Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/2/2020

falltime
Message added by raven

With the US presidential election this week, we would like to remind everybody about the site's rules regarding political discussion.

Comments about politicians, political parties, and political issues are only allowed as they relate to what is currently being talked about by the hosts on the show. Subjects that are off-limits include:

• Posts from the hosts' social media about politics that have no relation to the show.
  • Speculation about how the hosts voted, or their feelings on candidates at any level of the ballot.
  • Disparaging nicknames for politicians or their supporters, even those who are mentioned on the show.
  • Off-topic personal anecdotes.
  • Any political story that may appear in other news/talk shows but does not come into play on The View.

Additionally, this is not the place to share who you voted for.

Violations of this policy will result in disciplinary measures, up to and including being banned from the site.

If you suspect your post breaks any of these rules, consider editing before commenting.

If you see a post that you believe breaks the rules, do not engage with it. Instead, please report it and the mod team will review.

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Sara has lost weight, particularly in her face, & her make-up hasn't reflected her new slimmed down face.  JMHO.

I agree, she really needs to tone it down.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think Sara has lost weight, particularly in her face, & her make-up hasn't reflected her new slimmed down face.  JMHO.

I've noticed her weight loss, too.  Her face is much thinner for sure.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes, the sad and disappointed vibe was mainly coming from Joy & Sara when they opened the show; I should have been more specific when I made the comment.  I was just relating to how those 2 were feeling the most so I think that feeling just stuck with me for the rest of the show so maybe I was projecting. 

And thanks to Whoopi I have had Lenny Kravitz running through my head all damn day, although thoughts of Lenny Kravitz isn't really a bad thing, lol. 

Just remembered another interesting thing that JK said. He said that Trump was campaigning as soon as he was elected, and that if Trump gets a second term he won't be able to campaign, what will he do. He said he prefers campaigning to governing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Just remembered another interesting thing that JK said. He said that Trump was campaigning as soon as he was elected, and that if Trump gets a second term he won't be able to campaign, what will he do. He said he prefers campaigning to governing.

Golfing.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 11/3/2020 at 10:55 PM, RealHousewife said:

I think Sara is kind of the opposite of Meghan. She's smart and not tribal but not super into politics.

I would not call Sara "smart".  She had no clue about Thomas Jefferson and slaves, didn't comprehend Trump not paying taxes, and twists herself in a pretzel trying to pick a side.       

Sunny is smart.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I would not call Sara "smart".  She had no clue about Thomas Jefferson and slaves, didn't comprehend Trump not paying taxes, and twists herself in a pretzel trying to pick a side.         Sunny is smart.

I'm a Sara fan but definitely think Sunny's one of the smartest hosts to ever be on the show. 

• Love 18
14 hours ago, falltime said:

For those of us that didn't get it on TV and don't have Hulu, they've put up today's clips.

Hulu only had the Jonathan Karl interview. 

13 hours ago, OnTime said:

I would not call Sara "smart".  She had no clue about Thomas Jefferson and slaves, didn't comprehend Trump not paying taxes, and twists herself in a pretzel trying to pick a side.         Sunny is smart.

Is Sara stupid? No. Is she smart?  I don't know if I would call her smart.  She isn't willfully ignorant of facts but her intelligence IMO seems tilted to things other than politics.  She understands what she hears but I don't think she could ever explain something to someone.  Joy had her own show and discussed politics regularly.  Sunny is a lawyer. Ana is an actual political pundit.  Whoopi discusses politics through the lens of how things affect her.   But Sara is better suited for more light topics and that is OK.  I think she knows what her lane is and keeps in it.  Meghan on the other hand considers herself a political expert even though nobody else considers her that.  She is free to voice her opinions as we all are. It's her attitude of "I know this is true and if you don't believe me I don't care because I know I am right" that is so off putting.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

But of course Sarah has to cut in with “they just have different opinions.

I'm not turning on the tv today.  I have too much anxiety.  But I can understand Sara saying this since her parents are trump supporters and she can't think of them being sexist, racist assholes.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Is Sara stupid? No. Is she smart?  I don't know if I would call her smart.  She isn't willfully ignorant of facts but her intelligence IMO seems tilted to things other than politics.  She understands what she hears but I don't think she could ever explain something to someone.  Joy had her own show and discussed politics regularly.  Sunny is a lawyer. Ana is an actual political pundit.  Whoopi discusses politics through the lens of how things affect her.   But Sara is better suited for more light topics and that is OK.  I think she knows what her lane is and keeps in it.  Meghan on the other hand considers herself a political expert even though nobody else considers her that.  She is free to voice her opinions as we all are. It's her attitude of "I know this is true and if you don't believe me I don't care because I know I am right" that is so off putting.

According to Wikipedia Sara has a degree in Government from Smith College.😕

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, Mldyold said:

According to Wikipedia Sara has a degree in Government from Smith College.😕

Perhaps she needs a refresher course.

18 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

But of course Sarah has to cut in with “they just have different opinions.” Gimme a break.

Some things are not a matter of opinion. Racism and sexism really shouldn't be up for debate.  

• Love 15

I agreed with Sunny, although I think she could’ve made her point better than she did, and it annoyed me to see Sara and Whoopi team up against her. I don’t think Whoopi was going to let her respond to Sara when they came back from commerical, but Sunny made sure she did anyway—good for her. You can throw out all these hollow platitudes if you want, but it really means nothing if what you’re trying to say is wrapped in a lie. At least Sunny was being truthful about the reality. The best thing Sara could probably say is sometimes people don’t realize what they do and leave it at that.

• Love 10
On 11/5/2020 at 11:16 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Sunny is dead on. The people that voted for Trump might not be all sexist, racist assholes, but the fact that they’re willing to overlook all of that to support him as long as they’re doing okay — or worse, to avoid admitting they were wrong — is unAmerican. But of course Sarah has to cut in with “they just have different opinions.” Gimme a break.

I agreed with Sunny and she held her ground.  I liked her banter with Sara..

I also agreed with her that these mythical legions of Black male voters are not panning out as the right would like us to believe.. 

People need to stop listening to the media who have their own agendas that are not always to our benefit..  Whoopie talked about this, the media's narrative does not always add up to reality.

Ana was right, no group of people is a monolith and Joy was great as always.

I got a kick out of Whoopie not being able to keep the ladies in line, she was getting impatient trying to speak and the ladies were just debating like she was not there. 

I thought the discussion was great with everybody getting a chance to speak and were able to disagree without becoming disagreeable..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 17

sigh

I remember when we had a good show.  Not that long ago actually.  Last week lol. #ughpreemptions.  Yes i know its for the greater good but i cant take it anymore.  Will it flip? Will it not?  numbers going up on each side like an NBA game. Updates any moment now (several hours later. tm George).  We get it PA is crucial!  No offense PA.  Im just tired.  #LouLosingIt!

Edited by ForumLou
Added
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

People need to stop listening to the media who have their own agendas that are not always to our benefit..  Whoopie talked about this, the media's narrative does not always add up to reality.

The  media never tells you the whole story.   And sadly most people wouldn't pay attention to the whole story anyways. We live in a world that is now all about sound bites and headlines and tweets.  I still read books.  I might not know something as soon as it  happens but I will know the full story when I do read about it.

And speaking of books I am picking up Sunny's this weekend at the library.  I will let  you all know what I think of it.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 10

3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Ana is an actual political pundit.

Ana is also a lawyer!  From her Wiki, In 1997, she earned her Juris Doctor from St. Thomas University School of Law.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I agree that there was great back and forth today. Imagine if MeAgain would have been there!!

43 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I thought the discussion was great with everybody getting a chance to speak and were able to disagree with becoming disagreeable..

• Love 7

It was a great show today! Really good discussion. I like Sunny but I tire of her repeating her points. Sara does this also. You've said it, someone disagrees, no need to repeat it. But it worked out well especially with Ana there.

Slight improvement in Sara's makeup today. At least she didn't have those horrifically overdone eyes. Still too much eye makeup but better than yesterday. She needs to get a lighter foundation.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

I would rather listen to the other ladies for political insight as well, but I still think Sara has an easier time grasping information than a Meghan or an Abby. It seems like there are more posts complaining about Sara's intelligence than either of those women. Those two just happen to be around politics all their lives and are more interested in it. I think Sara is someone who will come around and get something even if she initially has a different opinion. Abby would say the sky is blue as if it were a revelation, and Meghan doesn't get basic things like the Dr. Fauci deal with masks. I get a bit defensive of Sara because she's sweet and has common sense that some of the other women who've been on The View lack. She also has enough self-awareness to know she doesn't know everything. I am not saying I consider her a pundit, but I think she's smarter than she's given credit for and prefer listening to her over some of the others. 

I agree that Meghan's attitude is very off putting. I enjoyed today's debate, and I know it would have made my blood pressure rise if Meghan were involved. When I disagree with Sara, she doesn't offend me because she doesn't have the smug "I've been in politics all my life and it's your job to listen to me" attitude. She's the first to say if something is over her head. I also think what she said today must be because she's thinking of her own family. 

• Love 15

In today's fight discussion, I have to take Sunny's side. She really scored some solid points, and didn't back down.

Ana and Joy were on target, and Whoopi was more distracted trying to fit in the commercial breaks.

As usual, Sara was dragged in from the JV league, and didn't belong on the team. I feel bad for her, as she gets intimidated too easily, and chokes up on her words. Can't wait for tomorrow's show...I think we're treated to a 'Feel Good Friday' VYD !!!!

1 minute ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Can’t wait for tomorrow's show...I think we're treated to a 'Feel Good Friday' VYD !!!!

I’d love the distraction. This suspense is making me ill. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm hoping Greta Monaghan and Adam Glassman team up for a special 'View Your Deal: Election Edition' ! We can have the chance to buy a half-price abacus, so we can tally the election votes at home. I know the drill, so I have my CC in my hand.

What I do appreciate about Sara is that she listened to Sunny's entire point.   MM would have got stuck on 50% of America is racist (which Sara and Sunny understood was not said) and kept the conversation there.   

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Totally agree!  I don’t know why ABC here (west coast) feels the need for hours and hours of coverage when literally nothing has happened yet, basically since early hours Wednesday.   Just break in if there’s actual news...don’t need to hear the same things over and over.  I’ve missed The View two days now and I’d like to see it on Friday!  

• Love 5
On 11/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, bannana said:

Yes, Sara and Joy are disturbed by the fact that he got so much support; they were surprised. Lots of talk about wrong the polls were. Whoopi is very upbeat and keeps singing (badly) it ain't over till it's over. Ana said she was on Telemundo all evening and until 3 a.m. Jonathon Karl usefully explained why the counting of ballots is taking so long in different states. He also said this is the process, it will carry on and there will be a result and he poohed poohed the idea of the Supreme Court calling off the counting. He was really informative. JK also explained that seniors in FLA stuck with Trump even though they are affected by COVID. Also discussion on the Senate and that there was no blue wave.

Joy wore her quid pro quo shirt to remind people that he was impeached for trying to get foreign interference to affect the election.

Sunny was pretty upbeat.

Sara looked awful, and I mean really awful. Along with bizarrely overdone eye shadow and lashes, her foundation looked spackled on. And she is wearing a really fugly sweater in a colour that doesn't flatter her colouring. 

Ana looked damn good for being up all night.

Joy said she fell asleep at 9 pm.

Here's what Sara's makeup looked like.

Meme Staring GIF by moodman

I thought you were exaggerating about Sara. I didn't watch yesterday so I pulled up the episode on Youtube. Goddamn, you are spot on. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, leftlane said:

I thought you were exaggerating about Sara. I didn't watch yesterday so I pulled up the episode on Youtube. Goddamn, you are spot on. 

And Sara is in studio, so she has the professional makeup people. Though I have to believe the others do as well, maybe not Ana. Ana looks great with a more toned down approach.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, After7Only said:

What I do appreciate about Sara is that she listened to Sunny's entire point.   MM would have got stuck on 50% of America is racist (which Sara and Sunny understood was not said) and kept the conversation there.   

This is true.  Meghan would have taken what Sunny said as a personal attack. 

It is possible to have a discussion about uncomfortable things without throwing a temper tantrum.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, suomi said:

How jarring is her return going to be? No matter the little heres and theres, it's been so pleasant. Sigh.

Will be quite jarring.  Am really glad she wasn’t there for the past few weeks.  It was a relief.  Can’t say more about her tweets as off topic.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Im in the mountain time zone w/ Ixfinity cable.  I was pleasantly surprised to find they are showing them in their entirety.  I just did a search for the view, and it has the most recent shows.  I'd watch quick though, i don't think they stay for long.

• Love 1

On the East Coast it was pre-empted for ABC News coverage. On the political panel was that woman Sarah Fagen (Monday's guest) and Rahm Emanuel - I didn't realize RE was a (paid) political contributor for ABC, since they never introduced him that way on 'The View' - yet it does explain why he is frequently on 'The View' now.

• Love 1
On 11/4/2020 at 2:43 PM, Cementhead said:
On 11/4/2020 at 2:19 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I've noticed her weight loss, too.  Her face is much thinner for sure.

Sara had her first baby in 2016, her second baby in 2017 and her last baby in June 2019.  That's three babies in three years!  Her weight loss is due to not being pregnant and and raising 3 toddlers.  I think she has always been beautiful, inside and out.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sara had her first baby in 2016, her second baby in 2017 and her last baby in June 2019.  That's three babies in three years!  Her weight loss is due to not being pregnant and and raising 3 toddlers.  I think she has always been beautiful, inside and out.

Yes, I know that. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Sara has also talked about her anxiety. In some, anxiety causes weight loss. 

• Love 1
On 11/6/2020 at 6:02 PM, Tara said:

I thought Sunny’s comments about Trump supporters smacked of intolerance. Besides being self-righteous and mean. 

It is easy for Sunny to "look the other way" from her comfy 2-large-salary home while millions of Americans are out of work with no hope of work or being able to put food on their tables for several more months. People who cannot afford TVs & smartphones and are living hand-to-mouth don't spend their days watching the news like pampered TV hosts; this doesn't mean they are racist or don't care about children at the border. Many are POC or immigrants themselves.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2