Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

As coronavirus makes its way to California, Shannon stocks up on supplies, and Kelly gets bad news.

Sure, you're thinking bringing coronavirus into the show is the worst part, but we also have the kiss of death, er, vow renewal to which Klassy Kelly brings tequila.  

Original air date 2020.11.18

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Boy, for a woman with seven kids, Brownstone sure has a lot of time of taking herself everywhere and with everybody to talk the same bullshit.  They are still on the kick about what Shannon said or didn’t say.  Elizabeth still talking about her money.  My divorced girlfriends can’t find a guy.  How did Shannon,Gina and Elizabeth find someone so quickly?  That’s not their real hair is it?  I hope the vow renewal is at the end so I don’t have to watch this phony production.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

Oh, here comes Brownstones mother with the colored snakes in her hair.  Good Lord.  Plus, pain in the ass Sean tagging along.  Doesn’t the guy have a job?  What a yenta.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 14
  • Love 9

So far I am liking the gradual awareness of coronavirus, especially the I’m sure increasing freak out Shannon will have, which actually feels real since we all lived through it.  But, that one interspersed Today show news clip kind of freaked me out.  I don’t want  to relive that part please. 

• Like 1
  • Love 17

Kelly just said she was at the vow renewal with her second gay husband.  Kelly, that would mean either Michael or Rick is also gay.  Also, you don’t know the word tincture?  Moron.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
Just now, LakeGal said:

I am finding Shane amusing this season.  It even shocks me.

I feel exactly the same.  He seems to survive without all the booze.

Jeez, Shannon has not changed despite the new guy.  She’s been going on and on about the “sad” comment and now about the “water”.  Are either one of those comments something to be so upset about?  I like the lemon, cayenne pepper drink and would buy that.  I don’t use any of those little bottles of supplement or energy boosts.  She should just invested in a mutual fund and changed her lifestyle. 

• Love 20

Emily’s red dress is not for her.  Too short and the side slit not a good look.  She’s not thin enough.  While I’m snarking, Shannon over did it on the top lip.  Her and Kelly will be fighting about their beverages soon.    What the hell was that?  A renewal?  It didn’t look like one to me.  Their Son saying some crazy thing I didn’t even understand.  The weirdos don’t fall far from the tree.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Love 17

Kelly with Rick and the sex is like the lady who doth protest too much—the more she points at her privates and says what Rick is doing down there, the less I believe there are major fireworks going on.

Is Gina bigger than Emily at this point?  That’s what it looked like when they were walking down the hill to train.  Regardless, I find the way Gina talks about her fat so much more than the way Emily talks about her fat.  Gina, unlike Emily, doesn’t hide behind “not being a size two” (as if saying that makes us think she may be a four).  Gina talks about her rolls and eating that cookie and it’s refreshing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Gina lost all of her weight and if Emily stayed at her current elevated weight forever (Emily used to be thin, unless it was just creative editing, which she used a lot on IG, when they flash back to pictures of her in her former life as a party planner, which...what ever happened to that?)

I can’t explain why it bothers me so much, but I can’t stand it when they ride bicycles on this franchise.  They started doing it last year, when Kelly and Braunwyn bicycled to the bicycle store to buy Dr Reagan a $1,200 bicycle, and it just feels contrived to me.  It feels like a virtue signal toward “being green” more than anything else.  It also doesn’t feel organic to the franchise.  I would find it more refreshing if they would take a stretch Hummer to their destination, which is what would have happened seasons 1-5.  They have strayed so far from what goes on “behind the gates.”  Sigh.  

Does anyone actually give one shit about this vow renewal?  I mean, when Vicki and Donn and then Shannon and David renewed their vows, they all did it as part of one episode, and my guess as to ‘why’ is because this topic is fucking boring and stale.  I guess it beats a sixth consecutive episode about whether someone said the word “sad” off camera.  

Did I hear Gina right?  What she got out of the AA meeting was that she can’t be mad at Braunwyn, because Braunwyn was drunk when she exhibited shitty behavior?  I don’t quite remember someone tying Braunwyn down and forcing her to drink last season.  I’m pretty sure all of her behavior was of her own volition.  Braunwyn actually looks sick and crazy to me.  I mean, sick with an actual disease that is causing heart palpitations, and crazy as in certifiable.  She looks like she needs to be checked into a hospital.  When they show pictures of her from the past, I am just like, gurl, you’re 42?  Life has not been kind...

I’m not interested in watching them quarantine and buy toilet paper for coronavirus.  I find that shit so boring.  If there was a way for the coronavirus not to have happened on reality TV, I would be so much happier.  

I’d actually be so much happier if they conducted significantly less business on this show.  It was one thing for Vicki to always be dressed in some 1990s business suit and hollering about how she has to go to work, because that was her character.  Kelly being in the water business, and Shannon being in the lemon business just doesn’t interest me.  I’d rather just watch a half hour show and have them cut out the business part.   

Score with Shane and the snarkasm: “I think every time you have a threesome, you have to renew your vows.”  If that were true, the venue could stay open just on Braunwyn and Sean’s accounts.  

So...the hotel employee, Braunwyn and Sean think that there is a place called “the Silicone Valley”?  A bunch of MENSA members, all around. 

I have been hesitant to like Elizabeth, but I actually laughed out loud when she accidentally sent her estranged husband a heart emoji the day after an eight hour deposition.  I lol’ed again when Shane needed his wife to open jars for him, ha!  I lol’ed again when Emily said Sean’s statement necklaces were from Survivor, and Sean was not getting voted off the island!

I feel like this franchise has potential for good senses of humor—between Emily not taking things too seriously, Gina’s calling it like she sees it, Kelly’s bizarre antics, and Shannon’s wry jokes—but that one humorless asshole with the giant chompers just blows the equation.  I’m thinking I would rather have Tamra back than Braunwyn.  I’d rather have freaking Gretchen soaking up all the attention.  

It happens once in a blue moon, but I agree with Kelly on her metaphor that not serving tequila at your party because you’re an alcoholic is like being diabetic and not serving cake.  I recently re-watched an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where Kim had a graduation party for her daughter with no alcohol.  Buzz kill, much?  Once again, no one is tying Braunwyn down and pouring alcohol down her throat. 

I also think this “tequila is my trigger” thing is something made up by Braunwyn to seem like more of a special snowflake.  I am not going back to rewatch, but I would bet money on the idea that she got in plenty of trouble with vodka last season.  If she doesn’t want alcohol at her event, have the balls enough to put it on the invitation, and then see who actually bothers to show up.  All this drama around tequila specifically seems manufactured. 

If Gina promised Braunwyn she wouldn’t drink, that’s between the two of them; that onus is not on anyone else.  I hate that passive-aggressive bullshit of hushed voices and “is Elizabeth drinking?”  It’s an event in the western world; people are drinking!  Why can’t the sober people just mind their own business like Shane?  I can barely remember the last time I had a drink, it’s been so long, and I don’t feel the need to constantly talk about it...and it’s not like I don’t want to get buzzed up, but some of my behavior has been like Braunwyn’s in the past, so I cut back to the point of almost teetotaling.  So what?  I couldn’t imagine that being interesting enough to be the topic of conversation, much less a storyline. 

Braunwyn’s “wedding” dress was hideous, but exactly like her personality and the rest of her vow renewal—attention-seeking to the nth degree.  I laughed when the drag queen said that everyone needs to catch up on cocktails.  I don’t know whether to hate or pity or hate Braunwyn’s son (Jacob?)—hate because he is awful and tone-deaf and pity because of who his parents (and grandparents) are.  

Oh good, it looks like the next major arc for the season is water rights!  Someone call Jack Nicholson, because it looks like a Chinatown situation is going down.  Only without the murder, espionage, intrigue, witty repartee, and incest.  Le snooze.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Shannon’s going to lose her man if she keeps up this bitching and accusing.  

Just now, ErikaOnline said:

I liked Braunwyn's wedding dress. Shannon doesn't seem any happier with her new man. I'm surprised she came at kelly (c***) like that when asked about her product. Kelly seemed embarrassed by her reaction lol.

I’m starting to wonder if John Janssen sticks around for the TV exposure - Shannon’s a real pain in the ass.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
58 minutes ago, nexxie said:

imo Shannon can’t be empathetic about struggling with sobriety because she’s got a big problem with alcohol herself. 

All these women do is drink morning, noon and night.  Is that normal?  I think they all are bored.  Too much money and nothing todo.  Why don’t they do something meaningful like helping out at a shelter or reading books to sick kids at a hospital, or spending some time with the elderly for an hour instead of blabbing constantly about menial things.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

So far I am liking the gradual awareness of coronavirus, especially the I’m sure increasing freak out Shannon will have, which actually feels real since we all lived through it.  But, that one interspersed Today show news clip kind of freaked me out.  I don’t want  to relive that part please. 

By no means is this virus getting better.  Here in N.Y.,it is getting worse day by day.  Most families are not getting together for the holidays.  Halloween did us in.  The virus is in some schools now, where it wasn’t before.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
43 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Gina doing the “finger in the hole, rock the baby” was hysterical, when she was commenting on Elizabeth’s lack of sex life. I’ve really warmed to her this season. She’s just seems a lot more honest about herself and she doesn’t seem like she’s threatened by the other cast’s affluence or take herself too seriously. 
I have had very little patience for Shannon the last few years, plus her shrill, nagging voice about everything sounds makes her sound like a fishmonger’s wife. I kind of expected her to have a more refined voice considering her tony upbringing. She’s just annoying. I can’t believe how nice and normal her boyfriend seems. 
All these women seem to have hulking shoulders except for Brownie. This is all about putting on a wedding dress, aren’t I pretty moment. I do feel bad this her mom is such a deplorable person. I can’t even imagine why she tries with her. 

I came here to mention this about Gina!!  She is obviously tall, and with heels, seems to tower over most of the other women (except, maybe, Emily).  Gina's posture is absolutely horrible, the way she hunches her back and shoulders.  I think she may have always been tall and tried to hunch down among her friends all the time.

Gina needs to be careful with this, as she could develop a hump in her back if she continues with this posture.

My grandmother would give us a whack or a pseudo karate chop between the shoulder blades, whenever she saw one of her grandchildren walking stooped or hunched over.  Gina needed someone like my grandmother in her life when she was a tween/teen!  

• Love 7
On 11/17/2020 at 3:40 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

You mean, when she can’t find “toe-let paper”?

She says it more like “toy-et paper.”  She also said another word strangely, can’t remember what.

It reminds me of the times I took adderall.. I wasn’t able to finish words, I’d slur/drop the ending.  I know she takes adderall, she’s mentioned it in an interview.  She may be taking too much.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Rick must be suffering a major mid-life crisis to saddle himself with someone like Kelly - and Kelly must’ve really studied up on Rinna’s famous book!

Kelly better watch out.  Three times a day could kill the guy.

• LOL 7

I’m amazed at the new was Kelly finds weekly to make herself look more and more like an idiot. Trying to make it look like Shannon is trying to horn in on her gluten free, vegan water business because she doesn’t know what tincture means, may be my favorite. Yes, Shannon is reactive and would be so much more powerful if she kept her cool and just explained basic words to Kelly, but I get that Kelly has basically been trying to build a case against her with everyone on the show. She’s been saying nasty things behind Shannon’s back in every episode. So yeah, maybe Shannon is overreacting about the water/tincture but I think she can actually see what Kelly is trying to do and THAT is why I think she’s so upset. They’ve been there before. Seems pretty clear that Kelly is a terrible person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
5 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I’m amazed at the new was Kelly finds weekly to make herself look more and more like an idiot. Trying to make it look like Shannon is trying to horn in on her gluten free, vegan water business because she doesn’t know what tincture means, may be my favorite. Yes, Shannon is reactive and would be so much more powerful if she kept her cool and just explained basic words to Kelly, but I get that Kelly has basically been trying to build a case against her with everyone on the show. She’s been saying nasty things behind Shannon’s back in every episode. So yeah, maybe Shannon is overreacting about the water/tincture but I think she can actually see what Kelly is trying to do and THAT is why I think she’s so upset. They’ve been there before. Seems pretty clear that Kelly is a terrible person.

That’s why I think Shannon should just shut it down and not give Kelly any oxygen to fuel her nastiness 🤷‍♀️

• Love 14

Kelly is really one of the most ignorant people on earth!!  Didn't she grow up and live in Arizona for a long time?  And, she doesn't know what a prickly pear is???  Give me a break!  Did she not even pay attention to anything in her surroundings?  Was she always as self-centered as she is now??  (These last two questions are purely for snarkiness purposes!)

She is also apparently just an "investor" and maybe a "face of" that canned drink, and not really involved in the business, as she doesn't even know what the flavors are!  And, neither does one of the guys in charge of that drink.  Prickly pear doesn't really have a "bite" - it is actually very sweet, similar to strawberries and raspberries blended together.  

17 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Might be what she’s counting on. Cha-ching!

Not until there is a wedding ring on her finger and a very generous will in the lawyer's office!

Edited by njbchlover
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10