Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Week 8

• Start Topic

Are we allowed to discuss the scenes from next week?

Spoiler

Brendan was expressing very sensible reservations about how quickly a proposal will be expected....probably even less time than normal because if Claire    So far, he is the only one stays his seems smitten with   She likes some of the others but she is only giddy with Brendan    

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Open the Box, open the Box! Damn, to be continued? I can’t take this. 
wow, Zack is looking worse and worse with every admission. 

God I hope Gyneth Paltrow head is in it. 

the prosthetic head. 

• LOL 7

Still love Tayshia but some of these men need a therapist and not a woman. They’re dumping a lot on her and next week looks worse. 

I’m excluding Zac because he sounds like he’s done the work.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

Zac definitely has the red flags flying however I hate the lie detector date - who else did this? Andi? I don’t condone cheating but I find the polygraph so obnoxiously intrusive.  You should have to find out if your mate turns out to be a lying dick organically like the rest of us do!

• LOL 12
  • Love 4

As much as I’ve complained about the dates, maybe whoever she ends up with might actually last since they’re more “realistic@ toe scenarios.  I’d love to know why they picked Jo Jo to cover for Chris.

• Love 2

Zac reminds me of Scott Caan but I wasn't sure why. Now I think it's when he smiles, something about that smile and his chin. I actually really like him and he does sound like he's sincere about having cleaned up. I hope so. A brain tumor at 23 and then spiraling off on pain killers and whatever else...I'm really rooting for him.

Tayshia seemed long ago to have put Eazy in the friend zone. We all saw her face drop and her jaw set when he was telling her how he was in love with her, making it obvious she would send him home. Even more obvious when that scene was interspersed with the men claiming that Eazy had a very strong connection  with her. 

Oy, the drama at the beginning with wearing the wedding dress for a photo shoot! That was so silly. She's not the only one who's been divorced, and at least there was no child of the marriage. That's when things get truly broken. Tayshia, putting on a costume for a photographer does not make you legally wed. Yes, you have memories of wearing a wedding dress before, but this was not a wedding ceremony. 

It seems like nearly all the men had some trauma in their past. Common to all humankind. They did appear sincere and humbled. Did beautiful, beautiful Spencer speak? I don't remember it. 

I do feel that Bennett is being the bigger jerk here. Maybe it's editing. I agree with a poster above, she should send both of them home. 

I had previously read online about Eazy but wasn't sure we were allowed to mention it. A pity, because he doesn't project any of that on the show.

So, did Jojo have a Covid test and then quarantine before she arrived? Did the artist and the models? Will Chris Harrison do so before he returns? This is all very sketchy to me as far as the safety of everyone involved. 

ETA: Ben. So he was overweight and scorned by the girls and developed bulimia, which makes me understand why he is proud of his body now. However, that strip felt too aggressive and kind of creepy. It got him a rose, though, so what do I know?  

Edited by Arkay
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, hyacinth said:

Happy birthday, Saber!   A toast to you!

Thank you! But I think you mean "Let's do a cheers!" Remember where we are, after all.

1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I swear, I live for our Tuesday nights! It can’t get here soon enough. Thanks for the company, commentary and comraderie!

So much this. I had the best time tonight, thanks to all of you snarksters.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Brain tumor?! Ok. Didn’t see that one coming. Then he got married and addicted to pain-killers. THEN a DUI and arrested?!? Stealing checks from his dad?! Oh, jeez. Every sentence of this story is just getting worse. 4.5 months in rehab. And he had been in rehab before then, too. I’m sorry, but being “on the board” of the rehab now doesn’t take away all of those red flags! I thought the knock on the door would be the driver coming to get Zac’s suitcase. Instead Tayshia is “pleasantly surprised” by all this?!? Girl, just no! 

I think it depends on how long he has been sober.  Had a crazy few years after the brain tumor?  That makes sense.  Brain surgery can mess with your brain and pain meds as a path to addiction is a thing.  Messing up during that times also makes sense.  Sober and on the straight and narrow for at least five years? Okay.  Sober less than a year? Hell no.

Bennett didn't just become an ass, IMO.  He was always an ass.  A witty ass but an ass.  The smug was strong with that one.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

It was mentioned earlier, but yes, Tayshia started the art studio date in sandals, then had white gym shoes, then back to sandals.

The photoshoot date was stupid. I can't imagine that a date involving changing clothes and having photos taken would be fun. 

Tayshia is driving me crazy with "lets have a cheers" and "vunnerable."  I watched the show on dvr, only got halfway through.

• Love 5

Happy birthday, @saber5055! Will you accept this virtual birthday rose?🌹

On 12/1/2020 at 5:06 PM, JenE4 said:

2 huge jugs of juice, 2 massive plates of bacon, 2 orders of orange wedges, and a dozen cinnamon rolls and croissants for two skinny-ass girls who won’t eat any of this. 

There was also that short scene of Tayshia sitting alone in her room fretting about something or other, and there were two margaritas and some chips and guac on the coffee table in front of her, completely untouched. Maybe there was supposed to be another heart-to-heart with JoJo that ended up being cut.

On 12/1/2020 at 5:08 PM, rebel2u said:

I wouldn't have recognized JoJo if they hadn't said it was her.  Has she had a lot of filler in her cheeks?  She just looks different.

I'm pretty sure she's also had a(nother) nose job. The plastic surgeon made it too thin and it doesn't suit her face, IMO.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:52 PM, seasons said:

Noah "expecially".

Dumb ass.

Not as bad as Bennett's "connotates" (I couldn't even finish typing that without my computer trying to force-auto-correct it). At least Noah doesn't have a Harvard cred to uphold.

I'm the least artistic person in the world, so I would have been terrible on that art date. I noticed that one of the puzzle pieces in Ivan's self-portrait had "money" written on it. That seemed a bit shallow to me, and I would have thought a smart guy like Ivan would have the sense to write something less crass, like "career" or "professional fulfillment."

I said last week that Ben gives me the creeps, and his spontaneous stripping did nothing to change that. Bulimia is a terrible disease, and it must be even more difficult for men since it's so rarely talked about, but I think there's something else "off" about him.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I said last week that Ben gives me the creeps, and his spontaneous stripping did nothing to change that. Bulimia is a terrible disease, and it must be even more difficult for men since it's so rarely talked about, but I think there's something else "off" about him.

There was something about it that felt violating, to me at least. Not as much as when some pervert flashes you in the street, but still an element of suddenly showing your penis to a woman without her permission or expectation. Drawing from life would not be my thing, but at least the models were in an artistic context and not just brandishing themselves unexpectedly. But I guess Tayshia considered it romantic, or vulnerable, or real, or bold. Or something.

ETA: what I think is "off" about Ben is that he's too extreme. I liked him at first, but the way he overreacted to missing his chance to speak to Tayshia at the cocktail party, then how miserable he was that she lightly scolded him, and now this. Too intense, too extreme, too much. 

Edited by Arkay
  • Useful 4
  • Love 18

When Blake was sculpting that clay dick, do you think in his head he was hearing "Unchained Melody" and imagining Clare reaching around from behind him to help?

Judging by the shape of the black box the editors put on it, he could have used some help.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2020 at 9:49 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Airs December 1st.

Jojo. She used to be cute with freckles . Now she is pale and shiny and frozen faced. Still cute , but i foresee like many in her generation , a future of bland and shiny and generic looks . Why do cute and pretty girls feel they have to inject away their personality ? That being said . She’ll do a fine job hosting , but I love Chris Harrison and give him props for doing the right thing by his son .

(At least it’s not “ Demi” < gag> Guest co hosting .)

Edited by nlkm9
Mistake
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Bennett needs to meet Taylor, I think her name was, who berated people about their EQ in Paradise. She was just as terrible as he is.

I know.  Wouldn't most people with any emotional intelligence know how wrong it is to do what they are doing--basically being pretentious jerks and being the farthest thing from emotionally intelligent that you can be?  lol

4 hours ago, Arkay said:

There was something about it that felt violating, to me at least. Not as much as when some pervert flashes you in the street, but still an element of suddenly showing your penis to a woman without her permission or expectation. Drawing from life would not be my thing, but at least the models were in an artistic context and not just brandishing themselves unexpectedly. But I guess Tayshia considered it romantic, or vulnerable, or real, or bold. Or something.

ETA: what I think is "off" about Ben is that he's too extreme. I liked him at first, but the way he overreacted to missing his chance to speak to Tayshia at the cocktail party, then how miserable he was that she lightly scolded him, and now this. Too intense, too extreme, too much. 

I agree.  I would be extremely uncomfortable if someone forced themselves on me in that way--you leave the person feeling like, what do I do now?  

16 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

Jojo. She used to be cute with freckles . Now she is pale and shiny and frozen faced. Still cute , but i foresee like many in her generation , a future of bland and shiny and generic looks . Why do cute and pretty girls feel they have to inject away their personality ? That being said . She’ll do a fine job hosting , but I love Chris Harrison and give him props for doing the right thing by his son .

(At least it’s not “ Demi” < gag> Guest co hosting .)

It is super sad.  So many girls from this franchise were so pretty and cute and normal, and now they all look like someone else entirely.  I give Trista credit.  She still looks normal, and her and Ryan do not hide their age--in fact Ryan enhances it by using odd filters on his instagram that make him look older.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, alexa said:

I know.  Wouldn't most people with any emotional intelligence know how wrong it is to do what they are doing--basically being pretentious jerks and being the farthest thing from emotionally intelligent that you can be?  lol

I agree.  I would be extremely uncomfortable if someone forced themselves on me in that way--you leave the person feeling like, what do I do now?  

It is super sad.  So many girls from this franchise were so pretty and cute and normal, and now they all look like someone else entirely.  I give Trista credit.  She still looks normal, and her and Ryan do not hide their age--in fact Ryan enhances it by using odd filters on his instagram that make him look older.

Ironically , Trista has spoken about the “mommy makeover “ she had several years ago and she does use Botox and fillers - so yes she looks great but i think without that help she might look older and a little more tired . But at least she doesn’t look crazy or completely unrecognizable ( so many of them)

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Riplet68 said:

As much as I’ve complained about the dates, maybe whoever she ends up with might actually last since they’re more “realistic@ toe scenarios.  I’d love to know why they picked Jo Jo to cover for Chris.

So would I. She definitely doesn’t have the chops for it. He’s the Alex Trebek of Dating shows. Oh well, could have been worse, like that little jitterbug Demi. Thankfully, they seem to be over her. 

• Love 9

I'm another one who didn't really like Ben's "art."  I guess he thought it fit  the instructions because his  body was his vulnerable part, but as he talked about his, "once fat then bulimic," past, I thought I detected a little bit of "but look how hot I am now," to the whole thing.  It was just too exhibitionistic for me, but then the whole show encourages that.  Anyway, no six pack can make up for that scoop neck T-shirt.

Another thing they encourage is "drama," so I think Tayshia is too quick to pass judgement on men for that.  She asked to meet Bennett and Noah to get to the bottom of their issue, but cut them off for acting like teen boys almost immediately.   What  we know is Bennett is a thirteen year old mean girl with his  passive aggressive "gifts,' and comments.  I hope she'll see it next week.

I think all the second rate therapy is becoming too intrusive although I did find out I wanted to propose to Ripley and have his children.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm another one who didn't really like Ben's "art."  I guess he thought it fit  the instructions because his  body was his vulnerable part, but as he talked about his, "once fat then bulimic," past, I thought I detected a little bit of "but look how hot I am now," to the whole thing.  It was just too exhibitionistic for me, but then the whole show encourages that.  Anyway, no six pack can make up for that scoop neck T-shirt.

Another thing they encourage is "drama," so I think Tayshia is too quick to pass judgement on men for that.  She asked to meet Bennett and Noah to get to the bottom of their issue, but cut them off for acting like teen boys almost immediately.   What  we know is Bennett is a thirteen year old mean girl with his  passive aggressive "gifts,' and comments.  I hope she'll see it next week.

I think all the second rate therapy is becoming too intrusive although I did find out I wanted to propose to Ripley and have his children.

Agreed...she should have seen that most of the issues were coming from how Bennett was addressing the situation and talking as if he was above everyone else in his capabilities to deal with people.  lol.  I didn't really see at that point, just from what was said how that was Noah's fault (her having not seen the rest of the conversations that she wasn't privy to).  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Are we allowed to discuss the scenes from next week?

Yes, you can discuss the promos in the episode threads. 

10 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

That and Tayshia with her "vunnerable." Gah.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

She better cut Bennett's smug ass next week. Noah is adorable, Bennet is a complete asshole and the charm he had earlier has completely faded away so he's insufferable now.

Does anyone know how long Zac(k?) has been sober? He kind of seemed to purposefully avoid saying how long it's been so I wonder if it's not been very long. 

• Love 6

Happy belated birthday @saber5055!  

I thought that the art date was cute.  I don’t think TPTB thought it would get so deep but I think since all the men are sequestered together more than normal this season that they let their walls down with each other.  I thought it was so cute that Brendan sincerely  complimented Riley after his speech.  The date was a nice change of pace from the toxic-masculinity/literally pit the men against each other dates.  

The show touched on BLM, addictions, and eating disorders in men in two episodes?  Consider me to be partially impressed.  Then the ‘drama’ between Noah and Bennet and I was back to meh-watching.  I really wanted the book that Bennet gave to Noah to be a Staurt Smalley like book.(Cut to Bennet looking at the mirror.  I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and gosh darn it people like me). 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, GracieK said:

Zac definitely has the red flags flying however I hate the lie detector date - who else did this? Andi?

Yes it was Andi, and what made an impression on me was that she didn't want to look at Josh's results.  Guess she was worried about what she might see...foreshadowing of what was to come?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't know if it's that there's a genuine difference in the guys' demeanor because of being stuck together and not going to exciting locales, or their relief and excitement to just be in the game now that Tayshia is here and the Clare/Dale drama is over, or that the editors are finally realizing that there's benefit in showing the good side of so many of the guys so that we are more invested, but this seems like the best group of guys (including Dr Joe and others that were let go earlier) that I can ever remember.  Hope it's a trend that continues!  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, you can discuss the promos in the episode threads. 

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

She better cut Bennett's smug ass next week. Noah is adorable, Bennet is a complete asshole and the charm he had earlier has completely faded away so he's insufferable now.

Does anyone know how long Zac(k?) has been sober? He kind of seemed to purposefully avoid saying how long it's been so I wonder if it's not been very long. 

It's hard to pinpoint down but he's been sober at least 6-7 yrs. You can deduce the time period from a recent Newsweek article about him.

13 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Yes it was Andi, and what made an impression on me was that she didn't want to look at Josh's results.  Guess she was worried about what she might see...foreshadowing of what was to come?

Andi and the show got a lot of backlash for the lie detector date. I guess the show just wants all the energy, whether negative or positive.

Happy belated birthday @SABER5055 who gets all my roses.

Edited by thehepburn
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Clark Kent, i mean, Bennett was one of my favorites from the start, based on looks. But each time he talks, he affirms that he is an asshole.

The "self portrait" Bennett did with the models of the  three homes in NYC, the Hamptons, and Paris was enough to make me hate him, but I agree with the poster who said that the blindfolded kiss he forced on Taisha was straight-up creepy and a power trip (reminded me of Nine and a Half Weeks in a bad way).  While Bennett thinks you can learn about emotional intelligence from a book, I think Noah actually has more of it than he does.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Arkay said:

There was something about it that felt violating, to me at least. Not as much as when some pervert flashes you in the street, but still an element of suddenly showing your penis to a woman without her permission or expectation.

Well, in Ben's defense, he did keep his junk contained in his right hand the entire time. What grossed me out was him hugging Tayshia and then putting that hand on her. Nasty.

It's my opinion that both models were wearing pants. I really doubt both were naked, the black boxes were for us viewers to freak out over. For all we know, Ben was wearing a jock too, or tighty whities. The editors love doing the black box thing, like that one year where some bach-ette got the black box over her ass in every scene, even when she was wearing normal clothes.

In my five years of life drawing/painting classes, six hours every week, at an accredited art college, all male models wore a jock.

Ben in his scoop neck is like that detergent commercial. "You look sooooo comfortable." In his TH, I kept staring at his clavicles and other bones popping out of that neckline. Never looked at his face. Maybe that's his trick!

Thanks to everyone for the roses. Best b -day ever!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't know if it's that there's a genuine difference in the guys' demeanor because of being stuck together and not going to exciting locales, or their relief and excitement to just be in the game now that Tayshia is here and the Clare/Dale drama is over, or that the editors are finally realizing that there's benefit in showing the good side of so many of the guys so that we are more invested, but this seems like the best group of guys (including Dr Joe and others that were let go earlier) that I can ever remember.  Hope it's a trend that continues!  

I do think it's an impressive group of men. For one thing, none of them are "pantsapreneurs," or all the other ridiculous titles they've had in the past. These are lawyers, doctors, engineers etc. (some of them). They're also overall not as young, which I suppose is due to recasting for Clare when production was halted. I think that we also got to know them more as a group because Clare essentially turned her back on them all. They were together a lot because they weren't going on dates or to cocktail parties with Clare.

When Bennett was playing the role of Richie Rich he was kind of witty and in on the joke. Now he's not just playing at being superior when it comes to Noah. I do think Noah is a jerk for yanking Tayshia's chain about her "integrity" being compromised, but he's actually well-spoken and doesn't want to engage with Bennett. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Arkay said:

Now he's not just playing at being superior when it comes to Noah.

I wonder how much of Bennett's words/actions are prompted by TPTB to play into the edit they have for him. Because ... it's in the  script, guys. Gotta create the drama somehow. And the water-cooler and online chat. I don't trust this show as much as some do!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I wonder how much of Bennett's words/actions are prompted by TPTB to play into the edit they have for him. Because ... it's in the  script, guys. Gotta create the drama somehow. And the water-cooler and online chat. I don't trust this show as much as some do!

Oh, exactly. I've always been a Bachelor/ette "atheist." I've never believed in anything about this show, I find the starry-eyed true love believers and their bachelor-viewing parties deeply hilarious, and no one I know in real life watches this. I've always eye-rolled since way before the contestants came on for Instagram fame.  But it's my trash show and I love having this forum where we can snark together. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

You know the producers had to have supplied Bennett with the box and wrapping paper. They must have been salivating when/if he asked for them. 

And the mustache socks. I highly doubt Bennett just happened to own mustache socks before Noah and his mustache became a thing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

The "self portrait" Bennett did with the models of the  three homes in NYC, the Hamptons, and Paris was enough to make me hate him, but I agree with the poster who said that the blindfolded kiss he forced on Taisha was straight-up creepy and a power trip (reminded me of Nine and a Half Weeks in a bad way).  While Bennett thinks you can learn about emotional intelligence from a book, I think Noah actually has more of it than he does.

OK, I hadnt seen the ep yet but when I saw this post, I was reminded of a Harlequin I read . It was about a businessman who had a home in NYC, London, AND Paris with a mistress in each home to match. Maybe Bennett read the bk too and that's his fantasy. (Coincidentally, the bk was actually called Fantasy by Anne Weale.)

Anyway, I was 13 at the time that I read and loved that book. I have since grown up. I am not sure I can say the same for Bennett.

(I've also read 9 and a Half Weeks. Big reader here. Very sad what happened to the author.)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, thehepburn said:

OK, I hadnt seen the ep yet but when I saw this post, I was reminded of a Harlequin I read . It was about a businessman who had a home in NYC, London, AND Paris with a mistress in each home to match. Maybe Bennett read the bk too and that's his fantasy. (Coincidentally, the bk was actually called Fantasy by Anne Weale.)

A man and his three mistresses, how romantic! Bennett said he wanted a chateau in Paris, which will always remain a fantasy because I'm pretty sure there aren't any chateaus in the city of Paris that are private property.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I hope the next date is a cooking date. We'll get Blake pressing his crank in some dough and baking Penis Cookies. 

This whole season has been nothing but high school.

Gym class.

Math.

Spelling.

Music.

Art class.

No doubt, Home Ed will be next!  Peen cookies, yum.

50 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

A man and his three mistresses, how romantic! Bennett said he wanted a chateau in Paris, which will always remain a fantasy because I'm pretty sure there aren't any chateaus in the city of Paris that are private property.

Hey! Even my dumb, hormoned 13 yr old self knew that a "hero" with 3 mistresses was WTF. That's why I never forgot it. 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

You know the producers had to have supplied Bennett with the box and wrapping paper. They must have been salivating when/if he asked for them. 

I think that's backwards. I imagine the PAs planning all the gifts for the box, creating the box, wrapping it complete with bow, then saying, "Psst, hey Bennett, step on over here buddy, and look what we've got for you. You'll be THE STAR of this episode!"

Because I multi-task while this is on, I missed Bennett's art project. So no comment on that. But while I was driving today, a couple hours on the road, I tried to think which guy was going home, Bennett or Noah. The show is really working on making Bennett some sort of villain or something, so they might want him to stick around. But then the show is also making him sort of jerky, so maybe they think his time is up, so bye Bennett.

I see no connection between Bennett and anyone, especially Tayshia. Even if Bennett never opened his mouth, I don't see the connection. Maybe with Clare. Maybe. But not Tayshia.

Noah is just another dime-a-dozen dude. So I figure Tayshia will keep him since she can tell him to shave his 'stache and then do it for him. He's more her type of guy. Meanwhile, Bennett is way up on my chart while Noah doesn't even register. But I just watch this for eye candy and snark, and Noah is no eye candy IMO.

• Love 3