Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Hats Off... Shades On

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Gizelle has a real talent for being messy but without actually lying or twisting anyone's words.  With both Wendy and Karen, she accurately reported what each said about the other, which of course brings about drama... but they did say what she said they did. 

I especially liked how they showed the clip of Wendy dishing on Karen, and asking Gizelle whether she was going to tell Karen about it.  Of course Gizelle said no.  Of course she lied about it.  Why anyone would tell her anything they don't want shouted from the rooftops, I just don't know.

Ok, y'all - the flag reveal for the trip.  I mean, not gonna lie, I wouldn't have been able to identify that flag.  Wendy gets it right and then Ashley doesn't confirm, so Wendy says "Nigeria?"  Miss proud daughter of Nigeria can't identify the Nigerian flag?  Which apparently looks like this, so not even close to the flag on display:

image.png

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Monique has no brand.  She is an inefficient mom.  She’s an abrasive mom.  She’s a perfectionist, brittle mom, and that is what she’s showing on TV.  To whom would that even theoretically appeal?  Is there even one mom out there who feels like her parenting is great, but she’s just too relaxed and needs someone to help her stress out?  

Here's my opinion of Monique and her "brand."

She knows that people who watch the show like her, so she assumed (incorrectly) that those people would want to see her and buy whatever she's selling.  The reason that Monique is popular is IMO because, some black people have issues with:

• Light skinned black women
  • Mixed race women
  • Black women married to white men

Monique is a brown skinned black woman married to a black man; it's nice to see a woman like that on TV.  Sadly women like her aren't shown enough on TV.

My issue with Monique is that after the initial fight with and they were separated Monique ran back outside the barn and had to be physically restrained from attacking Candiace AGAIN.  That's not the action of a woman that I'd take advice from.  Period.

ETA:  I love the tee shirts Robyn's selling but they're all SOLD OUT.😞

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 11

Ah... another nugget in the puzzle. Dr. Wendy has a brother. He is an NYPD officer. She spoke about him in the special  that aired after the show .

She didn't say how many degrees he has. Yes - many officers do have a degrees ( I believe it is necessary to move/promote up).  Her grandfather was also a police chief - she didn't say the jurisdiction. 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1

To be fair, even Fashion Nova and Forever 21 accepts after pay on purchases less than $30.00. Everyone has some sort of pay structure of that nature. With my Klarna app, I can go in H&M and purchase something for $2.99, scan my phone and pay for it in 30 days.

I just ordered a really pretty purple lip color - now she only owes the IRS 89,981.30.

Edited by Boofish
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, drivethroo said:

While Wendy does brag about her degrees (defense mechanism), she has really only weaponized her degrees against Karen and Ashley...the two people who have tried to look down on her in some fashion (I'm not impressed/MY husband has to work-owns the company).  Every cast member on this show, past and present, has at least 1 degree except Karen and Monique.   Wendy didn't weaponize her degrees against Monique and she could have.

I am like Karen and I am personally not impressed by degrees, money, houses or material things because nothing anyone else obtains has a solitary thing to do with me and therefore I am not impressed. You have 4 degrees? You have a Gucci belt? You have 4 homes? That's nice...what's for dinner?

Wendy bragging about her degrees shouldn't bother anyone because it doesn't have anything to do with anyone. 

On "Iyanla Fix My Life" this past weekend, Buckeey from Flava of Love and her family were trying to get her lives fixed.  Buckeey's older brother introduced himself to Iyanla as "Dr Joe" and Iyanla was like "That's cool but you're Mr Joe in here."  Turns out Joe has a PhD and I thought about this show and the discussion around PhDs and how those with them want to make sure you know they have them.  I have a HS classmate who is just like Wendy in that she wants people to address her as "Dr So N So" ...so that you know she has a PhD.  I think a lot of that stems from people dismissing/disrespecting them in a professional sense...colleagues addressing perhaps white PhDs or male PhD by their titles but addressing them by just their names.

Demanding respect for your degrees is fine in a professional setting.  No1curr outside of that, though.

I agree with this. The only time I have had to remind someone of my title is in a professional setting when they have addressed my colleagues and Dr. and me as Ms. As a black woman in the sciences where we are few and far in between, it's imperative that I do. Sometimes people do it without thinking, or they ask me how I would like to be addressed, but it's unfortunate that it has been deliberate sometimes. In a social setting, I never talk about it. 

I know first hand how hard it is to get a PhD, but I also know it's hard to get 4 homes, a successful business, etc. I am impressed with anyone working hard to get their 4 degrees, Gucci belt, or 4 homes. Do your thing. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

I know first hand how hard it is to get a PhD, but I also know it's hard to get 4 homes, a successful business, etc. I am impressed with anyone working hard to get their 4 degrees, Gucci belt, or 4 homes. Do your thing. 

Did Monique work to get those 4 homes, or did those homes belong to her husband?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Boofish said:

To be fair, even Fashion Nova and Forever 21 accepts after pay on purchases less than $30.00. Everyone has some sort of pay structure of that nature. With my Klarna app, I can go in H&M and purchase something for $2.99, scan my phone and pay for it in 30 days.

I just ordered a really pretty purple lip color - now she only owes the IRS 89,981.30.

Hey pay that bill down anyway you can lol :)

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Neurochick said:
13 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Did Monique work to get those 4 homes, or did those homes belong to her husband?

One might argue that being married to Chris is work. She may not have paid for them, but she’s earned them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
Just now, Momager said:

One might argue that being married to Chris is work. She may not have paid for them, but she’s earned them.

It's not like she's a single mother who has to get up in the morning, get children ready, get herself ready, go outside at 5am and wait for a bus that takes the children to a sitter or daycare and then get on another bus to get to work and hope to get there on time.  I'm sorry but I don't consider what Monique does as work.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Momager said:

what would be her breakdown of spending 200k on just the podcast not the equipment and food and beverage and stuff a hour be i wonder?... if she actually had to Work at a profession where she Herself was on the hook and responsible for that income coming in for that 200k I think her spending would be a little bit different.... to her it just seems like play money that is never ending.. like she has no thought or repercussions of anything financial .. when he told her to maybe cut back she scoffed like how dare he..

Edit: I am in no way implying that what she does has no monetary value I am just pointing out how she seems entitled to spend whatever she wants whenever she wants and however she wants even when he tries to push back like she is the one that went out and was on the hook for that money being there in the first place and how dare he have an issue with the cost of things

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

It's not like she's a single mother who has to get up in the morning, get children ready, get herself ready, go outside at 5am and wait for a bus that takes the children to a sitter or daycare and then get on another bus to get to work and hope to get there on time.  I'm sorry but I don't consider what Monique does as work.  

I can understand that. I was speaking less to mothering and more to being married to an obnoxious boor. Chris has shown himself to be uncouth, controlling and selfish. Being married to that sort is laborious.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I normally would never buy Housewives garbage, but I like Robyn.

This is a discussion point all in itself.

why do the housewives have to sell or run a side business (that is normally has a questionable target audience or business plan/concept) anything - at all ?

and if they "have" to peddle something, why not something that is in their family's interest area.

For example - Dr Wendy is a professor. professor write books. If she peddles her or her hubby's books, that is something I can understand.

Robyn - family and interest is sports, namely basketball. Why not peddle something on that subject ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Momager said:

I can understand that. I was speaking less to mothering and more to being married to an obnoxious boor. Chris has shown himself to be uncouth, controlling and selfish. Being married to that sort is laborious.

Monique wanted a baller and a baller is what she got.  Her choice.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Running your mouth and talking shit isn't a crime.  Otherwise Trump would be charged all day every day for inciting violence.

Candiace didn't incite Monique to commit a crime.  Monique is employed by a TV program where the women are hired to talk shit.  If Monique can't handle people talking shit about her to the point where she is forced to commit crimes, the show is not the place for her and she needs to leave.  Because if Candiace had a decent lawyer, they would argue about all the other times other cast members have talked shit about Monique and she chose not to assault them and how Gigi jumped on IG Live talking shit about her AND starting the rumor about her and she didn't beat Gigi up.  They could bring in Wendy and Robyn to testify that Monique had been escalating tensions between her and Candiace in the days/weeks leading up to the fight.  Monique's lawyer would grill Robyn about having problems with Monique but Wendy just met the lady so what would her agenda be?

While Wendy does brag about her degrees (defense mechanism), she has really only weaponized her degrees against Karen and Ashley...the two people who have tried to look down on her in some fashion (I'm not impressed/MY husband has to work-owns the company).  Every cast member on this show, past and present, has at least 1 degree except Karen and Monique.   Wendy didn't weaponize her degrees against Monique and she could have.

I am like Karen and I am personally not impressed by degrees, money, houses or material things because nothing anyone else obtains has a solitary thing to do with me and therefore I am not impressed. You have 4 degrees? You have a Gucci belt? You have 4 homes? That's nice...what's for dinner?

Wendy bragging about her degrees shouldn't bother anyone because it doesn't have anything to do with anyone. 

On "Iyanla Fix My Life" this past weekend, Buckeey from Flava of Love and her family were trying to get her lives fixed.  Buckeey's older brother introduced himself to Iyanla as "Dr Joe" and Iyanla was like "That's cool but you're Mr Joe in here."  Turns out Joe has a PhD and I thought about this show and the discussion around PhDs and how those with them want to make sure you know they have them.  I have a HS classmate who is just like Wendy in that she wants people to address her as "Dr So N So" ...so that you know she has a PhD.  I think a lot of that stems from people dismissing/disrespecting them in a professional sense...colleagues addressing perhaps white PhDs or male PhD by their titles but addressing them by just their names.

Demanding respect for your degrees is fine in a professional setting.  No1curr outside of that, though.

I've known teachers in elementary school and high school who have their students call them Dr So and  So. I always found this pretentious. I also knew a teacher with a PhD would would never think of having her kids call her Dr. I guess it all depends on if you're insecure or a show off. When anyone asked me what I did for a living I said I am a teacher. I never mentioned my master's degree. It didn't define me. I was proud of being a teacher.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Karen why are you lying?? No one twisted anything .. girl .. roll the tape 

Maybe she doesn’t remember what she said? She looked waaaaasted in that clip. 

As someone who also has a PhD, I thought it was vile of Wendy to point out Karen’s lack of degrees. That is not “lifting Black women up,” Dr Wendy!  (On another note, I love that there are so many PhDs on this reality TV message board!) 

• Love 12

Having 4 degrees and a PHD does NOT make you a good person.  Only your character can do that.  To sit and gossip about things an individual said while inebriated shows that you only wish to make fun of them when they are at a disadvantage.  Hold your head up and be a lady.  You don't have to drag someone through the dirt. Show your intelligence not your backside

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Having 4 degrees and a PHD does NOT make you a good person.  Only your character can do that.  To sit and gossip about things an individual said while inebriated shows that you only wish to make fun of them when they are at a disadvantage.  Hold your head up and be a lady.  You don't have to drag someone through the dirt. Show your intelligence not your backside

I hope this for Karen and the other ladies also cause they are just as Guilty ... Remember Karen ( in Potomac its not who you know its who you ARE) and her first season of Manners and etiquette and how dare you and bringing an etiquette book around......the attitude that she beat to death like a dead horse trying to portray herself as higher then the other ladies at the time?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, nexxie said:

Monique got physical and would likely be held most responsible, but I’m not sure a judge wouldn’t also give Candiace something to think about - at least a fine. You can’t run your mouth all day if you’re inciting violence - screaming at someone to drag you over and over again might fit into that category.

This is just from wikipedia, but it gives the general idea: In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. 

I’m glad all charges were dropped - but both women have some work to do.

I'm not a lawyer but I really and truly doubt this. Asking "are you going to drag me?" is not an incitement to violence because I doubt that anyone would seriously argue that Candiace was trying to incite Monique to commit an act of violence. Furthermore, the word "drag" is pretty ambiguous - it can mean something less than "are you going to assault me."

And I don't want to go around and around again on this but there is no equivalency to Candiace running her mouth and Monique committing assault. Monique has more than just "work" to do - Monique has yet to take the basic step of saying, "I was wrong and I am sorry for my actions."

• Love 10
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I especially liked how they showed the clip of Wendy dishing on Karen, and asking Gizelle whether she was going to tell Karen about it.  Of course Gizelle said no.  Of course she lied about it.  Why anyone would tell her anything they don't want shouted from the rooftops, I just don't know.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Yeah, she did lie about that. But on the other hand, Wendy was well aware she spilled this gossip on camera, she knew that it would get back to Karen.  And at the end of the day, in terms of the crux of what was shared, Gizelle accurately described what each woman said. Both women said what they said on camera, so better to have Gizelle move the drama forward that way than to be hearing about it a year later on social media. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I am not sure it is fair to say that Ashley looked down on Wendy - Wendy started going after Ashley because Ashley brought Dean to the lake house and Ashley reacted. But I do think that Wendy pulls out the "I have four degrees!" when she's put on the defensive.  (Weirdly enough, I also think that Karen feels inadequate to Wendy because from the beginning, she's been running her down and I don't really understand it otherwise).

I thought that Gizelle and Robyn's interplay about "Embezzled" vs. "Embellished" was pretty funny and demonstrates that they are truly friends off-camera. That's the kind of thing you say when you're joking around with your friend. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I'm still not sure why Monique may (or may not) have worked to get into those 4 home – especially since she, from what I recall, only mentioned it once, and that was in response to old-school sorority hazing – matters. 

But, yeah, proceed ...

• Love 5
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

Monique got physical and would likely be held most responsible, but I’m not sure a judge wouldn’t also give Candiace something to think about - at least a fine. You can’t run your mouth all day if you’re inciting violence - screaming at someone to drag you over and over again might fit into that category.

This is just from wikipedia, but it gives the general idea: In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime. Depending on the jurisdiction, some or all types of incitement may be illegal. 

I’m glad all charges were dropped - but both women have some work to do.

What Candace did would not meet the bar for inciting violence.  From what I remember from law school the bar is generally pretty high to criminalize speech.  

Every year, minorities are subjected to Neo-Nazi marches and rallies, and do so without resorting to physical attacks.  And to me, watching some Neo-Nazi give the salute and make racist and anti-semetic statements are far more of an incitement to violence than "good night" and "drag me".  

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, sATL said:

This is a smart move on Robyn's part -- seems like she has enough self-awareness to know she's got a good product/something that is missing in her target market but doesn't have enough knowledge/know how to run the actual business side of things. Not knowing how to run the business side of things is a big part of why a lot of companies fail, especially ones that deal in creative offerings.  

And wasn't it their original business manager who stole their money and caused all their problems in the first place? I'd be hesitant too of going to an individual again too if I were them. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Blondie said:

But what Karen said was recorded, it was on camera, it was on the show.  It's not like Karen said something in private, to Wendy and she told everybody what she said.  We all saw it.  

And maybe Karen should pay attention to how much she drinks.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And neither does Monique, as she so smugly put it in her first season "wifey doesn't work"

Monique also does not have a successful brand, she has a money pit of a podcast where she ritually burns up her husband's money. 

Notably, Monique married Chris after he left the NFL, where I assume he earned most of his money.  So, in the event of a divorce,  its likely she wouldn't be automatically entitled to half of everything since most of the money would have been his separate property and the houses would have been purchased with his separate funds.  She would get a child support check for sure though.  

I wonder if Chris did that on purpose?  They were dating for like 10 years, seems interesting that he would wait until after he was well separated from the NFL to propose. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I also have a PhD and I agree it is nice to see so many in this forums.

I know a clueless people with PhD and a incredibly smart, successful people with GEDS.

I agree with you. Some of the people with PhD's who taught/mentored me would make you question if they just hand them out to some people. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RealReality said:

And neither does Monique, as she so smugly put it in her first season "wifey doesn't work"

That's right.  Chris' mother commented that Monique should get a job and she said, "wifey doesn't work."  So no, what Monique is doing, she doesn't consider work.  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But what Karen said was recorded, it was on camera, it was on the show.  It's not like Karen said something in private, to Wendy and she told everybody what she said.  We all saw it.  

And maybe Karen should pay attention to how much she drinks.

Additionally, Wendy doesn't owe Karen any loyalty.  Karen has been shitting all over Wendy from the day she arrived.  I don't know why Karen expects loyalty from Wendy, because she doesn't deserve it. 

Furthermore, like you pointed out, Karen said this in front of like four other people, it wasn't some secret confession she made to Wendy.  Karen just has to take the L on this one and keep her business private if she wants it to be private.  

Ray is clearly a proud man, and if he and Karen are really having problems, her divulging that she bailed him out and wants her money back is going to hurt him.  

• Love 10

To be fair, Wendy was not relying on medical expertise when she said that Karen's defense of Monique because of undisclosed *medical* issues was bogus. She was just making the common sense statement that the woman went back for a second round when she charged Candiace and that wasn't in the heat of the original fight.

And all of the footage indicates that Monique knew damn well what she was doing all of the time including the blow by blow description in the limo when she was leaving the site of the brawl.

Karen sought to diminish Wendy's statement by stating she wasn't a medical doctor which was completely irrelevant. Most of us are not medical doctors but can see that Monique doesn't have what most people think of as medical issues causing poor impulse control. People who have TBI (traumatic brain injury) might have medical issues which cause them to lose it but Monique doesn't.

Monique not going on the upcoming trip was due to producers and not based on a decision by Ashley to disinvite Monique. None of these trips are actually planned by the housewives. I would imagine the women told the producers that they would not go on a trip with Monique and the producers decided they would go with the majority decision. Ashley merely was the messenger since she had been set up originally as the *hostess*.

I hate to say it but Wendy is growing on me. I hold a degree in a field in which I was a pioneer and so I was used to being discounted and ignored. I think that Wendy has probably also had that experience as have many women - especially women of color and/or immigrants so I will cut her some slack on the display of her credentials especially since that was in the first episodes and she seems to have relaxed.

I also come from a culture and family in which education and professional achievement is prized. I think it is great that Wendy is actively trying to raise strong black men who value education as well as personal values such as leadership and integrity. I really think that there just can't be enough of that kind of positive stuff. I think that a lot of racism that isn't perceived by white people is reduced when people see depictions of immigrants and people of color and realize that they are just like they are and people they want to live next door to.

I was raised to by extremely liberal parents who instilled actively anti-racist ideals to the extent they could but I also grew up in a de facto segregated neighborhood and went to de facto segregated schools so I really had no interaction with POC. There weren't television shows which had black main characters. I remember Julia being a big deal when I was a kid and then Cosby of course. Obviously that is just a smallish thing in the scheme of things but I do think that there is much more implicit acceptance of multiculturalism as well as realizing that people might look different or have different customs but share many of the same values when there are different kinds of people leading normal good loves on popular culture. It just becomes what people become familiar with and no longer scary and strange. Of course there are still a lot on the other side but I will leave that be. I watch House Hunters and so many of the interracial or gay couples are just portrayed with race or gayness nit being part of the storyline  what an incredible way we have come from a loving vs Virgina which was decided in 1967 or even Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner when the black boyfriend was the complete storyline  

In terms of my personal voyage, it was as an adult that I had my first true black friend. We shared so much in common - we had moved to Los Angeles - we were lawyers in the entertainment business - our mothers were both teachers in New York City and our fathers were both working for the government as well - her father was a fireman in New York and we both shared a passion for flea markets so we would get up at the crack of dawn every Sunday to hit one of the flea markets in Los Angeles. We were best friends for several years until she moved back and we couldn't keep up as much. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 8

What exactly is Monique's background that was so difficult. 

I get that she isn't a college graduate like the others - Gizelle, Robyn and Candiace clearly came from middle to upper middle class backgrounds. 

But Ashley seems to have had a difficult upbringing as her mother seems pretty worthless as a parent. She was on the pageant circuit so I guess that helped provide her with upward mobility. Not just by marrying an old rich guy but she seems to have also gotten some kind of degree so theoretically she could have gotten a job. Or perhaps I am missing something in terms of her background.

Of course the dynamics of Candiace's mother/daughter relationship are also not healthy but Candiace at least had the economic and social advantages. 

Karen might not have gone to college but she came from what seems to be a very middle class type of family with a cohesive nuclear family and a strong extended family as well as a childhood that was both economically and emotionally stable. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, retired watcher said:

Though I doubt Ray has a doctor of business degree it is possible to have a Doctorate without it being a PhD. It depends on your area of study. For example you can be a Doctor of Education but that is not a PhD. i think that is what Wendy was pointing out. By the way I find Wendy obnoxious about her education. When you have to constantly brag about something it usually means you are insecure about it.

What makes them unique is they are lined with satin which makes them easier on you hair.

So as someone else also pointed out above, why wasn't she mentioning this important feature?  I only saw it when I looked at her web site. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, amarante said:

To be fair, Wendy was not relying on medical expertise when she said that Karen's defense of Monique because of undisclosed *medical* issues was bogus. She was just making the common sense statement that the woman went back for a second round when she charged Candiace and that wasn't in the heat of the original fight.

Yes, the point no one seems to get is that Monique went back for a second round and had to be physically restrained when she tried to attack her outside.  That. Is. Not. Rational. Behavior.  Period, end of story.  I wouldn't want to go on a trip with her either, until she admitted that what she did was wrong.  

I listened to some of the aftershow and Monique was throwing out the "mom" card when she said something like Candiace was going to throw this mom of three in jail.  I guess it's fine to throw a single person in jail, huh Monique?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

What Candace did would not meet the bar for inciting violence.  From what I remember from law school the bar is generally pretty high to criminalize speech.  

Every year, minorities are subjected to Neo-Nazi marches and rallies, and do so without resorting to physical attacks.  And to me, watching some Neo-Nazi give the salute and make racist and anti-semetic statements are far more of an incitement to violence than "good night" and "drag me".  

idk - taunting someone to drag you while screeching in their face is not normal behavior. Wonder what her explanation for that could be - more than once Candiace urged, encouraged - incited - Monique to drag her. Perhaps she wanted a lawsuit - who knows.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I listened to some of the aftershow and Monique was throwing out the "mom" card when she said something like Candiace was going to throw this mom of three in jail.  I guess it's fine to throw a single person in jail, huh Monique?

You would think with her being that mother of three ..........that maybe a mother of 3 should know better and be setting an example to those three children not to put your hands on or Hit people no matter what they do and to walk away...but oh no not Monique  ....Monique and her making excuses just irks my last nerve...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

That's right.  Chris' mother commented that Monique should get a job and she said, "wifey doesn't work."  So no, what Monique is doing, she doesn't consider work.  

I've always worked outside the home. However I know that raising kids, cooking, cleaning and managing a household are not worthless endeavors, although typically "unpaid" unless you do it for someone else. But in the era of push gifts, even women devalue themselves unless they get directly paid for doing such things. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, nexxie said:

idk - taunting someone to drag you while screeching in their face is not normal behavior. Wonder what her explanation for that could be - more than once Candiace urged, encouraged - incited - Monique to drag her. Perhaps she wanted a lawsuit - who knows.

Monique is the perpetrator, not the victim. The end. I honestly can't believe we're still doing this false equivalency thing.

On another note, I actually do like Karen for the most part, but the idea that Monique's "blacking out" is a "medical" issue is bogus. I get that Karen doesn't want to gang up on Monique and I even admire that but she's really grasping at straws because she doesn't want to acknowledge that Monique's behavior went beyond the pale to criminal action. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I get that Karen doesn't want to gang up on Monique and I even admire that but she's really grasping at straws because she doesn't want to acknowledge that Monique's behavior went beyond the pale to criminal action. 

I don't get that at all.  What is wrong with Karen? 

I think Karen is full of shit.  She doesn't have a degree.  That's all well and good, but I'm a few years older than Karen and I know that to get your foot in the door, as a black person, you needed at least a BA.  I am sure that Karen had some kind of help, maybe her family, maybe a man, but she didn't make it all by her lonesome. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I would have voided her recording contract at the first sight of a tissue square.

Maybe she’ll market her own tissues squares when the singing doesn’t take off.

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get that at all.  What is wrong with Karen? 

I think Karen is full of shit.  She doesn't have a degree.  That's all well and good, but I'm a few years older than Karen and I know that to get your foot in the door, as a black person, you needed at least a BA.  I am sure that Karen had some kind of help, maybe her family, maybe a man, but she didn't make it all by her lonesome. 

What were Karen’s achievements outside of marrying Ray? I don’t mean this in a shady way but she married well and was lucky to be cast on a reality show which lays her a high salary and provides her with promotional benefits. I don’t see licensing your make for a perfume which is not exactly topping the perfume sales charts as being a huge achievement. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 2