriciahelenkit said:

the fact Heche is female is playing a big part - compare how Jim Morrison is valorised for his drug addiction and Janis Joplin is not.

Maybe by some folks who somehow find frat boy antics cool and/or admirable but NOT by me and others who've had to deal with the shadowside of those who've gotten in rather unpleasant if not openly hostile and or abusive states due to them getting in intoxicated states! I recall watching the Doors movie (1991) starring Val Kilmer and feeling sorry for everyone ELSE surrounding him during those times (his longtime companion Pamela, fellow bandmates and even some random middle-aged fellow plane passenger literally caught in the middle of a boorish and obnoxious interchange Mr. Morrison  was depicted as having in flight,etc.). Yes, it seemed that the movie were trying to make the case of him evidently having been a tortured, troubled genius who the audience was supposed to admire but the ONLY positive emotion I felt was pity that he'd wrecked his life and talents at such an early age (and, though the movie seemed to avoid the issue, Mr. Morrison had had rheumatic fever which had already taxed his heart in his youth). As for the late Miss Joplin, while I understand that she'd also had her excessive episodes, I can't help but think she far more intelligent than she let on but was haunted rather than it purely being wanting to use substances to attempt to live it up. Even her latter 'Pearl' persona seemed more of a protective attempted shield than a pure desire to become a hippie-esque cross between W.C. Fields's and Mae West's  personae.

Edited by Blergh
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

I wonder what that's about? Did Mr. Toobin entirely on his own decide this or did CNN get enough flak from viewers, advertisers,  etc. over having him resume his duties (instead of giving qualified applicants a chance to do Mr. Toobin's work) after having broadcast something viewers, by and large, hadn't tuned in to view that the big wigs insisted he do so 'for the good of the company'?And why did this happen now instead of immediately after the decision was made to put him BACK on the air?

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

For me, Jeffrey Toobin will forever be synonymous with Sara Haines completely losing it over his, ahem, predicament:

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

the fact Heche is female is playing a big part - compare how Jim Morrison is valorised for his drug addiction and Janis Joplin is not.

I don’t know, the more I read about Jim Morrison over the years the more I was convinced he was a narcissistic asshole. I never felt the same way about Janis.  

4 hours ago, Blergh said:

Maybe by some folks who somehow find frat boy antics cool and/or admirable but NOT by me and others who've had to deal with the shadowside of those who've gotten in rather unpleasant if not openly hostile and or abusive states due to them getting in intoxicated states! I recall watching the Doors movie (1991) starring Val Kilmer and feeling sorry for everyone ELSE surrounding him during those times (his longtime companion Pamela, fellow bandmates and even some random middle-aged fellow plane passenger literally caught in the middle of a boorish and obnoxious interchange Mr. Morrison  was depicted as having in flight,etc.). Yes, it seemed that the movie were trying to make the case of him evidently having been a tortured, troubled genius who the audience was supposed to admire but the ONLY positive emotion I felt was pity that he'd wrecked his life and talents at such an early age (and, though the movie seemed to avoid the issue, Mr. Morrison had had rheumatic fever which had already taxed in his youth). As for the late Miss Joplin, while I understand that she'd also had her excessive episodes, I can't help but think she far more intelligent than she let on but was haunted rather than it purely being wanting to use substances to attempt to live it up. Even her latter 'Pearl' persona seemed more of a protective attempted shield than a pure desire to become a hippie-esque cross between W.C. Fields's and Mae West's  personae.

Some of the differences in perception between the two can be chalked up to very shallow people who judge them on their appearances. IMO anyone who knows their histories knows that Jim was awful.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

I love Jim Morrison's music, but every account I've ever read of him makes it pretty clear that he was a really unpleasant asshole in person. To the point that Janis Joplin allegedly cracked him over the head once with a whiskey bottle. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 7

Yes, according to several outlets and a statement from Michelle Branch herself, Michelle Branch and Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney have split after three years of marriage. And according to TMZ, Branch was arrested on Thursday at around 2 a.m. after police arrived at her home to investigate a “possible domestic disturbance.” According to the court documents obtained by TMZ, Branch allegedly slapped Carney, who had no visible injuries, "one to two times.” She has reportedly since been released from custody.

The couple share two children: a six-month-old and a four-year-old. Their split comes after Branch alleged Carney had cheated on her in a now-deleted tweet, writing, “Just found out my husband cheated on me with his manager Haley McDonald from Full Stop Management while I was home with our 6 month old daughter.”

In a statement sent to People and Us Weekly, Branch asked for privacy. “To say that I am totally devastated doesn’t even come close to describing how I feel for myself and for my family,” she said. “The rug has been completely pulled from underneath me and now I must figure out how to move forward. With such small children, I ask for privacy and kindness.”

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/michelle-branch-patrick-carney-alleged-cheating-divorce-arrest-slap

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, patriciahelenkit said:

Lynn Mishele will one day get a new house and new mementos. Anne cannot return from the dead.

1 hour ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

While I agree with this, I will say this seems like a oversimplification of the situation she finds herself in. She is homeless and lost everything. If she’s busy dealing with this, how can she work, so she’s probably losing money every day, if not risking losing her job because she can’t show up. It’s doubtful any insurance/ lawsuit against Ann’s estate, will make her fully whole, so she will be in debt, if not outright poverty, for a while. She may never get out of that. Hopefully she has support, people she can stay with, but even that will have limits and risk straining those relationships if they have limited resources to help. That’s not even touching the emotional trauma of the whole situation. It’s a tragedy Anne had such a hard life and an early death, but let’s not underplay the mess she left behind that will take people years, if they can ever, to come back from.

The only reason Anne is dead is because of choices she made. She's the one who got high & decided to drive. She's the one who drove down that street at incredibly fast speed without  regard for anyone else's safety. She's the one who crashed & then left the scene of the accident, & she's the who crashed into a house, setting it on fire & destroying it & someone else's life. I absolutely refuse to to treat Anne like a victim in this situation, what happened to her as a child does not excuse what she did now.

I feel terrible for her family, especially her 13 year old son, I feel terrible for the poor woman & her pets who lost their home & possessions (it's more than just "mementos"), I even feel terrible for the child that Anne was, but I absolutely refuse to think of Anne Heche as a victim in this situation. She's the perpetrator, she is the only one responsible for ending her life.

• Applause 9
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

While I agree with this, I will say this seems like a oversimplification of the situation she finds herself in. She is homeless and lost everything. If she’s busy dealing with this, how can she work, so she’s probably losing money every day, if not risking losing her job because she can’t show up. It’s doubtful any insurance/ lawsuit against Ann’s estate, will make her fully whole, so she will be in debt, if not outright poverty, for a while. She may never get out of that. Hopefully she has support, people she can stay with, but even that will have limits and risk straining those relationships if they have limited resources to help. That’s not even touching the emotional trauma of the whole situation. It’s a tragedy Anne had such a hard life and an early death, but let’s not underplay the mess she left behind that will take people years, if they can ever, to come back from.

A major oversimplification…and I think anyone who has lost their house would hesitate to refer to memories lost as mere “mementos”. 

The fact is, we shouldn’t minimize this woman’s situation.  Even though Anne died, this woman has her own mountain to climb now. 

Edited by Sarahsmile416
  • Applause 3
  • Love 19