Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: The Buddy System

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why is it when these people want to move, all of a sudden their lease is up?  It may be just coincidence but I thought Buddy gave the reason of his lease coming up to move in with Twit.  How convenient. 

Then earlier in the episode he said his lease was coming up, he wanted to renew the lease because he liked living in his own space in Greensboro. Make up your mind, freeloader!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why is it when these people want to move, all of a sudden their lease is up?  It may be just coincidence but I thought Buddy gave the reason of his lease coming up to move in with Twit.  How convenient. 

And that was right after she said her lease was almost up and she wanted to move back to Greensboro.  I found the whole thing confusing until I remembered that it's all fake 😄 

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Reminder: I just started watching this show this season. I want to know why Whitney moved to Charlotte in the first place? If no friends, relatives,  or fake fiances live there, why does she?

In order to film 5 half-hour workouts a week, plus a fifteen minute cooking segment, with her business partner Ryan 🙄. Or because she needed a new "storyline for her show 😄 

1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

Next week Jessica makes an appearance and she and Twit are doing something with kiddie pools? 

When they talked about it on Zoom I thought, "Please, production, don't make us watch that."  But scenes from next week show that they can't read my mind 😫

• Love 2

I want to know why Whitney moved to Charlotte in the first place?

I am not entirely sure but I believe she went there to "work" with Ryan. Then COVID came and they figured out they don't actually have to be in the same place to run a web-based business...

• Useful 1

As someone who has long believed that Ryan and Chase cooked up the idea of the grand romance between Twit and Chase for a small amount of publicity for their businesses this might seem like a contradiction. However, I think that Brittany was hired by Pilgrim Media to play the role of Buddy's girlfriend for a short time and to elicit organic reactions of jealousy from Twitney.  Production is familiar with her feelings for Buddy and her enmity toward his girlfriends. She did not disappoint. I think it was a genius move to cast someone who resembled WWT but was opposite in almost every way e.g. not morbidly obese, appropriate, clothed, personable etc.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I lost my beloved 15-year-old chihuahua on New Year's Eve (the cruelest event for me in the godforsaken 2020). 

@Persnickety1 I am SO SORRY.  I know what that feels like.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I want to know why Whitney moved to Charlotte in the first place?

I am not entirely sure but I believe she went there to "work" with Ryan.

Not to belabor the point, but are you saying that Ryan does live in Charlotte? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I lost my beloved 15-year-old chihuahua on New Year's Eve (the cruelest event for me in the godforsaken 2020).  

The clip of Whitney tripping and falling was the only thing that has made me actually laugh since then.  

I hope someone makes it a GIF.  

I am sorry for you loss. I know from experience how hard this is. ( hugs)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

So we got to see and hear the people behind the cameras twice in this episode.  The first time when Buddy came outside to get his stuff from Britney a camera person said "There's Buddy"  and then "Hi" directly to him and he didn't respond.  He looked to me like he had blood or a very new bruise on his face.  When he was upstairs unpacking his things his face looked fine and he was wearing different clothes. 

Then we saw the camera guys when Twit and Buddy were arguing about him moving in with her.  That was an amazingly unflattering angle they filmed her from, her stomach looked massive.  I'm not sticking up for Twit but Buddy did say he would move in with her in the last episode.  But now that he broke up with his girlfriend he no longer has any desire to be there so  he's pretending he didn't say that.  (He's a uuuuuser just like Mohamed).  

Twit rubbing Heather's face in her and Boo Bear's "couple's tattoo".   Loved Heather's "Don't get covid at the tattoo parlor".  

That was it, a big bag of nothing,  the whole episode was Twit talking on the computer to friends , and her and Buddy going back and forth about the same freaking topic they've been talking about for the last 3 episodes.

Next week Jessica makes an appearance and she and Twit are doing something with kiddie pools? 

Yea the red on his face was odd. 

whit called Heather immediately in order to make her jealous over the tattoos. The goose is an odd choice considering it sounded like it was more of a joke between Whit and Heather and Buddy was just in the room. Whit was embarrassed and infuriated that Buddy embarrassed her in front of Heather since the whole purpose of the call was to prove to Heather how close they are. That bitch is still bitter that Heather had a relationship with him and is still trying to hurt her because of it. Besides the COVID comment (which is a swipe at her hypocrisy) I also loved it when she said “ it seems you guys aren’t so close after all. Maybe you shouldn’t live together.” Whit was seething!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Whit is very emotionally abusive. Remember when Whit kissed Buddy right after his bad break up with Heather? Remember the tell all where she held Buddy’s hand and flat out told Heather that Buddy only dated her because Queen Whit wasn’t available? Remember how she moved Buddy in and lied to Heather? I hope Heather is just following her contract at this point, she mentioned other friends during conversations so hopefully she has a much more fulfilling life. Now they are all trash talking Ryan and throwing him under the bus. You don’t need to have contact with Ryan...do a split screen you lazy slag.  Also, didn’t you just go on vacation at a lake? Pot meet kettle. That business would have made zero cash without him. Buddy, Whit and Tal deserve each other.

Update: Discovery+ doesn't have new episodes of this show, but they have all the past seasons. Ugh. 

After watching this one I went back and rewatched the Buddy/Heather season and post-relationship episodes. Damn, Whitney was a real bitch to Heather. I didn't remember all of that vitriol until I went back and watched those older episodes. 

Other than being on the show I can't see a single positive for remaining friends with her. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

As someone who has long believed that Ryan and Chase cooked up the idea of the grand romance between Twit and Chase for a small amount of publicity for their businesses this might seem like a contradiction. However, I think that Brittany was hired by Pilgrim Media to play the role of Buddy's girlfriend for a short time and to elicit organic reactions of jealousy from Twitney.  Production is familiar with her feelings for Buddy and her enmity toward his girlfriends. She did not disappoint. I think it was a genius move to cast someone who resembled WWT but was opposite in almost every way e.g. not morbidly obese, appropriate, clothed, personable etc.

I agree with all of this - with the caveat that I think Ryan, Chase and Whitney cooked up the grand romance idea.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

The clip of Whitney tripping and falling was the only thing that has made me actually laugh since then.  

I hope someone makes it a GIF.  

I am so sad to hear about your chi. They are pretty neat dogs 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, swankie said:

And Tal is so stupid!  Of course Ryan makes money from his association with Whitless.  She also makes money from her association with him.  So what's your point idiot?  It's called a PARTNERSHIP!  The purpose is to make money.  What a doofus!  Plus there's no doubt who is doing the majority of the work and it sure as hell isn't Whitless!

Is Counselor Tal trying to tell us that he doesn’t make any money off of his friendship with Twit?  Is he flat out saying that he doesn’t get a paycheck from TLC/the production company?  If so, I’m crying LIAR!!!  At least Ryan was working for his money in that partnership and in fact, providing some back to Whitney in his 75% of the work load.  Which one of the barnacles actually MAKES Twit money?  Anyone?  Shut up Tal!

• Love 13

So the two themes of this episode were "Ryan is the devil" and "Whitney is lonely," with a side of "y'all need to move back to Greensboro from that awful, awful Charlotte."  Spare me.

Also,, for someone so gleefully throwing Ryan under the bus for not observing Covid precautions (allegedly, as that one pic of him with a few dudes could have been from any time), she's going to a tattoo parlor next week for the ~totally essential reason of getting another tattoo. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Is Counselor Tal trying to tell us that he doesn’t make any money off of his friendship with Twit?  Is he flat out saying that he doesn’t get a paycheck from TLC/the production company?  If so, I’m crying LIAR!!!  At least Ryan was working for his money in that partnership and in fact, providing some back to Whitney in his 75% of the work load.  Which one of the barnacles actually MAKES Twit money?  Anyone?  Shut up Tal!

That's being awfully generous - to Whitney 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Not to mention Ryan was making HER money, I think the barnacles are mad, he did most of the work and made more money than they do kissing her ass. So basically he got to make money without kissing her ass and humiliating himself.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

How about when Whitney was talking about Britney being jealous... "We don't f***. I walk around naked, and we STILL don't f***".... ummm whit, you walking around naked is probably WHY y'all don't f***.

• LOL 15
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Emma C said:

Did y'all notice they didn't show her getting up after she fell?

I did notice that.  

I used my imagination and figured it was probably a dry land version of this debacle, but with a lot more flesh showing:  

wwtturtle.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2021 at 11:36 AM, Colleenna said:

Hey Twit: perhaps you could make friends if you actually  CARED about other people. 

How about "Hey Twit: perhaps you could make friends if you actually care about OTHER people?"

That's what seems to be beyond her.  And boy was this episode boring.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 1/5/2021 at 9:29 PM, Snarkastikate said:

And she literally does NO work, unless getting her pathetic life filmed counts.   Ditto Buddy.  For his sake I hope he just hangs around during filming season. 

I guess her radio internship is the last paid job she had, wasn't it?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

If Ryan is so horrible as they exclaim, why don’t they show all these horrible things he’s doing? I think most of them are mad he’s making more money than they are and doesn’t kiss her ass.  Also, why is it up to him to make her happy and get her friends?  She did the same thing with the Fitness Marshall.  She was lonely and wanted to leave so Tal and Todd came and got her.  It doesn’t seem like she makes any new friends and picks people that seem to have nothing in common with her.  Whitney is so jealous anytime Buddy gets a woman then pretends to be happy for him.  She’s disgusting on many levels.  

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea the red on his face was odd. 

whit called Heather immediately in order to make her jealous over the tattoos. The goose is an odd choice considering it sounded like it was more of a joke between Whit and Heather and Buddy was just in the room. Whit was embarrassed and infuriated that Buddy embarrassed her in front of Heather since the whole purpose of the call was to prove to Heather how close they are. That bitch is still bitter that Heather had a relationship with him and is still trying to hurt her because of it. Besides the COVID comment (which is a swipe at her hypocrisy) I also loved it when she said “ it seems you guys aren’t so close after all. Maybe you shouldn’t live together.” Whit was seething!

And didn’t Whitney imply they were all in bed together before Buddy blurted out he was in a chair or did I mishear that?

• Love 3

If my new boyfriend lived with a hose beast who walked around naked in front of him 24/7 and insisted that he cook meals, feed her, and who knows what else, I'd be pretty pissed too.  Of course, I'd also question why I was dating this loser, but that's another story.  

I am truly confused by this arrangement.  Does Buddy really cook all her meals and serve her?  Is it because she literally can't get her fat, lazy butt up off the couch?  Or does she make some idiotic claim like, "I can't cook"!?  Why doesn't he pay rent?  Is it compensation for him being a paid servant?  If this is all true then he really is like a home healthcare aide.  And if she's in that bad of shape, girlfriend better remove the word "fabulous" from her vocabulary.  

How this filthy dirty, lazy,unemployed, substance abuser gets so many women is beyond me.  

This will forever be one of the great mysteries of the world.  Any fat, ugly, rude, homeless, stanky, jerk dude can get a date any second that he wants one.  While successful, attractive, smart, nice, fun women never seem to be granted that luxury.  A true head scratcher. 

He looked to me like he had blood or a very new bruise on his face.  

I was perplexed because I truly thought the side of his face was beaten and bloody.

God how manipulative of her with Buddy when she wanted him to move in with her. (The conversation outside at the lake.) The face, the tears... so awful.

She literally stuck out her bottom lip and did an overexaggerated pout/cry like a 2 year old would.  I imagine she thought she looked cute.  Um, she didn't.  

After she tripped, I was frustrated that the editors didn't get their mean girls on, and show us Mt. Whitney having to (laboriously) roll over and get up on her hands and knees to rise from the dirt.

I too thought it was interesting that they didn't show us her glorious rise.  Isn't she supposed to be a super fit dancer?  She should have sprung right up from a backbend!  Voila!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I am truly confused by this arrangement.  Does Buddy really cook all her meals and serve her?  Is it because she literally can't get her fat, lazy butt up off the couch?  Or does she make some idiotic claim like, "I can't cook"!?  Why doesn't he pay rent?  Is it compensation for him being a paid servant?  If this is all true then he really is like a home healthcare aide.  And if she's in that bad of shape, girlfriend better remove the word "fabulous" from her vocabulary.  

I wondered about this myself - if he's just a friend visiting and staying around because quarantining is boring alone, then he's a visiting friend, doesn't pay rent, but also doesn't get overnight guests, IMO.  If he officially "moves in with her" then both those things should change, right?  I have no idea why he's the head chef of the house 😄

• Love 3
1 hour ago, princelina said:

I wondered about this myself - if he's just a friend visiting and staying around because quarantining is boring alone, then he's a visiting friend, doesn't pay rent, but also doesn't get overnight guests, IMO.  If he officially "moves in with her" then both those things should change, right?  I have no idea why he's the head chef of the house 😄

Head chef is likely Whits pizza app looking at the size of her 😂 Buddy appears to be losing weight.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Emma C said:

How about when Whitney was talking about Britney being jealous... "We don't f***. I walk around naked, and we STILL don't f***".... ummm whit, you walking around naked is probably WHY y'all don't f***.

She seemed almost incredulous.  " I show him all of this and he still won't F*** me!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 1/5/2021 at 9:16 PM, mamadrama said:

Whitney is so jealous she can't see straight. And I think either Buddy, production, or both are fucking with her with the whole Brittany thing.

I want to "like" this a million times.  I've never seen such blatant jealousy.  Even when she's not speaking, her facial expressions reveal everything.  She cannot bear the thought of Buddy's having a girlfriend *who might object to the affection between Whitney and Buddy*--you know, just like Chase (or whatever his name is) did.

It is not a pretty look, Whitney.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:44 PM, Irate Panda said:

I hate this people.  I can’t even finish the episode tonight.  Pathetic trash.  FREE NEESHI!

I had exactly the same reaction.  I couldn't watch this show in one sitting, these people are so repellent.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/6/2021 at 1:09 AM, seasons said:

I do like her hair though. Much better without extensions.

What is going on with her hairline?  It looks like a cheap wig there at the top of her forehead.  And I don't care what she says about extensions, there's no way her thin, lank hair has suddenly become lush and bountiful.

I do agree that her hair looks much better, but please, Whit, don't lie to us.

Edited by Mothra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Whitney was shown making plenty of meals when her mom was staying with her. She was making them FOR her mother! As if her mom did not know how to cook or wasn't in good enough health to cook? I think she has Buddy doing stuff like that for her so he will feel essential and not feel like he is mooching off her. Buddy uses any excuse to get the hell out of there when he can. He knows he is not really NEEDED. He shows up when the camera crew is there and he is told he is needed to "work". I believe Whitney needs Buddy much more than Buddy needs her. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

Whitney was shown making plenty of meals when her mom was staying with her. She was making them FOR her mother! As if her mom did not know how to cook or wasn't in good enough health to cook? I think she has Buddy doing stuff like that for her so he will feel essential and not feel like he is mooching off her. Buddy uses any excuse to get the hell out of there when he can. He knows he is not really NEEDED. He shows up when the camera crew is there and he is told he is needed to "work". I believe Whitney needs Buddy much more than Buddy needs her. 

You're nicer than me.  I think she takes what she can get, and likes having him "in her debt" so she can boss him around.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, princelina said:

You're nicer than me.  I think she takes what she can get, and likes having him "in her debt" so she can boss him around.

I also think Buddy doesn’t want her cooking for him. He’s losing weight. She’s.....well she’s Whitney. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Such a smart observation. Totally on point. I don’t know, the whole premise of the show has gone off the rails. She’s had so many stints, so many careers - fat girl dancer, radio cohost with a crush on some guy, motivational Internet dancer, weight lifter, and now this big active thing she’s doing with that tool, Ryan.

Maybe it’s my old age or becoming a mom, I don’t know, but in those episodes where she cried on camera about how much she was hurt after the Chase thing, it got to me. I felt for her. But it’s the same old Whitney. When she was in her new relationship with Chase, she delighted in showing up Heather and treating Buddy like dog shit. Now, she’s back to jabbing at Heather and being inappropriate with Buddy. The pay for being on TLC might not be astronomical, but it has to be significant enough for these grown ass adults to take this kind of abuse.  I don’t think Whitney is a bad person. I actually feel like she’s very intelligent and articulate, but she has lived the life of someone who has been coddled I’d like a baby for 36 years. 36 years of tiptoeing and videotaping antics and skirting issues. She was created, and going on TLC has just made it worse.

Buddy has always regarded her with a sense of “OK, let’s hug, but I’m not comfortable with it.” I’ve never seen him go into a hug or any kind of physical contact with her without a “yeesh” look on his face. Maybe he feels a little indebted to her after basically mooching a place to stay after he got sober and having someone to talk to, but I think he’s paid his debt.

this show is tired. I want to see her ride off into the sunset with (on) beardless Lenny and just be done with it already. The dead horse, it has been beat.

• Love 9
Spoiler

Sooooo judging from Buddy's IG he has a cute new girlfriend and seems very happy. I don't know how "new" she is. Maybe they met after the season wrapped. They moved in together and Buddy has lost a lot of weight. He looks good. Oh, and Whitney likes his posts so I guess she approves.

Maybe all this bullshit about Whitney being so jealous and Buddy kissing her ass is just that. Made up TV bullshit. 

Edited by Giant Misfit
spoiler tag
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The pay for being on TLC might not be astronomical, but it has to be significant enough for these grown ass adults to take this kind of abuse.  I don’t think Whitney is a bad person. I actually feel like she’s very intelligent and articulate, but she has lived the life of someone who has been coddled I’d like a baby for 36 years. 36 years of tiptoeing and videotaping antics and skirting issues. She was created, and going on TLC has just made it worse.

They're getting something out of it, at least. I can see why Whitney would keep doing the show. Low payment or not, it provides her with something ALL narcissists beg for-attention. Money is probably secondary to that (although I'm sure she loves being able to lie around and literally do nothing while getting paid). She has adoring fans who literally shell out cash to watch her flail her arms around in "exercise." The rest of the barnacles, though? I really don't know. It would make sense if they were shilling diarrhea tea or bad leggings, but none of them appear to be running a side hustle. 

Which brings me back to my original theory: Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The rest of the barnacles, though? I really don't know. It would make sense if they were shilling diarrhea tea or bad leggings, but none of them appear to be running a side hustle. 

Tal mentioned working at a hospital and Heather and Ashley both mentioned having to work from home since Covid hit.  I don't have a clue what Buddy or Todd do.  

Edited by swankie
Correct Ashley's name. Lol!
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

I don’t know, the whole premise of the show has gone off the rails. She’s had so many stints, so many careers - fat girl dancer, radio cohost with a crush on some guy, motivational Internet dancer, weight lifter, and now this big active thing she’s doing with that tool, Ryan

“Reality TV” shows require participants to sign a contract.  That contract is lopsided to the benefit of the producers.  One of the boilerplate stipulations is that the producers reserve the right to portray the participants however they choose and the participant has to suck it up and act the part.

Spoiler

10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Sooooo judging from Buddy's IG he has a cute new girlfriend and seems very happy. I don't know how "new" she is.

Another spoiler from IG-Jessica has replaced Ryan as the fitness part of NoBSactive!  Check out Jessica’s pictures from her MsOlympia style bodybuilding competitions....wow!

15 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

The pay for being on TLC might not be astronomical, but it has to be significant enough for these grown ass adults to take this kind of abuse.

The barnacles also signed contracts, again with the understanding that they will be portrayed however the show sees fit and there’s nothing they can do about it if they want the thousands of dollars that were dangled in front of their faces to actually reach their pockets and stay there.  I’m sure it’s plenty enough for Buddy, et al, to pay rent and still have some left over.

Edited by Giant Misfit
spoiler tags
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, swankie said:

Tal mentioned working at a hospital and Heather and Ashley both mentioned having to work from home since Covid hit.  I don't have a clue what Buddy or Todd do.  

Todd is a dancer and lives in NYC. Heather has worked for an online marketing firm for around 5 years.  Ashley was working for a software company but I think she's doing equine veterinarian stuff now. The only job Buddy's ever talked about is bartending. Talk worked as a counselor for an elementary school up until 2 years ago. Now, as he referenced last episode, he's a treatment counselor at a nonprofit alcohol and drug rehab center.

Day jobs aside, many of these people develop side hustles and that's one of the main incentives to sticking with the show or, in this case, the relationship with Whitney. These people do not appear to have done that, however, making it even more curious that they put up with her antics. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 7

Didn't Whit and/or some of the barnacles attend a performing arts high school?  I'm wondering if the need to perform is part of their willingness  to continue with MBFFL.  I believe I've seen Tal and Heather sing a song (individually) on Instagram every once in a while...

Edited by Cache
  • Love 1

Folks: There should be no conversation in the episode threads about content on these folks' socials (unless they post something directly related to that particular episode). You can discuss their socials in the Social Media thread where spoilers are allowed.

(Posted the below in the wrong thread initially. My bad - but all the eps are so boring I lose track of the names...)

God...only 10 minutes in and Tal’s freaking upspeak is driving me bananas. What a condescending a**hole.

However - Whitney’s fabulous fat fall was one of the highlights so far. *chef’s kiss*

ETA: Oh - and Jessica’s nails are trash. 

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
  • Love 3
On 1/9/2021 at 5:40 PM, Tipsymcstagger said:

Whitney’s fabulous fat fall was one of the highlights so far. *chef’s kiss*

I note that while we may be treated to the fall, we are never shown how she gets herself back to standing.  I'd pay money--good money--to see that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I note that while we may be treated to the fall, we are never shown how she gets herself back to standing.  I'd pay money--good money--to see that.

They keep advertising Discovery+ and want people to sign up for it. If they offered this kind of bonus coverage I bet they would get a lot of subscribers.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4