Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Tom Hiddleston I thought was attractive until I saw him as Loki. That kind of killed any appeal he had for me. I'm fickle and greasy emo doesn't do it for me. lol

This was me for a very long time.  I'd see people swooning over him and the Gucci ad article from TLo that  @Zella references had me howling.  I know I added a snarky comment about it.  I just never saw the appeal.

But then I am a Zawe Ashton stan.  Loved her way before I even knew who Tom Hiddleston was.  SM stalking their relationship has made him a lot more attractive to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Tom Hiddleston I thought was attractive until I saw him as Loki. That kind of killed any appeal he had for me. I'm fickle and greasy emo doesn't do it for me. lol

For me, the fact he looks good grungy and can "clean" up well is the appeal. Most of my celebrity crushes resemble this. 🤷🏾‍♀️

All subjective...

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Same deal with Tom Hiddleston who in pictures honestly sometimes looks like he should be living circa 1820 during the Industrial Revolution in England in a too cold flat and is suffering from consumption. 

That might be the single greatest "looks like a guy who..." submission I've ever heard.  

I think Chris Hemsworth is legitimately funny.  He has great timing.  When he's not being Thor I'd rather see him try straight comedy than stupid Netflix action movie.   Evans is charming AF and I think he's a guy who's just easy to like.  And he's willing to try something against type as seen in Knives Out.  Chris Pratt to me is good at what he does well and not much else.  If you need a guy who can give you a spectrum of doofus frat boys then he's your man.  The problem is when that grows old I don't know that he can bring anything else to the table.  Chris Pine is....also a white guy named Chris.  I thought he was pretty good in Into the Woods and looked like he was having fun playing all haughty and melodramatic.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm the one who said "generically attractive," and when I said it, I didn't mean to call into question any of their handsomeness. Of course every one of them has some feature that will make them stand out to someone. I just meant that they're all for the most part considered good looking, and that they all have the same basic characteristics making them the sort of stereotypical attractive white guy: light hair, light eyes, tall, muscular. If any one of them attacked you, the whole rest of them would be in the lineup.

I think the most attractive faces are either very generically attractive or distinctive. If these men were not famous, I think they would just be the normal kind of generically attractive you get from most people at acting auditions or modeling casting calls. To me, super generically attractive is like Henry Cavill. Just a stupid amount of facial symmetry and very open, average features. There was some study about how the face most people prefer is the one that is a composite/average of all the faces. A Paul Newman face. A face that's hard to exaggerate into a caricature. Then there are all the distinctive faces that have "character" because a feature seems out of proportion or the eyes are too close together or far apart, etc. I think in trying to find the "perfect" faces, Hollywood just gives us a lot of people in the middle whose faces aren't unusual enough to be distinctive but aren't perfect enough to be ideally beautiful. Of course, this gets more complicated with actresses as there's more casual plastic surgery (though, of course, men do it too, I think it tends to be more subtle and isn't striving for something specific like that Instagram model look). 

ETA: Also, let's be honest, the height and the gym bodies are doing a lot of work for Hollywood handsomeness. 

Edited by aradia22
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DearEvette said:

the Gucci ad article from TLo that  @Zella references had me howling. 

I sometimes quote it to my dog. The fact I'm not wearing Gucci probably doesn't help and he's a Chihuahua with a bad case of preexisting resting bitch face, anyway, but his face is indescribable when I tell him "you haven’t told me what you thought of my slippers" and "It’s just that these boots make me feel so aggressive!" LOLOL

I vaguely knew who Tom Hiddleston was, but I didn't know anything about him until whatever that was with Taylor Swift. I don't even really think anyone's at fault for how big of a media circus that was, but it was just so embarrassing and over-the-top. I've never been able to take him seriously, though he seems like a perfectly nice man. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, aradia22 said:

ETA: Also, let's be honest, the height and the gym bodies are doing a lot of work for Hollywood handsomeness. 

Even though I joked about Hemsworth and really do find him extremely sexy, I get where you all are coming from and wanted to touch on this point in particular. 

A lot of people in general aren't necessarily attracted to the most breathtakingly beautiful faces out there.

I appreciate a genetically gifted guy, but I don't necessarily feel attraction toward men who are those perfectly symmetrical, doe-eyed dolls. 

And I think hair and gym bodies do a lot of work for Hollywood beauties.

When I think stunning and who I'd most want to trade looks with, it's Angelina, Adriana Lima, Aishwarya Rai, women like that. And while men do like them, they'll often drool even more over women who are simply okay facially but have blonde hair and nice bodies. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Divisive option; Adam Driver is ugly.

Not so divisive with me.  I do not think he is attractive at all.

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I appreciate a genetically gifted guy, but I don't necessarily feel attraction toward men who are those perfectly symmetrical, doe-eyed dolls. 

I think George Clooney is a very attractive man but I am not attracted to him at all.  He doesn't spark for me.  On the other hand  back in the day I found James Spader so hot even though I thought he was average looking.  Some men just ooze sex appeal and some don't. 

6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

When I think stunning and who I'd most want to trade looks with, it's Angelina, Adriana Lima, Aishwarya Rai, women like that. And while men do like them, they'll often drool even more over women who are simply okay facially but have blonde hair and nice bodies. 

Years ago at the height of the Angelina/Brad/Jennifer thing some talking head on some entertainment gossip show made the remark that Jennifer Aniston cleaned up well. Meaning she wasn't pretty unless some glam squad had made her pretty.   It should be noted that talking head wasn't all that pretty even with her hair and makeup camera ready.   I personally find Angelina striking, meaning you are going to notice  her, but I think Jennifer is pretty. 

In my own life for me to be attracted to a man he has to be able to  have intelligent conversations with me.  He needs to stimulate my mind as well as my body. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think George Clooney is a very attractive man but I am not attracted to him at all.  He doesn't spark for me. 

Same on Clooney (and not finding Driver attractive). 

I find many people very attractive, but I am not attracted to them for whatever reasons (that varies from individual). In the same vein, I am well aware that my tastes are mine alone and that many people I find attractive or I am attracted to (mark the nuance) may be at the other end of the spectrum for other people. 

Also, some people I was not attracted to may change. Ryan Reynolds was someone I was vehemently not celebrity crushing over until I saw him in more interviews. It wasn't until after Deadpool 2 was released, and because of interviews he gave, that I added him to my celebrity crush list.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think George Clooney is a very attractive man but I am not attracted to him at all.  He doesn't spark for me.  On the other hand  back in the day I found James Spader so hot even though I thought he was average looking.  Some men just ooze sex appeal and some don't. 

Adam Driver falls into the same category for me as James Spader did for you--unattractive but sexy. Another man who falls into this category is Jason Mantzoukas.  He's ugly but you just know the man has some serious skills in the bedroom.

Same thing for Clooney, handsome as hell but zero spark.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Robert Redford is the gold standard, but this is the picture that does it for me

image.thumb.jpeg.f21946a75a851bd975642f240383c61d.jpeg

In the sports world, I appreciate the extra attention God gave to Kevin Love.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e400754f4a936887d46b1c7cc377c08.jpeg

It is always the eyes and smile that get to me.

Edited by Crs97
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Hiddleston as Magnus Martinsson or no Hiddleston at all!

Almost....I'm in the Jonathan Pine/Thomas Quince/Andrew Birch preference society. 

Just the shots of him in his "war games" pullover, cargo pants & boots give me the EXTREME feels.

• Love 3

Yeah, there are lot of people (in fact, 3/4 of the Chrises) who I'm not into, but I can see why people are. Ryan Gosling is someone who I think is not good-looking but who I find very attractive.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Ryan Gosling is someone who I think is not good-looking but who I find very attractive.

I find Ryan Gosling attractive and I am attracted to him, and, for some reason, always compared him to Ryan Reynolds. As I said above, I have only recently been attracted to Reynolds.

I think Redford is attractive but I am not attracted to him. Newman, on the other hand, was everything. Although, I do prefer tall men.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

In the sports world, I appreciate the extra attention God gave to Kevin Love.

image.thumb.jpeg.2e400754f4a936887d46b1c7cc377c08.jpeg

It is always the eyes and smile that get to me.

Kevin is cute.  For me, Myles Garrett is the total package--great smile, a bit nerdy, and has a body that can support me 

image.png.a2b230a20d5ab34be0044a83841518c4.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

Years ago at the height of the Angelina/Brad/Jennifer thing some talking head on some entertainment gossip show made the remark that Jennifer Aniston cleaned up well. Meaning she wasn't pretty unless some glam squad had made her pretty.   It should be noted that talking head wasn't all that pretty even with her hair and makeup camera ready.   I personally find Angelina striking, meaning you are going to notice  her, but I think Jennifer is pretty. 

In my own life for me to be attracted to a man he has to be able to  have intelligent conversations with me.  He needs to stimulate my mind as well as my body. 

I feel like women are more objective. We can look at a celebrity and realize he's not the most classically handsome but has a nice body/oozes sex appeal. Men on the other hand will often swear average looking women are stunning if they're attracted to them. .

Me too. Kirk Cameron is a cute guy, but I could never. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I find Ryan Gosling attractive and I am attracted to him, and, for some reason, always compared him to Ryan Reynolds. As I said above, I have only recently been attracted to Reynolds.

It's because they're both named Ryan and they both have eyes that are too close together. I think Ryan Reynolds is "objectively" handsomer than Ryan Gosling, but I find Reynolds decidedly unattractive. 🤷‍♀️ I would not kick Gosling out of bed for eating crackers and have felt that way since Remember the Titans.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Kevin is cute.  For me, Myles Garrett is the total package--great smile, a bit nerdy, and has a body that can support me 

image.png.a2b230a20d5ab34be0044a83841518c4.png

If we are talking athletes Joe Burrows has entered the conversation.  I'm old enough to be his mother but he is just so damn cute and hot at the same time.

image.png.1bc02eef95406819eca14a03da036f02.png

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Adam Driver is a local boy, so he gets a sort of legacy vote from me.

For me, the standard by which all male sexyness shall now and forever be judged:

robert-redford-2.jpg

Yes!  Robert Redford and Marlon Brando (in his prime) are my all-time standards for male hotness.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I feel like women are more objective. We can look at a celebrity and realize he's not the most classically handsome but has a nice body/oozes sex appeal. Men on the other hand will often swear average looking women are stunning if they're attracted to them. .

Men are willing to overlook what might be a flaw if the woman has another feature that appeals to them.  Women see more than just the physical appearance of a man.  

11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Kirk Cameron is a cute guy, but I could never. 

He isn't as cute as he was when he was younger but he is the perfect example of ugly on the inside made them ugly on the outside. See also Ricky Schroder and Scott Baio.

I don't find either Ryan, Gosling or Reynolds super attractive.  They are attractive enough I wouldn't say no to what they were asking but I wouldn't seek them out.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Adam Driver falls into the same category for me as James Spader did for you--unattractive but sexy. Another man who falls into this category is Jason Mantzoukas.  He's ugly but you just know the man has some serious skills in the bedroom.

My list of not that attractive, but oozes sex appeal, includes Jeff Goldblum (although, I find him more attractive now than I did when he was younger) and Mark Ruffalo.

Honestly, there is no rhyme or reason to who I find attractive, although, I tend to lean slightly towards men with dark hair* (women, too, if we want to talk about girl crushes). Tall and lanky, muscular, nerdy, macho, etc.....I never know who's going to cause that spark for me.  I also have a number of celebrities that I find attractive, but they don't do anything for me (except maybe I enjoy their acting/singing etc.).

*Speaking of dark hair:

Sebastian-Stan.jpg.webp

This is the Chris Evans photo that works for me:

Chris-Evans-in-Gifted-2017-750x400.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)

I have a hard time telling Ryan Gosling and Ryan Reynolds apart. I, ahem, may have once complained about how meh I found Ryan Reynolds in The Notebook before being strongly and swiftly (and justly) corrected by the internet. LOL I've since discovered Reynolds has a pretty good sense of humor, but I still don't particularly find him attractive. 

Speaking of The Notebook, which I find a pretty shit movie, when it comes to sexy old-school Hollywood stars, I don't think it gets any better than James Garner. I used to deliver movies and books to our local nursing home, and one time the little old ladies who were always asking for movies told me they didn't want to see any more Doris Day but that more James Garner was very welcome. And I was like "He's very handsome, isn't he?" And they started giggling like teenaged girls. So, I hooked them up with The Rockford Files, and that was all they watched for weeks. 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Men are willing to overlook what might be a flaw if the woman has another feature that appeals to them.  Women see more than just the physical appearance of a man.  

He isn't as cute as he was when he was younger but he is the perfect example of ugly on the inside made them ugly on the outside. See also Ricky Schroder and Scott Baio.

I don't find either Ryan, Gosling or Reynolds super attractive.  They are attractive enough I wouldn't say no to what they were asking but I wouldn't seek them out.  

Yes, Scott Baio is a perfect example. A handsome guy but a bonehead. I am not familiar with Ricky, but I'll take your word about him.

I think they're both attractive, but I prefer Gosling. Probably a combo of my love of The Notebook and that he's more cute-handsome, which is my thing. He is charming and fun in interviews too. Not saying Reynolds isn't, haven't seen as much of him. 

sddefault.jpg

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Not saying Reynolds isn't, haven't seen as much of him. 

Honestly, I haven't either, but he won this 90s kid over by bringing back Rick Moranis. 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Zella said:

, I don't think it gets any better than James Garner.

William Devane did it for me.  He was old enough to be my father but there was something about him.  Armand Assante too.  I first saw him in Little Darlings and then a couple years later the miniseries Rage of Angels.   Devane had this Kennedyesque appeal to him and Assante had this dangerous vibe about him which made them both so hot to this teenage girl.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

A modern celeb I think is really handsome and it's not just his body or sex appeal is Zac Efron. If only I were short enough for him, or he were tall enough for me, and I had a shot in hell. 

Agree.  He was very cute in his "High School Musical" days, but he is maturing into a very handsome man.  It doesn't happen to all teen cuties, but he's got that thing going for him. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, janie jones said:

That's how I feel about Bruce Springsteen.

Ah Bruce....the deep voice...the genius lyrics...that head of hair he had back in the 70s...his showmanship on stage... I could go on.  Also that man is limber.

• Love 4
(edited)

Alan Rickman really did it for me after he was in "Sense and Sensibility". Then there is Jason Isaacs. He completely caught my attention in Harry Potter. I just had to forget his character in "The Patriot".

Edited by badhaggis
one more thought
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If I'm going Old Hollywood, I'm going to play for the other team.  How can you say no to Marlene Dietrich or Katherine Hepburn or Garbo or Josephine Baker?

I love Old Hollywood! The actresses of that time were more naturally beautiful, classy and glamorous all at once. These days even the most naturally beautiful women get nose jobs, lip injections, Botox when they're still so young. I'm not against getting work done, but I think it's a shame when natural beauty isn't cherished. 

A favorite of mine was Sharon Tate. She was stunning, and known to be a really kindhearted person too. 

gettyimages-73997659-1561135015.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, badhaggis said:

Alan Rickman really did it for me after he was in "Sense and Sensibility". Then there is Jason Isaacs. He completely caught my attention in Harry Potter. I just had to forget his character in "The Patriot".

I've long maintained that the fact that Isaacs could rock that Malfoy wig and not look like an afghan hound meant he should have been cast as the Mad King for any flashbacks in Game of Thrones. Obviously, they didn't listen to me, but in my head canon, he was it. 

As a kid, I remember watching The Patriot and thinking "That evil British dude is really hot. Does this make me a bad person?" LOLOL 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I'll see your picks and add Antonio Sabato, Jr., Ingo Rademacher and Steve Burton. Case closed.

My celebrity crush was Gregory Sierra of Barney Miller and Sanford & Son fame, plus he appeared in many movies and TV episodics. I read up on Mr. Sierra and was delighted to learn from some of his varied co-stars over the years (A Martinez, Sally Kemp, Dawn Lyn and Edward James Olmos, to name a few) that he was a sweet, kind, funny and outgoing man. I'm happy that I got to write to him and get his autograph before his passing in early 2021. 🙏💖

ETA: Sorry, @meowmommy, I didn't see your post before I posted!

gettyimages-472921894-612x612.jpg

Edited by Prairie Rose
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1

Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are each making a strong case for themselves in the best Chris battle. 
In press for the new Thor movie, Natalie Portman revealed that Hemsworth decided not to eat meat on days where they had a kissing scene because she’s a vegan. 

Evans responds to racists arguing that Anthony Mackie isn’t entitled to be Captain America. Also WTF Hollywood Reporter for giving that racist crap credence.

On 7/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, SnapHappy said:

I'm a massive Hiddleston fan, so I just can't understand how anybody can't worship him the way I do.....*LOL*

He's an interesting interview, and a good actor, but he does nothing for me at all.  But hey, that means one less person in the line. 😉

• Like 2
  • Love 4