Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 11/2/2020

falltime
Message added by raven

With the US presidential election this week, we would like to remind everybody about the site's rules regarding political discussion.

Comments about politicians, political parties, and political issues are only allowed as they relate to what is currently being talked about by the hosts on the show. Subjects that are off-limits include:

• Posts from the hosts' social media about politics that have no relation to the show.
  • Speculation about how the hosts voted, or their feelings on candidates at any level of the ballot.
  • Disparaging nicknames for politicians or their supporters, even those who are mentioned on the show.
  • Off-topic personal anecdotes.
  • Any political story that may appear in other news/talk shows but does not come into play on The View.

Additionally, this is not the place to share who you voted for.

Violations of this policy will result in disciplinary measures, up to and including being banned from the site.

If you suspect your post breaks any of these rules, consider editing before commenting.

If you see a post that you believe breaks the rules, do not engage with it. Instead, please report it and the mod team will review.

• Start Topic

Monday, Nov. 2 – Nate Silver (“FiveThirtyEight”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Nov. 3 – The Political View with Pete Buttigieg; ABC News contributor Sara Fagen

Wednesday, Nov. 4 – Day of Hot Topics

Thursday, Nov. 5 – Day of Hot Topics

Friday, Nov. 6 – Day of Hot Topics

• Love 7
On 10/31/2020 at 9:26 AM, Pearson80 said:

This will be an interesting stressful week and I am grateful Nutmeg will not be there to add to it.. 

Never say never unfortunately.  I'll believe it when its Friday lol 🤨

• Love 7

With the US presidential election this week, we would like to remind everybody about the site's rules regarding political discussion.

Comments about politicians, political parties, and political issues are only allowed as they relate to what is currently being talked about by the hosts on the show. Subjects that are off-limits include:

• Posts from the hosts' social media about politics that have no relation to the show.
  • Speculation about how the hosts voted, or their feelings on candidates at any level of the ballot.
  • Disparaging nicknames for politicians or their supporters, even those who are mentioned on the show.
  • Off-topic personal anecdotes.
  • Any political story that may appear in other news/talk shows but does not come into play on The View.

Additionally, this is not the place to share who you voted for.

Violations of this policy will result in disciplinary measures, up to and including being banned from the site.

If you suspect your post breaks any of these rules, consider editing before commenting.

If you see a post that you believe breaks the rules, do not engage with it. Instead, please report it and the mod team will review.

Hopefully McCain continues to be off so we can get a whole month or more of good shows out of that baby of hers. Tbh, I thought for sure she'd be back a week later, but I'm so happy I was wrong about that. I almost wonder if they're trying to transition Ana into her place finally, depending on how the political scene goes in the next four months or so. Especially if they stay remote for the majority of this season, and it looks like it may end up going that way, being in Florida wouldn't prevent her from being there full-time now.

So looking forward to Buttigieg. Probably for the best they have mostly no guests the rest of the week.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

So looking forward to Buttigieg. Probably for the best they have mostly no guests the rest of the week.

I'm guessing they want to see how the election goes to see who they will have on. 

• Love 6
On 10/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, Pearson80 said:

This will be an interesting stressful week and I am grateful Nutmeg will not be there to add to it.. 

Oh, Meghan is not going to have a newborn stop her from showing the up week of the Presidential election.  She is a political analyst!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

The ladies were on fire during the first block, I agreed with everything that they said and Ana as always just rocked.  The mods have warned us about our opinions during this election week, so I am going to leave it at that..

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The ladies were on fire during the first block, I agreed with everything that they said and Ana as always just rocked.  The mods have warned us about our opinions during this election week, so I am going to leave it at that..

No question there. They are batting hard this morning and I imagine tomorrow morning will be the same. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I really like Sara and think her opinions are as valid as anyone else’s  on the panel.  I think she’s often judged more on her looks than what she says.  Unfortunately, often by other women.  

I often dismiss Sara as being too fluffy, but today she was spot on.  She made some astute observations.

Whoopi looks good today.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, GladysCravits said:

I really like Sara and think her opinions are as valid as anyone else’s  on the panel.  I think she’s often judged more on her looks than what she says.  Unfortunately, often by other women.  

I've criticized Sara when I thought what she was saying was a flip flop from something she had said previously or said something I thought was wrong. I have never judged her on her looks.  Do I think she is sometimes in over her head during serious discussions? Yes I do. Not every co host is suited for discussing all hot topics.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I've criticized Sara when I thought what she was saying was a flip flop from something she had said previously or said something I thought was wrong. I have never judged her on her looks.  Do I think she is sometimes in over her head during serious discussions? Yes I do. Not every co host is suited for discussing all hot topics.

Sara definitely is over her head during the serious discussion which is why she wasn't in the Andrew Cuomo interview.

She sounds even more scripted when anyone else speaks after she does. That happened today when they were talking about the Biden bus. Ana spoke after she did and Ana just sounded normal!

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, bannana said:

I didn't know this Nate Silver guy but I thought he was not all that useful today.

He has the FiveThirtyEight blog which does polling. He came on the scene in 2008 and up until 2016 was pretty accurate.  I think the 2016 results spooked  him and since then he seems less sure of the polling.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

This Fagan lady is full of shit with her “both sides”ism and apologies for Trump’s unfortunate tweets that promote violence. 

I think anyone who does not see it on both sides is lying to themselves. Fagen was simply stating a fact. IMO it’s much worse on one side and that is why cities are boarding up and building walls. I’m so thankful I’m in a rural area and do not have to worry about being amongst any violence. 

WOW! Sara Fagen has THE most annoying screechy voice on television this morning. Just what's not needed on a high anxiety day. I'll start with that...

I liked Mayor Pete from the beginning, yet found him to be a bit nervous during TV interviews. He sure has come a long way - comfortable in his own shoes, and gets his message across in a cool and calming way. Just what we did need on a high anxiety day.

Speaking of high anxiety, I do miss MeAgain these days. I thought for sure she would return last week or this week. They are all working from home - I'm not sure why she didn't join in the past few days for an hour (or less, maybe she didn't have to stick around for interviews). I miss her telling us about 'spilling the tea', 'reading the tea leaves', and of course, 'moving the needle either way'.

BTW - anyone as excited as I am knowing we can get handcrafted cheese boards, a frywall for your frying pan and even bear claws to shred your pork and serve it - all at 50% off thanks to Gretta Monahan's 'VYD' yesterday???? I'll end with that...

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I was right there with Joy this morning. I’m always grateful they have someone real and raw like her on television. I understood what Sara was saying (especially from a religious perspective), but it’s hard for me to believe in that kind of optimism right now.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was right there with Joy this morning. I’m always grateful they have someone real and raw like her on television. I understood what Sara was saying (especially from a religious perspective), but it’s hard for me to believe in that kind of optimism right now.

I am atheist but I do believe in positive energy.  So I'm choosing to put as much as I can out into the universe and let the universe do with it as it sees fit.

11 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Megan should take note from him, you can voice your opinions with people who don't agree with you  without devolving into histrionics..

Meghan is incapable of that.  She is very rigid in her beliefs (unless it conflicts with the image she is trying to project) and only sees her own side.  For her the other side is wrong and it is up to her to show them how wrong they are.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:

I am atheist but I do believe in positive energy.  So I'm choosing to put as much as I can out into the universe and let the universe do with it as it sees fit.

Meghan is incapable of that.  She is very rigid in her beliefs (unless it conflicts with the image she is trying to project) and only sees her own side.  For her the other side is wrong and it is up to her to show them how wrong they are.

I also believe in positive energy. I wish more people would look into the power it has and not dismiss it as stupid kooky new age stuff. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
On 11/2/2020 at 10:29 AM, Haleth said:

I often dismiss Sara as being too fluffy, but today she was spot on.  She made some astute observations.

Whoopi looks good today.

I think Sara is kind of the opposite of Meghan. She's smart and not tribal but not super into politics.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

I have a feeling we're not going to have a show today.  I smell pre-emption.  Hope not though, i could use a break from all this

It's pre-empted in the DC/MD/VA area. Well, at least in my area-MD

2 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I'm watching it right now.

That's because you be in Canada, yeah?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

What is the vibe of the show? I am not seeing it here...

Sadness and disappointment.

They are trying to process how the votes can be so close and make sense of it all.  Ana is trying to cheer the rest of the ladies up and both she and Whoopi are stressing that "it ain't over 'til it's over."  Jonathan Karl is the guest and he gets into dissecting the demographics of the votes, etc.

Edited by Cementhead
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Sadness and disappointment.

They are trying to process how the votes can be so close and make sense of it all.  Ana is trying to cheer the rest of the ladies up and both she and Whoopi are stressing that "it ain't over 'til it's over."  Jonathan Karl is the guest and he gets into dissecting the demographics of the votes, etc.

Yes, Sara and Joy are disturbed by the fact that he got so much support; they were surprised. Lots of talk about wrong the polls were. Whoopi is very upbeat and keeps singing (badly) it ain't over till it's over. Ana said she was on Telemundo all evening and until 3 a.m. Jonathon Karl usefully explained why the counting of ballots is taking so long in different states. He also said this is the process, it will carry on and there will be a result and he poohed poohed the idea of the Supreme Court calling off the counting. He was really informative. JK also explained that seniors in FLA stuck with Trump even though they are affected by COVID. Also discussion on the Senate and that there was no blue wave.

Joy wore her quid pro quo shirt to remind people that he was impeached for trying to get foreign interference to affect the election.

Sunny was pretty upbeat.

Sara looked awful, and I mean really awful. Along with bizarrely overdone eye shadow and lashes, her foundation looked spackled on. And she is wearing a really fugly sweater in a colour that doesn't flatter her colouring. 

Ana looked damn good for being up all night.

Joy said she fell asleep at 9 pm.

Here's what Sara's makeup looked like.

Meme Staring GIF by moodman

The thing is that this will make you incredibly tired. You are not sure what your emotions are, so there's that. I probably still can't visit my relatives in Florida. It is going to be a long wait until everything is settled which seems unlikely.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, bannana said:

Yes, Sara and Joy are disturbed by the fact that he got so much support; they were surprised. Lots of talk about wrong the polls were.

Yes, the sad and disappointed vibe was mainly coming from Joy & Sara when they opened the show; I should have been more specific when I made the comment.  I was just relating to how those 2 were feeling the most so I think that feeling just stuck with me for the rest of the show so maybe I was projecting. 

And thanks to Whoopi I have had Lenny Kravitz running through my head all damn day, although thoughts of Lenny Kravitz isn't really a bad thing, lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2