Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E24: Power of Veto #8

• Start Topic

Much like the HG's, I was incensed that David went for the money during OTEV.  Unlike the HG's, it wasn't because I thought he didn't deserve it or was somehow disrespecting the process,  I was just super annoyed that he robbed me of the pleasure of seeing the great and wonderful Cody out on the first round.  That would have been lovely.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

So David said he was willing to take the money, if that meant he was evicted so be it.  Then at the end we have the contradictory DR statement that he's worried he'll be evicted and wonders if he made a mistake.  The editors just can't get it right, except for the casuals who won't care about the details, but that's exactly why they shouldn't cater for them.  It's like they want to create drama and make out David cares or is worried about being evicted after they had already shown he's happy just getting the money.

Kevin's edit has been annoying for even longer though.  The producers obviously want to make him likeable somehow.  They continually glossed over that they showed him divulging information on David to Dani and Nicole, and that he was clearly aligned with their own plan in that vote.  I liked David's response to Kevin this episode, you are you.  Great way to explode the whole race discussion, not that it was presented that way of course.  It's a tough job to make Kevin sympathetic but the producers are never going to stop giving up till he leaves (hopefully this week).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

ALL OF THIS. Did Kevin actually ever tell DaVonne that he is half-Black? How is she just supposed to know that by looking at him? Until this episode, I thought he was Hispanic.

I am just so sick of Kevin whining about everything. Kevin, you have been on the block 5 times because you just project this constant image of woe is me, I am so pathetic self-pity. 

I'm surprised Day didn't know since she is a super fan and it was mentioned in season 11 multiple times. Kevin would always say he is Blasian. 

I have to agree with Cody on one thing, I hate when people say I am, insert state of origin here.  We are all Americans.

Maybe because I live in a shitty state, but I never understood state pride.  I would never refer to myself as a Rhode Islander or New Englander.  I am an American and that is all.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:27 PM, Melina22 said:

This was a surprisingly heartwrenching part. It really touched me, and then made me think about biracial people in my family, and if they felt the same. I don't think so, but it was a powerful and helpful segment nonetheless. 

A lot of people are ragging on that segment, but I have to admit it go to me as well.  Maybe I am a sap, but yeah it tugged at my heartstrings.

4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I liked David's response to Kevin this episode, you are you.  Great way to explode the whole race discussion, not that it was presented that way of course. 

That is how I feel.  I truly do not care if he is gay, or black, or Japanese.  To me he is Kevin and that's good enough to me.  Even though he very much comes across as a Colin Robinson (energy vampire), for the most part he seems like a nice guy. 

Growing up I think that is how most people I knew felt .  My friend George is just that George and he happened to be black.  To him I was BK and I happened to be white.  It did not matter much to either of us.  What did matter was playing with our Star Wars toys and our Transformers.  Now the fact that he liked the Blue Jays of all teams (This was the mid-80's, how many Americans were actually Blue Jays fans?)and I liked the Yankees meant far more to us than color of our skin ever did.

It is funny how now if you say that you are somehow deemed a racist. Why?  I have no clue, I don't have that sort of mindset but it has become the prevailing thought among a lot of people.

3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm surprised Day didn't know since she is a super fan and it was mentioned in season 11 multiple times. Kevin would always say he is Blasian. 

Yeah I remember someone saying they were Blasian but it took me a little bit to figure out it was Kevin.  For some odd reason I thought it was some from The Challenge who said that about themselves.  Then a few weeks into the season I was like, "No it was Kevin who said it."  It always stood out to me because I had never heard that term before.

• Love 1