Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: One Month Down and a Quarantine to Go

• Start Topic

Unfiltered.  NOLA really is 400,000 small.  Some of us speculated that Karin and Henry might have crossed paths.  They used to really work with each other. Amazing since they do work at a large hospital system.  I loved Woody’s “Amani shirt”.

Henry is so different in Unfiltered.  He still has occasional tics but great eye contact and his subtle sense of humor and self deprecating manner were misunderstood in the early episodes.  Christina ever been on unfiltered? I think Brett was on one which is kind of weird.

• Love 12

Olivia is never, ever going to fit this square peg into this round hole.

As for Woody not wanting a dog, he’s the type of guy who resists it right up to the front door of the pet store or shelter, but they’re attached at the hip a week later.  Just give in, Woody! 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 6
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, gladitsover said:

Wamani has a MAFS crosstitch in their apartment! Wonder where they got that?

Was it in an embroidery hoop?

Edited by endure
  • Love 4

On the bird seed issue, I'm hoping the waiter was in on the joke--fingers crossed--otherwise, way too weird

I was telling Bennett, "Don't tell your sister you love Amelia before you tell Amelia!  No!!!!!"    Thankfully, he didn't.  Whew!  Close one.

I'm getting the Katie  "I am so beautiful" vibes from ChristinA.  Sorry girls,  you're both cute but maybe a little  (read: a lot) less cute than you seem to think you are.    

Edited by rebel2u
edited for--I hope--clarity
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

yes it was cute

I just happened to notice it really at the very end of the scene, today I got an embroidery hoop piece of art from Etsy lol.

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

This convo is boring, I’m more fascinated by the red blotches appearing and disappearing on Olivia neck. 

She had that right from the beginning, we can't blame that on Brett lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Between Olivia’s dowdy looking hair and constant deep conversations, I’m surprised Brett didn’t hit the road already.  I would be shocked if he stays with her.  I can’t figure out if he’s just biding his time and a good actor or what.   I’m just loving Woody and Amani.  They both put in 100% in their marriage.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Silver Bells said:

Between Olivia’s dowdy looking hair and constant deep conversations, I’m surprised Brett didn’t hit the road already.  I would be shocked if he stays with her.  I can’t figure out if he’s just biding his time and a good actor or what.   I’m just loving Woody and Amani.  They both put in 100% in their marriage.

I think Brett does like her or is at least attracted to her. He may be feeling discouraged due to her serious nature.

Amani and Woody are amazing and so lovable ☺️!

• Love 9

Poor Henry will find a nice girl someday.  He’s just the kind of drama-free, even-tempered guy that many girls are looking for.  Christina ain’t it.  She has a lot of work to do on herself and her sense of entitlement before she even attempts to be someone’s partner.  Her treatment of the MAFS staff alone is an indication of her core nastiness.  It defies all logic.  She is not being held captive for filming.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 23

Armani saying “Woody is extra” was everything! 
Hop aboard the Love Train. 

Bennett’s sister 🤮and Christina and her friend come across as mean girls. I also don’t get Olivia’s snit that Brett is nicer off screen. I would hope so otherwise...He is so over being filmed. Maybe he is refusing to be on Unfiltered again or he left early. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

There is no chemistry at all between Henry and ChristinA. No touching, kissing or affection. Roommates.

I think there’s maybe hope for Olivia and Brett, Karen and Miles. They keep mentioning COVID so they must be around the time of lockdown, will be interesting to see how being together 24/7 goes.

The other two couples are great. So far anyway. 

• Love 6

I wish I hadn’t watched the previews. Bummer. I had such high hopes for almost everyone.  But at least it looks interesting because the last several episodes have been sooooo boring. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

As for Woody not wanting a dog, he’s the type of guy who resists it right up to the front door of the pet store or shelter, but they’re attached at the hip a week later.  Just give in, Woody! 

When Woody was leaving the diamond shop he had a little bag is like a fanny pack over his shoulder. That's the bag he's going to carry the little dog in.

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • LOL 20
2 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Bennett’s friend . . . the stuffed animal occupying a chair at the table . . . the bird seed request . . . the tarot cards.  I can almost stomach Amelia, but this one?  No.

Once Amelia starts hanging around doctors all day I wonder how she will feel about bringing her coworkers home to her nose picking, smelly husband. I wonder how invested Amelia is in this marriage or if she is just sowing some very quirky oats. Bennett is handsome and sweet but too much for me.

I liked Olivia a little but more this episode but her constant nagging will end their marriage. I wanted to see the experts intervene with Henry and Christina but they didn’t show anything. Still think Woody and Amani are great and hope Karen will give Miles a chance.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Does anyone else think this particular season is boring?

Yes!  Feels like slow motion.

The two hours tonight could have been shown in 20 minutes.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Does anyone else think this particular season is boring?  Too many stupid games.  Plus, Karen is just annoying as hell.  The guy is doing everything right.  What does she want already? 

I am actually finding it better than most seasons, nobody besides Christina really bothers me and I have the same feelings toward Brett that Olivia has, I don't quite buy his sincerity at times.  I think Karen is slow and cautious but she owns it and I don't have an issue with her or them, they seem like they are both into each other....and they are both genuine nice people.

ps ~ I guess I like boring ha ha

Edited by endure
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, gladitsover said:

Wamani has a MAFS crosstitch in their apartment! Wonder where they got that?

I don't know how I missed that! Maybe their playfulness is too center stage for me to notice the decor. I will look carefully it on re-watch, as I love to cross stitch!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This convo is boring, I’m more fascinated by the red blotches appearing and disappearing on Olivia neck. 

That's pretty common in some people. Instead of a full face blush, the neck and chest get blotchy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rebel2u said:

On the bird seed issue, I'm hoping the waiter was in on the joke--fingers crossed--otherwise, way too weird

He saw the tv cameras - I'm sure he assumed she was showing off for them, as did I 😄 

2 hours ago, endure said:

I am actually finding it better than most seasons, nobody besides Christina really bothers me and I have the same feelings toward Brett that Olivia has, I don't quite buy his sincerity at times.  I think Karen is slow and cautious but she owns it and I don't have an issue with her or them, they seem like they are both into each other....and they are both genuine nice people.

ps ~ I guess I like boring ha ha

I like boring too!  I like Brett though, and I find him/Olivia and Henry/Christina to be the most interesting because they all seem decent enough but horribly mismatched.  Woody and Amani are cute and I enjoy Bennett and Amelia well enough in a smelly kind of way.  Miles and Karen are the only ones who are actually boring me.  But I'm thankful there are no big jerks like the last 2 seasons!

• Love 8

Olivia saying that Brett is nicer when it’s just the two of them is an interesting twist. It’s usually the other way around. Tonight was the first time that I sensed chemistry between them. If only....

I don’t think Christina realizes how she comes across sometimes. After hearing her say that she has slept with guys on the first date, it explains why she is so frustrated with Henry. She probably thinks he doesn’t find her desirable. 

Still liking Woody/Amani and Bennett/Olivia. The fact that they didn’t match Henry with “petite” Olivia (as he specifically requested) led me to believe that the other couples were paired for their potential to create drama. The trademark of every reality show.

• Love 8

I don't know how many times I said to the TV screen "Olivia, SHUT UP".  The woman is so tiresome with her constant complaining.  

Brett came off as mature and affectionate, and I think that's the real Brett.  Olivia's face was all pinched and she couldn't really even explain to Rev. Cal why she thought Brett wasn't really really deep down to the very core of his being sincere and not fake.  Whatever.

• Love 14

Christina, just leave, now, and don't drag this out.  There's nothing there with Henry nor has there ever been anything.  Henry has never really tried to make a go of the marriage...he gave up at the altar, not after the wedding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

Olivia looked so happy on the day of her wedding.  That look has died off.  She is really mourning the loss of a romantic fairy-tale ending to this story. I don't think it really is about losing Brett per se.  It's about losing someone that she could call a husband.  

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Olivia is never, ever going to fit this square peg into this round hole.

Or just don't get a dog. Not everyone wants a dog.

Man, this show is such a quick watch. So much to skip.

The moment I see Amelia or Bennett do something quirky or bring a quirky friend around. Skip.

When someone starts a sentence with "the reason why I signed up for married at first sight" skip.

When they have the couples reflect on shit like the wedding day. Skip

Almost every time Christina and Henry are on screen alone (they are a trainwreck of anti chemistry). Skip

Got through the episode in record time and guarantee I missed nothing important.

Boy, this season!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The moment I see Amelia or Bennett do something quirky or bring a quirky friend around. Skip.

The moment I see them I skip.  They just seem so phony to me.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

When someone starts a sentence with "the reason why I signed up for married at first sight" skip.

I'll add to that when one of the experts starts with "this is a real marriage"...skip.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Olivia is such a petulant shrew!  She whines nonstop that under normal circumstances (i.e. no cameras), her new husband acts.... normally. And tonight, she gets all in a huff and tattles to Pastor Cal that Brett callled her 'insecure' and she didn't like that!  All I could think was, "You should just be happy he didn't call you a nagging bitch who nitpicks shit apart until any hint of fun has been sucked out of everything."  

Henry doesn't really like anything about ChristinA - for good reason. He was clearly less than impressed by the self-centeredness she showed during the wedding reception, and his first impression of her has been cemented by her subsequent treatment of the camera crew and of Henry, himself. All of which Henry might've been willing to try and work past if he found ChristinA the least bit physically appealing.  When ChristinA demands to know if he's attracted to her, Henry doesn't have it in him to tell her the truth, so offers up a weak but affirmative response. In reality, ChristinA just isn't much to look at, and regardless of the words he forces out of his mouth, his actions say he hasn't been into her from the moment he laid eyes on her.

If I met them in real life, pretty sure I'd roll my eyes at Amelia and Bennett and would not want to hang out with them . However, they've somehow managed to completely win me over in spite of myself.  Something about them just makes me smile. 

Woody made me nervous at first, as I kept expecting him to be revealed as a player whose affection for Amani would end up being be incincere and short lived. However, he's pretty well convinced me that his adoration of Anani is the real deal. I just ❤️ watching them together, as their interactions are so mature yet still cute and fun, and they are so sweet and thoughtful to each other.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

Does anyone else think this particular season is boring?  Too many stupid games.  Plus, Karen is just annoying as hell.  The guy is doing everything right.  What does she want already? 

So boring that I miss many scenes and can't be bothered to re-watch the episode.

• Love 4

I really don't know what to make of Olivia.  What they show us in dialogue is someone who is overanalyzing everything, but then there are clips of her laughing and having fun with Brett.  I stand by my assessment that the show has an agenda with the editing. Sad. 

Kind of loved it when Woody went shopping.  I sure hope Amani can persuade him to be a bit more thoughtful on the budget, but the diamond shopping was very cute. 

• Love 9