Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: One Month Down and a Quarantine to Go

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Or just don't get a dog. Not everyone wants a dog.

Man, this show is such a quick watch. So much to skip.

The moment I see Amelia or Bennett do something quirky or bring a quirky friend around. Skip.

When someone starts a sentence with "the reason why I signed up for married at first sight" skip.

When they have the couples reflect on shit like the wedding day. Skip

Almost every time Christina and Henry are on screen alone (they are a trainwreck of anti chemistry). Skip

Got through the episode in record time and guarantee I missed nothing important.

Boy, this season!

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Poor Henry will find a nice girl someday.  He’s just the kind of drama-free, even-tempered guy that many girls are looking for.  Christina ain’t it.  She has a lot of work to do on herself and her sense of entitlement before she even attempts to be someone’s partner.  Her treatment of the MAFS staff alone is an indication of her core nastiness.  It defies all logic.  She is not being held captive for filming.

The way Christina treated production told me everything I needed to know about her.   

I too was stunned at all the things Henry never experienced, but I think Christina saw it as a character flaw.  Henry's a nice young man, a decent sort, but he needs to stay away from his female "friends" who probably came on the show to get on camera.  

• Love 19

Anyone else sick of the fact that every season , the show drags one couples “ I love you “ out even though we know it’s BS and for the show . Every season , there’s a very stable , happy couple and one of the people in the relationship says I love you , but the other one just “ doesn’t feel it yet “ or “ needs time “ when it’s clear they do in fact love the person but they don’t realize until decision day that they’re actually in love with the person .. this season it’s Amani and Woody . Its  like on the bachelor. The Bach/ette is so confused about their feelings until magically they wake up the Morning on the final day and realize who they love . We know woody and Amani are going to stay together just like we knew Ashley and Anthony and Bobby and Danielle were too . No need to try to confuse us . 

• Love 14

Olivia can dish it out to Brett but sure can't take the slightest hint of criticism.  She really revealed herself when she told Pastor Cal that she easily trusts people and when he questioned her about what Brett had done to cause her to not trust him, she had nothing.  I think her image of herself skews her perspective of what she is experiencing.  Brett was absolutely correct when he stated that her calling him disingenuous puts him in a position of not being able to defend himself because she will call that "disingenuous."  And, her telling Pastor Cal that when he said she was insecure is something she can't get over.  But, Brett has to just accept disingenuous and live with it.  I believe that she totally wants to control whatever relationship she is in and the fact that Brett is his own person really bothers her.  I also think she may be someone who will always find fault with others.  I have no idea why the show is trying to make Brett the villain in this relationship (based on earlier episodes and Unfiltered).  

Christina also seems to have a different view of herself than others do.  Is she the one who watched t.v. to see how relationships should be?  

I skipped quite a bit of this episode.  All the playbacks of the weddings, Bennett's meeting with his sister (really, do some of these people ever do anything without having to be the center of attention or to prove how quirky they are?), conversations with friends, etc. I would think that being on t.v. would be enough for some of the participants, but then again there are others who are seemingly trying to prove their "more special than anyone else in the whole entire world" quirkiness.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

There is no chemistry at all between Henry and ChristinA. No touching, kissing or affection. Roommates.

I think there’s maybe hope for Olivia and Brett, Karen and Miles. They keep mentioning COVID so they must be around the time of lockdown, will be interesting to see how being together 24/7 goes.

The other two couples are great. So far anyway. 

Henry is afraid of Christina.  She wants a reason why he hasn’t made a move on her.  Eight weeks of torture for him.  He’s very uncomfortable and twitches around her.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

Henry is afraid of Christina.  She wants a reason why he hasn’t made a move on her.  Eight weeks of torture for him.  He’s very uncomfortable and twitches around her.

Yeah . When your body has a bad physical reaction To another person , probably not a match made in heaven . 

• Love 13

Brett and Olivia were supposedly “ off camera “ during the affectionate scene , yet they were ON camera ? My mind is blown lol.

Also , Vivianna is wearing the same dress in all the talking heads since episode 1. So really she just had to work one day out of all the filming .

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Olivia can dish it out to Brett but sure can't take the slightest hint of criticism.  She really revealed herself when she told Pastor Cal that she easily trusts people and when he questioned her about what Brett had done to cause her to not trust him, she had nothing.  I think her image of herself skews her perspective of what she is experiencing.  Brett was absolutely correct when he stated that her calling him disingenuous puts him in a position of not being able to defend himself because she will call that "disingenuous."  And, her telling Pastor Cal that when he said she was insecure is something she can't get over.  But, Brett has to just accept disingenuous and live with it.  I believe that she totally wants to control whatever relationship she is in and the fact that Brett is his own person really bothers her.  I also think she may be someone who will always find fault with others.  I have no idea why the show is trying to make Brett the villain in this relationship (based on earlier episodes and Unfiltered).  

Christina also seems to have a different view of herself than others do.  Is she the one who watched t.v. to see how relationships should be?  

I skipped quite a bit of this episode.  All the playbacks of the weddings, Bennett's meeting with his sister (really, do some of these people ever do anything without having to be the center of attention or to prove how quirky they are?), conversations with friends, etc. I would think that being on t.v. would be enough for some of the participants, but then again there are others who are seemingly trying to prove their "more special than anyone else in the whole entire world" quirkiness.

Just what a man loves.  She has that sad look on her face, always questioning him about “feelings”, deep conversations, whining, etc.  Like that’s going to make him care for her.  She should take some lessons from Amani.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I have no idea why the show is trying to make Brett the villain in this relationship (based on earlier episodes and Unfiltered).  

Probably because Brett refuses to take part in producer shenanigans. When he's been on couples dates, he's refused to rate his relationship and he's probably refused to answer some of the producer's leading questions.  They probably want him to bring out the drama but I don't think I've ever heard him say anything negative about Olivia in his talking heads.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
11 hours ago, endure said:

I am actually finding it better than most seasons, nobody besides Christina really bothers me and I have the same feelings toward Brett that Olivia has, I don't quite buy his sincerity at times.  I think Karen is slow and cautious but she owns it and I don't have an issue with her or them, they seem like they are both into each other....and they are both genuine nice people.

ps ~ I guess I like boring ha ha

I actually enjoyed what seemed like the first sincere moment between Brett and Olivia when they hugged after their chat with the pastor. I am a sarcastic person, but the nonstop sarcasm that Brett has shown on screen is exhausting.

• Love 13

Granted I haven't seen the episode yet, just the preview segment with Brett & Olivia, but I might know where she's coming from; she just didn't voice it well. I have to wonder too, if he's an okay guy off camera, why he isn't being an okay guy on camera. He does seem to be performing his best snark for the 'experts' & camera time, & has also become quite snippy with her on camera, which I can understand being an issue for her as it should be.

Also some might find the hauling her onto his lap & telling her to kiss him endearing, but to me that's domineering behavior. If everything is great with a couple & there's no other issues & she's okay with it then that's one thing, but his obnoxious on camera behavior along with that gives me, at the very least, yellow flag vibes with Brett.

That said there's always editing, so it's just my conjecture, but an absolute is these two should've never been matched.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

Just what a man loves.  She has that sad look on her face, always questioning him about “feelings”, deep conversations, whining, etc.  Like that’s going to make him care for her.  

For someone that won't shut up about feelings and analyzing everything their partner says or does, Olivia could not verbalize what her problem(s) is/are with Brett.  I waited...watched the constipated look on her face while she thought about it....and then...nothing.   She likes the guy off camera but not the one on camera.  And that's a bad thing why?  The cameras will soon go away, so wouldn't you want the off camera guy for the long term?  Sheesh.  

Kudos to Brett for trying to protect his and Olivia's privacy and not look like jerks on camera.  That might be why the production team doesn't like him, and it might be why he's been assigned the villain role so early on in the show.  They can't get anything juicy out of him.  He won't play nice.

Next week should be interesting.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Also some might find the hauling her onto his lap & telling her to kiss him endearing, but to me that's domineering behavior.

They were just playing around.  Pulling her onto his lap and asking her to kiss him is being affectionate.  Couples do that all the time.

She actually seemed to like it, and for once looked happy.  

• Love 22

It was nice and also sad to see how happy and beautiful Olivia was on her wedding day. Brett looked sad as he watched the video, probably because he hasn't seen the beautiful, glowing bride since that day. Maybe if Brett comes back after he walks out next week, she will be nice?

I get the presents thing, but it looked like Bennett either gave Amelia some used blender or something he found on the street. No box, manual, etc.?

I totally see Amani using her "Yes Day" card for their lucky dog. She is so cute and her voice is grating to me less and less. Not sure what they are showing for next week, but I find it hard to believe that Woody is back to his old player ways.

Sigh, I am so over Karen. She is giving Miles NOTHING and he is sticking in there. I hope when he says he is done next week, he means it. I know it is all producer driven.

I sure wish Henry could be freed from his misery. He is not the least bit attracted to her and if she does decide to make a move, he will not be able to respond in the way she wants, so I hope she sticks to her idea that she is the one who must be seduced because all men in the world want her and want to marry her. Hmmmm, she has many men who want to marry her (that's new), but none of them care enough to send her the damn flowers? Oh, except that Henry did on their wedding day.

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Based on the description of the episode I took the “May be divorcing” to someone was going to leave this episode. I jumped the gun here. Although I’ve  been really pleased with this season, this episode was seemed way too long and boring. Reliving nuptials is a yawn especially when we just saw it a few weeks ago. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

All the playbacks of the weddings, Bennett's meeting with his sister (really, do some of these people ever do anything without having to be the center of attention or to prove how quirky they are?), conversations with friends, etc. I would think that being on t.v. would be enough for some of the participants, but then again there are others who are seemingly trying to prove their "more special than anyone else in the whole entire world" quirkiness.

Yeah, who needs to see the playbacks of the wedding? Waste of time. 

So, after Amani indicates her fear when Woody was telling her his spending habits, his decision to buy her some expensive jewelry was a good idea?  Seems like kind of a show of power to me. What does he do that he has so much money to spend on monthly clothes and activities?  Olivia would sure appreciate his stance on spending.

And I am happy that Bennett and Amelia are really into each other, but way too much "see how quirky i am" stuff.  Yoopy?  Ridiculous.  Amelia's orange childish animal-headed pajamas? Really? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18

Last night's episode was setting the table for the last episodes....so lots of filler and fluff to bore the faithful viewers.

Benmelia's love declaration was a little stagey but I'll buy it.

Covid 19 Quarantine has arrived to the Big Easy.

Like the Mississippi River, Henry and ChristinA keep rolling along.....

The tease shows Bolivia imploding like a festering pus pocket.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Where did Bennett get that blender?  He came in the apartment carrying it with no box.  He was also wearing his sleep dress half tucked into his pants.  I kept wondering if he wore that to go shopping.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, JapMo said:

They were just playing around.  Pulling her onto his lap and asking her to kiss him is being affectionate.  Couples do that all the time.

She actually seemed to like it, and for once looked happy.  

I had mentioned if all is healthy otherwise it is just playing around. But he seems a bit angry person with all his snark, so that behavior put me off. JMO

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, cinsays said:

So, after Amani indicates her fear when Woody was telling her his spending habits, his decision to buy her some expensive jewelry was a good idea?  Seems like kind of a show of power to me. What does he do that he has so much money to spend on monthly clothes and activities?  Olivia would sure appreciate his stance on spending.

And I am happy that Bennett and Amelia are really into each other, but way too much "see how quirky i am" stuff.  Yoopy?  Ridiculous.  Amelia's orange childish animal-headed pajamas? Really? 

They get along, so there’s nothing to show except doing stupid things.  No drama.  For two very smart people, they act so silly.  Too much air time wasted.  I don’t want to see them jumping around in the park.  Plus, their clothes are hideous.  Eccentric, that’s what describes them.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Brett and Olivia were supposedly “ off camera “ during the affectionate scene , yet they were ON camera ? My mind is blown lol.

Also , Vivianna is wearing the same dress in all the talking heads since episode 1. So really she just had to work one day out of all the filming .

My husband watches, and he is embarrassed by the questions Dr. Vivianna asks about sex on t.v.no less.  She wants to know every little thing they do.  Invasion of privacy totally.  There’s some things that are just private between husband and wife.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

This convo is boring, I’m more fascinated by the red blotches appearing and disappearing on Olivia neck.

12 hours ago, peaceknit said:

That's pretty common in some people. Instead of a full face blush, the neck and chest get blotchy.

I think @Straycat80 was remarking not on how some people blotch, but on how Olivia's blotches come and go so constantly and quickly.  No doubt an artifact of how much they edit the conversations.  It's like watching the varying levels of a beverage or amount of ice as a conversation goes on. 

11 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The fact that they didn’t match Henry with “petite” Olivia (as he specifically requested) led me to believe that the other couples were paired for their potential to create drama. The trademark of every reality show.

Seems to me they missed a great opportunity to create drama: they could have matched Miles and Woody with white women.  Or maybe just one of them with a white woman, knowing she'd be expected to mesh with the other three, since Miles and Woody were already close friends.  There's an awful lot of "black love" talk that would become very awkward.

I assume they both expressed their preference for a black woman.  But that's only an assumption because I've never heard them actually say it.  In contrast, Henry plainly said he wanted a petite woman, and they matched him with someone who will never be a "petite" woman.  That actually makes me feel sorry for ChristinA. 

They did the same thing with Bobby and Danielle, where he said he wanted someone younger but they picked someone older.  But (1) I recall that they actually ran it by him when they were picking Danielle for him, and (2) age really is just a number, and being within a range shouldn't be a problem; lots of people don't look their age, and plenty don't act their age, so it's more than likely just an arbitrary distinction (and yet they still ran it by him first).

But they match Henry with a woman that he is exceedingly unlikely to be attracted to, just based on looks alone.  Couple that with his being slow to open up, etc. etc. etc., and ChristinA never really had a chance.  And while she seems to have a grating personality, I can't help but think it's in overdrive because she's now married to someone who doesn't find her attractive, doesn't have the same derring-do that she does, and doesn't appear to even really talk to her.  I'd be crabby, too.  Of course, I like to think I wouldn't act out, but I'm not convinced I could pull it off.

3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I think she meant when cameras were around.  That footage was from a nest camera or whatever those are--not from a camera on someone's shoulder with a producer there.  And that appears to be her complaint--that he's different when the crew is there, which is referred to as "on camera."

9 minutes ago, cinsays said:

So, after Amani indicates her fear when Woody was telling her his spending habits, his decision to buy her some expensive jewelry was a good idea?  Seems like kind of a show of power to me. What does he do that he has so much money to spend on monthly clothes and activities? 

Answer:

17 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Woody can spend $500 per month on clothes cuz he lives with Grandma.

But speaking of jewelry shopping...No, Woody, it is not true that "all women love diamonds" and it is not true (and is insulting to say) that women who say they don't love diamonds are lying.

Some women have managed to resist the De Beers manipulation of consumers, and some women feel strongly about what diamonds actually represent, like slavery, child labor, inhumane working conditions, financing wars that involve child soldiers.

Just because you know you're going to roll over when Amani insists on having a dog doesn't mean that everybody's like you.  Some of us mean what we say.

• Love 11

We begin to see COVID rear its ugly head. It's really going to test their relationships, since they'll be forced to be alone together. Will they make the best of it, or will they want to strangle each other?

I, too, was bored by the wedding rehash. Although Woody's appreciation of Amani as a bride was adorable.

I enjoyed Woody/Amani and Miles/Karen double date. Very cute.

Hopefully Woody and Amani will sort out their budget differences. Get that boy in shape, Amani! It was sweet of Woody to pick out those earrings for Amani, although I couldn't help wondering if the show paid for them and/or they were gifted by the store in exchange for promotion. Amani seemed more impressed by the coupons truthfully. They really are a cute, funny couple. Don't let me down, you two.

Brett and Olivia continue to be at odds. Olivia needs to go with the flow a bit more. It would be great if Brett could tone down the sarcasm a bit. Olivia needs to relax and realize that just because someone lives a different lifestyle than her, it doesn't make it bad. I don't know why she is always a sourpuss.

I think Henry can't wait to be done with Christina. I don't think he will ever see her as more than a friend. And it's obvious that she's rude and impatient a lot of the time. I thought her friend analyzed the situation pretty well and gave her good advice.

Bennett and Molly's tarot card reading was goofy but amusing. I see I'm not the only one who wondered where Bennett got that blender, LOL. I loved Amelia's song. They seem very happy together.

Not much to say about Miles and Karen. They get along. They seem to like each other. That's all I've got.

Shower sex is not for me. Give me a nice comfy bed every time.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

My husband watches, and he is embarrassed by the questions Dr. Vivianna asks about sex on t.v.no less.  She wants to know every little thing they do.  Invasion of privacy totally.  There’s some things that are just private between husband and wife.

Maybe, but that's part of being on this reality show.  Reality TV isn't for shy or withdrawn people.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But speaking of jewelry shopping...No, Woody, it is not true that "all women love diamonds" and it is not true (and is insulting to say) that women who say they don't love diamonds are lying.

Some women have managed to resist the De Beers manipulation of consumers, and some women feel strongly about what diamonds actually represent, like slavery, child labor, inhumane working conditions, financing wars that involve child soldiers.

Just because you know you're going to roll over when Amani insists on having a dog doesn't mean that everybody's like you.  Some of us mean what we say.

That is very true. I'm anti-diamond and my husband would never buy me one. My engagement ring was garnet and pearls. It felt like it was one of those weird product placement ads, so who knows how much choice Woody had. Hopefully someone  will educate him about the diamond industry though.

And like I said last week, I am #NoDogs. And nobody had better give me one. I would not be happy.

Edited by gingerandcloves
  • Love 1

Bennett's sister was indeed putting on a performance. The worst was asking the waiter for birdseed - SMH. Amelia looks SO much better with her hair cut - what a difference a bit of styling can make. If she is doing her residency in Virginia, that's not terribly far from Nola - at least it's not the opposite end of the country.

I still can't with Olivia - she seems like the most closed minded person. She wants Brett to change his personality! That ain't gonna happen and if he changes to please her, he is going to end up hating her. Just stick a fork in it.

I don't know why Henry can't have a relationship with Kristen. She gets him, and she is a hell of a lot more attractive and more polite than ChristinA.

I see money being a potential problem for Woody and Amani. He spends like a drunken sailor, although the coupons were very cute! The fact that he lives with his grandmother probably allows him to have more disposable income - which will be a rude awakening when he has to be responsible for all the bills that come with running a household.

I don't know about Miles and Karen. She really just seems to be going through the motions to get to the end of the 6 weeks.

• Love 7

During a prolonged scene of either Henry and ChristinA or Brett and Olivia talking, in the background there was a big package of toilet paper sitting on the floor in their bedroom.  Usually, I'd think "that's tacky" and ignore it, but these days I found myself constantly distracted and vacillating between "smart!" and "hoarder!!!"

Also, in the "coming next week" part, I was taken by the differences in the apartments.  Most of them look like an Embassy Suites, and then you get to Bennett and Amelia's, which looks, shall we say, much more lived in.  I doubt a package of toilet paper on the floor would even be noticeable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Also, in the "coming next week" part, I was taken by the differences in the apartments.  Most of them look like an Embassy Suites, and then you get to Bennett and Amelia's, which looks, shall we say, much more lived in.

Bennett and Amelia had colorful furniture and their paining on the wall. Their place looked like fun.

The other apts have zero color.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Or just don't get a dog. Not everyone wants a dog.

Man, this show is such a quick watch. So much to skip.

The moment I see Amelia or Bennett do something quirky or bring a quirky friend around. Skip.

When someone starts a sentence with "the reason why I signed up for married at first sight" skip.

When they have the couples reflect on shit like the wedding day. Skip

Almost every time Christina and Henry are on screen alone (they are a trainwreck of anti chemistry). Skip

Got through the episode in record time and guarantee I missed nothing important.

Boy, this season!

Geez. Why bother with it?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

That is very true. I'm anti-diamond and my husband would never buy me one. My engagement ring was garnet and pearls. I felt like it was one of those weird product placement ads, so who knows how much choice Woody had. Hopefully someone  will educate him about the diamond industry though.

And like I said last week, I am #NoDogs. And nobody had better give me one. I would not be happy.

Your ring must be gorgeous.  Great idea.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I get the presents thing, but it looked like Bennett either gave Amelia some used blender or something he found on the street. No box, manual, etc.?

I think it probably had something to do with the box having the name of the company on it.  It looked new to me. I was looking close.

Im sure something to do with the name and Bennett just probably  said "oh let me get rid of the box before I walk in."

14 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I really don’t care for Bennett’s sister.  I thought she and mom were strange in the brunch episode and that hasn’t changed.  I may have reached quirky overload...

I just feel like she was trying to out-quirk Bennett. 

• Love 19
17 hours ago, OnTime said:

Yes!  Feels like slow motion.

The two hours tonight could have been shown in 20 minutes.

I am so glad others feel this way. Sooooooo sloooooow.

10 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Olivia is such a petulant shrew!  She whines nonstop that under normal circumstances (i.e. no cameras), her new husband acts.... normally. And tonight, she gets all in a huff and tattles to Pastor Cal that Brett callled her 'insecure' and she didn't like that!  All I could think was, "You should just be happy he didn't call you a nagging bitch who nitpicks shit apart until any hint of fun has been sucked out of everything."  

Woody made me nervous at first, as I kept expecting him to be revealed as a player whose affection for Amani would end up being be incincere and short lived. However, he's pretty well convinced me that his adoration of Anani is the real deal. I just ❤️ watching them together, as their interactions are so mature yet still cute and fun, and they are so sweet and thoughtful to each other.

I said this before: Olivia is about appearances. Being seen. Out doing stuff like travel and fine dining. She wants Brett to be all over her on camera. Unable to bear being away from her. That's what she wants because that will be seen. Sitting home in the evening, sans real camera and he is all playful and friendly and whatever is nice but it's not on the teevee (who is really the one mindful that it's a TV show?).

As for Woody, wait until they are off tv, the bloom starts to fade and he comes home with a $300 hat. Every Friday.

5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Granted I haven't seen the episode yet, just the preview segment with Brett & Olivia, but I might know where she's coming from; she just didn't voice it well. I have to wonder too, if he's an okay guy off camera, why he isn't being an okay guy on camera. He does seem to be performing his best snark for the 'experts' & camera time, & has also become quite snippy with her on camera, which I can understand being an issue for her as it should be.

Also some might find the hauling her onto his lap & telling her to kiss him endearing, but to me that's domineering behavior. If everything is great with a couple & there's no other issues & she's okay with it then that's one thing, but his obnoxious on camera behavior along with that gives me, at the very least, yellow flag vibes with Brett.

That said there's always editing, so it's just my conjecture, but an absolute is these two should've never been matched.

I agree with you about understanding where Olivia is coming from. I really do think that she wants the world to see how desirable she is and if Brett keeps his friendly, flirty time private (even though there some inside camera), it's just not the same as being on screen and unable to not touch her and kiss her and whatnot.

2 hours ago, cinsays said:

He has the money because he likely has no expenses since he lives with Grandma. 

I FF past all of Bennett and Amelia's scenes because I'm just so over the quirk.

1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think @Straycat80 was remarking not on how some people blotch, but on how Olivia's blotches come and go so constantly and quickly.  No doubt an artifact of how much they edit the conversations.  It's like watching the varying levels of a beverage or amount of ice as a conversation goes on.

Answer:

I thought Olivia's blotches differed because they pieced together the scene from different times. I doubt that kind of redness can just vanish in a flash.

Thank you for bringing up the Woody/diamond comment. It pissed me off. I am not a jewlery person. I wear two pieces of jewelry: a wedding band and a claddagh ring both on the same finger. That is it. I told my spouse when we were seriously dating that if he ever decided that he wanted to propose to please not buy me an engagement ring of any kind or any jewelry because I just am not a jewelry person. And no, Woody, I have no interest in diamonds and why the hell would I lie about that?

Am I nuts or did I hear in the preview:

Spoiler

Dr. Pepper saying to Amelia in the preview that she will be moving to Richmond?

• Love 4

Oh,  the look in poor Miles' eyes when karen iterated  for the bazilliointh time that things have to 'fill' natural and she wants to get there, But NEVER says one damn word on camera about finding him attractive/enticing/sexy/desirable! He looks so disappointed. I would even go so far as to say this is the first time I have seen the look in his eyes that says he has realized, in spite of her statements to the contrary, that karen does not want him, never did, never will. I now believe she has only been spouting the hopeful crap to do what she believes is necessary to fulfill the contract until she can be shuck of him on DDay.

Really pissed me off that all (or nearly all) the previews were negative suggestions of breakups/abandonments! At that time, we had just gotten hit with a SUPERVIRUS! People, especially 'couples' who hadn't even known each other 30 days prior, were freaked out!  Lots of people acted on impulse! I would have felt better about  TPTB if they had shown previews of  the so-called 'experts' checking with the couples with some helpful tools for working through their very natural 'flight or fight' impulses.

Interesting to see Bennett (as much as I LOVE him and Amelia) wearing his nightshirt tucked into his cut-offs during their monthaversary segment- guy is definitely NOT a clotheshorse! Also noticed Amelia during her TH had a shorter (just shoulder length) nicely styled/more professional 'do', which tells me that TH was likely filmed after she was in residency and that she is also smart enough to know that (unfair as it is) appearances DO matter.

Wamani just keep giving off the lovin' vibes...noticed, however, that when Woody said he wanted a house, Amani did NOT jump on his rather prolific clothing expenditures as something he might need to cut back on so they could get their house. Just another PTB red herring I suspect. I have read earlier where Amani's voice has grated on some folks, but I just haven't felt that. I've found it rather mellow, chill, and indicative of the sort of woman who does not let the actions/words of others interfere with her equanimity...good on her...and, also, good for Woody for having a bride who doesn't glom on things to ratchet a discussion up to an argument.

Can't make heads or tails of HenrinA - are they just screwing with us, or have they really NOT yet figured out that they will never have enough of an understanding of each other to make any inroads into a successful relationship...

Ditto with Boliva! She is a contradiction in motion and he seems to have his signals crossed - if she likes him so much when they are off camera, why not just decide between the two of them that the OFFC time will be what they base their decisions on? If he likes her so much (as the videos would seem to suggest) why can he NOT (at least for her sake, just a little bit) TUNE DOWN THE FRICKIN SARCASM!!! They're adults & such things should not be that difficult of a decision between two people who are on the same wavelength!

I have seen somewhere (I have no clue where) that 3 couples stay together and until now I have presumed Miles/Karen would be one of the successes, and from what I have read elsewhere, that does seem to be the case - but - why the hell would Miles stay with someone who has given every indication of just stringing him along....so  maybe my presumption is (again) wrong.

...unless there is one heck of a surprise coming up. With this show, who knows.

28 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I just feel like she was trying to out-quirk Bennett. 

Totally agree....she seemed to be determined to out-Bennett Bennett.

Can't be done. And IMO, it diminished her from the start.

• Love 5

Honestly, I can't believe Brett hasn't packed up and  moved back to his house in the wrong neighborhood.  Olivia is just exhausting.  What exactly does she want?  Brett says he's being sincere.  If she chooses not to believe that, with no evidence telling her otherwise, that's on her.  If Brett is kind, considerate, affectionate off-camera, exactly what is she complaining about?   I'm not a Brett fan necessarily but I did notice that while watching the wedding video, he had his arm around her and she kept her hands firmly in her own lap.  I liked Olivia at first but as the weeks go by, I like her less and less.

I feel the exact opposite about Woody and Henry.  I figured Woody was going to be an absolute disaster and he really seems in it to win it.  Loved how Amani said he was extra.  Ha ha.  They both really seem to be enjoying their time together, while learning about each other, compromising, communicating and not freaking out over every damn thing.

I like Henry more and more each episode.  He does seem to be coming out of his shell.  The problem is that Christina doesn't listen, at least not to him.  She can't read a room.  She also flip flops -- she tells her friend that she's basically going to peace out then tells us that she is starting to really appreciate Henry.  Which is it?  Seems to me that Christina may like the bad boys.  Regardless, what she's chosen for herself thus far has not worked out.  Maybe give Henry a chance and appreciate him for his differences instead of seeing that as a flaw.  I wouldn't hesitate to date Henry.  He seems kind and loyal.  And he really hasn't said anything negative about Christina per se, just more his concern with her attitude and impatience.  Christina may be sarcastic (i.e., her comment about the good old days before they met while looking at wedding photos) but again, read a room.  It may not be the right time to make such comments.

I agree with a poster upthread who said that Henry needs to step away from his female friends.  They will do their best to make sure any relationship he's in won't last if they get the chance.  

Bennett's tarot card reading friend is a loon.  The "drama" with him and Amelia and her residency continues to be fake news as far as I'm concerned.  

Karen and Miles are boring because it's the same wash, rinse, repeat when it comes to Karen.  One week it's one step forward, the next it's two steps back.  It must be agony for Miles to see how happy Woody and Amani are. 

Looks like next week we may have some legit drama, which is good because this episode was fairly snooze worthy.   

• Love 9

Kudos to all the women saying that jewelry isn't that important to them. I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it because Woody was saying all women love diamonds and even if they say they don't, they're lying?  Ha ha, that just may be his experience with women talking. 

If a man wants to buy me jewelry, I'm not going to tell him he's an idiot for it.  Goodness, I thought it was a sweet thing to see a man wanting to do it. There are conflict-free diamonds as well. And also all kinds of beautiful colored gemstones. (I love sapphires! With diamonds! 😉 ) It's been my experience that it's difficult to get a man to WANT to buy jewelry so I'm all for someone who willingly shops for it.  You go Woody. 

But I do agree, Amani will have to rein in his spending habits if they stick together or they'll end up broke.  Bless him.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Bennett's tarot card reading friend is a loon. 

That's Bennett's sister Molly. Yes, she wanted her time in the spot light.

Hate to say it but she looks like their Dad/Mom and not in good way.

Bennett got ALL the good looks from that gene pool.

Excellent facial bone structure.

Luxurious hair compared to his sister's frizzed fluff.

Enjoyed Yoop's chyron: Pissed Off Stuffed Duck....funny subtle humor from the editors....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

LennieBriscoe here, posting from an Alternate Universe---because Brett and Olivia in a clinch?? Have we been punked?!

The spy cam caught them while watching an episode at MAFS doing some middle school hanky panky on the couch.

I'm inclined to think they may have had sex and that is why Olivia is so angry she can barely articulate what bothers her about Brett's sarcasm, his off/on camera persona to Cal.

Her sternness is anger at herself for succumbing to his charms......

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

It bugged me that Brett’s form of physical touch was so similar to how he expresses affection with his cats...he sort of “scratched” Olivia’s arm/shoulder/leg when showing affection. If he did that to me continually, I would have to tell him to change up his game. 🙂

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cancun said:

It bugged me that Brett’s form of physical touch was so similar to how he expresses affection with his cats...he sort of “scratched” Olivia’s arm/shoulder/leg when showing affection. If he did that to me continually, I would have to tell him to change up his game. 🙂

Maybe that's what Olivia will accept as non sexual touch since he does it to Tyrion, Ricky and Serena....who knows...she's perpetually pissy

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Cancun said:

I noticed that, too, probably because I don't like that kind of rubbing.  One of my greatest fears is that I'll be in a coma and someone will pet me like that and I'll feel it but won't be able to tell them to stop. 

34 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Kudos to all the women saying that jewelry isn't that important to them. I'm not sure what the issue is. Is it because Woody was saying all women love diamonds and even if they say they don't, they're lying?  Ha ha, that just may be his experience with women talking.

He made a broad statement, "All women love diamonds," and as has been demonstrated here, that's just not true.  And to call the ones who say they don't love them liars?  Well.  Doesn't he know everything!

34 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

There are conflict-free diamonds as well.

"Conflict-free" has a specific meaning.  It doesn't cover other cruelties and issues that can come with diamond mining.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I sure wish Henry could be freed from his misery. He is not the least bit attracted to her and if she does decide to make a move, he will not be able to respond in the way she wants, so I hope she sticks to her idea that she is the one who must be seduced because all men in the world want her and want to marry her. Hmmmm, she has many men who want to marry her (that's new), but none of them care enough to send her the damn flowers? Oh, except that Henry did on their wedding day.

I could not believe my ears when she said that! WTH, does she realize what show she signed up for?? 🙄 “Gosh, there are so many men in line wanting to marry me, I couldn’t possibly decide. So I will let some faux experts pick a stranger for me instead.”

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed that, too, probably because I don't like that kind of rubbing.  One of my greatest fears is that I'll be in a coma and someone will pet me like that and I'll feel it but won't be able to tell them to stop.

You can take note and when you wake up you can unload your ire.

You can put that request in your living will..."No kitty cat scratches or hand patting" in event of a comatose or vegetative state.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I'm loving Woody/Amani, Karen/Miles and Amelia/Bennett.  Based on what Miles is saying in his confessional, it appears that Karen is more open and affectionate off camera.  I'm not really surprised though given this show's history of shady editing. 

Henry is over Christina, his dislike for her started at the reception.  Christina is just rude. The fact that she snapped at production in front of guests shows that's her true personality.  Karen giving some context on Henry’s personality shows that he's just slow to open up. 

I get why Olivia is confused with Brett. He's sweet when the crew leaves and sarcastic when they're around.  Sarcasm may be a defense mechanism with him. Hopefully sweet Brett off camera is the real Brett. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 8