Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Hats Off... Shades On

• Start Topic

Ashley searches to find happiness amidst Michael's infidelity. Emotions run high as Monique files a counterclaim against Candiace, and Robyn hosts a photo shoot for her Embellished hat line, but the atmosphere gets heated once Wendy learns of disparaging comments made about her.

Airs November 1, 2020.

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Yes Monique the judge could decide that you need to spend time in jail and take you away from your family... that’s exactly why you don’t put your hands on people... it’s a consequence of that action.... God this woman just annoys me more and more every week 

I’m with you. Blaming Candiace for her behavior. Monique, you would be the reason you could be arrested in front of your kids.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
11 minutes ago, Axie said:

I was scheduled for jury duty in Montgomery County in November (tomorrow actually).  I don’t have to go now because of Covid and I think all charges were dropped in the Monique/Candyass fiasco anyway, but, being on the jury for a Monique trial would have made my life complete.

If this teaches her anything it should be keep your hands to yourself ... for her to go around bragging basically that she physically attacked someone to suddenly act shocked that the law got involved just makes me laugh 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

Two people are the reason the fight happened yes Monique but only one of those people chose to escalate it to a physical level... you can run your mouth all day and you won’t go to jail for it... you move it to physically striking someone and it does and YOU and only you took it there... she needs to stop this deflecting every time she comes on trying to defend what she did like it doesn’t have a actual legal consequence and she is in the right just makes me wish it did go to trail so she would learn something 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Axie said:

Only three minutes in and I already need someone to come over here and explain to my dog that Candyass' caterwauling is not something he needs to run and hide from.

I truly thought something was wrong with my tv. I was like wtf is that sound. 😂

This episode was kind of lame. Wendy v Karen is not interesting to me. Also, Monique and her family are not interesting by themselves, so they can exit stage left.

If I were Candiace (my autocorrect wanted this to be Candy ace 😂), I would be pissed about the counter-suit as well. You don’t get to just sue someone because they brought a lawsuit against you, dumbass Monique. Please Andy, let her go after this season. 

• Love 15

Gizelle has a real talent for being messy but without actually lying or twisting anyone's words.  With both Wendy and Karen, she accurately reported what each said about the other, which of course brings about drama... but they did say what she said they did. 

Similarly, I kind of agree with both Karen and Wendy about each other. Wendy's correct that it is not easy to achieve a PhD and that there are additional barriers for Black women, so it is really quite the accomplishment. But Karen's right that Wendy's using her degrees as a way of lording it over the other women (as the montage of Wendy saying "I have four degrees!" shows). 

Monique's capacity to play the victim would be impressive if it weren't so frustrating. 

• Love 19

Karen always thinks she’s the smartest person in the room.  She was caught on film saying she wants her bailout money back from Ray, and I lose respect for her when she flatly denies it.  She’s not good enough at this game to make denials and get away with it.  Didn’t she learn anything season two when she kept denying that she had breast implants that had been removed, which is something that can be seen with the naked eye?!

I hate Ashley, but she tells the truth more than almost anyone else on reality TV.  I don’t think any of the other women would have said on camera that they feel that their husband uses them as a vehicle, thus they are uninterested in sex.  This is a real issue, and I think if more of them were more honest, we would have much better reality shows.  

I have zero interest in Candiace’s music.  

Monique has no brand.  She is an inefficient mom.  She’s an abrasive mom.  She’s a perfectionist, brittle mom, and that is what she’s showing on TV.  To whom would that even theoretically appeal?  Is there even one mom out there who feels like her parenting is great, but she’s just too relaxed and needs someone to help her stress out?  

I’m Team Gizelle for passive-aggressively reacting to Ashley bringing Dean to her house when he was not invited.  Ashley as a parent is almost as annoying as Monique.  Your kid is not welcome everywhere on an ensemble cast of women.  If Ashley is having that much trouble detaching, maybe it’s time to step away from the show until she has her shit together.  I think there is definitely a chance that Ashley has postpartum depression—probably because she is overwhelmed because her husband is absent, because he never wanted a kid and he told her that—but it’s giving me depression to watch.  

Gizelle continues to win worst-dressed.  Gizelle and Robyn were both wearing skin-tight jeans at Robyn’s photo shoot, but Robyn kept it simple with tennis shoes and a grey sweatshirt, whereas Gizelle was wearing spike heals and a top with a huge ribbon, and it reminded me so much of the early aughts Life & Style magazine of “who wore it better?”  Robyn always wears it better.  

We know this is a reality show.  We know each season they take a vacation.  I would like it so much better if they just went on the vacation and didn’t give us a reason instead of pretending each year that there is a different reason to take a vacation.  Oh, Ashely’s therapist recommended it; I’m swayed!  I am so tired of half of the preceding episode to be about how much they need to get away.  Just go.  We know you’re going for the show.  We’re adults.  We can handle it.  

What I did really appreciate was that there was little fanfare about not inviting Monique—it was just like “yeah, she’s not invited.”  

I like to see Karen get called out, even if I don’t love the people doing the calling.  I like the fact that she got called out twice this episode, first by Gizelle for saying she wanted her investment back from Ray on camera, and then by Wendy for something Karen also said on camera.  Wendy is so boring with her four degrees, but Karen’s reply that her institution of a marriage was comparable was laughable.  Yes, Karen...a failing institution.  

Just when Karen has lost me, she did that slither and owned it and I liked her so much!  This is why I can’t quit Karen.  

Monique is such a dumb bitch for doing that talking head that she had “no choice” but to sue Candiace back because two people were in the fight.  I’m not even sure I can touch that one.  I wouldn’t know where to start.  I just want her to be gone from my screen.

I hope this is a shorter than usual season.  Without the fight, simply nothing else is going on, and the footage is now *over* a year old.  How would they fill about six more episodes?  Just go to Portugal and put this mother away with a two-part reunion, no Secrets Revealed, Bravo I beg of you.  Then it might be time for a serious recast before season six.  

• Love 16

Oy.  I'm so tired of this whole thing. Maybe I'm just TIRED.  I'm tired of Monique and her not taking responsibility for her own actions. I'm tired of Candiace and her snarky responses.  I'm tired of Karen and her inattention to  Ray and her marriage.  I'm tired of Robyn and her inability to pay her taxes.  I'm tired of Grizell and her irresponsibility with taking back her skank hubby, Jamal. Ugh. I need a rest.

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, albarino said:

Well, I guess I would say, yes, you do. Hence the legal action.

My life’s work consists of defending people against bullshit lawsuits (civil not criminal), so absolutely you can lol. I was referring to Monique’s talking head where she basically said if you sue me, I’m going to go ahead and sue you too (without giving any legal basis). 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

My life’s work consists of defending people against bullshit lawsuits (civil not criminal), so absolutely you can lol.

I completely respect your life's work.  People like to litigate.......

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I truly thought something was wrong with my tv. I was like wtf is that sound. 😂

This episode was kind of lame. Wendy v Karen is not interesting to me. Also, Monique and her family are not interesting by themselves, so they can exit stage left.

If I were Candiace (my autocorrect wanted this to be Candy ace 😂), I would be pissed about the counter-suit as well. You don’t get to just sue someone because they brought a lawsuit against you, dumbass Monique. Please Andy, let her go after this season. 

Actually countersuits are pretty standard and in this case, it worked. I'm not team Monique but I'd want the best possible defense too and she got that.

44 minutes ago, StillHere said:

As Black American professor, I am tempted to start a petition demanding that Wendy Shut The Hell Up.

I'm also a black professor and I'll be the first to sign it. 

The degrees, the "in my culture," the chip on the shoulder... none of this is entertaining in the least. And the sad part is, I WANT to like Wendy because I like that she's a straight shooter and I loved her event. She just can't seem to stop being obnoxious. 

• Love 17

I wonder if Wendy cringes when she watches the show and realizes how often she mentions her degrees? Hopefully it serves as a very humbling wake up call. Side note -  I actually really like Candiace’s song. I think she and the producer did a nice job.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Ok the “slither walk” impression alone had me chuckling. But when they were all doing it Congo-line style at the end? I lost it! 😂

And Wendy took it like the joke it was and was laughing thank God ... at least with that she seemed to be able to take the joke 

• Love 16

I haven’t seen any evidence of it in the DMV, so nobody freak out, but, there have been rumors that people may start hoarding again, so, Candyass, if you could stop using so many napkin corners to wipe your eyes, that would be great.

I missed that Robyn’s event was in Hyattsville.  First they go to Sandy Springs, this week Hyattsville!  I’m loving these random locations!

Edited by Axie
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I will lose what little respect I have for Bravo if this isn't Monique's last season. I am embarrassed to admit that I used to like her. What a psycho! The fact that she has me siding with Gizelle over this makes me all the more angry. To this day she isn't sorry and she isn't remorseful. I want her off my screen until reunion time, where hopefully she will be promptly and thoroughly eviscerated and then fired. In all likelihood she never has to worry about being accepted into the upper echelons of society ever again. 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Monique has no brand.  She is an inefficient mom.  She’s an abrasive mom.  She’s a perfectionist, brittle mom, and that is what she’s showing on TV.  To whom would that even theoretically appeal?  Is there even one mom out there who feels like her parenting is great, but she’s just too relaxed and needs someone to help her stress out?  

She would've probably been better off calling her "company" For Lazy Moms.  She could've been the parental guidance equivalent of a Sandra Lee, giving shortcuts to whatever the parental equivalent to a Kwanzaa Cake is. For those who don't know Sandra Lee, she basically gives shortcuts to cooking where you basically reconfigure ready made stuff to make it appear home made e.g. her recipe for homemade raisin bread would probably entail buying a fresh loaf of bread, a box of raisins and a hammer. But this would take lightness and humor, qualities Monique does not possess. 

Why are Monique and her family handing out fliers in the street to advertise her podcast like some new local deli putting menus under windshield wipers?

I get annoyed when Karen says she used her money to bail out Ray. No doubt, it appears that Ray did wrong but for 20 years, pre-HWs, when she was a stay at home wife, I bet she viewed and went around saying Ray's money was her money and he paid all the bills, took care of her child from a previous relationship and spent all that money trying to keep up with the Joneses. Now that she is finally earning, it is her money. Come on now!  

Not a big fan of Gizelle but like that she does her mess out in the open.

That slither was everything and is why I can't quit Karen. 

Wendy should be proud of her degrees but yes she does use it as a bludgeon against others every time she feels disrespected or unheard. 

• Love 17

Wendy lives in a land where people are smart and successful without a degree. While it's impressive, this is not the audience. It takes a lot to impress Americans and Wendy just don't seem to get it.

I have a friend from Barbados and her culture frowns upon renting. Well she owned a trailer in a trailer park and couldn't understand why no one was impressed. Wendy's 4 degrees remind me of her trailer. Absolutely a great accomplishment but ma'am it doesn't make you better than someone without one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

The congo line slither walk took me out!

While I still think Wendy's "4 degrees" is a defensive mechanism, she did go overboard with it on this episode and she did weaponize it against Karen, who promptly shut her down.  At the same time, Karen also weaponized Wendy's education against her on the previous episode.   I'm not sure if Wendy would have gone there about the degrees if Karen hadn't gone there first.

You can sue anyone anytime for anything.  Actions have consequences:

• Action: Candiace made fun of Monique in front of the cast.
  • Consequence: Monique didn't like being disrespected in front of the cast so she beat Candiace's ass.

• Action: Monique didn't feel any remorse for beating Candiace's ass and told the cast so.
  • Consequence: The cast doesn't want to be around her.
  • Consequence: Candiace pressed charges on Monique.

• Action: Candiace pressed charges on Monique.
  • Consequence: Monique pressed charges on Candiace.

The problem with Monique is she doesn't feel she should have to face any consequences.  It's not Candiace's responsibility to think about her kids and how she'll be away from them if she goes to jail for assaulting Candiace.  It's Monique's responsibility to think about her own kids and how her actions will impact them. 

Having said this, Candiace should've known that Monique was going to strike back.  Chris is correct, Candiace shouldn't even get worked up about it.  If Monique truly was at fault, the tapes would show that and it would go from there.

I do think Monique is sociopathic because the statement her attorney released when Monique pressed charges on Candiace was the "Candiace was aggressive & hostile to me, Candiace busted me in the fact with a glass so I was forced to defend myself" and we know Monique knew none of that was true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Axie said:

Only three minutes in and I already need someone to come over here and explain to my dog that Candyass' caterwauling is not something he needs to run and hide from.

I don't consider Candiace's voice as caterwauling.  In fact, I think she has a nice voice.  Kim Zolciak, now THAT'S caterwauling!  Let's keep it real.

• Love 18

So, mere days after insisting she has changed and grown, Monique is right back to the same old shit, and nothing is her fault.  Maybe she should have thought of the legal ramifications before she decided to physically attack someone.  

I notice how little fight Ashley put up to bring Monique on the trip, LOL.  That's your ride or die Monique, so good luck in life with that.  I don't even think Karen tried to insist that Monique come on the trip.

I don't think Karen has any sense, common or otherwise, if she continues to buy into Monique's "blackout" defense.  I know people like Karen, but she is looks like a simple minded sucker to even entertain that nonsense. 

I FF past Ashley's therapy, and I FF past Candace's remix, but I'm happy that she got whatever recording contract she wanted.  I laughed at Monique handing out flyers on the street like she is about to have a houseparty circa 1992. 

It was so shocking to see two grown woman heatedly disagree with each other and lob personal insults, but NOT have one of them physically attack the other.  Oh, wait, Monique wasn't there, so I guess that explains it.  And both women are so intelligent and well spoken that I thought they each had valid points.  Though Wendy can all the way miss me with her claims that she doesn't brag about her degrees and I don't know why Karen would think that being married to a doctor of business (?) means anything for HER educational history.  I'd imagine Ray has an MBA, which isn't a doctorate.  I can't imagine a phd in business being a particularly profitable degree.   I love that the whole argument ended with everyone "Karen/Wendy" sauntering out of the room.  I also loved Gizelle and Robyn having a Karen/Wendy saunter off.  

I also love that the shady cameraman zoomed right in on Gizelle's feet.  LOL.  

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I felt the same way.   No matter how many declarations she makes to the contrary, Monique hasn't changed one iota, she hasn't grown one iota, she hasn't learned a single thing, and this is who she is.  She is lucky she married into money, because without it, she would be that girl on WorldStar fighting a bitch over the last Yankee Candle in the clearance section at Ross.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

So, I just went to the Embellished hat site, and yes, every cap is lined with satin.  

Its ridiculous that Robyn has not mentioned it, even once.  Its not as stupid as spending 200k to start up a podcast and choosing to insult your target audience with your brand name....but its still pretty stupid.  

Also, LOL, the only people modelling the caps on the site are Robyn and the paid model.  Its too bad because I thought Candace looked gorgeous in her cap.  

The caps retail at about $29 each.  Its not cheap, but I don't think its a bad price for a satin lined cap.  Her graphic tees are about $22 each, but they are all sold out.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5

Why are they pushing Candiaces singing? Her warmups at the beginning sounded like an animal. She is awful. And always with the tears and tissue squares. I laughed when she called Monique a rusty ass bitch when her own hair was the color of rust in the scene.

Wendy is so obnoxious. Talking about her success. Didn’t she quit being a professor to be on reality tv?  Then she wants to attack Karen not empowering women? She’s been a combative jerk for most of the season. 

Gizelle starting the fight between Karen and Wendy. Karen’s right, Gizzy doesn’t want any focus on her and JaDull. 

They are leaving Monique out of the trip just so they can go talk about the stupid fight and pass tissue squares to poor little big mouth.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Gizelle starting the fight between Karen and Wendy. Karen’s right, Gizzy doesn’t want any focus on her and JaDull.

Gizelle didn’t start anything.. did she maybe help it along faster then waiting for her to hear it on a national television show yes.. does Karen and the rest of the audience that watches this show already know that? Definitely  ... Karen ON camera talked shit no one but herself made her do that  ... Gizelle just told Wendy what was said for all of America to hear already... if anyone started it it would be Karen ... Karen is just trying to deflect from that...Wendy just stated what Karen said again on camera about ray and wanting the money back and Karen called Wendy a liar and then started talking shit about her.. that’s a fact Karen did all that not Gizelle ... 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Two people are the reason the fight happened yes Monique but only one of those people chose to escalate it to a physical level... you can run your mouth all day and you won’t go to jail for it... you move it to physically striking someone and it does and YOU and only you took it there... she needs to stop this deflecting every time she comes on trying to defend what she did like it doesn’t have a actual legal consequence and she is in the right just makes me wish it did go to trail so she would learn something 

Monique got physical and would likely be held most responsible, but I’m not sure a judge wouldn’t also give Candiace something to think about - at least a fine. You can’t run your mouth all day if you’re inciting violence - screaming at someone to drag you over and over again might fit into that category.

This is just from wikipedia, but it gives the general idea: In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. 

I’m glad all charges were dropped - but both women have some work to do.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’m thinking Eddie’s mom was less “intimidated” by Wendy’s mom than she was put off by the constant need to be praised - Wendy seems to have inherited that gene.

I thought it was all a cultural class thing ... Wendy and her family were a lower class then Eddie and his and that's a big No No

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

So, mere days after insisting she has changed and grown, Monique is right back to the same old shit, and nothing is her fault.  Maybe she should have thought of the legal ramifications before she decided to physically attack someone.  

I notice how little fight Ashley put up to bring Monique on the trip, LOL.  That's your ride or die Monique, so good luck in life with that.  I don't even think Karen tried to insist that Monique come on the trip.

I don't think Karen has any sense, common or otherwise, if she continues to buy into Monique's "blackout" defense.  I know people like Karen, but she is looks like a simple minded sucker to even entertain that nonsense. 

I FF past Ashley's therapy, and I FF past Candace's remix, but I'm happy that she got whatever recording contract she wanted.  I laughed at Monique handing out flyers on the street like she is about to have a houseparty circa 1992. 

It was so shocking to see two grown woman heatedly disagree with each other and lob personal insults, but NOT have one of them physically attack the other.  Oh, wait, Monique wasn't there, so I guess that explains it.  And both women are so intelligent and well spoken that I thought they each had valid points.  Though Wendy can all the way miss me with her claims that she doesn't brag about her degrees and I don't know why Karen would think that being married to a doctor of business (?) means anything for HER educational history.  I'd imagine Ray has an MBA, which isn't a doctorate.  I can't imagine a phd in business being a particularly profitable degree.   I love that the whole argument ended with everyone "Karen/Wendy" sauntering out of the room.  I also loved Gizelle and Robyn having a Karen/Wendy saunter off.  

Though I doubt Ray has a doctor of business degree it is possible to have a Doctorate without it being a PhD. It depends on your area of study. For example you can be a Doctor of Education but that is not a PhD. i think that is what Wendy was pointing out. By the way I find Wendy obnoxious about her education. When you have to constantly brag about something it usually means you are insecure about it.

9 hours ago, GussieK said:

What is with Robyn’s hat business?  Surely that isn’t a big money maker. The world is clamoring for printed baseball caps. Not. 

What makes them unique is they are lined with satin which makes them easier on you hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I thought it was all a cultural class thing ... Wendy and her family were a lower class then Eddie and his and that's a big No No

On the show Wendy said Eddie’s mom was intimidated by her mom. This article puts it this way:

“Fans learned that Eddie’s mother does not like Wendy’s mother because she is a female chief.”

https://screenrant.com/rhop-wendy-eddie-osefo-romeo-juliet/

Really? Romeo and Juliet? imo both Wendy and her mom expect others to treat them as Queen Shit. Still, it’s an interesing quirk - can’t wait to see how Queen Shit #1 reacts to a job change by Dr. Queen Shit!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

One of my favorite lines is "Having a PhD is like wearing a pair of silk panties. No one knows you have it, but damn it feels good". I don't lead my introductions with my name is Laurelle and I have a PhD. It comes up when people ask me what I do, and that's that. IMO Wendy definitely defines herself by her education, but what's more, her storyline producer told her to really lean on the education angle knowing that it could be a potential point of contention between some of the ladies. Mission accomplished. 

The. slithering conga line is the highlight of the season for me. I love Karen. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Actually, a DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) is just as rigorous and prestigious as a PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) and in some cases can be more challenging. Business profs are actually some of the highest paid in academia, along with medicine and law. Most on the tenure-track (which a DBA would very likely be) at a research I institution make $160K+, and that’s in Midwest cities. In comparison, a PhD in something like literature or a liberal arts field, will likely top out in the $40-50’s. The pay disparity by field in academia is crazy. The degree type can also be interesting and confusing for those not in higher ed. I’m business professor but hold a PhD, not a DBA, and that is actually a hindrance for me in the field since the DBA is more highly valued. 

All that being said, none of this really matters much if you’re a practitioner, which is Ray’s situation. Outside of academia, nobody really cares much about a doctorate of any type... it’s all about the MBA. According to his LinkedIn, Ray has an MBA but not any sort of doctorate. Good for him, but what Karen said isn’t true. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

You can’t run your mouth all day if you’re inciting violence - screaming at someone to drag you over and over again might fit into that category.

Running your mouth and talking shit isn't a crime.  Otherwise Trump would be charged all day every day for inciting violence.

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime.

Candiace didn't incite Monique to commit a crime.  Monique is employed by a TV program where the women are hired to talk shit.  If Monique can't handle people talking shit about her to the point where she is forced to commit crimes, the show is not the place for her and she needs to leave.  Because if Candiace had a decent lawyer, they would argue about all the other times other cast members have talked shit about Monique and she chose not to assault them and how Gigi jumped on IG Live talking shit about her AND starting the rumor about her and she didn't beat Gigi up.  They could bring in Wendy and Robyn to testify that Monique had been escalating tensions between her and Candiace in the days/weeks leading up to the fight.  Monique's lawyer would grill Robyn about having problems with Monique but Wendy just met the lady so what would her agenda be?

3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

IMO Wendy definitely defines herself by her education, but what's more, her storyline producer told her to really lean on the education angle knowing that it could be a potential point of contention between some of the ladies

While Wendy does brag about her degrees (defense mechanism), she has really only weaponized her degrees against Karen and Ashley...the two people who have tried to look down on her in some fashion (I'm not impressed/MY husband has to work-owns the company).  Every cast member on this show, past and present, has at least 1 degree except Karen and Monique.   Wendy didn't weaponize her degrees against Monique and she could have.

I am like Karen and I am personally not impressed by degrees, money, houses or material things because nothing anyone else obtains has a solitary thing to do with me and therefore I am not impressed. You have 4 degrees? You have a Gucci belt? You have 4 homes? That's nice...what's for dinner?

Wendy bragging about her degrees shouldn't bother anyone because it doesn't have anything to do with anyone. 

7 minutes ago, Newmy said:

Outside of academia, nobody really cares much about a doctorate of any type.

On "Iyanla Fix My Life" this past weekend, Buckeey from Flava of Love and her family were trying to get her lives fixed.  Buckeey's older brother introduced himself to Iyanla as "Dr Joe" and Iyanla was like "That's cool but you're Mr Joe in here."  Turns out Joe has a PhD and I thought about this show and the discussion around PhDs and how those with them want to make sure you know they have them.  I have a HS classmate who is just like Wendy in that she wants people to address her as "Dr So N So" ...so that you know she has a PhD.  I think a lot of that stems from people dismissing/disrespecting them in a professional sense...colleagues addressing perhaps white PhDs or male PhD by their titles but addressing them by just their names.

Demanding respect for your degrees is fine in a professional setting.  No1curr outside of that, though.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Actually countersuits are pretty standard and in this case, it worked. I'm not team Monique but I'd want the best possible defense too and she got that. 

100% agreed. Candiace has every right to sue to, using her words, the full extent of the law. And conversely, Monique has every right to file a counter claim.

While I might be mad at Monique for that ill-conceived, time-and-money-drain of a non-brand she has, that legal clapback is keen.

And since, IMO, Candiace and NotJonB were coming after their resources, the Samuels are wise to nip it in the bud. I’d do the same thing.

The District Attorneys office was right. It’s a wash, ladies. Go home and grow up.

Edited by StillHere
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Ok the “slither walk” impression alone had me chuckling. But when they were all doing it Congo-line style at the end? I lost it! 😂

That was the funniest thing I have seen on a HW show in a while. I rewound it several times. 

That model really did look a lot like Katie. I did a double take.

• Love 7

Hey, Dr. Dum Dum~the fact that I've never seen you express ONE erudite, imaginative talking point but rather sit on screen and bat your absurd, clumsily applied spider-looking false eyelashes, lets us all know you're exactly where you belong. I've got some bad news for you: your peer group is not the impressively prestigious Dr. bell hooks and Dr. Cornel West. YOUR peer group is fellow fame whores, Tamara Barney, Vicki Gunvalson, Kelly Dodd, Theresa Giudice, and Monique Samuels. You gave up a professorship to bark and screech on a reality show. Congratulations? 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 9