Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E24: Power of Veto #8

• Start Topic

David’s expression during his conversation with Enzo after noms is the same as mine would be if my coffee table started talking to me.  Like, I’d be fully aware that something happened, but I’m just not quite sure what.

David made a really stupid mistake, but Kevin is such a sad sack hopefully everyone can get over it and send Kevin packing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

OTEV was styled like the Grateful Dead, talked like an 80s surfer, demanded shirts styled after 60s bands, buried under paraphernalia from a Frankie and Annette movie, and this was put together by PAs and competed in by houseguests who likely all hadn't been born yet when any of this was originally popular.

That's 2020 for you.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Aw, Kevin. He needs a hug!

Xmas annoys as usual. And Nicole needs to not help her out. Karma bit her in the ass though (as she fell on it repeatedly). 

Oh, David...David. You do make it so hard to root for you. This just isn't your game. Shoulda put the prize shirt aside, hidden, and then looked for the OTEV shirt. And if you were going to be last, then grab the prize one and go. Or fake that you're last at least. There was still another person looking for the OTEV shirt.

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Also can we just point out how lazy the Production intern with the Cricut who had to make that Nicole + Victor pillow two days after they moved in because Franzel bitched that she didn't get one Production is? All of the shirts in each round were the same exact colour. So if you see the first person flail up the ramp with a blue and yellow tie-dyed shirt, there's no point in looking for anything but blue and yellow tie-dyed shirts. Like, damn. Randomize that shit a bit. 

I thought about that too!! That's what I would do. 😄

I don't blame David for taking the cash. 

I had no idea Kevin was part Japanese. I was shocked that Day didn't include him as black.  What the hell?

Nicole falling was fun. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Aw, Kevin. He needs a hug!

Xmas annoys as usual. And Nicole needs to not help her out. Karma bit her in the ass though (as she fell on it repeatedly). 

Oh, David...David. You do make it so hard to root for you. This just isn't your game. Shoulda put the prize shirt aside, hidden, and then looked for the OTEV shirt. And if you were going to be last, then grab the prize one and go. Or fake that you're last at least. There was still another person looking for the OTEV shirt.

Didn't you have to be on a lily pad to win the money? You couldn't be last and still win. It was down to him and Cody.

3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Didn't you have to be on a lily pad to win the money? You couldn't be last and still win. It was down to him and Cody.

At that point there was a money lily pad and enough OTEV pads for everyone else. Once David won the $$, that lily pad was removed. Cody went up last and got on the last OTEV pad.

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I had no idea Kevin was part Japanese. I was shocked that Day didn't include him as black.  What the hell?

This was a surprisingly heartwrenching part. It really touched me, and then made me think about biracial people in my family, and if they felt the same. I don't think so, but it was a powerful and helpful segment nonetheless. 

• Love 11

The houseguests were just a bunch of entitled creeps.  David was 100% correct to take the money. There is no concievable possibility in the known universe that on finale night Julie Chen would be crowning him the winner of Big Brothers All Stars....none. It was the second smartest move he made all summer behind not telling anyone he had the basement power.

Naturally Cody won. It's the same thing  happening here that made his season with Derrick the worst in BB history. Cody is in no danger and everyone is cake walking him to the half million dollars. What's the point anymore.

Okay something positive. That was some of the best editing the show has ever done during the Nicole/Christmas conversation with its cut away zooms and close ups of Dani. They really sold her as a scheming villain. Honorable mention to Dani going full Lady MacBeth after Christmas stormed away from the veto selection.

Wow speaking of that Nicole/Christmas talk...the bags under Nicole' s eye made it look like she hasn't slept in ages and I guess in the BB house it would be pretty hard but at least this year the night/vision sex cam is getting the season off as we have no showmances getting down to business.

Random bits: No clue Kevin was part Japanese but the Producers know he is going so they needed to wedge that bit in tonight. Also Nicole  for whatever her reasons totally threw that competition in the end after Kevin was out.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Naturally Cody won. It's the same thing  happening here that made his season with Derrick the worst in BB history. Cody is in no danger and everyone is cake walking him to the half million dollars. What's the point anymore.

Well... the OTEV curse hasn't been broken yet so should it hold, Cody won't win Big Brother (no one who has won OTEV has ever won the game). Also Christmas was first in the house this season and that's another curse that hasn't been broken*.

Tamar Braxton in CBB2 doesn't really count because CBB was its own thing.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

if you see the first person flail up the ramp with a blue and yellow tie-dyed shirt, there's no point in looking for anything but blue and yellow tie-dyed shirts. Like, damn. Randomize that shit a bit. 

This. Totally took all the fun out of it I thought... for example nobody was up there thinking they might not have the right answer... but at least there was an OTEV we could understand. It's also been a while since we had one that didn't spew something at the hg's.

I would have taken the money too and said 'Screw off, all of you are going to keep having to live here and soon meet me in the jury house. How much money will you have won at that point? Nada. Zero. Zippo. Zilch. Me, I got ten grand!' I mean you have to know the way the game is going and that you are going to be farrrr from final night with a possibility of getting cash. Good call there. Oh and Cody continues to be a dick toward everyone and their game moves as if they are all sooooo inferior for not kissing his ass. Pfft.

I really hope that they don't tell them about the third eviction until AFTER the second eviction so they will all be thinking 'Phew we made it!!' and then WHAM another eviction unfolds. But I'm sure they'll let them know ahead of time so they can prepare how to best keep Cody safe.

• Love 15

David's sad mwa wa face after Cody lectured him about taking the money was HILARIOUS. I literally lol'd and I'm watching this by myself. 

Having said that, I would have taken the money too. No way is he winning and it's sounds like even though the other houseguests are mad Kevin is still the target.

David will probably be the first to go in the triple. 

• Love 7

Welcome to Big Brother : The Season of Cody ! I'd say it would be a shame if he made it to Final 2 or 3 and lost, but really, out of all the most likely contenders to win, he's probably the least objectionable one left. A bit 'dense' but at least he's honest about it. The stuff about the states reminded me of one season when some contestant ( no idea who ) thought that the United States was 200,000 miles across, or something like that. 

The looks on Dani's face when the camera panned to her during the Nicole / Christmas conversation were rather scary ! She looked like she'd cut you and walk away whistling !

I sure hope that BB is going to donate all those balls and other crap to a needy kids charity or something else useful, because if they just send them to the landfill, that would be outrageous ! I don't recycle that much plastic in a 3 years, I would guess. Surely they will do something good with them... right ?

I agree with everyone who said David taking the money was the thing to do. Yeah, he could have tried to make it look a little better, but he has to know he's got like 0.00001 % chance to win the game, so why not ? Especially if it looked like he was going to lose the comp anyway.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

All that Crisco on the OTEV ramp better not mean that I don't get my Slip'n'Slide comp because I need all these assholes to fall on their mic packs. Repeatedly. 

I just this moment realized; Nicole Franzel has to be one of the only women on the planet I could see coated with Crisco and NOT think something at least somewhat dirty.

• LOL 11
58 minutes ago, Maya said:

That challenge was designed for a male to win. 

I disagree; that challenge was designed for a tall person to win, regardless of gender.

1 minute ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

So the people dead-set on voting David out soon are also offended that he took the guaranteed money? What am I missing here???

David isn’t doing it the way they think he should do it; therefore, he is evil and must be stopped.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

All of the shirts in each round were the same exact colour. So if you see the first person flail up the ramp with a blue and yellow tie-dyed shirt, there's no point in looking for anything but blue and yellow tie-dyed shirts. Like, damn. Randomize that shit a bit. 

I noticed that right off, and wondered why, after the first round at least, none of the players picked up on it. Once someone ran to the top, they only had to look and see what color t shirt the person had, and that would have narrowed down the searching quite a bit. But nobody seemed to do that. They were still picking up all the shirts and reading them.

BB22 continues to embarrass me. I tried to introduce my husband to the show this year because I thought it would be a good season, but he stopped paying attention early on because it was boring. (Can’t blame him.) This week, I made him watch because OTEV is always fun, at least, but his near-immediate reaction to OTEV the Psychedelic Spicoli Dude was “This is stupid.” Can’t fault him there, either. This was by far the most cringeworthy version of OTEV ever. I might have found him funny if I were 6 years old. And high.

1 hour ago, Maya said:

That challenge was designed for a male  Cody to win. 

Fixed that for you. And may I add:  ...like every other challenge.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I tried to introduce my husband to the show this year because I thought it would be a good season, but he stopped paying attention early on because it was boring. (Can’t blame him.)

If it makes you feel any better, the first season I showed the husband? BB15. Yeah. And then there was BB16. By the time BB17 rolled around, he didn't trust me anymore. He watches now but he still side-eyes me on occasion. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Maya said:

That challenge was designed for a male to win. 

Somehow this is said about almost every challenge. 

A tall person could have killed this. A strong person regardless of gender could have killed it. Christmas would have rocked this.

What am I saying, anyone could of. It wasn't rigged for a man. 

• Love 5

I bet Dom loves sitting at home listening to his wife drool and go on about how good looking Cody is.... Blech!... Yes I know Dom will say "Dani can lust after any man she wants to.....I'm totally down with her flirting and complimenting other men.... I think it's great when my wife slobbers over a pompous asshole"...  Can you imagine if Dom did the same thing?  🙄

I can't handle anymore SAD SACK KEVIN and all of his hang ups.... I have a mixed raced son in law, he's very open and let's people know that HE identifies himself as AA even though he's half white, just like Barack Obama is half white but identifies himself as AA and the first AA president... Sometimes you need to quit crying, rolling your eyes, fiddling your fingers like a toddler and TELL people how you expect them to view you... He should have told Day that he views himself as AA and expects others to respect that.... Period.

Time for Kevin to grow up and quit whimpering around and blaming others for not knowing how he wants to be identified.... Open your mouth and tell them who you are and I'm sure people would respect that and refer to you as you've requested.

Going around like Eeyore and expecting other people to figure it out is ridiculous, he's an adult man not a little kid out on the playground.

I have sympathy for Kevin but eventually you have to grow up and let people know where you're coming from, it's not the other persons responsibility to try and figure out how you view yourself.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

So the people dead-set on voting David out soon are also offended that he took the guaranteed money? What am I missing here???

That was THEIR money!!!!! Even though they weren't playing and it didn't come out of their pocket or cost them anything and they would have done the same thing that David did... HOW DARE HE TAKE THAT MONEY!!!   

I love how Dani and Tyler both decided to go for the money and got 5 thousand each rather then try to win the hoh comp and that was fine and dandy but omg David decided to do the same in the veto comp and he's a monster. 🙄

Do these people ever listen to themselves and how shallow and selfish they are??

They're such assholes that it shocks me even though I should be used to it.

I think part of what pisses them off is they wanted David to kiss their asses and work for their votes all week, begging and groveling to stay in the house and by taking the 10K he fanned his fingers in their face, didn't grovel and did his own thing... Their egos can't handle it.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

That was THEIR money!!!!! Even though they weren't playing and it didn't come out of their pocket or cost them anything and they would have done the same thing that David did... HOW DARE HE TAKE THAT MONEY!!!   

Exactly - that’s food he’s taking out of their childrens’ mouths!!! (©️2014 Derrick Levasseur)

• LOL 9
12 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Didn't David already get $10,000? So now he has $20,000? Or am I wrong about this... 

No, he did not. Christmas won $5000 on the first night and Tyler/Dani each won $5000 in this week's HOH. I believe that's all the money that's been won this season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The problem with David going for the $10k is 1). he's on the block, so survival should be his main concern, and winning the veto would gaurantee that, and 2). anyone who wins money in the BB house immediately becomes a target (which is why people always try to keep that to themselves when they win).  This has been the "house attitude" for as long as I can remember.

David is the perfect player to get dragged along to F2.  As it stands, he's not a threat to anyone's game, so he can ride coattails to the $50k 2nd place money.  If he could win at least a few comps, he could make some kind of case to the jury that he deserves the money for some kind of "outsider strategy" he played, or something like that.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

... anyone who wins money in the BB house immediately becomes a target (which is why people always try to keep that to themselves when they win).  This has been the "house attitude" for as long as I can remember.

Christmas publicly won 5K on the first night.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I can't handle anymore SAD SACK KEVIN and all of his hang ups.... I have a mixed raced son in law, he's very open and let's people know that HE identifies himself as AA even though he's half white, just like Barack Obama is half white but identifies himself as AA and the first AA president... Sometimes you need to quit crying, rolling your eyes, fiddling your fingers like a toddler and TELL people how you expect them to view you... He should have told Day that he views himself as AA and expects others to respect that.... Period.

I feel bad agreeing with you, but I do agree.  It's ridiculous that I'm only finding out what Kevin is now.  Where I'm from most people are so narcissistically loud and proud about what we are. A lot of people are mixed and love to talk about it... there are clubs, etc. It's sad that Kevin feels the need to temper that down and be so shy and ask David what he thinks instead of just VOICING it.  He's an adult.  He should be proud of who he is.  How many black and Japanese people are there in the US and how many of them get to be on Big Brother?  It's a huge opportunity, it's a big deal, he gets to represent so many people and people would look up to him.  But we're only finding out about this now.  I heard rumblings in the threads about what he was, but it's so nice to actually HEAR it from HIM.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

David only made a mistake if he finishes outside of the money.   I think that is likely to happen.  I can't imagine David making final three.

Really?  - because right now I’d put David as a significant F2 option for virtually every other player in the House.  Can you think of any other HG in this cast you’d prefer to have sitting beside you in the F2 chairs when the Jury is voting on who gets the $500K?  David is the perfect F2 goat.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Somehow this is said about almost every challenge. 

A tall person could have killed this. A strong person regardless of gender could have killed it. Christmas would have rocked this.

What am I saying, anyone could of. It wasn't rigged for a man. 

What you are saying is theoretically true. However, once you factor in the biological realities that men are statistically taller and stronger than women and this type of contest is “rigged” for men to win. On “Tough as Nails” they adjusted competitions to allow for differences of height and weight. The golf competition is an example of a physical competition that isn’t skewed to favor men or women.

This is different than the pre-qualifying rounds on Episode 1 when it was outright rigged for the male players. In case people don’t remember, the players were divided by gender. The women had to reach the targets at the end of the box (more difficult) the men had to reach the targets at the beginning of the box (easier). While one woman won from each section, the other women timed out because it was more difficult to reach the end targets. There were twice as many men as women competing for HOH.

Edited by NYCFree
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Wow, Cody really is fucking stupid. "That's not a thing!"

Yes, Cody, it’s a’thing’ - and its name is demonym.

Speaking of which - and asking purely to resolve my own absolute ignorance on the subject, so nobody take offense please - do Japanese people and/or people of Japanese descent object to the demonym “Asian” being applied to them?  I ask because while Kevin appeared to use the terms “black” and “African American” fairly interchangeably, I don’t think I ever heard Kevin refer to himself as “Asian” or “Asian American” - all self-references in that context were specifically “Japanese”.  I was curious if this were a broader Japanese culture thing, or strictly a Kevin thing.

That might've been the most boring episode of this show that I have ever seen, and sadly I have seen them all.  What was with the psychedelic random shots of floating rainbow unicorns and houseguests intermingling with blow-up apparatus in between segments of playing OTEV?  Were we all supposed to be tripping?  And if Nicole really wanted to win that comp, she could've done a little bit better than trying to pull herself up the rope for 0.05 seconds, followed by a dramatic spread-eagled fall into the ball pit at the bottom where she reclined for awhile until she noted that Cody was on his way up the rope, and only then did she give another lame attempt at getting back up.

Just vote David out now and hand Cody or Tyler the check and I'll just go back to watching Australian Survivor until next summer. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't know about that.  Having people on the jury constantly mention that a black person has never won BB in all the time the series has been on the air, and added that people are about to leave the house, and given all that is going on in the real world?  I think if David makes final two he wins.  If he gets that far, an argument could be made that he deserves to win, regardless of what is going on in the real world.  He doesn't have an alliance to rely on.

Oh, I don’t disagree at all.  If a HG who has consistently been criticized all season as a rookie unworthy of inclusion in the vaulted ranks of “All Stars” can claw his way to F2, then I absolutely think a VERY strong “overcoming all obstacles, including extra obstacles not faced by any other HG in this season” argument could be made.  I just don’t think:

1. David is necessarily the person who could make such an argument successfully to THIS Jury - enough to sway their vote, at least.  
  2. There’s any HG remaining in this season’s crop who wouldn’t be confident they could beat David of all people in the Jury vote.  Under any circumstances a David-in-F2 scenario would require him to be sitting next to a Committee member, and the vast majority of the Jury will be ex-Committee members - a group who hasn’t been bashful in stating their universally low general opinion of David’s gameplay.  So under what circumstances would the Committee member in question (ANY Committee member) not expect to beat David by something like a 7-2 vote, with Da’Vonne and Kevin being the only outliers?

The only scenario I can see David in jeopardy of not making it to F2 is an F3 or F4 consisting of...

1. One Committee HG who is an overwhelmingly clear frontrunner in the Jury vote;
  2. 1-2 other Committee members who recognize and acknowledge their weakness(es) relative to the #1; and
  3. David.

...in which case the weaker Committee member(s) might want to evict David, so as to increase their chances of occupying the “goat chair”.

But wait a minute: should such an opportunity present itself for the weaker Committee member(s) to actually have that degree of control over who gets ejected - wouldn’t it make MUCH smarter Game sense to evict the frontrunner Committee member, and take David to F2 themselves?

• Useful 1

And please keep in mind the point where David makes his F2 pitch go the Jury comes well after all these other decisions have been made - so it’s entirely possible David could get carried to F2 as a goat, but surprise everybody by busting out his game as a well-thought-out strategic Trojan horse.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Time for Kevin to grow up and quit whimpering around and blaming others for not knowing how he wants to be identified.... Open your mouth and tell them who you are and I'm sure people would respect that and refer to you as you've requested.

Going around like Eeyore and expecting other people to figure it out is ridiculous, he's an adult man not a little kid out on the playground.

ALL OF THIS. Did Kevin actually ever tell DaVonne that he is half-Black? How is she just supposed to know that by looking at him? Until this episode, I thought he was Hispanic.

I am just so sick of Kevin whining about everything. Kevin, you have been on the block 5 times because you just project this constant image of woe is me, I am so pathetic self-pity. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Nashville said:

I just this moment realized; Nicole Franzel has to be one of the only women on the planet I could see coated with Crisco and NOT think something at least somewhat dirty.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Hands down, it sucks to be her.

At my moment of realization the thing which immediately popped to mind was a bit from the Kurt Vonnegut book Breakfast of Champions describing one of the characters:

Only one person noticed her sufficiently to comment out loud. He was Abe Cohen, the jeweler. He said this about Mary Alice, despising her sexlessness and innocence and empty mind: “Pure tuna fish!”

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I guess Kevin forgot to tack on his tail before entering the BB house.

He seems to be constantly whining in the BB house, I hope isn't that way in the real world.

You know how he gets sassy in the dr? He should bring that part of personality out more, I think he would make more friends that way. I like Kevin's fun side. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
3 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

ALL OF THIS. Did Kevin actually ever tell DaVonne that he is half-Black? How is she just supposed to know that by looking at him? Until this episode, I thought he was Hispanic.

I am just so sick of Kevin whining about everything. Kevin, you have been on the block 5 times because you just project this constant image of woe is me, I am so pathetic self-pity. 

Yes so much alllll of this! Mr. London watched this episode with me last night for the first time in years. He remembered some people from earlier seasons that I got him to watch. First thing he said was... does that guy (Kevin) always whine so much? I said, “yes... constantly 😑 it never ceases.” He did not remember Kevin at all from season 11. He said Nicole is very cute, he did not like her nose or voice, thought she was faking at the OTEV veto— I tried to tell him she complained about it for 2 days how she was so upset that she couldn’t get up. Then he commented that she had aged so much in another shot and was looking very old 😬. I think she is just looking tired this week, yet I have noticed her aging too in the last week. He remembered Enzo. He did not remember  Memphis. He thought Dani looked better with dark hair. He remembers Janelle and said he didn’t like her that much 14 years ago (sacrilege! I was like whaaat?!! How... 😦🤔😂) We did not have much to say about the psychedelic neon salamander. We could not decide if it was supposed to be 60’s- 70’s retro, 90’s retro or a current rave EDM DJ thing.  

yes, Kevin has talked about being half black with Da’Vonne. I know she knows. I remember him mentioning it to David and I remember that David had a look of surprise in his reaction. I didn’t know if it was surprise that Kevin is half black or that Kevin felt like the discrimination against him was less than David because he was half black and not fully black like David so he wasn’t comparing, but something about how he responded to David talking about the black man experience and talking about being half black somewhat surprised David briefly and I wish I knew what that micro expression of surprise was about from David. I think it was the way Kevin said that he doesn’t experience it as fully because he is half black. He meant it to empathize with David, yet it slightly threw David off for a second. 

Edited by Luckylondon
21 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Hmmm...so no "plead your case" for the veto? 

They either didn't do it all or what they said was BOOORing.

18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They rarely show those anymore. Which is a good thing imo as they are mostly stupid lol.

Well... the same person who put David and Kevin OTB was the same person who won PoV - so unless Cody simply had it in his mind to blow up his alliance / stir up some shit / make a new enemy or three, there was virtually zero chance of him actually using the PoV.  
And technically speaking it’s the PoV holder’s prerogative whether or not to even ask the Blockhoppers for their “save me” pleas, so if the PoV holder already has their mind firmly made up there’s not really any point - or, more importantly in the eyes of TPTB, any realistic basis for suspense.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

He should be proud of who he is.  How many black and Japanese people are there in the US and how many of them get to be on Big Brother?  It's a huge opportunity, it's a big deal, he gets to represent so many people and people would look up to him.  But we're only finding out about this now.  I heard rumblings in the threads about what he was, but it's so nice to actually HEAR it from HIM.  

Keep in mind that you’re only hearing what production chooses to let you hear. I’m putting the rest of my comment in spoiler tags because it includes stuff from live feeds, but there is no spoiling of gameplay within. 

Spoiler

Kevin has talked about his mixed heritage, and his frustrations about not being accepted fully by either side, on numerous occasions. He had a lengthy conversation with Da’vonne about it once, after she neglected to count him amongst the Black players for the 2nd or 3rd time. She apologized for that. He has also spoken at length with David. Kevin has not been shy about who he is, and it sounds like it has been a lifelong struggle for him. (In terms of acceptance, not because he’s ashamed in any way.) The fact that you’re only just hearing about it is totally on production.

4 hours ago, Nashville said:

David is the perfect F2 goat.

Actually, so is Kevin. If I were them, I think I’d get rid of David. He’s far more inscrutable and unpredictable.

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I would rather have Enzo or Nicole sitting next to me.

Not Enzo, he’s far too likable. They all love Enzo. Nicole would be a good candidate, as a former winner. She’s also well liked, though, so that makes her a little iffy. Just ask Sandra (Survivor).

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2