Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A Snow Mountain Of Trouble

• Start Topic

Meredith‘s birthday party comes to a cold ending when Jen and Mary get into a heated argument about Mary’s insensitivity towards Jen’s aunt; Whitney confronts Lisa about an incident at Whitney’s vow renewal; Meredith battles marriage problems. Air date 11/18/2020 

Lisa is so awful that I kinda love it.  She reminds a little of Season 1 Camille, although I think Camille was more cunning and calculating in her first season.  

Whitney and Heather are my right-off-the-bat favorites.  It's nice to have a couple housewives who genuinely care about each other in the mix.  

Pleased that we didn't have to endure Mary and Jen fighting about hospital smells throughout the entire episode.  Beverly Hills would have milked that for weeks.  Maybe even an entire season.  

It could be fun if Meredith gets caught in the middle Lisa being awful and the rest of the housewives.  

• Love 13

I don’t know if I can handle the whiny voice all season of the short bobbed blonde I’ll learn their names at some point ...edit: Whitney her names, Whitney lol she just seems to whine constantly I don’t know what it is ugh. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8

I’m with Heather in that the hospital discussion is “absurd.”  Why were they still talking about it?  Mary cops to having said it, and she’s not sorry.  If that’s not acceptable, then Jen should ask her to leave Meredith’s party, even though Meredith supposedly put her on the invitation list.  The “apology” wasn’t sincere, so what was the point of extracting it?

And Jen, is that actually your house?  She really needs to stop trying to make “Shah” and “Jen Shah” happen.  Bitch, you will never be a household name, and your husband is not Nick Saban.  He’s not even the head coach.  

If last episode was brought to use by House of Shah, this episode brought to you by Vida Tequila.  

I’m not sure with whom to side in the Lisa vs Whitney tequila debate.  What I thought was odd was that there was very, very little—suspiciously little—camera time devoted to  Whitney’s vow renewal last episode.  I think it may have been because a lot of people didn’t want to be filmed—there was a really bizarre scene of one of Whitney’s cousins apologizing to her on the stairs, and all you could see was them from the knees down, sort of like the nanny from Muppet Babies.  

But my point is that, without footage, and without knowing Whitney or Lisa, I have no idea who to believe.  What I do believe is that Whitney dropped the news about the badly behaved bartenders passive-aggressively and I would have had more respect for her if she had pulled Lisa aside and said, “as thankful as I am that you donated liquor to my party, the bartenders exhibited bad behavior.”  It is also crystal clear that Lisa said she was over it when she wasn’t over it, which is also passive-aggressive.  

Last week, people compared Whitney to Stephanie from Real Housewives of Dallas.  She is like Stephanie with Brandy’s red headed daughter though lol.

Call me crazy, but I think swinging and polygamy are two completely different things.  And if you’re neither...who gives a shit if Lisa Barlow says you are one or both?  I thought Whitney was trying to gives off the “I charmingly give no fucks” vibe.  How does feeling “threatened” by fictitious gossip fit with that image?  If someone threatened to tell the world I was a swinger, I’d be like, “go ahead!”  I’d take it as a compliment if everyone believed them—check me out!

I am not a big fan of sweet blonde Whitney with the whispery voice who seems to want to call so much attention to how she is bucking the system.  Her tag line should be the same tag line from Sammi from Jersey Shore:  “I’m the sweetest bitch you’ll ever meet.”  But that was so ten years ago.  

I don’t believe Whitney that she was the only one who stood by her dad when he was addicted to drugs.  Many people may have deserted him, but I get the feeling he had other support, just by virtue of the size of his family.  Way to leave the man no pride whatsoever by saying you’re his sole source of support, Whit.  Whitney the Martyr might make for a long season.  Her perma smile creeps me out too.  

The homes on this show aren’t that impressive to me.  I thought Salt Lake City was going to give us amazing architecture for some reason.  Instead, it appears we’re getting garden variety 4,000 square foot McMansions.  

Holy cow, Whitney has a cross to bear with the Mormon Church.  It’s at the point where I wish she would just take it up with a therapist and get off reality TV...especially on a show that is about life in Salt Lake City.  Isn’t that like raging against Islam from Riyadh? As Judge Judy would say, “a-move!”

Whitney is committing the cardinal sin in entertainment of telling, not showing.  I completely, 100% hear her loud and clear than Whitney fashions herself a bad ass.  Now get off the faux stripper pole that every single suburban mom has in her basement, and show us that you’re a badass.  

“I can’t get hurt before Sundance.”  Has a more pretentious sentence ever been uttered?  Lisa kind of won me over again after that for saying “I don’t care enough to judge you.”  This show needs more attitude, less hysterics.  

So Meredith and her husband are separated...so why did she and Number One Annoying Son of Reality TV seem so surprised that he wasn’t coming to her birthday party last episode?  Aren’t separated people supposed to be...separate?  And husband doesn’t have a girlfriend?!?  <Cough bullshit cough>. Unless he doesn’t count his hookers as girlfriends. Meredith is from Chicago, or so she said last episode.  What gives with the New York accent?  

I feel like a lot of these women are hiding a lot of shit, like more so than other franchises.  

Jen’s employees have to cheer her on while she skis indoors around stilettos?!?  Shades of Bethenny Frankel!!!

Heather is so full of shit when she says you can’t graduate from BYU if you flash someone.  Does she mean you can’t graduate if the administration catches you flashing?  Because that’s a completely different animal than getting expelled for flashing your tits in a vacuum.  I’m quite sure that there are girls at BYU right now who are flashing their tits in private.  Last episode, Lisa said she lived off campus all four years.  So is Heather saying that if she flashed her tits off campus and the administration didn’t find out, she would get kicked out of the school?  By what, osmosis?  How is this woman a college graduate and runner of a successful business?  The scenario she laid out reminds me of a Lifetime movie where a landlord installed hidden cameras in an apartment so he could spy on an attractive tenant.  But who would be the attractive woman in this equation?  

A thumbs up is a “fuck you”?  That’s the dumbest thing I heard since “smells like hospital.”  

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I feel like a lot of these women are hiding a lot of shit, like more so than other franchises.

I dunno if it’s cause these shows have been on so long or what but it seems like a lot of fakeness and trying to fit a certain housewife “stereotype” like you can pinpoint who they are attempting to emulate... like is this genuinely how these woman act? 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Pleased that we didn't have to endure Mary and Jen fighting about hospital smells throughout the entire episode.  Beverly Hills would have milked that for weeks.  Maybe even an entire season.

I think it's a question of how many times an episode will it be referenced.  Drinking game alert!

Was anyone surprised by the three who couldn't manage a mole hill let alone a ski slope? 

Million dollar hair care business? I need to see the receipts.

• LOL 11
9 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

I literally googled the thumbs up emoji to see if it had some secret F You meaning I wasn’t aware of. (Particularly since j use it with my Dad often, just to confirm plans etc)   It doesn’t appear to! So, um, what? 

Mary fascinates me, and not in a good way. She really does not seem to have any compassion or concern for people, which, where I come from, is completely opposite of ministers.  She can’t go to a hospital? So if one of her parishioners is hospitalized, Pastor Mary doesn’t visit? Okay.

Mary is wackadoo if my minister was that cold and unfeeling I’d def be wondering about finding a new church ... she completely coming across as self centered self involved she has no humility or concern for others it seems ... not a good look hopefully it’s just awkwardness because of the camera because if this is her behavior from day to day ... ooof 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5

Two weeks in and I’m nearly done. These Housewive Franchises have been going on too  long and have too many iterations that they’ve kind of become tropes and all the ladies look like caricatures.  No one is actually a friend to anyone and they start out fighting on Episode 1. I’ve had many women friends over the many years that I’ve been alive and if even one of them (or in some cases a whole table full of people) started talking to me the way any of these women do , and in public, I doubt I’d be around the.  Maybe when the first couple of these franchises started, a dramatic interlude was interesting drama, but now I feel like it’s all producer driven and all but scripted.

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’ve had many women friends over the many years that I’ve been alive and if even one of them (or in some cases a whole table full of people) started talking to me the way any of these women do , and in public, I doubt I’d be around the.

They're being paid to talk to other women this way and be talked to this way, so....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It's early days . . . . 😄 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I’m not sure with whom to side in the Lisa vs Whitney tequila debate.  What I thought was odd was that there was very, very little—suspiciously little—camera time devoted to  Whitney’s vow renewal last episode.  I think it may have been because a lot of people didn’t want to be filmed—there was a really bizarre scene of one of Whitney’s cousins apologizing to her on the stairs, and all you could see was them from the knees down, sort of like the nanny from Muppet Babies.  

But my point is that, without footage, and without knowing Whitney or Lisa, I have no idea who to believe.  What I do believe is that Whitney dropped the news about the badly behaved bartenders passive-aggressively and I would have had more respect for her if she had pulled Lisa aside and said, “as thankful as I am that you donated liquor to my party, the bartenders exhibited bad behavior.”  It is also crystal clear that Lisa said she was over it when she wasn’t over it, which is also passive-aggressive.  

I leaned towards Lisa (even though I probably liked Whitney better 😄 )because of the fact that although it was made clear that the tequila and bartenders were a gift, Whitney said something about "when we hired them" which was not accurate if she never hired them.  Also that she accepted the gift (Lisa says she requested it?  Who knows) but hadn't invited Lisa to the party.  Also that she then brought it up on camera to "help Lisa out" by letting her know her staff is no good.  On camera.  And then she made a snide TH about keeping her own tequila for herself (implying that Lisa's isn't so good.). Let's just say I liked Whitney better last week 😄  

Now I guess I have to get out there and start apologizing to most of my own friends and acquaintances, since I've been apparently texting them to fuck off every time I think I've been letting them know their messages have been received 😐

• LOL 12
  • Love 9

Mary actually gave me a laugh in this episode--during the heated exchange at dinner between Whitney & Lisa, she kept making all of these confused/shocked/disgusted/wackadoo faces.  It was really the best moment of the show. 

So is "Brooks" the SLC equivalent of the NYC "Cruise/Cruz"?  Now we have 2 kids with that name (Meredith's lip gloss loving son and Whitney's grilled cheese loving son).  I'll be waiting for the third next week, probably spelled "Brouques".

• LOL 16
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

I think it's a question of how many times an episode will it be referenced.  Drinking game alert!

Was anyone surprised by the three who couldn't manage a mole hill let alone a ski slope? 

Million dollar hair care business? I need to see the receipts.

Million dollar hair care business and a beauty school and he wears that insane wig?  

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Maybe I’m getting burned out from all the other  HW shows but watching the constant bickering about dumb stuff, on this show, ie: hospital smell, tequila, is getting old and boring. I liked watching them ski and was kinda impressed by the snow boarding skills and I loved looking at the beauty of the mountains. 
Using the thumbs up emoji means F you? I use it all the time to say Ok or great. I hope they’re wrong about that! 
I figured there was something funny about Meredith and the husband. And I think she’s got a boyfriend already. 

• Love 9

You know now that I think of it, said former counterpart of the three takeout stops that I mentioned in the Ep. 1 thread has a severe aversion to the 😉 emoji. That is FU to him. Some kind of hold over from a passive aggressive former boss. 

I kind of get the idea of how 👍 can be construed as FU but she took it too far and it really had no impact in the first place. 

• Love 1

Its a privilege to be in your circle for sure. .LOL

Why Does Lisa (who seems like she would fit in more in Jersey then this franchise) have NOTHING hanging on her walls other then the tv? it just looks so bare and empty like the background of every shot every wall is bare other then the tv ... is that a new thing?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Its a privilege to be in your circle for sure. .LOL

Why Does Lisa (who seems like she would fit in more in Jersey then this franchise) have NOTHING hanging on her walls other then the tv? it just looks so bare and empty like the background of every shot every wall is bare other then the tv ... is that a new thing?

I wonder if its a rental for filming, similar to Tinsley's hotel room. Except Tinsley had allllll of her sh*t there because she had no other place to go with it.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

So Meredith and her husband are separated...so why did she and Number One Annoying Son of Reality TV seem so surprised that he wasn’t coming to her birthday party last episode?  Aren’t separated people supposed to be...separate?  And husband doesn’t have a girlfriend?!?  <Cough bullshit cough>. Unless he doesn’t count his hookers as girlfriends. Meredith is from Chicago, or so she said last episode.  What gives with the New York accent?  

It seems like a total disconnect from what the portrayal they were going for in the first episode.  Why the big floral display in the first episode then?  Was David Rose Light using the opportunity for something to put in his portfolio?  I'm left wondering if they were initially going for one story but then as filming went on changed course.  

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Is it a short term rental maybe?  The kids bedrooms seemed oddly decorated too.  I suppose it's possible someone would not want cameras in their own home and would rent during filming. I've read rumors that some housewives on other franchises use rentals to make themselves look better off than they actually are, but this one doesn't seem to be going for an opulent display.  

Heather seems to have gone to the Ramona Singer school of emoting.  She makes the same kind of facial expressions when she's trying to show some emotion.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Is it a short term rental maybe?  The kids bedrooms seemed oddly decorated too.  I suppose it's possible someone would not want cameras in their own home and would rent during filming. I've read rumors that some housewives on other franchises use rentals to make themselves look better off than they actually are, but this one doesn't seem to be going for an opulent display.  

Just get some of those Nailless 3M hangers and hang some shit up .... lol it just screams This isnt our house

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I can't take Jen and her frog face seriously.

She's garbage, I hate her.  

I hate that she goes after the one black woman on this show, when I know damn well that if SHE were black, her husband wouldn't have looked at her twice.  Believe me, I went to school with trash like Jen, I know their game.

• Love 8

Re watching that awkward ass dinner with Meredith and her poor husband  she really doesn't come off looking at all good in it .... She is totally hiding something from her Husband ... Even tho he still seems to be into her she gives off the IDGAF vibe towards him ......Dude id cut bait and run

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

One of the lookalikes, the one with the straight hair, looks like the Bellas.  But I still don’t know which of these ladies is which, facially.  I know Meredith is married to Chicago husband and the other one has 2 boys and a dog and the tequila.  

So far I like Heather the best.  I would hangout with her.

• Love 16

Brooks tries to portray worldly, stylish wunderkind. But, he wouldn't make it 10 minutes on his own without supreme Mormon male privilege and his momma's money. I would love to see him with other non-Mormon gen Z'ers his age or in a work setting that is not run by one of his parents, to get a better idea of whether his personality is as insufferable as it appears at first glance.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, red12 said:

But, he wouldn't make it 10 minutes on his own without supreme Mormon male privilege

They are Jewish not Mormon. And based on his statements he seems to have grown up in Chicago not Park City.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

I guess my local gossip source was right when he said that he has known Meredith a long time and she never mentioned her husband. I guess that makes sense now. 

I’m guessing at least half of these women are renting their homes for the show. 

I feel really bad for Whitney and her dad. He looked pretty bad. Also Meredith’s husband seemed sort of drunk on his appearances? Or am I just imagining things? 

The women on this show seem extra guarded and aware of how they’re being portrayed right now. It’s not entertaining. The only honest people seem to be Heather and Whitney. And maybe Mary? I don’t think Mary knows how to censor herself 

• Love 7

Trying to judge Whitney vs Lisa is impossible because they are both Karens to the extreme. Whitney was passive aggressively signaling that she politely accepted Lisa's basic b*tch tequila as a free advertisement only for the bartenders to trash her house. Lisa is angry because she only provided so much free product to advertise but then Whitney turned around and insulted her "brand" right in front of the cameras. It was a failed business transaction that they both look the worse for. Perhaps Lisa slightly more so because if your tequila is *so* popular and you're *so* well connected why are you outraged at being out 500 people's worth of alcohol?

Meredith having to swan in during her own alleged birthday party to tell Jen it's inappropriate as a hostess to be screaming and cursing only one room away was hilarious. I don't think she was planning to have "secretly separated" as her storyline. She looked very angry her husband brought it up and he looked like he got drunk as an excuse to air her out on tv and maybe guilt her into giving him another chance. Her forced cheers with the next round drinks to get him to stop talking about their phones did not feel like it was for the cameras.

Heather and her buddies showed up to actually ski while the rest of the brigade came to take a cute photo op before grabbing cocoa. That felt like such a send up to every teenage "Mean Girls" style movie ever. Heather's obvious insecurity over dinner was the perfect garnish on top. She should roll her eyes and let it go, but I totally get why she can't drop the fact Lisa still wants to act holier than thou when everyone is airing out their business for ratings on the same damn show. Ultraconnected rich housewives that can get into real exclusive Sundance parties don't need RH, honey stop lying to us.

Edited by rozen
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I can’t with her big hairy pink jacket it’s beyond ridiculous 

There's two of them in this episode: Meredith at her birthday party and Lisa at the Ski Day!

21 hours ago, Michichick said:

Lisa just seems like a cold person. Does she like any of the other women?

She also seems fake- did you see her making the rounds at the party?  She literally told each person, "I love your ______ (fill in the blank)" and then went on to the next.  Is this her way of networking?  Hopefully the women there are not so superficial that they are flattered by that crap.

• Love 10

New drinking game: take a drink each time Lisa mentions Sundance!

20 hours ago, princelina said:

Now I guess I have to get out there and start apologizing to most of my own friends and acquaintances, since I've been apparently texting them to fuck off every time I think I've been letting them know their messages have been received 😐

LOL 😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They are Jewish not Mormon. And based on his statements he seems to have grown up in Chicago not Park City.

I could have his mom confused with the other housewife she looks like who also talked about being born Jewish.  I thought both ladies converted during their late teens /early 20's. My issue still stands. Brooke comes off like an entitled brat and I hated the way he spoke to his mother. 

• Love 5

I realize that in order to be a Real Zoo Ape of ______ City/County, one must behave as a hog; nevertheless, do they ALL have to be such uneducated, uncultured, un-civic-minded lumbering oafs? They have the saddest, most boring, meaningless lives I've ever seen. And was one of these nitwits picking up slop from fast food drive-through windows and acting like she was privileged and eating at The French Laundry? What a bunch of rubes, rednecks, and yahoos. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

So when Mary said again how she freaks out over hospital smell because she had 12 surgeries to remove her odor glands, I thought odor glands was referring to the olfactory system. If that is the case, how could she smell anything? 
Googled odor glands and scent glands popped up. First thing was anal gland aspiration for dogs. Not what she had done. So yes humans have anal glands, which can require surgery if there is an abscess or fistula, which I had when I was two (no surgery, no stitches, stupid doctor just said let it heal, got kidney infection and UTI - Mom still thinks he was wonderful, but I digress). There was also mention of sweat glands where they do endoscopic surgery to the nerves in your chest, so your pits do not stink (or Botox is an alternative). I could be wrong, but something kind of stinks about Mary’s story.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, red12 said:

I could have his mom confused with the other housewife she looks like who also talked about being born Jewish.  I thought both ladies converted during their late teens /early 20's. My issue still stands. Brooke comes off like an entitled brat and I hated the way he spoke to his mother. 

Nope Lisa is the one who is “Jewish by heritage and Mormon by choice” age of conversion  not really stated because of the way she told the story, married a Mormon who her sister had a crush on during their mission, went to BYU with Heather, and has two sons one young and one who just got his learners permit. Meredith is Jewish from Chicago, did not convert, and only lives in Park City in the winter. Her 21 year old gay son talked about being raised in urban areas and not wanting to go on the hike. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

They both seemed, imo, to be either already drunk or stoned or both in the restaurant/drinks scene.

Meredith's husband was definitely wasted, and it was not a good look. I know the look well. No question.

Lisa's a cold stone bitch. Her trout pout and pink feathery jacket to match were embarrassing . So is she an active mormon that sells tequila? That would not fly in any Mormon community. I know, I live here. But as she said, she loves money. People with money don't talk about it hon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

So when Mary said again how she freaks out over hospital smell because she had 12 surgeries to remove her odor glands, I thought odor glands was referring to the olfactory system. If that is the case, how could she smell anything? 
Googled odor glands and scent glands popped up. First thing was anal gland aspiration for dogs. Not what she had done. So yes humans have anal glands, which can require surgery if there is an abscess or fistula, which I had when I was two (no surgery, no stitches, stupid doctor just said let it heal, got kidney infection and UTI - Mom still thinks he was wonderful, but I digress). There was also mention of sweat glands where they do endoscopic surgery to the nerves in your chest, so your pits do not stink (or Botox is an alternative). I could be wrong, but something kind of stinks about Mary’s story.

She’s just odd to me.  Something seems off with her like there’s a disconnect.  It may get annoying or it could be a much needed break from the others. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

According to outside sources who are ex-members of Mary's church (the Reddit is referenced on the thread about the first ep, I think), Mary and her step-grandpa disappeared from the church for @ 3yrs. During that time, he would call in and issue marching orders and updates on Mary's alleged condition. She was supposed to be close to death and having life saving surgeries. When Mary made her miraculous return, it was with a different face, thinner body, skin several shades lighter and blond hair (which has been forbidden to other women in the church from the pulpit). 

Apparently, she nor her husband put very much effort into a plausible explanation for her to use instead of "odor gland" removal. That is just another flag for me that they have an insular, cultish following who don't know or want to know facts. If she thinks that crap with fly with those of us outside of her congregation, it's because she probably surrounds herself with "yes" people who wouldn't think to challenge it. I suspect eventually production will stop letting her lazy lies slide once viewers keep watching and there is enough contradictory footage to give her the shade edit.

Edited by red12
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I realize that in order to be a Real Zoo Ape of ______ City/County, one must behave as a hog; nevertheless, do they ALL have to be such uneducated, uncultured, un-civic-minded lumbering oafs? They have the saddest, most boring, meaningless lives I've ever seen. And was one of these nitwits picking up slop from fast food drive-through windows and acting like she was privileged and eating at The French Laundry? What a bunch of rubes, rednecks, and yahoos. 

Agreed. After the first episode I thought I would might watch. But about 15 minutes into this one and I decided I'm dropping out. Not only are they all the things you've said - and proud of it - but they're all just caricatures of RH's at this point. Each has picked her "role" and is badly playing it to the nth degree.

As weird as Mary is, she's probably the "realest" of them all right now simply because I really do think she's this big of a destructive whacko in real life. And that would be all well and good and possibly fun to watch in a train wreck kind of way, but reading about her cult and how much she and grandpa hubby have stolen from their members financially and spiritually, I can't laugh at her. 

I think it's all just coming in way too hot and heavy-handed for me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4