Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The Buddy System

• Start Topic

Airs January 5, 2021

Wary of being alone in Charlotte, Whitney convinces Buddy to move in with her; with Buddy's new girlfriend taking up his time, Whitney finds herself lonelier than ever.

48 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Wary of being naked and  alone in Charlotte, TLC Whitney pays convinces Buddy to move in with her despite already living there; with Buddy's new anybody but Whitney girlfriend taking up his time, Whitney finds herself more obnoxious  lonelier than ever.

You should get a job as an editor 🙂

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

So......yet another episode with Buddy's name in the title.  The fact that he feels he has to be there for her or she'll go off the deep end  as she "faces the cruel world alone" just makes me laugh.  What a pathetic bitch.

..and they accuse Ryan of riding coattails 🙄

• Love 11

This is why Whitney is still hanging out with her high school friends-despite having such a fabulous life, she's really just a lonely, narcissistic, obnoxious person who is only tolerated by the people who have Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

And she literally does NO work, unless getting her pathetic life filmed counts.   Ditto Buddy.  For his sake I hope he just hangs around during filming season. 

Yes, Tal has become just totally insufferable.  

Ooo Whitney thinks she's gonna exercise and be badass.  😂😂.  She's threatening to move her body, watch out!!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Whitney's "engagement photos" looks like a regular snapshot of her ignoring Chase's personal space while he grits his teeth and thinks of his bar. 

Also, why TF didn't she start the fire on the pavement...?

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Hell, I've washed towels, cleaned the toilet, mopped the bathroom floor, eaten dinner and NOW! 45 minutes in, glass of wine in hand; I'm back to when I was a camp counselor in 1977.  I had a cabin of 10 seven year olds and they were discussing love.  " First, there's PUPPY love, then there's DOG love.  After that,there's BOY love and then... there's MAN LOVE...." BEST. JOB. EVER.

These people!  Talk about a bunch of dingleberries.  Get a tattoo Shitney.  Get a picture of a flying buffalo!  ON YOUR BIG GIANT ASS.... Ugh.

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Gawd! There's an hour of my life I will never get back. 

Thank goodness I was doing my drawing that DD and DGD & I exchange every day while this drivel was on... It is our way to stay in contact...

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me three weeks ago.  I have NO urges to burn pictures of him like a psycho but that is just me and my Mature Woman behavior.  This is definitely something I would have done at age 15, though.  

In my very early 20s I was into crystals and Wicca and New Age kinda stuff. I burned all the letters my BF of 3 years wrote to me as I believed they held negative energy and it was a nice way to ‘cleanse’ and move on ...though I don’t think this is what Whit was doing lol

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6

Hey! STOOPID BUDDY & SHITNEY!!! WHY don't y'all move to freaking Beaufort???  Get somewhere new in North Carolina??

Girl, get off this show. You make entirely too much sense with the whole codependency thing.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My boyfriend of two years broke up with me three weeks ago.  I have NO urges to burn pictures of him like a psycho but that is just me and my Mature Woman behavior.  This is definitely something I would have done at age 15, though.  

I am sorry to hear that 

• Love 4
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I am sorry to hear that 

Thank you.  Still recovering but I had a great turnout of support from a lot of friends so that actually felt really great!  I'm going to use this year to concentrate on myself and return all the love back to my friends.  

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Thank you.  Still recovering but I had a great turnout of support from a lot of friends so that actually felt really great!  I'm going to use this year to concentrate on myself and return all the love back to my friends.  

Wishing you all the best this year. What an amazing thought to actually return love to friends who care about you 😁

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Hell, I've washed towels, cleaned the toilet, mopped the bathroom floor, eaten dinner and NOW! 45 minutes in, glass of wine in hand; I'm back to when I was a camp counselor in 1977.  I had a cabin of 10 seven year olds and they were discussing love.  " First, there's PUPPY love, then there's DOG love.  After that,there's BOY love and then... there's MAN LOVE...." BEST. JOB. EVER.

These people!  Talk about a bunch of dingleberries.  Get a tattoo Shitney.  Get a picture of a flying buffalo!  ON YOUR BIG GIANT ASS.... Ugh.

I literally sat here and cut burrs out of my dog's fur. It was more riveting.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Am I the only one who had to rewind and rewatch Mt Whitney tripping and going down like a 10 ton sack of potatoes? I watched at least 10 times and couldn’t stop laughing. Even my dog found it hysterical. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

In my very early 20s I was into crystals and Wicca and New Age kinda stuff. I burned all the letters my BF of 3 years wrote to me as I believed they held negative energy and it was a nice way to ‘cleanse’ and move on ...though I don’t think this is what Whit was doing lol

Hell, I'm still into that stuff, but now I'm embarassed to be put in the same category as Whitney! 😁

And good Lord what is up with all the screaming? Every. Little. Thing.

• Love 4

That was the most boring and pointless half hour of TV I have ever sort of watched. (So many long commercials for the Discovery channel!) I used to say I watched this show because Whitney was such a powerful negative role model, especially when it came to fitness. I could actually push myself through tougher workouts by chanting "Whitney can't, but Ketzel can, Whitney won't, but Ketzel will" under my breath when I started to lag. But now she doesn't even try do anything. I could sit on the couch for two hours and only eat half a frozen pizza and I'd be way ahead of her activity level.

One thing did have me rolling my eyes hard (not including her repetition that she had stopped exercising because her doctor told her it was bad for her anxiety to exercise.) It was the sudden arrival of the chorus of agreement, led by Whitney, that she had no life in Charlotte outside of the work imposed on her by that bully Ryan. And that work could easily be done from anywhere! Wasn't that more or less what Chase was saying to her (barring the "Ryan is a bully" part) when she adamantly refused to even consider leaving Charlotte to live by the seaside with her fake fiance?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Whitney is an asshole but Buddy really sucks. Thank heavens Heather is out of the picture because she deserves so much better. I don’t know what horrible thing that Brittney did other than commenting that it was strange that he was waiting on Whitney hand & foot, but to make her sound like a nagging crone that he couldn’t wait to dump was very unfair.  How this filthy dirty, lazy,unemployed, substance abuser gets so many women is beyond me.  But he’s right, at 37 he should be more mature about dating & not hop into a relationship ( bed) with everyone he meets.  Meanwhile, Whitney you dumped all your friends AND Buddy &left town so you could be with the “Bros” so get off your high horse.

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

It was the sudden arrival of the chorus of agreement, led by Whitney, that she had no life in Charlotte outside of the work imposed on her by that bully Ryan. And that work could easily be done from anywhere! Wasn't that more or less what Chase was saying to her (barring the "Ryan is a bully part" ) when she adamantly refused to even consider leaving Charlotte to live by the seaside with her fake fiance?

That stood out to me too. Wasn't it just a few episodes ago she was all "I can't leave my fabulous life in Charlotte, even to move just a few hours away for the perfect baby making man", now she's got nothing here at all? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I was really feeling Buddy Boo Bear this episode but then of course he blew it. First he said he didn't want to move in with Whitney because he has a life in Greensboro. His own place, he's all settled in, he likes and needs his own space. Yay! He's going to stand up to Twitney! Then by the end of the show he said he doesn't like Charlotte but would move in with Whitney if she came back to Greensboro. Huh? What about your own space, being all settled, etc, etc....? Double talking moron. 

Again, we endure Tal the negative asshole but no sign of Todd at all. Who did Todd piss off? This show needs Todd. Badly. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, nytonc said:

Am I the only one who had to rewind and rewatch Mt Whitney tripping and going down like a 10 ton sack of potatoes? I watched at least 10 times and couldn’t stop laughing. Even my dog found it hysterical. 

You are not 😄 

And I hate to tell Lord and Lady Smug but now that Ryan is known by Whit's audience he doesn't need her for anything.  She still needs him to come up with workouts and recipes, as well as organize and do all the filming.  And I don't know what he was actually doing and whether it was unsafe or not, but expecting him to drop everything to "be there for Whitney" is just dumb for many reasons.  The most he could actually do is talk to her on Zoom like Tal and Heather are doing, and why should he if all she's going to do is act like a bitch to him?

When she was being a jerk to Buddy at the end I wanted so badly for a film of how she treated him at the beginning of the season (when she still thought the storyline was going to be her badass self dumping Chase at the altar) to appear on their tv 😄   Come on, production!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

God how manipulative of her with Buddy when she wanted him to move in with her. (The conversation outside at the lake.) The face, the tears... so awful.

I do like her hair though. Much better without extensions.

5 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

So......yet another episode with Buddy's name in the title.  The fact that he feels he has to be there for her or she'll go off the deep end  as she "faces the cruel world alone" just makes me laugh.  What a pathetic bitch.

They must have offered Buddy a huge raise to break up with his girlfriend and go back to Boo Bear status.  Ugh!  And Whitney passive aggressively bullying him to move in with her makes me loathe her even more.  And she just had to call Heather to let her know she and Buddy were yet again getting matching tattoos.  I for the life of me don't understand why Heather remains friends with that ball of suck. 

And Tal is so stupid!  Of course Ryan makes money from his association with Whitless.  She also makes money from her association with him.  So what's your point idiot?  It's called a PARTNERSHIP!  The purpose is to make money.  What a doofus!  Plus there's no doubt who is doing the majority of the work and it sure as hell isn't Whitless!

Edited by swankie
Clarification
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, princelina said:

When she was being a jerk to Buddy at the end I wanted so badly for a film of how she treated him at the beginning of the season (when she still thought the storyline was going to be her badass self dumping Chase at the altar) to appear on their tv 😄   Come on, production!

You are my people. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Whitney normally irks me to know end but she took the cake tonight. She spewed that Brittany could "suck her ****" because the girl dared to be annoyed that her boyfriend played caretaker to Whitney.  Such vitriol! It was almost comical.  She didn't pop off that hard when her "fiance" cheated and fathered a gorgeous little girl  but death to Brittany for thinking her fat ass should make her own salad?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13

Why is it when these people want to move, all of a sudden their lease is up?  It may be just coincidence but I thought Buddy gave the reason of his lease coming up to move in with Twit.  How convenient. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Their friendship with Whitney is so odd. She’s like the rich grandma that everyone has to tip-toe around, making sure not to upset her, or they’ll be cut out of the will (show.) And she knows it, and uses it to manipulate them. Buddy will never turn down the chance to live rent-free, but is at least insisting it be in Greensboro. The others, I’m struggling to find what they get out of this  ‘friendship’ other than a paycheck because Whitney is blatantly mean to them. She called Heather to rub her face in the tattoo thing, Not to make sure she was ok with it. She actually looked disappointed that Heather didn’t remember the goose and get immediately hurt about it. Then, Heather saw she wasn’t playing her role correctly, and drummed up some outrage for Grandma’s ego stroke.  How they stayed friends for decades before this show, I’ll never understand. She’s emotionally abusive to them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Hell, I'm still into that stuff, but now I'm embarassed to be put in the same category as Whitney! 😁

And good Lord what is up with all the screaming? Every. Little. Thing.

Some of my close friends are Wiccan so I try to still somewhat follow so I can buy them appropriate gifts.  I don't think we can equate that to Whit screaming lol ...remember when she wanted to convert to Judaism regardless of whether or not things worked out with Avi? What happened to that? She is like a child with a different 'hobby' every month or so... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Reminder: I just started watching this show this season. I want to know why Whitney moved to Charlotte in the first place? If no friends, relatives,  or fake fiances live there, why does she?

The bald-faced contradictions were insulting to the audience; one minute, Whitney is in a talking head reminding us that the doctors told her that working out could trigger her panic attacks🙄, and the next minute, she's on Zoom (or whatever) with Jessica, enthusiastically agreeing when Jess says that working out could 'help' with her panic attacks. ???? And doesn't Buddy know that we can go back and hear him committing to moving in with Whitney in Charlotte? His attempts to 'um, er' his way out of that were pathetic. 

Whitney moved lke an 80 year old when she got up from that chair at the park/lake. After she tripped, I was frustrated that the editors didn't get their mean girls on, and show us Mt. Whitney having to (laboriously) roll over and get up on her hands and knees to rise from the dirt. I lol'd when Buddy reached out his tiny paw to 'help' her get up; I guarantee he would have ended up on top of her on the ground. I will give her a little credit for bursting out laughing; I would have expected her to turn it into an attempt to get sympathy (and a few more months avoiding working out).

I agree with everyone who commented that watching these people is like being back in middle school. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, nytonc said:

I lost my beloved 15-year-old chihuahua on New Year's Eve (the cruelest event for me in the godforsaken 2020).  

The clip of Whitney tripping and falling was the only thing that has made me actually laugh since then.  

I hope someone makes it a GIF.  

• Love 2

So we got to see and hear the people behind the cameras twice in this episode.  The first time when Buddy came outside to get his stuff from Britney a camera person said "There's Buddy"  and then "Hi" directly to him and he didn't respond.  He looked to me like he had blood or a very new bruise on his face.  When he was upstairs unpacking his things his face looked fine and he was wearing different clothes. 

Then we saw the camera guys when Twit and Buddy were arguing about him moving in with her.  That was an amazingly unflattering angle they filmed her from, her stomach looked massive.  I'm not sticking up for Twit but Buddy did say he would move in with her in the last episode.  But now that he broke up with his girlfriend he no longer has any desire to be there so  he's pretending he didn't say that.  (He's a uuuuuser just like Mohamed).  

Twit rubbing Heather's face in her and Boo Bear's "couple's tattoo".   Loved Heather's "Don't get covid at the tattoo parlor".  

That was it, a big bag of nothing,  the whole episode was Twit talking on the computer to friends , and her and Buddy going back and forth about the same freaking topic they've been talking about for the last 3 episodes.

Next week Jessica makes an appearance and she and Twit are doing something with kiddie pools? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I lost my beloved 15-year-old chihuahua on New Year's Eve (the cruelest event for me in the godforsaken 2020).  

The clip of Whitney tripping and falling was the only thing that has made me actually laugh since then.  

Im so sorry for your loss. My fur baby has been everything during this pandemic. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Their friendship with Whitney is so odd. She’s like the rich grandma that everyone has to tip-toe around, making sure not to upset her, or they’ll be cut out of the will (show.) And she knows it, and uses it to manipulate them. Buddy will never turn down the chance to live rent-free, but is at least insisting it be in Greensboro. The others, I’m struggling to find what they get out of this  ‘friendship’ other than a paycheck because Whitney is blatantly mean to them. She called Heather to rub her face in the tattoo thing, Not to make sure she was ok with it. She actually looked disappointed that Heather didn’t remember the goose and get immediately hurt about it. Then, Heather saw she wasn’t playing her role correctly, and drummed up some outrage for Grandma’s ego stroke.  How they stayed friends for decades before this show, I’ll never understand. She’s emotionally abusive to them. 

Whit is very emotionally abusive. Remember when Whit kissed Buddy right after his bad break up with Heather? Remember the tell all where she held Buddy’s hand and flat out told Heather that Buddy only dated her because Queen Whit wasn’t available? Remember how she moved Buddy in and lied to Heather? I hope Heather is just following her contract at this point, she mentioned other friends during conversations so hopefully she has a much more fulfilling life. Now they are all trash talking Ryan and throwing him under the bus. You don’t need to have contact with Ryan...do a split screen you lazy slag.  Also, didn’t you just go on vacation at a lake? Pot meet kettle. That business would have made zero cash without him. Buddy, Whit and Tal deserve each other.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
28 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. 😔

• Love 2