Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: A Snow Mountain Of Trouble

• Start Topic

I'm still lost and it's so early in this iteration of Housewives.

They still look alike except Mary and nobody is born with that face. I hate confusion so I think I'm out and will just read everyone's take which seems to be much more fun than the actual show.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Meredith's husband was definitely wasted, and it was not a good look. I know the look well. No question.

Lisa's a cold stone bitch. Her trout pout and pink feathery jacket to match were embarrassing . So is she an active mormon that sells tequila? That would not fly in any Mormon community. I know, I live here. But as she said, she loves money. People with money don't talk about it hon.

I don't think she's an active member of the church at all.

• Love 1

Mary might be dumber than we think. She better be careful what she says and shows.  The feds came after Teresa and Joe based on what they saw on RHWNJ. The IRS could very well be on to this charlatan and her church. She and hubby are pretty shady.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
18 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

So when Mary said again how she freaks out over hospital smell because she had 12 surgeries to remove her odor glands, I thought odor glands was referring to the olfactory system. If that is the case, how could she smell anything? 
Googled odor glands and scent glands popped up. First thing was anal gland aspiration for dogs. Not what she had done. So yes humans have anal glands, which can require surgery if there is an abscess or fistula, which I had when I was two (no surgery, no stitches, stupid doctor just said let it heal, got kidney infection and UTI - Mom still thinks he was wonderful, but I digress). There was also mention of sweat glands where they do endoscopic surgery to the nerves in your chest, so your pits do not stink (or Botox is an alternative). I could be wrong, but something kind of stinks about Mary’s story.

Pun intended?  🤣

17 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

Only if Lisa is donating the tequila!

There would only be enough for 500 of us!

21 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

They both seemed, imo, to be either already drunk or stoned or both in the restaurant/drinks scene.

So - the husband - what does he do, in Chicago?  He said he's chasing a whale, so fisherman?  (HAHA JK)

She is really over him.  I am surprised they are even trying.  I like her house.  Is it she that makes the money?  

• LOL 4

Damn, right out of the gate I thought this franchise was going to be soooo good. No so much now. It's just the same ol', same ol' different city. 

First of all, lets get the superficial out of the way. They all need to hire stylists to teach these bitches how to dress, apply makeup and start spending proper money on extensions and wigs. They are very hard to look at. 

I couldn't follow what they were all arguing about at the table. It was too much or maybe I'm just burnt out on the whole women fighting over lame bullshit. We can see it on any given franchise. All I got was thumbs up=fuck you. And to think of all the people I have innocently texted thumbs up to over the years thinking I was being nice. Uh, oh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

I'm still lost and it's so early in this iteration of Housewives.

They still look alike except Mary and nobody is born with that face. I hate confusion so I think I'm out and will just read everyone's take which seems to be much more fun than the actual show.

I have not learned any SLC HW's name.  

The beefy blonde has a weird thing going on with her tongue when she speaks.

The Church Lady had to marry her Step Grandfather?, Really, HAD to marry him?  Couldn't they just work in the church together?

The tequilla couple are well on their way to not being a couple, why would they be happy to play it out on camera?  Their house looks like it is not finished, is that one of those Mormon things that they never finish their homes because then they don't have to pay taxes on the house?  I thought I heard information about that from some Mormon/Plural Marriage documentary that I saw years ago.

It would be nice if Bravo does not include the HW's kids in this shit show, they are rarely value added.

• Love 5

I like this RH iteration so far.  I'm still trying to figure out who is who but I definitely know Mary.  She wants to send her son to boarding school for his senior year of high school?  Oh yeah, that is a fantastic idea on so very many levels. (I'd insert a thumbs up here if I knew how).

It will be interesting to see how the ex-communicated woman plays out (can't remember names--see above).  I would think that being ex-communication would be a HUGE deal in SLC and yet they didn't move.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MaggieG said:

How long have they been filming this season? Last episode we get a flashback to Mary/Jenn that was 6 months ago and this week we get one from Whitney/Lisa that was 4 months ago.

They apparently didn’t like the direction it was going in so paused filming and fired the production company and hired Shed who produce New York.

• Useful 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Mary might be dumber than we think. She better be careful what she says and shows.  The feds came after Teresa and Joe based on what they saw on RHWNJ. The IRS could very well be on to this charlatan and her church. She and hubby are pretty shady.  

Actually, I think Mary may be smarter than we think. She was making sense and trying to make peace at that table. Once again, I am happy for closed captioning otherwise I would not have known what she was saying. But she was trying to be a peacemaker.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, sauce62 said:

Meredith's husband was definitely wasted, and it was not a good look. I know the look well. No question.

Lisa's a cold stone bitch. Her trout pout and pink feathery jacket to match were embarrassing . So is she an active mormon that sells tequila? That would not fly in any Mormon community. I know, I live here. But as she said, she loves money. People with money don't talk about it hon.

Seems very hypocritical.  But, she describes herself as Mormon 2.0. Is that a thing?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The difference is the CHURCH- nontaxable!  The money they get from their members should not be used on extravagant spending on Mary's part, but religion is protected under the law.  I would love it if there was an investigation to see if funds were misused, but in reality I don't think that will happen.  Maybe we can hope some of the congregation will see this and wake up to the abuse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

They apparently didn’t like the direction it was going in so paused filming and fired the production company and hired Shed who produce New York.

I was wondering if it was something like this. At “Merideth’s” party there were shots of some women who were physically close to the cast at times and seemed included in the housewives huddle. I guessed there were women who didn’t make the “cut” and so have been basically mostly edited out.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, MaggieG said:

How long have they been filming this season? Last episode we get a flashback to Mary/Jenn that was 6 months ago and this week we get one from Whitney/Lisa that was 4 months ago.

It looked like there were Christmas decorations up in the background at Whitney’s house and Mary’s house.  Which would have been last Christmas??

Just being honest, most of these women give me the creepers. 

I think with a Housewives franchise, you need some degree of relatability somewhere. You need to feel that you have something even very small in common with a couple of them. 

But Salt Lake City is just weeeirdo. 

Why is Mary on this show? She’s clearly very mentally ill AND uses church funds for herself! She should have never been hired.  

Jen with the freakish eyebrows, trying waaay too hard to be some badass “Housewife”. Manufactured drama at every turn. 

I actually enjoy Heather, and find Whitney (and her be-wigged dad, lol) pretty interesting. 

Meredith is very haughty and cold but  fairly interesting. Get her famewhore son off the show though. 

Lisa has NO personality and is cold/hard. 

Someone at Bravo needs to get the memo that wealth is fun to watch but can they also recruit some somewhat normal women??! SLC is way too out-there, what a letdown. 

A positive: the scenery is gorgeous! 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Jen with the freakish eyebrows, trying waaay too hard to be some badass “Housewife”. Manufactured drama at every turn. 

Seriously, what is up with those eyebrows?  What does she color them in with?  Too shiny!  They are the first thing I see every time she is on camera.  

• Love 5
On 11/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Is it bad that I laughed when Jen(?) said that Mary looked like a Christmas tree at Meredith's birthday party? and then laughed again when Bravo showed a shot of her looking like a Christmas tree at Meredith's birthday party?

That dress reminds me  a of RuPaul’s Drag Race sewing challenge episode.  The unseasoned queen never learned how to sew.   This is the dress she came up with, causing her to ultimately sashay away!   What was with the striped strap purse she carried?    And the clunky jewelry?  Maybe grandpa-husband, with the painted on eyebrows, picked her ensemble out.   

• LOL 5

I don't want to stray too far off the episode but Mary was involved in a huge will dispute involving "ownership" of the church. There was a link to an article about it which explored just how awful she is. The Church and the businesses they operate are wildly profitable and non-taxable so even more profitable for whoever "owns" them.

As someone posted upthread, she has had very extensive plastic surgery. At one point she disappeared for awhile from the Church and the congregants were told to pray for her as she had a serious illness and then came back completely transformed - since I find her hideous I won't say she was "improved".

The congregants are mostly poor and are asked to donate significantly. She evidently claims that she is a "god" of some kind. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Seems very hypocritical.  But, she describes herself as Mormon 2.0. Is that a thing?

Haha, no.  Maybe she's trying to make it a thing?  There are all types of Mormons, from very devout to those who don't practice at all, but consider themselves members.  I think that's what she is.  But who knows?  Maybe we'll see her attending church one day.  

• Love 1

I like the backdrop of SLC and the snow. Other than that, I’m losing interest. The snobby one was too sophisticated to wear anything but black last week sitting in the pink feathered looking number talking about not judging people isn’t too entertaining.

I kind of like Heather and Whitney. Heather overdid the face work. So did the coaches wife. 
Meredith was separated when he did the rose petal thing via the son? Why do the family scene when they are already split?
I want to see more of Whitney’s dad. He’s probably the most real one on the show. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Just being honest, most of these women give me the creepers. 

I think with a Housewives franchise, you need some degree of relatability somewhere. You need to feel that you have something even very small in common with a couple of them. 

But Salt Lake City is just weeeirdo. 

Why is Mary on this show? She’s clearly very mentally ill AND uses church funds for herself! She should have never been hired.  

I actually enjoy Heather, and find Whitney (and her be-wigged dad, lol) pretty interesting. 

Meredith is very haughty and cold but  interesting. Get her famewhore son off the show though. 

Lisa has NO personality and is cold/hard. 

Someone at Bravo needs to get the memo that wealth is fun to watch but can they also recruit some somewhat normal women??! SLC is way too out-there, what a letdown. 

A positive: the scenery is gorgeous! 

My feelings exactly. Good summary of this franchise, Sage.

I will give it a little more time.

• Love 4
On 11/19/2020 at 6:41 PM, SweetieDarling said:

Is it bad that I laughed when Jen(?) said that Mary looked like a Christmas tree at Meredith's birthday party? and then laughed again when Bravo showed a shot of her looking like a Christmas tree at Meredith's birthday party?

Did anyone else notice that Mary's purse still had a sales tag attached?  It appeared to be attached to the shoulder strap.  I noticed, because that purse (assuming it was a Gucci, from the colors) did not go with her Christimas tree tutu ensemble.  

I was reminded of Sonja Morgan, who also leaves tags on things and then returns them after she's worn them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Did anyone else notice that Mary's purse still had a sales tag attached?  It appeared to be attached to the shoulder strap.  I noticed, because that purse (assuming it was a Gucci, from the colors) did not go with her Christimas tree tutu ensemble.  

I was reminded of Sonja Morgan, who also leaves tags on things and then returns them after she's worn them.

I thought I saw a price tag near her armpit/shoulder! I assumed it was for the dress, but the purse makes sense too.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, albarino said:

It will be interesting to see how the ex-communicated woman plays out (can't remember names--see above).  I would think that being ex-communication would be a HUGE deal in SLC and yet they didn't move.

Eh, it's not a big deal in Salt Lake, but it is a big deal if you are a member of the Church. BTW, someone can be excommunicated and still attend church. Although, they can't partake of the sacrament. I've known a few who did and eventually were rebaptized. I suspect that most never return.

Salt Lake City has very beautiful women and I was expecting to see some real knockouts in the cast. Gah, the work the cast has had makes them look old and tired. Their makeup doesn't help either.

It was fun to see them skiing/snowboarding at Snowbird, my favorite resort. Whitney's snowboarding was impressive.

• Love 3

Thoughts on ep 2! 

--I didn't think I'd like Heather but I kind of... do.

--On the other hand, Whitney seemed likeable enough in the first episode, but she showed her true colors in this episode.  I don't even like Brunette Tequila Housewife ("Lisa," I guess?), but the way Whitney approached her about the bartenders was bitchy as hell.  

--Does Whitney actually think polygamy is the same as swinging?  Also, on a superficial note, she pronounces "swinger" in a really odd way...

--Why was Whitney's dad wearing a Liza Minnelli Halloween costume wig?

--First impression of Meredith's husband is that he seems like kind of an ass.  Not a big fan of all of the lack-of-sex jokes.

--In general, Meredith seems okay, but, "When I told her to confront Lisa, I didn't know that it would be at a dinner party," really?  Are you new?  Have you literally never seen a Housewives episode before?

• Love 4
On 11/18/2020 at 11:27 PM, enchantingmonkey said:

Pleased that we didn't have to endure Mary and Jen fighting about hospital smells throughout the entire episode.  Beverly Hills would have milked that for weeks.  Maybe even an entire season.  

Heck, BH would have milked the thumbs up emoji for an entire season! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 11/19/2020 at 10:33 PM, StevieRocks said:

I realize that in order to be a Real Zoo Ape of ______ City/County, one must behave as a hog; nevertheless, do they ALL have to be such uneducated, uncultured, un-civic-minded lumbering oafs? They have the saddest, most boring, meaningless lives I've ever seen. And was one of these nitwits picking up slop from fast food drive-through windows and acting like she was privileged and eating at The French Laundry? What a bunch of rubes, rednecks, and yahoos. 

I totally hear this. On the other hand, the world has gone to shit and I can’t send my kid to school or see extended family and these women live in an alternative universe where they’re bickering over emojis and drunk bartenders— so, for right now, I am here for it. 

• Love 6

The congregants are mostly poor and are asked to donate significantly. 

The church looks like something that sprung up in an abandoned house in a bad part of town.  Which is why I'm so perplexed by the excess of money.  The churchgoers definitely did not look of the well heeled sort.  I'd like to know the math here.  Mary is no Joel Osteen.  

Also, on a superficial note, she pronounces "swinger" in a really odd way...

Swing-grrr.  Too hard of a "g".  Erin from Home Town does this all the time too and it drives me nuts.  I kind of like Whitney but her voice is like she's doing a bad Marilyn Monroe imitation. 

I disagree that she shouldn't have said anything to Lisa.  The bartenders were Lisa's employee's or someone she utilizes herself for events, correct?  She was absolutely right to give Lisa a heads up on their less than professional behavior.  It could reflect badly upon Lisa and her "brahhnnd".  I don't think it took away from her being appreciate of the gift.  It was a completely separate matter.  I think the problem was she didn't bow and kiss Lisa's ring extensively enough.  

Meredith looks so much like someone it makes me want to scream.  I keep coming back to Brooke Shields but I know that's not right.

As hard as she is to look at, I really liked Heather.   

• Love 3