Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: One Month Down and a Quarantine to Go

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cancun said:

I could not believe my ears when she said that! WTH, does she realize what show she signed up for?? 🙄 “Gosh, there are so many men in line wanting to marry me, I couldn’t possibly decide. So I will let some faux experts pick a stranger for me instead.”

That was the wine talking...she conveniently forgets those bfs were already married...cheap and easy for them to say "if I wasn't already married, I would marry you in a hot minute....

• Love 13
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I noticed that, too, probably because I don't like that kind of rubbing.  One of my greatest fears is that I'll be in a coma and someone will pet me like that and I'll feel it but won't be able to tell them to stop. 

He made a broad statement, "All women love diamonds," and as has been demonstrated here, that's just not true.  And to call the ones who say they don't love them liars?  Well.  Doesn't he know everything!

"Conflict-free" has a specific meaning.  It doesn't cover other cruelties and issues that can come with diamond mining.

Okay.  

Full disclaimer I probably barely watched an hours worth of the episode last night. I'm happy some of the couples are getting along really well but unfortunately its not very interesting.

Amani and Woody are the strongest couple this season. I almost feel embarrassed to be privy to their intimate times.

I'm about to use the B word to describe Karen. It doesn't appear she is even willing to have a boyfriend at first sight never mind a husband. I don't think they could have picked a nicer more sincere person than Miles unless there is something we're totally missing. In any romantic relationship lack of sex is rarely the actual problem its a symptom of the problem which in this case lack of trust. Under these circumstances of marrying at first sight trust should be given upfront withdrawn only if warranted. When Karen makes it about Miles wanting to have sex its a distraction to avoid trusting her heart and emotions to him.

It looked like Olivia and Brett had resolved some issues but evidently not. I thought they had a partial break through.

Henry is a fairly handsome likable guy who really has every reason to be comfortable in his own skin. If things don't work out with Christina he doesn't have to assume its his fault. When you become comfortable in your own skin you realize you are 'as is where is'. I mean barring excessive drinking or drugs or fooling around.

Looks like next week will at least have some drama. Sad to say but everyone getting along is boring.

Edited by DrewPaul2010
Clarification
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, karenbrady said:

Woody can spend $500 per month on clothes cuz he lives with Grandma.

Woody and Amani will save the Five Benjamins each month during the Coronavirus quarantine.

The couple can't go out so no needing new fancy duds, no in class math to teach.... so sweatpants and shorts...

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I am so glad others feel this way. Sooooooo sloooooow.

I said this before: Olivia is about appearances. Being seen. Out doing stuff like travel and fine dining. She wants Brett to be all over her on camera. Unable to bear being away from her. That's what she wants because that will be seen. Sitting home in the evening, sans real camera and he is all playful and friendly and whatever is nice but it's not on the teevee (who is really the one mindful that it's a TV show?).

As for Woody, wait until they are off tv, the bloom starts to fade and he comes home with a $300 hat. Every Friday.

I agree with you about understanding where Olivia is coming from. I really do think that she wants the world to see how desirable she is and if Brett keeps his friendly, flirty time private (even though there some inside camera), it's just not the same as being on screen and unable to not touch her and kiss her and whatnot.

He has the money because he likely has no expenses since he lives with Grandma. 

I FF past all of Bennett and Amelia's scenes because I'm just so over the quirk.

I thought Olivia's blotches differed because they pieced together the scene from different times. I doubt that kind of redness can just vanish in a flash.

Thank you for bringing up the Woody/diamond comment. It pissed me off. I am not a jewlery person. I wear two pieces of jewelry: a wedding band and a claddagh ring both on the same finger. That is it. I told my spouse when we were seriously dating that if he ever decided that he wanted to propose to please not buy me an engagement ring of any kind or any jewelry because I just am not a jewelry person. And no, Woody, I have no interest in diamonds and why the hell would I lie about that?

Am I nuts or did I hear in the preview:

Reveal spoiler

Dr. Pepper saying to Amelia in the preview that she will be moving to Richmond?

It cracks me up.  Some movie stars getting married for the second, third or fourth time get a humongus diamond engagement ring again costing thousands of dollars.  What for?  Do they just put them in the drawer and forget about them?  Waste.

• Love 2

Yeah, Woody lost me on the Diamond comment. I don’t want diamonds and I’m not known for being a liar either. I’d much have something heartfelt like the coupons or something with more sentimental value but my husband and I are pretty low key with gifts. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Okay.  

Didn’t mean to quote you CardiGirl but I didn’t see Woody doing anything offensive. If you don’t like diamonds that’s fine but some people do. There is probably nothing anyone can do that someone won’t be offended by, but Amani seems happy with her gift . I’m also happy with the diamonds my husband bought me. If someone would be offended by gifts they could just let their partner know. I’d rather have earrings that a used blender lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I don't mind what Woody said about women liking diamonds.  When I was in college, all of us loved diamonds.  If someone got engaged, we'd all be like, "let's see the ring!" 

So it's very possible that the women Woody has been around love jewelry and diamonds. 

Just because people here seem to be indifferent to jewelry (as I am) doesn't mean that a lot of women don't like jewelry and diamonds.  And I too would rather get earrings as a present than a vacuum cleaner.

And I think that anything can be triggering to someone else. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Granted I haven't seen the episode yet, just the preview segment with Brett & Olivia, but I might know where she's coming from; she just didn't voice it well. I have to wonder too, if he's an okay guy off camera, why he isn't being an okay guy on camera. He does seem to be performing his best snark for the 'experts' & camera time, & has also become quite snippy with her on camera, which I can understand being an issue for her as it should be.

Also some might find the hauling her onto his lap & telling her to kiss him endearing, but to me that's domineering behavior. If everything is great with a couple & there's no other issues & she's okay with it then that's one thing, but his obnoxious on camera behavior along with that gives me, at the very least, yellow flag vibes with Brett.

That said there's always editing, so it's just my conjecture, but an absolute is these two should've never been matched.

Good point about that lap action, to me THAT appeared to be done for the camera.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

They have been married a month...betcha Amani did it.

I actually went back to check it more closely, I agree it appeared to be a work in progress because it still had the orginal fabric in the hoop and hadn’t been trimmed yet from what I could make out...cute idea!  

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't mind what Woody said about women liking diamonds.  When I was in college, all of us loved diamonds.  If someone got engaged, we'd all be like, "let's see the ring!" 

So it's very possible that the women Woody has been around love jewelry and diamonds. 

Just because people here seem to be indifferent to jewelry (as I am) doesn't mean that a lot of women don't like jewelry and diamonds.  And I too would rather get earrings as a present than a vacuum cleaner.

And I think that anything can be triggering to someone else. 

That is all fine but he said ANY woman who says she doesn't like diamonds is a liar.

• Love 3

I don’t think liking diamonds or not is really an issue . Nobody HATES diamonds , but some ( including myself ) prefer getting other things as gifts instead . I’d much rather something sentimental or tickets to something / an experience rather than jewelry . I just a) don’t care to wear much jewelry and b) enjoy experiences more than materialistic items .. but that’s just me . I totally understand why people like getting jewelry as a gift but just doesn’t appeal to me . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don’t think liking diamonds or not is really an issue . Nobody HATES diamonds , but some ( including myself ) prefer getting other things as gifts instead . I’d much rather something sentimental or tickets to something / an experience rather than jewelry . I just a) don’t care to wear much jewelry and b) enjoy experiences more than materialistic items .. but that’s just me . I totally understand why people like getting jewelry as a gift but just doesn’t appeal to me . 

My husband bought me some nice jewelry.  Now, It’s sitting in the jewelry box, unused.  My daughters don’t want it, and the grandaughters wear very simple things.  Nobody wears those clunky rings, bracelets or necklaces anymore, especially to the grocery store where I frequent these days.  Waste.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Geez. Why bother with it?

Because it's not all bad. A lot of reality shows are packed with filler or skipable segments. So, that isn't new. But, there are also whole couples on this show that often do nothing for me. 3 out 5 couple I find interesting is not bad.

5 hours ago, Cancun said:

It bugged me that Brett’s form of physical touch was so similar to how he expresses affection with his cats...he sort of “scratched” Olivia’s arm/shoulder/leg when showing affection. If he did that to me continually, I would have to tell him to change up his game. 🙂

THIS!  And even when he isn't scratching her, he rests his hand on her with his fingers bent in, rather than just having his hand flat on her, which would be more full contact (and normal!).  That seems like a "tell" that he's not really into her physically.

I don't know how much of the previews is editing, but wow, it looks like there will be a lot going on.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

I'm inclined to think they may have had sex and that is why Olivia is so angry she can barely articulate what bothers her about Brett's sarcasm, his off/on camera persona to Cal.

Her sternness is anger at herself for succumbing to his charms......

It appears as though Brett would rather hide behind, "preserving their privacy", instead of acknowledging that they are an actual couple.  I can understand why this would anger and frustrate Olivia. I see shades of Nick with Sonia (Miami) and Luke with Kate (Philly). 

• Love 5
Just now, Adeejay said:

It appears as though Brett would rather hide behind, "preserving their privacy", instead of acknowledging that they are an actual couple.  I can understand why this would anger and frustrate Olivia. I see shades of Nick with Sonia (Miami) and Luke with Kate (Philly). 

Look forward to her Walk of Shame if and when she acknowledges having smashed uglies with Brett.....hahaha
Brett will waggle his eyebrows and give that creepy grin of his😬

6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Honestly, I can't believe Brett hasn't packed up and  moved back to his house in the wrong neighborhood.  Olivia is just exhausting.  What exactly does she want? 

As a woman, listening to Olivia DRONE on an on and on with the psycho babble that never lets up and never accomplishes anything except driving Brett further and further away emotionally makes me very sympathetic to his point of view. 

I said in an earlier thread that I didn't think Olivia was "marriage material" and that conclusion becomes, IMO, more apropos as the show grinds on toward completion.  

How ANY man would or could have the interest and/or desire to spend time with Olivia, is simply beyond me.  But, of course, I'm not a man so I suppose, theoretically, there's some male out there who would put up with her CONSTANT mind-numbing interrogations, discussions, conversations and consultations with the "experts."

• Love 7
On 9/30/2020 at 9:49 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Poor Henry will find a nice girl someday.  He’s just the kind of drama-free, even-tempered guy that many girls are looking for.  Christina ain’t it.  She has a lot of work to do on herself and her sense of entitlement before she even attempts to be someone’s partner.  Her treatment of the MAFS staff alone is an indication of her core nastiness.  It defies all logic.  She is not being held captive for filming.

If I were a -cough- few years younger, I would be on the first flight to NOLA.  Henry is just my kind of guy.  Decent, kind, low-key, easy to please...    I wonder how he feels about older women?  I kid, I kid.  Um...    Yo, Henry!       Christina is a pill.  A mean and nasty pill at that.  Her snark on his insecurities was just nasty.  It may have been edited, but as aired it made her look like a horrible beast.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

If I were a -cough- few years younger, I would be on the first flight to NOLA.  Henry is just my kind of guy.  Decent, kind, low-key, easy to please...    I wonder how he feels about older women?  I kid, I kid.  Um...    Yo, Henry!       Christina is a pill.  A mean and nasty pill at that.  Her snark on his insecurities was just nasty.  It may have been edited, but as aired it made her look like a horrible beast.

Henry has stated more that once he likes aggressive women...

Your rawr would be welcomed....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Nobody HATES diamonds ,

I don't hate diamonds, but I don't like sporting them (I inherited a 1.7-carat diamond ring that I never wear) because I do hate that mining them has caused (and continues to cause) untold misery, for an item whose status is based solely on a marketing campaign by De Beers, whose sins include coming up with the "rule" that a man should spend one month's salary on a diamond (in the 1930s, no less), then upping it to two month's salary in the 1980s, and now 3 month's salary is bandied about.  And we won't even get into their manipulation of supply to keep them "scarce."

I do think they're pretty, as a sparkly thing.  But boy are they fraught...if you look below the reputation De Beers has created for their product.

19 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It appears as though Brett would rather hide behind, "preserving their privacy", instead of acknowledging that they are an actual couple.  I can understand why this would anger and frustrate Olivia.

At first I kind of admired his bid for preserving their privacy, even though it's obviously misplaced in a reality TV show.  But now that I'm getting the feeling it's tinged with sneakiness, not so much.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The blow hard guy that had breakfast ChristinA was Henry's stepdad.

Henry's Dad died in 2018 according to the article above.

Pretty sure the deceased gentleman mentioned in the article was Henry's granddad. Henry is 34, which would make his dad mid to late 50s. I think his dad is Henry Rodriguez III and the man in the article is Henry's grandfather, H. Rodriguez, Jr, who was 82 when he died.

• Love 8

Makes more sense...
MAFS Henry running for Parish President against his Dad does not seem plausible.
The gas bag who gave the inappropriate toast at the reception is the Upstart son mentioned in the article.

Thanks for the clarification.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kira53 said:

I feel so badly for people who are bored and not enjoying this season. I'm finding it quite delightful and enjoying each couple.

Me too!  This is my favorite season ever.  At the end of each episode, I can't believe I have to wait an ENTIRE week for the next. 😭

I'm finding the city itself to be an intriguing backdrop, and I've never seen so many emotionally intelligent, creative, successful people on one show before (Miles, Woody, Amani, Bennett, Amelia, and imo even Brett).  Karen is boring and uptight, but still chic and eloquent, so I don't mind watching her.  Olivia, Henry, and Christina can get lost, but that's still batting way above average for a reality show.  Like, how beautiful was Amelia's song?! and we haven't even talked about it on here because we already take their talents for granted!  I am completely smitten with this entire season and truly wish I could be friends with some of them. 

• Love 12

I'm betting there's an easy explanation for Bennett procuring the blender, but I wish we'd been told.  I'm guessing Amelia wanted one, Bennett learned that a neighbor or even castmate happened to have an extra, so he struck a deal and got her a thoughtful gift within his nonexistent budget.  At least I hope.  (I'm trying to romanticize a blender here, folks; work with me.)

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

Idle MAFS thoughts while plucking my eyebrows:  Miles may hang in there with Karen, even if she never fulfills him emotionally, just because she's so pretty.  But if that's still the dynamic 20 years down the road, that situation seems ripe for Miles cheating on her (wouldnt blame him) with someone who actually does shower him with the affection he craves.  And then...lightbulb moment...I wonder if that's why Karen's ex strayed. 

Don't get me wrong -- I have no idea, cheating is always wrong, et cetera.  But we've been fed this story that she's cold because she's been hurt...but what if she's been hurt because she's cold? 🤔

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Linarina said:

I'm betting there's an easy explanation for Bennett procuring the blender, but I wish we'd been told.  I'm guessing Amelia wanted one, Bennett learned that a neighbor or even castmate happened to have an extra, so he struck a deal and got her a thoughtful gift within his nonexistent budget.  At least I hope.  (I'm trying to romanticize a blender here, folks; work with me.)

Here's my theory: Production walked in early one morning announcing they were there to film the exchange of gifts. Bennett and Amelia, still in their pj's were flabbergasted because they hadn't bought gifts for each other. Hence, begins the quick thinking and Bennett tucks his night dress into his shorts, grabs the blender from the kitchen counter, and goes out into the hallway to fake a grand entrance. And well,  you know Amelia, she just goes along with anything and pretends to like anything no matter how unsatisfactory it is (i.e. the tiny house, the nightdress, the sequined hat, etc)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Here's my theory: Production walked in early one morning announcing they were there to film the exchange of gifts. Bennett and Amelia, still in their pj's were flabbergasted because they hadn't bought gifts for each other. Hence, begins the quick thinking and Bennett tucks his night dress into his shorts, grabs the blender from the kitchen counter, and goes out into the hallway to fake a grand entrance. And well,  you know Amelia, she just goes along with anything and pretends to like anything no matter how unsatisfactory it is (i.e. the tiny house, the nightdress, the sequined hat, etc)

That actually does make sense. 😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

This was his grandfather according to someone on Reddit.  Either way I understand why Henry is the way that he is now. Imagine being around two people with this type of personality and having Henry's more reserved personality.  He probably feels like he's married to the female version of them.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

I'm the same age as Henry and would fly to NOLA if I knew he was into black women jk. In all seriousness I would rather have someone like Henry over last season's Brandon and Michael. 

• Love 10

I think that all/most of the anniversary gifts were producer rigged. I am guessing they paid for the earrings when Woody went shopping. If COVID hadn't just hit, I am sure they would have paid for the nice evenings out, which some couples had planned. What is curious is that it does not appear that all of the couples realized the importance of the milestone and didn't exchange anything.

Even though we all saw the real weddings, it was interesting to me (again, since we suspect the production team hates ChristinA), that none of the pictures in her wedding album showed her smiling or even appearing the least bit happy. As I said before, Olivia was just beaming and so happy. That person is gone. So, here's another theory. Supposedly Brett is very different off camera and is nice and sweet. Maybe Olivia is also different and more like wedding Olivia?  I am trying to give her a break because if off-camera Olivia is just like on-camera Olivia, she would be too draining and exhausting to live with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Come on, it's Woody, not a professor of the history of the diamond trade at an Ivy League school. It's not PBS and it's not a documentary. I enjoy what he has been highly entertaining and he's only speaking about his life experience.  It was not a speech with annotations.  I think Woody is highly intelligent but he's not speaking as an expert fact witness in a court of law.  Woody is talking about for his own life experience and perceptions.  He wasn't serious about accusing anyone of lying.  What would we do without Woody?  I find him highly entertaining and really quite lovable.

I agree.  Woody wasn't making a statement for a court case, he was just joking around.   

• Love 17
13 hours ago, pdlinda said:

As a woman, listening to Olivia DRONE on an on and on with the psycho babble that never lets up and never accomplishes anything except driving Brett further and further away emotionally makes me very sympathetic to his point of view. 

I said in an earlier thread that I didn't think Olivia was "marriage material" and that conclusion becomes, IMO, more apropos as the show grinds on toward completion.  

How ANY man would or could have the interest and/or desire to spend time with Olivia, is simply beyond me.  But, of course, I'm not a man so I suppose, theoretically, there's some male out there who would put up with her CONSTANT mind-numbing interrogations, discussions, conversations and consultations with the "experts."

It is an uncanny talent that some people have a never ending stream of words to describe and talk about the same subject from every angle imaginable. You tremble in fear to wedge a word in edgewise because they will simply unleash another unstoppable torrent of words in exchange. Its often better to agree (even if you don't agree) just to get out from under the endless pontificating.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I adore diamonds and will happily provide a good home to any cast off diamonds you don’t want anymore 🙂

Interesting theory that Olivia and Brett are shades of Nick and Sonja and have had sex which is complicating things.  

Funny that Karen revealed on Unfiltered she used to work with Henry.  That should’ve come out during the honeymoons when they had them all interacting.  Since ChristinA tried to warn Olivia that Brett is an ass is there a clip somewhere of Karen warning Henry that ChristinA is an ass?

Edited by Booger666
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 10/1/2020 at 3:30 PM, OnTime said:

Bennett and Amelia had colorful furniture and their paining on the wall. Their place looked like fun.

The other apts have zero color.

Bennet and Amelia are actually making the apartment feel like home. They are sincere about making the marriage work and meshing their lives. Some of the others, not so much.

Re the blender: maybe Benn brought it over from his little home, or he had already given it to her and they had to reshoot the scene. But I don't think he has a lot of money to spend. Besides, it's just a month anniversary. No big whoop (except on reality tv)

• Love 6

I'm the same age as Henry and would fly to NOLA if I knew he was into black women jk. In all seriousness I would rather have someone like Henry over last season's Brandon and Michael. 

I decided Henry is a big catch for the right person. When he was talking with his friend, I found him to be self-deprecating in such a way that actually speaks to a LOT of confidence in that he knows himself very well and is comfortable with his limitations. Like everyone else, he just wants someone to accept him for who he is. I also thought he came off as intelligent, funny, and super-perceptive even though he parses his responses when he's uncomfortable (which is unfortunately all the time with ChristinA.) He even said, he's on guard because she drops little mean non-joke jokes.

You can tell that he is incredibly loyal to those he loves and just holds his cards very close to his chest until he is comfortable. My husband struggled with extreme shyness his entire childhood, and while you can't tell now, he is really discerning about who he reveals what about himself to. I am 100% the opposite, I will tell you my life story 20 minutes after meeting you (it's really force of habit — I'm a writer/journalist, and over the years have learned this being completely open is the best way to draw subjects out and it just bled over to my personal life), but over time I've decided his & Henry's approach is actually far, far wiser. When you're that quiet, you don't have to deal with a lot of nonsense & drama.

Edited by Mrs. Button
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Mrs. Button said:

Like everyone else, he just wants someone to accept him for who he is. I also thought he came off as intelligent, funny, and super-perceptive even though he parses his responses when he's uncomfortable (which is unfortunately all the time with ChristinA.)

Henry looked pleased as punch when Karen was vouching for him...like that they were friends before his nightmare marriage.

3 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Interesting theory that Olivia and Brett are shades of Nick and Sonja and have had sex which is complicating things.

Yes, Brett is channeling Nick who protected his fair maiden's honor by not spilling the beans that he and Sonia had sex....he was going to let her fess up to the deed.

However, Olivia seems to have gone to a angry place after their secret sexy time manifesting in her inability to articulate exactly why she was complaining about Brett to Cal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Adeejay said:

PLEASE don't compare Brett with Luke.  From the wedding night when Kate was too tired to take a shower, Luke was constantly making snide comments on TH about her hygiene, culminating in his very calculated attempt to make the audience think she was a very heavy drinker.  Brett is nothing like Luke.  I've watched since Day 1 and Luke is by far the worst person they've ever chosen to be on the show.  A truly horrible human being.

I actually thought Nick and Sonia had a chance until he broke down and told her in a pretty despicable way that he didn't find her attractive.  I thought that was awful then, but now I think that's what Henry should say to Christina.  You know, get it out in the open, rip off the bandage, get the blood flowing and allow the wound to heal.   

• Love 4
13 hours ago, spunky said:

I'd rather have him or Brett over either of those assholes and Zach too!  Wow did last season have a lot of stinkers!  And @JapMo I agree that Luke was the worst ever.  😖

• Love 7
On 10/1/2020 at 9:58 PM, humbleopinion said:

That was Henry's grandfather who died in 2018 and was referred to as Junior. Apparently young Henry is one of a long line of Henrys:

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-henry-rodriguez-revealed/

Just now, TheMediumBopper said:

That was Henry's grandfather who died in 2018 and was referred to as Junior. Apparently young Henry is one of a long line of Henrys (and comes from a long line of blowhards, too, which maybe explains something about him):

https://soapdirt.com/married-at-first-sight-henry-rodriguez-revealed/

• Love 1
11 hours ago, princelina said:

I'd rather have him or Brett over either of those assholes and Zach too!  Wow did last season have a lot of stinkers!  And @JapMo I agree that Luke was the worst ever.  😖

I actually spoke to Luke once. He was asking for movie ,suggestions and I gave him one not expecting him to even watch it. Not only did he watch it but we had an 8 hour conversation via DM about it. He was actually very funny.  

• Useful 1

What a boring episode. I only finished it last night right before bed & it was a good sedative.

The diamond shopping was product placement & most likely paid for. 

The blender looked more high end for smoothies. I think I had one like that once before I stopped the smoothie thing. I agree it was a production set up - "Here's a blender, throw some pants on, tuck your nightshirt in & 'surprise' her at the door with it." Yeah, okay. 🙄

Brett's cat is always out but Olivia's cats must be hiding whenever they film (smart).  Seems like at least one will be out to comfort her next week when Brett takes off - looks like a much more eventful episode coming up.

• Love 7
On 10/2/2020 at 7:54 AM, spunky said:

I'm sure if a person were kind, actually listened to him, was non-judgy, and treated him like an equal human, he would not be concerned about pigment!  (coming from one who is pigmentally challenged here).  Dang, the  poor guy seems like he just wants a kind word and a genuine smile or laugh.  He is creeping close to Kate levels of beat-down.    I think we all saw the writing on the wall when Christina mentioned at least 12 times in episode 1 how 'worldly' she was and how poor, poor neophyte Henry had gasp- never even traveled - gasp.

21 hours ago, Booger666 said:

I adore diamonds and will happily provide a good home to any cast off diamonds you don’t want anymore 🙂

/snip

I have some I would happily trade for some sparkly emeralds or rubies!    I don't dislike diamonds - nothing personal - just find them kind of boring.  I reserve my true hatred for "diamond chips" clogging up every pretty gemstone solitaire on the planet.  P'tooey.  (I digress).

I think Woody was just being silly about the diamond thing.  He and Amani are the surprise of the season for me.  I was so worried for her episode 1.   It will be awkward though if they make it and Karen and Miles don't.  I am not sure how Amani really fells about Karen - she is so gracious it's hard to tell - but I think she genuinely likes them both.

Bennet and Amelia continue to be strangely adorable, and I find myself really, really hoping to see them on couples cam with A&W next year.

The less said about Olivia and Bret the better.  Bad match, just bad.  Not Henry/Christina levels bad, but close.  I think someone mixed up the prospective spouses on this one.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

I'm sure if a person were kind, actually listened to him, was non-judgy, and treated him like an equal human, he would not be concerned about pigment!  (coming from one who is pigmentally challenged here).  Dang, the  poor guy seems like he just wants a kind word and a genuine smile or laugh.  He is creeping close to Kate levels of beat-down.    I think we all saw the writing on the wall when Christina mentioned at least 12 times in episode 1 how 'worldly' she was and how poor, poor neophyte Henry had gasp- never even traveled - gasp.

I have some I would happily trade for some sparkly emeralds or rubies!    I don't dislike diamonds - nothing personal - just find them kind of boring.  I reserve my true hatred for "diamond chips" clogging up every pretty gemstone solitaire on the planet.  P'tooey.  (I digress).

I think Woody was just being silly about the diamond thing.  He and Amani are the surprise of the season for me.  I was so worried for her episode 1.   It will be awkward though if they make it and Karen and Miles don't.  I am not sure how Amani really fells about Karen - she is so gracious it's hard to tell - but I think she genuinely likes them both.

Bennet and Amelia continue to be strangely adorable, and I find myself really, really hoping to see them on couples cam with A&W next year.

The less said about Olivia and Bret the better.  Bad match, just bad.  Not Henry/Christina levels bad, but close.  I think someone mixed up the prospective spouses on this one.

True. I'm starting to think that he and Karen might have been a good match. She's petite like he requested.  She's reserved just like he is. From what Miles said, she's nurturing and would probably enjoy the Michelin star dinners he likes. Plus she used to work with him and already understands his personality. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, spunky said:

True. I'm starting to think that he and Karen might have been a good match. She's petite like he requested.  She's reserved just like he is. From what Miles said, she's nurturing and would probably enjoy the Michelin star dinners he likes. Plus she used to work with him and already understands his personality. 

But then they would have had TWO couples "meeting for the first time at the altar" who had already met! 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1