Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Might be what she’s counting on. Cha-ching!

But, how much money can he have?  He's not a broadcasting legend.  I had never heard of him before this show and I'm a news junkie.  When I googled him, the most interesting thing I found was that we went to the same high school.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

Not until there is a wedding ring on her finger and a very generous will in the lawyer's office!

1 hour ago, Axie said:

But, how much money can he have?  He's not a broadcasting legend.  I had never heard of him before this show and I'm a news junkie.  When I googled him, the most interesting thing I found was that we went to the same high school.

If nothing else, leave it to Kelly Dodd to pawn that 10 carat ring she mentioned to her daughter - btw poor Jolie!

• Love 8

Kelly was such a jerk telling her daughter she needed to do something about that nose hair when they were FaceTiming. This kid is going to need major therapy if she isn’t in it already along with Brownie’s kids. 
She’s just nasty and for being on the younger side, she sure looks busted up and looks close to Shannon’s age than the rest of them. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I don’t think this is a popular opinion but now that we know that Braunwyn is an alcoholic, I am sympathetic toward her husband Sean.   Yes, you could call him an enabler, but as Elizabeth Vargas said, he didn’t know what to do.  He certainly can’t be more to blame than Braunwyn herself.  That said, clearly Braunwyn was damaged by that nut bag of a mother.  What the hell, how did her mother transform from that earlier picture into the crazy goof she is now?  She did not care for her child instead passed her around to relatives and friends during her medical training.  

I think Braunwyn and her Mum are a lot alike, both extremely narcissistic and Braunwyn has at least two nannies so is not exactly a real hands on mother herself.  I understand it would be difficult giving up alcohol but she seems to think everyone else should be involved in her process and that is typical of her attitude drunk or sober.  I really can’t even watch her.

Edited by endure
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kelly was such a jerk telling her daughter she needed to do something about that nose hair when they were FaceTiming. This kid is going to need major therapy if she isn’t in it already along with Brownie’s kids. 
She’s just nasty and for being on the younger side, she sure looks busted up and looks close to Shannon’s age than the rest of them. 

OMG that was horrible, her poor daughter takes a lot from her.  Kelly is so dumb and crass all the time she’s  embarrassing.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Kelly is really one of the most ignorant people on earth!!  Didn't she grow up and live in Arizona for a long time?  And, she doesn't know what a prickly pear is???  Give me a break!  Did she not even pay attention to anything in her surroundings?  Was she always as self-centered as she is now??  (These last two questions are purely for snarkiness purposes!)

She is also apparently just an "investor" and maybe a "face of" that canned drink, and not really involved in the business, as she doesn't even know what the flavors are!  And, neither does one of the guys in charge of that drink.  Prickly pear doesn't really have a "bite" - it is actually very sweet, similar to strawberries and raspberries blended together.  

Not until there is a wedding ring on her finger and a very generous will in the lawyer's office!

I was laughing as well at Kelly, claiming to work so hard on her beverage line, but doesn't know the flavours of the drink. And I doubt very much if Kelly would get much upon Rick's death, since he has two adult children. In addition. I thought I read somewhere that his apartment in NYC is a small one worth about $800,000? Not exactly rolling in it. 

Speaking of rolling in it, Kelly and Rick seem to have even less chemistry in bed that they do out of it. Ewwww. 

I am surprised that Brauny's kid that is supposedly into drag didn't wear a dress to the vow renewal. His comments at the renewal made me even more convinced that his fashion show last week was for attention and not much else. Speaking of attention, I see Brauny chose what was known a few years ago as a stripper wedding dress. Didn't know they were still a thing. 

As someone upthread pointed out, Elizabeth certainly talks a lot about money. And as Gina pointed out, for someone who isn't supposed to talk about her divorce, she talks about it alot. I wanted to like her, but so far do not. 

As someone who has always liked Shane (I know, we are a small but dedicated group) I am loving him this season. He is officially my favourite housewife, as my former fav Shannon is annoying me. Confront Kelly about her misinformation about your product Shannon, or STFU. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I am really enjoying him this season. It was so funny he was the only male on the bus drive to the renewal.

Emily’s dress was so short!!!

And way too tight too, not a flattering look.  Shane has been so engaging and funny, maybe he’s finally given in or he wants a spin off lol.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

She is also apparently just an "investor" and maybe a "face of" that canned drink, and not really involved in the business, as she doesn't even know what the flavors are!  And, neither does one of the guys in charge of that drink.  Prickly pear doesn't really have a "bite" - it is actually very sweet, similar to strawberries and raspberries blended together.  

Back in the before times, a neighborhood restaurant did a great prickly pear cocktail, and it was sweet just as you describe.  It was a perfect summer drink.

Speaking of drinking, between these women and the SLC women--I think I got acid reflux through the TV from the amount of tequila consumed.  It is the one major hard alcohol that I can only tolerate in small amounts.  That vodka drink they served at the vow renewal, otoh, I could hang with for a while.  

It's weird, I'm liking Emily and Gina the most the season and Shane is even tolerable (though he needs to see a dentist and give those teeth back to whatever cadaver he stole them from).  Jury is still out on Elizabeth.  Kelly should have been booted with Vicki & Tamra.  And Shannon is veering into the same territory Dorinda did last season, but at least Dorinda had more apparent stressors in her life.  Shannon keeps declaring she's "ha-, ha-, happy" with her new man and the blended gaggle of kids, but she seems more reactive over stupid shit this year than in her final year with David.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Axie said:

Kelly just said she was at the vow renewal with her second gay husband.  Kelly, that would mean either Michael or Rick is also gay.  Also, you don’t know the word tincture?  Moron.

I think she meant 2nd husband who happens to be gay maybe, hard to know what Kelly means most of the time 🤔

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kelly with Rick and the sex is like the lady who doth protest too much—the more she points at her privates and says what Rick is doing down there, the less I believe there are major fireworks going on.

Is Gina bigger than Emily at this point?  That’s what it looked like when they were walking down the hill to train.  Regardless, I find the way Gina talks about her fat so much more than the way Emily talks about her fat.  Gina, unlike Emily, doesn’t hide behind “not being a size two” (as if saying that makes us think she may be a four).  Gina talks about her rolls and eating that cookie and it’s refreshing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Gina lost all of her weight and if Emily stayed at her current elevated weight forever (Emily used to be thin, unless it was just creative editing, which she used a lot on IG, when they flash back to pictures of her in her former life as a party planner, which...what ever happened to that?)

I can’t explain why it bothers me so much, but I can’t stand it when they ride bicycles on this franchise.  They started doing it last year, when Kelly and Braunwyn bicycled to the bicycle store to buy Dr Reagan a $1,200 bicycle, and it just feels contrived to me.  It feels like a virtue signal toward “being green” more than anything else.  It also doesn’t feel organic to the franchise.  I would find it more refreshing if they would take a stretch Hummer to their destination, which is what would have happened seasons 1-5.  They have strayed so far from what goes on “behind the gates.”  Sigh.  

Does anyone actually give one shit about this vow renewal?  I mean, when Vicki and Donn and then Shannon and David renewed their vows, they all did it as part of one episode, and my guess as to ‘why’ is because this topic is fucking boring and stale.  I guess it beats a sixth consecutive episode about whether someone said the word “sad” off camera.  

Did I hear Gina right?  What she got out of the AA meeting was that she can’t be mad at Braunwyn, because Braunwyn was drunk when she exhibited shitty behavior?  I don’t quite remember someone tying Braunwyn down and forcing her to drink last season.  I’m pretty sure all of her behavior was of her own volition.  Braunwyn actually looks sick and crazy to me.  I mean, sick with an actual disease that is causing heart palpitations, and crazy as in certifiable.  She looks like she needs to be checked into a hospital.  When they show pictures of her from the past, I am just like, gurl, you’re 42?  Life has not been kind...

I’m not interested in watching them quarantine and buy toilet paper for coronavirus.  I find that shit so boring.  If there was a way for the coronavirus not to have happened on reality TV, I would be so much happier.  

I’d actually be so much happier if they conducted significantly less business on this show.  It was one thing for Vicki to always be dressed in some 1990s business suit and hollering about how she has to go to work, because that was her character.  Kelly being in the water business, and Shannon being in the lemon business just doesn’t interest me.  I’d rather just watch a half hour show and have them cut out the business part.   

Score with Shane and the snarkasm: “I think every time you have a threesome, you have to renew your vows.”  If that were true, the venue could stay open just on Braunwyn and Sean’s accounts.  

So...the hotel employee, Braunwyn and Sean think that there is a place called “the Silicone Valley”?  A bunch of MENSA members, all around. 

I have been hesitant to like Elizabeth, but I actually laughed out loud when she accidentally sent her estranged husband a heart emoji the day after an eight hour deposition.  I lol’ed again when Shane needed his wife to open jars for him, ha!  I lol’ed again when Emily said Sean’s statement necklaces were from Survivor, and Sean was not getting voted off the island!

I feel like this franchise has potential for good senses of humor—between Emily not taking things too seriously, Gina’s calling it like she sees it, Kelly’s bizarre antics, and Shannon’s wry jokes—but that one humorless asshole with the giant chompers just blows the equation.  I’m thinking I would rather have Tamra back than Braunwyn.  I’d rather have freaking Gretchen soaking up all the attention.  

It happens once in a blue moon, but I agree with Kelly on her metaphor that not serving tequila at your party because you’re an alcoholic is like being diabetic and not serving cake.  I recently re-watched an episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where Kim had a graduation party for her daughter with no alcohol.  Buzz kill, much?  Once again, no one is tying Braunwyn down and pouring alcohol down her throat. 

I also think this “tequila is my trigger” thing is something made up by Braunwyn to seem like more of a special snowflake.  I am not going back to rewatch, but I would bet money on the idea that she got in plenty of trouble with vodka last season.  If she doesn’t want alcohol at her event, have the balls enough to put it on the invitation, and then see who actually bothers to show up.  All this drama around tequila specifically seems manufactured. 

If Gina promised Braunwyn she wouldn’t drink, that’s between the two of them; that onus is not on anyone else.  I hate that passive-aggressive bullshit of hushed voices and “is Elizabeth drinking?”  It’s an event in the western world; people are drinking!  Why can’t the sober people just mind their own business like Shane?  I can barely remember the last time I had a drink, it’s been so long, and I don’t feel the need to constantly talk about it...and it’s not like I don’t want to get buzzed up, but some of my behavior has been like Braunwyn’s in the past, so I cut back to the point of almost teetotaling.  So what?  I couldn’t imagine that being interesting enough to be the topic of conversation, much less a storyline. 

Braunwyn’s “wedding” dress was hideous, but exactly like her personality and the rest of her vow renewal—attention-seeking to the nth degree.  I laughed when the drag queen said that everyone needs to catch up on cocktails.  I don’t know whether to hate or pity or hate Braunwyn’s son (Jacob?)—hate because he is awful and tone-deaf and pity because of who his parents (and grandparents) are.  

Oh good, it looks like the next major arc for the season is water rights!  Someone call Jack Nicholson, because it looks like a Chinatown situation is going down.  Only without the murder, espionage, intrigue, witty repartee, and incest.  Le snooze.  

I kind of recall reading an article regarding TLC putting or planning to have it their contracts that they will be entitled to a cut of any business started or promoted while on their franchise....maybe this season will be all about promoting the lemon and antioxidant waters 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

She says it more like “toy-et paper.”  She also said another word strangely, can’t remember what.

It reminds me of the times I took adderall.. I wasn’t able to finish words, I’d slur/drop the ending.  I know she take adderall, she’s mentioned it in an interview.  She may be talking too much.

Do you mean talking or taking too much - they both work 🙂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

That was a very strange vow renewal ceremony. I don't understand why Jacob would say rude things about his mother embezzling money & his dad hooking up with a 12 year old model. These are not nice things to say at a vow renewal ceremony.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Braunwyn’s kid Jacob is single-handedly bringing back the motto  “children should be seen and not heard”. What an attention-seeking brat. Feh

That’s what the parents get for letting the children be “free spirits”, just like them.  The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

• Love 20
10 hours ago, LakeGal said:

This show has too much Braunwyn.  Her mother is even worse.  

Yes. It felt like most of the hour was Braunwyn.  I cannot stand her, her mother and her husband.  This show is not fun.  I do not care about Braunwyn's sobriety and don't want to watch her dealing with it.   

On 11/17/2020 at 4:11 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I may have to watch on demand so I can FF through the vow renewal. I want an episode that’s Brawnwyn-lite for once. 

You might as well not watch because this episode was all Brawnwyn.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Shannon’s going to lose her man if she keeps up this bitching and accusing.  

I could see why David left her.  Another nut job in a different way, and annoying.  What happened to her frozen fish dinners she was hawking on t.v.?  Expensive and yucky looking.  They get a contributor, stamp their name on it, but don’t know anything about the process.  Kelly should be selling sex toys.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Kelly better watch out.  Three times a day could kill the guy.

Rinna wrote a book?  What’s it about?  How to survive on two crackers a day” or “ Having lots of Sex when your Husband is Gone 364 Days a Year?”

Edited by Silver Bells
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, oakville said:

That was a very strange vow renewal ceremony. I don't understand why Jacob would say rude things about his mother embezzling money & his dad hooking up with a 12 year old model. These are not nice things to say at a vow renewal ceremony.

And they say kids don’t know anything or hear anything.  Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Mr. & Mrs. Braunwyn Burke?  That tells me that drag queen had no idea who those people were. 

That son with the hair, WTF?  Did he smoke something before the ceremony?  D

id anyone else think that Mr. Braunwyn's necklace look like it was from Brighton's?

The wedding aside, Kelly continues to dress like Blanche Devereaux on a Saturday night while Emily borrowed a dress from Vicki, it was the wrong style and fit (just like something Vicki would wear), Gina dug deep in ther 90's Jersey wardrobe and Shannon wore something that was too small, shimmied in to a pair of Spanx and announced it to all. 

A wedding without tequila is not the worst thing in the world, the HW's could have it in their room and that should have been the end of the issue, not having a bar at a wedding where every one had to travel, that is a bad thing and if you are having that much of an issue with sobriety perhaps you should wait until you are on better footing to invite the crowd that is known for boozing it up to an event. 

I thought Brawny's dress was pretty but I would have opted to line the bustier, we have seen that dress a lot on SYTTD in different forms, it can be lined. Brawny is starting to look like a piece of gristle, she needs a little meat on her bones and to stay out of the sun.

Ugh, Mother Brawny and Step Father and their matching hats, they look like they would be exhausting be around.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

As someone who has always liked Shane (I know, we are a small but dedicated group) I am loving him this season. He is officially my favourite housewife, as my former fav Shannon is annoying me. Confront Kelly about her misinformation about your product Shannon, or STFU. 

This is true, I’m a member.  
The NoShameLikingShanes 

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Emily was on WWHL last week. She has lost a ton of weight and looks good. I always thought she was pretty in a way that is different from the bleached blond aging Barbie wannabes on these shows. She seems a lot happier this season and add me to those who are finding Shane witty and nice this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Rinna wrote a book?  What’s it about?  How to survive on two crackers a day” or “ Having lots of Sex when your Husband is Gone 364 Days a Year?”

It was a book on how to give a blow job. It was a plot point a few seasons ago because her daughter told her she learned how to give a BJ from reading the book.

If it covered anything else, I have no idea.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Emily was on WWHL last week. She has lost a ton of weight and looks good. I always thought she was pretty in a way that is different from the bleached blond aging Barbie wannabes on these shows. She seems a lot happier this season and add me to those who are finding Shane witty and nice this season. 

Shane is a perfect example of the saying, "Happy wife, happy life". In Emily's first years on the show she constantly ran down Shane, and finally admitted that she was unhappy because of her weight gain, and pain from her hip issues. Now that she has had hip replacement surgery and has been able to lose weight, she is a happy wife. Yes, Shane has said some snarky things previously but I have always liked his sense of humour, and felt sorry for him that Emily was ragging on him on national TV when she was obviously unhappy with herself. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, red12 said:

Now, she's [Shannon] allegedly happy, successful and thin and I still can't imagine wanting to be around her for longer than 10 minutes. Is her baseline just whiny, shallow, entitled, low coping lady?

Exactly what I was thinking!  Good grief Shannon, get over yourself.   She took the "no tequila" situation personally.   She allows Kelly's lame comments about slapping her name on some water to make her crazy, etc.   It's all about Shannon all the time in Shannon's world.   I wonder what's wrong with the boyfriend that he's still around?  

And of course Shannon is the Karen who bought up all the toilet paper etc. in March so the rest of her neighbors couldn't find any.   I loved Gina's retort to Shannon's declaration that Amazon was out of hand sanitizer.   Because you know it's true.  

• Love 21

I kind of liked Boringwyn's dress.   It wasn't a wedding - it was a show staring Mr. And Mrs. Braunwyn Burke complete with hired local celebrity drag queen officiating.    Boringwyn clearly has some good genes physically anyway and looks pretty amazing for having seven kids.  

Never having been to a vow renewal myself it seems like just a good excuse for a party but it sure doesn't bode well for the state of Real Howives marriages afterwards.  

• Love 9

With the exception of Emily is there anyone left on this show who actually has a job (and I don't count slapping your name on stuff other people made a job)  None of them made their own money (even Emily married into it) and it just seems so weird to me.   I know Vickie fell out of favor the last few years but I always liked that she was self made.  

• Like 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, amarante said:

It was a book on how to give a blow job. It was a plot point a few seasons ago because her daughter told her she learned how to give a BJ from reading the book.

If it covered anything else, I have no idea.

I just can’t get over it.  I’ve never heard that word mentioned until Bethenny said it on one of the episodes.  I think she asked Red Scarf Guy if he wanted one.  My husband was watching and turned purple.  Maybe I’m out of date, but is anything sacred anymore? Now, young girls are talking like that?  Guess I’m an old fuddy duddy.  Rinna is a slob and a half.  I don’t get why Harry married her.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Shane is a perfect example of the saying, "Happy wife, happy life". In Emily's first years on the show she constantly ran down Shane, and finally admitted that she was unhappy because of her weight gain, and pain from her hip issues. Now that she has had hip replacement surgery and has been able to lose weight, she is a happy wife. Yes, Shane has said some snarky things previously but I have always liked his sense of humour, and felt sorry for him that Emily was ragging on him on national TV when she was obviously unhappy wit herself. 

i would like to 'like this 100 times!!!!  i've always liked shane but emily not so much.  this season i'm enjoying both of them and the others not so much.

i've always been a fan of shannon but last night i saw her in a very bad light.  maybe i'm wrong but i didn't take kelly's comment as a dig on shannon's product.  i know i wasn't listening  closely so i could be wrong.  i would never side with kelly but i think shannon was over the top on this and i didn't like going to all the others trying to stir things up.  not the time nor place

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Gina doing the “finger in the hole, rock the baby” was hysterical, when she was commenting on Elizabeth’s lack of sex life. I’ve really warmed to her this season. She’s just seems a lot more honest about herself and she doesn’t seem like she’s threatened by the other cast’s affluence or take herself too seriously. 
I have had very little patience for Shannon the last few years, plus her shrill, nagging voice about everything sounds makes her sound like a fishmonger’s wife. I kind of expected her to have a more refined voice considering her tony upbringing. She’s just annoying. I can’t believe how nice and normal her boyfriend seems. 
All these women seem to have hulking shoulders except for Brownie. This is all about putting on a wedding dress, aren’t I pretty moment. I do feel bad this her mom is such a deplorable person. I can’t even imagine why she tries with her. 

I am really liking happy Gina, and this comes from someone who has never liked her.  She's funny, kind, and generous.  And she gives some great TH's. 

I enjoyed everyone this episode, even Shane. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, red12 said:

Is Shannon actually just insufferable? Her coping skills weren't great when things were going badly for her and I tried to make allowances for that.

Now, she's allegedly happy, successful and thin and I still can't imagine wanting to be around her for longer than 10 minutes. Is her baseline just whiny, shallow, entitled, low coping lady? I think this version is really as good as it gets and that makes me sad for her kids and their future families.

I'm just glad this lady has no institutional power because she would definitely be DeVos #2.

Early on I allowed for her difficult situation too, and took up for her when Tamra and others ruthlessly went after her - but her default does seem to be whiny, shallow, entitled and low-coping. Makes me see David a bit differently.

I still enjoy Shannon’s wacky side - just need to see it more often. And we need MORE ARCHIE!!

• Love 12
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

Ugh - the only thing worse than hearing about Kelly and Rick in bed is seeing them in bed!

I know..interesting though...it's all about what he is doing for her emotionally, sexually (we know Kelly..he has a big dick and gives you an orgasm) and how he is catering to her every need....but nothing about what she wants or does for him. What a narcissist. She's probably the most immature and unempathetic housewife I've ever seen. Bringing that huge bottle of tequila into the hotel right in front of Braunwyn and saying..."Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know tequila was your trigger" was passive agressive and cruel. I don't care how you feel about Brauwyn, like her or not, that was just nasty. I really loathe Kelly...she's just an awful human being.

• Love 19
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

imo Shannon can’t be empathetic about struggling with sobriety because she’s got a big problem with alcohol herself. 

Agreed.  She's a nicer version of Dorinda Medley.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

I am really liking happy Gina, and this comes from someone who has never liked her.  She's funny, kind, and generous.  And she gives some great TH's. 

I enjoyed everyone this episode, even Shane. 

Totally agree.  Hated Gina the first season.  Second season I started to like her.  She seems like a genuinely nice person and it's great to see her truly be herself instead of the "happy divorce" person that we knew wasn't going to happen.  

• Love 18

It's interesting to see the progression of their drink of choice. When thee shows first came on they all drank only white wine. Then the housewives switched to Grey Goose and soda and then Tito's and soda. Now they are all drinking tequila specifically Reposada  tequila. I  wonder if they are getting anything in return for mentioning these brands.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, Axie said:

It’s shocking that Shannon would be hoarding stuff in preparation for the pandemic.  Said no one ever.

And she was hoarding canned meat!  I can't imagine a scenario where Shannon would ever be left with no choice but to eat canned meat, and even then I suspect she'd prefer to literally starve.  But she took it away from people who actually eat it anyway.  Nice.

• Love 18
18 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Braunwyn’s kid Jacob is single-handedly bringing back the motto  “children should be seen and not heard”. What an attention-seeking brat. Feh

Right. I'm not interested in this at all.

I'm also not interested in drag queens. I've never found them funny or entertaining.  Am I the only one? I mean, I did like Divine, but the nightclub drag queens I really just don't care about.  And didn't think the Drag Queen officiant was the least bit amusing.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 17

Shannon seems to be just as miserable as she was when in that dead end marriage to David. John is so quiet when she starts her bitching. I don't think he's having a good time anymore. Maybe in the beginning honeymoon stage of the relationship he was but now that he has gotten to know her and after what her daughter said about the relationship last week I don't see this being everlasting love. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

On Kelly and tequila, well, I'm not sure how I feel about that. If one person in a group is on a diet, does that mean your friends group can't have nachos and a fudge sundae?  In the real world, Brauwn is going to have to learn to navigate social situations. I mean, if it were my close friend, I would abstain but should everyone around her do the same thing?

If I were around that obnoxious family, I would need to get loaded.

What is with all of these vow renewals on these reality shows.  Is that really all they got?

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

They still had lots of alcohol at the renewal ceremony/party, just not tequila.

Still, is no one ever supposed to drink Tequila around Brauwnie?  She's going to have to learn to control her addiction in normal every day life, not control everyone around her so she doesn't drink Tequila.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Shannon seems to be just as miserable as she was when in that dead end marriage to David. John is so quiet when she starts her bitching. I don't think he's having a good time anymore. Maybe in the beginning honeymoon stage of the relationship he was but now that he has gotten to know her and after what her daughter said about the relationship last week I don't see this being everlasting love. 

It's funny.  He's probably the same age as she is, and yet I feel like I'm watching a mother/son relationship.  I don't see any real chemistry with them and Shannon just comes off so, well, unsexy and mothery.  

• Love 5

I know someone who had a dry reception (no alcohol at all). Their viewpoint was that they didn't drink, and it was their day, so the guests should respect their wishes/lifestyle.

My viewpoint is that they are your guests, and you should accommodate your guests so that they enjoy themselves.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I know someone who had a dry reception (no alcohol at all). Their viewpoint was that they didn't drink, and it was their day, so the guests should respect their wishes/lifestyle.

My viewpoint is that they are your guests, and you should accommodate your guests so that they enjoy themselves.

I've been to dry receptions too!  One was with a couple that actually met in rehab.  I didn't drink, but I do remember not being all that jazzed about being at a dry reception.  And it ended up being a lot of fun.

I mean, I think since it's so early in her sobriety, they could've abstained for the vow renewal.  But if they're doing a vacation or a party,  no one should be expected to alter their lifestyle b/c Braun can't handle it.  She cannot control the environment around her for the rest of her life; she has to work on controlling how she reacts to it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9