Type keyword(s) to search

Who, What, When, Where?!: Miscellaneous Celebrity News 2.0

Message added by OtterMommy,

Please do not post only non-descriptive links to celebrity news stories.  Some context should be provided for your fellow members. Context may be as simple as a link that describes the story, or a line or two of text. Thanks.

• Start Topic

Of course he wasn't going to be quiet.

Thomas Markle Might Be The Only Markle At Jubilee, Calls Harry An Idiot

Thomas Markle frets he could be the only one in his family to attend the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebration in June ... and he has a theory ... calling Prince Harry an "idiot" for being controlled by his daughter.

Thomas told Dan Wootton on GB News Tuesday he'll be making the trek to London in June...  while he'd like to reconnect with his daughter Meghan and meet Harry and their children for the first time, he's convinced they won't be making the trip -- especially after they learn he'll be front and center.

I really don't understand how he thinks calling Harry an "idiot" is going to help him reconnect with Meghan. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16

It also sounds like he's traveling there on his initiative but seems to think that makes him an official representative of something? Every time he talks, I think he can't make any less sense, but then he always talks again and proves me wrong. 

• Love 15

He makes it sound like he was  invited to the Jubilee.   Also, he wants to reconnect with Meghan when there is no confirmation they and the kids will even BE THERE.   I think there are plans for the family stuff, but none of the OFFICIAL events since they aren't working Royals anymore.    Also the whole travel with small kids thing.

But you know the Markles have to do SOMETHING for attention every so often.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

He makes it sound like he was  invited to the Jubilee.   Also, he wants to reconnect with Meghan when there is no confirmation they and the kids will even BE THERE.   I think there are plans for the family stuff, but none of the OFFICIAL events since they aren't working Royals anymore.    Also the whole travel with small kids thing.

But you know the Markles have to do SOMETHING for attention every so often.

He also seems to think that if Meghan is there, she will want to reconnect with him on the spot. Despite his repeatedly being a complete and utter disappointment, to put it mildly. The best thing he could do would be to shut up and stay shut up, but a person like that is incapable of such a thing.

• Love 16
38 minutes ago, Anduin said:

He also seems to think that if Meghan is there, she will want to reconnect with him on the spot

Even though she is "controlling" and that is why Harry has not allowed Thomas to meet his grandkids.   Ummm............

But then logic was never his strong suit.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Even though she is "controlling" and that is why Harry has not allowed Thomas to meet his grandkids.   Ummm............

But then logic was never his strong suit.

His definition of controlling seems to actually be "my daughter won't let me manipulate her".  My heart bleeds for him.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, SusanM said:

His definition of controlling seems to actually be "my daughter won't let me manipulate her".  My heart bleeds for him.

“You’re controlling because I can’t control you” is right up there with “Stop being so selfish and do what I WANT you to do” in the abusers playbook. Self awareness is not their strong suit. 

On 4/26/2022 at 10:40 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Front and center? Man, pere Markle is delusional. Does he think he's going to have tea with the queen or something? Okey doke. 😂

Yes, he seems to think he'll be the guest of honor, on the balcony at the palace, and he'll be the center of attention.    He might notice that the guards around the family are carrying assault weapons, and every officer will have his picture to stop him and his despicable family members from approaching the Royals.   

Why hasn't someone in the immigration office banned him and his horrible offspring from coming into England?  There must be a way to do that.   If Thomas Sr., and the rest ever go near the house in California, I bet they won't like the police and security detail's response either.   

Thomas Sr seems to think that because the daughter is famous, that it makes him a celebrity.   I think it just shows the world what an awful bunch of people Thomas Sr, and Jr, and the half sister are. 

I still remember when Samantha tried to visit her long estranged sister, at Kensington palace.   Several sleazier papers covered every second of her attempt, and when she was told she was never getting admitted, she tried to give the guards a letter to Meghan.    Samantha went back to using Markle as her last name too.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 14

Also I normally love Kristen and Dax but I cringed my way through this video. The comment about therapy in particular just felt so tone deaf given how most non rich people can’t afford it. For a couple who pride themselves on being down to earth I felt they came off very “woke celebrity”. 

• Useful 3

Yeah... I don't disagree about the hard work and probably therapy that a lasting marriage can need, but no, everyone can't afford that.  Also, their baby stuff is cute, but still not all that accessible for everyone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

how hard was she dodging that the server felt they had to do it so publicly?

Yeah. If he did that and made it a choice, that's a jerk movie.  But if there are papers to serve to her directly and she's making it difficult for them to see her face-to-face to serve her, then eh. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, ouinason said:

That's just it though, he didn't serve them himself, a process server did.  He doesn't get to tell them where to serve them.  They work for the state or whatever, not JS.

And if a server is able to walk up to the front door, ring a bell and serve the papers, that’s what they’ll do. But if the servee is dodging them, that’s when they have to get creative. They’re not doing it for fun.

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, ouinason said:

That's just it though, he didn't serve them himself, a process server did.  He doesn't get to tell them where to serve them.  They work for the state or whatever, not JS.

The process server probably indirectly worked for him through the lawyers. There are reports that he didn’t know and wouldn’t have condoned it happening in public. 

1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

And if a server is able to walk up to the front door, ring a bell and serve the papers, that’s what they’ll do. But if the servee is dodging them, that’s when they have to get creative. They’re not doing it for fun.

I don’t understand the assumption she was dodging them. It seems unlikely that a stranger is going to be able to walk up to her front door and ring the bell. This was a high profile place where it was known well in advance she was going to be. 

17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Thomas Sr., and the rest ever go near the house in California, I bet they won't like the police and security detail's response either.   

probably why he is talking about going to the Jubilee to meet his grandkids.   He lives in Mexico, getting to California would be easier and more private.   But 1) he can't get attention for that and 2) he knows darn well he is won't get anywhere near them.    By announcing he is going to the Jubilee, he can then say "Oh Harry and Meghan decided not to come because I will be there."   Or if they do show up, he can say "Meghan made sure we were never in the same place."   Knowing he actually won't be allowed anywhere near ANYONE Royal.   This way he makes it about HIM without actually getting in trouble with security.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, ouinason said:

I had mine served by an honest-to-goodness Texas Ranger, in full dress boots, gigantic belt buckle and cowboy hat.  It was actually pretty cool, as I was living in Dallas. 

I ASKED my ex to have me served at work, as it was more convenient.  But I was amazed & had the receptionist at my office take a photo of us.  He looked like he stepped right off a movie set!  *LOL*

For celebs, I'd assume the attorneys probably get a list of probable locations from an agent & usually let the servers decide what's most convenient.  Who else would know exactly when she'd be there if Jason said he wouldn't approve that?  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

The attorney is not required to agree.   The client has to give permission for the attorney to accept service.   IF she was trying to make this difficult, she could have told her attorney they are not authorized to accept service.   Or maybe she didn't have an attorney.

Sometimes, you gotta serve 'em where you find 'em.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13
On 4/26/2022 at 11:43 PM, Zella said:

It also sounds like he's traveling there on his initiative but seems to think that makes him an official representative of something? Every time he talks, I think he can't make any less sense, but then he always talks again and proves me wrong. 

I'm sure Markle is traveling to London for the Jubilee because some tabloid is paying his way.  Just like his daughter, Samantha, got comped by a tabloid to go over for the wedding and managed to pose for pictures at the gates of Kensington Palace where she was turned away after presenting herself claiming to want to visit her half sister and fiance.  There'll be similar pics of Thomas posing in front of the hotel, Windsor Castle or Clarence House or wherever Meghan and Harry would stay should they choose to attend the festivities.  And, I am sure, if he were to somehow to get Megan to agree to meet with him; he would only do it with a photographer in tow to snap those all important photos to sell to the rags.  He's probably got a 7 figure offer if he can somehow pull off a pic with the faces of Harry and Meghan's children being revealed.

It's just another money-making opportunity for Markle.  I don't always feel a lot of empathy for Meghan and Harry, but, in the case of the BSC paternal line of her family, I do feel sorry for them that this pathology keeps getting media attention time after time.

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Sorry for a stupid question but what does custody papers actually mean? Is he seeking full custody? I would have though they'd have joint so why dodge?

It would mean that Sudeikis is calling for a change to whatever their current custody arrangement might be.  Since she is still in a relationship with Harry Styles, a Brit, it could be something as simple as Sudeikis wanted to be notified anytime the children are taken out of the country or to limit their visits to Britain to x number of days a year.

I don't know anything about Wilde or where she spends most of her time, but it could be, if she is spending a lot of time out  of the country, the process server doesn't have a specific US home address for her and decided to simply attend her next public appearance in the US.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It's just another money-making opportunity for Markle.  I don't always feel a lot of empathy for Meghan and Harry, but, in the case of the BSC paternal line of her family, I do feel sorry for them that this pathology keeps getting media attention time after time.

Back around the time of the wedding I had some sympathy for Thomas Markle as I thought his actions were being stage directed by the Insanely Jealous Samantha.  Now I've had to reconsider this - more and more it seems clear that they are a lovely pair of opportunists who thought they won the lottery when Meghan married Harry.  

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

The attorney is not required to agree.   The client has to give permission for the attorney to accept service.   IF she was trying to make this difficult, she could have told her attorney they are not authorized to accept service.   Or maybe she didn't have an attorney.

Sometimes, you gotta serve 'em where you find 'em.

Service is embarrassing and awkward. She's a famous person with a public schedule of appearances. She's easily found. Only an idiot or a masochist wouldn't arrange for her acceptance of service on a case like this. Of course she has an attorney of some sort, or even a call to her agent or PA would get her the info so she could grab any attorney licensed in the state to accept service for her.

It's the same thing as celebs turning themselves at police stations rather than getting arrested. These things get arranged in a 4 minute phone call. 

The service on stage was either a dick move by Sudekis or a dick move by his attorney. All around, just a dick move. 

I'm sort of throwing up in my mouth thinking about another high profile celebrity squabble over children. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

The service on stage was either a dick move by Sudekis or a dick move by his attorney. All around, just a dick move. 

If the rumors are true, that she cheated with Harry, that's a dick move on her part.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

If the rumors are true, that she cheated with Harry, that's a dick move on her part.

And compounding that with public humiliation is such a great move in a custody action. People can't claim to be on the high road unless they haul their asses up to the high road. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SusanM said:

Back around the time of the wedding I had some sympathy for Thomas Markle as I thought his actions were being stage directed by the Insanely Jealous Samantha.  Now I've had to reconsider this - more and more it seems clear that they are a lovely pair of opportunists who thought they won the lottery when Meghan married Harry.  

I still remember Markle Sr.'s photos for his 'candid' suprise photos from the tabloids, that were obviously posed, followed by his sudden announcement that he was too ill to walk his daughter down the aisle.   

Then, he claimed he had major heart surgery around the time of the wedding, but no hospital admission was ever proved, and you know the tabloid reporters used every method to confirm that.    If he had been in the hospital, then you know there would have been endless photos of him in the hospital, and stories about his heartless daughter not visiting him. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

Or they had trouble serving her and this was the only way to guarantee it.  Which, if she was making service difficult, would be a dick move on her part.  Who knows, though.  The only info we have is that Sudeikis says it wasn't his idea.

• Love 13

and it doesn't actually have to be malicious on either side, she just may not have been findable through happenstance.  Or the server was just too lazy to try the door knocking and went for a sure thing.

• Love 13
On 4/28/2022 at 2:34 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I can’t say that this is a surprise. I just hope the child is protected.  

https://people.com/parents/ant-anstead-files-for-full-custody-son-hudson-with-ex-christina-hall/

I bet one factor is that she apparently is spending a lot of time in Tennessee or maybe other places with husband #3.   Also, she announced that she smoked Toad Venom before she went on a date with the new guy, really illegal, and if she boasts about that, what else is she doing? 

From the articles, she currently has more visitation with the youngest boy, but doesn't use it.   

There was the golf cart video posted recently that was dangerous for the little boy.   I'm guessing some nice person will forward the golf cart incident to Ant's attorney.  

I've known quite a few people who couldn't move out of state, or out of reasonable commuting area, or the school commuting area (the older two kids both go to the same school I think, so it's easier if all three end up at the same one I'm betting), as long as the kids were minors.   I know the little one isn't going to be in school really, but it isn't that long until he will be.  From the article, she only has visitation with the older two for two weekends a month, so the schedule Ant requested is the same as the older kids.     

(So, apparently CH, or whatever her name is this month, only takes the boy for 9 days a month with the little boy in 2021, mostly nanny time, and 7 days a month in 2022).  

Ant doesn't want the little boy's face plastered all over articles, and TV, and commercials.   

A sad update from TMZ (yes, I know they go for the gutter version of everything) about the custody, the bid for less custody scheduled for her failed until a hearing in June.    The reasons Ant cites are pretty bad, and there's more with the golf cart incident that wasn't even included in this.  Bet the attorneys and investigators will get clips sent to them too. 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/04/28/ant-anstead-christina-haack-files-full-custody-bad-mom/

The nine days a month (averaging 7 days a month in 2022) isn't the custody schedule, it's the number of days Ant says she's been with their mutual child.     I was shocked to read in the second People article I pasted the link for, that the alternating weekends would match her schedule with the two older children with Tarek. 

https://people.com/parents/ant-anstead-primary-parent-son-hudson-since-christina-hall-divorce/

The sunburn issue cited is horrible.    The golf cart incident that wasn't in the People or TMZ article is awful.    The fact that she only averaged 9 days a month in 2021, and 7 days a month in 2022 is horrible.    Not telling Ant that the entire family was exposed to Covid, and then sending the little boy to his father's, was disgusting.  

Here's Christina whatever-her-name is this week's response to the filing.    It certainly isn't very good defense, and I bet her attorneys wish she would shut up.    She seems to think one People cover photo from awhile ago is the same as pimping your kids out on your TV show, and in multiple commercials.   

https://pagesix.com/2022/04/29/christina-haack-hits-back-at-ant-ansteads-false-allegations/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet one factor is that she apparently is spending a lot of time in Tennessee or maybe other places with husband #3.   Also, she announced that she smoked Toad Venom before she went on a date with the new guy, really illegal, and if she boasts about that, what else is she doing?  How is the father supposed to have equal time with his son, if the kid is always traveling out of state with the mother?    I've known quite a few people who couldn't move out of state, or out of reasonable commuting area, or the school commuting area (the older two kids both go to the same school I think, so it's easier if all three end up at the same one I'm betting).   I know the little one isn't going to be in school really, but it isn't that long until he will be.  

According to what I’ve read, the child is with the mother for 9 days a month anyway, so, this wouldn’t be a big change in time with the mother.  Plus, there seems to be a list of things that have risked the child’s health or safety that are of concern. I saw a questionable photo online recently with the child on a golf cart looking scared and unrestrained.  

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

According to what I’ve read, the child is with the mother for 9 days a month anyway, so, this wouldn’t be a big change in time with the mother.  Plus, there seems to be a list of things that have risked the child’s health or safety that are of concern. I saw a questionable photo online recently with the child on a golf cart looking scared and unrestrained.  

It's been known for years that Christina has multiple full-time nannies and that none of her kids spend much one-on-one time with her; especially since her divorce from Tarek.   I, too, heard that the baby was with her ex most of the time since the separation, that Christina sees him very little and, when she has him, there is virtually always a nanny present to care for him so that she is free to pursue other interests.  She does seem to be spending huge amounts of time in Tennessee these days, and, if she doesn't have access to full-time child care there, I'd be surprised if she takes the baby with her very often.  She seems to be far more invested in her various TV projects, hanging out with the most recent husband and getting her picture taken by the paparazzi.

From what I've heard, Ant is pretty hands-on with his son and, when the child is in his custody, Ant goes out of his way to be sure his well being comes first.  If Christina takes him only to palm him off on a nanny most of the time, I don't blame him for wanting full custody.  I'm sure Christina and her new hubby are already trying for another child anyway as she gets a lot of mileage from the press when she is pregnant.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Also, she announced that she smoked Toad Venom

Toad venom?????  Get out of my head, Delmar! ("We thought you was a toad").                                                                

Edited by MissAlmond
  • LOL 10

I read the Deadline article about the papers being served to Olivia Wilde.  And this quote caught me:

"With her personal life put suddenly on public display, the filmmaker continued addressing the audience "

Um. What?  What is this "suddenly" business?  The way that article reads, they seem to be projecting like her split from JS has been a quiet, private affair all along and that this is some sneaky thing on his part to catapult their split into the public. 

Also, her personal wasn't on display at that point.  Nobody knew what was in the envelope until later.

• Love 12

Re the Ant Anstead/Christina (now Mrs.) Hall custody case? I hope whoever is judging this is looking at ALL the evidence and decides what is truly best for that child and NOT just whatever has been hyped or spun.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of either the two formerly wed folks (and I don't consider either of them as having had the most flawless track record re being candid or discreet) but what I care about is how that child fares (and hopefully gets along with his half-sibs on both sides) regardless of his parents' previous/current/ future marital or romantic ties! 

• Love 5

I’ve read quite a bit of what Christina post and she seems extremely immature.  I’ve watched her for years on her flip shows, but she seems a lot different since her second separation. There should be plenty of evidence to show what’s going on with her, if they can’t work out a custody agreement.  Working it out is always a plus.  Of course, issues arise when a parent fails to use good judgment when the child is in their care.  It’s difficult to fix that.  Even parenting and safety classes won’t help with some people.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

The more I think about Olivia being served, the more I wonder why she opened the envelope onstage.  A stranger puts an envelope on a public stage while you are working and you decide you have to take it and open it right then?  What if it had been a script: was she going to sit down and read it aloud?   Maybe I’m unusually distrustful, but if I were a celebrity I would have stayed well clear of it and left it for security to deal with.  Her reaction is odd to me.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

The more I think about Olivia being served, the more I wonder why she opened the envelope onstage.  A stranger puts an envelope on a public stage while you are working and you decide you have to take it and open it right then?  What if it had been a script: was she going to sit down and read it aloud?   Maybe I’m unusually distrustful, but if I were a celebrity I would have stayed well clear of it and left it for security to deal with.  Her reaction is odd to me.

Because maybe it had a note that said, "your pants are unzipped." I'd open it. Also, everything is easier in hindsight. She may be the worst parent on earth, but I don't fault her for the service issue. 

Again, just another ugly public celebrity custody fight. Let me barf right now. 

• Love 4